United

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

United

Postby goldenspines » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:46 pm

Lynna and TGJesusfreak are the GMs.

Have fun and play safe!
goldenspines

Postby TGJesusfreak » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:15 pm

OOC: ok guys the beginning is gonna be a bit slow and mysterious haha . If it seems like it's moving too slow then any ideas to speed it up would be awesome. Now let's have a great an succesfull RPG! ^_^

-Richard and Ike-
Richard woke up in his dreary room. He heard out of his window and sound here the birds of the morning chirping away. The sky was covered in a thin blanket of clouds that streched to the horizon in varying swirls and colors of grey. Richard slid out of bed and got dressed for the day. He put on his light grey/tan shirt, black soft woolen pants, and his sleeveless dark jerkin with braided leather ties. He pulled on his grey sturdy boots and fastened the metal clasp on his cloak. He walked out to the main room of their house. "good morning dad" He said

"Morning Richard. Heading out?" Said Ike

"yeah, I'll be back at noon."

"I wont be around then." siad Ike "The king has ordered a meeting for me and the other high military officials. There is some apparently some tension between an Okeanus elf carvan and a group of Galdorian soldiers."

"Oh really?" asked Richard

"Yes, and he wants to send a representative to cool the tempers of the Okeanus"

"Ok then I'll see you tonight." Said richard with a smile "Hope all goes well"

"Yes hopefully" Said Ike who then turned and continued to get his things together.

Richard stepped out of the house and smelled the fresh morning air. It was about 7am he guessed. His responsibillity was to tend to some of the horses of the army. It wasn't much but it was money all the same. All around him the he saw stone buildings and spires. All were a common sight in the capital city of Galdor. He had just started to enjoy the quiet peace of the day when suddenly from behind him suddenly from behind him he heard a familiar voice...

OOC: Here's an example of sorta what his outfit looks like: http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/Human/Aragorn/Strider/Jerkin/stridertop2_kayNM.jpg
http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/Human/Aragorn/Strider/StrBoot_8583_TornLon.jpg
accept the Jerkin is shorter and the colors are different (see description above)
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby Lynna » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Umia glanced out the window, and watched as a cool ocean breeze tossed the trees back and forth, the sound of their creeking mixing in with the pounding of the waves against the shore. It would be the perfect day thought Umia If only...
The sound of an irritated cough brought her back into the simple study, with her workbook and notes infront of her, along with her teachers displeased face. "I...I'm sorry, Mr. Strey, I was distracted. What were you saying again?" she said glancing down and clenching her fists on her simple, short-sleeved, white dress in shame.
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Hetharu » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:46 pm

"Richard!"

The bubbly call floated through the air, seeming to entwine with the morning melodies of the birds. There was no hesitation in the loud call that was so happy so early, when things had not even started to warm up with the sun's rays.

The source of the voice? A little girl, who seemed almost too small to have such a great voice, stood a ways off. Her long hair, a light reddish color, seemed near golden-pink in the light. Like the sun itself, she wore a flowing little yellow dress with red ribbon ties that matched the one laced and weaved into her hair. And her deep, red eyes sparkled like rubies, excitement and happiness present there.

Overjoyed to see the familiar older male step out of his home, it was a struggle to resist the urge to run up and hug him. And it was a battle she was unable to win as she instantly darted right down the path and straight too him. She even nearly tripped once along the way as the straps of her sandals, which she never bothered to fasten properly most of the time, slipped, her sandal falling off. Though she'd caught herself just in time and, not bothering to put her sandal back on, just hopped over to him, one foot bare, and tackle him like a small rabbit trying to tackle a fox, at least in size comparison.

"I missed yooouuuu~" Riona -- preferably Rio -- let out a tiny squeal, face scrunching a little in joy.

Though she stayed her nights at the orphanage a ways away, she always strayed away to, returning to Richard like a lost sheep back to it's flock. Regardless of how he felt, she always hated to be separated from the person she viewed as an older brother for long. And every morning, same as this, she would sneak away from the breakfast table in the midst of all the other children and the busy morning preparations, just to come to see him, usually not returning till later on at night.

---

Early morning light shown against the walls of the luxurious home that housed the royal blooded family of the Arach tribe, sunlight seeping into windows past drapes. Each room became illuminated, the light breezes passed through rooms and halls, those yet to awaken being greeted with a chorus of chirps and whistles from the birds that flew just outside.

But Luan had barely even slept. In fact, rarely did he ever sleep; every night, as the personal guard to the leader's daughter, he stood outside of her room. He allowed none to enter while she slept and always listened for the soft, even sound of her breathing, undisturbed, safe. And though each night, when someone was sent to take his place so he could rest, he found it hard to fall into slumber. And when he did, it was even harder to stay asleep, usually gaining only a few hours during the restless night.

Having woken up far before the sun had started it's ascent into the sky, Luan had prepared himself for the day ahead and had wasted no time in heading for the hall where Luciannica slept to greet her after she left her room, never far from her at any given time for long.

Clad in tight clothes and light armor, he stood outside her door, alert even in the early morning as he waited in silence, his top and only priority to protect Luciannica. His hair, multi-hued and ranging from a bright red to near-black, stood out in a somewhat wild manner, aside from the braid that draped over his shoulder, the length longer than the rest. They covered the left portion of his face, hiding the scarred skin underneath and the pure white bandages that covered his left eye, or lack-there-of. But his one good eye, colored like bright red blood, noticed every little detail of what it sound see, alert of his surroundings even with the loss of half his sight.

--

In the same manner that her master rarely slept, Xiuhcoatl -- better as Xiu -- also feigned sleep. In the gigantic housing that sheltered the dragons from the sometimes cruel and cold nights within the shadow of the mountains, she stirred to life easily. Stretching her wings as she pulled herself up, she gave a yawn, revealing sets of razor-sharp teeth, she moved to head out of the shelter, intent on letting the early light soak into her scales and warm her body.

[[ooc: There's my first part (for Rio at least). Hope it is adequate. :0 *will adjust the length and descriptiveness of her parts to fit along with everyone else's once thing move along a little better*

EDIT: I actually added in Luan and Xiu's parts as well. :0 Sorry for the big part. @u@;; That triple hyphen separates my characters (since they're not in the same location at the moment). N Xiu's part is shorter than the others cuz. . . chyeah. :o]]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="2"][color="Red"]I can't[/color][color="Orange"] whistle, so[/color][color="Yellow"] I just say[/color][color="Lime"] the words[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] "wheet-whoo".[/color][color="DarkOrchid"]
- Fai D. Flourite[/color][/SIZE]
Hetharu

Location: In the Land of Rainbows, beyond Unicorn Mountain in Marshmallow Woods~ ಡಿωಡ&#

Postby Yamamaya » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:58 pm

Svein grumbled as the sun glared in his eyes, rising him from his deep slumber.
His Komodo dragon Athenia nudged him gently with her nose. Svein yawned as he rose to his feet.

"If only mornings came a little later," he grumbled. He continued to whine as he gathered his various possessions. He did not have much. He had his weapons, a small bag filled with coins collected from bounties and a mat he used to sleep on hard surfaces. He also had a wide saddle which he was know strapping to Athenia's scaly body. Riding on her bareback would likely leave several lacerations in your backside.

He tapped Athenia lightly and she began to trot atop of the soft soil. Svein's golden eyes soared off into the distance as if they saw a mysterious spectre.

"Well Athenia, if my plan works it will be goodbye between us. I'll make sure you find a good home first girl." He patted her head. "I must admit this is the craziest plan I've ever come up with. To steal a royal dragon. It's suicide!" Svein lifted back his head and laughed.
"But when has that ever stopped me before?"
Yamamaya

Postby TGJesusfreak » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:58 pm

OOC: The dragons can talk if you recal Yama. They're smarter than humans and would probably kill him if he tried
That triple hyphen separates my characters
Also so we can better find the parts we want. Please separte them also by names or groups of names. that way we know at the very start what chara and setting you're in.

Hetharu---Rio wrote:Richard!"

The bubbly call floated through the air, seeming to entwine with the morning melodies of the birds. There was no hesitation in the loud call that was so happy so early, when things had not even started to warm up with the sun's rays, morning dew drops still fresh on the grass.

The source of the voice? A little girl, who seemed almost too small to have such a great voice, stood a ways off. Her long hair, a light reddish color, seemed near golden-pink in the light. Like the sun itself, she wore a flowing little yellow dress with red ribbon ties that matched the one laced and weaved into her hair. And her deep, red eyes sparkled like rubies, excitement and happiness present there.

Overjoyed to see the familiar older male step out of his home, it was a struggle to resist the urge to run up and hug him. And it was a battle she was unable to win as she instantly darted right down the path and straight too him. She even nearly tripped once along the way as the straps of her sandals, which she never bothered to fasten properly most of the time, slipped, her sandal falling off. Though she'd caught herself just in time and, not bothering to put her sandal back on, just hopped over to him, one foot bare, and tackle him like a small rabbit trying to tackle a fox, at least in size comparison.

"I missed yooouuuu~" Riona -- preferably Rio -- let out a tiny squeal, face scrunching a little in joy.

Though she stayed her nights at the orphanage a ways away, she always strayed away to, returning to Richard like a lost sheep back to it's flock. Regardless of how he felt, she always hated to be separated from the person she viewed as an older brother for long. And every morning, same as this, she would sneak away from the breakfast table in the midst of all the other children and the busy morning preparations, just to come to see him, usually not returning till later on at night.

--Richard--
Richard rolls his eyes as he watched the little girl running towrds him, tripping and stumbling all the way. He couldn't keep from smiling though. She loved him very much, he knew it, and nothing he could do would bring him to reject her. He smiled slightly as she finally made it up the cobblestone street to where he was.

"You know it's only a matter of time before you get caught right?" He said trying to sound firm. His intense expression didn't do a thing. She just stood infront of him in her little dress staring at him with her shiny deep red eyes. "Fine," he laughing slightly "Come here" He knelt down and opened his arms for her.

--?????--
Ten large ships loomed on the horizon over the ocean to the east. The sails were all solid white with no insignea of anykind. They seemed to barely move against the sky but with every second they grew ever closer. The people in the shorefront village knew not what these ships held in store. Little did they know of what was to come.
TGJesusfreak

Postby Hetharu » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:01 pm

TGJesusfreak (post: 1406939) wrote:--Richard--
Richard rolls his eyes as he watched the little girl running towrds him, tripping and stumbling all the way. He couldn't keep from smiling though. She loved him very much, he knew it, and nothing he could do would bring him to reject her. He smiled slightly as she finally made it up the cobblestone street to where he was.

"You know it's only a matter of time before you get caught right?" He said trying to sound firm. His intense expression didn't do a thing. She just stood infront of him in her little dress staring at him with her shiny deep red eyes. "Fine," he laughing slightly "Come here" He knelt down and opened his arms for her.

--Riona--
Riona had skidded to a halt at Richard's first words about the fact that she would inevitably be caught. And it was true; she would get caught, if she already hadn't. She snuck away so much just to see him, but she couldn't help it, willing to face any sort of punishment for her sneaky little actions. And she could only stand silently, looking down a bit and pouting, kicking a tiny pebble with the toe of her sandal.

The instant he gave in and knelt to her level though, she brightened right back up (as if she had ever dimmed in the first place). She instantly accepted the open invitation and launched herself into his arm, clinging onto him in the tightest hug that her tiny form could muster.

"Can I come with you to see the horsies today!?" she blurted out the first question on her mind, always liking to go play with the horses while he cared for them. Though she favored the tiny and cute fluffy animals, she adored them all. Except spiders and bugs; those, she could do without.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="2"][color="Red"]I can't[/color][color="Orange"] whistle, so[/color][color="Yellow"] I just say[/color][color="Lime"] the words[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] "wheet-whoo".[/color][color="DarkOrchid"]
Hetharu

Location: In the Land of Rainbows, beyond Unicorn Mountain in Marshmallow Woods~ ಡಿωಡ&#

Postby TGJesusfreak » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:31 pm

[quote="Hetharu---Rio"]--Riona--
Riona had skidded to a halt at Richard's first words about the fact that she would inevitably be caught. And it was true]
Richard fell back slightly from the force of her hug. He rested his hand on her back as she clung to him.

"Can I come with you to see the horsies today!?" she blurted out

He wasn't surprised. she asked this almost everday. Most days he said no (not that she'd listen to him) but today he decided that her company would be nice. "Ok you can come." He smiled at her "Just behave and don't spook the horses by tring to ride them like the last time. You almost got me in trouble" He scooped her up in left arm and she wrapped her arms around his neck.
TGJesusfreak

Postby Hetharu » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:48 pm

TGJesusfreak (post: 1406974) wrote:Richard fell back slightly from the force of her hug. He rested his hand on her back as she clung to him.

"Can I come with you to see the horsies today!?" she blurted out

He wasn't surprised. she asked this almost everday. Most days he said no (not that she'd listen to him) but today he decided that her company would be nice. "Ok you can come." He smiled at her "Just behave and don't spook the horses by tring to ride them like the last time. You almost got me in trouble" He scooped her up in left arm and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

[[ooc: Just a small little note/request. :0]]

--Riona--
Riona waited somewhat impatiently for the answer, bright eyes searching for approval of it. Though he usually denied her the fun and went along anyway, she always liked it better if he actually agreed. And much to her pleasure, she heard exactly what she wanted to hear this time as he allowed it on a few conditions, nodding quickly to them, agreeing not to ride the horses or scare them.

She gave a little giggle of delight as she was picked up, automatically locking her arms around his neck so she would fall off if his grip should happen to slip. As much as she trusted him, she still didn't want to accidentally get hurt.

"I wanna give em sugar," she said, squiggling impatiently in his arms just a tiny bit, wanting to hurry to the horses, but then she remembered she lost something, "Wait! My shoe!"

Quickly, she squiggled away from him and ran back to where her sandal had fallen off. Crouching down a bit, she quickly slipped it on and attempted to tie the straps right. Though, impatient, she just left them half undone and hurried back to Richard, practically bouncing with excitement.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hetharu

Postby Vega » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:53 pm

-Alanna-

Her home stood still. Quiet and unmoving. The sun just began to peek above the mountain range off in the horizon. Alannas mother awoke and walked over to her daughters bedroom. She approached Alanna's bed and toouched Alannas arm. She shuddered as if she was being yanked suddenly from another world. She opened her eyes, stretched and sat up. "Good morning mom!" Her mother tossed Alannas workclothes onto her bed. "Good morning! Now get dressed because we have a busy day today."

Alanna got dressed and went outside to the feilds. She gathered her tools together, tied her hair up, pulled up her sleeves and began to work.
Her daydreams of one day being Dragon Knight kept her going through her long days of dull labor. She would look up towards the sky imagining she was a brave fighter with one of the beautiful creatures she tendedto under her control. These were just distant memories though, for she was a simple work-girl, nothing else.
The mind is so complex when your based. 32 levels. Welcome to my world. --Lil B
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Swag like I'm marrow, in my bones. Swag in my bones. Bone Marrow Swag. -- Lil B
Shouts out to Lil B "The Based God".
Vega

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:53 pm

Phox

Phox had been rudely awakened by an uproar. Some elves and humans were having a falling out of some sort, but Phox was still not awake enough to hear exactly what the shouting was all about. He began to nod off again despite the noise, but was immediately awake when his world turned up-side down. Literally.

In the few adrenelin soaked moments after his upturning, Phox realized a couple of things. First, he was in a tree. Well, more like hanging upside down from a tree. Second, the uproar was the vocalization of a seemingly intense quarrel between some Galdorians and Okeanusians. Or Okeanusese. Phox could never remember. But Phox could remember Arach. And not just because their flaming red hair.

To Phox's releif, there were no Arach elves visable in the mix below, so he turned his thoughts to the tree he was hanging from. Before he had gone to sleep, he must have tied himself unto the limb he was currently supported by. Knots had never been his strong suit, and he had a moment's feeling of sickness when he realized the knot he tied had come undone in the fall. He was now soley attatched to the rope by a chink in his greave that had been snagged.

Great. How could things get worse. Phox tried his best to sigh, which was odd upside down, then let himself go limp. Feeling something give way, he looked "up" at the ground to watch his 5' Claymore and 5'6" No Dachi katana fall out of their back scabbards and stick into the ground, not two feet from the quarreling leaders.

Well, at least it's quiet now. Phox tried halfheartedly to ignore the two groups below him, but as a crimson flash of hair made it's way quickly to the base of the tree, the people below succesfully captured his immediate attention. If he ever got the chance, he was going to burn the peice of rope he was hanging from in a very hot fire.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:17 pm

Streyvash
Strey sighed in mock disapproval. Umia meant well, he knew it, her disappointment showed that. With a little work and some more concentration, she could the best student he had ever had. Of course, she was also the first student he had ever had, so she was also the worst. "Come, now, you'll never learn anything if you never pay attention!" He took a deep breath. "All right, let's try this again. What events occurred leading up to the formation of the Okeanus tribe? Who was its legendary founder, and what did he do?"

Mellara opened the door to the study and poked her head in. "Afternoon, love!"

"Ah, back so soon?"

"Aye, old Eyarda said I had helped her enough today."

"Lucky you. I'll be out to join you in a minute when I'm done with Umia."

"As you wish..." She shut the door and set herself to fixing a lovely dinner for the two of them - they had worked hard over the last week, and it was time to relax, if only for tonight, because in a couple days, they'd be going on another expedition. She smiled as she listened to Strey try to explain some date or artifact to Umia - Mellara didn't understand much of it, so it was good that Strey had someone to talk to about it.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby QuirkyIceHeart » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:42 pm

--Annissa--
A single beam of dusty light shone through the cracked window. Annissa stared at it, not really having the desire to do anything else. Embers from the nearby fire floated by her, glowing softly. The sharp contrast faded in and out as what she saw shifted. Shadows danced around her silent form. Her eyelids lowered slightly, as it became harder and harder to focus. She gave up, and closed her eyes. Sleep feels better, anyway...
Annissa leaned her head back and smiled. A single tear trickled down her cheek, and she stood. There was no time for sleep today.
Thirty minutes later found her with her elbow length laced gloves and graceful boots. Today she’d leave the orphanage. The only reason she’d been allowed to stay for so long was because all the kids loved her. But she couldn’t protect them, she knew that. No one could protect her, either.
She was a worthless, thrown away piece of trash that no one cared about. Her parents and everyone else had abandoned her… There was no one in the world who would ever miss her. Sighing, she picked up the things she’d prepared. As much as she wanted to leave… part of her would miss this place.
But that changed nothing.
[I]“Love crosses all boundaries, and is often shot for trespassing.â€
QuirkyIceHeart

Location: IN YOUR FACE. And the internet. And my personal dream worlds B) Arkansas for you boring people :P

Postby Wikiwalker » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:43 pm

Dominick and Wyn Draper, somewhere in Arach lands.

Dominick paused and looked at the sun. It was midday and he still hadn't had lunch. Oren, his pack donkey, made a lunge for the grass by his feet. Dominick jerked the lead rope up. "Oh no you don't, if you founder again I'm not staying to nurse you. I'll just leave you here for wild animals to eat." Oren jerked his head to the side and looked around pretending he hadn't really wanted the grass anyway.

Ahead of Dominick his older brother Wyn--leading the other donkey, Nero--turned to look back and motioned for his brother to move faster.

"Are you sure this super secret route to remote Arach villages isn't just a great way to get lost?" Dominick shouted.

Ignoring his younger brother's question Wyn pointed to the sky and then brought his hand down again while wiggling his fingers.

Rain. Dominick looked up at the clear blue sky. "Are you sure?"

Wyn made a short sharp nod.

"If we'd gone by the regular route instead of this "special" new route we could stop at an inn, sit by a fire, and have a nice warm drink while we wait out the rain." Dominick began walking again.

Wyn glared at him and began moving too. He made a dismissive movement over his shoulder with his hand as he walked.

Don't be stupid, this way's shorter. Dominick knew that was what he meant. He almost always understood what his brother meant even though Wyn had been unable to speak for the past thirteen years. On rare occasions when what Wyn needed to say couldn't be communicated with facial expressions, attitudes, and hand movements--or when he had to speak with someone other than his younger brother--he could write or draw on the paper tablet he always kept in a small leather bag hanging from his neck by a strip of leather.

Dominick pushed his dark hair out of his eyes; it was slightly damp from sweat. "Where are we going to find shelter?"

Wyn shrugged and waved a hand in front of him.

I don't know, somewhere ahead.

"If we get caught in the rain and the spices get wet and ruined it'll be your fault." Dominick couldn't believe how much money they'd tied up in spices that they could only sell in major cities.

Wyn turned around and fixed Dominick with a solemn glare.That won't happen.

Dominick sighed. "And they say I'm the hard-headed one."

Wyn pushed ahead and stopped at the edge of the trees. From the way Wyn was standing there was clearly something remarkable beyond them.

Did he actually find it? Dominick wondered as he rushed to catch up. As he came over the ridge he sensed a change in the air. It smelled like dead fish and rotting plants. By the time he reached his brother's side he could see it. "The ocean? is that supposed to be on our route?"

Wyn made an exasperated movement with his shoulders and rolled his eyes. Of course it is. Then he glared at Dominick. I don't get lost. He motioned both hands North along the pebble beach and then held one hand up and wiggled the fingers as though they were people. We follow the beach until we find a village.

Dominick waved his hand twice. Yeah, yeah, of course you don't. "How long before we reach the village?"

Wyn held up three fingers on one hand. Three hours.

"And how long before the rain gets here?"

Wyn shrugged and began walking again, Nero following docilely behind him.

"You were lost until just now, weren't you?"

Wyn turned back to his brother and shrugged, and then pointed at Dominick accusingly. So were You.
~~~~~~~~~~~

[color="DeepSkyBlue"][font="Book Antiqua"]"I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude. We are for the most part more lonely when we go abroad among men than when we stay in our chambers. A man thinking or working is always alone, let him be where he will."-- Henry David Thoreau, Walden[/font][/color]

[color="Pink"]TGJesusfreak: Is the chatroom gonna self destruct or somethin?
Chatbot: Yes[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color] [color="PaleGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
Wikiwalker

Postby Ella Edric » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:50 pm

-Luciannica-
Luciannica awoke in her dark, gloomy bedroom. The light was dim, for it was raining outside, and the only light in her bedroom was her window(wich didn't give much light due to the weather). She slowly got out of bed and walked over to her mirror. Her long, firey red hair was a mess, and her bed clothes were tangled and twisted over her body. She sighed, then lit a lamp to brighten the room, then proceeded to get ready for the morning.

After fifteen minutes or so Lucia was ready for the day. She wore her usual red and black clothing, usually skin tight. Except the skirt she wore. It was red and went down to her shins. Along each side were long slits reaching up to her thighs(she cut them herself so that she could move around easily).

Lucia walked out of her bedroom and saw Luan standing there awaiting her as usual. "Hello Luan." She greeted.

OOC: Sorry it's not wonderful. I'm in a nhurry so i didnt put in all the details i could have. :/
Ella Edric

Postby Hetharu » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:17 pm

--Luan--
Luan waited patiently outside of Luciannica's bedroom, eventually hearing stirring and shuffling beyond and inside, taking it that she had awakened, though made no move. The only thing he did that separated him from being a statue was a momentary flicker of his eye down the hall at some light footsteps. He saw one of the maids of the household pause in mid-step as she was noticed.

No words were passed between them, though the petite woman gave a hurried and somewhat shy and embarrassed bow, which was simply ignored. She continued on her way under the full singular gaze of the warrior, bowing her head and avoiding eye contact, the meeting brief as her footsteps faded off.

Some time after, Luan heard the little creaking sound of the door opening behind him. He turned around, spotting Luciannica, dressed and ready for the day, hearing her greeting.

"Lady Domeniscius," he returned the greeting in a stoic voice that matched the impassive look he usually wore as he gave a polite and respectful bow. Rare was it that any emotion was visible on his features. Even in the moments there was something there, it disappeared as quickly as it came, all-too-easily being missed.

Really the only one that was ever able to pull something from him was Luciannica, though she probably didn't know that; he only ever did when she had her back turned. A small smile here and there. Even his faithful companion, Xiuhcoatl, could not coax a reaction from him, as great their bond was as dragon and rider.

He said nothing else to her, only ever speaking when spoken to, which was more than anyone else ever received in the first place. It was easily assumed the day would go by like any other, at whatever pace Luciannica wished, Luan always following.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hetharu

Postby Lynna » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:21 pm

Umia
Umia bit her lip and recited
"The Okeanus Tribe was formed after the end of the Great War of Sepparia, in which the races, who once lived together as a single peaceful, United country, turned on each other, causing a bloody, 10-year war in which nearly all the races were wiped out. Finnally, a peace treaty was made, and the races divided into thier seperate tribes....." Umia paused for a moment to think "The great founder of the okeanus tribe was Warreel Laren, who founded the Okeanus Tribe council after the Great Wars. Before he came, the members of our tribe were wandering aimlessly, scattered amoung the other peoples. But Because of his courage and Leadership skills, He was able to unite them, and chose from amoung them 5 others to form a council, and together they migrated to the current Okeanus Territory...Is there anything I've forgotten?"

OOC: just so you know, she hasn't forgotten anything, but she mispronounced the Leader's name XD it should Be Warrel Lar'ren
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
Lynna

Postby Wikiwalker » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:17 am

Wyn and Dominick on the Eastern coast

Wyn pulled his wide-brimmed rain hat down to cover more of his face. The steady drizzle had already soaked his gray hair, and it had been five hours since his last estimate of three hours.

He glanced back at Dominick. Amazingly his younger brother hadn't spoken in over an hour. Dominick glared at him from under his own broad brimmed felt rain hat.

Lost? Dominick mouthed.

Wyn shook his head.

In fact Dominick was right, Wyn had no idea how far they were from their destination, but he wasn't about to admit it. Wyn was never lost, at least not when they were on roads, or in towns, not even big cities clouded his sense of direction, but now? He supposed it must be because there were no landmarks in this wilderness. Anyway they weren't going to be lost for very long; as long as they followed the beach they were bound to find something, sooner or later.

"Hey look!"

Wyn turned to see Dominick pointing out to sea. Oren the donkey standing miserably beside him, looked as though he wanted to run off. Wyn followed the direction of his brother's finger. far out on the horizon he could see white marks against the gray sky.

"Boats, I wonder if that means there's something nearby. Maybe we should watch them."

Wyn pushed his hand towards the ocean and pulled it back, he shrugged and looked at Dominick. We don't know whether they're coming or going.

"We can watch and see."

Wyn held his hand out under the drizzle. In this rain?

"There's less rain under the tree line. It's getting dark. We can find the village tomorrow."

Wyn sighed. Dominick was right, The sun had all but dissapeared behind the mountain range to the west, it was time to make camp. Wyn shrugged. Fine then.
~~~~~~~~~~~

[color="DeepSkyBlue"][font="Book Antiqua"]"I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude. We are for the most part more lonely when we go abroad among men than when we stay in our chambers. A man thinking or working is always alone, let him be where he will."-- Henry David Thoreau, Walden[/font][/color]

[color="Pink"]TGJesusfreak: Is the chatroom gonna self destruct or somethin?
Chatbot: Yes[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color] [color="PaleGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
Wikiwalker

Postby TGJesusfreak » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:34 am

Lyn/Hetharu wrote:[[ooc: Just a small little note/request. :0]]
OOC: No worries. I only quoted what you said from Richard's angle. I'd never think to talk or act for your character. ^_^

Hetharu---Rio wrote: --Riona--
Riona waited somewhat impatiently for the answer, bright eyes searching for approval of it. Though he usually denied her the fun and went along anyway, she always liked it better if he actually agreed. And much to her pleasure, she heard exactly what she wanted to hear this time as he allowed it on a few conditions, nodding quickly to them, agreeing not to ride the horses or scare them.

She gave a little giggle of delight as she was picked up, automatically locking her arms around his neck so she would fall off if his grip should happen to slip. As much as she trusted him, she still didn't want to accidentally get hurt.

"I wanna give em sugar," she said, squiggling impatiently in his arms just a tiny bit, wanting to hurry to the horses, but then she remembered she lost something, "Wait! My shoe!"

Quickly, she squiggled away from him and ran back to where her sandal had fallen off. Crouching down a bit, she quickly slipped it on and attempted to tie the straps right. Though, impatient, she just left them half undone and hurried back to Richard, practically bouncing with excitement.

--Richard--

Richard chuckled slightly as she came bouncing back to him. While they were walking to the stables his mind wandered to the subject of Rio. He had met her about a year ago when she was dropped off at the orphanage. She was an elfenhuman. Part human part elf.

From the very moment she'd met Richard she had clung to him all the time. That was okay though. She needed a family... a big brother. He remembered when she was mocked and spat at simply for being elfenhuman. She didn't choose her nationality. And so what if she's different, thought Richard, That's not what decides a person. Everyone who saw her looked at her with mild (and sometimes great) disgust. Many times court officials saw Richard with her and warned that if he didn't quit talking to her then it might cost his father his job. Ike didn't care either. He had clothed and fed Rio as well. Nothing was going to separate this little girl from their family.

"Almost there" Said Richard, nodding toward the large wooden stable up ahead. It was one in a huge row of them stretching 500 or so feet in each direction. But this particular stable was the one he was assigned to. Stable 34. "You can feed the horses if you're careful." Richard told Rio "Well... all accept Alahna. She tends to bite." He pointed to a white horse in the back left stable He undid the clasp of his cloak and layed it over one of the wood fences. and got to work cleaning the stable and feeding the horses.

--?????--
The ships finnally landed on the beach next to the village. The first to set foot on the beach was an enourmous man (if he could be called that) with a narrow face and long silver white hair. You could see he was musclebound even under his long golden white robe. A large group of people had gathered to see what the ships held. They were gaping, now in awe of the beauty of this man. "We come in peace good people!" he said in a melodic voice. We have come from far off and desire food and shelter! Will any of you give it?"

There was silence for a moment. " 'Ow do we know ya can be trusted?" said one of the fisherman.

"Take us at our word good people! For I am Kaelar Tasidas Raenal! King of my people!" There was a great mumbling amoung the crowd. "Will you give shelter?!" He asked again.

"We don't think we can trust you!" cried the village leader "you have the face of a god and the eyes of a liar!"

"Oh do I?" he laughed slightly, a laugh that could make your heart sing and tremble in fear all at once, "So be it" said Kaelar.
TGJesusfreak

Postby TGJesusfreak » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:13 am

OOC: Just so it's clear there is no magic in this RPG. It's set as a more real world scenerio. Although the dragons are different XD. They can be explained by physics though >_>;; right? XDDD

Anyway please refreain from using magic. I don't seem to recal anyone making a chara with magical ability but... still has to be made clear :lol:

Continue RPing!

*Edit* My bad double post. If a mod sees this then please merge it.
TGJesusfreak

Postby Hetharu » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:39 pm

--Riona--

Heading off for the stables, Riona stayed close to Richard, never straying that far off from him. It was easy to see how happy she was, though she said nothing for the length of the time. She had a little bounce in her step and a smile on her face, and her eyes, large and round and filled with innocence, sparkled in anticipation. But in the time it took to get to the stables, it changed after a while.

Walking along, she noticed now and then, were they to pass by someone, the look she received was obviously not pleased, though it ranged in varying degrees. She knew those types of looks well, though always tried to ignore them. Rare was it that there was someone that looked to her that did not hold some negative look for her. It was moreso with adults than those her age, though children were easily influenced by their parents and the like. So it was only at the orphanage, where no one had that type of influence, that she could have someone to play with, even if it was just a few. Though some had learned at an earlier age how to react around a girl like her and didn't hesitate to it.

Receiving one particularly nasty glare from an older man, Riona shrunk back a little bit to Richard's side uncomfortably. Though she glanced at the ground to watch her feet while she walked, she watched his as well, sticking as close to him as she could without stepping to him and unconsciously trying to pull her hair down over her ears, though the little pointed tips still poked out.

Despite it all, as soon as Richard spoke of the stables, her attitude took a total turn as the joy filled her fairly quickly again. It was a process she could repeat many times in a day, though sometimes it took more to cheer her up and she had to be tickled till she gave in and laughed. It was easier with Richard though, his presence bringing her enough security as it was.

"'kay~" she said somewhat halfheartedly to Richard's words and warning as she nodded, only even half listening to them. The other half of her was already making it's way to the stables, legs carrying her quickly to the closest one.

As Richard went about his own task, she quickly located some apples that could be given along with hay and all their other little treats. And she didn't hesitate to feed the first horse a slice through the gates fenced pen. Giggles erupted from her when she saw and felt it outstretch it's mouth to locate the treat and then, when it did, snatch it right from her with a little snort of appreciation. Reaching up onto her tippy-toes, she even managed to scratch it's head a little, which it seemed to enjoy greatly, even lowering it's head so she could get a better reach and feed him another slice of apple.

She loved all animals, except for bug, obviously, and dogs and other canines, and that was only because of a minor experience in the past; though she didn't mind being around a dog, she didn't like touching them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hetharu

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:14 pm

Phox
"Well, that was a nightmare." Phox had been running through the woods for a while now, and had gotten quite the lead on his Arach persuer. The Okeanus elves had been more interested in getting rid of the human mudhoppers, and the Galdorians had enough of a problem with the elves to bother about some stranger in a tree. Although they had all stopped bickering long enough to ensure he was tied up and handed over to the young Arach, who had seemed more of a passanger than a party in the dispute.
Phox basked in the memory of the elf's face when he burst the ropes on his wrists. Apparently the elf hadn't paid attention to the details of Phox's warrent for arrest. The rope was half rotten anyway. Then just a few quick strides, swipe his swords back, and off at a run. Elves may be faster as a general rule, but Phox's strides were long, and unlike the elf, Phox had his freedom and life to run for. The elf just had a potential battle with two swords almost as tall as he.
Smelling a whiff of ocean breeze, Phox picked up his pace, and burst out of the underbrush and out onto a small rise overlooking the beach and the ocean.
Satisfied that he had successfully lost his persuer, Phox took a deep breath. A cold wind blew past, whipping Phox's poncho around. Phox's face darkened, "Something doesn't smell right..."
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Yamamaya » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:32 pm

Ooc: No worries TG. It's just a plan of his. Doesn't mean it will suceed.

Svein shifted in his saddle as Athenia continued to march forward. He held his hand over his brow in an attempt to block out the sun. The temperature was slowly rising. "Crap, there's nothing worse than a hot day while I'm wearing these clothes." Svein was wearing a leather tunic over a hauberk.

Up ahead, he spotted five horsemen galloping across the road. They were coming straight towards him. The five horsemen pulled back on their reigns so that their steeds halted a few yards away from Svein. One of them drew his sword.

"Svein you are under arrest for high treason and several accounts of murder." The elf who said this wore a chainmail shirt and a small helm that had a noseguard. His four lackeys were only garbed in leather jerkins. Svein grinned as his hand reached back to grab his Eastern repeating crossbow.

"I'm afraid I'll have to decline your invitation. However, my good friend Susana will be more than happy to oblige." Pulling out his crossboat he unleashed several bolts at the leader. One bolt bounced harmlessly off his armor. However, one of them pierced his neck and another pierced his arm. Blood poured from his neck as his lifeless body slipped to the ground. The other four warriors drew their swords and charged. Athenia stood her ground as Svein unleashed more volleys. His crossbow held a magazine of ten bolts. One man fell as bolts tore through his body. Another steed reached Athenia but she was prepared. Rearing her head she thrust it up into the horse's neck with intense force. The beast's neck shattered like glass and it fell to the earth.

As the horse fell it knocked against another of the horseman sending him and his horse toppling to the ground with it. The final soldier had already been wounded in the leg by crossbow bolts but he continued to move towards Svein. Svein quickly set aside his crossbow and drew his claymore. He tapped Athenia harshely. She burst into a sprint. He steered Athenia to the side of the horseman and thrust upward with his blade. The claymore slashed through the elf's neck. Svein continued to gallop, eager to get away from the battle field. The two remaining elves grabbed the dead elves's horses and made chase. Svein drew out his crossbow and loaded more bolts into it. He turned his body around so that he could see the two elves. He fired the weapon two times. Each bolt found its mark. Content that the job was done, Svein continued onward into the distance heading for the royal castle of Arach.

Ooc: Here's what the Chinese repeating crossbow looks like. Since I realized you can't use magic in this rp(and i originally gave him magic), I'll just give him a repeating crossbow instead.

A few images of what my character looks the most like
Kind of a combination of those two.
Yamamaya

Postby TGJesusfreak » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:18 pm

Hetharu---Rio wrote:"'kay~" she said somewhat halfheartedly to Richard's words and warning as she nodded, only even half listening to them. The other half of her was already making it's way to the stables, legs carrying her quickly to the closest one.

As Richard went about his own task, she quickly located some apples that could be given along with hay and all their other little treats. And she didn't hesitate to feed the first horse a slice through the gates fenced pen. Giggles erupted from her when she saw and felt it outstretch it's mouth to locate the treat and then, when it did, snatch it right from her with a little snort of appreciation. Reaching up onto her tippy-toes, she even managed to scratch it's head a little, which it seemed to enjoy greatly, even lowering it's head so she could get a better reach and feed him another slice of apple.

Richard went about his duties tending to the stables. He gave some hay to the horses and cleaned out their pens. One particular horse gave him quite a loud snort as he enetered but other than that all went well.

He saw Rio feeding a horse near the entrance to the stable. Rio had more influence on him than he'd ever want to admit. when she was happy it made him happy. He enjoyed her coming along (even when he told her not to).

"Ok. I'm finished Rio." He said wit a smile "Lets go home. You can eat lunch with me today. My dad is gone but it'll be fun just the same."

No worries TG. It's just a plan of his. Doesn't mean it will suceed.

Here's what the Chinese repeating crossbow looks like. Since I realized you can't use magic in this rp(and i originally gave him magic), I'll just give him a repeating crossbow instead.

OOC: Ok haha just wanted to warn you of he situation. But apparently you were already fully aware of the situation XD.

I guess I missed that you chara used magic. Sorry abou that Yama. We should have made that clear. Many thousand apologies Yama
TGJesusfreak

Postby Hetharu » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:07 pm

Riona

Throughout the time that Richard was busy tending to the horses, Riona fed a number of them apple slices, petting here and there. And though Richard had told her to avoid the white horse, she still fed her a couple apples without getting in biting distance, placing the apples on the edge of the gate and moving away to let the horse eat them. Time seemed to fly by all too quickly before she heard Richard call over to her that he was finished.

"Awwwwww~!" she whined a little bit, instantly clinging to one of the horses and rubbing it's head, it letting out a little neigh, "I don't wanna! I wanna stay and play with the horsies some mo--"

Before she could continue saying what she wanted to though, there came a voice that drowned her own out.

"Get your grubby little paws off my horse, you little thing!"

Riona instantly jumped at the harsh words, eyes darting to the source to see a man heading her way and looking very displeased, glaring at her. She didn't know him, but he knew her, having spotted her on a few past occasions, though he, like others, had merely stared and not spoken a word.

A shocked fear and pain radiating in her chest, she quickly backed off, retreating all the way to where Richard stood. Were she a puppy, her ears would have been drooped low and her tail between her legs as she moved, though even without that it would be easy to see how she felt, looking utterly crestfallen.

Riona watched the man give a huff as he went to his steed, brushing off where she had touched, as if there was dirt there. Though he busied himself with opening the gate and leading the horse out to saddle it up, Riona could still feel his stare upon her, causing her to shrink back behind Richard's legs to hide.

"You would do best to chose the. . . people you associate with better, young man," he said, directing his words to Richard though his eyes never left the little girl. And with that, he merely left, not even caring to hear any words from either of the two.

In the silence that followed, Riona's chest tightened in pain as she looked down at the ground. She felt her eyes burn as her vision blurred a little with the tears that bubbled in them. Rarely did she cry, but then rarely were people all that harsh. Most just stared and never got close to her, or if they had to talk to her, be as brief as possible and save the hateful name-calling for when she was gone and talk behind her back. But being practically spat at right in the face?

She could only out the little sound of a whimper as she buried her face into Richard's pants leg. Her hands gripped onto the woven material as the tears bubbled over, soaking through his pants.

[SIZE="1"][[ooc: I know I was supposed to make her start the conversation first, but I didn't think she'd really do that. xD So rather I just created a suitable opportunity for Richard to say something first instead.]][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hetharu

Postby Ella Edric » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:17 pm

--Luciannica--
She nodded to Luan signaling she was ready to go, then the two went on their way. Luciannica had a very important day ahead of her. She was attending to a meeting between the Okeanus tribe, the Galdorians(humans), and the Arachs-wich Lucia was to represent, as the princess. Her father would have done it, but he was away for personnal reasons and trusted his daughter fully to take his place.

Lucia walked swiftly, with Luan tailing close behind her. She didn't especially like Luan following her everywhere, but she knew there was no way to make him stop. He was there for good and she had to accept that fact. Ever since the incident a few years back, he hadn't left her side.

Lucia and Luan made their way to a large stable that wasn't too far from the palace. It wasn't an average stable though, it was very large, and held dragons instead of normal animals. Most of the dragons held there were royalty dragons, and warrior's dragons including Sirus, Lucia's loyal dragon and friend, and Luan's dragon Xiuhcoatl.

"You're quiet." said Lucia as they walked. She flashed a smile back at him. "As usual." she added. She stopped walking when they reached the large building that was the dragon's shelter, then looked at Luan.
Ella Edric

Postby Davidizer13 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Streyvash

Strey smiled at Umia. "Very good; you have been paying attention. A note, though, it's pronounced Lar-REN. Anyway!" He closed the book he had open with a whap and a puff of dust. "Enough talk of the past, there's business to be attended to in the present! What are you doing over the next week? Mella and I are going on an expedition in a few days, and so we need someone to watch the house while we are gone. If you have plans, I can always find someone else..."
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Lynna » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:35 pm

Davidizer13 (post: 1407273) wrote:Streyvash

Strey smiled at Umia. "Very good]whap[/I] and a puff of dust. "Enough talk of the past, there's business to be attended to in the present! What are you doing over the next week? Mella and I are going on an expedition in a few days, and so we need someone to watch the house while we are gone. If you have plans, I can always find someone else..."

The words of her teacher became a distant echo as her thoughts turned inward
'I'm not staying." she thought "Mr. Strey, do you really think I would stay if you were going? Alvar isn't here, so what do you think I would do all alone while you're gone? What shall I do?" she thought for a moment....

'I know!' she suddenly thought
""I'm sorry Teacher, I was going to request that the council let me leave for a week or two to go visit my friends in the arach tribe" she answered "They might not give me permission because of .......Alvar...." she said his name as quietly as possible "but even if they don't give me permission, I...don't think I'll be able to" she said carefully
'I'll run away eventually' she thought 'And I won't come back. Sorry teacher....' she avaided hios gaze and waited, hoping he wouldn't suspect anything
Lynna

Postby Hetharu » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:58 pm

Luan & Xiuhcoatl

As soon as Luciannica gave a nod and started off, Luan followed right along with her couple steps behind, giving her space yet keeping close enough. No words were spoken, though none need be, Luan already having been informed of what would take place that day and the meeting he would be escorting Lucia to, though maybe not the specific details of what would be discussed there.

Outside, the weather had eased only slightly, the heavy rain lessening to a light drizzle, though it hadn't mattered. The dragon stables not that far in the first place, it didn't take long for them to come into view. Though the silence between the two was broken as he heard Luciannica's comment, glancing over towards her as she smiled and stopped just outside the stables.

". . . You will have to forgive me. . ." he started off after a moment of silence, "I wasn't aware there was anything to speak of. . ."

Lies; truly there was any number of things to talk about. But with conversation came the act of becoming closer to the one you were talking with, as well as emotion spurred on by the subject. Neither were allowable, though some part of him wished it were. But he could not let another instance, like the one that did those past years ago which left him scarred (figuratively and literally), happen again.

Luan continued on past Luciannica into the dragon nest, greeted by great beasts of different colors, shapes, and sizes, depending on age. And though it was a stable, there were no gates confining any one dragon to a stall, they allowed to move about freely to spend time with one another or to head out and stretch their wings outside. The instant he entered, he was approached by the speckled brown dragon he knew to be his companion.

"Luan," Xiuhcoatl greeted, mouth barely moving though the words came out perfectly pronounced, voice calm and sultry with a quiet tone, though obviously pleased to see him. approaching him, she moved her head closer to him and lightly pressed the end of her snout to his cheek to accompany the spoken greeting.

Though she was calm and wise now, it hadn't always been so; before meeting Luan, she was rather wild with a mighty temper. And though she changed, she still showed remnants of that temper, were one to get on her bad side.

"Xiuhcoatl," Luan returned the greeting, much in the same way he had to Luciannica before. He reached up to give a small pat to her snout, feeling the smooth scales under his fingertips for only a moment before she pulled her head away from the brief but pleasant exchange.

Xiuhcoatl's pale golden eyes moved over towards Luciannica as well.

"Luciannica," she gave a greeting to her as well, giving a nod, though making no move towards her as Luan moved to grab the necessary equipment -- a saddle, halters, straps and the like -- to prepare for flight.

[SIZE="1"][[ooc: Just so you know, the way I imagine Xiuhcoatl's speech/voice to be (or any dragon for that matter) is like out of Princess Mononoke. Like how the wolves, boars, apes, etc, their voices had an underlying demonic tone to it. I picture the dragons to speak in the same way, as well as with their mouths moving minimally yet each word coming out perfectly pronounced. That's how Xiuhcoatl's speaks. More specifically, I picture her with Moro's voice from Princess Mononoke (English, not Japanese). If you've never seen Princess Mononoke though, then watch this vid and you'll get what I meant with the voice/mouth movement thing. The way the wolf's mouth moved little or not at all but each word comes out, and the demonic-sounding undertone to her voice (which you can hear better when she speaks more forcefully or during her laugh) along with the occasional growl with her words. That's what I mean. xD Though if it's not acceptable, Lynna, TG, tell me. :0 You said you didn't delve into the dragons much so I figure it's fine.]][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hetharu

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Phox
Phox had moved along the beach in search of the strange smell he had picked up earlier, but he hadn't smelled it in 5 hours. Still he searched. It seemed disturbingly familiar, and it worried him. It was almost dark now, and he moved back into the forest. There may be large things about, and it's best to have a tree nearby to use for cover or escape. It wasn't long before he picked up a new sent. There was a camp upwind of him, and the clean smell of the smoke made it a good chance it belonged to a more friendly of the intellegent beings.

The forest had become wet. A recent rain must have swept the area, and the lingering chill bit into Phox. His travel poncho did little to ease the cold once it had saturated his leather cuirass.

At last he saw the fire through the trees, and cautiously approached it. It was a small party, two men and a donkey. They were asleep, and their fire was beginning to run low. Phox waded into it's radient heat and sat down, placing another log on the fire and coaxing it back to a comfortabe burn. Nothing felt as good as that heat.

Removing his swords and poncho, Phox resumed tending to the fire. He sat back and waited for the dawn and the men to awake. Perhaps they knew what was amiss.
Rusty Claymore

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying