Unwind: Run To Survive

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby Strafe » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:46 am

OOC: Oh. One thing. A quick heads up, just you know, all of the posts before this happened six months before the current storyline. I guess I forgot to mention that... So you couldn't have interacted with them. I'll post the ending to the prologue when I get back home.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby Vega » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:11 pm

-Ashley-

She smiled."Thats funny! My name is Ashley. Nice to meet you!" Ashley reached into her pocket and took out a small woodchip.
"Well......This is from the house I used to live in....before......before all this y'know?" Ashley stood silent for a bit.
"Are you from around here?"
The mind is so complex when your based. 32 levels. Welcome to my world. --Lil B
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Swag like I'm marrow, in my bones. Swag in my bones. Bone Marrow Swag. -- Lil B
Shouts out to Lil B "The Based God".
Vega

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:04 pm

"Yeah, spent most of my life in that Staho." Chelsea sighed. "Until my hacking caught up with me. And puberty stopped making me look 13."
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Strafe » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:14 pm

-?-

"If you're ever in trouble, I can protect you."

---

Sunlight began to pour into the white room from the open window, as a light breeze gently wafted in and nestled against the gossamer curtains that surrounded the bed in the center of the room. Outside, birds chirped happily, singing to each other in harmony.

Jason awoke as a tinge of sunlight brushed against his face. He felt a dull pain throbbing around his head. Slowly, he opened his eyes. A blurry shroud covered his vision, then slowly began to fade. The whitewashed ceiling came into view.

He blinked several times, unsure of what he saw. It did not disappear. He froze. No. He was dead. No. He had died. No. He was killed. No. He was not in the real world. No. He was Dead. Dead. Dead.

He tried to sit up on the bed he was in, but fell back down. He tried again, almost managing to regain balance before falling down again. The last time, he managed to sit up. He found that he was in a hospital bed, and the pain in his head grew stronger. He winced.

He felt light and weak. His body felt different, strange, foreign. It felt like it wasn't his own. He leaned on the bed post, and looked at his hand. It was small, feminine, slender and graceful. It wasn't his. His heartbeat quickened. He looked at his other hand. It wasn't his. He tore the covers off of his legs. They weren't his. Then he looked down to find two mounds protruding from his chest.

He gasped, his voice breaking through for the first time.

High Pitched. A clear feminine voice.

He froze. He knew that voice. He had heard it before. Many times. But couldn't remember who it was. Who was it? Who was it? Who was it?

He slowly stood up from the bed, holding onto the bed post. His Legs trembled at the strain of standing. How long was he asleep? He looked around the room, and a calendar told him, six months. His heartbeat quickened. What had happened to Julia after I tried to kill myself? Where was she?

Then when he turned, he saw her. Julia was in a hospital gown, holding onto a bed post, Struggling to stand. She had become very thin, but was still as beautiful as ever. A wave of relief washed over Jason, and she was all he could see. She was alive. She hadn't been unwound. He had protected her. Tears of joy streamed down his face at his success. Now his family could live happily. No one would die.

He felt more strength gather as he walked toward her, smiling through his tears. She was crying too as she also walked toward him, smiling. He reached out to her, and she reached out to him. Their hands came closer.

But Jason saw that she had changed. She now had a large scar across the top of her forehead, where her hair met the skin, and one of her eyes was green. She said nothing, and only did exactly what he did. When they touched, her fingers felt like cold glass. Then he realized that what he saw wasn't Julia.

It was a mirror.

---

"Jason... Can you protect me?"

---

When Jason awoke, she was now in Julia's room. She looked up at the blank ceiling before she realized who she was. And who she wasn't. She began to convulse violently, screaming for Julia.

Then her parents came in wordlessly. Quickly, her father held her down. She struggled, fighting against him with all of her strength, but she was weak. Her mother inserted a needle into her shoulder, then she fell asleep.

---

---

The instant she awoke, she began shaking and screaming again, and again, her parents came. She fought, and lost again, drifting back into sleep.

---

"Jason... Can you protect me?'

---

Again, she lost. And the next time, she lost. Then after that, she lost. She lost.

---

---

She opened her eyes, and didn't scream. It was dark, and her eyes needed to adjust to the darkness. When she could see, she looked to the canvas that Julia had painted. The one of the clown. The picture was still incomplete with an edge of white space, but Jason could see what it meant now.

Jason was the clown, and Julia was the pair of eyes. It meant that the unwinds would watch those who steal their bodies. But for Jason it meant that Julia would be with him forever. Always watching him.

A haunted smile spread across her face. She wasn't Jason.

She was Julia.

She stared at the canvas for a very long time, before going into Julia's drawer and putting on her nicest clothes. She went into the closet and put on a sun hat to cover her scar. She took the keys off of her desk.

Julia left the house as her parents slept, got in the car and drove off. She didn't know what she would do, but she knew Julia would always be with her.

---

"Yes, Julia. I will protect you."

---

OOC: So... end of prologue... Julia (Jason) Steinbeck is probably the most screwed up character I have ever created, and I'm going to fill out another character form... wow. I'm disturbed by my own character. Strange.
Strafe

Postby Mister » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:58 am

OOC: hey Rock, if anything happens between your character and mine it has to be today, i'll be gone all week to camp.

Cain opened his eyes just as the limo rolled to a stop before his mansion. Cain waited for the driver to open the door and then stepped out. "Thank you Toben," Cain said politely to the driver, "be safe going home, i'll see you in the morning, i'll leave for the airport around nine, i need to visit a friend." Toben nodded and bid Cain good night.

Cain turned and began his ascent up the stairs to his front door.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby Nami » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:16 am

Mister (post: 1411588) wrote:OOC: I'll be gone to church camp next week, so on Sunday i'll have my Char (Cain) go limbo :P a week long trip to Japan! XD so please don't fly to far ahead and leave me in a gutter somewhere lol.

OOC: That's fine. And thanks for changing the character to Human ^_^ I appreciate it.

Guys, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE slow down your posting, if you are posting more than once a day, you reeeeaaally need to slow down now that two of my players are going to be gone for a while. One post a day. I have a job now and I can check this at work so don't worry.

@Firestorm: Yeah, sorry she almost got run over by Alex but Laurence saved her ^_^

@Rock: Usually StaHo kids aren't really excited to mention what they are ^_^

Lil'Ninja wrote:IC: Kleo was taken aback by the man's request. "You want to ride on my motorcycle after I almost ran you over?" She said in an almost humored tone, her voice still shaking a little. She started thinking about it.
I don't even know this guy.. But.. Perhaps his friendship would come in handy later? Friends would be nice right about now.. As she looked deep into his colorful eyes, she couldn't see any harmful intent. She decided that she would ditch him if she detected any danger. She was a good judge of character, and she wasn't getting any bad vibes from this guy.
"Well.." She sighed, shrugging. "You don't seem like a creeper, so I guess you could come along." She folded her arms. There was something about him that intrigued her. "Is.. There any place in particular that you're trying to get to?"
She could still feel her emotions raging on the inside, and she knew it was evident on her face and in her voice, though she tried hiding it. But it didn't seem to bother him. Curious.. She thought, looking him over again. He seemed different than anyone she had ever met before. She wondered what it was that made him so unique. Besides his eyes, of course.

~~

Laurence smiled with relief. At least she said she wasn't going to tell. If it was true or not, it still brought relief to hear those words. He helped her up, letting her lean against him for balance. He could tell she had been crying, but he thought it wise not to mention it. "My name is Laurence, by the way." He smiled at her again.

He watched the guy approach them, extending bottled water to them. He took one hesitantly. "Gracias." (thank you) He knew some Spanish, enough to get by. It had come in handy with the gang in various situations.
He wasn't quite understanding his question though. Something about a bus? Was he asking if they were going to it?
"No entiendo." (I don't understand) He paused, looking towards the bus, then at Anjali. "Oh, uh...Yo hablo espanol." (I speak Spanish)

OOC: No problem, Fire! :D And yes, I speak a little Spanish :D

IC: Amara smiled a little, "Yes I do." He could tell something had really shaken her up. It was probably a lot like his situation if he had to guess, his eyes shifted carefully over the scene so that he could see everything. No one was paying any particular attention to them which was good. But he didn't have much time. He nodded, "thanks for thinking I'm not a creeper. He shrugged lightly. "No place in particular, I just need to get...wherever you go, I'll go if thats Ok." his arms hung limpy by his side as he spoke, though he gave off the appearance of being relaxed inside Amara was wired and ready to spring should anything weird happen. He could tell this girl wasn't a threat, and that made him feel safer, if anything she might actually become a good friend. No, never think that the second you trust someone is the second you lose it all. He hardened his will and nodded. "Let's go." He climbed onto the back of her bike and waited for her his hands resting on the bike seat.

-------------------

Against her will, Anjali leaned on the man, she had no other options. It was that or fall over like a brick wall. She winced thinking about how it would hurt, but not nearly as much as when her parents betrayed her. She gripped the man's shirt and squeezed her eyes shut. Tears threatened to stream out and she didn't want to cry, she had to be strong now, otherwise she would crumble. Shakily she let go of the man and looked to the spanish boy, she didn't understand him.

"Er...I'm not getting on a bus." She glanced warily at it, "and if you two are smart you won't either." She brushed her jeans off and pushed her thick black hair behind her ear. "I...I just don't want to be involved with anything that's got to do with the public." She looked from Laurence to Alex. "..." she was afraid to tell them she was an Unwind.

OOC: Ok guys! lovin' your posts, I can't wait to get Devon involved in this, I'll also be playing Connor ^_^ So look forward to that when we get there.
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:08 pm

ooC: She' sighing. She's not excited in the least.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:24 pm

Kleo nodded, pushing her wet hair out of her eyes. "Fine with me." She replied. She had decided that bringing him along might prove to be a good move. They were in a bad neighborhood, and she was defenseless. Having a 6 foot tall guy with her might be intimidating.

"I hope you don't mind, I don't have a spare helmet." She murmured as she pulled her helmet on. She took a deep breath and climbed on to the bike.
"You might want to hold on." She smirked, though she knew he couldn't see it.
In a flash, they were gone. Though this time, she was being more precautious and wasn't going nearly as fast as before. She zigzagged through traffic at an alarming rate, but her reflexes and fast thinking could easily match the speed.

After an hour or two, they had arrived at their first destination, much to Kleo's relief.
She pulled in to a truck stop that was advertised by a large sign that read "Bobby Jo's truck stop" and parked around back. The parking lot was full of bad looking company, and she knew the inside would be the same, though she wasn't worried. She had been here a million times over and never had much trouble as long as she mentioned she knew the owner.
Pulling her helmet off, she turned to talk to Amara. "I know the owner of this place, Bobby Jo. We can get food here." She climbed off the motorcycle, turning to add. "It's safe."

She went to the place where they hid the spare key, and opened the back door, making her way through the kitchen. Immediately, the staff recognized her, calling out greetings as she passed. She merely replied with a nod.
As she arrived at an office looking area, she was engulfed in a hug.
"Hey, sugar! Long time no see!" A slender woman dressed in country style clothes greeted her. This country woman looked totally out of place with a backdrop of thugs all around her, it was as if she was plucked right out of Texas.
"Hello, Bobby Jo." Kleo replied with a smile.
"What brings you to my humble truck stop?" Bobby Jo asked with a thick southern accent.
"Just stopping by for a break with a friend of mine. We're headed north."
"North, huh? Well, why don't you and your friend take a seat, and I'll have the cook rustle up some grub for you two!" She said with a large smile on her face. "Where is this charming friend you speak of anyway?"

OOC: I have an iiddeeaaa.. :D
And yes, her name IS Bobby Jo XD
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Strafe » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:14 pm

-Julia-

She drove for miles into the night through the empty streets, passing towns, highways, and back roads alike. The night was still, and the only sound was the rhythmic rumbling of the engine, humming tiredly. The silence seemed pregnant with anticipation for something, though she wasn't quite sure what it was. It bothered her, as she wasn't used to long silences. Every now and then, she wanted to break the awkward silence and say something to Julia.

So she did.

"You know, they might lower the price on that Les Paul. Maybe down under $100,000."

Julia waited for a response from Julia. None came. She smiled and replied.

"Hah. As if. You'll never afford that in your life."

Julia didn't remember how Julia would have actually responded, but it didn't matter, since she was Julia.

"No. I'll become a Rock Star-Astronaut-Scientist and show you. I'll buy that guitar and play it at every concert in space experiment."

"You're funny, kid, you know that?"

Julia blushed embarrassedly, . "Well... It's not like I don't try."

Julia giggled to herself. Julia was just too cool headed to shake up. She continued to talk to Julia until the sun came up, and bags formed under her eyes. She blinked hard every now and then to keep her eyes open.

She looked at the gas meter. It had waned until the tank was nearly empty.

"Seems like we're out of gas, kiddo. I'm gonna stop by some place to fill up."

"Ok. That's fine." Julia didn't want Julia to think that she was impatient.

She drove forward, looking for a gas station, but found none. She clucked her tongue, annoyed.

"Come on... we're going to stop running soon."

"Oh no, actually, the gas meter reads empty, but there's still about a gallon left in reserve, so with this car, we have about 20 miles left to run."

"Oh really? You're pretty smart."

Julia giggled, pleased at Julia's compliment. They continued looking for a gas station, but still none came. Then the car came to a screeching halt.

Julia cursed, and hit the wheel angrily. Julia looked at her and said nothing, knowing better than to bother her. Julia turned to Julia angrily.

"I thought you said that we had 20 miles left."

"Well... maybe its an old car? A different design?"

Julia huffed. "Well, it can't be helped, can it?"

Julia sulked. "Sorry..."

Julia got out of the car and stretched, looking around. She brightened up. It seemed that luck was on their side. They had stopped right in front of a truck stop. Bobby Jo's was it? She walked in, not even bothering to look at the other people. She looked entirely out of place, a nicely dressed girl, wearing a rather attention grabbing hat, in a crowd of dirty old men. But it seemed she wasn't the only one out of place. A woman dressed in old southern clothing talked happily to a tall boy and an uncharacteristically normal looking girl. They seemed to be about Julia's age.

Julia noticed that the country girl was attractive, and looked at her a bit too long to not be noticed.

Julia smirked. "You like what you see?"

Julia flushed and looked away. "No... I just."

"Whatever Romeo. But don't look too hard. It's not like she's gonna disappear." Julia said, amused. She approached the woman nonchalantly. "Yo. I need gas. My car just broke down outside."

Julia jumped in shock. "No... what if she comes over and and..."

Julia smirked and said nothing, waiting to get the woman's attention.

---

OOC: So... you're probably really confused, and you're thinking, wait... Who's Julia talking to? Well... she's talking to Julia. Or rather, she's talking to herself. It doesn't really matter how you follow the conversation since there's only one person talking. But in essence, Jason is talking to Julia. To your characters, it should be very obvious that something is wrong with Julia,

And she's talking to your country girl, Lil_Ninja.
Strafe

Postby Mister » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:30 pm

OOC: That post was so twisted Strafe.... i laughed so hard. keep up the good work!

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:34 am

ooc: Mister, could you have Cain notice he's being followed?
The bus stopped to let off passengers.
"I guess this is where I get off." Chelsea sighed to Ashley. "I got no money for the fare. What about you?"

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Nami » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:38 am

@Rock: Oh, Ok XD; sorry buddy, my eyes are sore.

@Strafe: Duuude, that is so twisted and awesome! I love it. Amara's gunna be freaked out ahahhah.

I'll Reply to this once Firestorm posts and everyone else gives me something. XD Guess what? I'm at work! XDD
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby firestorm » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:53 pm

OOC: Sorry from the wait nami. Family came down and kinda got me sucked into another game for a bit.
Also, for the sake of it being a bit easier, I'm gonna have alex think in english from now on. as far as the story goes he's still thinking in spanish but just figured no one else hear's him when he's thinking so why translate the thoughts that no one else will respond too. Hope I made sense just now.

Nami (post: 1411950) wrote: Against her will, Anjali leaned on the man, she had no other options. It was that or fall over like a brick wall. She winced thinking about how it would hurt, but not nearly as much as when her parents betrayed her. She gripped the man's shirt and squeezed her eyes shut. Tears threatened to stream out and she didn't want to cry, she had to be strong now, otherwise she would crumble. Shakily she let go of the man and looked to the spanish boy, she didn't understand him.

"Er...I'm not getting on a bus." She glanced warily at it, "and if you two are smart you won't either." She brushed her jeans off and pushed her thick black hair behind her ear. "I...I just don't want to be involved with anything that's got to do with the public." She looked from Laurence to Alex. "..." she was afraid to tell them she was an Unwind.

Alex was releived at the fact that she was on the same page as him and even more so at the fact the bus was actually dropping off instead of picking up. The goosebumps on his neck sub sided.

Lil_Ninja (post: 1411996) wrote:Something about a bus? Was he asking if they were going to it? "No entiendo." (I don't understand) He paused, looking towards the bus, then at Anjali. "Oh, uh...Yo hablo espanol." (I speak Spanish)

Alex turned back to the exhausted ones in the alley with him. The boy can hardly walk and the girl looked even more frail, almost doll like as if she were about to plop over to the trash-strewn floor. He hadn't seen any tattoos, but he knew they had compelling reasons to be running so much.... he's been running all his life, after all. Regardless, he was elated by the revelation of lawrence's bilingual prowess, and proceeded to speak to them without restrain.

¡ Oh gracias padre Dios! Pensé nadie entendería me! Ahora podría ser capaz de explicar por qué estoy tan tarde el jefe y cómo fred está enfermo y tuvo que dejar en el último lugar seguro para descansar. Fred siempre es enfermarse pero yo no entiendo causa que yo nunca obtener enfermo. Mama Carmen dice siempre se ejecuta en mi familia, pero supongo que nunca podré saber ahora. Pero ahora estoy hablando mucho. Se vienen tu dos cansado aspecto que conozco un lugar hacia abajo de este callejón que es posible que pueda descansar su cabeza. Sé que estas ciudades de esta región dentro y fuera. Yo soy un mensajero. Conozco cada rincón y resquicios y ....

(translation:Oh thank goodness! I thought nobody would understand me! Now I might be able to explain to the boss' why I'm so late and how fred is sick and had to stop at the last safe place to rest. Fred is always getting sick I don't understand it cause I never get sick. Mama Carmen always said it runs in my family, but I guess I'll never be able to know now. But Now I'm talking to much. Come you two look tired I know a place down this alley that you might be able to rest your head. I know these cities in this region in and out. I am a courier. I know every nook and cranny and .....)

A tinge of annoyance slightly came across alex's face as he looked on at Anjali's and Lawrence's puzzled looks and realized he had overexaggerated the level of Lawrence's bilingual expertise...yup.. majorly overexaggerated. he sighed and pulled down the collar of his worn-out shirt to reveal a tattoo of a hand being unwound. Being unsure of his decision to show them he continued speaking. Again in his best spanglish he could making hand gestures to match what he is saying as to make sure they understood.

"yo soy un Unwind..uh.. MEi.... I know un place por mimir..uh... ¿cómo decir... umm.. Ah! I know un place for rest, Si for rest. ... Mei shows ju... venga.. vaminos..."

He looked at the poor girl. her face almost 2 shades paler. She looked like she'll knock out any minute. he turned his back facing her putting his hands behind his back. As if to sugest giving her piggy-back ride "Venga.. I carry ju... nosotros.. we walk to safe pleace."

He turned to lawrence. Seems like he's bit more used to this kind of thing, but it isn't Alex's place to judge. Mama Carmen wouldn't approve of that. "Ju walk jes? come... follow.... permanecer en las sombras....uh.. stay eng the.. dark places.. uh Ah! the shadows yes.. stay in the shadows. "
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Nami » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:45 am

Amara let the wind blow through his shoulder length brown-blonde hair and then as they pulled up to the station he felt a strange twinge. He didn't like public places, they brought a whole lot of attention down on people like him, after all he was a street-punk. He didn't speak as he followed Kleo into the place, he didn't even know this girls name, but he hoped she was right about it. As soon as he stepped into the smoke-filled room his eyes adjusted and he took in everyone, none of them seemed hostile, they usually never did.

All his life, Amara had attracted attention thanks to his unusual eyes which was why he wore a hood over his head most of the time. He hadnt' bothered to lift it back into place after the bike-ride and now his eyes were exposed for all to see, if he lifted his hood now, he would look suspicious. Instead he stood or rather, towered over Kleo and looked at Bobby Jo.

"Hey." He greeted when she asked where the "charming" friend was. His rainbow eyes took her in and he felt a twist in his gut, this woman reminded him of his great-aunt the only woman who had ever really been sweet to him. He didn't look away, he didn't want to show weakness. She had also been a responsible adult, she would call his parents and let him know he was OK when he came over to her place. He grew wary and decided to be careful.

"Can I get an ice tea? The largest size you have." He had enough money for whatever they needed, for now anyway. He looked down at Kleo, "its on me." he said.

----------

Anjali blinked, the spanish threw her off and her head already hurt, she put a hand to her temple and rubbed. When she saw his tattoo she gasped, her instincts about Unwinds made her step back and then she realized, she was one...without a tatt. She closed her eyes and breathed, then stepped forward. "I'm sorry... er..." she glanced at Laurence, she wasn't good with Spanish at all. She had flunked out and taken Latin instead, now she wished she had paid more attention.

"Oh, I'm fine, thanks... I can walk." She took a step and felt her knee try to save, her hand instantly shot out to the wall and she sighed. "I just have to get my legs back." She pushed her black hair from her face and looked over at Alex.

"Ok..." she hesitated and looked at Laurence, she didn't know either of these guys. One was hand-cuffed, a thought struck her. "Erm, wait... sir." She said looking at Alex, "do you have... a small thing piece of metal?" she asked, speaking a little slowly so she didn't confuse him.

OOC: OK guys! Post post post! Twice a day is fine! :3 I'm fine with twice a day!! Just try not to leave anyone behind k? ^_^
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby firestorm » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:27 am

Nami (post: 1412808) wrote: Anjali blinked, the spanish threw her off and her head already hurt, she put a hand to her temple and rubbed. When she saw his tattoo she gasped, her instincts about Unwinds made her step back and then she realized, she was one...without a tatt. She closed her eyes and breathed, then stepped forward. "I'm sorry... er..." she glanced at Laurence, she wasn't good with Spanish at all. She had flunked out and taken Latin instead, now she wished she had paid more attention.

"Oh, I'm fine, thanks... I can walk." She took a step and felt her knee try to save, her hand instantly shot out to the wall and she sighed. "I just have to get my legs back." She pushed her black hair from her face and looked over at Alex.

Alex sighed and thought to himself This woman is really independent isn't she. I mean not that it's not cool, but if she keeps going she might strain herself...Whatever gets us out of here I guess.. Alex looks back in the direction of the explosion as an ambulance passes them rushing toward it. We really need to get out of here cause police are going to have a warrant that'll probably reach the next 8 blocks or so and I really don't need the heat on me right now.

This whole scenario reminded him of his own home countries' war against rebel groups and their guerilla warfare tactics. The warfare was so brutal even America's own marines weren't allowed to go to some regions of it's capitol city, Guatemala city, because they might get killed. The orphanage he lived in was located in such a region. It was not like the terrorists had any type of code of conduct either. They never thought it above themselves to threaten assassinate any missionaries that visited the orphanage unless they pay them $10,000 dollars, which is considered alot in that country. But still they had to live and even in the face of danger we must continue to smile and trust in God to provide. If anything that's what Mama Carmen taught them. To smile... and to trust.

A single tear forms in alex's left eye. I wonder if Mama Carmen's still doing ok..and... he quickly sniffed ...I wonder if her son's been returned to her yet? he face crumpled a bit in sadness and anger for just a sliver of a second before quickly wiping the tear from his eye as to make sure the others don't see.

Nami (post: 1412808) wrote:"Ok..." she hesitated and looked at Laurence, she didn't know either of these guys. One was hand-cuffed, a thought struck her. "Erm, wait... sir." She said looking at Alex, "do you have... a small thing piece of metal?" she asked, speaking a little slowly so she didn't confuse him.

he quickly straightened up as the memories faded and he turned to the matter at hand. The girl had asked him for a piece of metal which he assumes is for the one in the stylish bangles. he quickly searched his bag. Notes notes, deodorant, least recent issue of Game informer ever... nope no metal

Perdon, yo no tengo...." he peered at a crumpled box of wire hangers behind them... 17 in all. He smirked at the thought of an idea. He quickly jogged to it stowing most of them in his bag then grabbing the last 2 in each hand. he then turned back to Lawrence.

"Venga aqui." (come here)

straightening the tips of the 2 wire hangers he stuck both inside the keyhole of the cuffs. he stared intently at the cuffs as he twisted and turned the wire hangers about. The cuffs finally slid of lawrence's wrists and Alex stored it his bag just incase he needed it for self-defense later.

In the warzone he lived in he had learned to always be prepared any little thing that might not seem useful at the time, might end up being the thing saving your life and it's that kind of mentality that kept him alive as kid during the day at school, and it was that mentality that got him out of the harvest camp bus right when it was crossing boarder patrol.

He gathered them around to explain to them the situation at hand, and the possible danger they might be in. "Ok..." he continued to speak in his best English...we walk... pero Si usted se cae...." he turned to Anjali hoping she doesn't take this personally "ju fall we carry ju...., alguien tendrá que llevas tu, we need out of here porque tenemos que salir de aquí , whoever cause big boom quien es que causó la explosión got police atencion, llamó la atención de la policía and they ...soon eh... put warrant...next ...uh...12 blocks. y sus probablemente va a emitir un warrant que probablemente llegaría a los próximos 12 cuadras más o menos ... they find mei, I go.... go back...harvest camp... or worse... So we hurry.. find place... to hide to tommorrow night. Si me encuentran me van a enviar de vuelta al campamento de la cosecha o para mal ... por lo que tenemos que apurarnos y encontrar un lugar para esconderse hasta que mañana por la noche... ju understand? tu entiendo?

OOCL:Trying different ways to do the translating tell me with is easiest for you guys :D Also this post will be updated soon with an entree for my other character when i create him hopefully today. Wanna try and put both characters on one post as to save a post and play more later :D
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Lil_Ninja » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:09 am

Bobby Jo wasn't phased in the least by Amara's eyes. She actually liked them in a way. She was used to seeing all sorts of strange folk in a place like this.
She put her hand up to Amara. "Don't be silly! It's on the house." She smiled broadly, placing one hand on Kleo's shoulder, and another on Amara's as she looked into his rainbow eyes. "Any friend of Harley is a friend of mine, and my friends are treated proper here!" She said with a delightful tone, using the nickname she had given Kleo rather than her real name. "Now, you two sit yourselves down at whichever table you fancy, and I'll send someone over in a jiff!"

The country girl turned her attention the the new arrival. She approached in a happy manor, but kept an arm length away. After so many years running this place, she learned to read people very well, and this one was reeking mental case. "Well, howdy!" She smiled at Julia. "I'll get my husband to help you out. Cars is his expertise!" She turned and hollered in the general direction of the kitchen, "Earl, honey! Can you come out here?" She turned back to Julia with a smile. "He should be out in a bit." She assured her.
Sure enough, a big brawny man came walking out of the back room. He looked like a trucker, he even had a beard and a red bandanna tied around his head and his arms were littered with tattoos. His muscled arms were visible because the sleeves of his shirt were ripped off. "Hey sugar! What's the problem?" He asked Bobby Jo in a gravely voice. You could tell he was a smoker.
"This young lady is having some car trouble. Could you be a dear and help her out?"
"Sure thing." Earl said, turning to Julia. "Take me to your car. I'll have it up and running in no time." He had a look of confidence in his face.

OOC: I bet Julia wasn't expecting that ;D

~~

Kleo lead them through the room until they reached her favorite spot, a booth in the corner overlooking the back exit and the front entrance. She liked being aware of her escape routs if anything were to go sour.

The room was similar to a Village inn or a Steak n' Shake, booths along the wall, small square tables throughout the room, a bar to sit at overlooking the kitchen.
The connected building was a typical gas station, where they had isles of different things to buy, whether it be an umbrella, snacks, a drink, or other odd things. All of this was under the name "Bobby Jo's".

Kleo stared at Amara, who was across the table from her, wondering what he was thinking. Before she could ask, a woman came with a large iced tea and a lemonade balanced on a tray. She sat the drinks in front of them. "A large iced tea for you, and a lemonade for you." The woman smiled as she placed two menus on their table and then left.

Kleo opened a straw and dropped it into her lemonade. After two years, they still remember her usual. Her lips tugged at a smile.
She turned her attention to Amara again. "You never told me your name." She said as she sipped her drink, keeping her eyes on his.

~~~
~~~

Laurence got the general idea of what Alex was telling him, though it was hard for him to follow along in the beginning.
When Alex showed his tattoo, he felt his stomach twist. And then he did something unthinkable. He pulled his sleeve up, showing his unwind tattoo. "Yo tambien.." (Me too) His voice had a hint of sorrow in it. He wished things had gone differently.. He wished he had listened to his brother.. Benjamin.. He sighed and tried to focus on Alex's words.
"Gracias, señor. Entiendo." (Thanks, sir. I understand.)
He looked at Anjali. "Perhaps you should let him carry you, eh? You look like you're about to collapse."

Laurence went to Alex. As the lock was being picked, he stared at their new Spanish acquaintance. He must have done this before, because the lock was open in no time. He rubbed his sore wrists and listened intently to Alex, trying to follow along the best he could.
"Entiendo. Venga conmigo, sé a dónde ir." (I understand. Come with me, I know where to go) He told Alex, then turned to Anjali and said, "Let him carry you. If we're running, you'll fall behind and the cops will get you." For some reason, he had the feeling that she was running from the cops too for whatever reason.
Laurence kept his eyes open for any sign of trouble as he started walking down the street as casual as possible. A couple miles from here was an abandoned house that him and the gang would stay in when the cops were on their tail. It should be good for tonight.

OOC: If my Spanish is bad, forgive me. I know very little, and most of it I'm looking up. hahaha!

Also, Fire, I got the drift of what you were saying! :D

~~~~

OOC: Time to introduce the twin brother!

IC: Benjamin's face was wet with tears. Leaving his twin brother was the hardest thing he had ever done. He had tried talking his parents into taking Laurence back, but they wouldn't hear of it. And now Laurence was on his way to destruction..
The though wrenched Benjamin's stomach.
As soon as they had left the jail, his mind was made up. He was going to rescue his brother. No matter what the cost.

"If I would have gone with him, perhaps things would be different?.." He had said, but his parents started scolding him on how he shouldn't get involved with those type of people and how he could have gotten arrested, or worse, killed.
It was then that he started getting angry. "If I would have been arrested too, would you have sent me to be unwound with your other son?" His parents told him not to even suggest a thing like that, but he couldn't help but wonder.

He grabbed a duffel bag that he had packed and his wallet that contained his life savings and headed out the door. His parents wouldn't know he was gone until tonight. He climbed into his burnt orange Chevrolet Camaro convertible (that had been given to him by his wealthy parents the day he got his license) and started the engine.

After thirty minutes of driving he reached the jail. It took him an hour of searching to find out that Laurence, and a dozen other kids, had escaped into the city.
Benjamin felt a weight lifted off of him. Laurence was amazing at hiding! He should be safe now. But the only problem now was.. How was he going to find him?
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Strafe » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:29 pm

OOC: Do you mind if I control Earl, since he isn't really a central character, and is an NPC of sorts? Long post. Skip to the bottom for summary, if you don't want to read another confusing schizophrenic multiple personality hallucinogenic post. Another over dramatic nervous breakdown too, so... you don't have to waste your time. Synopsis at bottom.

-Julia-

She blushed slightly as the girl smiled at her so forwardly. She wasn't used to people being so friendly. Her accent was cute too, she thought. At least until she called out her Husband...

Husband?

She flinched as the man approached from behind. He was huge, rough and probably dangerous. His arm was the size of her head. Julia tried to hide behind something, but Julia stopped her, smirking. Julia was also surprised, maybe just a little disappointed that the young lady was married to such a brutish man. It was a bit too incongruous to pass off as saying that opposites attract. She sighed in defeat, and Julia chuckled at her

Julia nodded at the large man, not fazed in the least. She figured there was nothing to fear if there was no trouble to be had. All she needed was gas, nothing more.

Nothing more. Nothing more? She cocked her head to the side curiously, staring into space in the busy shop. She was interrupted by Julia.

"Hey Julia, the man is waiting for you."

Julia blinked several times, in a daze, then turned to the large man. "Oh right. My bad. Here. My car's out in front. I just need some gas, that's all."

The man looked at her strangely, then slowly replied, "Uh... sure thing, missy." He walked over to one of the sheds and pulling out a tank of gas for them, making sure Julia didn't leave his line of sight. Just in case. He walked to the car, went to the driver's seat and popped the gas door, unscrewed the lid, and poured some of the gas in. Just enough to drive the car to the pump.

"Here. Give me the keys."

Julia froze. Was he going to steal the car? What should she do? She panicked, looking for help. She couldn't very well outrun him. She gulped and began to shake her head and say no.

Julia smirked and handed him the keys. Julia gaped at her. "But... But... What if he?"

Julia rolled her eyes. "Relax. He's just going to drive it to the pump over there. Right?"

---

OOC: In the perspective of Earl, so you know what Julia looks like.

Earl stared at her, becoming a bit wary, but he shook it off, nodding affirmatively, figuring that she was probably too weak to do anything anyways. Yeah. Nothin' to worry about. It wasn't as if some psycho girl could take him out.

The girl sighed. "Well if your car gets stolen, don't blame me."

Earl rolled his eyes and drove it to the gas pump, just like the girl told herself he would before arguing with herself. With herself? Way to make an internal conflict an external conflict. He grinned amusedly at his joke as he inserted the pump into the tank and started it running. Then he turned to the strange girl as the meter ran.

"So... what brings you out to these parts?'

The girl shrugged, she seemed aloof, apathetic, tired. "We're just drivin' I guess. Don't know where."

Earl smirked as she said 'we're'. There was only one person. Funny girl this was.

The girl's face twitched before she started again, in a slightly different voice, and completely different expression, addressing the air. A bit eager, forward, bright. "Well you know where we're going, right Julia?"

Her face twitched, changing again. The impassive girl addressed the air. "Nope."

Twitch. A look of shocked surprise. She threw down her hands in injustice. "Then where are we going? You mean we're stuck in the middle of no where?"

Twitch. A tired smirk. "Yup."

Twitch. She huffed, throwing her hands in the air. "Ugh. That's fine I guess."

This was getting to be a bit too weird, and Earl decided not to say anything more. The gas pump stopped, so now he could wash his hands of this strange girl. He walked over to the register and typed in some numbers. "That's $42.73."

Then he saw a few loose screws on her tires. "Hold on, let me get those for you real quick." He took a wrench from his belt and knelt in front of the tire, getting to work.

---

OOC: Cue nervous homicidal breakdown #3... Its getting old now...

Julia nodded vaguely and reached into her back pocket, taking out her wallet. It was empty. She huffed in frustration, looking around incredulously. Just her luck, she began to fold it back up and put it away, thinking what to do next, but something caught her eye. A piece of paper folded up into the wallet. No. A picture.

She pulled it out. It was a picture of a young girl, and a younger boy. She recognized the girl as herself instantly, but couldn't remember who the boy was. He seemed extremely familiar, like she had known him all her life, but couldn't remember his name.

Ja... John? Jeremy? Jacob? Ja... Jack? James? Ja...

It drew a blank. Then she noticed that tears were streaming down her face, but she wasn't crying. And she wondered where she had come from. What had she been doing the day before? The first thing she remembered was that she was driving? No... the first thing she remembered was...

The clown.

She jumped forward in shock as the clown laughed at her. No. It wasn't a clown. It was her own face... but why? It had no body. But why? The laughing grew louder, and she began to sweat... Again? Was she sweating again? When had she sweat before?

She was afraid, she was shivering on the ground, clutching her head, crying for no reason. The face grew larger. Expressionless, dead, cold. It was pale, drained of blood. She had seen it before, but when? The sound of a boy's laughter. She knew that voice.

It was his own.

The picture came alive, and the world around it began to haze, fading to black. Out of the picture, the boy came out and stood before her. He was small shriveled, cold. He shivered in the black space of the world. In a small voice he whispered.

"Julia... Why did you kill me?"

Then from the same picture, the girl came alive, quietly.

"Ja... why did you kill me?'

Julia looked at them. Unable to scream. Their eyes were dead, black, and the blackness flowed down their face like tears of blood. A black river.

Then they both fell over and died instantly. Julia cried out for them in the black world, struggling to break free, desperately clawing out of herself to help them, but she could not move. Helplessly, she watched as their bodies fell to pieces. Ravens appeared, and consumed the children's flesh until there was nothing left. Not even bones to prove that they were ever there.

They were never there.

With fearsome cries, the ravens flew to the sky then came back down to earth, fusing into one body. The black body twisted and morphed, until it formed a girl. It was Julia. No. It was a mirror.

One blue eye. One Green eye. One large scar across the forehead. Five words.

"Can you protect me?"

"Jason?"

---

Earl turned around as the girl fell to the ground. He got up, walking over to her slightly worried. "Hey you ok?" No response. He nudged her, and shrugged. He would go get Bobby Jo after he finished the tire. (OOC: lol. Nice guy.) He knelt back down... only two more screws to go, then the girl would be on her way. Probably.

He screwed one in, then got on to the next. A shadow blocked the light. It was the girl.

"Almost done, then you can be off on your way. And don't worry about the tires. That's on me, got it?"

No response.

He looked up at the girl, with a confident smile. But he froze.

She was smiling. Brilliantly. As if she had just gotten married. But something was wrong. Her eyes were dead, glazed over. The dead face smiled down at him, no, through him. She wasn't looking at him, or anything. She was dead.

He looked up further. Above her head, she raised up a large hammer.

Without a word, the hammer began to fall, speeding toward his temple.

---

Summary: Earl gets slightly weirded out by Jason's schizophrenic musings, and role playing in Julia's body as he fills their car with gas, but nothing really weird happens. When he, in Julia's persona, tries to pay for the gas, he finds a picture of them as children. He realizes that he cannot remember anything from before when he saw the clown, as he had hidden all of his memories deep in his mind so he could remain sane. He does not recognize himself, and only recognizes Julia, which he sees as himself. This triggers another nervous breakdown, where he hallucinates, watching the child Julia and the nameless boy die. Their bodies get eaten by crows. The crows form into herself as she is then, and she loses consciousness in fear. Then her lifeless body moves of it's own accord, becoming the face of a clown. She grabs a hammer and is about to kill Earl for no reason.

OOC: So at this point, you need to decide what to do with Earl, since he is either going to die or fight back... I can't kill your character, but since he's not important, it probably doesn't take away much if he dies, plus it could add some... excitement to the situation. No?
Strafe

Postby Lil_Ninja » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:39 pm

OOC: Strafe, that actually gives me a good idea! Good job! I'm going to wait until Nami replies though to activate my plan :D
I like how you played out Earl with Julia though! Also, good job with taking initiative with the character :D
Yeah, Earl and Bobby Jo are just for the scene in the truck stop, so I don't care too much about them. Though Bobby Jo does serve a little purpose, it's not too grand.
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:22 am

Chelsea got off the bus and bit her lip, trying not to cry. She only had enough money left for one day's worth of food, two if she skipped a meal. She wasn't sure how she was going to survive.
OOC: Could someone meet up with Chelsea? Vega's on too seldom to rely on.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby firestorm » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:43 am

OOC: You could come with us I guess. XD or you could say you got off the bus at the gas station and have a battle of crazies with Julia XD

Postby Nami » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:55 am

OOC: I just lost my whole post! CRAP! I gotta re-type it all.

Rock, I strongly suggest that you create another character, so when Vega comes back, Vega will be able to RP. Chelsea can idle for a while and that's Ok. You can just get Vega to move on with your character if you want. But for now I'd say make another Character so you can still keep with us. ^_^

Strafe, I LOVED IT! I was so enraptured while I read it!!

IC: Amara noted the strange girl who stood by the counter and who left with Earl, he thanked Bobby Jo and followed Harely if that was even her real name, to the table and sat down across from her. He thanked the waitress when she set his drink down and he took a sip, not bothering with a straw.

His eyes jerked up when she addressed him, he hesitated. Telling her his name could be fatal, after all he was pretty sure he was on every wanted list in the Country. Assaulting a police officer is not taken lightly, and neither is letting a whole bus of Unwinds go. He had done the right thing in the past, like trying to protect the old man and for what? He got arrested, his parents hated him, he was tattooed and if anyone saw it they would probably try to kill him on the spot. He had only done what he did to save someone, but had he really done the right thing shooting Rex and the others? His shoulders hunched as he thought about it all.

Suddenly, he stopped his thought process, it was too much. He looked her directly in the eye and said; "I'm Amara and you? Is Harley your real name?" As he spoke his eyes shifted to the window where he looked out and saw Earl helping the strange girl, when she suddenly fell to the ground his eyes narrowed and then she stood up. He blinked, she was holding a hammer and she was going to kill Earl. Amara lept from his seat swearing and ran for the front door, he had to do something, this could get bad.

------------------

Anjali sighed exasperated with the two guys who seemed to think she was too weak to run on her own. She felt fire build up inside of her as anger rushed through her limbs giving her adrenaline. "What you think I can't run from the cops because I'm a girl?" she asked, crossing her arms and narrowing her eyes. "I can do it, I don't need any help walking." She looked at Alex.

"I get what you are saying, but I think it would be more suspicious if you carried me. Don't you?" She quirked an eyebrow. Anjali eyed Laurence's tattoo and bit her lip, they were both unwinds, she wondered when would be a good time to tell them she was too. "Thanks, but I won't fall." she smiled and started after Laurence, her eyes scanned the area. She wasn't used to this street-wise business but she would know if anyone snuck up on her.

---------------

12:00 p.m. New York.

A smoky room is what Beth woke up too, her eyes were blurry and her body heavy, she knew immediately that she was drugged. She tried to lift her head but it only lolled around on her neck and she groaned. Her arms hurt, her legs ached and her mouth was duck-taped shut. Panic would have taken her over if her brain wasn't going as slow as a snail. For a long time Beth sat alone staring into the gloom and then what seemed like hours later but was probably only minutes, someone emerged.

He stood tall, a good 6'3" if she was any judge of height, which in this state she probably wasn't. He didn't get close enough for her to make out his features, but he looked muscular and very, very dangerous. A shudder ran through Beth's body. She couldn't speak, and even if she could, she was sure it wouldn't make sense.

He circled her slowly and deliberately, and then his voice, smooth as dark chocolate came from his shadowy figure. "Now, Bethany, isn't it?" he kept walking. "I want you to do something for us."

Beth blinked furiously, trying to see. "Tomorrow night, we plan on bombing an Unwind factory. Why am I telling you this? Well its because I know you are an Pro-unwind." he paused and sighed, "sick...you are quite sick. In the mind and heart." he stood in front of her now, but she still couldn't make out his features.

"I want you, to go home. Sleep and when you got to work tomorrow, you will not tell anyone about this."

That didn't make any sense to Beth, why in the world had they kidnapped her if they didn't want her for anything. She tried to speak this time but the duct-tape stopped her. A hand reached out of the gloom and carefully peeled it off.

"What...do you want...?" she said, her tongue was like cotton in her mouth and she was sure they didn't understand her until the man spoke.

"I want this to stop! I want the government to realize their foolish mistake and to stop all of this. What they are doing is practically man-slaughter." his words were slow and deliberate. "And...we know what you did to your sister."

A cold chill shot down Beth's spine and her face turned paper white, "what?" she whispered.

"Oh yes, we know about Jill. You're 13 year-old sister who...only wanted her older sister. But instead of being there for her, you put your mistakes on her so that you could live." The man or teen whatever he was stepped closer. "Cruel, cruel, cruel. Normal people think they've got it easy." he bent down and now Beth could make out his eyes, cold sharp green that held no mercy.

"Why don't you tell her your sorry?"

"She...she's...already..." Beth stuttered as the man shook his head. "No, she's not." He wiggled a finger in the shadows. "Say hello Jill."

To Beth's horror, her younger sister, now 16, stepped from the shadows and stared her down. "Hello Beth." She didn't look anything like the young girl who went around in pink and danced ballet, instead she wore ripped jeans, a tight-fitting tee shirt and shoes that looked like someone had run over them. Her usually mess free hair was tangled into a ponytail that hung to her mid-back. This girl was a hardened person now and Beth knew, that Jill, her little sister, no longer existed in that body.

"So, this was about revenge?" Beth said. Jill snorted.

"Beth..." the man said, "this is about you. You see, we hate you. Because at every Pro-unwind meeting or greet or whatever event, you have been there, supporting it in the background. I saw you. Everywhere."

Tears started to stream down Beth's face, this man was a lunatic.

"Now, go home and sleep knowing that at least 100 humans who aren't unwinds will be sacrificed. And it'll be in your name. I swear it." He stepped back and Beth choked on a sob.

"Take her away."
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Vega » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:06 am

OOC: Oh, im sorry I havent been around.Just been busy with school work but Im back and im not sure whats going on right now so can someone tell me how I can jump back into this. Sorry ^^;;
The mind is so complex when your based. 32 levels. Welcome to my world. --Lil B
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Swag like I'm marrow, in my bones. Swag in my bones. Bone Marrow Swag. -- Lil B
Shouts out to Lil B "The Based God".
Vega

Postby firestorm » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:13 pm

OOC: I'm going Edit Alex's profile abit afterward to make up for the physical changes. Also I forgot somethings about his physical appearance. XD He might have been strong enough to carry her, but I'm sure anjali would have doubted it knowing his stature.

Lil_Ninja (post: 1412843) wrote:Laurence got the general idea of what Alex was telling him, though it was hard for him to follow along in the beginning.
When Alex showed his tattoo, he felt his stomach twist. And then he did something unthinkable. He pulled his sleeve up, showing his unwind tattoo. "Yo tambien.." (Me too) His voice had a hint of sorrow in it. He wished things had gone differently.. He wished he had listened to his brother.. Benjamin.. He sighed and tried to focus on Alex's words.
"Gracias, señor. Entiendo." (Thanks, sir. I understand.)
He looked at Anjali. "Perhaps you should let him carry you, eh? You look like you're about to collapse."

Laurence went to Alex. As the lock was being picked, he stared at their new Spanish acquaintance. He must have done this before, because the lock was open in no time. He rubbed his sore wrists and listened intently to Alex, trying to follow along the best he could.
"Entiendo. Venga conmigo, sé a dónde ir." (I understand. Come with me, I know where to go) He told Alex, then turned to Anjali and said, "Let him carry you. If we're running, you'll fall behind and the cops will get you." For some reason, he had the feeling that she was running from the cops too for whatever reason.
Laurence kept his eyes open for any sign of trouble as he started walking down the street as casual as possible. A couple miles from here was an abandoned house that him and the gang would stay in when the cops were on their tail. It should be good for tonight.

Alex was relieved to find a kindred spirit though he wished it not under such strenuous and confusing circumstances. Something about Laurence had reminded him of himself... He was pretty sure that from the look of it, Laurence had more than a fair share of trouble in life. With his knowledge of the city and that hint of sorrow in his eyes, alex estimated that, like him, Laurence ran to survive... From what he didn't know, but he wasn't about to count his chickens before they hatch.

He caught up to them and followed them. While Alex was a bit annoyed that his asking them to follow him got lost in translation, he decided to follow Laurence to see if he can discover a new route the next time he cuts through on his way to making his next delivery. His 15 minutes were already up so whether or not he's late didn't matter. it's by how much time he's late, but he at least wanted to be sure these 2 were on their way to safety. If not then he'll have them accompany him to the safe haven. Alex was sure Laurence's understanding of spanish would be of some use to him there when he confronts one of his bosses, but for now, Alex saw his job of ferrying these two to safety more important than what was in his messenger bag... Even if it is time sensitive...

Well at least he could relax for tonight..

Nami (post: 1413023) wrote:
She felt fire build up inside of her as anger rushed through her limbs giving her adrenaline. "What you think I can't run from the cops because I'm a girl?" she asked, crossing her arms and narrowing her eyes. "I can do it, I don't need any help walking." She looked at Alex.

"I get what you are saying, but I think it would be more suspicious if you carried me. Don't you?" She quirked an eyebrow.

Nami's strong words plucked a heartsting and played a slightly hurting tune in Alex's heart. His eyebrows furrowed a bit and he slowed down slightly as to let them go ahead... He always kept to himself when he was sad. The storm seemed to have passed so He stared up at the night sky in a disconcerted, hurt, thoughtful gaze. His grey eyes seemed even more cloudy at the moment as His goldenbrown skin and dark brown hair became a shade paler in the moonlight. Alex became quiet in thought. He slide his hands into the recesses of his short's pockets and gripped tightly. His one hidden expression of emotion.

He thought about those words and how many similar situations has happened since he got here.

I just insisted that I carry her because I thought she was gonna faint. I didn't even continue to insist. I told her she can walk... Alex sighed... See alex you extended your heart out...again... and got hurt... again... Maybe you should just stop being nice to people. Suddenly he missed Mama Carmen's orphanage... her wrinkled smile... sharing his broken toys ... and the love that was felt there despite all that went on.. A love he knew came only from God... No, Mama Carmen raised me better than that. Even if being a gentlemen means getting your feelings hurt, I'll respect this young girl's wishes. He even missed his unwind friends and those that helped him adjust.... I guess there are still more things to adjust to.... Maybe.... He quickly looked at the young girl keeping up with Laurence... Then looked back up... Maybe chivalry IS dead... well... at least in America.. but not in my heart..

Knowing she was still young in life he pushed the comment aside. But there was one thing he couldn't shake, which was the possibility that he was too old for his age. At 5'4, he was the shortest of the bunch, but he knew he was definately the oldest... and not just physically. In the span of his life he's seen more than most people see by the time their 40. Love...
loss...
Friendship...
enemies...
Trust.... He thought of everyone in Mama Carmen's orphanage and Fred, his best unwind friend, still getting over his sickness
betrayal and...

Alex pulled his hand to his face, touchin the scars that wrapped around his eyes and nose like a mask... torture he thought.

His eyes opened wide as a flash back filled his head like a day dream...

Alex was strapped to what looks like an operating table with two large burly men holding him down at either side..he's crying...he's bruised..A shillouhette of a man stands just shy of the light straining Alex's eyes. he could tell the man was tall and his voice suggested he was much older, but that's all Alex could tell.

"Where are your associates?" The man asked. Alex was silent. A swift punch to his gut, which resulted in a scream.

The man asked again "Where are your teammates? the ones that assisted you on hijacking that bus crossing the boarder? WHERE. IS. YOUR. TEAM?!?!?!?" Alex stayed quiet. The Man was furious. A jab was given. Blood spurted. But he did not speak.

The man breathed heavily in anger then proceeded to one side of the room. Alex couldn't tell where though, the light was too blinding and the burly men suddenly held down his forehead. The man came into view with something in his hand.

"You know you didn't get everyone that day. Some escaped before you hijacked the bus." The man said collecting his emotions. Alex stared at him scared at what he might say.

"Infact I have one of them right here." the man extending his right hand and in it was a folded piece of what seemed like leather..no..skin.. Definately dried by this time. The man extended his other hand to begin to unfold it.

"Meet Luis."

A..
A Mask...
A mask... of human skin... hispanic human skin..

The man threw it to one of the burly men. Then gave him something.. something shiny..sharp.. and threaded.. " Let him try it on for size... Let him be able to show off his accomplishments."

he stared at the shilouette of the horrible man as he walked out the door. The light from the next room barely luminated his features.. he was bald.. and....

wait... no... he can't be! he...

"AAAHHH!!!!!" Alex cried out.

A sharp pain pierced into Alex's forehead near his temple. He struggled the men held him down and the pain came back. rain trickled from his cloudy eyes, but the pain came again..

"MAAMMMAAA!!!! MMAAMMAAA!!!!" He called out to mama carmen but she was nowhere near.

All of a sudden his view was blocked and he realized what they were doing.. they were sewing.. they were sewing it on him. The Pain came back again and again.

"MAAAAMMMAAA!!!! MAAAAMAAA!! AYUDA ME MAAAMAAA!! AYUDA ME!!!

"PADRE DIOS!!! AYUDA ME PADRE DIOS!!! PADRE DIOS!!! AYUDA ME!!!"

His back reeled in pain arching up. He remember Mama carmen teaching him how God answers prayers according to his will, and, as if to scream through the heavens to seek his help, Alex screamed louder than ever before.

"PADRE DIOS!!! AYUDA ME!!! PADRE DIOS!!!"

Alex shook himself awake from the flashback and in a rush reached his hands back to his face touching it. He felt the warmth of his hands gliding across his his bronzed skin. It was his own face... He breathed a breathe of relief and wiped the tears from his eyes, then looked up at the 2 in front of him, still walking and scanning the area. He kept an eye on them and watched out for their surroundings for a while as they walked, wishing he could be home soon.

Postby Strafe » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:40 pm

OOC: Did I start a trend of disturbing flashbacks and moments of insanity? That part about the face was really disturbing, Firestorm. Good job. I would begin to question the mental health of about every character in this RP. They aren't very... happy people. Seriously.

-Saving Spot for Justine's Intro-
Strafe

Postby firestorm » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:53 pm

Strafe (post: 1413128) wrote:OOC: Did I start a trend of disturbing flashbacks and moments of insanity? That part about the face was really disturbing, Firestorm. Good job. I would begin to question the mental health of about every character in this RP. They aren't very... happy people. Seriously.

-Saving Spot for Justine's Intro-

OOC: Thanks! Well I don't know about moments of insanity but he does have his fare share of disturbing flashbacks. he's went through alot. that whole time might be visited later and explained on if the situation calls for it later. don't want to spoil anything. But I will say he is sane. That he definately is. XD

By the way did everyone understand what Alex said when he said ayuda me? or do I need to translate that one? just wondering.

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:16 pm

OOC: Shoot dang! I'm leaving on a trip for a week in a couple of hours! I'll try to sneak a post in though if I can! If not, see you monday! :D
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Mister » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:40 pm

Cain paused at the door to his Mansion, he'd noticed a single vehicle keeping good pace with them from a distance. He turned to the gate of his estate, there was the faint outline of a car int he shadows beyond. so, he had been followed, but by who?

Cain opened the door and left it that way, then pressed a button which opened the gate. Cain proceeded to walk into his personal study, just to the left of the front door. he hit the intercom switch and spoke with a slightly exhausted tone, "Mattie, we have a visitor, please show our guest to the Dinning Room, I'll join you there shortly." he flicked the switch again and closed the door to his study.

(OCC: that's you Rock!!)

Cain sat at his desk, facing the door, not giving much thought to the man, or men, who had followed him. his mind was elsewhere, filled with thoughts of the present and future. A small sense of guilt swept over Cain's heart, his buying into stocks used in the Unwinding process had earned him a massive amount of money.

Through this venture, he had supplied seven complexes, but he had also opened the doors to over two dozen bureaucrats who were secretly embezzling millions from the unwinding process. he would make them pay for their crimes, and make sure they lived to face the shame and reproach they deserved, some of them anyway. Cain hung his head and asked those souls being tormented in the Complexes he'd supplied to forgive him.

He couldn't save everyone, but his own shame at that moment fueled his resolve to save all that he could, no matter the cost. Cain stood and slipped a glock 18 into the back of his pants, making sure that his coat covered it. the guest should almost be at the house, and he'd give him the proper welcome depending.

Mister

Postby rocklobster » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:46 am

"Cain, Is It? My name is Deacon Joseph. You didn't answer when I called you. I'm here to help you help unwinds." He sat down. "I'm sure you know what a tithe is. My daughter was one. Our Bibles have been rewritten so that we foolishly believe that we are doing the right thing by raising our sons and daughters as tithes. But all I did was just give a new name to an old crime that uncivilized people performed--human sacrifice. I have come to work for you so that I can atone." He handed him a picture of his daughter. "I cannot forgive myself for this sin."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mister » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:34 am

Cain sat down across from the man, he heard the short speech Deacon Joseph made about atonement and his daughter's case. he stared blankly at the man, he took the picture offered him and looked at it. the girl in the picture, though young, was not the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen but had a look of other beauties.

Cain handed the picture back and looked Joseph in the eyes. "Are you mad, or just a fool?" Cain spoke slowly and deliberately,"you followed me to my home, you enter my house, and now you accuse me of jeopardizing my company by idiotically opposing a legal and government funded project!? i should have you arrested for such accusations!"

Cain paused, waiting to see the man's answer. he caught the tell tale sign of Echo Team as a tiny red dot inched up Joseph's chest and paused on his neck. Cain twitched his left hand and the dot vanished. although, the sights of the weapon never did.

Mister

Postby rocklobster » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:34 pm

"I suppose I am a fool." Joseph sighed. "I had faith in a God who allowed his writings to be altered to fit some government whim. Now I'm not sure if I'm even fit to be a deacon anymore." He paused. He had rehearsed this for quite some time and wanted to make every word count. "For the record, I came alone. I am not here to expose you. I am truly here to help."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying