Unwind: Run To Survive

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby samurai10 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:12 pm

Crystal started. "I'm sorry! i wasn't looking! somebody's chasing me 'cause i'm an Unwind and....." She covered her mouth. Drat my big mouth! she thought miserably, as she ran out the door, hoping that none of them would try to catch her.
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby rocklobster » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Chelsea turned off the TV and smiled at the reporter.
"So, how was your day? Was it as productive as mine? Don't let my vegging out and watching the tube fool you. I got a lot done!" Chelsea beamed.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Nami » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:08 am

OOC: Samu... you need to read my post, Amara was walking her to the car ^^; I'll post soon!
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby musicaloddball » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:35 am

OOC: oops. sorry Nami.....i can't edit, so.....well, i just want to get the point across that Crystal said she was an Unwind and started running away. my bad....>_>

Edit: oops, i forgot to log out of my sister's account. *facepalm* SORRY!
musicaloddball

Postby Nami » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:57 am

OOC: XDDD That's OK aahah! I've done that before.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:57 pm

ooc: Nami, Chelsea was talking to your reporter character. I forgot his name, sorry.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Strafe » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:47 pm

OOC: Argh. I get all excited because I see a post... lo and behold, it's an OOC only post. But yay! Lil_Ninja is baaakkk!

Waiting on Kunoichi for Justine...

-Julia-

She watched the girl run off, and shrugged. She didn't matter anyways.

"So Amara..." She said, sliding into the driver's seat and rolling down the windows to alleviate the stench. "You know where to go, right?" Without waiting for an answer, she floored the pedal, and sped off onto the forest road.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby acgifford » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:17 am

Nami (post: 1437767) wrote:------

Jill slipped down and shut the door, she grabbed her flashlight and turned it on Jake, "what? Don't trust me?" she asked sarcastically and walked past him, she walked down a dark hallway, the flashlight guiding the way. "Don't worry about us, we only want to keep people safe. Honestly, we wouldn't kill you unless we had a reason." she glanced back at Jake. "Do we have a reason?" she inquired, not expecting an answer. Jill walked and walk, leading him through hall after hall, it was a maze of confusion and disorientation. Suddenly a light loomed ahead of them and Jill quickened her pace, "this is the main hall." she said, she came into the light and in this room stood a good 50 teens and pre-teens, all gabbing and laughing, fire-places lined the walls and were all lit.

"Is Devon back?" she asked one of her group members. He blinked, "I think so." He pointed at Jake, "who?"

Jill rolled her eyes, "don't ask, I need to take hm to Devon first." she murmured, she looked at Jake, "you are safe now. Do you have name?" She cocked her head, she still wasn't entirely sure this guy was stable, her guard was up but she had to call him something. "I'm Jill."

-Jake-

Jake frowned at her question but stayed quiet and followed her through the maze of tunnels. He did his best to take note of how to get back. He had trouble doing this and eventualy gave up on the idea. Finaly they reached the main hall. About time. he thought. He was very surprised to see an underground organization. He took in everything as he walked into the open space. He wouldnt be caught off gaurd. He looked for all the possible escape points. All the Things he could use for weapons. He of course tried to make sure that no one could tell what he was doing.

Jake and the girl were greeted by a man that seemed curious about Jake. It was then that Jake realized this place must be very well guarded. Crap...I guess that means I cant be sure of any ways out. I may be killed before a reach the door if I need to make a run for it. Jake let out a sigh of frustration. He figured they could probably be trusted...but then again, perhaps not.

Just then the girl seemed to be talking about the person in charge. Devon? Who is he? should I be worried?

The girl turned to him and asked his name. Should I tell her? She told me her name...Ungh. Jake looked back and forth and then to Jill. "I-It's Jake." he said not sure that he had done the right thing. What's she gonna do? She doesnt have your last name. Your fine. he thought.
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby samurai10 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:07 pm

OOC: uh, Strafe, you do know that my character took off into the woods running, right? yeah, sorry about the confusion. but yeah.
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Postby Strafe » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:40 pm

OOC: I thought you were going to edit your own post because you weren't paying attention to the thread, but if you're running away for real, then it's all good. I edited my post.
Strafe

Postby Nami » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:11 am

OOC: This is why the rule "Read all Posts" applies! Guys please read ALL posts even when you think they don't involve you. They may be important! Samu, please read all posts so no more confusion happens. Plus there are not many "Woods" around them, they are in the desert of sorts.

IC: Amara opened his mouth to catch the girl but Julia revved off before he could stop her. "AGH!" He looked over at her, "are you nuts? She needs our help." He looked back toward the girl. "Julia, she could..." he stopped speaking, knowing that she probably wouldn't care., gripping the door, he really didn't want to leave that girl behind, she wouldn't last ten seconds on her own.

Plus Amara was pretty sure that Harley hadn't been ready for them to speed off like that.
--------

OOC: Its Robert Dawson, Rock, no prob. ^^

IC: Robert opened his eyes and looked at Chelsea, "oh, my day was fairly horrible." he grumbled, shaking off his jacket. "Oh?" He asked, curious now. "What did you discover?" he dropped his jacket on the back of a chair and sat down next to Chelsea on the couch, interested in what she may have found.

-----

Anjali wrinkled her nose trying not a gag as the foul scent covered them. "Ag...that's disgusting." she muttered, her grip on Laurence tightened even after they were out of the sewer, then she realized she was still being held and she looked up at Laurence. Anjali blinked startled by his wink.

"Ok, I'm good now, thanks." She said, trying to sound polite but wanting down because of how embarrassed she felt.
-----

Jill watched Jake's calculating expressions and she knew exactly what he was thinking, she tried not to laugh because it was the way they had all been when Devon had first brought them to this sanctuary for unwinds. "Well, Jake, welcome to the Crosshape headquarters." She waved her hand around the huge room. By now they had drawn the attention of most of the teens. Jill arched a brow and watched Jake, "I don't know if Devon is back yet, but he will be happy to have another, I'm sure."

She stepped down and into the room, "you can stay here and hang or come with me if you want."

OOC: Ok guys! ^^ Sorry for the delay.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Kunoichi » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Strafe (post: 1438502) wrote:OOC: Argh. I get all excited because I see a post... lo and behold, it's an OOC only post. But yay! Lil_Ninja is baaakkk!

Waiting on Kunoichi for Justine...

-Julia-

She watched the girl run off, and shrugged. She didn't matter anyways.

"So Amara..." She said, sliding into the driver's seat and rolling down the windows to alleviate the stench. "You know where to go, right?" Without waiting for an answer, she floored the pedal, and sped off onto the forest road.

OOC: sorry dealing with some severe medical issues. I will write a post tomorrow.
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby rocklobster » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:33 am

Chelsea handed him a sheet of paper. "It's the directions to that place that the maid told me about. A place where people like me will be accepted for who we are." She tried to fight back tears. "Actually, the directions aren't all that accurate. I had to settle for the closest town. The place must be out in the boonies or something. I can kind of understand the secrecy."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby acgifford » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:57 am

Nami (post: 1438966) wrote:Jill watched Jake's calculating expressions and she knew exactly what he was thinking, she tried not to laugh because it was the way they had all been when Devon had first brought them to this sanctuary for unwinds. "Well, Jake, welcome to the Crosshape headquarters." She waved her hand around the huge room. By now they had drawn the attention of most of the teens. Jill arched a brow and watched Jake, "I don't know if Devon is back yet, but he will be happy to have another, I'm sure."

She stepped down and into the room, "you can stay here and hang or come with me if you want."

-Jake-

Jake observed Jill as she seemed to be watching him. The whole room seemed to have it's eyes on them. Jill seemed to think something was amussing, but Jake decided to not take notice of that.

"Thanks." he said without much emotion. "Thats fine." He followed Jill into the room. She gave him a choice. " I'll come with you if you don't mind." He figured he would be able to get more information by being around this girl. "When will Devon return and who is this Devon?" Jake asked in interest. He knew he should be weary about askig so many questions, but he was curious.
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Strafe » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:35 pm

-Julia-

Julia turned to Amara, annoyed. "She could what? Get unwound or something? You have that in this world too?" She laughed harshly, turning to Amara angrily. "Hey hey. You know... In my past life before coming here, I got unwound too. I had this little brother who was perfect, and I was a screw up who flunked out of school and just got drunk all the time. Not to mention what else I did."

She smiled bitterly, ruefully at her death, as the car increased in speed. "And you know, My parents didn't like that one bit. My little brother was just too perfect. He could do everything well, and nothing bad ever came from him. And so my parents got fed up, you know? They were going to unwind me. It was a funny thing. I didn't care though. I saw it coming."

She looked around annoyed, not wanting to say anything of what happened after that. That would be too much. Too twisted a tale to tell anyone. “So this and that happened, and I got unwound, and here I am now, you see? In this pseudo purgatory that I have to complete before I can go to hell.”

She sighed and smirked bitterly. “Either way. Its not like you would believe me. This world is real to you and all who inhabit it. It’s all the same really.” She checked her back mirror. “Anyways, what happened to that girl on the motorcycle?”
Strafe

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:58 pm

*Illyana*

She barely was able to get in the car after her, "You could have slowed down you know! You nearly left me!" She shoved her jacket by her feet.

She glanced at the doctor, noticing the near frantic pace she did everything, "What has you so scared?" Before Justine had a chance to answer, a thought occurred to her, "There was a man for you by the way. He stopped by your office and told me to tell you that there was use for you yet."

She shrugged. It didn't mean a thing to her.

OOC: Sorry its small. All i can manage at the moment.
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby Nami » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:21 am

Robert examined the piece of paper and then looked at Chelsea, "I know this place, I used to visit Arizona when I was younger." he smiled at the fond memories and then jerked as if he had fallen asleep. "Chelsea." he turned to her urgently, "I've heard of a place..." he hesitated, "its called the Graveyard. Its supposedly a myth, but... but I heard its a sacred place for Unwinds...if we can get you there, you'll probably never have to worry about Juvey cops again." he beamed at this idea. To keep this girl safe, that would be a major accomplishment, he hadn't done anything of much importance in his life...and this, well this was a perfect chance to make a difference.

"Want to give it a shot?"

------

Jill chuckled, "Devon Clary is the leader of Crosshape, he saved most of us from death." She looked around the room. "everyone you see, is a refugee of the law." As soon as they crossed the room filled with bedraggled and dirty teens and children, Jill turned to face Jake.

"Devon has kept us safe here. Making sure no one finds us, in return, we help him get rid of the adults who would have us Unwound." Her voice was tight and hard as ice. Her eyes glinted with a held back malice that threatened to jump through her hazel eyes (ooc: I keep forgetting her eye color!!) Then just like that it was doused and she smirked.

"I'm going to see if Devon's back." she strutted off again in the direction she had been going and came to a door made of polished wood, far too fancy for the undergrounds they lived in.

She pushed the polished oak open and inside, was a brand new group of thirty or so unwinds, waiting to get dried and given the "talk" etc. Jill wasn't even fazed by it and she walked through the group until she spotted Devon and the green in his hair that was his signature look.

"Devon." she called. His sharp emerald eyes looked up and he murmured something to a girl before standing and coming over to Jill. "Hey." he greeted, his eyes falling on Jake, they went back to Jill with a question and she looked back at Jake.

"This is Jake, I found him in an alleyway. He's one of us."

Devon nodded, he held out his hand, "pleased to meet you." he greeted. "I'm Devon, welcome to our Sanctuary, Jake."

--------

Amara stared, he heard the whole story and all he knew was that this girl was definitely crazy. She believed she was dead and apparently she thought he was nothing more than an illusion, a dream of her own design. That was why she wasn't slowing down.

"Julia." Amara said as calmly as he could, "this is real." he reached out and gently took her hand. "This world, is Earth. You are alive and so am I." He glanced at the speedometer. "Please, slow down. You may believe you are dead, but you aren't, you are alive and if you crash into something...we will both die." he stared at her, trying to capture her attention with his rainbow eyes.

"Julia, despite what you may think, Harley and I are real, and that girl...that girl needs us. We have to go back and get her. We can't leaver her, please...you can make things right." He whispered. "Slow down, and stop the car." His voice took on a slightly steely tone but his eyes were gentle.

-----

Bethany sat in the bathroom of her work, her head spun with the impossibilities of what had taken place, that boy or teenager or whatever he had been, was right. He had told her the truth and she had followed his orders to the letter without realizing it.

Her stomach heaved and she turned quickly, dashing into a stall and puking up anything that had been in there, all those innocent lives were gone because of an Unwind. She shuddered, her body shaking from the muscles being locked. Closing her eyes she tried not to face the fears that crept up at her, everything was real and if she didn't make some sort of deal with that kid...these events would keep happening. She opened her eyes and flushed the gruesome sight down, then stood on shaky legs. She would find this teenager, and she would make him see reality.

OOC: Sorry that took forever!!
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby rocklobster » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:45 am

OOC: Whoops! Forgot to check!
Chelsea gasped, her eyes now as big as saucers. "You mean it? You'd do that for me? But we barely know each other."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Nami » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:01 am

OOC: ANNOUNCEMENT!!! IMPORTANT!! For those of you who have been WAITING for this thing to go KABOOM, Page 10 will begin the next chapter in the story! I will make a very significant post and hopefully, things will go faster, our players are in motion and things are setting up to be great! Adventure... HERE. WE. COME!

IC: Robert smiled, "I know." He looked down at his hands, his eyes becoming sad. "Its just... I've never done much to help people. And here you are, I want to help." he looked up, "I mean that. I couldn't, with a clear conscience, let you go alone." He sat up straighter, "I will help you no matter what," he held out his hand, "I promise!!"

OOC: No worries Rock XD
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Strafe » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:09 am

-Julia-

She smirked. "Well of course this is the real world. This is the only world you know. Its hilarious, actually. You're in this whole giant universe that looks exactly like my world. If I hadn't been unwound, I would think that I came back to life. The only difference is..."

She paused. "The only difference is that... Well..."

She became silent. There was no way this was real. Jason was at home in the real world, happy, living a fulfilling life. That's what she sacrificed herself for, right? She was dead. This sick purgatory was God's joke before she burned in hell for eternity. She was dead. And the Steinbecks were nice and cozy, a perfect suburban family. With a white picket fence, and

1.5 Kids.

1.5 Kids.

One kid and a half of another kid.

Jason and one half of Julia. Or Julia and one half of Jason.

Or both.

Jason and Julia were both dead. In the real world.

No. Wait. What?

Clowns. Painted smiles. Apple juice. Tea time. Hungry. Baby. Death. Car swerve. Drive Straight. Bobby Jo. Rainbow eyes. Gibson Les Paul. Blood. Trey. Happiness. Laughter. Dismembered head. Laughing. Jason. Unwind. Car swerve. Watch out for the road. Unwind. Les Paul. The road is getting really bumpy. Blood. Dismembered hand tastes like steak. Watch out. Don't crash into the tree. Don't Die. You will die for real this time. You and Jason and Amara. And there will be no purgatory this time.

Julia blacked out as the car accelerated, heading straight in the direction of a large tree.

OOC: Justine later.
Strafe

Postby acgifford » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:46 am

Nami (post: 1441866) wrote:
Jill chuckled, "Devon Clary is the leader of Crosshape, he saved most of us from death." She looked around the room. "everyone you see, is a refugee of the law." As soon as they crossed the room filled with bedraggled and dirty teens and children, Jill turned to face Jake.

"Devon has kept us safe here. Making sure no one finds us, in return, we help him get rid of the adults who would have us Unwound." Her voice was tight and hard as ice. Her eyes glinted with a held back malice that threatened to jump through her hazel eyes (ooc: I keep forgetting her eye color!!) Then just like that it was doused and she smirked.

"I'm going to see if Devon's back." she strutted off again in the direction she had been going and came to a door made of polished wood, far too fancy for the undergrounds they lived in.

She pushed the polished oak open and inside, was a brand new group of thirty or so unwinds, waiting to get dried and given the "talk" etc. Jill wasn't even fazed by it and she walked through the group until she spotted Devon and the green in his hair that was his signature look.

"Devon." she called. His sharp emerald eyes looked up and he murmured something to a girl before standing and coming over to Jill. "Hey." he greeted, his eyes falling on Jake, they went back to Jill with a question and she looked back at Jake.

"This is Jake, I found him in an alleyway. He's one of us."

Devon nodded, he held out his hand, "pleased to meet you." he greeted. "I'm Devon, welcome to our Sanctuary, Jake."

-Jake-

Jake followed Jill. She told him of Devon and what he was doing for the kids here. She stopped suddenly and turned to him. Something in her hazle eyes seemed to startle Jake. His heart skipped a few beats. He felt nervous and oddly happy in a way. He wondered what the odd feeling was but ignored it and focused on what Jill said. Jake did not respond because he wasnt sure what to say, being that Jill seemed to be on a mission.

When they entered another room, Jill went straight to a dark haired man and talked to him. Jake was left there feeling rather awkward. The man turned to Jake and greeted him. Jake was suddenly rather nervous. This is Devon? Jake thought, and shook Devon's hand. He didnt know how to respond to Devon.
"Urm...nice to meet you." said Jake awkwardly.
acgifford

Postby Nami » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:26 am

Amara watched Julia, this wasn't getting him anywhere, she was really convinced she was just a ghost or something, maybe a zombie? He shook his head and looked out the window.

"Uh, Julia..." he glanced at her, "julia?" he asked again, this time noting her eyes were blank, then they shut and he stared. "Oh..." he swore and looked out the window as the tree grew nearer.

"Crap." he snarled, thinking fast, he pulled Julia away from the wheel and slid over her, partially sitting on her as the care went far more rapidly at the tree. He bit his tongue and swerved the vehicle just in time, he pried Julia's fingers from the wheel and pushed her into the passenger seat, then slowed down the car, he brought it to a complete stop. "Darn it! Harley." he growled furiously running a hand through his thick hair. "We lost her." he muttered and looked out the window.

"Please be careful." he whispered, though he suspected she would be fine, he would meet her again. Amara looked at Julia, "now I have to get you to a safe place." he said rolling his eyes, "where no one will know you are really a psycho-killer." he started the car and continued on. Hopefully, soon, Harley would catch up to him.

-----

Jill watched Jake, he seemed...what was the word? Un-trusting of her leader, of course, this was a natural reaction to someone as daunting as Devon. His eyes made adults scream, they were so very snake like and he had been born that way.

Devon smiled, "don't need to be nervous, we are all equal here." he slapped Jake on the back, "I just saved this group from a Harvest Camp." He turned, "and my men." he waved his hand at some of the Unwinds who lined the walls, checking to make sure all the kids they rescued were O.K.

Devon's face became grim, "we did lose one." he looked at Jill and she stared back.

"You did what you could, Devon. No one asks more." she reached out to squeeze his arm, a comforting gesture, but let her hand fall. She remembered that Devon didn't like to be shown comfort.

"Right, so... yea, Jake needs our help, can he stay?"

Devon turned his unreadable face to Jake, "certainly."
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby rocklobster » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:29 pm

CHelsea couldn't control herself. "Oh thank you, Robert, thank you!" she squealed and hugged him warmly. "Good thing I travel light. Packing up will take no time at all!"

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:57 am

Harley had kept a good pace with the car, but she didn't understand why Amara and Julia left that girl. She needed their help, and they ignored her..
She slowed her motorcycle, letting the car speed ahead.
She sucked in a deep breath, and revved the bike up again, spinning it around and heading back towards the abandoned house.
As she neared it, she spotted the girl again, and pulled up to her.
"Hey, you! You're being chased, right? Why don't you come along with me? I'll help you lose them." She said to Crystal as she let her bike idle next to her, waiting for a response.

~~

Laurence set Anjali down gently. "Let's get away from this rot, hmm?" He led her away for the sewage plant and towards the city. "I know some trustworthy people by here that will take us in. They'll give us whatever we need." He turned to Alex, "Feel free to join us if you wish. If not, well.. Do what you will."

As they neared the edge of the city, Laurence took caution to keep them in the shadows and away from prying eyes. It was his specialty after all.
He led them through the maze of alleys and streets and into the bad part of town. "Keep close. We're on the Wolves territory." He whispered to Anjali, taking care to keep his eye on her.
As they neared a particularly shady looking alleyway, Laurence slowed his pace. Up ahead of them was a cluster of bad company that he wanted to avoid.
But it was too late, they spotted him.

"'Ey, look what we got 'ere!" One man with a thug appearance said as the group started to approach them like an animal stalking his prey.
"An amigo wit' his girl, yeah?" Another said as he practically had to hold his pants up.
The Wolves gang had their hats on sideways, extra baggy clothes on, tattoos and piercings everywhere, the whole deal. And they were in desperate need of belts.

"I am not your amigo." Laurence practically growled. He made sure to keep himself in between the gang and Anjali.
He took extra care to make sure his demeanor was threatening, and very intimidating. And he knew it was working on them, but they had strength in numbers, and they wouldn't quake so easily.

"Oh, that hurts, Scorpion. I thought we was pals." One said with a smile, fingering a switchblade he had pulled out of his pocket.

"Yeah, son! I thought we was pals!" A scrawnier gang member repeated with a chuckle.

Laurence's eyes darted to any sign of an escape, but none could be seen. A few others in the Wolves gang circled around back, blocking their only way out.

"You know, the other Scorpions wont be pleased when they hear about this. I suggest you let us leave before things get.. Complicated." Laurence knew very well that he couldn't take them all on, not while protecting Anjali. So a threat would have to suffice.

"Yeah? Well.." A huskier member, riddled with tattoos, stepped forth with an air of authority around him. He glanced around for effect, then took another step towards Laurence. "I don't see none of your homies around to bail you out, Scorpion." He was enjoying this a little too much. The leader knew that they outmatched this one rival gang member, and they loved it. A chance like this didn't come by them very often.

"This is your last warning, Wolf.. Scatter. Before you upset me." Laurence took a step towards the leader. He knew he was intimidating to them, being one of the high ups in the Scorpion gang, and he was trying to use it for his benefit.

OOC: I left an opening for you, Nami. Do what you see is best. :]
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby acgifford » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:57 am

Nami (post: 1442569) wrote:
-----

Jill watched Jake, he seemed...what was the word? Un-trusting of her leader, of course, this was a natural reaction to someone as daunting as Devon. His eyes made adults scream, they were so very snake like and he had been born that way.

Devon smiled, "don't need to be nervous, we are all equal here." he slapped Jake on the back, "I just saved this group from a Harvest Camp." He turned, "and my men." he waved his hand at some of the Unwinds who lined the walls, checking to make sure all the kids they rescued were O.K.

Devon's face became grim, "we did lose one." he looked at Jill and she stared back.

"You did what you could, Devon. No one asks more." she reached out to squeeze his arm, a comforting gesture, but let her hand fall. She remembered that Devon didn't like to be shown comfort.

"Right, so... yea, Jake needs our help, can he stay?"

Devon turned his unreadable face to Jake, "certainly."

-Jake-

Jake looked into Devon's fierce eyes. It was odd but he really did not trust Devon. He looked to Jill and then back to Devon. Even Jill seemed more trustworthy.

Jake listened as Devon explained who the kids were and what had happened. He seemed like he genuinly cared. The exchange between Jill and Devon was enough to tell him that. Something still seemed off. He didnt know what it was.

They had confirmed that he could stay, but again, he wasnt sure how he felt about that. Jake's face seemed blank and unreadable. He almost felt null of emotion. Indifference? Maybe.

He looked from Devon to Jill wondering what would happen next.
acgifford

Postby Nami » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:38 am

OOC: I'll PM Firestorm later and try to contact anyone else who is missing.

IC: Robert Dawson was startled by her sudden show of affection, after all, he had never really been hugged by anyone since he had been five years old. He stared down at Chelsea's head and smiled a little, it was nice to be appreciated.

He nodded, "yes, same goes for me." he patted her back and stood up. "We should get everything prepared and get out of here. Since I'm done in this city and all." he smiled.

------

Anjali glanced back at Alex, sincerely hoping he would join them, after all he was a slave of sorts wasn't he? She walked along behind Laurence though, keeping loyal to the person who had saved her first, but when they were confronted by the Wolves, her heart raced.

'Oh no... I've heard of these guys, they are brutal and stop at nothing...' Anjali was so startled to hear Scorpion, she had heard they were the rivals of the Wolves. Anjali stared at the back of Laurence's head, 'Oh my gosh... I've been traveling with a killer.' Fear struck her and she slowly backed away from Laurence, but stopped, realizing they were surrounded. 'No, no, no!!' She closed her eyes trying to hide from it all, but the mental image of a gun popped into her head and she realized, she still had that gun that one of the soldiers had dropped. Anjali's eyes flashed open, and her determination solidified.

Slowly, so as not to gain their attention (seeing as they were focused on the burly Wolf guy and Laurence) she reached for the gun that was tucked into her jeans. She pulled it out and glanced, she had never fired a gun before, but there was no time like the present.

Just as she lifted her gun and a shot rang out, she had stepped around Laurence and shot at the burly guys feet. "Back Off." She snarled, she glanced at the other gun-men who had their guns on her.

"Shoot me, and I'll just kill your leader." she growled. "Leave us alone, we are just passing through."

OOC: will bring in some scorpions next post.
-------

IC:Jill turned to looked at Jake and gave him a half-smile, "Ok! Come with me Jake, I'll show you where you can stay." She started to walk away and glanced back, "oh Devon, later I need to have a talk with you."

Devon nodded, his eyes not straying from Jake.

Jill left the room, expecting Jake to keep pace with her.

OOC: Jake can now ask questions about Devon if you want, now that they are... alone. XDD
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby samurai10 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:17 am

Crystal stumbled into the woods, what tiny bit of wood there was and breathed heavily, running like that had been hard on her body, especially since she had been running for days without many stops. Fear flickered into her blue eyes as she heard the approach of a motorcycle, she peered out her blonde bangs, dirty from days of running, fell over her shoulder in a tangled mess and saw the strange girl from the house,

"Hey, you! You're being chased, right? Why don't you come along with me? I'll help you lose them," said the girl from the house. "B-but, you know what I am." she stuttered fearfully her voice cracked a bit from the lack of water, she winced, her throat was sore, "Why would you want to help me?" Her thoughts, though panicky, searched for a solution and then the realization dawned on her, "wait a minute, are you also...?" She slumped against a tree in exhaustion. She realized she had not eaten for a long time. She would have to go with the girl, especially if she was also an Unwind. She had no other choice.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

samurai10

Postby Lil_Ninja » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:07 pm

OOC: Very nice, Nami! I can roll with that!

IC: The Wolves gang leader let out a low guttural laugh at Anjali as she threatened him with the gun. He hardly flinched at the bullet digging into the cement at his feet. "Look at this, boys! We got ourselves a fiery one!" He smiled, adding "I like them like that."
He took a long step forward and leaned against Anjali's gun barrel. "Go ahead, do it." He said in a vicious tone as he grabbed her hand that held the gun and held it tightly, so she couldn't pull the gun away from him. "You can't do it, can you? Have you even fired a gun before?" He let out a harsh laugh. "You ain't never killed no one, and you never will. I can see it in your eyes." He said as he stared at her, his eyes locked on hers.

Laurence was surprised at Anjali's actions, but he didn't let it show. He kept his macho stance intact, and his attention on Alpha, as the gang called him. "If she doesn't, I will." He growled, moving closer to them. He knew the girl would never kill him, so he took the opportunity to break Alpha's grasp on Anjali and take the gun from her. He cocked it with one hand, and held it to the brute's temple as he used the other hand to keep a firm grip on the leader's shirt. "I don't see you laughing now, wolf." He said, his face close to the leader's for an intimidating factor. "The tables have turned, haven't they?" Laurence smirked.
The leader's blood ran cold at the touch of the cold steel to his head. He knew this Scorpion had the guts to pull the trigger, and it made him stiffen with adrenaline. "Fine, kill me if that's what'll make you happy. But know this; my men will hunt you to the ends of the earth until you're nothin' but a lifeless corpse! You'll just be signin' your death certificate." He tried to keep a toughness about him, but being on the receiving end of this man's gun made him cower.

The other Wolves circled around the scene, their weapons in hand, awaiting the next move.
Laurence knew that if he did kill Alpha, he would in turn die, leaving Anjali in the hands of these animals. So the only way out that he saw was to keep Alpha alive as a hostage.
"Listen up!" He yelled to get the attention of the rest of the gang. "If any of you so much as spits in our direction, I'll drop him faster than a fly. Got it?" Laurence started backing up slowly with Alpha firm in his clutches. "We're gonna leave all peaceful, see? And we'll let this mutt go as soon as we know nobody's gonna try anything on us." He motioned with his head for Anjali to follow him.

"No!" The leader growled, stubbornness rising in him. "Don't let them get away!" He struggled against Laurence's grip.
"Shut up!" Laurence yelled, hitting him with the gun. "I swear, I'll kill him if any of you gets close!"
Alpha mustered up some more courage for another outburst. "As soon as he kills me, drop him!"
Laurence pressed the gun harder to alpha's skull. He was in a jam, and he wasn't sure how to proceed.

OOC: I'll post with Harley later.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby acgifford » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:36 am

Nami (post: 1443473) wrote:
IC:Jill turned to looked at Jake and gave him a half-smile, "Ok! Come with me Jake, I'll show you where you can stay." She started to walk away and glanced back, "oh Devon, later I need to have a talk with you."

Devon nodded, his eyes not straying from Jake.

Jill left the room, expecting Jake to keep pace with her.

OOC: Jake can now ask questions about Devon if you want, now that they are... alone. XDD

-Jake-

Jake could feel Devon's eyes on him as he turned his back to him. Jake really didnt want to turn his back on Devon. Devon felt dangerous to him. A threat in a way. Jake followed Jill almost reluctantly, but kept pace. He stayed one step behind her. He still didnt have a good feeling about this underground thing.

As he followed Jill, he fell silent. He was deep in thought. What is it that makes this place feel wrong? He starred at the ground as they walked. Just then he realized he shouldnt be rude to his rescuer and perhaps some thanks would be in order.

He half-heartedly lifted his eyes from ground. "Urm...thanks for...you know." he said awkwardly.
acgifford

Postby Nami » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:33 am

Anjali's hands shook and it took some considerable effort to make them stop, but when he pressed the gun to his chest, she froze. One wrong move and this guy would die. Fear flashed in her eyes and she knew she had made a mistake when he called her bluff. Anjali cursed in her head, how could she be so foolish? When Laurence intervened she felt relief and frustration.

Anjali hadn't done anything to protect Laurence and yet, here he was once again, saving her neck. She walked with him, keeping her eyes on the gang, knowing that any second they would pounce.

Then, like a call from heaven, a quiet whistle fluttered through the air. Anjali's eyes snapped up to the buildings, searching for some semblance of their saviors. Her eyes roved over the buildings and she spotted something, her eyes had originally passed over crouched on the rooftops were at least, ten dark-clad figures. Anjali's mouth opened in wonder as one lone figure stepped out from behind one of the Wolves members.

"Foolish Wolf, I could kill you now." a low cold voice whispered, "in fact, I could drop you all." he glanced up, "but to attack without you knowing were here is a wolf thing to do." He chuckled and kept his gun on the man.

"Now, you boys better let these two go. Otherwise, you'll all be dead in less than a second." when the alley grew quiet, the man seemed to grow angry.

"NOW!" he snarled.

------------

Jill glanced back at Jake, one of her brown eyebrows quirked and a smirk lit her features, "should I know?" she asked, "I mean, I've done lots of things you could thank me for.. like, giving you shelter, getting you safe... making sure you get a room and food." she shrugged, "I'm not even sure which you should be more grateful for." she stopped at the end of the hallway and turned to face Jake. Her eyes gleaming in the low light.

"What were you doing in that alley?" she asked, her voice low.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying