Unwind: Run To Survive

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby rocklobster » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:11 pm

Chelsea immediately took out her suitcase and began putting back all the clothes she'd not worn yet. "Robert, I have to ask, why are you sticking your neck out for me? Did you meet an unwind in the past?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Nami » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:14 am

OOC: Announcement! The Tenth page is here!! After Christmas Break, I'll make a post that will effect ALL characters!! Now that we are moving along smoothly. I hope to get all my RPer's back so we can continue on. I requested long-term commitment when you joined, so please stick true ^^ But let me know if you are having trouble keeping up.

This RP is temporarily on shut-down so that we can pass through Christmas without worry, the same will happen for New Year's. But I really will be posting a HUGE post on Monday the day after Christmas Weekend, so look forward to that. It'll have an enormous impact on the RP. If you have any questions or comments, please PM me, do not post here. ^_^ Have a very Merry Christmas and may God Bless you and keep you safe from Juvey-cops!
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby acgifford » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:32 am

Nami (post: 1443701) wrote:------------

Jill glanced back at Jake, one of her brown eyebrows quirked and a smirk lit her features, "should I know?" she asked, "I mean, I've done lots of things you could thank me for.. like, giving you shelter, getting you safe... making sure you get a room and food." she shrugged, "I'm not even sure which you should be more grateful for." she stopped at the end of the hallway and turned to face Jake. Her eyes gleaming in the low light.

"What were you doing in that alley?" she asked, her voice low.

-Jake-

Jake's eyes flashed as he looked at Jill. Her words were rather insulting. He wanted very much to lash out with some very nasty words, but bit his tongue instead. He face twitched slightly with the effort of holding his anger back. Then he heard her question and his face softened and he looked down.

"I was-...I was um..resting if you have to know." The left side of his face twitched slightly and he blushed. He didnt much like the feeling of letting her know his moment of weakness. It was rather embarrassing for him.
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby firestorm » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:09 am

OOC: I apologize for being out so long. Family time. I don't know if I should continue with the same character or create a new one XD. just tell me where everyone is and I'll try to catch up.
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Nami » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:57 am

OOC: Fire~ that's Fine, I can send you a pm that can catch you up, but this RP won't be resuming until After NEW YEARS! XD Because, I am lazy like that. Stuff has taken over my life so I've been trying hard to juggle all of this. ^_^ No worries though. I will write up a post at home (hopefully) and edit it over the weekend so its fairly perfect.

If you all have any questions, or feel like you need a break from this RP do NOT be afraid to Pm me and tell me O.k.? I will work your characters in and keep them alive. ^_^

I hope your Christmas was great!! Have a happy new year!
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Nami » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:02 am

OOC: Ok guys. The next chapter is opening. Prepare yourselves.

IC: At the dawn of a new day, the dry and crusty wind rolled over the world like a shower of grit in the desert. The earth seemed to shudder, as if it could sense that somewhere, someone was making a plan that would shift the very fabric of many young peoples lives, before they could even come close to having peace. The whining sound of tires over dirt shrieked through the air like a dentists drill and set the soldiers teeth on edge.

Standing as stiff as boards, the soldiers felt fear, for the first time in many years they were afraid. All the nerves in their bodies locked, if they were pushed over they would hardly be able to stand up from the muscle strain. The huge hummer pulled to a stop in front of the line of men. One gulped and the others felt the heat of the Arizona sun beat down on them, but that wasn't what made them sweat.

The sandy-colored hummer matched the terrain so well, that from a helicopter, they wouldn't be able to spot it, if it were holding still. Two armed guards stepped out of the driver and passenger sides of the hum-V and one opened the back door. The inside was dark and cool, the men could almost feel the whisper of ice on their flesh and they longed to sit in that icy vehicle.

"Commander Jenson, is it?" said a smooth voice with a British edge from inside the dark car.

"Yes sir." A tall burly man replied, sweat dripping into his dark brown eyes.

"Please, come inside."

The Commander was a man of many things, he had been in war after war and seen so much blood-shed he had hardened himself against it, he didn't take any crap from his soldiers and he wasn't afraid of anything, not after nearly losing his life in 1970 in the Vietnam War. He'd also survived in the Amazon Jungle with nothing but a case of water and the meat in the woods which included snakes. He was afraid of nothing. But the cold-creeping mist, which could be compared to that of the Underworld, seeped out of the car in an invisible and seemingly endless amount. The cold crept up the Commander's back and tightened around his legs.

And for the first time in since he had been 15, he was afraid, real fear made it hard for him to breathe, and he felt his limbs quake, whatever waited for him in that HUM-V, he knew he would be a changed man after he came out. Slowly, he took a hesitant step and then crossed the remaining length, reaching the sand-colored hummer. He climbed into the darkness and the Guard shut the door. Locking him the cool cabin of darkness and unpleasantry.

"Greetings Commander." Came the cool voice, just across from him. The Commander felt the sweat start to freeze on his neck and he gave an involuntary shiver.

"I don't like being mocked, Sir and I don't appreciate being kept in the dark." Jenson growled, hiding his real fear behind a mask of annoyance.

A chuckle came from the dark, "I'm sorry Commander, I didn't mean to startle you." A hand reached out of the darkness and flicked on the light above them, despite the blazing sun outside, the Commander was momentarily blinded, he blinked rapidly and when his eyes adjusted, what he saw was nothing like what he had expected. A man, younger than him and far less battle beaten, sat across from him with a head full of raven black hair, cropped short in a business like fashion with bangs that hung into his eyes and drifted down to his pale cheeks, he wore a business suit of the deepest sapphire blue and to the Commander's shock, silver eyes pierced his.

"Happy now, Commander?" The young man asked. The fear was replaced by agitation, how dare such a young fellow have such a commanding presence. It almost made him want to slap the boy.

"Quite." The Commander replied, not hiding his annoyance. The younger man, if he heard the annoyance, he didn't register it on his face.

"Good, now Commander...I have a very special job for you." He flicked a piece of invisible fuzz from his pants.

"And what's that?"

"Well, if you were silent long enough for me to tell you..." he paused, waiting, but the Commander said nothing. "Alright then." He smiled slightly and then the smile vanished. "Before I begin, I must explain a few things; in the past ten years, there have been more than five-hundred cases of Unwinds "getting away" and the cops assigned to track them down have not found a single one. Do you know what that means?"

The Commander thought about it, "it means they have a sanctuary?"

The man across from him smiled, "exactly, they do have a sanctuary! You are so smart. But not just "a sanctuary" it is "the Sanctuary." Did you know that?" He raised an eyebrow at Jenson who shrugged.

"I've had my suspicions, but what does this have to do with me? The Military isn't required to hunt down Unwinds, that was Juvey-cops are for." Jenson said, crossing his arms, feeling a little more in command now that he was in a cooler climate.

"Mm, yes that's how it was before." The young man laced his fingers together on his lap, a sign of significant calm. "But, since the recent cases have exploded from the government, and are being carefully held away from the news so we don't scare the citizens of the USA. There have been some troubling questions shooting up such as; Where did the Unwinds go? How did they escape? And why isn't the Military doing something to help? Did you know these questions were circling, Commander?"

Commander Jenson sat stiffly, he had in fact heard of the complaints from Washington, but had failed to act on them, thinking it wasn't his place. "I see where this is going, young-man and let me tell you. I am no turn-coat." he snarled.

"Ha, Commander, what ever made you think that?" The silver eyed man cocked his head, "but I must say, people have been questioning your loyalty. As it were."

"Why would they?"

"Because, recently Commander, an Unwind Camp was blown up, that camp exploded less than 23 hours after you left it. Dropping off, a new Unwind." The man looked up coldly. "Every faculty member died and yet, no unwinds were found."

"Are you suggesting that... that I, I!! Helped those... abominations escape?!" The Commander sputtered.

"No, I am not. The Government is." With a sigh the man shifted, "look, I know it wasn't you, at least I hope it wasn't, because I have a job for you. As I mention earlier, it will get you back into the good-graces of the Government and probably give you a leg-up on that promotion." He winked, "So, are you ready to listen?"

The Commander hesitated, but staring into those silver eyes, he saw the harsh truth. This man wasn't lying. He sighed, giving in.

"I am, but first...what is your name? You never told me."

"Didn't I? How rude of me. Please, my name is Karan Remington. How do you do, Commander."

Almost 30 minute later, after the Commander got into the HUM-V, he climbed out and the soldiers watched him murmur some words and then shut the door. He turned to his soldiers.

"Boys, we have a lot of work to do."

As those words left his mouth, the HUM-V sped off, away from the desert camp and the soldiers who awaited their orders and one Commander, who felt like a pup that had been put into place. Everything was going to change.

--------
Robert sighed heavily as he loaded up his suitcase. "I did once. But, that's not a story I like to tell." he ran a hand through is thick brown hair. "Let's just say, I messed up and I don't want to do that again." he turned to Chelsea, "I want to help you, and make the world right again."

----------

Jill watched the changing expressions on Jake's face and she could see by his twitching jaw-muscle, that he was restraining whatever anger he really felt. She waited patiently and when eh blurted out, half of the truth or maybe it was all a lie, she scoffed. "Jake, whatever your story is, I'm sure I've heard worse." She arched a brow, "but obviously, you don't trust me, because you don't know me." she crossed her arms and leaned against the wall. "Well, its better to trust than to not at all. Believe me, I've been through a lot too and I trust practically everyone here." Two figures walked by and Jill stood silent, then when they were out of ear-shot she looked at Jake.

"Like I said, practically everyone."
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:20 pm

ooc: So can I get an opening?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby firestorm » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:05 pm

Nami (post: 1443701) wrote:Anjali's hands shook and it took some considerable effort to make them stop, but when he pressed the gun to his chest, she froze. One wrong move and this guy would die. Fear flashed in her eyes and she knew she had made a mistake when he called her bluff. Anjali cursed in her head, how could she be so foolish? When Laurence intervened she felt relief and frustration.

Anjali hadn't done anything to protect Laurence and yet, here he was once again, saving her neck. She walked with him, keeping her eyes on the gang, knowing that any second they would pounce.

Then, like a call from heaven, a quiet whistle fluttered through the air. Anjali's eyes snapped up to the buildings, searching for some semblance of their saviors. Her eyes roved over the buildings and she spotted something, her eyes had originally passed over crouched on the rooftops were at least, ten dark-clad figures. Anjali's mouth opened in wonder as one lone figure stepped out from behind one of the Wolves members.

"Foolish Wolf, I could kill you now." a low cold voice whispered, "in fact, I could drop you all." he glanced up, "but to attack without you knowing were here is a wolf thing to do." He chuckled and kept his gun on the man.

"Now, you boys better let these two go. Otherwise, you'll all be dead in less than a second." when the alley grew quiet, the man seemed to grow angry.

"NOW!" he snarled.

OOC: I hope Mister doesn't mind me using his guys a little since I haven't seen him in a while. I'll pm him as well. Also, Alex is only a slave to one person, and that is Jesus Christ (as we all are), but as far as on this earth physically, no. In fact he works for the Unwinds, he's a messenger remember, he relays messages between groups of unwinds, which reminds me... one of his messages is now late... DUN DUN DUN XD

Alex walked in from the shadows. He looked passed the strange lone gunman toward one of the shadowy figures.

" Yo soy intiendo un persona vengo aqi por ayuda. Pero no tu."
(I knew someone would come to help out, but not you.)

Alex, then turned to the gang of thugs whose more than crossed the line of comfortability with the closest thing he's had to friends in a while. They were of his descent none the less, people he could have called brothers where he came from. Not even a muscle on his face twitched from the agitation it displayed.

"Amigo ... esos son mis amigos ... y que no están preparados para la lucha que tendrá si haces daño a mis amigos ..."
(Friend... those are my friends... and you are not prepared for the fight you'll have if you hurt my friends...)

alex stared down the Scorpion's leader as his right hand rustled at his pocket.

Dime Amigo .... ¿todavía quieres jugar amigos?
(Tell me Amigo.... do you still want to play friends?)

alex waved two of his fingers and a swarm of thin red beams flew past him, each painting the Scopion gang with red dots across the surface of their skin.

behind him familiar voices were heard. "This is Mac to red Tango, keep around the perimeter, these two are protected until we reach the graveyard."
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Nami » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:42 am

OOC: The wolves are on Laurence's side o.o

@Rock: I did make an opening.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby acgifford » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:17 am

Nami (post: 1448697) wrote:Jill watched the changing expressions on Jake's face and she could see by his twitching jaw-muscle, that he was restraining whatever anger he really felt. She waited patiently and when eh blurted out, half of the truth or maybe it was all a lie, she scoffed. "Jake, whatever your story is, I'm sure I've heard worse." She arched a brow, "but obviously, you don't trust me, because you don't know me." she crossed her arms and leaned against the wall. "Well, its better to trust than to not at all. Believe me, I've been through a lot too and I trust practically everyone here." Two figures walked by and Jill stood silent, then when they were out of ear-shot she looked at Jake.

"Like I said, practically everyone."

-Jake-

Jake's eyes lifted slightly as Jill continued to pick at him. As she preached to him, he smirked slightly at her. He straightened up and became rather hauty.

"Trust...ha...wow. Trust. You trust them huh?" Jake's eyes flashed as he put his nose in the air and smirked. "How do you trust people...Jill? Hmm? so what if you trust people?" he laughed. "I suppose you will be one of the first to die." he paused as if remembering something. "I'm not sure I am even going to stay here. Let alone trust you." He chuckled slightly,folded his arms, and hung his head. As he spoke he shook it slowly in frustration and sadness. "Dont think becase you supposedly rescued me that I owe you anything." He turned from her and starred at the wall.
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Nami » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:30 am

OOC: I want Ninja to post, but I'll give a short shout with Anjali. ^_^

WOOPS! I MEANT SCORPIANS!! D: GAH!! I'm so stupid! D: please forgive me Fire!! D: Your GM messed up!! T_T

IC: Anjali turned her head and saw Alex, her eyes widened. "Alex!" She exclaimed, thankful to see him alive. She resisted the urge to run over and hug him, after all, that was an extremely emotional thing to do and she couldn't be seen as weak in front of all the men.

The Scorpian turned his head and looked at Alex. He chuckled, "Whoa, Laurence, you've got some friends in high-places."

-------

Jill's eyes narrowed as she listened, Jake had transformed before her. She had been able to tell from the moment she had laid eyes on him, that he wasn't someone who could be bossed around. She masked her amusement under a scowl.

"Oh yeah? So you want to run around hating the world and the people in it? Just because some people messed up?" Jill crossed her arms, "I didn't say I trusted "people" i said I trusted the group. This group. My home, my friends." she pushed off the wall and came up to him, standing a little shorter than him, she pointed a finger at him.

"If you don't learn to trust people, someday your gunna be nothing but a ball of hate, filled with a need for revenge." She snorted, "and you're right, you don't owe me anything. I picked you up because I didn't want to leave someone lying alone in an alley!" Suddenly real anger took-a-hold of her and she clenched her fists. "I'm sorry if this place isn't good enough for you." She glared up at him. "But its been pretty darn nice for me, I don't know what you've been through, Jake. But you could try to be a little sympathetic toward everyone here. And stop acting like you are the only one in pain, the world doesn't revolve around you." Jill was seething now, trying hard to control her emotions. She hadn't been this angry since she had first come to Devon. That had been four years ago.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby acgifford » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:47 am

Nami (post: 1449311) wrote:-------

Jill's eyes narrowed as she listened, Jake had transformed before her. She had been able to tell from the moment she had laid eyes on him, that he wasn't someone who could be bossed around. She masked her amusement under a scowl.

"Oh yeah? So you want to run around hating the world and the people in it? Just because some people messed up?" Jill crossed her arms, "I didn't say I trusted "people" i said I trusted the group. This group. My home, my friends." she pushed off the wall and came up to him, standing a little shorter than him, she pointed a finger at him.

"If you don't learn to trust people, someday your gunna be nothing but a ball of hate, filled with a need for revenge." She snorted, "and you're right, you don't owe me anything. I picked you up because I didn't want to leave someone lying alone in an alley!" Suddenly real anger took-a-hold of her and she clenched her fists. "I'm sorry if this place isn't good enough for you." She glared up at him. "But its been pretty darn nice for me, I don't know what you've been through, Jake. But you could try to be a little sympathetic toward everyone here. And stop acting like you are the only one in pain, the world doesn't revolve around you." Jill was seething now, trying hard to control her emotions. She hadn't been this angry since she had first come to Devon. That had been four years ago.

-Jake-

Jake tried to ignore her as she preached to him some more. He avoided eye contact. His anger fumed inside him threatening to errupt again. Yet he knew she was right.

Suddenly she became even angrier. Jake was slightly surprised by reaction and stepped back a few steps. His face shifted from malice to surprise. His lips parted slightly. Her words cut him deeply. They cut to the heart. After she finished her outburst he was so stunned he didnt speak. He opened his mouth and shut it a couple times. He looked down at the ground. He knew thatwhat she had said was correct. He looked down at the ground and turned away slightly avoiding eye contact.

"Your right." he said quietly. He closed his eyes and bit his lip. "I understand that you have these people you trust. I'm happy for you. I am." he paused weighing his words. "I dont belong in this place. Sorry to have caused you any trouble." he started back down the hall.
acgifford

Postby Nami » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:04 am

OOC: Last post I can make for today~ >>; sad.

IC: Jill blinked rapidly, that certainly hadn't been the reaction she was expecting. In fact, she had expected him to get angry at her, maybe yell. She was so startled she didn't say anything at first when he started to walk away. She kicked herself inwardly, 'Nice one! You just looove driving people away don't you? You can't keep your big mouth shut.' She ran a frustrated hand through her brown pony-tailed hair.

"Do you even know how to get out?" she called to him. Jill walked up behind him, "Jake, I'm sorry." She hesitated and then grabbed his arm. "I didn't mean to force you into leaving. Why don't you try it out for a few days?" she suggested.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby acgifford » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:15 am

-Jake-

Jake heard Jill try to stop him but tried to ignore her. As he was doing his best not to hear her he felt someone grab his arm. He stopped and turned his head slightly. Oh now she wants me to stay. fine...just say yes. What could happen?

He was silent for a few moments, then he spoke. "Fine....I'll stay. But only for a few days." He was not happy about what he had just said. This girl's words had hurt him badly. He hoped he would not regret staying.
acgifford

Postby Strafe » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:09 pm

OOC: Ooh. That was very very well written Nami. Great post. I really enjoyed the tension between the commander and Karan. And its nice that there are now real tangible villains with a cause, more than just psychotic murderesses. Though... a psychotic Murderess is everyone's villain... <_<

-Justine-

She hesitated, looking to the girl. A man stopped by her office? Who? Dr. Han? What would he have to say? Or was it the director, who was going to confront her about the murder. Whatever it was, it was no good.

"Forget whoever that was. We're leaving. Now."

She slammed the door inward, fumbled for her keys, hurriedly jammed them into the slot, turned them, and set the engine ablaze.

She needed to find Julia. Now.

-Julia-

So yeah. That was pretty much it. They were dead.

Julia walked lazily across the vast expanse of oblivion of her mind, twirling around absentmindedly, haunted with glazed eyes. She was dead, and she was dancing upon the blackness. One little speck of light contained within a sea of darkness, waiting to be consumed. That was pretty much it.

Jason was dead, and he wasn't dancing. He wasn't anywhere in the sea of unconscious emptiness, and had already been consumed apparently. That was pretty much it.

So. What did she do from here? She looked around, expecting some sort of brilliant answer to pop up out of nowhere, and tell her that they could both come back to life somehow. Maybe they were already dead, and this was what came next.

Julia stopped, her dead eyes shifted around, looking for something. There was nothing but blackness and oblivion. She tried looking at her hands, but she had no hands. She didn't even exist anymore. Though she thought, she wasn't real. Nothing was real. Everyone was dead. Everyone died. Everyone was killed. Everyone lost their life. Everyone was dead.

But that was ok. Everything was ok now.

Julia closed her eyes, and drifted off to sleep within her own unconscious dreams.

---

In the real world, the slender female body stirred. Stiffly, the body sat up, and looked around. The body's eyes were cold, dull, and dead. The body had no soul.

The body was in a seat within a sort of compartment, and the compartment was moving rapidly across the black surface of the ground. A boy sat next to her, with his hands on a peculiar wheel. The body turned to look at the boy, and stared at him continuously, unblinking, un changing, silent, and dead.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:05 am

Um, Nami, I need an opening. You forgot about Chelsea!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:34 am

Laurence felt relief flood through his body when he heard the familiar voice of his fellow Scorpion coming to the rescue.
And then seeing Alex of all people! He was surprised by the boldness the man showed.

Alpha was starting to get on edge. Things were going downhill very fast, and he knew there would be no good ending for the Wolves in this story.
He sucked in a sharp breath and let it out through his nostrils. "Alright, Scorpion, have your way. We will let you and your chica go, but if even a hair gets harmed on my men when you escape, it will be your head!" It was all he could really say. Nothing could be done about the two getting away that wouldn't result in a blood bath of his Wolves. It wasn't worth the risk.

"Wise choice." Laurence said as he loosened his grip on the leader. "As soon as we know we're free, I'll let Alpha go!" He announced to the Wolves as he backed away from the gang, still holding on to Alpha. He moved towards his fellow Scorpions that now surfaced, and as soon as he was in their midst, he released Alpha, still training the gun on him.
"We're going to leave now, and if I see anyone following us, I come back to kill. Got it?" Laurence grabbed Anjali's arm with his free hand and gently moved her next to himself.
"Alex, let's go."

They (including the Scorpions) started moving away now, slowly at first, keeping their guns trained on the Wolves, but as soon as they made it around the corner, they took off.
Laurence kept his arm around Anjali's shoulder as they ran to make sure she didn't fall behind.

After they got into Scorpion territory, they slowed.
One of his fellow gang members approached him with a smile. "Laurence! I thought you got thrown in the joint! Did they brand you?"
Laurence hesitated, glancing at Anjali for a moment. He released her shoulder and pulled the sleeve of his shirt up, showing his unwind tattoo. "I escaped."
"Ohh, man! You are one bad dude!" His smile remained as he patted his friend's back.
Laurence didn't reply with anything more than a smirk, which faded immediately.

He turned to Anjali, inspecting her for any sign of injury. "Are you alright?"

~~

Harley looked at Crystal with sympathetic eyes. She pulled her helmet off and reached into the side bag on her bike, pulling out an extra bag of beef jerky and a water canteen half full. She got off the bike and walked over to the girl, crouching next to her at the base of the tree. She handed her the water and food, then pulled her sleeve up, revealing the half done tattoo.
"I was able to escape before they could finish." She told her.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Kunoichi » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:11 am

-Justine-

She hesitated, looking to the girl. A man stopped by her office? Who? Dr. Han? What would he have to say? Or was it the director, who was going to confront her about the murder. Whatever it was, it was no good.

"Forget whoever that was. We're leaving. Now."

She slammed the door inward, fumbled for her keys, hurriedly jammed them into the slot, turned them, and set the engine ablaze.

She needed to find Julia. Now.

Illyana looked at her askance but said nothing. The women was driving like a bat out of hell and she for one really didn't want to distract her. Things had certainly taken a turn from strange to just like a movie, where they were some sort of spies on a secret mission or running from the bad guys.

Then again, she was running from the bad guys and somehow this doctor who took other murdered kids organs was a good guy? Makes for a very weird movie plot.

She thought back to her own situation. She may have to get out of this crazy doctor's schemes if there were schemes or wherever they were going. She had heard about a graveyard place from one of the Unwinds a while back. She could go there provided to could find where the heck it was.

Her mother and father's voice popped in her head just then about not riding with strangers. That was ironic, considering this stranger had showed more kindness, albeit maybe with an agenda, than her own parents.

She remembered that night clearly. She had come home, visibly upset. Her boyfriend of 2 months just broke up with her. Just remembering that nearly made her laugh out loud. Thinking like THAT was the worst of situations?! HAH.

Her mother was truly the one she confided in, but as she entered the house, she saw two men and her parents on the couch talking. It wasn't that unusual, being the famous doctors that they were, to have people come for help, information, desire to do seminars and more.

She saw the badge then and froze. "Mom...Dad? What's going on?" She kept the tremble out of her voice. They did Unwind cases, maybe that was it.

Her mother rose from the couch first, "Well honey it seems there are some complications that we need to discuss. First, I want to tell you that you are and have always been a wonderful daughter." Before her mother even let out the word "but" she knew where this was heading.

"But you are sending me off to be murdered like some piece of livestock?!" She shouted them, anger boiling over in waves.

Her Father rose from the couch then, "Don't talk that way to your mother!"

"My Mother?!" she shrieked, "You guys are selling me off to be killed!"

Her mother came over, trying to place a hand on her shoulder. Illyana backed away, "Don't you touch me you backstabbing murderer!" She tried to keep her tears in check. She was not going to give these jerks the satisfaction of crying.

"So what's the reason huh? One of you dying? Need your daughter to be killed so you can live? Of course it could just be for the money but then that would be ridiculous as you have more money than Bill Gates!" She had thrown her school books to the ground. Uh oh, those men had gotten up now and one hed what looked like a syringe.

She had to stall. "So dear mother and father", she spat the words, " What's the reason for having your daughter murdered?"

"Well you see," her mother was calm now, as if this was a dinner conversation, "The director of the hospital we run is dying and we ran the tests and you happen to be a perfect match. He writes our grants and our paychecks, so you can understand we can't let that happen."

Blood rushed to her ears. Over money? That was the last thing she expected. Those two men had gotten closer. She tried to run but they must be on steroids because they were there before she could move. She felt the sting of the syringe and all went black.

Brought back to the present with a small shudder, she stared out the window. That night playing back over her head a thousand times. She didn't want to think about what had happened next.
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby Strafe » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:53 pm

OOC: Aha! Finally some backstory to Illyana. And its very heart wrenching. Very well written. Looks like everyone is stepping up their game. Maybe I should too... but how exactly do I go about doing that?

-Justine-

Slowly, the monotonous road became a blur of blackness, cooling down her blazing nerves. She had to look at everything objectively and blankly, without too much assumption, or else she could lose everything. So here's how it went:

Her career was hanging by a thread due to the hospital's legal responsibility over its patients. Julia's parents were threatening to sue the hospital, at which point she would be fired after damages were paid. Most likely, the damages would come out of her own pocket, and that was absolutely unacceptable. It was no secret that Justine lived a very extravagant lifestyle. It was really all there was to live for in life. Objects, materials, and possessions. Pleasure as well. All of that would be turned to dust before her in a matter of weeks if she did nothing.

Additionally, Julia herself was the primary suspect in a brutal murder, perhaps of serial killer nature, as the body was not found. It was likely that she was a cannibal or some twisted monster of a human. Perhaps she was even a Necrophiliac. Anything was possible at this point, and she wouldn't put it past someone who was in that sort of mental state. In essence, Julia was insane beyond belief, and was bound to wreak more havoc upon society if left unchecked. And although Justine disagreed with who was at fault in this situation, everyone would place the blame on her after rightfully deeming Julia to be mentally insane.

So how could she deal with the situation, she thought as she gripped the steering wheel tightly. This was the first time she ever encountered a major repercussion to her work. Usually, she was never blamed when things were messy due to her unwindings.

She couldn't hide or run away. They would find her quickly, and it would look even more suspicious. She couldn't afford to legally confront the Steinbecks, as a lawsuit in itself would majorly damage her career. So all she could do was find Julia. That was the root of the problem.

But then what? Was she going to talk it over nicely with the psychotic murderess, politely asking that she refrained from eating dead people and copulating with corpses, if she did that? That was absurd. Additionally, she couldn't attack the girl, as that was mindlessly dangerous. She didn't even own a gun. And if she somehow managed to kill Julia, then she herself would be guilty of murder. There was nothing she could do, was there?

So here she was, driving to the middle of nowhere without a plan. Well, at least she knew where they were headed. It was a truck stop... in the middle of nowhere.

She kept her left hand on the steering wheel, and reached into her coat pocket, pulling out a cigarette box. She let one slide out, placed it in her mouth, and pulled out her lighter. flipping it open, she lit it and held it to the end of the cigarette, but she couldn't keep it still enough to light it. She rolled her eyes and remembered that Illyana was in the car with her, and had been silent this entire time.

"Hey. Can you help me light this?"

She turned her head momentarily to see Illyana staring wearily out the window, lost in her thoughts. She was probably incredibly exhausted from... everything. The stresses of life, her parents, the sudden change of events, and then the hospital work. All of it was far too much for anyone to handle.

She smirked. The girl was strong, she would give her that. And she didn't falter when Justine pushed against her. Even though she entirely disagreed with her opinions, Justine appreciated Illyana's headstrength. And endurance as well. She probably had a wonderfully sobby story about her parents. It was somewhat admirable that she kept living, however sharp and cynical she became, though Justine mused that if Illyana had killed herself from the grief, at least she wouldn't have felt compelled to pick up the girl off the streets. But she was here now, and Justine felt compelled to say something to her.

She pulled back the lighter. "Actually, you know what? forget the cigarette, smoking kills anyways," she said smirking, putting it back in her coat pocket. "I just wanted to point out that you're rather quiet, and it's becoming a little bit irksome. Not that I want you to humor me, but you'll become suicidal if you keep thinking to yourself."

She leaned back, and kept watching the road with a bored expression. "You probably have a wonderfully sobby story about your parents and how they abandoned you for money, or some such lovely material possession. Not that I don't think it's a noble cause, since I know I would probably sell my kid for a new Prada handbag if I had one." She smirked at the girl, without turning to look at her, knowing that she would probably be disgusted by her comment. She didn't care.

"Well what I mean to say is, life sucks, but all you can really do is stick up your middle finger and tell the world to ---- off and go away. The sooner you can do that, the better. Or else, you'll get even more hurt, and then you'll really kill yourself." She shifted in her seat. "Forget your parents, forget your friends, family everyone. Forget about yourself even. And then everything will be open to you."

Those were the words that she told herself many years ago, what she had lived by since then. It was the only thing that kept her sane, the only thing that kept her alive.
Strafe

Postby firestorm » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:09 pm

OOC: sorry if this is sudden but I'm gonna be out for a bit. If you want to know more read my post here.

Reason for leaving

Also Nami, I'm giving only you permission to use Alex and Senator Abram Charles for the means necessary to drive the plot toward your goals. Alright? I only ask of 2 things. 1. don't give them any extra backstory please, their history is very important to me 2. As you should know already but just cause I might be paranoid or soemthing, don't do anything with them that might be out of character.

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:58 pm

Robert sighed heavily as he loaded up his suitcase. "I did once. But, that's not a story I like to tell." he ran a hand through is thick brown hair. "Let's just say, I messed up and I don't want to do that again." he turned to Chelsea, "I want to help you, and make the world right again."

Chelsea shrugged. "Well, beggars can't be choosers. I'm only gonna be a few minutes, so if you need to start packing too, that's fine." She said a short prayer of thanks to God.
OOC: You can act as if you heard her pray if you like.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:43 am

Illyana continued staring out the window, waiting for the arrogant doctor to finish her lecture, or was it a speech?

She didn't bother to look at her, "Oh yes, you are right. Mommy and Daddy didn't love me and yes I wanted to kill myself many times." She chuckled, "Or is that what you wanted me to say?"

"Fact is, I never got suicidal after I was taken to be murdered. To be honest, I would have thought some very small buried sense of conscious would have made you suicidal far before me," she smiled out the window then, "Not that you truly care what I think, say, do or even whether I kill myself or not. H*ll, you would probably make a profit off me in some way anyways. For all I know you still intend to."

She sighed, "I wonder if the adults of this world, or at least what is considered adults, ever considered they may have a much better supply of organs, at least there seems to be more adults then children. Perhaps they will just kill all the children off in one go and be done with the human race as it is. Seems self destructive to me"

"In any case, the funny thing is, I have a disease. Yet still an Unwind, as if sanctions truly met anything. My parents were devious as well as greedy. I have HIV doctor, so their director, which position my mother would have then have available to her, would have died anyways. Or at least seen unfit to continue his job. Ironic isn't it?"

She turned to her then, "Would you like me to light that cigarette for you now? Or are you still have the concern that it will kill you. Given what the man also told me, that seems the least of your concerns."

OOC: Strafe thank you for the compliment on my last post :) You put my writing to shame in my honest opinion, so well done to you sir :)
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby Nami » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:03 am

OOC: You all make my heart writhe with joy! ^_^ Strafe, thanks for bullying me into posting! XD I'm j/k you didn't. You inspired me *evil grin*

So, anyone remember Riley? I do :3 and I intend to use him.

@Fire: Understandable! We will welcome you back when the time comes. I will do my best not to ruin your characters. >>; XD;;

To all! Great posts! I'm loving this! :3

IC: Jill sighed in relief and shifted a step back, she let go of Jake's arm. "Cool." She shrugged, "trust me, not everyone is as bratty at me." she winked and turned on her heel, "so, do you want to see your room?" she cocked her head, peering at him over her shoulder. "If you do, believe me when I say, you have annoying roommates." she chuckled.

-----

Amara shifted his legs, his feet pumping gas while using the clutch, it was a complicated business, but he was so used to it that it hardly fazed him. He blinked his rainbow eyes and pushed on the gas, he had the most uncomfortable feeling, that he was being followed. His eyes kept shifting to the rear-view mirror, but there was nothing there. Only a long stretch of desert, he was taking a long route around so he could lose anyone's trail.

When Amara heard Julia moved her glanced at her and his blood went cold. "Hey, are you alright?" he asked, because for once in his life, he felt like he was seeing a real zombie. Not the falling-off-flesh kind. But a living, breathing zombie. He shuddered involuntarily and gripped the wheel.

"Hey, Julia..." he said, trying to remain calm. Outside, he was as calm as a lake that hadn't been disturbed by the wind. On the inside the lake was being consumed by a tornado. His emotions were flying around wildly and he didn't really know what to do. He had never been terrified in his entire life.

'Well, I guess there is a first time for everything!' His thoughts joked.

"Are you alright girl? Do you need a hospital? Or water?"

-----

One of the Scorpion's stepped forward next to the other guy and eyed the tattoo. "Dang man, you've been doing stuff since we last talked." he looked at Anjali and whispered.

"So who's the girl?"

Anjali looked up at Laurence, she wanted to feel annoyed for being protected like that, she wasn't weak, but for some reason everyone was treating her like she was. She sighed, "I'm fine." She ran a still shaking hand through her hair and then hugged herself.

"I was just startled." she smiled, "nothing to worry about." Her eyes fell on the Scorpions and she lifted a dark brow. "There is nothing to worry about...right?" she whispered to Laurence. Anjali looked at Alex and smiled, she wanted to hug Laurence and Alex, she felt a little giddy that they had actually gotten away from all that.

"Thanks." She said, turning her eyes to Mac.

The Scorpion grinned. "Laurence, man, we need to catch up. Why don't we go hang back at our place? You guys can rest and eat until then and you," he grabbed Laurence around the head in a friendly head-lock, "can tell us just what happened to our boss, ya?" he chuckled.

-------

Robert Dawson smiled when he heard her prayers, it made him feel good that she still trusted in something that wasn't superficial. Once he finished packing he came back out to her, "Ok, I know how we can do this. Taking a plane would be too hard and conspicuous. We are going to have to drive out to that address. I've rented a nice SUV that will carry us there, we can stock up on food and water and then be out of this city by lunch." He smiled happily. "Whenever you are ready." he walked to the door, "i'll be down stairs." he took the elevator to the first floor and stepped off, not two seconds after his feet hit carpet, his eyes found a familiar figure, and he almost fainted.

Bethany stood not but ten feet from the front door to the Hotel, her eyes were skimming over the crowd. It was almost as if she were looking for him. Robert felt sweat drip down his back, he had to hide...and fast. He turned quickly and jumped behind the reception desk.

"Um, excuse me, sir? You can't be here." A snooty woman said, pushing up her glasses as she observed the peculiar man.

Robert nodded, "I know," he whispered, "but do you see a brunette, young woman, beautiful. Striking even. By the front door?"

The woman's gaze lifted off Robert and her piercing eyes caught sight of Bethany. "Yes, she's wearing a purple suit, its not really her color." she muttered, "no, it doesn't match her eyes very well."

"Yes, that's her. She's one of my... uh.." Robert had never been a good liar, but this time he swallowed his fears and blurted a lie that sounded convincing. "She's an ex of mine. Psycho, she's really, really nuts. I mean, once she tried to drown me in the champagne holder. You know, those big metal things?"

The clerk looked absolutely horrified. "Dear Lord, did you tell anyone? Or report her?"

"I can't, she tracks my cellphone. Did I mention she's a stalker?" He smiled nervously, to the woman he looked nervous because of his supposed "Ex" but inwardly, he was scared she'd smell the lie. Fortunately, her eyes narrowed and she looked darkly at Bethany.

"Don't worry sir, you are safe here."

"Thank you." he murmured, "is there a back door I can get out?"

"Yes, sir, I'll show you." she turned sharply on stiletto heels and guided, the crawling Robert to a door that lead to the outside. "Here you go sir, do be careful."

Robert stood and smiled, "thank you miss." he bowed and walked quickly away.

When Bethany approached the counter and smiled, "hi." She was greeted by a cold woman whose gaze could curdle milk and make a baby cry. "Um... I was looking for a Dawson?"

"I'm afraid, he just checked out." She said icily. "Sorry." Bethany smiled, "uh, thanks." she turned and walked out of the hotel, feeling utterly alone.

'Great, my only link is gone. Now I'm on my own.' She shivered, this was going to be a long journey.

OOC: Rock, Robert is waiting by the car after all that. So no worries.
-----

The Commander sat coldly in the one bedroom building he had been assigned. It was a whole lot better than sharing a barrack with a bunch of stinky soldiers, so he couldn't complain. He settled the pipe in his mouth and with a nervous shake he lit it, the smoke puffed out and he scratched his brow. Things were not going as he had hoped. He thought that these cases were isolated incidents. He had been wrong. And it bruised his pride that a man, not even old enough to remember what a spit-shine was, had to tell him that these incidents were connected.

Someone was planning the bombings. He shifted and blew out another puff of smoke. The questions was...who?

A knock on his cabin door interrupted his thoughts and he coughed slightly, riding his lungs of the smoke. "Come in." He said. The door opened and in stepped his lieutenant Riley Sanger. Riley was a wonderful soldier, he obeyed orders, knew when to talk back, and he was one of the most trusted men on his squad. The Commander would put his life on the line if he knew Riley would take his place, and he knew for a fact that Riley would do the same for him. After all, he had already done before.

"Riley, thank you for coming." He held his hand out, gesturing toward the chair across from him. "Please, sit."

Riley glanced at the chair, "with all do respect sir, I'd rather stand." The Commander nodded, "alright."

"Sir."

"Hm?"

"What are we doing? Are we really going to take some...snobby, business man's advice? Are we seriously going to be shooting down Unwinds like they are stray dogs?" Riley's voice shook and Jensen, for once in his life, wished he could share Riley's heated emotion about shooting down kids. It was disgraceful, dirty and bloody. But that, was the Army. Whether people liked it or not. The Army and the Special Teams were all about blood. Protecting the country. He snorted. What a joke.

"Sir?"

"Soldier, I've got no choice." He met Riley's eyes. "Please understand."

Riley shifted and restrained the negative emotions. "I can't sir, and I doubt I ever will." he saluted and without waiting, left the Commander's cabin.

"Heh, boys got spunk." he murmured and then sighed. Things were spiraling down.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Strafe » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:39 am

OOC: No problem. And thank you very much. I'm thoroughly enjoying this clash of egos. :P

-Justine-

Child, Justine thought, unfazed. You know not what foolishness you speak. She had hoped Illyana would be mature enough to listen to one older and wiser than herself, but that was not so.

Justine did not speak her own thoughts, shaped and tinkered with within the secure confines of a comfortable living room. She spoke from her own life, torn battered, and ripped apart until Justine could only see the truth and none of the fluffy lies that justice would prevail in the end. There was no Justice, there was no Justine. Simple as that. And even beyond that. She couldn’t handle the cold dead world. No one could.

And Illyana spoke the words she told herself as a child, the words she used to live by, that she had enough sanity and consciousness left to not kill herself. She was too great to stoop to that level. Of course, that was before it happened.

Justine Smirked. "Well. I'll hand it to you. You are strong." But so was Justine as a child. "Anyone else would have killed themselves by now, I assure you. So kudos to you for not doing the popular thing."

She pulled the cigarette back out, and lit it herself, not needing help in the first place. She just wanted to break the ice a little bit. So much for that. This girl, though she would probably hate it, reminded her too much of herself when she was young, back when she thought with a sarcastic smirk that she was strong enough to face the cruel unrelenting world. She just didn't understand just how cruel and unrelenting the world was at that naive age.

Illyana was lucky that Justine had picked her up sooner than later, so she wouldn’t have to find out for herself.

Justine took a long slow drag from the cigarette and exhaled slowly. Now, what of the HIV? If she was serious, then it would only be for the better. If she wasn’t that was fine too. HIV only served further into her purpose, but was ultimately inconsequential. But it did make for good conversation, she guessed. She had to admire the Toris family now. They were quite interesting, or at least much more interesting than she had expected.

“So,” She said, smirking. “How exactly was a daughter of a well off family in such a circumstance as to contract HIV?”

It could have been her parents, which would make them seem even more fascinating. Or perhaps Illyana herself was not quite the innocent child.

---

The body blinked again, and made to sit up. But something blocked its way. A long strap of thick cloth wrapped around the body’s shoulder and waist. The body squirmed lifelessly. The person next to it seemed to look at it with concern. His look made the body still for a moment. Then slowly, it reached up its hand to his face. The clumsy limb towards his face drew closer.

Until it touched gently, and fell back, lifeless and dead. The body closed its eyes, as if to sleep. It stayed still, motionless and silent. A corpse. Death seemed to form a halo around its pale face above the scare on its forehead. There was no life. Julia was dead.

A hand shot up and grabbed Amara’s throat tightly.

One green eye, one blue eye stared dead at Amara, A blank expression on the body’s face. No angry snarl, no even hint of violence, or sign of anything unnatural. It was the body’s nature to kill.
Strafe

Postby Lil_Ninja » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:28 pm

OOC: Nami, a quick reminder; Rex (the Scorpion gang leader) was killed by Amara during the breakin at the mansion.
I was going to say that Laurence was second in command (or at least a higher up), if that's alright.
If you want, you could say that the gang didn't know that the leader was shot? Or that they want the inside story from Laurence.

Is samurai10 still in the RPG?

IC: Laurence glanced at Anjali, then back at the man that addressed him. "A friend. You don't have to worry about her." He said simply.
He was glad Anjali hadn't gotten harmed by the Wolves, but they might not be so lucky next time. He still couldn't believe he had slipped up and fallen into that situation.
"Nah. You don't have to worry about the Scorpions. Any friend of mine is a friend of theirs. And they take good care of their friends, trust me." He smiled down at her.
His attention turned to his friend. "That sounds like a great idea!" He turned to Anjali, "What do you say? Will you come with us?" His voice was hopeful. He would hate leaving her now, after all that had happened thus far. He was starting to feel like her protector.
Before he could say any more, he was caught in a head lock. "Rex?" Laurence hadn't thought about the man since the night of the breakin. He pulled his friend's arm away from his neck so he could look at him. "You mean he didn't make it out of the mansion? I didn't see Rex at the station with the other Scorpions, so naturally
I had assumed he got out with the rest of you."
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:59 pm

OOC: Thanks.
Chelsea finished packing and headed for the nearest elevator. Luckily, no one was watching. Why am I paranoid now? She got in and rode all the way to the lobby. Then she thanked the clerk and ran out the door where she saw Robert waiting for her.
"OK, Robert, let's make tracks!" she exclaimed. "I got shotgun! Always wanted to say that!"

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Nami » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:21 am

OOC:

@Ninja: Yeah, I know. XD But remember, most of them weren't there that night and they dont' know what happened. Sure, second in command is fine.

Yes, she is. Only she's not on for a while, I was going to make a post for her, but I forgot to collect the post. Darn it. >>; I'll get it for her soon enough.

Also, I'm avoiding using Alex and the Senator because I don't want to mess them up, but I'll keep them in track with us.

IC: Amara felt the breath leave his lungs and he gasped as the hand tightened around his windpipe. 'Crap!' he thought, his eyes watered and he slammed on the brakes but the car barely slowed,a sure sign that the brakes were gone. He gripped Julia's hand and attempted to get it off. "Stop!" he choked out. His eyes grew dim, he wondered...was this his last moment? He gripped Julia's wrist and stared at her at best he could. "Wake up." he grunted. Then with force he grabbed her whole arm and slammed her back against her door.

And gurgled out; "WAKE UP!" He pushed her against the door, trying to force her to wake up. "Wake up!"

'Ugh, if she doesn't regain consciousness, I'll pass out...and only God knows what she will do to me then.' He flinched remembering Earl, and refused to let that happen to him.

-------

Anjali opened her mouth, but before she could say she would love to come, the Scorpion had Laurence in a headlock.

Suddenly the atmosphere changed and the Scorpion member stepped away from Laurence. "What?" he said, "that raid?" He looked at his buddies. "The rest of the gang didn't make it. They were caught." he turned his eyes to Laurence.

"Who else was with you that night?" he asked. Then with silent fury he clenched his fists, "was it that no good trash kid that Rex took in? You know, the one with freaky rainbow eyes?"

Anjali twitched, 'Rainbow eyes?' she thought, and tried to picture it, but couldn't. Then a flash before her eyes registered and she remembered a news announcement, some teenager had gunned down another teen in the bedroom of a rich mans house. She remembered seeing it briefly before heading home that day...the day she had become and Unwind. She shuddered. She didn't want to break the bad news to them, she wasn't sure what would happen to her. Sometimes, people take their anger out on the messenger.

Alex looked at Anjali questioningly, she looked away from Alex, he had seen the truth or at least, seen that she knew something and wasn't telling. It made her uncomfortable that she was such an open book to others.

"I'll come." she murmured to Laurence, just because she wasn't sure what else to say.

---------

Robert Dawson smiled when he saw Chelsea, he was glad she hadn't run into any trouble. "Cool! Lets get out of this rushing town." he climbed into the classy SUV and once Chelsea was seated, he stopped at a few grocery stores, bought supplies and then in an hour, they were out of that city and driving across the state. It would take them at least 2 days to reach their destination. Robert just hoped they didn't run into any trouble on their way there.

"I've gotten enough supplies to last us, but we'll have to stop off at gas stations for restroom breaks and stretching breaks." he grinned. "Just let me know when you need something. I'll stop." he glanced at Chelsea.

"So tell me, how was life before you became an Unwind...? I'm really curious actually. I mean, how does one even become an Unwind?" he blushed suddenly, "I'm sorry...that was rude of me. You probably don't want to talk about that." he concentrated on the road, feeling like a jerk for asking her those personal questions.

OOC: I'll do some more Commander/Riley/Karan Posts later. I really want the characters to build up. I'm excited to see what will happen with Amara! XDDD
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby rocklobster » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:14 pm

"Oh, it's ok. My mom was a teenager when she had me and couldn't afford it, so she dropped me off at the state. Things were fine until budget cuts came in. That's when they knocked me out and gave me this ugly doodle. When I found out what it was for, I took correspondence courses in computer hacking. That's how I was able to bypass the 13-year limit. I might've made it all the way to 18 if puberty hadn't kicked in. I know one thing for sure, if I get pregnant, I am not doing this to my kid. He or she will definitely be loved. Maybe that's why God allowed me to experience this, so I'd learn from it." Chelsea sighed. "In case you're wondering, I'm into God because there was a really nice nun at the state home. She taught me how to read with a real Bible, not one of those edited ones that tell you being Unwind is what God wants. It's probably a collector's item. Who knows, maybe God sent you into my life."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Strafe » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:03 pm

-Julia-

Clowns. Wasn't that right? There was a clown on Julia's canvas when they died. And a pair of glowing eyes staring at him from behind. What did those eyes mean?

Now it was Jason's turn to walk across the blackness. It was dark. That was all there was. The dark. He wasn't afraid of the dark. Rather, it seemed the dark was afraid of him. He laughed feebly, as his haunted voice echoed throughout the emptiness.

He looked at his small, diminished, child-like hand. The hand he had known when he was only 4 years old, and always looked up to someone. He looked up to someone, didn't he? What was his or her name? It started with a J, right?

"Hey... sister... It's really cold here. Can you make it stop?"

His frail young, haunted voice shivered in the emptiness. There was no light or comfort. Just himself, and the darkness that was afraid of him.

"Hey... sister... why is it so dark? Can you make it stop?"

He shivered more intensely now, and walked around nervously. He looked around for something, for something. For something.

BANG.

He lurched forward, and fell down hard on his face in the ocean of black. He felt the back of his head. It was bleeding.

"Hey... sister... why am I bleeding? Can you make it stop?"

He stared at the blood in his hands, slowly moving his hand towards his mouth, licking his fingers clean of the blood.

Then he began to eat his hand.

Snap went his ring finger as he tore it off. He screamed in pain as he chewed on it, crunching the bone and thin layers of muscle. He cried because it hurt so much. The blood in his mouth, the blood gushing out of his hand. The blood. The blood... It tasted like chicken. Or steak. Or human flesh. It tasted good, so he stopped screaming and crying.

Next was his pinky. then his thumb. Then his middle finger. Then his index finger. He licked his lips and started at his digit-less hand, wondering why he ate his fingers.

"Hey... sister... Why do I taste good? Can you make it stop?"

The blood gushing from his hand dripped onto the blackness, pooling beside him, and spreading, contaminating the ocean of black, turning it into a sea of blood. Slowly, the entire expanse of oblivion became an expanse of deep crimson, and Jason was drowning in it. Though his entire body was encased in the blood, he could hear voices calling out to him from distant lands far away.

Wake up... Wake up...

"Hey... sister... What are these voices? Can you make it stop?"

Still, the voices persisted.

Wake up... Wake up...

He gasped for air, trying to reach the surface and breathe. He was suffocating in the blood.

"Sister?"

He cried, but no tears came out. He screamed, but no sound came out. He Flailed around, but he could go nowhere.

"Can you make it stop?"

"Make it stop..."

"Stop..."

He began to black out.

"Julia..."

---

He woke up in a convulsion, drenched in cold sweat, strangling some boy with rainbow eyes as they drove in the car. He looked confusedly about him. What was going on? He let go of the boy's neck.

He sat back down. They were speeding dangerously fast, the scenery flew by in a blur, and Julia was staring at him confusedly in the mirror.

Oh right.

"MAKE IT STOP. MAKE IT STOP. MAKE IT STOP. MAKE IT STOP. MAKE IT STOP."

Jason began to unleash a flurry of punches at the driver in a mad frenzy. He couldn't see anything but his own slender fists colliding with the boy's face.

And so, he saw nothing when they crashed.
Strafe

Postby acgifford » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:52 am

Nami (post: 1450702) wrote:

IC: Jill sighed in relief and shifted a step back, she let go of Jake's arm. "Cool." She shrugged, "trust me, not everyone is as bratty at me." she winked and turned on her heel, "so, do you want to see your room?" she cocked her head, peering at him over her shoulder. "If you do, believe me when I say, you have annoying roommates." she chuckled.

-Jake-

Jake was already angry as it was that he had agreed to stay. He ignored Jill's degrading comment about herself. He didn't feel like being manipulated.

"Great. Annoying room mates." He said sarcasticaly. "This place couldn't get any worse could it?" His head was swimming with frustratuion, smugness, and utter annoyance at himself and everyone around him. His words felt rather acidic. Even to himself.

"Lead on." he said coldly.

OOC: Jake is so nasty. Jill has broken his shield(emotional shield) and his true colors are showing. XD Not sure thats a good thing. You be the judge of that.lol
acgifford

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying