Supers in Chicago

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:18 am

"It seems a bit...extreme." Voltage said thoughtfully. "But if it gets results, I give my thumbs up."
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby OfficerSting » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:09 pm

"Right-O! Excellent! Justice has prevailed once more," exclaimed Chase.

"Back to our previous matter, Whirlwind, what was inside the folder you gave us?
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." [SIZE="2"]Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)[/SIZE]
OfficerSting

Postby rocklobster » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:36 am

Phobos said to the others. "I have some...personal business to take care of. Do you mind if I leave you folks?"
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:23 pm

--Conductor--

Anthony smiled and went into an elaborate bow. "Please consider my offer to join the Red, White, and Blues. The Successors have not given you such an invitation, so I truly hope you consider us."

--Whirlwind--

"Get going, Swirls, if you have to be somewhere. Just remember you're not out of the clear anytime soon."

She turned to leave herself when stopped by Chase's question. Her goggles came over her eyes as to mask her expression; she turned and said with a grin:

"A simple mission to test your skills, Young Blood. Just read the information and be a good sport."

The wind kicked up and she was gone.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby OfficerSting » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:05 pm

"Wait just a second, Conductor," interjected Chase.

"It is quite clear that Phobos belongs with the Successors."

Chase turned to Phobos.

"If our two organizations were truly as similar as the Conductor and Whirlwind would have you believe, we wouldn't be fighting eachother."

Chase turned to face the Conductor.

"In the end, while we both want justice, you and your patsies, Conductor, seek it through bureaucracy, while we seek it through individualism and freedom."

Chase turned once more, back to Phobos

"You see it don't you?"
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." [SIZE="2"]Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)[/SIZE]
OfficerSting

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:24 am

--The Conductor--

"Calm down, my boy. There is no reason to get your feathers ruffled up. Yoko and I are old friends, no organization is going to change that fact. Both of us do not believe in supers fighting, especially when striving for a common goal. Once you are older, I think you'll understand. I fight for the Red, White, and Blues because I believe that with a stronger, peace-oriented government, we will rise again. We all have our reasons; all personal and strong as we are. I am not forcing Joy to be a member for the Red, White, and Blues; I am telling her the invitation is there. When it comes down to it, it is ultimately her choice. I did the same thing with Yoko and Bernard. So please, set aside your hostility, Chase Paladin."

He smiled and headed back towards the concert hall.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:35 pm

Phobos nodded goodbye and backed down an alley. When she was sure she was alone, she took out a strange device and put it on her wrist.
"I think I'm in. I had to reveal a little bit of the truth." She said to her superior.
"Whatever it takes. Just don't tell them everything. We can't damage the timeline anymore than we already have."
Voltage walked up to the Conductor. "Hey, Anthony, be honest. Do you trust Phobos? My sixth sense is going off like a four-alarm fire."
OOC: Voltage's sixth sense is like Spider-man's "Spidey-sense".

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:28 pm

--The Conductor--

Anthony sighed, running his hand through his hair. It was times like these that he was thankful he had Bernard on his side, not only as a teammate but a friend.

"I don't know", he said after a few minutes, "you know, Berns, that I have a terrible track record for putting too must trust in people...and her being so devilishly attractive is not helping my judgement. Gosh...I don't know. If you don't mind, follow her a bit. I want your opinion of her. I'll talk to Yoko aswell when she swings back by, then the three of us can decide. Successor or not, I value her opinion."

He patted Voltage on the back and went to the door of the concert hall.

"That, and from what rumors I have heard, you have had little luck wooing Ms. Schehera. This might be an oppurtunity for you.", he said with familiar playfulness in his voice.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby OfficerSting » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:41 pm

"Don't you guys have something better to do than to loiter on Successor territory?" asked Chase reentering the building.

"Conductor, Voltage, I will concede that you are several cuts above the other people of your like, and Voltage, I must apologize for the blast of energy I delivered to you earlier tonight."

He walked over to the folder he had dropped earlier, picked it up, and began to read.

"Oh, and just a piece of friendly advice: don't let boss catch you on our turf, he won't be nearly as understanding as me.
OfficerSting

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:14 am

Voltage shook his head and said, "What's it going to take to get the two of us to team up? A worldwide war like the Great War?"
"Don't say such things!" said Phobos.
Voltage sighed. "Hey, Yoko. My offer still stands. There's a great soda shop that makes great milkshakes not far from here. They even have more than just the usual three. Heck, they even use real fruit!"
OOC: The usual three is chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. Oh, and take him up on the offer. After the date, I'll introduce a new villain.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:43 pm

OOC: Umm....Yoko's gone. She left awhile ago.....

--Whirlwind--

The monastery slowly came into view between the blackness of the night and the ash gray, rolling clouds. Towards the top of the left tower a single light dimly shone with familiar warmth. Yoko's feet gently tapped the window sill; she quietly slipped in and shut the glass behind her.

"You're awfully late, my child."

"I'm sorry, Sister Clairesse. I lost track of time.", she said as she pulled the curtain closed.

Yoko turned around to behold the familiar face of Sister Clairesse, one of the higher nuns at the mission. She had known her since she was a child; the same kind blue eyes and button-like nose. The nun's small lips puckered and twisted into a slight frown.

"You are still up to your ways I see, Ms. Schehera."

"Oh dear! You've used my last name....I must be in some real trouble."

"I have heard of your recent escapades. I am not pleased to say the least."

"What does it matter?", Yoko replied as she collapsed onto her small mattress.

"It matters because what you did was morally wrong!"

"The church was saved; that should be enough."

"Not enough to kill someone! Goodness, child! Did I not teach you the Commandments!?"

"You did..."

"Then why-"

"Why not? It isn't like I haven't killed someone before...."

"Yoko...", Clairesse softly muttered. The girl had rolled over and had her back facing her.

"Still, I don't want you doing such things anymore, whether the church's relics are in danger or not. Do you understand?"

"I do."

"Promise me."

"I promise...."

"Good. That's a good girl.", she said as she softly caressed Yoko's head. For a brief moment, she sighed and relaxed. Briefly. She stood back up, leaving the nun a bit confused.

"Where are you going now?"

"Confession.", she said as she shut the door behind her.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:00 pm

Voltage walked off. It was time for his civilian identity to take over. He hid in an alley and took off his costume revealing his civilain clothes underneath.
He later arrived at the convent Yoko lived in. He was on assignment to do a photo essay on it. He knocked on the door. He hoped the Mother Superior would remember his appointment.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:21 pm

--Whirlwind--

Yoko was on her way downstairs when she heard knocking at the door. Who could it be so late this hour? Instinctly, she slipped in the maintanance room that was the base room leading to her lair. There she had her work clothes and wig waiting. She quickly removed her goggles and super clothes and became a ordinary worker. As she quickly put on her guise, she remembered Mother Superior saying a photographer was on duty to get some photos of the church; by coming so late they would be able to get shots without interference.
She adjusted her wig once more before answering the door. It was a man with firm and gentle features; fine nose, shapely chin, nice eyes, with bright blonde hair. He was still tall laoded with his camera equipment. To her surprise, she considered him to be quite handsome.
"You must be the photographer. Please come inside. Someone will be with you shortly."
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:34 am

OOC: If I recall, cameras in those days had those heavy flash bulbs.
"Um...hello. The name's Bernard Lighton." He looked around and saw a statue of the Virgin Mary kneeling in prayer. He snapped a picture. "So, do you live here? What's it like to be around nuns all the time. I wouldn't know myself."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:31 pm

--Whirlwind--

"Huh...I see you are quite the interogist. The name's Schehera....Yoko Schehera. I live here as the primary caretaker of the grounds and stand-in organist. Living with the sisters is....an experience."

Yoko cut her words off from the tap as she saw Mother Superior round the hallway.

"That'll be her now. If you would excuse me."

She bowed her head slightly and left, nodding to the nun as she passed.

"I see you've met Ms. Schehera; she might seem hostile, but she is a good child. Anyway, welcome, my child. It is a pleasure to have you here. Please take all the pictures you like. Afterwards, the sisters and I would love to have you for coffee."
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:35 am

"I have the sneaking suspicion that I met her before." said Bernard. "I know I've seen those eyes somewhere."
Not far away, a mysterious woman in a snazzy costume reminiscent of the Riddler was breaking into a museum.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:05 pm

"It doesn't surprise me", the nun added, "people of Asian decent are not common around here. Ms. Schehera has been here with us for about twelve years now. Orphaned. She ventures out a lot to run errands for us, which is where you have probably noticed her. You might want to hold off on pictures of the main cathedral; some repair work is being done to the pipe organ. I'll have Ms. Schehera let you know when she is finished in there."

The Mother smiled and left.

--The Conductor--

BBBBBRRRIIINNNNNNGGGGG!

Anthony looked up in alarm, turning to Chase.

"My young friend! We have a Kapoot spotting! It's in Sector Four; quick to the museum!"
Phantom_Sorano

Postby OfficerSting » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:27 pm

Chase sighed.

"What shame have I, fighting alongside a flag."

He suddenly perked up.

"Alright! I suppose I'll just be glad that boss doesn't know."
OfficerSting

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:51 am

OOC: Lol! You're using Yoko's slang, Mr. Sting!

--The Conductor--

"Even if he does, that can be dealt with later. Come! We need to hurry!"

Anthony hurried down the corridor. As he neared the door, it suddenly blew open and hit him in the face. Whirlwind rolled her eyes and helped him up.

"Young Blood has a 'fly' potion, but you don't. Thought you guys could use help. Don't worry, Paladin; the boss won't go WWI if a Reb is with ya. Hold on to your baton, Tony. We're goin' air borne!"

The wind kicked up and both heroes blasted down the cobblestone streets of Chicago and towards the museum.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:49 pm

Bernard continued snapping photos. Then he said to the Mother Superior. "I'll take you up on that coffee."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:25 am

OOC: Hey...Rockie....could you play your villain? Pretty please?
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:42 pm

OOC: I was waiting for you to arrive on the scene. YOu weren't even supposed to know what she was up to. Oh, and I want her to seem formidable.
Wilder looked around as soon as she heard the bell.
"Drat! I was sloppy this time! I can't even leave my calling card! Oh well."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:31 pm

OOC: Come on, Rockie....my characters are hardcore.

--The Conductor and Whirlwind--

"There! Down there! I see someone!", Anthony called out over the yell of the wind.

"Just cuz my eyes are squinted don't mean I can't see!", Yoko retorted.

Anthony knew it was no time to argue; he pointed his baton towards the ground to stop himself. Yoko flew around and landed behind the villain.

"Madame! I demand to know why you are here!", the Conductor shouted.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:42 am

OOC: sigh, all right. Hope you don't mind a villain that uses Looney Tunes tactics.
Wilder reached behind her back and revealed a huge mallet. "Time for a major headache!" she exclaimed.
OOC: You can still have coffee with Bernard. I'm being realistic. He's too far across town to realistically know what's going on. I do plan on having him show up at the last minute, but don't chastise him.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:40 pm

--Conductor and Whirlwind--

"Look out!"

Anthony ran and pushed Yoko out of the way of the large mallet. Unfortunately, he wasn't quick enough.

"Conductor!", Yoko exclaimed, "Dijobu?!"**

He grimaced in reply, holding tightly to his ankle. It wasn't responded. Yoko raced towards the other woman, grabbing at her mallet with a great gale of wind pressure.

"No one hurts my friends!"

**Dijobu= Are you ok?
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:49 am

Bernard finished with the nuns and was on his way home when he heard some commotion. He saw signs of a scuffle inside a window for a jewelry store. He peeked in.
"It's my pals. And a new enemy?" Bernard thought. He looked around for a place to hide and changed. "HERO TIME!" he exclaimed.
Voltage rushed in. "Hope I'm not too late. Sorry, had an assignment in my alter ego." He turned to see Whirlwind. "We just keep running into each other, huh?"
"The name's Wilder!" said their new foe. "And you're not screwing up my chance to join the Kapoots!"

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:45 pm

--Conductor and Whirlwind--

"Voltage...", Anthony managed with a wince. A sharp pain ran up his leg; his bit his lip tightly.

"We have no time to do the Charleston, bud", interjected Yoko in her usual bluntness, "Tony took a good hit with this broad's hammer."

The heroine turned around and faced her attention towards the Kapoots after her recap.

"Listen here, chicky", she said was sass, "I don't care who in blazes you are! In this city, you aren't any more than the chew on the side walk! Use your brain and just go home!"

Her hand went up and with it a nearby sewer cover; she thrust her fist forward and the large metal disk went flying towards Wilder.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:54 pm

Wilder couldn't dodge. She was immediately knocked out.
"Well...that was thorough." said Voltage."Tony, let's let the cops cleanup from here. I'll take you to the hospital. Oh, and Whirlwind, the offer still stands. I have a cousin who owns a soda shop I sometimes use as HQ. He makes the best milkshakes in town."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:12 pm

OOC: What about Wilder?

Anthony shook his head; he could not go to a hospital in his costume, nor would he risk losing his identity.

"No.....it's okay. Just get me back to the concert hall. I have someone that can come and help."

Yoko turned her head towards them, keeping her eyes on the enemy.

"I'll take care of it, Tony."

"But..."

"I said I'll do it! Don't make my go back on it!"

"Thanks....Voltage, will you give me a hand?"

The hero attempted to stand and slumped over; Whirlwind extended her arm back and let him fall on it.

"Vol...tage....take 'em....home..."
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:31 am

OOC: Wilder's unconscious. Don't worry, I got plans for her :evil: In fact, you guys need to exit the scene so I can do just that. Time for the subplot!
Voltage lifted one of Anthony's arms on his shoulder. "Let's go, then. It doesn't look like that woman's going to be in any state for us to interact with her."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying