The Golden Age

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby Strafe » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:05 pm

-Bridget and James-

James placed his strong hands gently on Bridget's slender shoulders, supporting her and helping the sniveling Captain rise from the bed. "I think it time to go. Sorry for bodderin' so late. Don't pay mind to Captain's words. She don't mean anyting." With that, he nodded and turned away, letting Bridget lean against him.

Bridget continued to sob and tremble at the past memories of "Eliza".

They stepped out of Eliza's room. "Goodnight," said James as he closed the door.

OOC: You can fast forward to tomorrow if you want.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:17 am

no one's doing anything with my character, so I think I'll sit this one out.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby SeraphicCharm » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:16 pm

After James and Bridget departed, Eliza hardly slept a wink that night, with the rocking of the waves and the storm in her mind. Did I have a sister? But she was also a little tipsy, so it all could have been false...but how can I know? I barely know anything about anything. As morning dawned, she finally got up and went to the top deck, watching the waking sun bathe the sea in fire. The captain may not even remember anything from last night, and she'll probably just revert to treating me the way she did when I first came. Or she will remember, and hate me for it...I guess I'll just have to be ready for anything, she thought as she leaned over the railing facing the dawn.
SeraphicCharm

Postby Nami » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:21 am

OOC: Yaarr mateys I be casting off!

~Shade McKellen~

The wind blew into the sails of the vessel that cut through the blue waters as if a knife in hot butter, leaving a trail behind. It ruffled the sailors that worked high up in the netting and some of the ones that worked on deck, they all loved the wind mostly because they needed it to get to port in South Carolina for the hanging, but also because of the scroching sun, it brought them the tiniest relief from its heat and that comforted them. The captain; Shade McKellen watched from the helm, his piercing emerald eyes scanning over his crew and sometimes over the open blue.

He was always on the look-out for other ships, especially pirate ships. It would only be a bonus to catch another pirate and bring him or her to justice at the same hanging. His heart raced at the idea of slitting the pirates throat, Shade closed his eyes trying to calm himself.

"Captain."

Shade opened his eyes and looked at the second mate, a younger lad who seemed jumpy about a lot of things, but he made a good sailor. "Yes, Second Mate John?"

John gulped nervously, sweat trickled down his temple at the piercing gaze that sliced through his heart and made him feel guilty. "Uh..." he stood speechless, lost in those cutting eyes. He couldn't speak.

Shade shifted and walked over to the younger man, keeping his arms tucked behind him. "What is it?" he asked calmly. John looked away finally, "I-I was wondering, why...why do you want to see this hanging so badly? I mean... its just another pirate."

Shade's eyes narrowed and he looked back out to the sea, releasing the Second mate from his gaze. "No, no John." The wind blew his hair roughly which was tucked into a ponytail, unlike the other officers, he never wore the wig. After becoming a captain he had decided he didn't need it and told his high-ups so, at first they were skeptical, but he made a deal with them telling them if he caught ten pirates in a week then he wouldn't have to wear the wig. They agreed. Shade brushed a strand of his real hair from his face.

"This pirate is famed. I want to see him hang, see his feet kick, watch that rope tighten around his filthy neck until his black heart stops beating." His words made John shiver. "I want to see him die," Shade returned his gaze to John, "no John, this is not just another pirate."

"Oh, alright. Captain." John saluted him and quickly got out of there, some of the other men grinned.

"Scary ain't he?" One of them asked.

"I can't read any emotion on his face." John whispered back sweat still pouring down his face that had nothing to do with the heat. The man chuckled, "Yep, that's Captain Shade." The other men laughed.

"Some say he has no heart." Another man whispered and grinned. John nodded nervously, "I could believe that." the men laughed heartily.

Shade looked down at his crew, he knew they spoke about him but it didn't bother him. He turned to the helms man. "I will take over from here." he said stepping up to the wheel. The man nodded and left. Shade put his hands on the dark wood and felt the boat beneath his feet, the slight shift of the wind, the feeling sent exhileration through him, he cracked a smirk. He couldn't wait for that pirate to die. As dawn approached, he saw the Port not far off, excitement and adrenaline rushed through his veins. Soon, very soon. Shade smiled wickedly as the morning wind rushed into him.

---------------

~Cecilia~

Cecilia blew a strand of hair from her eyes, "Great." she muttered, "juuuust great." She looked up from the barrel, last night there had been a brawl and somehow she had gotten stuck inside the barrel she now resided in. "Well if this isn't the worst situation I've ever been in." she pushed her arms out from under her and grabbed the rim of the barrel, "Ouch!" She gritted her teeth and with a mighty yank she felt herself coming free.

"Yes!" She cried, then something creaked, her joy left. "NO!" the barrel fell forward slamming her legs into the street, Cecilia let out a string of unladylike words and cursed so loudly that the citizens quickly left the fallen over barrel. "Ok, ok...lets try this again." she slithered her arms back in and pushed at the bottom of the wooden barrel and finally her body came loose and she slid out.

"Ahh, finally." She turned around, "oh...crud." Before her stood ten soldiers for the Royal British Navy. "Uh..." without another word she spun on her heel and ran down the street, the soldiers quickly gave chase, trying to shoot at her while she ran, but she turned a corner and disappeared.

"Whew!" Cecilia looked behind her and grinned, "morons!"
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Strafe » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:44 pm

OOC: Nice first post, but status check. Where are you exactly for Cecilia? I know you're heading towards Charleston with Shade though, but the brawl, barrel, and bar could have been anywhere.

I'm going to take a liberty with Shade, and say that Bridget and Shade have met before, as they are both in the navy, if you don't mind. :P

-James and Bridget-

Morning. Good morning. Good very very incredible morning. Well it was actually afternoon at this point, since the captain was terribly incapable of rising before the sun.

Bridget scowled viciously at the ceiling. She was stuck. The covers weighed at least several tons, and her limbs about a few million. The smell of last night's brandy (And a few other bottles of liquor after the brandy was quickly spent) made her nauseous. She moaned, in terrible pain.

"Jaaammmesss...." Bridget called out weakly. James, who had expected for the Captain to be incapacitated, had set the ship's daily affairs in motion, and then waited outside her door until she awoke. He stepped inside, expressionless. He wasn't angry, humored, or even apathetic. He was just doing was he had usually done.

Helping Bridget sit up in bed, he brought her coat, placing it on her shoulders. She had slept in her stiff uniform, as she was not able to undress the night before, so she was already in full attire. "Ugh... thanks." She rubbed her eyes weakly and tiredly, then reached for the glasses on the nightstand. She placed them on her face and blinked, as the world was clear. Now came the hard part.

With all her strength, she moved the ten ton mass of her body over to the edge of the bed with her brick heavy arms, and swung the massive pillars that were her legs over the edge. She came tumbling down, crashing to the floor. She moaned in defeat. James lifted her up, and let her lean on him as they headed out.

The humored greetings of "Morning Cap'n" and "How are ya this fine morn'?" irked her greatly. She stumbled over to Eliza, glaring at her wearily with Bloodshot eyes. "Hey you... You're the cook now. Make me some coffee. Keep it black." She didn't remember anything from the night before.

She scowled in all directions, making the crew feel uncomfortable. One unlucky crew member reported an even more unfortunate event.

"Um... Captain, we've spotted a ship on the horizon... Sorry."

Bridget gave him a death glare, sending him scurrying off, then pulled out her spyglass. She looked at the shadow in the distance, then cursed. It was Captain McKellen's ship. Even on a good day, she did not care to even deal with him. That man was sick in the head, and threatened to compromise her validity as captain of her own ship. But now, it would not be pretty. She called out to everyone. "Whatever you do, try to avoid that ship in the distance. It's malignant. Don't get any closer. At all. Am I clear?"

The crew members nodded in understanding, but Bridget knew it was probably already too late. Captain McKellen had probably already seen them. She got ready to scare him off with words... and maybe a gun or two.
Strafe

Postby Nami » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:30 am

OOC: Thank you. ^_^ Oh yeah I forgot to mention that o.o; I was going to make her in Charleston already, but if Lil'Ninja needs me to be somewhere else I can accomadate that. ^^

I'm fine with that, I was actually going to suggest such ^^

~Shade McKellen and the Clearcut~

"CAPTAIN!" the man from the crows nest hollered, "There's a ship behind us sir! Navy!"

Shade twisted and looked over his shoulder, "Which ship?" He shouted back, eyes narrowing on the ship that was growing closer by the second.

"HMS Surprise Sir!"

"It's Captain Hollingsworth sir!" John called up to him from the deck, the crew grew silent and stiff as their captain stared out at the ship.

"Is it indeed?" he paused his sharp green eyes narrowed more and he smiled a bit, "I haven't seen her since our last encounter which I shall never forget. She is very good at verbal battles." Shade looked down at John and the rest of the crew. "She must be here for the hanging, pull in the sails let her catch us. We should greet her and we can sail to the docks together."

A wicked smile played his lips and he turned to the helmsman who stood waiting. "Take over Sir Staken, I'll greet the Captain, if we're lucky she will be sober..."

"And if she isn't?" The helmsman asked.

"Well then, we aren't lucky are we?" Shade said without turning around, he kept his emerald eyes on the HMS Surprise as it got closer.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Lil_Ninja » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:35 am

OOC: Well, I managed to skim through the RPG, so I'm going to jump in now! Watch out Nami, 'cause here I come! :D

Phantom and/or Strafe, is Song, Jonathan and Lark at the coast of Charleston?

IC: Trillium and Julius Swift had been searching for a vessel to board for half of the day when Trill caught sight of ten Navy officers chasing down a pirate.
"We don't need any more trouble, Trill." Julius said with an awful harsh glare.

The problem with his sister was that she was a full blooded pirate, born and raised. And she had a knack for dragging her brother and herself into tough predicaments with the Royal Navy. He was starting to think she enjoyed risking other people's necks for her own fun. And the fact that she has a large collection of Royal Navy metals she's stolen from the uniforms of her fallen opponents doesn't help the issue.

Trillium rolled her eyes at her older brother. "Don't get your knickers in a twist. I'm not going to cause any trouble for you. Just don't jump the gun and do anything foolish." She patted his cheek a little harder than necessary and squinted her face in an innocent smile.
She fixed her pirate hat, smoothed its large maroon feather, and casually strolled up to the Royal posse.

"Look! A group of pirates are raiding the land!" She hollered at them, getting their attention away from the pirate they were chasing just long enough for her to get away.

They scowled and let out a few colorful curses when they realized there was no such thing anywhere around.
One of them approached her with an obviously frustrated expression on. "Why'd you go and do a thing like that?! That no good pirate got away!"

Trillium was pleased to realize that they didn't pinpoint her as a pirate just yet. Why? She had no idea. She had thought that she had every demeanor of a pirate. "Oh dear me! I must have been mistaken. But don't worry. You wouldn't have been able to catch her anyway. Pirates seem to be in much better shape than the average Navy man. So in the end, I was saving you a heart attack due to your current state of health." She looked several of the not-so-thin men up and down before smiling once again. "In the end, you should be thanking me, instead of condemning me."

Another of the men scowled at her. "Are you insulting us?!" As if it wasn't obvious enough.

She smiled sweetly. "Oh, excuse me. It slipped my mind that a fine group like yourself doesn't have the mental power to grasp such a bold statement. Let me rephrase myself." She cleared her throat. "The Royal Navy's men are fat, pompous oafs and they stand no chance against even one pirate!" She sneered, resting her hand on her cutlass.

"Why you!" They aimed their weapons at her, but before they fired, she was already moving, slicing through their ranks as a flurry of bullets flew past her.

Julius knew it was time for him to butt in. He swiftly moved towards the fight, dismantling the rest of the Navy that posed a threat. Not killing them though, just rendering them unconscious with his indepth knowledge of pressure points.

OOC: BTW, the pirate they were chasing was Cecilia. :D
I imagine she's still close enough to hear the havoc?

~~

Captain Jack Sparrow. That's his name. Probably the most gutsy and deranged pirate you'd ever cross paths with. He was in search of a mythical legend, or at least it was a myth in everyone else's eyes. But not Jack's, no sir. He knew it was real, or at least led on that he believed it was real.
What is it, you might ask? "It" is none other than the Fountain of Youth. Many brave adventurers have searched after it, but none prevailed. They've either gone mad from the search, died due to running out of resources and winding up stranded in the middle of the ocean, or they've simply given up. Jack on the other hand has a leg up on this quest. You see, he is already mad, has died once, and can live off of rum for countless days. And he has an impeccable sense of direction to boot.
Lucky for him, he was able to find a crew as mad as he with nothing to live for. His ideal pirates for this sort of adventure.

He has run into a little bit of trouble though. It seems that the only living man that has a good idea where this Fountain of Youth is has wound up in the hands of the British. Not only that though. He's going to be hung in a little more than a week and Jack has decided that he wants to break him out. Easy enough, right? Jack has escaped near death at the hands of the British more times than countable, right?
Well, here's the issue. That man is none other than the famous Stede Bonnet, the most famous pirate to ever sail the seven seas.

But that's not the only issue dear Jack is facing....

"But why is the rum gone?!" He hollered at his crew, who all seemed to be in drunken stupor from the night before.

Yes. The rum was gone. Even his stash he kept in his captains quarters. All thanks to his crew who got a little too happy the night before. And the worst part, he slept through it all in his own drunken state.
After hooting and hollering at various pirates on his ship for drinking his special stash, and even for not waking him up for the fun, he finally decided to hold off on punishment and just set a coarse for the closest tavern that was open.
Once they made landfall, Jack took four of his strongest men and rushed off to the tavern.

As soon as he got inside, he realized they had had a party as well. The chairs were broken, the ground was loitered with broken alcohol bottles, tables were tipped over, and (the best part) no one was manning the bar.

He made his way to the bar and quickly scanned for rum. To his luck, they still had several kegs left untouched. "Drinks all around!" He exclaimed passing drinks around to the few people left in the bar.
He walked over to his men next, handing the first a keg of rum. "Be a dear and bring these to the ship." He motioned to the rest of the kegs and his men followed his orders.

He walked back to the bar, grabbed a bottle of rum and started making small talk with the only other person sitting there. Riana, a beautiful woman that he couldn't help but stare at. He smiled at her as he took a swig of rum. "Well what brings such a goddess into a place like this, eh?" He moved closer to her, seeming (and smelling) as if he was still a little drunk from the night before.

OOC: Jack's talking to you, Wind. :D

Hopefully I did justice to the famous Captain Jack Sparrow.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Strafe » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:39 pm

OOC: Great firsts posts, the both of you. Bringing some life into the RP. heheh. I thoroughly enjoyed the narration style for Captain Sparrow, Lil Ninja. Very Nice touch.

-Bridget and James-

She furrowed her brow. This was not good. The HMS Clearcut had stopped and awaited them. The wind only blew in that direction. She turned to James, trying to speak with authority, but failing with her weak voice.

"Alright, lieutenant Jackson. Here is your assignment. When I make this motion," Bridget said, pulling on her ear. "Knock Captain McKellen senseless on the spot. If you fail, you will be immediately thrown overboard. Am I clear?"

James nodded dubiously, unsure whether or not to take Bridget seriously.

"Good."

They neared closer and closer to the Clearcut, and Bridget grew more and more annoyed. Shade McKellen greeted them from a distance with a smug look and piercing green eyes. Bridget wished fervently that she had not been raised to act as a lady, so that she could forgo all decorum and shoot the man right then and there.

The HMS Surprise stopped adjacent from the Clearcut. The clearcut sent a boarding plank over.

Bridget glared at the captain with her own sharp glare of icy daggers, then suddenly brightened up in mock exaggeration. "Oh, my word! Captain McKellen, is that you? Why, its been so long! How do you fare this fine morning? Wonderful? I certainly do..."

"not." She instantly slumped back down into her hungover demeanor. "What do you want? We're headed towards Charleston, and we would like to make it there within the next 50 years."

She made no move to board their ship, waiting for McKellen to come to hers. She probably couldn't have stood straight enough to cross the boarding plank either way. She looked at James, and tapped her ear to remind him of his "assignment."
Strafe

Postby SeraphicCharm » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:26 pm

Eliza sighed with relief as the captain approached her with her normal cold demeanor. Praise the Lord, she's better. She hurried away to the galley to fetch the coffee. Well, I guess I don't have to worry about the whole sister thing...at least right now. She pulled out of her pocket one of her few belongings, a small paper bag of the rare South American coffee beans from the tavern. Now we can make some real coffee. Eliza quickly boiled a pot of water and ground the coffee beans. In minutes the exquisite coffee was ready, and Eliza put a few cups of it on a tray. She hustled back up to the top deck to Bridget, who was still a little hungover and engaged in the exchange of "pleasantries" with the captain of a trip stopped alongside the HMS Surprise. Things could get interesting in this encounter...good thing she brought some extra coffee.
SeraphicCharm

Postby Nami » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:54 am

OOC: Wahhaha!! I love Jack!! So awesome. I also love Bridget, Strafe and Eliza, Seraphic! All very imaginable characters ^^

IC:

~Shade~

He watched the HMS Surprise pull up next to them and put a plank across, he couldn't help a smirk at Captain Hollingsworth's mock greeting. He chuckled, he did enjoy their entanglements, however her "eartapping" did not go unnoticed by Shade, he stood content on the other side of the plank, arms laced behind his back, observing.

"Drunk again my dear Hollingsworth?" He tsked his tongue, "You should really get a handle on that...and your temper." He glanced at James and then at Eliza, his eyes opened a bit.

"Got yourself a new lady I see? Finally replaced that rubbish of a cook eh?" he chortled and the rest of his crew chuckled. John, however, the second mate looked absolutely terrified. Shade didn't notice.

"My, my, you even had her make coffee for us, how sweet of you Bridget, I didn't realize you cared about me so much." He made a mock expression of surprise, "as for in 50 years, I'd rather get there before that black hearted gutless pirate hangs." He voice dripped with malice and his eyes burned with fire as he spoke, he desperately wanted to see Stede Bonnet hang. He came out of his thoughts and looked at Eliza, "please, serve your captain first, it would appear she is in more need of sobering effect of coffee than I, seeing as I don't drink." He gave a charming smile that could fool anyone who didn't know him better.

"Bridget, most of the reason I stopped was because I thought you might like to sail together to see the hanging, you must be as ecstatic as I to see Stede Bonnet's feet twitching." Shade motioned for John to cross the plank and retrieve one of the cups from Eliza. John shook with fear as he slowly crossed the plank that hovered above a drop into the coldest water he would probably ever feel, his thoughts ambushed him with scenarios of drowning in the icy waters and Captain Shade simply staring down at him. John made it too the other side and discovered he was not afraid of the water, but of Captain Hollingsworth. He trembled a bit as he walked to Eliza, trying not to gulp as he reached for a mug.

-----

~Cecilia~

She stopped fleeing when she heard the woman shout, she paused and considered going back weighing that with the fact that it might be a trap. She hesitated but then turned and looked around the corner, she spotted the two pirates, the female insulted the Navy men and she nearly laughed aloud at it, then she watched as they fought. And overwhelming need to at least knock one head over came her, even without her sword she could take on at least three, ten...that was too much.

Cecilia lunged from the shadows cracking her fist into one of the soldiers faces, the man stumbled backward, but had no time to recovered. She made five quick jabs that took out his muscles. She had learned this technique from an Asian pirate who had saved her life once, the woman had called it the pressure system. It worked at a things called; "Pressure points" and disabled someone body, apparently it was also a technique for some sort of massage.

Cecilia kicked another man in the stomach and watched the last one fall, she grinned at her fellow pirates. "Well, well, bless my black heart. I've been saved by fellow buccaneers." She chuckled, "boy, now I've seen everything." She lifted a sword from one of the men and examined it, finding it of frail make and not much care she discarded it.

"So, to what do I owe the pleasure?" She cocked a brow at her saviors.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Strafe » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:33 am

OOC: Oh... so Cecilia knows Song? That makes it even more interesting. heheh. I wonder where Phantom is though...

-Bridget-

She smirked amusedly. Really? Was Captain McKellen really going to try her? She was incredibly angry at the moment, but she could not show it. If she did, then McKellen had already won.

Eliza brought the coffee then, and to her dismay, also made the other captain a mug.

She resumed her mock pleasantries, eyes widening in fake surprise amusedly. "Oh dear me, no, good sir! I am not drunk; I am quite obviously hung over. I'm quite surprised that you failed to see the difference. I thought, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you of all people, Mr. McKellen, would atleast be sharp enough to recognize that much at the very least!"

Bridget secretly glowered at the sick man in pure disgust as he fantasized about the hanging, which she wasn't even aware of. Personally, she hated hangings. Killing in the name of the law felt unjust and cruel to her, one of the travesties of bloodthirsty men. But she attributed that view to the feminine side of her, and kept it hidden.

"Well, I'm sure that Bonnet would be very happy to watch you grin and clap your hands like an autistic seal in his last moments. I would love to see that myself. But unfortunately, we do not make absolute fools of ourselves at executions, and we have other business in Charleston," she said, still feigning the dainty, flighty demeanor of the well raised British lady. She had been trained to insult others with a light expression since birth, after all.

Bridget reached for a mug first at Shade's insistence. "Why, of course. As usual, I marvel at your sharp sense of etiquette. You are such a gentleman, Mr. McKelllen." John, who always seemed to have a mortal fear of her, boarded the Surprise, and reached for the coffee from Eliza, trembling and looking away from Bridget.

"No no no. Please. Let me serve you. It would be my pleasure." Gently, Bridget took a mug from Eliza's tray and handed it to John.

From that point, she splashed the steaming liquid onto his face, and shoved him across the deck, sending him overboard. He fell to the icy waters below, too shocked to scream as he hit the water, then resurfaced, kicking and screaming.

Bridget appeared horrified. "Oh dear me. It seems I tripped. So sorry, Mr. McKellen, but it seems you will have to get your coffee yourself." John's shouts to save him were still heard below.
Strafe

Postby Nami » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:29 am

OOC: Oh, I didn't think of that, but it works!! I'd like that ^^

IC:

~Shade~

He listened but didn't comment and smirked a little, "oh, you are hung over?" he said, also mocking surprise, "I can tell the difference but with you, I think being drunk and hung over or...for that matter even sober, are all the same for you." he grinned, kidding around with Bridget and watched John fall into the icy water sputtering and screaming. He narrowed his eyes. There was one thing he didn't tolerate and that was picking on his crew.

Shade looked at Bridget, his amused expression replaced with one of cold-hard stone. He walked with measured steps across the plank, two of his muscular men followed behind, they had the balance of trapaise artists and looked ready to clobber anyone who dared touch their captain.

Shade gave his most chilly look at Bridget and then at James, suddenly the ice was gone and a glittering grin replaced it, "Ah, I see. You wanted me over here to clobber me I suppose?" He said calmly, never taking his eyes off the Captain and James. "Well, if you want me gone then by all means I will leave. But Miss Hollingsworth, I consider you...an ally." He smiled genuinely.

Three men were already helping John from the water, he shivered and coughed, clinging to the warm blanket the men gave him. Shade never took his eyes off Bridget or James.

He glanced at the coffee mugs and sighed forlornly, "oh how I wish to taste coffee, however I must restrain myself. Though I bet it is very good. You always had the most remarkable taste." He chuckled, "even in alchohol."

"But, please Captain, in the future, if you have an argument with me. Don't take it out on my crew?" He threw her one last glint of a smile and then retreated back to his ship with his men in tow.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:54 am

OOC: AWWHH!! Thanks you two!! I think Jack is blushing ;D

IC: Trillium at first didn't see Cecilia coming up. She was too busy searching the uniforms for interesting metals. "Hah! Get this. This guy won a metal for bravery. No doubt against a pirate. That's probably why he was the first to go down." She laughed heartily as she scanned more uniforms.

Julius turned to Cecilia and gave her a charming smile. "My sister wanted a little fun is all." He told her.

Trillium finally turned to the pirate she had rescued. "Well.. Yes. And that I saw a fellow pirate in need. So what reward will you bestow upon your rescuers, eh? Perhaps a lift on your vessel? That'd be nice." She smirked, walking closer to Cecilia and sticking her hand out. "The name's Trillium. And this charming fellow is my brother, Julius. Don't pay him much attention though. He's not a very good pirate, if he is one at all." She teased him.

"A pleasure to meet you-.." He waited expectantly for her name. His smooth demeanor could make any girl blush.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Strafe » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:27 am

-Bridget and James-

James couldn't really take the threat seriously. The two strong men seemed a bit boyish and falsely proud. They hadn't seen a tenth of what he had, and probably hadn't killed or fought the monstrosities he had. Two men of that size were merely an afternoon snack for a lion. He had killed a few lions before. Still, he was used to the racial superiority held over him by the whites. The man most likely had a few of his brethren held captive at his own home. It would not do to shatter his fanciful illusions, or kill his crew's pride. So he merely stood straight, and paid no attention to the white man's racism.

Bridget sighed in relief, finding that the man was safe. She feared that Captain McKellen would leave John to die. At least he was partially human. But what she really wanted was to go to sleep again. Captain McKellen began name calling like a spoiled child, and Bridget wanted no part.

Completely ignoring the last part of whatever the child said, Bridget nodded, forgoing her bright facade completely. "Well now, it's been very nice conversing with you, but we really are in a hurry. If you would be so kind as to leave, I would appreciate it."
Strafe

Postby Nami » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:22 am

OOC: >> er, sorry Strafe, I feel like I might've P.O'd you >>;;;;;; if that's teh case I'm so sorry!! >> maybe I'm just bein sensitive. Today's been rough.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Strafe » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:05 pm

OOC: Nono. It was fine. I was just expecting him to be a bit more amused and not get so riled up so easily, so I was caught a little off guard.
Strafe

Postby Nami » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:52 pm

OOC: Well, if there is really one thing he cant' tolerate, its being mean to his men ^^;; Sorry, I think I can make him more amused, in fact it would be my pleasure to make it more enojoyable.. I edited it ^^ see how that fairs. ^^ I do like it better, I didn't really capture Shade's character well in the last one.

IC:

~Shade~

"I will be kind enough to leave," he said with an amused expression, "since we are going in the same direction I only thought it would be nicer if we traveled together, but seeing as you don't view me the way I do you, I'll be off." he waved to his sailors and they helped push the plank back to the HMS Surprise. Shade bowed dramatically and with a flourish waved his hand, suddenly the wind caught in their sails and they were tugged off.

Shade looked back at Bridget, "my dear miss Hollingsworth, I am very protective of my crew. I'm sure you understand." He smiled, "allow me to take you and your crew to a pub after we get to the docks." He waved a hand and turned back to look at the port as they grew ever closer. A shiver of anticipation went down his spine and he smiled a little, it made him happier to know one less pirate would be sailing the wide ocean blue.

~Cecilia~

She watched them suspiciously for a moment, "ah, yes whats more fun than beating up over-weight Navy soldiers?" She grinned and shook Trillium's hand, "nice to meet you. I'm Cecilia." She smiled at Julius, his demeanor completely bouncing off her. To her, he was just another pirate, she never considered herself a woman anyway and she felt more secure believing she was a man.

"I'm very happy for the help. But I'm afraid I can't help you there, see, I've got no vessel. I'm on the look out for someone though." She picked one of the guards pockets and sighed as only lint came out. "He has been infamously hard to catch." She glanced at them, "Jack Sparrow." She said his a name and waited for their responses to it.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:05 pm

"Not much else is more fun than that." Trillium joked.

Trillium and Julius traded a knowing glance.

"Ah yes. Him." Trillium folded her arms, obviously displeased with her last encounter with the man.

"The last we heard of him, he was sailing off to rescue some famous pirate. Something about him being the only key to his youth." Julius explained. "Forgive us, but we do not know much more than that, ma'am."

"We're actually searching for him ourselves. Our last encounter wasn't under favorable circumstances." Trill laughed dryly.

"Let's just say a whole fleet of Royal Navy was after him, and we were the.. Bait. That was a sticky situation indeed. Once I convinced them that we in fact were not pirates, they let us go." He said, "Trill here had a hard time keeping her mouth shut though." He laughed.

"Hardest experience of my life.. Having to sail under a British flag for a week.." She shivered. "What is your business with Captain Jack anyway?"

OOC: SOrry, I know, not that great of a post. super tired.. Ugghhh
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby SeraphicCharm » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:58 pm

As the scene unfolded before, Eliza stood silent, ashamed. Extra coffee was definitely not a good thing. When the ships parted ways, Eliza breathed a sigh of relief. Now that was over, she could do some planning for supper. But the thought of running into that scum of a captain again was not something she would be looking forward to, and the tavern in town would be the very last place Eliza would visit. But for now, she would focus on her current task. She quietly excused herself before bearing the brunt of Bridget's dissatisfaction and took the tray and the remaining coffee back to the galley.
SeraphicCharm

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:47 pm

OOC: Here Phantom is....err here I am! Sorry about this, ya'll. I do apologize for my absense. I'm afraid I might blunder a bit....so begging for forgiveness in advance.

--James Lark--

The old captain watched with amusement at the two very different characters that stood wet and one dazzed on the deck of his ship. He took off his sombrero and did a equally low bow.

"Captain James T. Lark at yer service. Child of the globe, traveller, and once genius. It's a pleasure to make both of yer acquintances. And this here", he said as he stood erect and motioning to the dead bird on his shoulder, "is my Mercutio. We are both very happy to have you aboard. Uke-Moshi's a good 'ol girl, but you'll soon realize why she got 'er name....or at least Toothpick will."

He looked at Jonathan when he said this. The boy was indeed arrogant, but he liked him; he reminded him so strongly of someone. He flashed a white smile, partically covered by his large moustache.

"Come. You both must be tired. If you got down the stairs there you'll find many rooms. Pick the one you like best; any could be accomodatin' to say the least. Please make yerselves at home. We're about a day away from the shores of Kilos, so we can part ways there. For the lovely young lady, I will talk to a few friends of mine to get you a good vessel. Sup is in an hour, so I'll see you both then."

The captain bowed again before heading down into a trap door next to him.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Strafe » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:19 pm

OOC: Lol. Finals week. Busy studying.

-Jonathan and Song-

He glared up at the man, and struggled to sit up. He shook and ruffled his hair, letting the water spray out of his soaking locks. He grumbled. His change of clothes was now underwater, all of his gunpowder, and so was his...

His eyes shot open and he sprang forward, rushing to the edge. Without a second thought, he jumped straight into the water, and flailed towards the wreckage. This wasn't something he could leave behind. His mind raced, heart pounded in his chest. He barely stayed afloat, his head whipping in every direction to find it. Everything began to slow down, he felt cold, though he still flailed wildly. Then everything stopped. He fell underwater. And didn't come back up.

Song had already stepped into the cabin, and didn't notice her captain's suicidal outburst outside

-Bridget and James-

After the several day voyage, they finally landed in Charleston. Everybody got off the boat.

OOC: whoops. gotta go. feel free to approach the Navy duo. They're in town.
Strafe

Postby Lil_Ninja » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:26 pm

OOC: Weelll, since Wind isn't posting, I figure I'll just move on.

IC: Due to Jack Sparrow's short attention span, as soon as his rum was gone and his men had taken the rest of the rum kegs, he was on his way out of the tavern. The lady was ignoring him anyway. Though her reaction wasn't very unusual. Jack figured they were just overwhelmed with his masculinity.
He got back on his ship, made sure he had locked a few kegs in his quarters, and started sailing towards Charleston.

"Capt'n! Flaming boat wreckage is visible in the distance! Course of action?" His first man shouted out, pointing to the destroyed ship.

Jack took his golden telescope out to get a closer look. "It'd be nice for us to search for survivors, eh?" He pondered the thought. "It is a fellow pirate ship after all." He turned on his heels, heading towards the helm. "Set a course for the wreckage!"

"Capt'n!" His first man spoke up again, making Sparrow turn back to him. "Another pirate ship is visible near the wreckage!"

Jack took out his telescope again and looked at it. "Well I'll be! It's the infamous Captain James Lark and his ancient ship Uke-Moshi! He must have blown that ship to pieces!" He laughed heartily. "Let's pay him a visit, shall we?" He grinned ear to ear, closing his telescope and sticking it back in his jacket.

This encounter was going to be fun. Captain Sparrow has had run-ins with Captain Lark before, and each time, he came away with a bizarre story to tell. This encounter would surely be of the same nature.

OOC: I hope it's ok if I barge in on your fun, Strafe and Phantom! XD
Oh, btw, is it ok if I say Sparrow and Lark know each other? The nature of their friendship, whether it be good or bad, can be up to you :D
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Nami » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:53 am

~Shade~

The Clearcut landed in Charleston, a few minutes before HMS Surprise, Shade had forgotten about his promise to take that crew to the pub. He looked around the docks with sharp eyes and then turned to his crew smiling, "help yoursleves to whatever you want, this day will be a glorious day. For soon enough that foul pirate will be dead." Shade turned away from his cheering crew and walked down the dock, he had to do something.

He made his way across the town, ignoring mostly everyone, including merchants who tried to lure him into their shops. Sweet scents from the bakery tickled his nose with the harsh stench of burning metal from a blacksmith somewhere in town. All the sounds and smells brought painful memories forward. It took Shade a second but he managed to shove them away, he stopped in front of the jail and smiled. He had to see Stede Bonnet, he had to see him and know he would die.

Shade looked at the guard and showed him his pass, the thin piece of paper, a wish the King had granted for him. The guard looked startled and let him through. Shade marched down the grimy stairs of the prison and couldn't help the tickle of a smile that twitched his lips.

OOC: Hope thats Ok, I thought Shade would be the kind of person to gloat over a pirate being imprisoned.

~Cecilia~

Cecilia listened eagerly interested, though she hardly let it show on her face as they told her their tale. She nodded calmly, feeling a little disappointed. "Ah, I see...to save a pirate.." something flickered in the back of her mind but she ignored it.

"Oh, well personal reasons." She grinned, "I don't have a beef with him or anything, actually...I'm looking to join his crew." She shifted her arms and crossed them, expecting them to think she was nuts, which was fine with her. Her hand landed on the hilt of her sword and she listened intently, knowing that more Navy soldiers would come soon to see why ten of their men were missing.

"Actually, perhaps we should go somewhere else to talk?" She said calmly, "I don't think its good to stand around on a crime scene."

OOC: Nin, where do you want Trill and her bro to be? Charleston or somewhere else?
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby SeraphicCharm » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:51 am

So this is Charleston... Eliza thought to herself as she meandered through the streets of the town. It felt wonderful to be back on land, after being at sea for a while and not quite used to it yet. Her pouch full of gold coins at her side, she gathered some supplies that weren't available on the ship. Most of these were ingredients for the kitchen, but the rest were for herself. Thread, needles, pins, and lots of fabric. Later on down the road, she would need to make more clothes for herself, in addition to ones she would purchase already-made. She passed by a tavern, the familiar din of drunks clattering within. It will be a long time before I miss those days, Eliza thought to herself as she continued on her way.
SeraphicCharm

Postby Strafe » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:32 pm

-Jonathan-

He awoke washed up on a shore, soaking wet, and caught to a piece of driftwood. His entire body ached. He tried to groan, but his throat caught and he wretched over coughing up water.

He groaned with his raspy, but now unblocked voice, looking up at the land in front of him. It was a busy port town. Strange. The harbor they were headed towards was not large at all. He sat up, looking around. In his hand was a small, sealed box. He smiled wearily. At the very least, it was still safe. He pulled his legs toward him to stand up, and slowly ascended. He stuttered a little bit, struggling to regain balance, then proceeded to limp towards the town.

Charleston, the sign said. It seemed to be a long time since he had had human contact. No people, no women, no drinks, conversation, women, laughter, women. He smiled, less tired this time, and quickened his pace until he walked flush in the flow of traffic on the town's streets. His eyes scanned the town's selection.

There was quite the looker... with Children. Blegh. He turned immediately away. Oh? There was one fine specimen of a lady... walking right next to a rather large seaman. Not a good idea. The scrappy gun, his only bargaining chip, was with...

Song. He stopped. Where was his first mate? What had happened? Oh. That's right. He had jumped suicidally off the Ookay Moh-shee to get the sealed box. He turned, frustrated at what that might mean. He sort of missed Song...

His eyes went wide when he saw the woman by the tavern. She was a different sort of beauty. A wistful gaze, melancholy hope, weighty smile. Mysteriously enamoring. He approached her, a sly smile creeping on his face. "Why, hello there, Miss. You seem lost. Are you in need of anything? Well, probably nothing that I, Jonathan Hartford, heir to the Hartford fortune, couldn't handle, eh love?

His brightly charming smile shone through his torn, soaked clothing and obvious lack of town knowledge, though it didn't cover it completely.

OOC: That's Eliza, Seraphic Charm.

-Song-

Not noticing Jonathan's absence yet, she looked at the approaching ship and turned to Captain James.

"What are we to do, Captain?"
Strafe

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:32 pm

--Captain Lark--

Lark spun around at Song's question; half-dazzed with liquor and half-surprised at being addressed as 'captain'. He grinned widely and scanned the horizon. All was blurry. He moved the patch to his other eye and took the spyglass from his pocket.

"Well....I'll be.....I haven't this much excitement fer some time now! Lets be good sports and put up a parley-peaceful flag.....oh! I do love dinner guests! Where's the little sea rat? Surely he can host a flag?"
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Nami » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:10 am

-Shade McKellen-

As Shade made his way down into the prison the guard behind him started to sweat even though it was cold down here. He glanced at the guard and noted him shaking. "Does a pirate intimidate you so much?" he inquired.

The guard glanced at Shade and then away quickly, "no sir, not the pirate."

Shade, confused, thought it over for a minute and then realization dawned on him. He sighed, "if you are that afraid of me soldier, you may go back up. I promise not to harm Stede Bonnet, I'm much to eager to watch him hang."

The soldier hesitated and then nodded, fleeing back up the stairs. Even if it meant being demoted he didn't care, there were many, many rumors about Shade McKellen and how he had slayed ten pirates in a week and how if someone in his crew were to go against him, he would toss them overboard for the sharks. Of course, these were all rumors, but they scared the soldier half to death, the man Shade, had a very, very frightening demeanor.

Shade didn't bother to watch the guard retreat, he snorted a little and continued down. He stepped finally off the last stair and then with a sure step he walked toward the cell the man had said Stede Bonnet was in. Shade's pulse raced in anticipation as he grew closer to the cell, he could barely contain his excitement. Finally, he stared into the slightly lit prison cell and saw Stede Bonnet.

He breathed out, his pulse growing faster. "Mister Bonnet." He murmured. "Good to finally meet you." He smiled cruelly, it took all his will not to break down the door to this metal cell and stab the man through the heart. No, he wanted to see him hung. Shade chuckled, "I look forward to your hanging, I have been wanting to see if for so long..." He paused and cocked his head. "It'll be a pleasure to know that one less pirate is terriorizing the sea."

OOC: Wow, even I'm scared by Shade and I made him! O.o Geez. XD He's crazy ahahha.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Strafe » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:14 am

OOC: Oh right. Bonnet is an NPC... an important one, but an NPC. I guess I'll set the tone for him first though.

-Stede Bonnet-

He didn't turn to look at the man behind him, and merely grunted. He'd had his fill of intimidation, and usually figured that most men would be intimidated by him by name alone. He guessed that this navy captain was just trying especially hard to hide his own fear. Just another man reveling in the idea of death, but not understanding it. He had more important things to think about. Edward Teach, that traitor, left him out to dry on the beach with half of a crew. He clenched his fists angrily.

However, to Shade, it would appear that Bonnet was angry at being ridiculed.
Strafe

Postby SeraphicCharm » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:51 am

Eliza turned to face the source of the voice addressing her. She beheld for a moment perhaps the most bedraggled man she had ever seen in her life; he looked like he had walked straight out of the ocean. On top of that, he was attempting to appear so charming with his large, alluring grin. Eliza had seen many of his kind before; working in a tavern most of your life exposes you to the worst of his kind. She wasn't much in the mood for dealing with this again, not when she had just received her liberation from bondage. She threw on her own mask of a confident smile. "Oh, I'm fine, thank you. Just gathering some needed supplies before we set sail again." She giggled to herself as the drenched man claimed to be the heir to some great fortune she had never heard of. She thought perhaps he was inebriated, but he hadn't just come out of the tavern and she couldn't smell the pungent odor of liquor following him. She was almost intrigued by this strange man...until he called her that blasted term. eh, love? The words echoed in her ears, pounding against the inside of her head. Oh, how she hated that "term of endearment"! All the good-for-nothing men in the tavern always called her that, and they never meant the emotion. Eliza knew full well it was a popular term in some circles, but she could never get used to it. She flashed a fake, beautiful smile at the soaking man and walked away from him down the street. She hoped that he wouldn't follow or try again to get her attention...but he probably would. She just wanted to be a strong, independent woman, not having to rely on anyone else or be subserviant to them...like Captain Bridget.
SeraphicCharm

Postby Strafe » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:26 pm

-Jonathan-

He felt her looking back at him. Ah... she likes what she sees. Can't blame her. He smiled brightly as she giggled to herself, finding it incredibly cute. It seemed he struck gold here. And then her expression soured almost immediately. Jonathan was struck back. Whatever could he have done? He was a beautiful person, clean, not eccentric, and always held women in the utmost respect.

Oh wait. Ahahhaahhhaaaa....

Jonathan laughed to himself, defeated, mentally slapping his face in irony, watching the woman walk away pointedly. He wouldn't dare follow her. At least until he found a change of clothes. A piece of seaweed fell off of his shoulder dejectedly as he headed to the nearest tailor.

-James-

He saw Eliza walking through the marketplace briskly, and a tad bit proud. He wondered what had just happened.

"Are you alright? An' you need help wit anyting?"
Strafe

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying