The Golden Age

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby goldenspines » Thu May 20, 2010 9:27 pm

OOC: Okie dokie, guys, let's see if I can jump in here. AnimeFoxGirl seems a bit lonely away from the rest of the RPers, so I hope you don't mind if I bump into you and hopefully that'll lead to something. XD

~William J. Langton~

William walked casually through the quiet streets of the harbor town. He had docked his boat a little ways down the coast from the town to avoid suspicion. But, he was relieved to have finally found some dry land and hopefully a warm meal and a warm bath. He approached the first tavern he saw and entered the door, straightening his hair as he went. But, to his surprise, the entire tavern was trashed as if there had been a fight just recently and there was no one to be seen besides a lovely, well-dressed young lady. William let out a long whistle, surveying the damage.

OOC: (not a wolf whistle though, mind you. He's not that creepy. XD) Also, question, since I'm trying to understand where everyone is. Are Gary and Raven still in this same tavern? If so, I can easily edit my post. ^_^;
goldenspines

Postby SeraphicCharm » Sat May 22, 2010 11:49 am

Eliza continued tending the stew while she heard people behind her. She turned to look, finding James and the cook who had been sleeping on the job. As he criticized her skill, she took the insults silently. Obviously he really didn't know what he was doing, and she didn't have the energy to bother to argue. As he stormed out of the galley, she recoiled inside at the name he called her...wench. She had heard it enough times from working at that greasy tavern, and she wasn't about to stand for it here. This was the Navy, not a pirate ship. After James tasted it, she waited to see what he would say; he had to have a better sense of taste than that other chef. When he expressed his approval, he smiled at her, somewhat awkwardly but with good intention nonetheless. Eliza smiled in return, a beam of sunshine that cut across the front of her face. She knew this is where she would start. "Thank you," she answered James. "Of course, I'll make things on my own that will taste a lot better, but I managed to recover the stew, I suppose."
SeraphicCharm

Postby Strafe » Sat May 22, 2010 7:36 pm

-James-

He nodded. It seemed that the HMS surprise would no longer have the worst food in the British Royal Navy, though he wondered what Captain Bridget would think.

As if fate had read his mind, Bridget walked in authoritatively, with Jillian huffing and puffing behind her. "What do we have here, Miss Saberre? Causing trouble? Messing with our poor chef here?" She chuckled dubiously.

"She's tryin' to poison the stew and kill us all! That she is!" Jillian accused, fuming.

"Hm... is that so, Miss Saberre? Trying to claim my ship as your own now, are you?" She shot a sympathetic, yet still condescending glance at Eliza. She was only going to do this because she hated Jillian. She was not doing anything for the new recruit. "Well then, I'm going to have to sort things out. You're punishment is that you will be confined to the Kitchen during the hour before meal times, and will be mandated to prepare food for us." She smirked. "And Jillian here won't have to deal with you because you are not allowed to be in the same room as he is."

Jillian was smiling until he heard Eliza's "Punishment." His jaw dropped open. "What?!? What was that?!? I mean-- But-- Capta-- But-"

Bridget shot him down with her ice cold glare. "No buts, ensign. You are now assigned to cleaning duty."

Jillian walked out without a word, too angry to even show it.

Bridget turned to leave as well, without even giving Eliza a single glance. "Lieutenant Jackson, please show Miss Saberre to her private quarters."

James nodded. The Captain was still thoughtful of Eliza in that way at least, so as not to make her room with the men, which was one thing he had worried about. Still, he was a bit dumbfounded, as he had thought that Bridget would have been relieved at another feminine presence.

"Come with me." He headed towards the quarters.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby Wind » Sun May 23, 2010 2:08 pm

OOC: could someone PM me an update please
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Strafe » Sun May 23, 2010 2:28 pm

OOC: Alright, I'll PM you.
Strafe

Postby SeraphicCharm » Mon May 24, 2010 1:06 pm

After the captain left the room, Eliza couldn't help but smile to herself. Even if this captain wasn't the most caring of sorts, she had a way about her that Eliza truly respected. Hehe, punished to do what I wanted...and she knew that's what I wanted, too. Well, I guess I'll have to put up with it. She followed James down one of the narrow hallways towards where her room would be. At least she didn't have to share with any of the men.
SeraphicCharm

Postby Wind » Mon May 24, 2010 4:35 pm

rocklobster (post: 1393388) wrote:"Either one. I'm a freelancer myself. I lost my ship when I got framed. If you need a deckhand, I'm available." said Gary.

Raven looked him up and down and said " You wouldn't mind taking orders from a lass..." A little bit of her scottish accent came through when she was on adrenaline rush or any of a wider range of emotions. Rianna wisely took gary aside and said " I think that means you are hired but be warned that my captian does collects weapons and she does know how to use them as well..."

[quote="goldenspines (post: 1395608)"]OOC: Okie dokie, guys, let's see if I can jump in here. AnimeFoxGirl seems a bit lonely away from the rest of the RPers, so I hope you don't mind if I bump into you and hopefully that'll lead to something. XD

~William J. Langton~

William walked casually through the quiet streets of the harbor town. He had docked his boat a little ways down the coast from the town to avoid suspicion. But, he was relieved to have finally found some dry land and hopefully a warm meal and a warm bath. He approached the first tavern he saw and entered the door, straightening his hair as he went. But, to his surprise, the entire tavern was trashed as if there had been a fight just recently and there was no one to be seen besides a lovely, well-dressed young lady. William let out a long whistle, surveying the damage.

OOC: (not a wolf whistle though, mind you. He's not that creepy. XD) Also, question, since I'm trying to understand where everyone is. Are Gary and Raven still in this same tavern? If so, I can easily edit my post. ^_^] OOC: I will work with your post Goldy

IC: Raven turned around to the sound of a low whistle and sighed " What is your problem..." She glanced around at the damage and picked up her sword from where it had fallen " Riana, My nose is broken again see if you can find me a clean towel in this despicable place..." She fixed her nose with an audible crunch and said looking at William " Are you looking at me for some particular reason?" Riana ran behind the counter to get the cloth her captian asked for and laughed as she realized that her captain was confronted with two men totally in awe of her.

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Wind

Postby Strafe » Tue May 25, 2010 2:44 pm

-James-

"And here it is." He opened the door to Eliza's cabin, formerly the rum hold. The rum hold was now the former cargo bay, the cargo bay was now the former Jillian's room. And Jillian's room was now with the rest of the crew.

"Sorry if it smell like rum, but we try to fix for you."

The small room had a bed, a wardrobe and desk, which were all bolted to the floor so they wouldn't slide with the waves. The floor had been scrubbed, and some perfume had been sprayed, but the sickly sweet smell of fermented cane sugar still lingered in the air.

Bridget walked in, promenading around the room. "Well, Ms. Saberre, its nothing too bourgeoisie, but I believe it is appropriate for you, yes?" She turned to face her with an official air, raising her hand to her head in salute. "Welcome to the HMS Surprise."
Strafe

Postby SeraphicCharm » Tue May 25, 2010 6:29 pm

Eliza gazed with wide eyes at the quarters. She had always slept in the kitchen of the tavern--not very comfortable or safe in that town. Despite some cleaning, the faint scent of rum still hung in the air, but in a way it made her feel more at home.
Looking around at the wardrobe and desk, she thought for a moment. Well, I don't exactly have anything to put into the wardrobe right now, no extra clothing or anything, and I have no use for the desk yet. I don't even know how to write! But maybe that could change...
Turning to face the captain, Eliza saluted in the best way she knew how. "Thank you, captain. I believe this will do splendidly." A hint of a smile played around the corners of her mouth. She was really starting to like the character of this tough-as-nails captain. Maybe one day the two of them could get along...but not today. And Eliza was content with that.
SeraphicCharm

Postby Strafe » Tue May 25, 2010 8:09 pm

OOC: I just want to say that I like your writing style, Seraphic Charm. Very coherent and thoughtful. Well, everyone here is really good also. Thanks for sticking with the RP... even though its slow...

-Bridget and James-

She smiled officially, not too open, but still genuinely, then let her arm fall to her side.

"As an enlisted member of this ship, you will receive a salary with which you may do as you wish when we reach a port, in addition to your current savings," she said, motioning to the wardrobe. "In the meantime, you may borrow my clothing," she added, slightly irked by that prospect. It would not be properly clean if Eliza were to wear the same thing everyday, but if sizes were different, it could be a problem.

Bridget rolled her eyes. "Well aside from that, first order of business. I believe the stew is ready. Why don't we call everyone on deck?" She looked at one of the sailors, who then scurried off and rang the dinner bell.

The sound of the light hearted jeering of rough men began to accumulate by the kitchen as the crew assembled. Bridget headed out once again, but paused mid stride, looking back at Eliza carefully. "Oh and one last thing. I would watch out for Jillian. He doesn't take well to punishment." She turned around and left, returning to her own cabin, making sure to leave on a low note.

James nodded solemnly. "But never mind. Right now, we serve food." He headed to the kitchen and started ladling the stew into bowls, handing them to the crew members in a line.
Strafe

Postby goldenspines » Wed May 26, 2010 7:50 am

OOC: Thanks Wind. I'll see what I can do with it. THOUGH, quick note: sadly. I'm going to be gone for the rest of the week (it's con time around here). Therefore, if need be, you can press forward without me and I'll catch up when I come back.

IC: "No, no problem at all." William replied to the woman who had interrupted his thoughts, "I just came for a drink and maybe a meal." William blinked several times, looking around the room and trying not to look at the obviously broken nose of this lovely woman.
"Are you looking at me for some particular reason?" the woman challenged him.
William quickly looked away, but found it harder than usual to not look at this woman.
"Just wondering who started this bar fight, is all." William gave into his temptation and looked the woman straight in the eye and smiled.
goldenspines

Postby AnimeFoxGirl » Wed May 26, 2010 11:44 am

Sasaria looked at the man and woman talking and shrugged. She wasn't interested in their conversation. She continued to look around the tavern a bit more.
[color="Blue"]Now, O Israel, the Lord who created you says: "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine." (Isaiah 43:1)[/color]
Come join Wizard 101 and save Wizard City! https://www.wizard101.com/game
(use this code 22663-12124-64782-43581 to unlock True Friend Chat and get free Crowns!)
AnimeFoxGirl

Postby SeraphicCharm » Wed May 26, 2010 12:38 pm

OOC: Thank you, Strafe ^_^ Great job with this RP!

At the notion of sharing some of the captain's clothes, Eliza unconsciously surveyed the captain's figure. With Bridget's petite frame, it would be quite difficult for Eliza to attempt to squeeze into some of those custom-tailored uniforms. But that could be arranged later.

After the captain departed with final words of impending doom, Eliza followed James to the kitchen, standing by in case more stew was needed for the sailors. She had heard so many stories from others about spending their lives at sea, but never had she dreamed of doing it herself. This would be an adventure she wouldn't soon forget...
SeraphicCharm

Postby Wind » Wed May 26, 2010 1:01 pm

goldenspines (post: 1396698) wrote:OOC: Thanks Wind. I'll see what I can do with it. THOUGH, quick note: sadly. I'm going to be gone for the rest of the week (it's con time around here). Therefore, if need be, you can press forward without me and I'll catch up when I come back.

IC: "No, no problem at all." William replied to the woman who had interrupted his thoughts, "I just came for a drink and maybe a meal." William blinked several times, looking around the room and trying not to look at the obviously broken nose of this lovely woman.
"Are you looking at me for some particular reason?" the woman challenged him.
William quickly looked away, but found it harder than usual to not look at this woman.
"Just wondering who started this bar fight, is all." William gave into his temptation and looked the woman straight in the eye and smiled.
She looked at him and flashed him a brilliant smile and said " I did, because I do not agree with what the bloody navy are doing..." She paused and sighed " Also just because I enjoy a good fight is stirs the blood and makes you feel alive..." She knew that she had gotten William's attention and smiled again. She flipped a gold coin in her hand and said " I will buy you a drink and a meal if you don't mind the company of two women such as we are..." She said to the innkeeper " Three of your best meals and Three mugs of your best Rum and make it snappy..." She moved fluidly and sat down at a table in the back corner with her back to the wall. Her look said Well come and join me if you dare.

Wind

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Thu May 27, 2010 11:49 am

OOC: Sorry for my absense; two jobs and bills....no fun.

--Captain Lark--

By this time, the old seadog was growing rather irritated with the pompous little tike that had renewed his threat against his ship. Eloquette words or not, it did not change the insult.

"Ya dang fool! I ain't talkin' bout cakes er nothin! I said to get away from meh ship if you know what's good fer ya! Does no one on yer ship have any sense?! 'Surely the ladies does, methinks!'"

He then directed his attention to Song, taking off his sombrero and rolling it up as a megaphone.

"You there! Misses! Yes! You beautiful enchantress you! Fine maiden of the brine! Tell yer cap't, the fool he is, what I said. I ain't got nothing here on this ship, just me and my dear little Mercutio. If he makes more threats against me, I will use my powers as a high-rankin' pirate lord and take down yer ship."

**Lark is a high-ranked pirate captain amongst a league of pirate lords**
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Strafe » Thu May 27, 2010 12:58 pm

OOC: Hrm... well if you end it like that, how am I supposed to pick it up. It sounds like the introduction to some grand adventure... Oh wait... this is one. heh.

And that's alright Phantom. Work comes first, obviously.

-James-

Eliza looked wistfully out to the sea, her dreamy gaze telling of her hope for her new life. He watched her for a while, after the crew had been served. She just looked so peaceful. In such a busy world, he could not help but admire the people who could stop and look at everything at once without worry.

-Jonathan and Song-

He heard that last part loud and clear, thanks to the man's makeshift loud-speaky-majig. Jonathan didn't know what a megaphone was. Some sort of impressively large telephone? Jonathan cocked his head to the side.

"Hey wait a minute, sir. Are you saying that you won't accomodate us and you're some sort of Pirate Lord? Well I am rather inclined to think that you're bluffing, seeing as your ookay mohshee is rather pretty looking. Though, I'd dare say that our own vessel isn't quite as impressive. Well as you ought to know, we are pirates. Pirates, I say. So you ought to show some respect and be a bit more fearf--"

Song snatched the loud-speaky-majig from Jonathan and put the end to his ear.

"Shut up," she said quietly, though the loud-speaky-majig made him fall back and cover at his ears at the volume. She turned to the ship's captain.

"Um, I am terribly sorry about this child. He is a bit excitable today. I believe he forgot to take his pills or something. Well, we're sorry to have bothered you. Aren't we?" Song death glared Jonathan, who froze up and nodded meekly. "Yes, very sorry. It won't happen again, thank you, goodbye."

Song lowered the loud-speaky-majig, glaring at her foolish captain. "Idiot."

"Well what did you expect? We're pirates aren't we." Jonathan grinned.

"Not at all." Song shot him down cleanly.

"Oh? Then I suppose it wouldn't mean anything if I did this?" He pointed his gun at the man's general direction, trying to shoot above him to scare him.

Song's eyes grew wide in fear as he was actually aiming straight for the man's head. In an instant, she drew her sword and slashed the bullet that came from the gun.

The sound of the gunshot, followed immediately by a clang of steel echoed across the water, and the bullet fell into the water.

Song looked at Jonathan furiously, then turned to the captain, terrified of what he might do.

OOC: Seraphic Charm, I know there was no actual prompt, but you could notice James Staring or something.
Strafe

Postby Wind » Thu May 27, 2010 1:46 pm

OOC: Rocklobster you asked me to help you get back into the RPG here you go

IC: Riana had gotten the towel for her captain's nose and then walked over and sat at the bar. She was sipping her tankard of Rum. Dhe was loyal to her captain but didn't understand her adtitude towards life sometimes. She looked up to see a mysterious man looking at her and said " What's your problem???" She sighed and walked towards him, expecting another fight

Wind

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri May 28, 2010 1:09 pm

OOC: Mr. Strafe...I officially LOVE Song! Hahaha!

--Captain Lark--

"What is tarnation is going on over there?!"

The old captain shook and cursed like an angry bird, fluffing his plumage in frustration. He had been pushed too far! First insulted....now shot at!?! This was too much for the honorable old captain to bare! As quickly as the change of tide, he disappeared under the ship and reamerged with a large barrel-like gun sitting atop a wheeled plank. Lark pulled the deadly instrument to the center of the ship, and thrust a large roll of bullets in the machine. His trips to the orient were not in vain; he held in his possession a great gattling gun!

"'Who calls me a villain?! Breaks my plate across, pulls off my whiskers and blows them into my face, tweaks me by the nose, gives me the lie of the throat as deep as the lungs, who does me this!? Ha! Sounds like I should take it, for I will not be pigeon-livered and lack gall to make oppression bitter! Ere this!"

His arm cranked out the first round of bullets in an angry fury. He let the gunsmoke settle before he continued to fire out his Shakespearean references and gunpowdered weapons.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Strafe » Fri May 28, 2010 1:53 pm

OOC: Thanks! lol. She's actually based off my cousin, who always makes me feel dumb when I try to be funny. Not that I act like Jonathan. heh.

-Jonathan and Song-

"Ha! Look at that. The coward fled. I believe I did some good there." Jonathan proudly put his hands on his hips and nodded his head affirmatively.

Song stared, speechless and transfixed, at the Uke-Moshi. There would be blood soon. Her instincts, sharp as her sword, told her that.

"Well, I do think that we had best be off, seeing as there is a port... where there will be port," Jonathan smirked at his "clever" pun, "And of course, women."

Song said nothing. She cautiously shifted her grip on her sword.

"Who calls me a villain?! Breaks my plate across, pulls off my whiskers and blows them into my face, tweaks me by the nose, gives me the lie of the throat as deep as the lungs, who does me this!? Ha! Sounds like I should take it, for I will not be pigeon-livered and lack gall to make oppression bitter! Ere this!"

Jonathan threw back his head and laughed. "To flee or not to flee: That is the question." He looked amusedly at the man who so tarnished the reputable name of Shakespeare. He seemed to have brought out some contraption, and fed some sort of belt into it. Strange. It looked like some sort of new age instrument. Pointed directly at them.

Song's eyes grew wide in Consternation. Quietly, she warned him without looking. No sudden movements, or they would both die. "Captain... abandon ship now..."

Jonathan chuckled. There was no need to worry. "Why, that darned contraption probably doesn't do anything but make funny popping sounds."

Song's heartbeat rose. No time. No time. No time. There was no time for the captain's idiocy now. "No no no... go! Now!" She whisper screamed at him.

Jonathan smirked. "Oh, come of it dear, there's nothing to--"

Song leaped toward him, sending the both of them crashing to the deck as the bullets rained upon them.

"Oh. I see. That kind of funny popping sound. Heh." Jonathan laughed lightly at the very heavy situation. The position they were in however, did not make it easy to take it seriously. Song lay on top of Jonathan, pressing close so they didn't get hit by a stray bullet.

"Goodness dear, whenever did you become so forward? Isn't this the slightest bit indecent where you come from?" Jonathan smirked flirtatiously. Song blushed slightly, but instantly brought her sword to his face.

Jonathan felt the almost inexorable urge to say 'Is this a dagger I see before me', but decided better on it. He remained silent until the firing stopped.

It seemed rather calm for a moment, and luckily, they were not full of bullet holes. Song got up from the Captain, uncomfortable with what just happened, and looked up to survey the ship's damage. Their ship was torn to shreds. They began to sink. The Sylvienne slowly descended into the deep water. There was no room for any life boats. They could only hang on to loose floating planks. Within Ten Minutes the ship was completely gone.

"HELP!!!" said Jonathan. "I can't swim."

Song rolled her eyes in frustration and grabbed onto him reluctantly. Then she thought for a moment, curiously pondering what it would mean if she was about to do what she was going to do. Why not? She pushed her captain away back into the water. "Whoops. I slipped. Not."

Jonathan kicked and screamed, bobbing up and down in the water, arms flailing. "Ahh no! HELP HELP!!! WAHH!!! THIS IS MUTINY!!! MUTINY I SAY!"

Song waited a little while shaking her head in disapproval, then slowly swam out and pulled him back.

Jonathan coughed angrily. "Why... Why did you do that?!? I could have Died! DIED!"

Song said nothing.

Jonathan looked away, hurt. "Hmph! Fine then. What are we going to do now?"

Song looked at him distastefully, then looked away, again saying nothing.
Strafe

Postby rocklobster » Sat May 29, 2010 4:12 am

"None." said Gary. "I'm just looking for a job. Need a deckhand?"
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Wind » Sat May 29, 2010 12:02 pm

rocklobster (post: 1397366) wrote:"None." said Gary. "I'm just looking for a job. Need a deckhand?"

Rianna looked him over and said " Of course we can always use another deckhand but you are going to have to prove yourself loyal to the black pearl... Is that a problem??"

Wind

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sat May 29, 2010 12:57 pm

OOC: Haha! You amuse me so, Mr. Strafe!

--Cap't. L--

Lark watched the scene like an amused child wondering over strange contraptions in a toy store; it was simply too funny for words. He amused himself as he surveyed the arrogant boy put in his place....but the fact that the young captain could not swim was even more for him to enjoy. The act between him and the fair second mate followed suit. Lark watched the romantic tension with great interest; not only was this boy ignorant of matters at hand and old pirates, but also women. He started to laugh and with his laughter his anger subsided.

Gently, the Uke-Moshi swam closer to the couple floating atop a makeshift raft. A rope ladder was then extended over the side.

"Come aboard. No fool such as yourself could be trouble, 'sides, the lady seems to be of sound mind, so I trust you'll keep yer captain in check."
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Strafe » Sat May 29, 2010 1:37 pm

OOC: Thanks again! And I'm enjoying my character getting laughed at and pitied by a man with a dead parrot on his shoulder, who sails on a goddess of regurgitated food. Jonathan's self esteem must be at least a little bit diminished by now.

-Jonathan and Song-

Jonathan looked up at the man who had almost shot them full of red hot bullets, sabotaged their ship and left them floating out in the middle of the sea. Except that he didn't leave them in the middle of the sea. Still, their luxurious... garbage barge was in shambles, and it was by mere chance that they were still alive.

"Uh... with all due respect sir, I do not think it would speak well of me if I, Jonathan Hartford, heir to the vast Hartford estate, stooped so low as to beg for charity from the man who almost tore me to pieces. I do, however, appreciate your care for our well being. Now if you'll excuse us, we'll be going... uh somehow..." Jonathan looked to the side, offended.

Completely ignoring Jonathan's existence, Song cleared her throat. "Ahem. Yes. We would very much like to be guests on your wonderful ship, so we don't drown, die of exhaustion, get eaten by sharks, Sea Serpents, Giant Kraken, ridiculously large carnivorous fish or worse."

Jonathan shot up immediately, scrambling with his life to grab on to the ladder. Song smirked, and followed suit. "I was bluffing captain. There are no sharks near here. Only Sea Serpents, Giant Kraken, and Ridiculously large carnivorous fish and worse." Jonathan was too busy staring at the water in horror to say anything to that.

But in that instant, the small port town came into view. Jonathan simmered in anger. He had been tricked. They probably could have kicked from where they were, and there was probably nothing worse than guppies in the water. Well then, he'd avenge the poor Sylvienne, and fight this man hand to hand. He was after all, quite the pugilist.

He stood up on deck and pulled back his fist from behind the man, ready to smash him hard in the back of his neck.

Song, who for a reason she could not remember was a master of a ridiculous number of Martial Arts, from Hsing I Ch'uan to Aikijujitsu, smiled as she leaped onto the deck, dashed in front of him, grabbed his punch, shifted her body weight, twisted, pulled down, and turned, sending the captain flipping over and crashing into the deck. Irimi nage. Jonathan stayed on the ground in terrible pain, utterly humiliated at being flipped over by a woman that was a head shorter than he was. Song, acting as if nothing happened, turned to the Captain of the Uke-Moshi, bowing to the waist.

"Thank you for saving us. My name is Song Yin Yue, and this," she said, mentioning to her captain who was sprawled on the floor, as an object. "This is Jonathan Hartford. The penny-broke heir to the Hartford Poverty, as so described by himself."

Jonathan scowled on the floor.
Strafe

Postby SeraphicCharm » Sat May 29, 2010 3:18 pm

Eliza gazed wistfully out at the sea as the sun sank below the horizon. She had no idea what needed to be done now; her only job was now to cook dinner every night. But what would she do before and after that? What kind of night duties were there for her? She had absolutely no idea how a ship was run, all the names of the decks, what she was supposed to be doing so she didn't look so much like a helpless child in a world of adults. This shadow of fear rose on her own horizon, eclipsing her fantasies of joy and hope. Could this turn out to be a disaster after all? Maybe...but how would anyone be able to know what might be, or what might have been? Feeling somewhat dazed, Eliza returned below deck to her cabin (after making several wrong turns along the way) and sat on her bed, just thinking.
SeraphicCharm

Postby Strafe » Sat May 29, 2010 8:28 pm

OOC: Cue Drunk Scene heheh. And don't mind time and setting, when its night somewhere, it doesn't have to be night everywhere else.

-Bridget and James-

The night was young, but the brandy wasn't. She had been looking forward to this bottle all day. Vintaged 1702. Tonight was going to be a good night.

She was slow and deliberate as she opened the bottle. Taking her trusty corkscrew, flirtatiously turning it into the cork, gently pulling it, taking care not to spill. Pop went the cork. She beamed like a child receiving a Christmas present, took the snifter on her dresser, and poured the luscious golden elixir into it. Bringing it to her lips and inhaling the slight burn as it wisped across her nose, she smiled dreamily.

She tipped it slightly, closing her lips so the brandy merely glanced them, begging to be let in. Opening her lips, she let some of it trickle in. It was heavenly. She savored the well aged liquid, and felt her mouth being set ablaze with the passionate flame of desire. She couldn't take it anymore. She took a long, indulgent outpouring of the glass, emptying it.

Her nerves quivered, catching fire and burning for a moment of ecstasy, then settled down into a satisfied daze. The world around her seemed a little bit better now. And a little bit hotter as well. She took off her jacket, let down her hair and unbuttoned the top buttons of her shirt. She exhaled in relief, and poured another glass.

30 minutes later, she was gone.

James found her as he checked on her at this time. She struggled to stand. He helped her up.

"Edward? Is that you?" She mumbled, leaning on his strong shoulders. James silently led her to her bed. But she refused. "No... we have to save Eliza." James looked at her questionably.

"Please?" Her eyes were leaning closed, but there was a fire in them.

Something told him she was serious. James wordlessly led her out to Eliza's room, and knocked on her door.
Strafe

Postby SeraphicCharm » Sun May 30, 2010 8:28 pm

Eliza heard a soft knock on her door. Oh no, I knew there was something I didn't do right... Cautiously she opened her door, and there stood James and Captain Bridget. James looked slightly fatigued, and Eliza wondered why...until she took a good look at Bridget. She had had one too many a sip of happy juice, and now she was drunk; Eliza could identify the look and smell of liquor anywhere. But the captain didn't seem angry at all, just more...concerned? Worried? Depressed? The captain's stare was negative in nature, but somewhat vague. "Is there something wrong?" Eliza asked the two of them.
SeraphicCharm

Postby Strafe » Mon May 31, 2010 6:51 pm

-James and Bridget-

James looked worried, but said nothing, instead giving a look to Eliza that said, 'please help me.' Captain could get dangerous when drunk. Bridget looked slowly up in Eliza's direction, her gaze cloudy. "Eliza? Is that you? Why? But you died. I killed you. I watched you die. Sister, did you come back to kill me?" Bridget began to tremble in fear.
Strafe

Postby SeraphicCharm » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:04 pm

Sister? Eliza's brow wrinkled in confusion. Killing me? James looked like he could use a hand in this situation, too. Eliza gently guided Captain Bridget over to the bed in the cabin and sat next to her, holding her hand. She flashed James a reassuring and sympathetic smile, then turned her attention to the trembling captain. "I'm not sure I understand...but I want answers, too. Tell me everything you remember about the night I died." The safest way through this conflict would be to avoid blaming Bridget of Eliza's alleged murder. While she waited for a response, Eliza poured through her mental file of her past, examining every document for anything about her death...and her sister. Did she even have a sister? She never had a sister that she could recall; then again, Bridget had to be over ten years older than Eliza was. There was nothing about Bridget's physical appearance that struck her as familiar, either. But if Bridget was that much older, she would definitely be able to remember her--their--past better.
SeraphicCharm

Postby Strafe » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:58 pm

OOC: So... common sense doesn't work with a drunk person... obviously

-Bridget and James-

James sighed and stood at a sort of attention. It was a familiar rant, and he did not appreciate being disturbed by a possibly fabricated past. Though it may as well be true.

Bridget looked to the floor, trembling in fear. She did not hear Eliza. "I was there... the funeral. You smiled. But you were dead. Then they buried you. I saw. I saw. And it was my fault. I poisoned you. I didn't mean to, but I did. I did it anyways. I stuck it in your mouth. And you saw me. I promised you it was candy. And you believed me, sister. You smiled, and swallowed it whole. And then you fell to the ground. You saw me, but you still smiled. Why? Eliza? Is that you? Am I going to die? Did you kill me then too?"
Strafe

Postby SeraphicCharm » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:59 pm

Obviously, common sense wasn't going to work this time...Eliza was troubled further by Captain Bridget's explanation. "Well, um, I'm not going to kill you." She let out a long sigh of defeat. "I just want to help you now."
SeraphicCharm

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying