Unwind: Run To Survive

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Unwind: Run To Survive

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:41 pm

GM is Nami. Have fun and keep things under control ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Nami » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:48 pm

OOC: ZOMG! Thank you so much Tsuku! I'll try my best not to let it get out of hand ^_^;; You heard the mod people!! I would love to start a dramatic first post...so if I don't post it after this message, then I'll post it Monday... I'm gunna be busy the ENTIRE weekend!

IC: After the TV camera turned off Beth whirled on her partner. "What the heck was that all about?" she flares, furious that he said something so stupid to the camera and on National television too. 'Oh gosh! I might lose my job!' That thought made Beth want to puke.

Robert stared down at the papers in his limp hands, "I...Beth..." he looked up at her, his eyes hard. "Being an Unwind, must be a terrible thing! Don't you think? I mean, to find out that your parents don't want you? And that you will be "dismantled?" How awful is this world if we let something like this happen?"

Beth gaped like a koi fish at Robert, showing her rows of white teeth which practically glowed in the bright light. "I don't think so! Its a peaceful solution! Without it, this whole freakin' world would have blown up from the war." She made an exaggerated sound. "I can't believe you." she jumped to her feet. "I've worked for sixteen years, you hear me? SIXTEEN YEARS, to land this job, and I am NOT going to have you messing up my chances." she spun on her pencil thin heel and marched out of the studio, leaving Robert.

It was around 9pm now, Beth hadn't been lectured (much to her joy) but Robert had gotten an earful. She smirked a little, glad she wasn't on the receiving end of her boss's fury. She gently pulled her keys from her shoulder bag and clicked the button, her fancy brand new car made a satisifying click sound that signaled it was unlocked. She opened the door, and then, something very unexpected happened...A black bag covered her head so fast her scream was muffled. She thrashed wildly, at least she tried too, her tight skirt made it nearly impossible to kick anything. Strong hands held her arms, there was muffled whispers and then...she was out cold.

------------------

10:15am, California, June 16.

Anjali walked down the heated sidewalks, the sun always bothered her on days like this, mostly because she had sensitive pale skin that burned to a crisp in this weather. She rubbed her arm and covered her eyes, trying not to be blinded by the scorching sun. Today, was her birthday. She had been sent out of the house for some reason and she wasn't allowed back until now. Anjali sighed, she had just recieved a call from her family and it was time to come home.

Anjali took three jaunty steps up the stairs that led to her house and reached out to the front door. Her hand clasp the cool metal and she twisted the knob. The door gave and she stepped in, letting the room adjust to her sun-burned eyes. Everything seemed extremely dark, or perhaps it was just from being outside.

Suddenly, lights exploded on and her family, the two small twins lunged out from behind the kitchen wall screaming something unintelligable, which she decided was; "Happy Birthday!"

She gaped at them for a minute, "oh my gosh!" she whispered, her parents smiled at her, they both held one of the most beautiful cakes she had ever seen in her life. Decorated in colorful flowers and designs. "You guys!" she rushed to her twins and hugged them, the two boys wriggled in her hug and laughed hysterically.

"I can't believe it!" she stood up wiping tears from her eyes, "this is so great! Oh my gosh, this cake must've cost a fortune." it was way to large for the family of five to eat by themselves.

"Oh, don't worry about that." Her father, Mr. Brandsworth said, was it just her? Or did his smile seem strained. Mrs. Brandsworth had tears in her eyes.

"Anjali, I'm so happy you like it." They both set the cake down on the table and hugged her. Something tugged at the back of her mind, but she ignored it.

"Oh and...since you are fifteen, we've decided to let you get a tattoo!" Her mom said grinning. Anjali's eyes grew wide, "seriously?!" she squealed, "that's awesome!" The twins nodded in unison.

"There's already a professional tattooist in the living-room honey..."

Just as they were about to go into the living-room, the front door busted open, literally, it had been kicked. They all jumped, startled. Standing in it was her older brother, Mikeal.

"Mike!" She dashed to him and hugged him tight, his arms stiffly went around her and he glowered at his parents. "Mike? What's wrong?" Anjali stepped back, trying to understand his expression.

"...So you haven't told her?" Mikeal said calmly, though his teeth were gritted.

"Told me what?" Anjali asked, looking from her parents to her brother, "OH! Mike, they are going to let me get a tattoo."

"Oh yeah?" Mike's eyes hardened, "you two should be ashamed." he snarled, furious now. "How dare you do this to her!" He was nearly screaming now, the twins looked scared and they both shook.

"Mike! Stop." His dad said panic in his eyes.

"We were going too!" Mrs. Brandsworth whispered, shaking also.

"When?! Before or after you had her unwound?!"

Those words hit Anjali like a bag of stones, her knees grew weak, her head spun, everyone's words blurred together. Unwound. She was an unwind.

"M-mom?" she turned slowly to her mother, who burst into tears and looked away from her. "Dad?" She looked to her father.

"Honey..." Her dad said slowly.

"Don't!" Mike snarled. "Anjali, you aren't their kid! You were adopted, and now they can't afford you anymore, they are having you unwound." The words pushed Anjali backwards.

"What?" she whispered, "is that true?"

Mr. Brandsworth looked down, ashamed. "Anjali, the tattooist...he's going to give you the mark of an unwind." Her dad said. "Just...come along OK?"

Anjali didn't know what to do, suddenly, Mike was hauling her to her feet, "run Anj!"

"Huh?"

"RUN! NOW!" Mike screamed, shoving a pack into her hands and shoving her out the door. the Brandsworth attempted to stop her, but Mike blocked them. Then without thinking, Anjali bolted, down the sidewalk that burned through the bottom of her shoes, past all the people out and about. Tears streamed down her face, fear and confusion pushing her onward, she gulped in air. Fire burned her legs and lungs, but she didn't stop. All she heard was what Mike had said; "Anjali, you aren't their kid! You were adopted, and now they can't afford you anymore, they are having you unwound."

'No, no, no, no, NO!'

OOC: I'll have to make a second post. Again, I'll be gone all WEEKEND! Please keep the post to introduction posts ONLY!
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:51 pm

OOC: Ok, I'll show how Chelsea found out the news.
Chelsea woke up from the anasthetic. She walked over to the mirror. A barcode tatoo. She shook her head. "So, they decided."
"[color="Yellow"]You knew they would[/color]." said the voice in her head. [color="yellow"]"They don't like kids like you. I think you should run. You've been packed anyway.[/color]
"You know, I'm glad I have you in my head, Gabriel." said Chelsea to herself.
OOC: Gabriel is the voice in her head. She claims its her conscience. Gabriel's "inner dialog" will always be yellow because Chelsea's the only person who can hear it.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Strafe » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:55 pm

OOC: WOW O_O. That was an incredible first post... impossible to follow up. Jeez. Well one thing. It was very well executed, but I feel like I don't know the characters, so I don't know how to pity them.

-Jason Steinbeck-

He grinned. Before him stood the holy grail of all guitars. A 1959 Sunburst Gibson Les Paul, worn out, but in playable condition. This thing alone would probably cost over $100,000, and the sound that would come out of it would melt the polar ice-caps in its sheer glory. He gawked at it for a moment, before his hand slowly began to reach towards it. He imagined the first chord he would play on it, the way the warm, fuzzy overtones of aged wood would float around the room. His hand began to move more quickly. Closer... closer... closer. Thunk.

A wall of glass stood like a monolith between him and heaven. He slumped down, defeated, glaring at the $120,099 price tag. The guitar shop's muzak in the background came back into the setting, and a 14 year old boy stared blankly at a glass case.

"Had enough, buddy?" An arm wrapped around his neck playfully. "It's a pretty thing, huh? Well thats too bad. No touchy. Have fun staring at it." The bright playful mocking tone of his sister's voice broke the silence. Julia's bright blue eyes gleamed at him, somehow comforting in spite of the biting words.

Jason pretended to be mad. "What? I was just checking to make sure that the glass is really clean. That's all. Wouldn't want any uncouth individuals breathing on it," he jeered, gesturing at his older sister.

Julia smirked. "Sure. Whatever you say." She didn't know what Uncouth meant anyways. "Here. Let me show you something." She picked up a cheap acoustic guitar and sloppily strummed a few chords, attempting to play "Smoke on the water". Admittedly, it was terrible, but Jason smiled. He knew that she had improved. On the other hand, Jason had learned the song, transcribed, and played the entire solo a few years ago. But he wouldn't dare say that.

"Well... that's enough of that. Let's go home, Jay." Julia waved her hand to the car. She didn't have her license, but she could drive well enough to get them places, save for her occasional outbursts of road rage.

They left the guitar shop, and headed home, driving off, merging into the highway. It was their usual routine on Wednesdays after school, going wherever they wanted to. Jason looked forward to Wednesdays, since it was one of the few times he could spend time with his sister. All of his friends hated their older siblings. Jason couldn't understand that. He guessed that Julia was different.

A cell phone rang. Julia picked it up with a free hand. "Hello? Oh, Hey Trey. Yeah? Well... I'm kind of busy right now?... Oh really? huh. K. I'll be there. Wait up for me."

Julia caught Jason staring at her, and smiled playfully. "Hm? What is it? You look worried."

"You shouldn't hang out with unsavory people like that, you know. It could rub off on you." Jason lectured his older sister seriously, having a general idea of what Trey was up to.

Julia chuckled. "Look at that. Little Juju is concerned about me. That's so cute."

Jason became slightly flustered at the use of his childhood nickname, caused in the past by Julia's two year old mouth. She was 16 now. "Well. Just be careful ok?"

Julia's bright demeanor dimmed at the warning, and she stared at the road ahead, becoming silent. She looked distressed for a moment. Jason had always thought that Julia was pretty in a sibling sort of way. Jason figured that if she wasn't so tomboyish, Julia could be beautiful. Now, her tired gaze sharpened her features even more, making her slim frame more evident. Her bangs curved down wistfully over her face, and she blinked, remembering to respond.

"Sure. I'll be careful," she muttered.

Jason looked away, not wanting to say anything wrong. He was silent until they reached the house. The car pulled smoothly up the drive way, and stopped. Jason stepped out of the car, and looked back to his sister. "Uh... thanks for taking me today. It was fun."

Julia smiled, seeming a bit fatigued now. "No prob Kiddo. Later."

Jason stopped her as she began to pull the car back. "And uh... If you're ever in trouble, I can protect you." He meant it.

Julia stopped for a moment, unable to say anything. Instead, she reached out, ruffling his hair, then drove off without a word.

Jason stood there, also sobered considerably. But he went inside eventually, as the Calculus tutor was going to arrive shortly.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby Lil_Ninja » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:22 pm

OOC: Nice opening post, Strafe! I like Jason already! Haha

IC: Kleo Von Bae... Unloved, unwanted.. And soon to be unwound.
Her so called "parents", Phil and Marian Von Bae, were going to send her to be unwound as soon as she turned 13, but one of their good friends had convinced them to put her through disciplinary school to see if she would straighten up to at least give her a chance before making such a harsh decision.
Well, it's been two long years to the day since they shipped her off, and they got exactly what they wanted. She has changed, but perhaps not exactly as they had planned.
Two long years she had been put through torture just because she wasn't the perfect child and the only thing that those two years had taught her is that sometimes it's better to put on a face and play along rather than be yourself and be hated for it. Though one thing would never change for her. She was a troubled child that would never be accepted for who she was, especially by Phil and Marian.
She was prepared for any outcome by this point.

The five hour train ride back to her town was most welcome to her. It might just be the only peace she would be getting for a long time. Though a question still gnawed at the back of her mind; would they accept me?

As she excited the train, she searched for anyone that would be there to pick her up, but she found no one.
"Looks like I have to walk home." She said to herself as she adjusted her backpack and started her long trek home.
Five miles later, a familiar sight came into view. An old white house sitting on the corner, complete with a picket fence and peeling paint.
As she walked through the open gate, a thought overwhelmed her mind. What will be home for me a week from now? She decided to ignore the question for now and focus on the task at hand.

As soon as she stepped through the door, she knew something was wrong.
An eery feeling covered her as she walked through the dark house. She approached the next room where she heard a sound that resembled a dog's whimper or maybe another animal in distress.
She stepped into the living room and saw Phil sitting on the couch with his hands covering his face. His body shook with sobs.
Around him were two close friends of the family. Fred and Susan Finley.
Where's Marian? She thought, taking in the scene. The past few years, she had rarely ever called her parents "Mom and Dad". She had figured they liked it better that way, since they hardly regarded her as their own anyway. She had made the remark before "It'll be easier for you when you unwind me if I don't refer to you as my parents anymore." Though they had disliked her even mentioning the unwinding, she knew she was right.

Fred Finley had his hand on Phil's shoulder as the man's weeping started to slowly die down.
Suddenly everything seemed to stop as all eyes turned to Kleo.
"You." Phil's voice shook with a mixture of despair and anger as he slowly rose off of the couch.
"Now Phil, don't do anything rash.." Fred blocked his path, but was pushed aside.
"This is your fault. Marian's dead.. Because of you!" He yelled through uncontrollable sobs.

"I..I don't understand." Kleo was at a loss, shocked by this new information. She had just walked in the door and was already being accused of murder?

"Kleo, sweetie.. There was an accident. Marian had been driving to get you from the train station when she was hit by a truck and-.." Susan Finley had to stop mid sentence. New tears streaked her face as her makeup smeared even more.

"Get out." Phil's voice was deeper and more venomous than she had ever heard it before.
She was frozen, unblinking, afraid to move.
He repeated himself, louder. "Get out!" He snarled, grabbing her arm and jerking it towards the door. "You better get used to getting pushed around, because I'm sending you to get unwound!" His voice was shaking and was filled with anger as he pulled her towards the door.

"Come on, Kiddo.." Fred opened the front door as Susan came behind her and started walking her outside.

Everything was happening so fast, Kleo didn't know what else to do but run, so she did. She jerked away from the Finleys and ran to the side of the house where Phil kept his sleek red and black Harley Davidson, jumping the picket fence on the way. She pulled on the matching helmet, grabbed the keys out of the bushes, and turned it on. At that time, Fred had caught up to her, but it was too late. She zoomed by him and screeched down the street.

They had tried to chase her, but she zipped around cars and sped down narrow alley ways, and before they knew it, she was gone for good.

OOC: Sorry if it seems lame, I couldn't think of anything else for her. XP
I'm going to wait a little longer to introduce the twins.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Strafe » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:05 pm

OOC: Ooh... that's rough. Doesn't look like there's much room for humor. I'm the only person with unscrewed up characters... at the moment.

So this is part 2 of the introductory post I guess. Still no interaction with anyone, just more background... I think this is ok, right? And I guess I'd better fill out a character form for Julia too.

-Jason-

The Calculus tutor came and went. Jason yawned, wondering why his parents even bothered with the tutor. He consistently got over 100% in each of his classes.

Every class except for art. For some reason, art was completely out of his reach. It seemed to be on a totally different level of consciousness altogether. There was no logic, no rhythm, no calculation of formulas- Just pure expression, and nothing more. Jason could begin to replicate the great artists of the past, like Da Vinci, Monet, and Picasso, but whenever he was asked to do something original, he drew a blank. Whatever he created was cold and lifeless, though it was mathematically perfect.

Naturally, as she was his complete polar opposite, Julia would create startlingly massive works of absolute abstraction. It made no sense whatsoever, and that made it all the more beautiful. The canvas was streaked with chaos, pure insanity and unrest, perhaps a mirror image of some sort of restlessness she had in her own soul. A violent slash of deep violet against a furry pink expanse was her rage against human conformity. A rising green flower that withered in the black sun was the summary of the crushed human spirit. Jason could only stare in humble awe at the works, the depth, or perhaps purposeful lack of meaning. The one thing she surpassed him in, and was probably the one thing she loved the most.

So he found himself subconsciously walking into her room. Julia was out with her "friends," and would never know he was there. He doubted she would care anyways. The white washed room was a mess, as usual, with clothes strewn about everywhere, some which really should have not been left out, to Jason's dismay. She was certainly a tomboy in that regard. There was no frilly wall paper, no posters of teen idols, not much in the manner of decoration. Her beat up guitar was in the corner, some various school books thrown around the desk. But he had seen all of that before. It was the painting in the other corner of the room which caught his attention.

The latest canvas was of a clown made up of different body parts of different colors. One arm was black, one arm was brown, his torso was tanned slightly, and his legs were a pale white. It smiled gleefully at Jason, as clowns did, but a small crack began to form on its face, straight down the middle, and his eyes were empty, with no color. Behind him was a pair of gleaming yellow eyes, the only light in the absolute pitch black darkness that made up the background.

Jason usually could guess what the paintings were about, but this time, he had no clue. It seemed angry, or confused, but he couldn't see what it was about. Perhaps some sort of outrage at the lack of cultural diversity? But what did she care about that? Jason drifted around her room a little more, trying to make sense of the chaos. He looked curiously at the diary on the nightstand, and slowly began to reach for it, when...

"Sup, Kiddo? Whatcha doing in my room?" Julia's sharp blue eyes stared him down knowingly, but didn't seem angry in the slightest.

Jason jumped up, yelping in shock, almost hitting his head on the low ceiling. He scrambled to orient himself before turning around and shyly waving and squeaking out, "hi."

Julia waved back dubiously, smiling mockingly. "Hi. So... yeah. You need something?"

"No."

"K. That's cool." Without making a move to kick Jason out of her room, but not bothering to take the unsightly garments from off the floor out of his sight, Julia smoothly strolled over to place her car keys on her desk, then to the canvas to resume painting the clown. Julia didn't seem fazed in the slightest by the extremely awkward atmosphere, unlike Jason, who flushed an embarrassed pink.

Mustering whatever validity he had left, he asked, "I thought you were hanging out with your friends."

Julia, without looking at him answered, "No. Change of plans. We're meeting up later tonight."

"Oh..." There was silence for a long time, while Julia kept painting and Jason shifted his eyes, grimacing, not entirely sure how to alleviate the situation.

He finally piped up again. "So... What are you painting?"

"A clown."

"No I mean, What does it mean?"

"I dunno."

Jason tapped his fingers together nervously, unable to tell if Julia was ignoring him or just concentrating really hard. "Oh... Alright then. I'll just leave you be. Uh... See you later."

"Later. Oh and call me down when its time to eat, k?"

"Alright." Jason left Julia's room, mentally slapping him self in the face at how dumb he was, and how unshakably cool Julia was in response to that. But he wondered if they were slowly drifting apart. The distances of their age, gender, and station seemed to grow larger every day, and Julia was changing, not just physically. She seemed... different. And that was all he could assume.

He went downstairs to help his mother cook. Dinner would be ready soon.

---

OOC: Woooowww.... REALLY long post. So... part 2 of introductory post. I think it'll take 3 or more posts to get Jason to a place where he can interact with other people. Character building and decriptiveness is hard...
Strafe

Postby Vega » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:14 pm

-Ashley-

She sat in the darkness. It seemed to engulve every inch of the ditch. Ashley sat in a dirt hole....but it was her home.
She had been shipped off to be unwound what seemed to be an eternity ago. Her former life...gone. She was in a world that refused to accept her.
Ashley spent countless nights like this...thinking. Remembering the shadowy past and fearing her unknown future. Tears rolled down her cheeks. Noone was there to comfort her. Noone to hold her and to tell her its okay. A weeping soul waiting to find something to not let her efforts be in vain.
Why? This was the never-answered question that plagued every facit of her being. What did she do? Will she ever find comfort in this cold world?
And as the night progressed, her sadness turned to anger. Anger directed towards her oppresers, but deeply rooted and intertwined with her anger for herself. Maybe if she was different this wouldnt have happened....Maybe
The mind is so complex when your based. 32 levels. Welcome to my world. --Lil B
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Swag like I'm marrow, in my bones. Swag in my bones. Bone Marrow Swag. -- Lil B
Shouts out to Lil B "The Based God".
Vega

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:30 am

"I hate to do this. I know it'll attract some attention. But I have no choice." said Chelsea after she finished packing. She opened the window and jumped out. Then she bolted for the bus stop. She had enough cash to get her to the next town. After that, she'd be on her own.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mister » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:42 am

OCC: i hope that i'm not intruding! all posts have been awesome! enjoyed read'n em.

IC: Cain Adams stood like a tall lean cut stone upon the plush carpet of his office. The wall of large windows before him gave him a spectacular view of the city below. Bright lights, shining brilliantly from the city below, lit his smooth features. Cain's mind was troubled, yet focused, like a predator out-witting a clever prey.

a soft knock resounded from the large wooden doors to his back and a tall slender woman in a ankle length woman's suit, tailored to fit neatly and comfortably, stepped into the room. she laid a stack of folders upon the desk by the door and cleared her throat.

Cain half turned to look a her, his cold eyes meeting her's. he let out a breath he'd been holding for some time and asked, "Anything to report?" His voice was deep but smooth and alluring. The woman, Miss. Francine Da'Clace, nodded curtly and replied. "Several more 'Unwindings' have been filed as Missing in Operation. It seems some clients have disappeared before the operation could be started, they haven't received the mark yet."

Cain turned again to the large windows and waved Miss. Da'Clace from the room. With an absent mind he fingered the collar bone hidden beneath his thousand dollar suit, where his own Unwinding brand remained hidden. The sheer terror of the night they had come for him, to dismantle his body, ran afresh in his mind. He had ran from them after they had branded him, at the time he'd been 16, a genius in school, but apparently his schooling was too taxing on his parents.

Cain's fist slammed into the thick glass window before him as tears streamed down his face, he'd hide his mark, and he'd use the power and wealth he'd gained to eliminate those enforcing this abominable act called "legal" by the government. He'd make sure that no one else had to cower in fear as they waited to be, "Processed". But until then Cain's anger would boil in his soul and fuel his actions.
Mister

Postby Nami » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:01 am

OOC: Rock, on thing. The tattoo is a hand being unwound. ^^ like yarn.

Awesome posts guys! I know there isn't much feeling in mine, because I had 5 minutes left on my library timer >>; and I had to go. Ahahah.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:41 pm

OOC: Sorry bout that. I thought a barcode seemed more futuristic.
Chelsea looked at a necklace with St. Michael on it. It was all she had of her mother, who was unwound soon after she was born. She sighed and said a prayer. If St. Michael could fight dragons, sure he'd be able to help her out.
"Well, here's the bus."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mister » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:25 pm

Cain whirled around from the window and paced swiftly to the mahogany desk and opened his laptop. the screen blared into life as files of number, names, and locations re-sized onto his desktop. he pulled up a small file he had received via e-mail a few hours earlier. he opened a word document and read the article header aloud to himself. "Unmarked and Wound Up" he scrolled down further and began to read.

"the number of vanishing Unwinds has risen in the past few years, police and FBI agents report finding only a few missing persons. 'we've a theory that there is someone harboring these runaways, and even kidnapping them before their marked and even after. i mean people don't just disapear' - police chief Hank Erricson of L.A. says in a short interview, but no evidence has been found to support this theory, nor is it a popular topic amongst the politicians..."

Cain stopped reading the article, supposedly from a large newspaper journalist in New York. Cain checked his watch, it was getting late, and he had a lot to do tonight. He turned the laptop off and shut the lid, stowing it int he large drawer of his desk. he pulled the hard drive from the port and placed it in his jacket pocket. if anyone checked his laptop, they'd find nothing, it was totally cleaned out.

he paged an attendant to call his limo, and then left the office. Miss. Da'Clace stood as he walked by her and said. "Good Night Mr. Adams, God Bless." Cain froze by the door and without turning muttered. "why didn't your God bless me when i was betrayed by my family?" Cain walked swiftly from the room. Francine sighed, she was one of the only who knew his past, his reaction hurt her heart. "Oh, Cain" she whispered, "how long will you let your heart be hard towards God?" Francine bowed her head at her desk as she closed everything up for the night and prayed in her heart.

"Father, be with Cain, his cause is Noble, but his Heart is Wicked. Protect him from what is to come! don't let the Adversary win in his life!"

(OCC: how do we in the future make contact with each character? it should be planned by both correct?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby firestorm » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:53 pm

water splashed across the surface falling back into the inch deep but block long makeshift river of a alleyway, perfectly timed with a series of familiar sounding thumps and clanks.

Ni la nieve ni la lluvia (Neither Snow nor Rain...)

A blur of a boy rushes through. He hurdles over a trash can, dodges what seemed like a red and black motorcycle, then wall climbs up a wall to fire escape runs up the 1st flight then jumping off the rail grabs onto a pole and swings himself to another higher fire escape then runs up up the roof.

ni el calor ni la oscuridad de la noche (Nor heat nor gloom of night)

Alex brushes his face of the rain water stinging his eyes which is barraged again as soon as harms get back to full swinging motion. He slides under pipes and hurdles from one building to the next adjacent one a rather inclined building with an angular rooftop. He feels his legs burning from sprinting across miles of pavement and potholes. He gets a quick overview of the neighborhood quickly before taking a leap of faith through the window of an unoccupied office building.

se mantiene a estos mensajeros de la realización rápida de sus rondas designados. (stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.)

It's what they taught him to remember during those nights when he's run longer than his thighs can endure. When he's run so much the new skin under his cuts has scars. When he's about to jump a gap thought impassable because the fate of many depends on the information he carries and tonight is just as important.

Si no estoy en el tiempo aquí, voy a ser tarde en cada parada hasta el cementerio. Me matan seguro! (If I am not on time here, I will be late at each stop up to the cemetery. They'll kill me for sure!) He thinks to himself as he reaches the office mail room and jumps down it's dark mail chute. His back sliding on the cool metal vent. He takes the moment to think back to a few minutes ago:

Esa motocicleta de rojo y negro! ¿Quién es lo suficientemente loca como para la unidad en un callejón? Yo pude han metido herido. (This red and black motorcycle! Who is it sufficiently crazy to drive in an alley? I could have gotten hurt!)

Landing in a garbage dump he quickly realized it wasn't a mail room he was in.

Ugh basura! :( (Ugh! trash! :( )

Alex jumps out of the trash and makes sure he has everything the boss gave to him.

OK soy bueno. Espero que no otros eventos desgraciado ocurren esta noche ( Ok I'm good. I hope that no other unfortunate events occur tonight)

He shuddered at the thought then rocketed at a sprinting pace out the building and down the next alley to an unusually busy street.

(OOC: if the spanish is bad sorry. I used an online translator XD)
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Vega » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:01 pm

-Ashley-

She was tired of just sitting around. It was time to take initiative! She reached into her pocket and took out 3 dollars and a few pennies. It was time for a new start.
She ran out of the ditch and found herself in an alley. She slowley skulked down the alley looking side to side.
Her paranoia became to grow and she felt like turning back but she felt like this was something she had to do! A higher beckoning.
She finally reached the street and then saw a bus at the corner. A girl was going on it and this was her big break!
She then sprinted to the bus entrance!
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Vega

Postby rocklobster » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:35 am

Chelsea turned to see a girl run onto the bus and deposit the fare.
"Well, someone's in a hurry." she joked to the new arrival.
OOC: That's you, Vega.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Nami » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:03 am

OOC: I said intro's... Ok, I'm fine with your posts. But lets let Lil'Ninja and Seraph get their posts in. K guys? As another note, PLEASE READ EVERYONE'S POSTS so that nothing gets confusing! Make sure you read it and know before posting. Thank you. (This hasn't happened yet, but I'm going to try and prevent it.)

A theme song for our Unwinds; Rooftops - Lost Prophets.

OK Rock, but I specifically said what the tattoo was in the New RPG thread.

@Mister:
the air around her shimmered and she vanished
Is she an angel? I don't mind Angels, but I don't like to play around with them. ^^ If she were just human that would be better. I'm trying to keep this fairly down to earth. Also, the point of a Roleplay is that only the story-line is planned out. You decide who to meet where etc. So if you really want to meet somebody you'll have to make them interact. Currently its nighttime. (Apparently) So, see what you can work with. Maybe you could interact with Amara?

IC: Amara stepped out into the dark streets and shivered. He glanced around making sure he was alone and then silently walked down the street to the meeting-place. He stepped into the rusty building and the bulb flickered above his head.

"Finally, geez Johnson, we thought you chickened out." One of the gang boys said grinning. Amara pushed his brown-blonde hair from his face and shook his head, "I'm no coward." he said calmly.

"Good." The guys smirked, "let's do this then." They shoved past Amara, he moved into the group of twenty guys. His rainbow eyes shifted over them all as they walked. The dark streets provided perfect protection for the pack of teens.

"Ok, the job is simple," the boss turned, "take the money, shoot the man, get out." He chuckled, "this'll teach that old geezer." He pounded a metal pole in his hand. Amara blinked. He knew they intended to kill the guy but he hoped he could stop it. They turned the corner and there sat the mansion. The kids snuch to their positions and when they were ready a crescendo of sound exploded in the night air. Glass shattered and fell to the lawn and street. The teen jumped through the shattered windows and most of them went immediately to the vault.

Amara moved up the steps, unnoticed by the rest of the gang and he peeked into a room, not the right one. He cursed and kept searching.

"What'cha lookin' for Johnson?" Amara froze at the sneering voice.

"The old man sleeps here."

Amara turned and saw the gang leader standing by a double-doored bedroom. He hissed, knowing how stupid he had been to think it would be one of the single-doors. "Wanna see him?" the leader asked chuckling. Amara nodded, his black hood falling further over his face. He walked up to the leader and the teen opened the door and in the dark room was a bed. Amara moved silently too the bed nad looked down. His heart skipped a beat. An older man lay in the bed sleeping. The sound of a gun being cocked made him turn.

The leader sneered, "Take this you old fart." He held the gun up and aimed at the old man. Amara lunged and grabbed the leader's hand yanking the gun from him.

"No you can't!" He said glaring furiously. Not that the leader could see.

"Oh, somebody's a goody-two-shoes." Suddenly two more gang members were in the room and they both had guns. "Listen Johnson, I don't want it to go down like this..." he put his hands up while he talked, "but if you don't either give me the gun or shoot the man yourself I'll kill you."

Amara's blood froze, one of the guys walked closer and put the gun right to Amara's skull. "Do it." he growled.

Slowly, Amara closed his eyes and slowed his racing heart. Some time ago he had been taught how to control his emotions, how to slow and access a situation and then act on instincts. His eyes flew open and the gun blaze, shooting the gangster with the gun to his head, then the one with the other gun. Without another thought he shot the leader. The gun shots woke the older man and he looked at Amara, his eyes wide with fear.

"W-w-who are you?" he stammered. He flicked on the lights. Amara dropped the gun and put his hands up. Suddenly the police were surrounding the house and making arrests faster than they could blink. Ten police ran into the bedroom and aimed guns at Amara then he was in hand-cuffs and being forced into a police car. He felt something kick inside of him, he should have run. Amara let out an annoyed breath and leaned his head back. This was going to be a mess.

He overheard one of the cops mutter; "Geez, this kid is messed up, did you see his eyes?!" He smirked a bit, that was at least funny.

After a long and annoying night of trying to explain what had happened, his parents got to see him. Of course they were furious, especially his mother though. His father looked disappointed as his mother ranted about all the things she had done for him. Amara knew that if she could, she would have slapped him.

"Mr and Mrs. Johnson, we have an alternative." One of the police said, keepign his hand on his gun. "Useless kids like this could be unwound and put to better use."

Mr. Johnson looked panicked, but Mrs. Johnson nodded curtly. "Fine, I don't want to see his ungrateful face ever again!" she snarled.

"But honey.." Mr. Johnson protested. "Not another word Henry! Now show me the papers and we'll get this over with." Mrs. Johnson turned to Amara, "I hope you rot for the rest of your life." she snarled and marched away.

Amara looked out from under his hood at Mr. Johnson who stared back, then slowly he turned and left. Amara grabbed the bars and pressed his face to them watching his parents walk away.

"Tough break kid." one of the other men in the other cell said. Amara moved away and sat on the bench. He closed his eyes and waited. He wasn't sure how long he waited, but soon enough the tattooist came in and he shedded his hoodie and shirt, the man tattooed his shoulder, the dark purple hand with a blue thread peeling away from the spiral that represented the lines in human hands. "There." The tattooist left. Amara felt tears burning his eyes, the tattoo burned his skin and he couldn't even manage to pull his shirt back on. He sat on the cold cell floor trying not to cry. After one night, he was able to pull his shirt and hoodie back on.

On the fifth day, the juvey-cops came. "C'mon kid." they said, unemotionally. Amara stood as they cuffed him and walked him out toward the bus. He saw other desperate faces in those windows, something tugged at his heart and he knew he couldn't go through with this. Suddenly Amara was a wild animal, he kicked in the juvey-cops knee-caps and took their guns, they were only tranq guns. He shot the driver who passed out immediately and he threw open the bus doors, he shoved the juvey-cop from the bus and looked at the other kids.

"LET'S GO!" he shouted. The whole bus exploded as kids pushed their way out the tight aisle and into the dirty streets. The cops screamed and shot, some hit the kids. But most of then, ten at least made it to the woods and disappeared. Amara fled away from the scene, he knew where he had to go. He ripped through the forest and busted out onto the other side of town. He raced down the street and disappeared around a bend.

OOC: Perfect for anyone who has new characters, they can run into Amara!

IC: Anjali, after a long night of running was exhausted. She hauled herself down the street, too tired to care about anything. Until she saw a guy coming toward her at full speed. Her eyes widened but her body wouldn't move, she was drained.

OOC: That's you Firestorm ^_^
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Lil_Ninja » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:27 am

OOC: Here I go!

IC: A flash of red and black was all Kleo was on her motorcycle, speeding down the street, dodging cars, going so fast she hardly had time to react.
Under her helmet, her eyes blurred with tears. She knew she should slow down, especially since it had started raining, but somewhere inside of her, she almost wanted to crash. In her eyes, there was nothing to live for now. She was an outcast. Abandoned.. Where was she going anyway? She didn't know.

As her mind was off at another place, a teen raced in front of the motorcycle, causing her to swerve, almost wrecking into a car. She lost control, swerved again, dodged through traffic, jumped the curb and almost ran another teenager over.
She jumped off of the bike, shaking like a leaf, even more tears flooding her face. She took her helmet off, set it on the bike, and ran her hands through her short burgundy hair. There was no point in wiping the tears from her eyes, because it was starting to rain harder, and her face was getting wet from rain anyway. She walked to the front of the bike where the man was.
"I-I.." Her voice was trembling. "I'm sorry!" She extended her shaking hand to help him up. "Are.. Are you alright?" She asked. She knew she probably looked like a mess on the edge of an emotional melt down, but at this point, she didn't care. Not about her appearance, not about the cars that might have gotten in a wreck because of her, not about anything. She was beyond any emotion she had ever felt before. Her whole world had collapsed around her, leaving her to pick up the pieces and start over.

OOC: haha.. Poor Amara.. Almost getting run over.

~~~~

Laurence Cunningham was having a rough day. Him and his friends had started out with a brilliant plan to break in this old, filthy rich, geezer's house and steal the money in his vault. Seems flawless, right? Well..

"Benjamin, we need your help with this one! Your role is vital! Look, I promise not to ask you to go on any more big schemes, but we need-no, I need you for this." Laurence had been trying to convincing his twin brother to go along for an hour now, and it wasn't looking promising.

"That's exactly what you said last time, Ren." Benjamin told him, calling him by his nickname. "I won't put my butt on the line just to help your punk friends. I refuse this one." He was not going to budge on this one. In the past, he would always give in when his brother asked him for his help, but this was crossing the line.

Laurence huffed. "Fine, Benji!" He growled. "I don't need you anyway." He narrowed his eyes at him, and left him there in the alley as he ran off to join his friends.

"Laurence! It's about time!" Rex, the gang leader, had already gathered everyone up. "We're just waiting for Johnson to show. Then we'll start the chaos." He told him with an evil grin.

Laurence nodded.
He could hear someone approaching, and then one of the guys talking.

"Finally, geez Johnson, we thought you chickened out." One of the guys said at the arrival.

"I'm no coward." Johnson had replied.

Laurence narrowed his eyes and smirked. "Good." His voice deepened with mischievous intent. "Let's do this then, shall we?"
The group was on their way down the street now. Rex was debriefing them on the plan, but Laurence's mind drifted off. He already knew the plan. His thoughts landed on his brother. Maybe he was right?..
Before he could expand on that thought, they were rushing into the mansion. He immediately started searching for the vault with a few guys.

"It's behind a painting, guys." He told them, as he knocked paintings off the wall.

"Got it!" One of the guys said, throwing the painting to the side.

Laurence pushed him to the side. "Excellent." He was a valuable asset to the gang because of his amazing ability to crack safes. Though this one was proving to be difficult.

"Come on, man! You're losing your touch." The guys teased.

He hissed a "Shhh!" At them as he heard the sweet sound of the vault lock clicking open.
Before they could enjoy the moment, they heard the dreadful sound of police cars.
Everyone scattered, grabbing as much money as they could.

The police burst in the door and Laurence was the first to go down. It was all over now.
He huffed.
His blood turned cold when he heard gunshots. "Rex!" He yelled, spinning back to the building. Something happened! But he couldn't find out what. The police were hauling him away and shoving him into the car.

~~

Several hours later, he was in a jail cell, and his parents were staring at him with displeased eyes. His brother was there too, but the only look he had was regret.
His father was lecturing him.
"What do we have to do? Lock you in your room until you turn 18 so we can be free of you?!" His father had his arms folded, and his mother was pacing in front of the cell.
"I did not raise my children to be delinquents!" She shouted.
"Laurence, you are forcing our hand, just know that." Someone was standing behind them now. A tattooist. Laurence's eyes widened.
"You can't do this to him!" Benjamin shouted, grabbing his father's arm. "Please!" He begged. He was backhanded, knocking him to the ground.
Laurence shouted, reaching out to his brother. He wanted to break these bars and go to his brother, and apologize for not listening to him. But he couldn't.

His parents had to drag Benjamin away kicking and screaming. The whole scene made Laurence want to cry. This was all his fault. Would they do the same to Benjamin? He doubted it. They liked him.

In a blur, he was tattooed, a day had passed, and he was on a bus headed for his destruction. And he couldn't do anything about it.

He watched as someone familiar was being brought to the bus. Amara. From the gang. Poor guy..
Something unthinkable then happened. Amara took down the guards, and let everyone escape. Laurence was racing through the streets, taking back ways only few knew about, and before he knew it, he had lost them.
Before he knew it, he had tripped over a girl that was on the sidewalk. He toppled over from the collision, breathless. He lay on the sidewalk, panting for breath. How far had he run? He didn't know. But at least he was free. He slowly got up, looking at the girl.
"Forgive me." He started reaching his hands out to help her, but it dawned on him that he was still handcuffed. He withdrew his hands fearfully. Was she going to run to the cops? He couldn't take that chance.
"Please.. I won't hurt you.. I.." He was at a loss. And it seemed she was too. She looked like she was about to collapse from exhaustion. "Are.. You alright?"
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Nami » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:48 am

OOC: Whoooa, that was sweet posting job Nin! Ok, I'll reply but then I gotta wait for Seraph. Don't be shy people, there are plenty of unwinds. But slow down you posts. On post per day until Seraph posts OK? I don't want to leave him behind! Then when he posts we can keep going, but no running full speed ahead and leaving anyone behind.

IC: Amara stopped just in time not to be run over by the bike, but fell over at the same time. "Whoa." he looked at the rider who jumped off and shook, after removing the helmet he was a little startled to see it was a girl. She looked terrible, like someone who had been crying for a while. He put his slim and calloused hand into hers and pulled himself up. "Thanks. I'm fine." He looked behind him 'Was that Laurence?'

"Hey, can I ride on the back of you bike?" he asked looking her directly in the eyes as the rain poured tears from the heavens.

---------------------------

Anjali felt the impact and somehow the boy who had been running missed her, she wondered if he had seen this guy run right into her. She looked up at him through her dark hair that was now completely tangled. She noted his cuffs and tried to stand up but her legs were weak. "I-I'm ok." she said. "Could you help me?" she asked weakly. "I can't get up..." Her hazel eyes were bloodshot from tears and exhaustion. Rain crashed over their heads and she looked up into the clouds. "And I won't tell anyone." she nodded toward his cuffs. Anjali smiled nervously and wondered if this guy would help her as the rain started to soak her hair.

OOC: Ok, I tried not to make it huge because of my last post. ^^;
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby firestorm » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:49 am

Nami (post: 1411027) wrote:IC: Anjali, after a long night of running was exhausted. She hauled herself down the street, too tired to care about anything. Until she saw a guy coming toward her at full speed. Her eyes widened but her body wouldn't move, she was drained.

OOC: That's you Firestorm ^_^

Alex just barely dodged her faint body. Avoiding a head on collision he successfully planted his left foot on the ground in front of her then shifted his weight while spinning around her. This is about the only thing he owes to watching American football. Silly Americans, they hardly kick the ball in their game.

alex continued down the cobblestone Alley the dashed to one side alley and, back against the concrete wall, looked over onto the busy street. He noticed several unwind-legal teenagers getting on a bus 2 of which were female. He shuddered at the thought of how many of his friends were shuttled across the border from Guatemala ultimately to america to these "Harvest" camps. All fooled into thinking they we're adopted by a senator.

"No llegues a conclusiones Alex." (Do not jump to conclusions Alex) He warned himself. "Sólo porque es un autobús lleno de jovenes no significa que es un autobus por un "Harvest Camp"" (Just because it's a bus full of teenagers doesn't mean it's a harvest camp bus.)

Alex looked back down the dark dingy alleyway. Having slowed down to a trickle, he brushed the rain from his face again. he saw the girl still heaving trying to catch her breath along now with another. they had the face of exhaustion, one that Alex knows all to well. he walked over to them and pulled out 2 water bottles out of his messenger bag and handed it over to them.

"Agua"(water) he said with a smile. Smiling was the least he could do he saw alot of kids running lately and many had the same exact face they were making. The face of sadness, confusion, and hurt. He had to help them somehow.

Alex continued to scan the area. he noticed next to him was a homeless man in rags and a red hat sitting indian style. the homeless man smiled and jutted his rusty tin cup at him insinuating that he needed money a cockroach crawled out of his cup.

Disgusted by this and the horrid odor errupting from the man's mouth. Alex looked back to toward the busy avenue keeping an eye on the bus.

"¿No dolía mantener un ojo sobre el mismo". (It would not hurt to keep an eye on it?) Alex thought to himself. Alex then turned back to the homeless man and motioned to poor man's hat and then a $20 that now appeared in his hands. The old man agreed to the transaction and did the irish jig to the nearest fast food restaurant while Alex put on his hat to get ready.

Then as he was walking out the alleyway being as casual as possible... he heard expolsions come from a couple streets over. All of a sudden people started shoving toward the door of the bus, panicing, running down the streets to see what happened. Alex knew in an instant that bus would fill up quickly.

He then turned back to the exhausted ones and asked hurriedly in his best spanglish.

"Ju... go dis other bus? yes?"

EDIt: sorry lil ninja all these posts came up while I was posting and I didn't notice ya XD Lol the 2 people exhausted from running meets up with the guy pretty much built for it XD. funny lols :D

OOC: Now I'm confused was the person crashing into you supposed to be Alex or Laurence? ACK! All 3 of us has meetup now!
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Mister » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:17 am

OCC: i'll change my post about Miss. Da'Clace. she'll be human. sorry Nami.

Cain stared hard at the pictures of the delinquents arrested for breaking into a mansion. he read through the files as his limo sped down the streets, it had been a day sense he'd read the article.

what interested him about these kids were two who had been tattooed already. as he rode in the limo he began to formulate a plan to rescue these two from the Unwinding facility, and introduce them to the safe houses he'd prepared.

Cain sat back and relaxed in his limo, he was stressed out. newly elected Senator Abram Charles was being stubborn towards his negotiations on his new stealth suit prototype. on the other hand General James Shepherd was somewhat suspicious of his speed in rising to power within the company. so he had to not only convince a skeptical Senator that his product would deliver what he proposed, but he also had to prove to a Military War Dog that he was legitimate and that his prototype was worth funding and purchasing if tests went well.

the one good aspect was that if all went well and he received the funding he wanted, though not necessarily needed, he could put it to practice on spiriting away the unwinds from the facilities. but first he had make sure that his relations with the new Senator and the Old Dog went well. his fists tightened as he gripped the file in his hands, "hold on a while longer boys," Cain thought to himself, 'I'll end all this legal terrorism."

the limo pulled smoothly into a privatized Warehousing district and ground to a stop in front of an older warehouse. it was shabby on the outside, unkept, and falling apart. but it was what was inside that was of importance to Cain, as he passed through the small service entrance the scenery changed drastically. the trashed hull which was the warehouse was only a cover for the smaller warehouse constructed inside.

Cain punched a code into an access panel for a large metal door. the door swung soundlessly inward, revealing a large space around the size of the original warehouse size, only slightly smaller. fifty heads turned to greet Cain's entrance with alert eyes and hands to their weapons. Cain raised a hand and they all visibly relaxed, realizing that it was their leader. Cain approached the fifty men, he had hired a master at military training to train each of them from hopeless, future-less, unwinds into an able bodied task force of five teams.

they worked swiftly together, each team operated like a single body, and all teams operated with each other like separate pieces to a single clock, completely harmonious. Cain approached Delta Squad's captain, a street wise, ex-pickpocket. "Dominic, i've a mission for your squad and Charlie Squad." Cain spoke clearly to Dominic, not caring if the others heard, "there have been some runaways, unwinds who were able escape the mark for the most part. i want you to locate them and keep a close eye on them. do not them be harmed nor captured. lethal force is at your discretion."

Cain shook the man's hand and turned to leave as the sounds of twenty preparing men echoed behind him. outside it began to rain and the ride home was serenaded by the sounds of rain drops hitting his limo roof.

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

-Important Post-

Postby Strafe » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:30 pm

OOC: On to the boring, normal everyday life of Jason... Though I would leave a villain spot open... Just in case, you know... Something happens...

And SUPER LONG POST. Its actually too long to write a synopsis within this post. I'll have to double post since it would be over 10000 characters. Its an important post if you care about the characters though... even though you probably don't...

-Jason-

He went down to the kitchen, where his mother was preparing to put a pan of lasagna in the oven. It seemed he was too late to be of any use, but that was fine.

"Oh! Jason, I'm sorry. I thought you were up in your room studying, so I didn't want to bother you with helping me," Jason's mother said, smiling sympathetically when she saw her son with a slight look of disappointment.

Jason shrugged. "Oh no. Don't worry about it. I'll just help tomorrow. But I see it's lasagna. Julia's favorite."

His mother's smile faded quickly and she looked away uncomfortably. "Hm." She changed the subject in the same breath, brushing the strands of hair from her eyes. "So, are you doing well in school?"

Jason looked at her, slightly irked. "Yes, I'm doing well in my classes, but why did you change the subject?"

"What?"

"I was talking about Julia, then you randomly stepped in and asked me about school."

"Well? How is school?"

"It's fine, I told you already."

"Then what's the problem?"

Jason narrowed his eyes in bewilderment. "No. What's your problem? Why are you acting like Julia doesn't even exist?"

"Jason. Don't talk to me like that. You know better than to patronize your mother," She calmly replied.

Jason was fuming by now, frustrated and confused. Had Mom and Julia gotten into a fight? How bad was it, he wondered.

Then as if fate had conspired against all of them, Julia appeared at the doorway, smirking. She heard the entire exchange from upstairs, and wasn't going to take it. Not that she would show any emotion than smug amusement.

"Oh, Hi Mom, bye Mom, I'm going out with some friends. See ya."

Jason waved slowly, slightly afraid of what that meant. Their mother didn't even look at her daughter as she walked pointedly out of the house. Instead, she looked away, as if nothing was there.

Nothing was there.

---

Julia got in the car, and didn't turn on the engine. She huffed, unsure whether or not to be angry, sad, or happy. Whether to cry, scream, or laugh in bitter irony. She stared at the car mirror, at her pretty face, the faint eyeshadow, the newly applied streaks of red in her brown hair. No emotion, none could be let out. She could not show weakness to anyone. If her parents didn't want her, she didn't need them. She didn't want to have anything to do with them.

She would probably be unwound soon enough. She knew the signs. Her parents already did not acknowledge her existence. The disownment would come. It was probably already there. All that was really left now was for the documentation would be destroyed. And then she would no longer be human, and she was never there. Julia had seen her birth certificate, her baby pictures, pictures of herself as she grew over the years. What did that mean anyways? Was she ever born? What piece of paper could dictate if she was alive or not? No. She was already long dead, and she knew it. She was dead before she was born.

When people were unwound, they died. Their parts were still "alive", but the empty shells leftover had no soul. The laughter, tears, fears, love, all that made any of the unwinds human was destroyed mercilessly, gone forever. 99.44% of their bodies lived, and they were 100% dead.

And she knew there was no use fighting. It was meaningless now. She could not fight for her life, and she could not fight the entire system. The Government could not be overthrown. She could not escape, and she had nowhere to go.

So She looked at her hand. It was finely shaped, she knew. She kissed it, blessing it for the person who would inherit it, what joy they might have to be able to grasp things again. She did the same for her legs, how they would provide strength to walk for one who could no longer do so. She blessed her entire body, and what it would become for someone else. Then she cried for the hands that would never hold her own husband's, the breasts that would never nurture her own child's. But it meant nothing anymore. And when she was finished crying, she felt nothing. And she was now dead.

When she had let go of her body, she drove off one last time to meet with her friends. Tonight, she would drink to her death.

---

The dinner table was quiet. Eerily so. His father said nothing. His mother said nothing. Jason said nothing. The sky had grown dark outside, and only a single lamp over the table glowed dimly. The house seemed to sigh in depression. They ate in silence for 30 minutes until Jason finished.

"Thanks, mom."

Jason's Mom nodded in silence as he took his plate to the sink, and walked up the stairs to his room. He laid down on his bed, and stared at the ceiling for a long time.

Then he finally said it out loud. "Unwind." The word tasted filthy, and he had the urge to rinse his mouth out. But he didn't, and he said it again, to reassure that it was indeed a real word with a real meaning. He had heard of it in school, and the surrounding political issues about it. Only from a cold passive view.

Even so, he hated the idea. That people would be cheapened, judged by their worth. It was disgusting, watching men play God, saying who could live, and who could not. Though he excelled in the sciences, he was not lied to. The Unwinds lost their individuality, becoming numbers. And so they lost who they were. They died.

But suddenly the reality wasn't so cold and passive anymore. Not since one kid had mentioned his sister and unwind in the same sentence. Suddenly, it started becoming more real and real. The only thing that kept it from his mind was knowing that his parents still loved them and wouldn't do anything wrong.

Now, Was that true anymore? Was it? Why? Why?

Why?

Slowly, he drifted to sleep.

---

The girl stumbled back onto the driveway that belonged to the Steinbecks. Trey had driven her home. She could barely stand, and she could hardly see. She felt weak, but everything seemed nice. Everything seemed right. She somehow managed to open the door and walked into the Steinbecks' house. It was midnight.

Up went the stairs that were no longer her own. Mr. and Mrs. Steinbeck's lights were on, it sounded like they were talking about something serious. No one called out to say hello.

"Hello!" she yelled. No answer. She laughed heartily.

She walked to the room that belonged to the Steinbecks' deceased daughter, but turned on the way. Jason Steinbeck's room was still open. She walked in.

On the bed was Jason. Just this afternoon, he had gone with his sister to the guitar shop. Just this afternoon, he had snuck into his sister's room to read her diary before he was caught. Just this evening, he had waved goodbye when she left for the last time. Too bad Julia Steinbeck was dead. She smirked.

She touched his face emptily. It looked like his Sister's somewhat. The curves of his visage resembled someone she once knew.

A slight tinge of something brushed from inside the girl's chest. But she didn't know what it was.

Jason tossed and turned slightly, to get rid of whatever was on his face. The girl pulled her hand back. Jason stilled, again softly breathing. The tug at her chest grew slightly stronger.

The girl looked up at Jason's desk, on it was a baby picture of him holding hands with his older sister. The tug at her chest began to ache. The ache had a name. What was it?

Jason began to squirm again. The pain at her heart pounded furiously. What was it called? It had a name! She knew it well! Where was it? The girl tore at her hair in frustration, for she could not remember what the pain was.

Then a whisper from Jason's lips.

"Julia..."

"Oh right. It's called love," thought Julia. She began to weep.

---

Jason awoke to the sound of sobbing, and then the sharper smell of alcohol. He sat up. The clock read 12:34 and his Sister was in his room, crying. He hadn't seen her cry in years. Yet here she was. But she seemed old, different. It wasn't just that she was wasted. Something had died. He wiped his eyes, and the dead woman was still there.

"Julia?"

She looked up at him and smiled through the tears that ran down her face. It was not happy, It was not sad, it was not tired. It was everything. It was every emotion that Julia had ever felt. It was love.

"Jason... Can you protect me?"
Strafe

Postby Strafe » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:31 pm

OOC: I'm feeling a little down after writing this. But here's your synopsis if you don't really care for Jason and Julia. Sorry for the double post, but this doesn't fit into the post above.

Jason tries to talk to his mother about Julia to find that his Mother refuses to acknowledge her existence. Julia hears this, and storms out of the house. She concludes that she is certainly going to be unwound, and contemplates the meaning of that, finding that unwinding is murder because it causes the death of the soul. She accepts her fate, and blesses her body that whoever inherits her parts would be brought strength. Then she mourns her childlessness. From there, she goes off to drink to her death. Jason also contemplates unwinding, finding that unwinding is murder because of the loss of individuality, and falls asleep trying to persuade himself that Julia will not be unwound.
Julia returns home later, viewing her self as a non person in a strangers house, seeing that the stranger's daughter had just died. She is completely detached. But then she sees Jason, and the detachment begins to slip as she sees him and his room, and through that, her own life. A mysterious tug at her heart grows stronger until she breaks down in tears when Jason mumbles her name in his sleep, where she identifies the mysterious pain as love. Jason wakes up at Julia's sobbing, and Julia pleads for him to reaffirm his promise from earlier in the day to protect her.
Strafe

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:32 pm

OOC: I'm waiting for Vega and my new character to be approved before I post again.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lil_Ninja » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:12 am

OOC: Thaanks, Nami! X3

IC: Kleo was taken aback by the man's request. "You want to ride on my motorcycle after I almost ran you over?" She said in an almost humored tone, her voice still shaking a little. She started thinking about it.
I don't even know this guy.. But.. Perhaps his friendship would come in handy later? Friends would be nice right about now.. As she looked deep into his colorful eyes, she couldn't see any harmful intent. She decided that she would ditch him if she detected any danger. She was a good judge of character, and she wasn't getting any bad vibes from this guy.
"Well.." She sighed, shrugging. "You don't seem like a creeper, so I guess you could come along." She folded her arms. There was something about him that intrigued her. "Is.. There any place in particular that you're trying to get to?"
She could still feel her emotions raging on the inside, and she knew it was evident on her face and in her voice, though she tried hiding it. But it didn't seem to bother him. Curious.. She thought, looking him over again. He seemed different than anyone she had ever met before. She wondered what it was that made him so unique. Besides his eyes, of course.

~~

Laurence smiled with relief. At least she said she wasn't going to tell. If it was true or not, it still brought relief to hear those words. He helped her up, letting her lean against him for balance. He could tell she had been crying, but he thought it wise not to mention it. "My name is Laurence, by the way." He smiled at her again.

He watched the guy approach them, extending bottled water to them. He took one hesitantly. "Gracias." (thank you) He knew some Spanish, enough to get by. It had come in handy with the gang in various situations.
He wasn't quite understanding his question though. Something about a bus? Was he asking if they were going to it?
"No entiendo." (I don't understand) He paused, looking towards the bus, then at Anjali. "Oh, uh...Yo hablo espanol." (I speak Spanish)

OOC: No problem, Fire! :D And yes, I speak a little Spanish :D
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Vega » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:11 pm

-Ashley-

She quickley turned around and saw a girl behind her.
"Oh...yeah" Ashley smiled.
Ashe then took a seat and looked at the girl.
"You can sit next to me iof you want!"
Ashleys gaze the averted to a necklace the girl waswearing. It was a beautiful!
"Nice necklace too!",said Ashley.
Vega

Postby Mister » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:17 pm

OOC: I'll be gone to church camp next week, so on Sunday i'll have my Char (Cain) go limbo :P a week long trip to Japan! XD so please don't fly to far ahead and leave me in a gutter somewhere lol.

Mister

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:38 pm

"It's St. Michael." said Chelsea. "My mom said he's always watching over us humans. That's why there's no more dragons."
She extended a hand. "Name's Chelsea. And you?"

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Strafe » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:58 pm

OOC: Now the prologue reaches it's climax. Warning. This could be disturbing if I pull it off right. Either that, or it will totally flop and cheapen the characters. This is going to be hard. Another super long post, but no synopsis. You'll have to read this one.

-Jason-

"Jason... Can you Protect me?"

Again, he wiped the sleep from his eyes, and the dead girl, the haunted apparition of his sister was still there, calling to him. Black streaks of eye-liner-stained tears ran down her face, fighting against the blood-red lipstick that screamed against her pale skin. The smile of love was a smile of twisted, convulsing hatred for the world. And the omnipresent sickly sweet smell of alcohol was the omnipresent sickly sweet smell of death.

A cold sweat started to bite at him. He needed to cool his head, before he went mad. Before...

He imagined Julia being unwound.

Her blood red lips became the river that flowed from each convulsing limb. Julia smiled in hatred at the world as piece by piece, she was dismantled like some manufactured part. The human factory that was Mother and Father were no where. Her arms were spliced off. Her legs. Her abdomen was opened. Every vital organ. She died then, but they did not stop. Every piece of her body, cut, put away. Her chest. Her neck. Like vultures, they left nothing, until all that was left was a lifeless face, pale like snow, cold as ice.

But the death still smiled. And the smile grew. A laugh was heard. A faint giggle of sheer joy, like a girl on her birthday. The smile was love. The laugh was love. Love surrounded Jason. The smile became bigger. The laugh sounded louder. Larger still. Louder still. The face grew, and the laughing resounded, pounding with his heartbeat.

He fell to the floor, eyes shut tight, clutching violently at his ears. His nails dug in, cutting into the skin. His ears started to bleed. But the laughing grew. The smile came closer. Cold sweat streamed down his back, across his face. He trembled, shaking uncontrollably. He gasped desperately for air. His mind imploded. Chaos. Blood. Julia. Un. Dismember. Wind. Vulture. Love. Blood. Smile. Love. Laughter. Julia. Unwind. Unwind. Blood. Love. Love. LOVE.

Then silence.

Jason opened his eyes, looking around to see that the face was gone, and no one was laughing. He was drenched in sweat, and slight pools of blood formed at his ears. He fell down lower to the ground, exhausted from the fear. It was gone now. His ears ached. He blinked several times to try and regain vision from the pressure that was on his eyes. Julia was still there, all of her, sleeping soundly. Her face was no longer smiling with love, but simple human weariness. He breathed a sigh of relief and stayed on the floor for several moments, unable to move. When he had enough strength, he moved to get up. He moved towards his bed to go back to sleep, looking at Julia's weary face. Her lips did not move.

"Jason... can you protect me?"

Jason screamed.

His parents rushed in to find Jason motionless on the ground. They went to him, and he did not move. "Jason! What's wrong! Did you have a nightmare or?" Jason's father asked him anxiously before he saw Julia lying down on his floor. A look of disgust came across his face. He looked away, and turned Jason over. He reeled back in shock.

On Jason's face was the happiest smile he had ever seen. His eyes popped out in glee, and his face was frozen in elation. When he turned over, he began to laugh in pure joy. Softly at first, as if he had a secret, then slowly, louder and louder, until his voice began to crack under the strain. His lips could not move. He could not form sounds. And the only thing he could see was...

A piece of paper in his Mother's hands, there were no words that he could read, but he knew what it was instantly, and he smiled even brighter. He looked to his parents, with his gleeful, expressionless face. Slowly, the faces of his parents melted, shaping, disfiguring until all he could see was two blood thirsty vultures standing at the door.

And then it all made sense.

Everything was clear. Now he knew what it all meant. Unwinding. It was beautiful, wasn't it? And that was why. That was everything.

He looked back to Julia with his grotesquely mangled face. "I will protect you." He looked one last time at her weary face, knowing that it would be the last time he would ever see it.

Then he ran out of the house, into the night. He ran for hours, days, years. The darkness enveloped him, until he became the darkness. His smile only grew larger. He became blinded by the darkness. He ran, but did not feel tired. Miles went by, worlds were traversed. There was no end to life.

Then he stopped.

The smile faded, and he could see again. Everything calmed down. Unwinding was not beautiful.

He was on a road he had never been on before. A dark road. No one was on it. No cars. No people. Just him. It made sense, somehow, so he waited. He looked up to the cold night sky. How many times had he and Julia counted the stars? He didn't remember. But it didn't matter now. Julia would wake up tomorrow, and would live. His parents would be in too much grief to send another child to their death. And that would be how he fulfilled his promise.

Perhaps tomorrow night, she could count the stars alone. Perhaps she would count him too if he became one.

The lights came. Large headlights, and the sound of death. He laid down on the road silently. There was nothing more to think, nothing more to say. No need to say goodbye. No regrets. The rumbling grew closer. He breathed slowly, indulgently. The roar made no sign of stopping. Then he closed his eyes.

For he had protected Julia.
Strafe

Postby Mister » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:41 pm

Cain closed his eyes, letting his mind drift away from the present. he could clearly see the interior of his old high school, and he could hear the mocking laughter of the other seniors, who were several years older than he. Cain took in a deep breath an held it as his memory flashed back to the times when a few high school boys would gang up on him and beat him till he couldn't cry anymore.

Cain had always been thin and frail at that time, and it wasn't until he was sixteen that he began to fill out and gain the muscle he needed to defend himself. Cain could only remember two people who had accepted him and defended him out of all the teachers and students. A girls and her twin brother, Sheila and Brent, had always took up for him when trouble started.

A sharp pain passed through Cain's heart or only an instant, a pain of remorse. near the end of their junior year of high school, Sheila and Brent were unwound. Cain had heard of others being unwound, but it was always for serious reasons like crime, or rebellion. Sheila and Brent were unwound because their father couldn't support them and his gambling habit. it was then that the hatred for unwinding sparked in his heart.

Cain's mind flew from his old high school and stopped at the day after his graduation from college, he was turning seventeen in a week. he had walked downstairs to have an early breakfast with his parents, but there was another man with a large suit case sitting at the table with them. Cain had asked who he was and his mother had broken down i tears, his father did not meet his eyes as he explained. "Son, we can't pay off your college bills on time the way things are, and we'll have to sell everything just to pay it off on time. but the college said if we had you unwound and donated your parts to research at the college lab, then they would drop the bills completely. please son, understand our position."

without warning two strong men took hold of Cain's arms and hauled him to the ground, he had no idea where they had come from but they were stronger than him by far. they turned him over and tore off his shirt, and the man at the table began to remove the tattooing equipment from his suitcase. they had marked him and transported him that day, but he had escaped somehow. Now here he was, alone in the back of his limo, only minutes from the home he'd created.

(OOC: sorry strafe lol, i hope this plays out better for every one.)

Mister

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:16 am

Joseph was in a car behind the limo Cain went into. It was time to atone, he decided. He followed closely behind, hoping Cain would be going home soon.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying