The Golden Age

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:38 am

Triss had jumped when he heard the man behind her. She half turned and looked at Shade, not sure if he knew she was thief of not. She breathed a silent sigh of relief when they went in.

Triss glared at the bartender in disgust. I'm no ordinary urchin! I am the mistress thief!! She thought. She was very surprised when Shade got up and offered her a mug of coffee. "Thenk you." she mumbled, taking the mug and sipping. She ducked below the window, and sat with her back to the building. She could still hear what was going on inside.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby Strafe » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:02 pm

-Song-

She walked in a solemn, diligent pace down the streets, ignoring the cursory glances various passersby threw her. She had no time to be self conscious of her foreign appearance, as she looking for the one alleyway that the man lived in. He was there the last time she was here, though he might have died by now. The man was very sick when she had seen him last several months ago. He had a violent sounding cough that reminded her of a dying fox. She didn't remember how she knew what a dying fox sounded like, since in her 2 years of life, she hadn't ever seen a fox. Perhaps the man would know what a fox looked like, she mused.

She walked past a cafe, peering in to see her captain talking to some scrappy looking girl. She rolled her eyes. Jonathan usually hit on affluent looking ladies, so this was almost a joke. She couldn't see any redeeming factor to the urchin like girl, who seemed absolutely below Jonathan in every way. Perhaps Jonathan was merely looking for an easy pick up, which was none of Song's business, but still... No never mind. It just wasn't her business.

She was about to turn to leave, when a darkly dressed man stepped and offered a cup of coffee to the girl who tried to hit her with a bottle of brandy. Song ignored the perfectly common place situation and turned, walking aw--

Song turned back around slowly to the girl. Her lip twitched on her emotionless face. No one but Jonathan would have been able to tell that she was angry. In fact, she looked easy, almost happy. "Oh, hello there. I didn't see you. How have you been? Hit anyone with any bottles of brandy lately?" Her eyebrow twitched slightly. "Or have you found a new ship to steal from? Tell me, I'm curious about our former stowaway."
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:19 pm

Triss glared at Song. She wasn't in the mood for this. "None of your business." she growled. her sack of the things she stole where behind her. "And what are YOU doing here? Looking for another girl to get your hands on?" she said, immitating Song's coolness. the kitten sat in Triss' shoulder, staring up at the woman curiously.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Mister » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:44 pm

Florance melted inwardly, he knew many feared and hated the Royal Navy. but being dismissed by this lass was painful. he stood slowly, ignoring John, and bowed to the lady. "my sincerest apologies, Milady," his voice was low and deeply repentant, "i cannot turn back the deeds of my fellows in the Navy, but please, if you can find it in your heart to forgive me of their trespasses, i would be deeply grateful." he straitened up and looked into Johnathan's eyes, the man seemed honest and good enough.

"My name is Commodore Florance Bane, of His Majesty's Navy. I have come to resupply and parole some french prisoners of war. it's no secret mission i am on, but, i am on a search for the final treasure of Juan Salvatore, it is said that the possessor of this treasure can have any wish granted. i have been commissioned by His Majesty to find and retrieve it to London. do you have an interest in such things? or any knowledge of such?" he sat down again and sipped his tea, he looked at Bruce and said, "ready the supplies would you? and be sure to check the reserves Mr.McFarley!"

Bruce stood\, bowed, and walked out briskly. Bane looked to John, waiting for his reply.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby Strafe » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:20 pm

OOC: It doesn't say anything against a passing reference to homosexuality in the RP rules, but be careful Dia. This can be a touchy subject.

-Song-

Did she just... call her... queer? Not straight? Lesbian? That she wanted to get her hands on girls? Song stood there, blank faced for more than five seconds, completely unsure of how to react. It was the first time anyone had suggested such a thing. Was she supposed to get angry? Sad? She blinked. Angry was probably the most reasonable reaction.

She looked to the darkly dressed man beside the crude mouthed girl and gave him a pleading look. The look wasn't for her, but it was for the girl who she was about to nearly kill for speaking of her in that manner. She was faily certain that her eye was towards men, though she wasn't quite sure what that entailed. Still, she knew that it was a terrible offense to suggest the opposite.

OOC: Maybe not so universally bad in this day and age, but remember, this is 18th century England. Lots of things were very very bad then.

-Jonathan-

"Juan Salvatore, you say? Well, I am familiar with his trial and execution, though I cannot say I have any background on his treasure. Though I must add that it sounds rather outlandish and fairy tale-like. Are you sure it's not just some myth that some drunken seafarer decided to fabricate? If any wish could be granted, then I would find myself instantly on the next boat to this holy grail of riches." He acted as if it wasn't any big deal, but he made careful note of what this man said of the treasure. If any scrap of it was true, then perhaps there was hope in a hopeless world.
Strafe

Postby acgifford » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:59 am

-Claira-

Claira heard the soldier appoligize, but she ignored him. She did feel that maybe she shouldnt have been so harsh with him. But....No..she would not appoligize for her behavior.

Just then a man dressed in dark clothes strode in. He asked for two cups of coffee then went outside and gave a girl the other cup. She turned her attention back to the conversation. The soldier mentioned something about a treasure. Hmm...interesting. She listened more intently.
acgifford

Postby Diamond Dragon » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:09 am

Suddenly Triss heard a soldier inside talking about a treasure. Treasure? Immediatly interested, triss listened harder, ignoring everyone else....
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Nami » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:09 am

~Shade McKellen~

Shade watched the little encounter with no interest and when he saw Song look at him pleadingly he almost chuckled. He cleared his throat, "well, I think that's quite enough." he muttered, noticing Triss no longer cared about their presence. However, Shade stiffened at the mention of treasure, where there was treasure to be had, there were pirates. Slowly he looked into the coffee shop, more intriguied than ever now.

Now on guard, he slowly stepped back into the shop and got a re-fill on his coffee, and at the same time listening in, if he could snag a few more pirates before this year was out, then he would be happier than a child who had seen Santa at Christmas.

His heart raced at the very idea of capturing those murderous black-hearted scoundrels at their own game. Oh what joys he could have with bringing them back to the noose that would greet them like an old friend ready to strangle them for betrayl. He closed his eyes trying to calm himself, and continued to listen. Juan Salvatore, he had heard that name before...

--------------------

~Cecilia~

Slipping down the darkening streest of London was not an easy feat by any means especially when you are on the wanted list for Pirates and have evaded and escaped hangings more than once. However, in the back water parts of town where teh rich didn't reside, people usually let you slip around like a greasy rat and take what you needed.

Cecilia currently sat in one of those backwater Taverns where no decent fellow would ever be caught at, a pint of beer sat in front of her, untouched. She was already so drunk that words didn't mean anything, she paid her bill, took the pint and stumbled from the Tavern.

Cecilia sang old pirate shanty's at the top of her lungs, ignoring the looks she was getting from the other citizens who lived in this place, or the laughter. Some of them even joined in which made Cecilia sing louder than a banshee. Until she reached teh good parts of town, then she sang the best she could, people grimaced and some grinned as her thick long black hair dangled out of her red and white bandana. She threw her arms out and then saw someone interesting, someone she recognized, or at least she thought she recognized.

"OH BY THE GREAT SUNS!" she shouted running, (rather nearly falling) and slamming into Song.

"I can't belif et!" she slurred, alchohol ripe on her breath, she embraced Song. "My old fliens from Sinpadore!" she let go and grinned merrily. "Let's get us a dreeenk!" she howled and looked into the coffee-shop. "here now...le-leess go in heeere!"
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Mister » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:19 pm

Bane chuckled and replied to John, "i agree, it does sound like just a legend. But, they say all legends have a margarine of truth behind them." He was half aware of the small gathering of people by the windows and inside the cafe. Florance noticed the commotion outside, but ignored it. He looked down at his tea and said, "there is little to be known about this treasure, and more importantly, its whereabouts. My Crew and I raided and sunk a French Merchant vessel just before leaving the Caribbean, we learned from some survivors that the French Navy is also searching for this treasure. More to the point, they've had more success in finding it. If what they tell me is true, a certain ship named the Decadence, is carrying a parcel written by Juan Salvatore's hand. its rumored that it holds a clue to the treasure... but who can be sure?"

Florance sat back in his chair and met Jonathan's eyes. His gaze was searching and questioning. What would be this man's reaction to such information, even to him it sounded a little too good to be true. after a moment he spoke again, "my informants inform me that the Decadence is sailing for France in two weeks, from the Galapagos Islands."

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby Strafe » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:17 am

-Jonathan-

"Well, there are always sources to all sorts of information. Some valid, some not. You probably don't have much of a choice in following this treasure, it seems, so this French ship is probably of utmost importance to you, again, valid or not. I would hate to intrude on your quest, though I cannot say I'm uninterested." His gaze drifted to the window, where Song was being embraced by a drunk girl. She was quite the busy woman, it seemed. Jonathan chuckled. "Well, I hate crowded places, and it seems this place is about to become one, so I must bid you farewell." He extended his hand to shake the good Commodore's, then turned to the girl, who's name he was still with out. "I apologize for leaving you, but he had quite the interesting words to say. But never mind them. We can discuss them if you care to while we walk. Shall we go, my lady?" He extended his arm for her to hold on to, as any affluent man would, though he wondered how she would respond to it.

-Song-

The man in black sighed, and left, not wanting a part in the issue. Song looked up at the freakishly tall girl, wondering how to knock some sense into her. But before she could do anything, she was glomped by a random drunk girl. Instantly, she swept the girl's legs, caught her shoulder, and threw her to the ground, catching her before impact.

"Oh... it's you." Song looked away, slightly embarrassed, picking the girl back up. "It's been a while, hasn't it? How are you?"

It was the girl she had met in Singapore... not sinpadore, as the girl said. She and Jonathan were stuck, looking for some odd jobs to get money to buy food for the voyage back home. The girl had tried to steal their money, and Song instantly dispatched Cecilia as soon as she saw her. Out of pity, she had taught her some fragments of Chin Na so she could protect herself in the future. Obviously, it had worked... to some extent, as the girl was still alive, but drunk out of her mind. It was probably a miracle that she had recognized her in the first place.
Strafe

Postby acgifford » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:01 am

-Claira-

After the soldier had finished she thought to herself...What if I found it first?! Just then Jonathan came back to her appoligized. He offered his arm. She froze and stared at it and then to his face. aaah!! Drat! Why is it that when he does that I lose words to say?! Come on Claira say something!! Instead she just silently took his arm like she had seen many ladies do when this happened. She finaly decided to spit something out. "M-my name is Claira." she said with a bit of effort. Grrrr! Get a hold of yourself!!
acgifford

Postby Nami » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:12 am

OOC: Strafe, whenever I read your posts, I always picture the Scarlet Pimpernel! XD

IC: Shade twitched a little, so nothing more than fairy-tales? That hadn't stop many a-pirate from going after treasures. He couldn't help it when his lips twitched into an amused smile, he downed his coffee turned and in his moment of evil joy, he made a blunder, something he could never forgive himself for...he ran into the couple that were standing in his way, exiting the shop. Shade blinked surprised by his own mistake.

--------

Cecilia laughed harder than before after Song threw her down, "thank the God in heaven you haven't changed Sung!" she said wrapping her arm around Song and hugging her again. "Where's dat prudy boi you had on ur arm?" she swaggered and then caught sight of John in the window with another girl and whistled. "Well if that isn't ungratefulness fer ya!" she looked at Song again, "I'm doin' fune...why dun I 'ook et?" she asked leaning on Song for support.

"WOO! Its great to be back with you, lets go hang somewhere! Or drag that purdy boi of oars along!" she crowed.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:41 am

Triss smiled. That would be the ultimate treasure!!! She stared in disgust at the drunk girl.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Strafe » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:55 pm

OOC: Ooh thanks! I've never read it, but I'll take it as a compliment.

-Jonathan-

"Well then, come along. I've business to attend to, and we have yet to find out your name, dear. All this time, we've been sitting here talking, but to me, you are a complete stranger. Care to enlighten me as to who you are?" He winked at the girl, before turning and walking.

Only to run into a darkly clothed man. He stepped back to regain his balance, and looked, surprised at the man. "Oh dear. I'm terribly sorry sir. Are you quite alright?"

-Song-

She didn't correct Cecilia about her name, since she probably wouldn't listen to it anyways. Instead, she looked inside to see Jonathan take the girl on his arm and begin to walk out. A slight twinge of something bit at her, but she wasn't sure what. She shook it off and smiled awkwardly at the girl. "You look... erm... great. But let's leave Jonathan alone and go get you cleaned up somewhere..." She looked around hastily, trying to get out of the spotlight.

"Oh look. There's an inn over there. Let's go." She walked quickly, dragging Cecilia along by the hand, feeling incredibly self conscious.
Strafe

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:11 pm

Triss stood up and walked slowly away, though she could still hear what was going on....
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Mister » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Florance stood from the table, laid down a silver coin and made for the door. as he passed the John and the girl who seemed to dislike him, he glanced at the dark man. he knew him from somewhere, his demeanor spoke of a life on the sea. and he carried an air of authority and power.

Florance tipped his hat to the man and eyed him as he left. outside he nearly ran over, or got ran over by, a Chinese woman and a drunk girl. he sidestepped swiftly, he was a swordsman and it was easy for him to evade. once out of their way he continued on without word.

when he neared the docks, Bane entered into a small shipping company's building. Inside he met up with Bruce and several others from his crew. leaning in close to Bruce he said, "get the crew ready, and be sure to send a message to the Decadence, make sure she launches in two weeks. we'll be near her by that time to lend aid if needed."

Bruce and the others left swiftly to return to the ship. once alone a tall man in a Navy Admiral's coat approached Florance and asked, "Florance Bane? Commodore Florance Bane?" Bane nodded and said, "Greetings Admiral Smithington! it has been a while!" the Admiral smiled and shook Florance's hand. "six years." Smithington replied smoothly, "but your still as young and strong as ever! But what's this in hear about some treasure your hunting?"

Bane laughed and said, "let me tell you all about it! you see, the King..." Florance led the Admiral to a private box in the back and ordered wine for them to drink, as he told his story.

Mister

Postby acgifford » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:51 am

Nami (post: 1420064) wrote:OOC: Strafe, whenever I read your posts, I always picture the Scarlet Pimpernel! XD

IC: Shade twitched a little, so nothing more than fairy-tales? That hadn't stop many a-pirate from going after treasures. He couldn't help it when his lips twitched into an amused smile, he downed his coffee turned and in his moment of evil joy, he made a blunder, something he could never forgive himself for...he ran into the couple that were standing in his way, exiting the shop. Shade blinked surprised by his own mistake.

Strafe (post: 1420178) wrote:OOC: Ooh thanks! I've never read it, but I'll take it as a compliment.

-Jonathan-

"Well then, come along. I've business to attend to, and we have yet to find out your name, dear. All this time, we've been sitting here talking, but to me, you are a complete stranger. Care to enlighten me as to who you are?" He winked at the girl, before turning and walking.

Only to run into a darkly clothed man. He stepped back to regain his balance, and looked, surprised at the man. "Oh dear. I'm terribly sorry sir. Are you quite alright?"

-Claira-

She stared at him a moment. Come on...get a hold of your self. "I'm Claira." She said coldly. " Yes I am a stranger...." she said gaining her confidence and severity back. "And you are a stranger as well. All I know is your name. What makes you think that I feel like sharing information with someone who wont share his?"

Just then the man dressed in dark clothes ran into them. She was thrown off balance, but quickly regained it. She looked at man in frustration.
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Strafe » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:33 pm

-Jonathan-

He looked to Claira momentarily, getting in a final comment before having to face the man. "Well now dear, what is just so fascinating about me that you won't tell me anything about you unless I tell you first? Is it perhaps my eyes?" He leaned in close, staring straight into her green eyes, winking dashingly. He stepped back and smiled teasingly. "Well, I dare say that one of us here has quite beautiful eyes. That is such a captivating shade of green, love." He paused. "Of course, you would rather me not call you that, eh love?" He grinned, then turned to the man, not allowing Claira room to object.

"If you'd excuse us, sir." He made a move to walk past the man, but stopped. "Hold on. Wait just a minute. Have I seen you before? You look terribly familiar." Jonathan studied the peculiar looking man seriously. "Are you perhaps one of the... erm, for lack of a better term, Incendiary characters I was to meet in London?"
Strafe

Postby Nami » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:09 am

~Shade McKellen~

Shade felt nausea's at Johnathon's flirting and wanted to get away quickly, he wasn't sure why this strange girl gave him a look so he simply returned it with a cold stare, then he looked at John. He observed this strange man, and for a moment he though the recognized him, and then slowly realized he was just like every other peacock that strutted around town.

"Sir, I cannot say I have ever met you before." He eyed the pair, "and if I have met you before then I'm sorry I don't." he actually wouldn't be sorry at all, Shade felt disgust twist his gut.

"now, excuse me." he slid past on Claira's side and out the door, he glanced only briefly at Song and Cecilia and then at Triss, he had just met pirates, or at least one of them was, and he shuddered with the want to kill them, only he took a deep breath and proceeded down the street, he had to find that worthless beer-sucking man before anything happened to him.

~Cecilia~

Cecilia grinned wildly, "leave the purdy boi!?" she exclaimed, "why? He could have a beer!" she practically shouted, then saw the man dodged them. He was long gone before she shouted, "Sorry 'bout that seer!" she grabbed onto Song.

"Oh I love it, juss 'ike the ol' days!"

Hiccup

"Ooup! Let one out!" Cecilia let out a harsh laugh, "oh man! Iss greet to be back in Loondoon!"

~Percy Darius~

Sitting all alone in the alleyway, it had been a long and very wonderful night full of rum and beer, with wonderful characters that continued to douse him in alcohol until the innkeeper threw them out for not being able to pay. He smiled at the memory, because the rest of his mind was so groggy from booze that he had a hard time remembering anything else. Londoner's passed him by without a glance, trying to avoid any unsavory characters.

He wiggled to his feet and stumbled out of the alleyway. "This...is my...town!" he said slowly, "my beautiful London!" He looked around and then stumbled down the street, gripping the rum bottle from last night in his hand, his red hair splayed all over the place and his face was smudged with mud.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Mister » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:36 am

Bruce rounded a corner on his way to the ship and walked right into a drunk man covered in mud. He tried to change direction but it was too late. the two collided and Bruce was almost overwhelmed by the smell of the man.

he stepped back reflexively and said, "by the Lord in heaven! take better care of yer'sef man! it ain't proper to be a walk'n through London like a drunk fool. Bruce eyed the man and smiled, "ye remind me of me, how abouts we go get you cleaned up and have a drink?"

Mister

Postby Strafe » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:33 pm

OOC: One liners. I'm in a hurry.

-Jonathan-

He watched the man leave, slightly offended by his lack of decorum, but did nothing to show offense. He sighed, and looked to Claira. "Well, that was an adventure, wasn't it?"

He continued. "But speaking of adventures, what do you think of this Juan Salvatore Business? That seems like something out of this world. And I can't help but admit that I'm... eh... slightly interested in it." He smiled lightly, expectantly.

-Song-

"Jonathan doesn't need anything to drink at the moment, I don't think." Song was beginning to struggle, and cursed her small frame. A man passed by them, almost colliding with them. The inn was far away. Song let go of Cecilia and sighed, at a loss for words.

She finally spoke up. "Alright. What do you want to do?"
Strafe

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:47 am

Triss looked back at the two woman tangled up and sniffed. That was one reson why she didn't drink. It took away your sanity, and anyways, it would mess up her reputaion as a master thief, so she needed to be alert for anything. She was about to go, but something made her stay.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Nami » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:18 am

OOC: No Strafe your not allowed to be in a hurry DD: ahah.

IC: ~Percy Darius~

He blinked groggily at the man, he narrowed his eyes and barely understood the man, however he heard "clean up" and "drink" his eyes widened and he smiled, "Well you may be a tall son of a gun, but I'll drink..." he paused and looked down, "how in the world did I get on the ground?" he mumbled stumbling to his feet, he grabbed hold of Bruce for support and smiled, his red hair now worse than ever.

"I'm up...for the dreenk, but not for cleaning." he let out a laugh and wrapped his arm around Bruce's shoulders. "Take me to the ale!" he shouted.

-------

~Cecilia~

Cecilia eyed Song steadily for a moment, almost looking like she wasn't drunk.

"Yer upsut me dear." she said slowly, "and I's know just hoi to cuure that!" she slurred with a grin, "beer weel do et every tum!" she chuckled. "Now...you forgeet that purdy boi and I'll show you the rum!" she grabbed Song's arm and marched to the Inn, steadily. Then she threw open the door and sat Song down at a table. "Stay here." she ordered with a slur and went to the horse trough outside, where she threw herself in and then got out, shaking her head and tugging her hair until it was semi-less wet. Then soaked she marched back inside and sat across from Song.

"Alright, Barkeep! We want tee pints of rum!"

"Sounds like you've had plenty." the Barkeep said with a smirk as he brought them over.

"Posh!" Cecilia waved her hand and took the pint. "Do us! Girls who know best."

-----

~Shade McKellen~

He hadn't found him yet, how frustrating, he had been nearly all over the places that he usually hung out and...no friend. Shade sighed and leaned against one of the buildings. Juan Salvatore, he smiled. He would most definitely be coming for those pirates.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Mister » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:30 am

Bruce smiled at the man and said, "aye, then to the Ale it is!" Bruce supported the man as they headed for an old tavern down the street. the man had the look of a navy man, but he could be wrong, there were any number of men who spent time around navy personnel and picked up on some of their traits and habits. "Have you ever been on the sea?" Bruce asked after a moment, "you kinda got the look of a sailor."

Mister

Postby Nami » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:46 am

~Percy Darius~

"Yes!" He shouted joyfully, he let himself be walked toward the tavern, and he smiled all the while, until Bruce asked the question that he hated. He winced and his eyes lost their merriment. "I was once..." he muttered, "before the sea..." he stopped talking and smiled, "nothing of the sort! I love the ocean and ships and I would love to get back on one if my legs weren't so firmly planted on dry land! There's no ale at sea you see." he chuckled.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby acgifford » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:03 am

Strafe (post: 1420401) wrote:-Jonathan-

He looked to Claira momentarily, getting in a final comment before having to face the man. "Well now dear, what is just so fascinating about me that you won't tell me anything about you unless I tell you first? Is it perhaps my eyes?" He leaned in close, staring straight into her green eyes, winking dashingly. He stepped back and smiled teasingly. "Well, I dare say that one of us here has quite beautiful eyes. That is such a captivating shade of green, love." He paused. "Of course, you would rather me not call you that, eh love?" He grinned, then turned to the man, not allowing Claira room to object.

"If you'd excuse us, sir." He made a move to walk past the man, but stopped. "Hold on. Wait just a minute. Have I seen you before? You look terribly familiar." Jonathan studied the peculiar looking man seriously. "Are you perhaps one of the... erm, for lack of a better term, Incendiary characters I was to meet in London?"

Strafe (post: 1420783) wrote:OOC: One liners. I'm in a hurry.

-Jonathan-

He watched the man leave, slightly offended by his lack of decorum, but did nothing to show offense. He sighed, and looked to Claira. "Well, that was an adventure, wasn't it?"

He continued. "But speaking of adventures, what do you think of this Juan Salvatore Business? That seems like something out of this world. And I can't help but admit that I'm... eh... slightly interested in it." He smiled lightly, expectantly.

-Claira-

Jonathan retorted smoothly and continued to flirt with her. He winked. Claira's face tuned cherry red. Ugh! He's doing it again! Come on Claira.
When Claira tried to retort, he took notice of the darkly dressed man. He thought he recognized him. Apparently the man didnt think so and rudley dissmissed Jon.

Jon turned to Claira and said:

"Well, that was an adventure, wasn't it?"
"But speaking of adventures, what do you think of this Juan Salvatore Business? That seems like something out of this world. And I can't help but admit that I'm... eh... slightly interested in it."

Claira looked at him a moment. Not sure how to react. Yes...It was interesting, but should she dissclose that it was to her. Will it give her away?
"U-Uh...yeah...I guess so." She said trying to sound as uninterested as possible. Unfortunately, her face always seemed to clearly dissplay her emotions to the world and she had obvious interest in her eyes the moment he mentioned it. Her dissinterest looked very fake.

OOC: Sorry...this post really sucked.v.v
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Lil_Ninja » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:31 pm

One of London's busier docks was, peculiar enough, practically abandoned today, apart from one fearsome vessel that loomed at the end of the dock. It's sails towered over the land in an almost sinister manor, as it's wooden decks let out an unearthly creek.
With one glance at it's pitch black sails, the passersby were chilled to the bone.
Everyone knew the stories of this glorious ship they called The Black Pearl, and it made them veer in the opposite direction, in fear that one glance could put a curse on them to last a lifetime.

And a question would arise. Where was this wretched Pirate that had the guts to anchor his vessel in plain sight, to show all that his cursed men were amongst them? This man that was said to have escaped death itself, that laughed in the very face of Davey Jones.
He was getting drunk, of course.

Capt'n Jack Sparrow wandered London's streets with a bottle of rum in his hand, and a beautiful woman on his arm. He was quite happy at the moment, and began to sing, despite the horror of the people in earshot of his song.
He stumbled down the street, using the woman to balance. "Yo ho, yo ho! A Pirate's life fer me!" He slurred, taking a long drink of his rum.
"Suzanne, this really is the life. *HICCUP* You should join me crew, and we could drink rum all day, and we'll sing to our heart's content!" He swung his arm out for emphasis, almost hitting a passerby. He didn't notice. "Whaddya say, love?"
The woman stumbled, appearing to be drunk right along with him.
A serious look came across her face, mixed with her drunken appearance. "Now, that sounds very nice, except-.." She looked as if she was trying to regain her train of thought. "-you sing really, really...Bad. An' my name is Mary!" She hiccuped and took several more gulps of rum.
Jack didn't even listen to what she said. "Aye, I understand, Suzanne. The seas ar' no place for a lady such as yerself." He looked over at her, and curiously enough, she had passed out. He knelt next to her and took the rum bottle out of her hand. "It would have never worked out, love." He got up and put the bottle to his lips. "Blast!" She had drank the last bit. He threw it to the side and strolled into the nearest building with alcohol for sale. He assumed it was an Inn. Sitting down at a table, he called to the waitress, "Fetch me a pint of rum!" He demanded.
When she left, he noticed two women sitting at the table next to him. One of the women was thoroughly drunk and very wet. The other seemed to be helping her. And they both were very beautiful. He leaned over towards them. "Well, 'ello, loves!" He smiled charmingly, the smell of alcohol wafting out of his mouth. "Whaddya say I join yer party?" His charm was irresistible to some. But were these the types of girls that fell for his suave ways? Perhaps not.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:06 pm

Triss had followed the two woman to the Inn. She peeked through the window, and saw a man lean towards them and try to flirt with them. "Stupid drunkard." she muttered under her breath. Shadow meowed.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Nami » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:40 am

~Cecilia~

Cecilia turned her head and observed the man, unsure of who he was. "Weel mate, this is a gurls parti! But I wouldn't mind one more drinking partner...as long as Sung doesn't." she smiled at Song.

"But Sung's partial to a purdy boi..soi I dunno!" she chuckled as she sipped her ale. "Sung...did you know I'm on a quest?" she smiled, "aye I am! Off to seek the one man that no one can find..." Hiccup

Cecilia looked at Song and felt bad, that stupid pretty boy was breaking this lovelies heart. She frowned and gulped her ale, "Song.." she said, soberly, "will you take care of me? When I wake tomorrow.. I will have a devil's headache."

She spotted Triss and blinked, "little girls shouldn't hang in bars!" she slurred.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Mister » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:35 am

Bruce chuckled and responded, "aye, but there is rum and a little wine at times. so you did sail? who did you sail with?" they reached the tavern and Bruce called for two pints of ale as he helped the man into his seat.

Mister

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying