The Golden Age- Revival Anyone?

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

The Golden Age- Revival Anyone?

Postby Strafe » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:08 am

So, my RP, the Golden Age is sort of Sitting there aimlessly, and it seems a few people want in, so I'm reopening it for action again. Here is the original premise:

---

Arrgh? Shiver me timbers? Avast me hearties... uh... sure. Alrighty then. So this is my second ever RP, inspired in part by Pirates of the Caribbean, and Phantom Sorano's RP from along time ago, Pirates of the galaxy, which was the first RP I ever got into...

Now the subject is... Pirates! and well, this is my first actual indefinite RP, so there really is no end, and not much of an overlying plot. There will be plot arcs, but none of them will be entirely conclusive.

---

Story: The year is 1718, and the tropical waters have become a dangerous place. British trade ships have been known to disappear without a trace, only to reappear months later, taken over by an unruly bunch of murderous men. They called them pirates. The great demons of the seven seas, striking fear in the hearts of men who foolishly come before them.

Since the great influx of piracy, the British Empire has taken it upon itself to combat the disorder, and bring an iron fist of judgement upon all who seek to cheat life by stealing. For the sake of the law does the British Navy sail, and to protect the people from harm.

But the pirates must make a living for themselves, and say that the cruel world's fate has brought them no choice but to take what they rightly deserve... and then some. Money must be made somehow.

Even still, law and livelihood are not the only factors at stake. Greed, pride, honor, and even revenge haunt both the pirates and navy, who have lost much in the great struggle for wealth, and seek to gain much in return.

It is in these turbulent waters that we find our story.

---

So, not nearly as philosophical as my first RP, and much more accessible and broad. Hoping for a more... abundant turnout than last time. Its a massive scale RP, so there needs to be alot of people. If needed, I will postpone the start date until there are enough people, so get your friends.

While its big, its not as committal, unless you entangle yourself in the plot too much. Only take on what you can handle.

Here's a character sheet:

Name:
Crew Affiliation and aspiration: (Who they fight for/ under and why. And what position they are in the crew)
Appearance: (Encompasses Height, Weight, Hair, Eyes, Skin, Clothing style, Piercings, etc.)
Personality:
Background:
Vice: (A little special parameter. Something that they cannot resist, such as drinking, women, or even perhaps bloodshed.)

There will be three main affiliations. Pirates, the British Empire, and Neutral. You either plunder ships for whatever reason, arrest pirates for whatever reason, or be neutral, meaning merchants and civilians.

There are no aliens... sorry. Or magic. Just guns, cannons, and blades, and whatever else is possible in the 18th century.

You can control NPCs, as in unimportant crew members, shop clerks, and bar maids, or other non essential ships.

And it would be cool if actual historical pirates could be played. Like Blackbeard, Anne Bonny, Mary Read, Captain Kidd, but feel free to simply create your own pirates. These people could always be NPCs or alluded to.

So yeah... that's all I have for now.

---

Basically, as said above, you can do whatever you like. Jump in how you like and whatnot. The current plot is circling around the execution of Stede Bonnet, and you can choose to take part in that, and whoever is returning can do continue it. But the plot isn't necessary to the RP.

Use the Character Template Above to create a new character. Returning Players, you can find your old templates in this thread:

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=55568

Please Copy and Paste them so that new Players have an easy reference to them and don't have to go to the old thread.

Other than that, looking forward to see who joins up.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby Strafe » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:13 am

My Characters:

Name: Jonathan Hartford

Affiliation and Aspiration: Upstart Pirate Captain. Seeks to avenge his family name, find his brother, and pick up beautiful women on the way.

Appearance: Wears a Trademark Top Hat and suit everywhere he goes, carries a bootleg-self-modified-rifle. White, with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, tall and slender.

Ship description: Sylvienne is a scrapped Garbage barge that he managed to fix. The only thing it can really do is sail. It has no guns.

Background: The son of a successful businessman, Jonathan grew up living the spoiled sheltered life of a London affluent, along with his brother Caine. As the affairs of Piracy and such meant nothing to him, His father turned a blind eye to the various threats he recieved from pirates. This would mark the downfall of the Hartford Name. In less than a week of a specifically unusual threat, Jonathan's Father was brutally murdered before his eyes after seeing his fortune fall away in mere days, and Caine was captured and forced to enlist in the pirate's crew. Left in one piece, strangely, Jonathan picked himself up and buried his father, swearing on his grave that he would avenge him and his name. However, he was left with a major problem- He had no idea what a Pirate was in the first place. In a humorous blunder, he set off into the vastness of the seven seas in search of the pirate with his trusty first mate Song, captaining the grand Sylvienne.

Personality: Jonathan is a happy go-lucky womanizer who forgets all the time that he is dead broke, whether he is buying flowers for some random girl, or attempting to buy a chocolate factory for his first date. This constantly backfires when he is arrested for public disturbance when they find his currency is not even real in the first place. On the outside, Jonathan could not be enjoying life any more. However, as Song could attest, he harbors very dark feelings unbefitting of his external appearance. So dark, perhaps, that it could consume him and everyone around him. It is with this mindset that Jonathan finds himself, trapped in the treacherous world.

Vice: Jonathan cannot resist a beautiful woman, foremostly. But aside from that, he does not respond well to correction, has a terribly inflated ego, and is an amateur inventor of guns that rarely work.

---

Name: Song Yin Yue

Age: (It's not polite to ask a woman's age ) Appears to be 19

Appearance: Raven Hair tied up in Ponytail, Dressed in Traditional Chinese clothing, carries a ruan. Asian, long raven hair, short, slender, and Deep brown eyes. Hides numerous blades on her person, including a wu jian she is especially skilled in handling.

Position: First Mate on the Sylvienne. Seeks to solve the mystery of her identity.

History: Song Yin Yue does not remember why someone of her descent was ever in London. She does not remember her childhood. Nor does she remember her birthday. For that matter, she has no idea if she even had a mother or father. The first thing she remembers is how she woke up, lying on the cold floor deep beneath the city, in a strange place, with the name, Song Yin Yue scrawled in blood above her head. To her, this was where her life began. Blessed (or cursed) with a freakish intelligence, and for some reason, a natural virtuosity at playing the ruan, Song set out into the streets of London. And it was here that she met, or rather, Jonathan met (or rather still, hit on) her. She told him that she was looking for answers. Jonathan, in a fit of playfulness, suggested that he indeed, had the answers she was looking for. Thus, Song began to follow him, to his annoyance. It wasn't until she saved his life that Jonathan took notice. Recognizing her abilities, Jonathan Promptly recruited Song into his Crew, and thus the dynamic duo of Jonathan and Song was born. But Song had more in her mind than just piracy. Following Jonathan for the time being, she trusted that she would uncover the truth about herself, and her namesake.

Personality: Very cool headed but serious, almost chillingly non-emotional. If the partnership were to be described as a tsukkomi, Song would be the straight man of the two. She is a genius when it comes to anything technical, but simple household tasks like Cooking and cleaning are beyond a mystery to her.

Vice: She has been getting rather close to Jonathan as of late, but otherwise is perfectionist in nature, and cannot let a problem stand.

---

Name: James Jackson (Olumide Awotunde)
Crew Affiliation and aspiration: Navy, First mate on HMS Surprise. Seeks to one day return home when he is truly free.
Appearance: Of African descent. Tall, Strong, Hardened Body from hard ship labor. Intensely dark skin, Dark hair cut close to scalp, strong dark eyes.
Personality: Solemn, but kind. Scarred Physically and Emotionally. Quiet, but sharp witted and instinctive. Likes delicate things, and hates oppression. Has a strong sense of right and wrong.
Background: Captured from his village to work at an American tobacco plantation, abducted by pirates soon after, then pressed into service by the navy, James has always been in some sort of servitude, and experienced hardship worse than most. But if he has anything to say of all of his hardships, no one would ever know it. James has risen through the ranks for the past few years, gaining trust and respect from his crew mates and captain Bridget, but simply sustains his calm composure, and speaks very little, letting his actions speak for him instead. His English is not perfect, and he is well aware, though not ashamed of that fact. It's not his language, after all.
Vice: He must protect the weak, or else they may suffer the same fate he did.

---

Name: Bridget Hollingsworth
Crew Affiliation and aspiration: Captain of the HMS surprise. Seeks to rise above her male peers and shine a light of hope for women in a masculine-dominated society.
Appearance: A military sort of woman, blonde hair tied tightly into a bun, Striking blue eyes, almost a fox-like face. Silver rimmed glasses correct her vision. She wear's a captain's navy uniform tailored down to fit her petite frame. A rapier hangs at her side, ready to be drawn at any moment.
Personality: Though she is small, her personality makes her seem larger than she really is. She is a strong-willed, authoritative woman who will do what is necessary to achieve her goals. She is brash outwardly, harsh, but never uncouth. But she still is a woman at heart, and has to hide her feminine side from her crew, as she views it as weak. She also has a mind for propriety, being raised in an aristocratic upbringing. She has a depth of kindness and empathy that allows for her to be
Background: She grew up as the daughter of a well to do aristocrat, pampered and spoiled, being tailored for the world of women, the sort of women who would marry, give birth, then spend the rest of their lives wasting away with nothing to do, while the men would do things that really mattered. She hated having to rely on the chauvinist pigs who deemed themselves superior to women, and her rage grew against the adversity. One day, when her father arranged a marriage to an older man when she was a girl, she fled from her home disguised as a boy, then stowed away on a navy ship. It has been 15 years since then, and Bridget has since risen through the ranks on that same ship, until the position of Captain was bestowed upon her by the previous captain, who now serves as the ship's navigator. However, she is not officially recognized as captain, as she is an undocumented sailor. Documentation would cause her family to find her, but also does bot allow her name to be known. Because of her similar sentiments against oppression with James, she has taken him under his wing and promised to return him home one day.
Vice: She has developed quite the taste for alcohol, though she only drinks in private. James is the only one who has ever seen her drunk. While drunk, she finds it entertaining to pretend she is a cat, much do the dismay of her first mate. It is a 180 degree turn from her usual demeanor.

---

As usual, all characters approved unless I say otherwise. Feel free to post after posting a character template. Unless of course, you are uncertain of whether or not the characters are approved.

Returning players feel free to continue posting as normal.
Strafe

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:34 am

Name: Trisscar "Triss" Mayflower
Crew Affiliation and aspiration: She's a stowaway on Johnson's Ship
Appearance: http://images.wikia.com/dragonica/images//6/66/Concept_Thief.jpg is 6ft tall, very skinny and curvy, and wieghs average for her hight.
Personality: Outgoing, sometimes has a temper, is very sassy.
Background: Triss was left on the streets ever since she was a kid. She made her living by stealing, and overtime she bacame a master at it. One day she saw Johnson's ship anchored in the town, and she had the idea to sneak in there and see what sort of treasure they had. But she was so busy looking, that the ship left before she could get off. but she doesn't mind. Because she decided to stay on the ship, and steal treasure when ever the pirates go out on a raid, and spend it whenever they go to a harbor.
Vice: She can't resist treasure of any kind.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby acgifford » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:43 am

I may join this one.^^ I just gotta see if I can come up with a char I'm happy with.
acgifford

Postby Strafe » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:57 am

Alright. But you can reinstate your old character if you want to.
Strafe

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:17 am

Sounds good; I'll repost Captain Lark shortly.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Lil_Ninja » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:24 am

I'm game! I'll repost Capt'n Jack along with my other two (which I'll probably tweak)
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Mister » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:46 pm

Name: Com. Florence Bane
Crew Affiliation and aspiration: Commodore of the Moon Maiden, a British Navy 4th rate Frigate
Appearance: 6'2", straight black hair, blue eyes, 200Lbs, tanned, wears Traditional Admiral's/Commodore's dress while on deck, minus the hat and epaulettes, and his full uniform while on land
Personality: Humorous, good natured, easy going, shrewd, thoughtful and cunning, very sensible and straight forward.
Background: Florence grew up on the docks of his home in Dublin. he longed to sail as a the captain of a ship when he was young. as soon as he turned sixteen he joined the Royal Navy. his first assignment was the Motherland, Captained by Sir. Simon (Scipio) Barrons, a tought and battle hardened captain who died seven years after Florence joined on. only two years later he was promoted to first mate, then to captain of his ship, the Brandy. four years later he was promoted to Commodore for his valiant fight against the French in 1712. to this day, 1718 he has served six years of chasing pirates and sinking French merchant ships.
Vice: Gambling, Smoking his Pipe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby Strafe » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:21 pm

Awesome. We're back in business. Sorry for letting it die people. That was rather irresponsible of me. <_< Maybe we should do some brainstorming while we're here. Some ideas of where to take the RP, since it was pretty aimless. I sent out a message to everyone else who was in the RP too. I should probably tell you what I told them:

Now would be a good time to make new characters, any changes you've been itching to make to your characters, make suggestions to the RP's plot, or completely restart your old characters if you got stuck not interacting with anyone. I also recommend PMing people about any major plans for your characters, so that you don't get stuck again. It makes things more involved, you know?

Yup. So looking forward everybody. I'll try to be more responsible this time.
Strafe

Postby Diamond Dragon » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:23 pm

How about there is a specific trasure Item that everyone wants to heve?
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Strafe » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:51 pm

I kind of wanted to not have such an all encompassing plot device, but maybe it's a good idea after all. What does everyone else think?
Strafe

Postby Mister » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:38 pm

maybe different plots for the Pirates and Royal navy? i.e. a series of treasure hunts by the warring Pirate factions. the coming war with France for the Royal Navy.

just some ideas

you could even intertwine the plots somehow?

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby Nami » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:05 am

If you give me some time to think Strafe, I can shoot you an idea! ^_^

Name: Shade McKellen
Crew Affiliation and aspiration: British Navy, Captain of the Clearcut, his drive is to wipe the map clean of pirates, no matter how it gets done.
Appearance: He stands at 6'3" with a muscular yet slim build, his hair is the sandy shade of brown and sometimes looks blonde. His skin is almost bronze thanks to all his time in the sun, his eyes sparkle a brilliant emerald green. He wears the usual Navy outfit, but he also wears more pirate looking clothes; baggy shirts, leather boots, black pants, a dark almost sapphire blue coat, a dangling earring with two upper piercing on his right ear.
Personality:Cold, harsh and very murderous, he intends to wipe the map clean of all pirates, no matter who or what. He hates them with a fiery passion and will do anything necessary to kill them, sort've a loose cannon.
Background:When Shade was Fifteen, his whole town was burned to the ground by the pirates and Shade swore revenge, he went to the Navy and proved himself to be just as good if not better than some of the Officers, he had a determination that they couldn't resist so they recruited him. He worked his way up the ranks until he was a Captain at the age of 19, he got the ship and named it Clearcut. The Navy has no idea just how crazy he can get when he is trying to kill pirates, his whole crew loves him though because they have all had bad experiences with pirates. He disguises his ship to look like a pirate ship, it draws pirates in and he has killed many pirates that way, also by sneaking up on them disguised.
Vice: He cannot resist killing any Pirate, or at least torturing them.

-----------------------------
Name: Cecilia
Crew Affiliation and aspiration: Pirate, wants to work join up with Jack Sparrow to find the Fountain of Youth. But she is having a hard time finding him.
Appearance: She is slender but still a woman, she stands at 5'7" she has the darkest black hair in a ponytail, underneath a red and white bandana and her eyes glitter a piercing almost electric green-blue. Her skin is lightly tanned, she wears a long-sleeved white peasant shirt, a black jacket sometimes over that, had six belts around her waist (no one really knows why) black pants and black leather boots she stole from a navy officer.
Personality: Stubborn, cocky and crazy enough to join Jack Sparrow.
Background: Cecilia grew up thinking her father was someone he wasn't, he real father was a pirate and when she was ten she found this out. Her Pirate Father taught her everything she knows now, she resented him and after she got old enough she stole his ship and his crew, she was caught again by the Navy and she was put on trial at the age of fourteen, she escaped through strange means and killed three Navy Officers on her way out. When she turned twenty she started her search for Jack Sparrow wanting to find the treasure that may not exist, she had heard many stories about Jack and she was interested in meeting him and seeing just how much of a pirate he is.
Vice: Treasure, she can't resist it.

----------

Name: Percy Darius
Crew Affiliation and aspiration: Former Royal Navy, however he is sort of in-between things at the moment. (You'll see why)
Appearance: Standing at 5'9" He's not very tall, but he holds himself like a man who knows what he wants, he weighs all muscle and his hair is a stark red (not orange) his eyes glitter like the sharpest golden-brown, he sports whatever clothing he wants, mostly pirate looking garments (easier to wear), he has two dangling earrings, a tattoo on his write as well as many scars.
Personality: Cool, cocky, sort of flamboyant.
Background: Percy was once the son of a great man, however, his father fell into ruin and with it his family, Percy was left with little to nothing and after that he joined the Royal Navy only to leave, (he wasn't discharged, he left) Not an abandonment, he told them. It just wasn't the life for him, now you can find him drinking his hopes away and staring down every bottle of booze like its his life-line. His best friend is Shade McKellen.
Vice: Booze, he loves to drink.
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby acgifford » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:21 am

Heres my charactor.^^ I revised her a bit.

Name:Claira Simons
Crew Affiliation and aspiration: To herself. She believes that world owes her something.
Appearance: She is 5'4", slender, weighs about 112LBs, she has green eyes, messy dirty blonde hair, her face has some what harsh features, wears raggy clothing, and has fair skin.
Personality:She is sassy, flirtacious, doesnt respect authority, she loves to be in control. Deep down she is very lonely and bitter. She covers these feelings up with all of her agressive behavior.
Background: When she was little her parrents were into pirating. Her parrents tended to be a bit on the abusive side. Her family lived on a ship. One day her parrents were caught by the British navy. The two of her parrents were convicted and hung. She was aloud to be free because she to young to understand her actions. She was sent to a boarding school. She couldnt stand all the rules. She was constantly beaten because she was so unruley. Finaly she ran away from the school. She lived as on the streets for many years. When she reached the age of 18 she decided to take up the old family business. She stole a small ship and has been pirating ever since. She believes the world ows her something. The reason being that she didnt have anything most of her life. She hates the British Navy with every fiber of her being.
Vice: She simply can not resist a good looking man. She is as flirtacious as they come.
acgifford

Postby Nami » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:35 am

AC: your character sounds like someone I would love to bounce Percy or Shade off of, or both of them! Shade is a Royal Navy Captain, and Percy's a drop out XDD

I've been thinking of pirate story lines...but honestly nothing is coming up DD: Let me think a little more.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby acgifford » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:17 pm

To Nami: Whatever you wish to do. ^^ If you have any ideas just let me know so we can work something out. I would really like to interact if you want to. Your character Shade sounds terrifying.*shivers* Oh yeah and Percy sounds like kind of sad character.^^ I must complement you on your characters. They are pretty awesome. I really like their backgrounds. Very interesting. ^^b Hats off to you.
acgifford

Postby Nami » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:05 pm

Awesome, I don't have a huge idea yet, it was just a small conversation in my head between Shade and Claira XD Wow, I've never been complimented on my characters before! Thank you very much AC! ^_^
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Strafe » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:13 pm

So... how about we start back up on saturday?

Yeah Nami! You make very interesting characters. It's always fun bouncing off my psychotic murderer characters with yours. And the womanizers. And the crazy doctors. And the spoiled rich girls. And the...

You get the point. lol.

Hm... How about this for a plot? I guess being a pirate RP, its about as cliche as we can make it. Instead of individual historical pirates, how about an actual single fictional super hard to obtain treasure that everyone is after? Might as well. The fun is in the interaction between the characters anyways, so a simple plot should suffice just fine.

Anyone have a name and location for said treasure? At least the name shouldn't be super cliche.
Strafe

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:15 am

How about, a sword that has a blade of pure diamond? And it rests in a very small island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The island was lost long ago. How about THAT?!!?!? :D
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby acgifford » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:00 am

Nami (post: 1418266) wrote:Awesome, I don't have a huge idea yet, it was just a small conversation in my head between Shade and Claira XD Wow, I've never been complimented on my characters before! Thank you very much AC! ^_^

Ah your very welcome.^^ You have never been complemented on your characters? Thats a crime. I think it will be fun to interact. It's always fun to have conflicting characters.^^ The interaction should be interesting. Cant wait until the RP starts.
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Strafe » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:09 am

Hm... going along with the sword, maybe a bit of lore and legend, a sword that has the ability to grant your wish... or else it really wouldn't make much sense to have a sword of pure diamond. I sort of wonder what people would do with that, since treasure on it's own might not appeal to everyone. And especially with all these characters with troubled pasts, they can want the sword to maybe have something, start over again, etc. Even some of the navy can want the sword too. That way people are trying to find the sword for either its massive treasure value and/or it's ability to grant them a miracle.

Meanwhile the rest of the Navy is going to the treasure to attempt to capture and execute the pirates while they are all in one tangible place... Hm alright. How does that sound?
Strafe

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:10 pm

Great!
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Strafe » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:33 pm

Alright everybody, Thread is here:

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?p=1418721#post1418721

You can start from where you left off if you want to, but make sure that if you were caught up in previous engagements, you let the other RPers know. Everyone else can start fresh.
Strafe

Postby Lost Journeyer » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:36 pm

I would like to join this RP if i can ^.^
How many chars can we have?
while ( ! ( succeed = try() ) );

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Isaiah 45:7

You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!

James 2:19

"I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."
Mark 10:15

A feast is made for laughter, and wine makes life merry, but money is the answer for everything.
Ecclesiastes 10:19
Lost Journeyer

Postby Strafe » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:15 pm

Alright, go ahead and fill out a profile. You can have as many characters as you can handle. I recommend no more than 4 though.
Strafe

Postby Lost Journeyer » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:20 pm

Ok, cool
I don't like nameless npc's and i'm good at multi-tasking but i'll try not to go crazy with the number of chars.
while ( ! ( succeed = try() ) );

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Isaiah 45:7

You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!

James 2:19

"I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."
Mark 10:15

A feast is made for laughter, and wine makes life merry, but money is the answer for everything.
Ecclesiastes 10:19
Lost Journeyer

Postby Mister » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:43 pm

Name: Bruce McFarley
Crew Affiliation and aspiration: First Mate under Commodore Bane aboard the Moon Maiden.
Appearance: 5'10" tall, thick rusty red hair mingled with gray, deeply tanned, green eyes, husky, around 190-210Lbs. wears the traditional garb for a Navy First Mate, similar to Comm. Bane's apparel. has a Tattoo on his left and right side of his chest, the right reads "Stand" the left reads, "Fast".
Personality: enjoys dry humor, is stubborn in a polite way. subtly pushy when it comes to what's right. calm, skeptical, takes everything in stride. unshakable.
Background: McFarley was born in Ireland, on the coast. his home was raided dozens of times by pirates as he grew up. once of age he enlisted in the Royal Navy, it was here some twenty years later that he met the young Florance Bane during a battle at sea. both their ships were commissioned to overtake a french galleon which was wrecking their forces. Bruce saved young Florance's life, and together they fought till the ship was taken. years alter they met again, only now Bane was a Captain and Bruce was to be his first mate. Bruce grew to respect and even like Florance, and insisted on calling him by his first name when in private.
Vice: whiskey, war, women.

Mister

Postby Nami » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:08 am

Strafe (post: 1418381) wrote:So... how about we start back up on saturday?

Yeah Nami! You make very interesting characters. It's always fun bouncing off my psychotic murderer characters with yours. And the womanizers. And the crazy doctors. And the spoiled rich girls. And the...

You get the point. lol.

Hm... How about this for a plot? I guess being a pirate RP, its about as cliche as we can make it. Instead of individual historical pirates, how about an actual single fictional super hard to obtain treasure that everyone is after? Might as well. The fun is in the interaction between the characters anyways, so a simple plot should suffice just fine.

Anyone have a name and location for said treasure? At least the name shouldn't be super cliche.

Thank you Strafe! I have fun bouncing my characters off all yours too! :3

acgifford (post: 1418470) wrote:Ah your very welcome.^^ You have never been complemented on your characters? Thats a crime. I think it will be fun to interact. It's always fun to have conflicting characters.^^ The interaction should be interesting. Cant wait until the RP starts.

Heheh! Not a punishable one though. I think so too! Ilove conflicting characters, its makes everything so enjoyable! :3 YAY!
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Lil_Ninja » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Finally, my characters!
I tweaked them :D

Name: Julius Teach
Crew Affiliation and aspiration: He's a wanderer, on his own side. He tends to work with Pirates more than anything.
Appearance: Julius is very handsome, muscular and stands at 6'1". He is tanned, has deep brown eyes, short black curly hair, a chiseled jaw, a long scar across his eye and cheekbone and he sports a mustache and goatee.
He wears a long black pirate coat, a white half-way unbuttoned shirt, brown pants, brown boots, and he carries an array of weapons including (but not limited to) a pistol, dagger and sword.
Personality: He's very mysterious and has a dry sense of humor. He carries himself like a captain at all times, and often acts like it too, taking authority when it's not his place. It seems like he has eyes in the back of his head. All of the knowledge he has is eery. He has incredible reflexes, fighting skills and he is a natural at anything he tries.
Background: His father was the infamous Blackbeard, so naturally he fell into the groove of Piracy. He was the Captain of the Pirate ship "Queen Anne's Revenge II" for ten years until they mysteriously vanished, leaving him as the only "survivor" of his ship.
Some think he shipped his crew off to be sold as slaves for his own gain. Others think that the Royal Navy attacked his ship and killed his whole crew, and in a fit of revenge, Julius slaughtered the whole group. The stories are endless, but he has never to this day revealed what truly happened to his ship and crew.
Vice: Precious jewels, and stealing nice ships.

~~

Name: Trillium Swift
Crew Affiliation and aspiration: She's a full blooded Pirate. She travels with Julius for the adventure and danger of it all. Nothing thrills her more than to cross blades with the British Royal Navy.
Appearance: Trillium is 5'5", very fit, and slightly on the muscular side for a girl. She has long brown hair with spiral curls throughout it, brown eyes, light skin and an innocent complexion.
She wears a white long sleeve blouse with a maroon buttoned collar vest on the top, black pants, brown boots and she has four small silver loops at the top of both of her ears, and two big silver loops in her earlobes. She's always sporting a brown pirate hat with a large maroon feather in it, and she carries with her a pistol and two swords.
Personality: She is very adventurous, daring and laughs in the face of danger. She is extremely skilled with a sword, and loves showing off.
Background: She's been sailing ever since she could remember. In fact, she was born on a ship and has never wanted to leave the seas ever since. She became a pirate, following her father's footsteps (who has been rumored to be Captain Hector Barbossa himself, and Trillium has never said otherwise) and has sailed many pirate ships of her own. She doesn't own a ship at the moment though, because of a harebrained scheme of hers that involved going up against the whole Royal Navy and resulted in her former ship resting in pieces at the bottom of the ocean.
Vice: Whenever she sees a member of the Royal Navy, she has the overwhelming urge to fight, poke fun at, and/or humiliate him/her. It has gotten her into quite a lot of trouble, as you can imagine. She also has a fancy for swords and hats with big feathers, and can't resist the urge to show off her skills with a blade.

~~

And last but not least...

Name: (The one.. The only..) Capt'n Jack Sparrow
Crew Affiliation and aspiration: He is the captain of the fastest ship in the whole ocean; The Black Pearl. He's on a quest to find the Fountain of Youth, but has taken up a side quest on the way.
Appearance: Image
Personality: He is the most bizarre person you will ever meet. He always acts (and smells) like he's drunk, and he has the most peculiar logic. He's always up for a good adventure though!
Background: After Jack ended his last adventure, he has been searching relentlessly for the Fountain of Youth. But that doesn't mean he can't have a little fun on the side, right?
Vice: Rum of course! Beautiful women are also his weakness, along with treasure.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Nami » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:38 am

YAAY! I'm so happy for your characters Lil_ninja! Come and join the chaos!
Yours Truly,
Nami

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying