The Golden Age

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby SeraphicCharm » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:33 am

As Eliza strode into the marketplace, a familiar voiced called out to her. Upon seeing James again, she felt she could let her mask crack a little. Letting out a sigh, she replied, "I'm fine, thanks. Just had a bit of a...flashback. I think I'm okay now. But thank you." She smiled, a little wearily but brightly.
SeraphicCharm

Postby Nami » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:44 am

OOC: dudes! It died >>
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Strafe » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:18 am

Yeah... Everyone sort of Dropped out, and it wasn't really going anywhere... What I get for not really planning much for it. I guess i'm just suited to GMing Darker RPs. I didn't start up a new one yet out of respect for this one, so I guess we'll just let it die...

Unless of course you want to keep going? Maybe PM everybody or something. Not sure if anyone was really too tied up in it. If not, I'll go ahead with my next idea some time later down the line, Project Equilibrium. Something a bit darker than this.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby Nami » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:30 am

Well, either way, I'm happy with pulling it out of this sink hole, but that can be REALLY hard to do sometimes.

Plan our your next project! It sounds fuuuun! :3 I like Dark RP's.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Alright. Back in Business.

Postby Strafe » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:58 am

Alright. The Golden Age is now officially open. Newcomers are still welcome as always, but It's time we stopped twiddling our thumbs and moved on.

[color="LightBlue"] As you know, many years ago, a violent tremor roared across the seven seas, a restless wave of anticipation for what had just happened. You felt it too, even as a child, didn't you? Now I tell you why this was. The Great Pirate Juan Salvatore had been captured and his fleet seized, along with all of his treasures and possessions. In the ships his fleet held, contained endless stockpiles of Gold, Silver, Jewels of such splendor that no man could ever hope to understand in one lifetime. All of it in the hands of the cruel British Empire.

It was a pitiful sight to watch my Captain, once proud and mighty, now standing, beaten, bruised, and with a noose around his neck. But he did not bow to any man, not even the king of England. In front of the crowd, with God as his witness, he proclaimed with his final breath. "I am not dead. I am the sword for all who sail from injustice. I am the Blade of Salvation." With rage at such heresy, the executioner threw Captain Salvatore to his doom without the priest's blessing. Thus Juan Salvatore died a cursed man, and the crowds departed conclusively.

Captain Salvatore's unmarked grave is still at the crossroads, with all the other executed criminals. He was not the Blade of Salvation he claimed to be. He was mortal, as dead as any man would be. His enigmatic final words were in vain.

Or were they? My son, I tell you now that Juan Salvatore lives. His body is dead, but his soul is not. He lives somewhere in the Seven Seas, The Blade of Salvation resting in wait for those who find him. His final treasure, eternally hidden away from the false masters of justice. Only those who are pure of heart may approach, and then all things shall be made clear. I have seen this Blade with my wretched eyes. It is real. The closest thing to beauty the world has ever known. Surely it will grant one a miracle, if not the entire world.

My son, I am old and weary, I may not draw breath in the morning. I have searched many years for The Blade of Salvation, but I could not find it for I am wretched. But you, my child are the light of hope. You may approach this altar, and partake of its blessings, for in this cruel world, they are the only things that ring true. Search for the miracle, and when you draw the Blade, perhaps then, you can truly live.

~A dying seaman's final words to his son, 1718.

[/color]

OOC: For clarification, no one knows exactly what Juan Salvatore's final treasure is, since it's not necessarily a sword. But they all agree that whoever obtains it will be granted one miracle. And so, The quest for the Blade of Salvation begins...

You may start your characters where you left off, or reset. It's up to you, but make sure to talk with the other RPers about previous interactions to clarify what they mean in light of the story now.
Strafe

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:17 pm

OOC: Awsome into! Well, where's Captain Johnson and his ship? is he ancoered somewhere or out so sea? Cause I can't start unless I know there him and and his ship is.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby Strafe » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:52 pm

OOC: Uh... Who's Captain Johnson? I can't find any profiles of any Johnsons...
Strafe

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:54 pm

I meant Jonathen!!! =_=
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Strafe » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:16 pm

OOC: Alright then. I'll post. If it's fine with you Soran, can I move along Jonathan and Song? If there is a stowaway on a ship, Jonathan needs to have a ship in the first place. So can we have it that their ordeal happened a few months before the current time?

-Jonathan and Song-

"I'm flying Song! Look!" Jonathan held his arms up as the wind rushed at him. He stood at the front of the deck, right at the point of the little scrapped garbage vessel, the Sylvienne. The Sylvienne was on course to London, as Jonathan had some business to attend to.

Song was on the other side of the deck, polishing her sword as she usually did, not responding to Jonathan. She was either lost in thought, or purposely ignoring him, but it was all the same to him.

Jonathan looked back at not hearing any reply. "Song?" He skipped over to his stoic first mate, promptly sitting beside her. Song kept polishing her sword. Jonathan tapped his knees and whistled awkwardly. Song kept polishing her sword. Jonathan stopped whistling. Song kept polishing her sword.

Leaning over Jonathan peeked at Song's handiwork. "So... uh... What are you doing exactly, Ms. Yin Yue?"

"Polishing my sword," Song replied flatly.

"Oh really, that's quite wonderful, isn't it? With the polishing, and the sword and whatnot."

Song paused, looking up at her captain blankly for a moment before resuming her work. "Why yes. Yes it is."

Jonathan nodded affirmatively, then glanced around, looking for something to say. "Well, you know..."

The Chinese woman placed her blade down conclusively, sighed like a mother trying to calm a bratty child, then glared at Jonathan. "Look. I am obviously busy at the moment, so if you could be so kind as to go away, I would appreciate it. Thanks."

Jonathan opened his mouth to talk back, but shut it instantly when Song's cold glare tore through him. He stood there gaping for several seconds, before finally saying, "Well... alright then. Um... I'll go over there now." Jonathan quickly tip toed over into the small cabin. In it were two little cots separated by a divider, and various supplies. He reached into the winery to get something to heal his bruised ego, but his hand hit something strange. It felt hard, and had hair on it. He looked inside. In the winery was a teenage girl who was immensely tall and lanky for her age. His hand was on her head.

Jonathan blinked. "Um... Hello there. I fancy you don't have that bottle of 1713 brandy that I was looking for, do you?"
Strafe

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:55 pm

The girl, Trisscar, gasped and leaped out of the winery. How could I have been caught ALREADY?!?! she thought in alarm. clutching a bottle of the very Brandy Jonathan wanted, she sprinted toward the other end of the ship, her short albino hair streaming behind her.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Strafe » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:31 pm

-Jonathan and Song-

Jonathan watched the girl dart out to the deck, blinked, then shrugged. Stowaways were never an issue.

He reached back into the winery to get the brandy. Then he froze. It was gone. He turned around slowly, consternation flooding his veins. The girl had it. He jumped up desperately and ran out to the deck. "No wait."

Song stood up calmly and walked slowly to the girl, emotionlessly catching her arm as she tried to run past her. "What are you doing on our ship?" She clutched her sword cautiously, ready for anything.
Strafe

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:23 pm

Triss didn't answer. Instead, she swung the bottle with her free hand, whacking Song on the head with it. Triss broke free, and sped below deck, intending to hide in the cellar.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Mister » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:02 pm

OCC: so do i just drop in anywhere?

Commodore Bane strode angrily from the Admiral's estate in the Caribbean. Bane shoved his officer's hat hard onto his head as he passed the guards at the front door. Bruce McFarley, his first mate, stood by the wagon and held the door as he entered it. once inside Florance went into a frenzy.

"BLAST IT ALL! Of all the dunderheaded fools who call themselves..." McFarley interrupted him quickly by saying, "Now Florance, don't go say'n anything ye may be a'regretting later." Florance sighed and rubbed his temples, he was tired and his head hurt. "i don't understand it Bruce, i just don't understand it." he looked out over the sea as they rode down the lane towards the city and eventually, the docks. "They commend me for my prowess in battle, they award me for my loyalties and dedication. they shower me with praise for my endeavors to win the sea for the King! NOW THEY THROW ME TO THE WINDS ON A CHILD'S ERRAND!" the last bit caused Bruce to smile, amused by his Captain. He lit a pipe and after smoking it twice he handed it to Florance, who accepted it gratefully.

"so tell me Florance my boy," Bruce, who was leaning back now leaned forward on his knees, "what has our blessed King asked for us to do now? destroy the entire French fleet with a dink and a box of rocks? or maybe find Davey Jones and ask him the whereabouts of the Dead's Riches?" Florance stifled a chuckle and grimly replied, "worse, he wants us to hunt down and Find, Juan Salvatore's final treasure. apparently the king still holds a grudge against the man, and wants all of the Pirates treasure for himself."

Bruce cocked an eyebrow, "why so much fuss over a little treasure?" his voice was confused and slightly annoyed, "does not the King have the greatest wealth in the world?" Florance nodded and said, "aye, he does. but there's supposed to be something, Special, about this treasure. supposed to grant you a wish when you find it, or some such thing." Bruce laughed and commented, "I'll be the son of a Mermaid! that's the blamed most ignorant thing i've ever heard!"

Florance laughed then and continued to laugh until they docks as Bruce McFarley continued with his jibs and jabs at the foolishness of the idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby Strafe » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:47 pm

OOC: Go ahead, Mister (Lol that sounds funny)

Dia, You do know that the Sylvienne is really small. Like really really small. It's barely even a ship. It's like a small fishing boat basically.

-Jonathan and Song-

The girl ran away from Song, thinking that she had hit her in the head. Apparently not, as Song held the bottle in her hand and looked ponderously in the direction the girl had run off to. She then looked quizzically at Jonathan, who shrugged helplessly.

"I didn't bring her. You know me. I wouldn't dare touch such a young lady in that manner. Even if she is taller than me." He looked to the side, defeated that he was trumped in height. "But... I don't suppose she's going to do much harm anyways. She's probably too young to be seriously dangerous, and I never found much fun in exterminating pests. Maybe we'll get to know her better later. In the mean time..." Jonathan went back into the cabin and brought out two snifters, popping the brandy cap and pouring a small amount of it into both of the glasses. He handed one to Song. "...Cheers?"

Song, who had not spoken since the girl had left let out a small smirk. "Cheers."

They downed the smooth liquor as London came just into view. They had been riding the Thames River for a while now, and now they finally caught a glimpse of civilization. First, a small bulge in the horizon. Then, a growing landscape. The second Eddystone Lighthouse glimmered in the distance. Then the docks came closer, until they were clearly visible.

They lowered sails, anchored to the port and stepped on solid ground for the first time in quite a while. Jonathan looked in the direction of the cellar, at the stowaway, wondering if she would leave the ship while they were here. It didn't make a difference.

"So... I have to go meet with some... incendiary personalities. Can you handle yourself in the city for the time being? We'll meet back here when it gets dark." Jonathan turned to Song, not really expecting any protest.

Song nodded affirmatively. "Of course."

Jonathan nodded himself, winked, smiled, then bowed in a dramatic flourish, turning and waving back, all in one motion. "Then in time, love. Farewell... Oh and wish me luck!" He began walking into the city.

Song rolled her eyes then walked off in her own direction. She would kill time somehow, as she usually did. And she usually killed time by finding answers. Who was she exactly? There was a man she needed to see in London. Someone important.

OOC: You can run into either one of them, AC. They're now in London. And your character is free to move around in London too Dia. You can also decide to go to a different ship or something.
Strafe

Postby acgifford » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:07 am

-Claira-

Claira wearily docked her small ship in the London dock. It was dusk. Her ship, if you could call a ship, bobbed up and down slowly. Claira let out a heavy sigh of frustration and exaustion. Another bountiless trip. Am I really cut out for this? she thought as she reached into her small purse and produced a few copper coins. She let out another heavy sigh. She wondered if this would even pay for some food and drink.

Clarira began to wonder through the narrow streets of London looking for a cheap place to stay...or at least eat. Her stomach growled loudly. It was dark now. She unconsciously put her hand on her knife. This was a dangerous part of town and she knew it. She tried to keep to herself. It was then she noticed a man a tall and slender man walking through the streets. He wore a top hat and a suit, which was quite out of place in this part of town. Maybe he's rich. she thought with a smile. She decided to follow him and see if she could get something out of him. She followed him, but tried to act like she was merely going the same way.
acgifford

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:41 am

OOC: Oh, ok Strafe.
bic: Triss cauciously came out of hiding. They had landed in the London docks, and the boat was empty. Triss smiled. London was the perfect place to 'borrow' a few things. Triss left the boat and set out looking for a good place to steal from.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Strafe » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:26 pm

-Jonathan-

He strolled through the city streets, slowly moving from the affluent buildings to the slums. It was the best, dry land was. He truly hated the ocean after all. Even the feeling under his feet felt right on land. And there was no chance of ruining his suits by getting wet.

He walked even slower, enjoying the solid ground. He would probably have to leave it soon enough, though maybe he could convince Song to stay in his hometown for maybe a week or so. It wasn't really much of a rush, since they weren't really doing anything or searching for anything at the moment.

Of course, Jonathan also liked his favorite past time in London, Women. Though he felt that women who wore too much make up looked artificial. He was a fan of natural beauty, that didn't have to be hidden behind a mask of powders and colors. So he walked, tipping his hat to some especially dazzling examples, much to the chagrin of their accompanying men. He really didn't mean anything by it, he just wanted to let the women know what they were. He wouldn't dare steal a woman from any man. That was just not a gentlemanly thing to do.

Of course, there were exceptions. He sometimes saw women who were with men who obviously did not deserve them, so he took it upon himself to liberate them from their captivity. This never ended well, though Jonathan would not admit it.

He noticed a raggedy girl walking behind him, seeming to go the same direction he was going. She was indeed not quite well polished, and her hair seemed to want more care than it was allotted, but an air of slight potential seemed to radiate from her fair skin. Jonathan made no motion to hide his admiration, and slight disappointment that she could not afford to be better groomed. But she walked with no man, and she seemed like she would be attracted by wealth. Perhaps he could pass the time that way. Hrm...

He walked up to her confidently. "Is it just me, or is your skin glowing, dear? I find it hard to not be distracted by it." He paused, smiling charmingly at her. "I was wondering. Are you perhaps a model of some sort for paintings? It seems highly likely to me." He put on a serious expression, as if pondering her figure. "Well I have to say, it's much too crowded in the streets to get a good impression of you. Do you have a moment? If you would like, we could get away and talk more in depth in say... in there." He pointed to a quiet cafe towards the affluent side of the city. "Would you care to join me, love?"

OOC: That's Claira, AC.
Strafe

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:25 pm

"AFTER HER MEN!!!" Triss heard behind her. She was being chased bye some British police. She dashed behind two buildings, and hid behind a barrel. They passed right bye. "Oldest trick in the world." she smirked to herself. She opened her sack, and took out an interesting opbject. It looked like it was a cross between a battle axe and a sword attached to a leather gauntlet. she slipped it on. even though it was a bit heavy, it was perfect. "The best thing I've stolen yet!" she murmered. She had also managed to steal some coins and gems, and a pearl handled musket. Suddely she heard a sound nearby. She tensed, getting into a fighting stance. A small kitten appeared from behind a pile of trash, mewing pitifully. Triss took a step toward it. the poor kitten cowered with it's head down, as if it expected Triss to hit it. Triss dropped down on one knee and picked the kitten up. The kitten was completely black, and had toxic green eyes, much like Triss' own. "Your an orphan too, aren't you?" Triss whispered. She looked down at the compass shaped necklace she had since she was a baby. "Wow, your so black at first I thought you where a shadow......yes, your name shall be Shadow!" said Triss, cuddling the kitten.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Mister » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:34 pm

OCC: Strafe. saying my name is funny? lol i guess it is T.T

IC: Florance strode aboard his ship, The Moon Maiden, with Bruce behind him. as soon as the Commodore's feet were planted the crew lunged to attention, awaiting his orders. Commodore Bane looked the crew over, all hard men and sea worthy, fighters and gentlemen to the last. He nodded to Bruce just before walking towards his cabin, behind him Bruce began getting things underway, barking orders like an old hound on a full moon.

Just as he reached the cabin door he turned and called out, "Mr. McFarley! be sure the men are ready for a general meeting at dawn!" every man-jack of them heard his order, but Bruce set about to hollering at them. "Alright you sorry bunch of yellow bellied Deck Rats! Parks! raise release the sails! Buckley! Set out the Colors! Get a move on it you Lot! you heard the Captain, lets get underway!"

inside the cabin Florance Bane smiled to himself, he shed his officer's coat to reveal the four silver inlaid hilts of his favorite pistols next to him in a large gun case was his personal muskets, and his Sabre. Florance striped his ceremonial sword from his belt and replaced it with the Sabre.

after sitting at the desk in his cabin and lighting a candle he heard a knock on the door. after he called for the man to enter Bruce and a skinny Spaniard walked in. Bruce bowed slightly and said, "began' your pardon Cap'n but Jean says he has some information." Florance nodded and said, "speak your piece man." Jean bowed slightly and spoke nervously, "well, sir, i've caught wind from some of my informants, o..of..of a French M..M..Merchant ship heading for Natal, Brazil." Florance nodded in thought, "What is the ship's name, sailor?" Jean nodded nervously and replied, "the Asile juste"

Florance raised an eyebrow, "the Fair Haven?" his voice was amused, he waved them out while saying, "Mr. McFarley, see to it that this man gets a potion of brandy and a good nights sleep." Bruce nodded silently and led the man out.

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby acgifford » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:25 pm

Strafe (post: 1418986) wrote:-Jonathan-

He strolled through the city streets, slowly moving from the affluent buildings to the slums. It was the best, dry land was. He truly hated the ocean after all. Even the feeling under his feet felt right on land. And there was no chance of ruining his suits by getting wet.

He walked even slower, enjoying the solid ground. He would probably have to leave it soon enough, though maybe he could convince Song to stay in his hometown for maybe a week or so. It wasn't really much of a rush, since they weren't really doing anything or searching for anything at the moment.

Of course, Jonathan also liked his favorite past time in London, Women. Though he felt that women who wore too much make up looked artificial. He was a fan of natural beauty, that didn't have to be hidden behind a mask of powders and colors. So he walked, tipping his hat to some especially dazzling examples, much to the chagrin of their accompanying men. He really didn't mean anything by it, he just wanted to let the women know what they were. He wouldn't dare steal a woman from any man. That was just not a gentlemanly thing to do.

Of course, there were exceptions. He sometimes saw women who were with men who obviously did not deserve them, so he took it upon himself to liberate them from their captivity. This never ended well, though Jonathan would not admit it.

He noticed a raggedy girl walking behind him, seeming to go the same direction he was going. She was indeed not quite well polished, and her hair seemed to want more care than it was allotted, but an air of slight potential seemed to radiate from her fair skin. Jonathan made no motion to hide his admiration, and slight disappointment that she could not afford to be better groomed. But she walked with no man, and she seemed like she would be attracted by wealth. Perhaps he could pass the time that way. Hrm...

He walked up to her confidently. "Is it just me, or is your skin glowing, dear? I find it hard to not be distracted by it." He paused, smiling charmingly at her. "I was wondering. Are you perhaps a model of some sort for paintings? It seems highly likely to me." He put on a serious expression, as if pondering her figure. "Well I have to say, it's much too crowded in the streets to get a good impression of you. Do you have a moment? If you would like, we could get away and talk more in depth in say... in there." He pointed to a quiet cafe towards the affluent side of the city. "Would you care to join me, love?"

OOC: That's Claira, AC.

-Claira-

Claira was quite shocked when the man turned around stared at her. Her heart skipped a beat. Did he know what her intentions where? All of the sudden he started complementing her. Her face turned cherry red. No one had ever told her that she was pretty in any way.

"I-I beg your pardon?"

She didnt know why...but she sort of liked his treatment of her. She didnt know how to react to his behavior. Although...maybe it was a trap. Maybe he did know. Claira's body tensed prepared to run.

He said he wanted to talk to her and gestured to a cafe. She took a sniff of the air. Something smelled good. She was very hungry. Maybe she could get some food out of him. She looked into his eyes...he seemed safe enough. Maybe that was her want for food overwhelming her judgment. But decided to go with him. She nodded to the gentlemen slowly.
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Strafe » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:04 pm

-Jonathan-

"Oh dear me. Where are my manners? My name is Jonathan Hartford, Heir to the Hartford Estate. At your service, dear." He noticed the girl getting slightly flustered, and he smiled warmly, not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable. "Come along then. It seems you aren't quite caught up with anything at the moment. Now's the perfect time to get a acquainted." He winked, and gently held her hand, leading her to a seat in the cafe.

He ordered them two cups of coffee, and about 15 crumpets, as he guessed the girl would be ravenously hungry if she looked like that. Jonathan took a sip of the steaming liquid.

"Have you ever tried coffee, love? I find it to be a good bit richer and stronger to the tongue than normal earl grey and other teas. But it's a pleasant richness. In fact, the demand is growing quite rapidly. Might become quite the lucrative business. Quite surprising, considering the rather conservative nature of most Brits. I think the East India Trading Company wants a hand in it, though they want a hand in everything. They want nothing but money I suppose. But money isn't everything."

Jonathan noticed people staring at the girl a bit fearfully. It wasn't because of her appearance, but for some other reason. He couldn't see what the problem was though.

"But that probably doesn't concern either of us." He took another sip. "So tell me about yourself, dear. You seem to have an abundance of stories to tell." He leaned back in his chair and smiled easily.
Strafe

Postby acgifford » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:53 am

Strafe (post: 1419114) wrote:-Jonathan-

"Oh dear me. Where are my manners? My name is Jonathan Hartford, Heir to the Hartford Estate. At your service, dear." He noticed the girl getting slightly flustered, and he smiled warmly, not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable. "Come along then. It seems you aren't quite caught up with anything at the moment. Now's the perfect time to get a acquainted." He winked, and gently held her hand, leading her to a seat in the cafe.

He ordered them two cups of coffee, and about 15 crumpets, as he guessed the girl would be ravenously hungry if she looked like that. Jonathan took a sip of the steaming liquid.

"Have you ever tried coffee, love? I find it to be a good bit richer and stronger to the tongue than normal earl grey and other teas. But it's a pleasant richness. In fact, the demand is growing quite rapidly. Might become quite the lucrative business. Quite surprising, considering the rather conservative nature of most Brits. I think the East India Trading Company wants a hand in it, though they want a hand in everything. They want nothing but money I suppose. But money isn't everything."

Jonathan noticed people staring at the girl a bit fearfully. It wasn't because of her appearance, but for some other reason. He couldn't see what the problem was though.

"But that probably doesn't concern either of us." He took another sip. "So tell me about yourself, dear. You seem to have an abundance of stories to tell." He leaned back in his chair and smiled easily.

-Claira-

Claira was speachless when he introduced himself to her. For some reason she coudlnt be her normal tardy self when he was treating her like that. Jonathan took her hand gently and began to lead her to the cafe. She wanted to resist but didnt have the heart to. So this was what it felt like to be treated like a lady.

When they arrived at the cafe he ordered two cups of coffee and 15 crumpets. Food! Yes I knew it! She thought. When the woman placed the coffee and food before them, she bairly waited until the woman was out of the way before she snatched up a crumpet and began wolfing it down in a ravenous manner. Really not very lady like. But she didnt care.

Jonathan seemed to be enjoying his coffee and started rambling on about how wonderful coffee was. Whatever.

Just then Jonathan started to look around. Claira wondered whatever he could be looking at. She looked up and people seemed to be starring. why are they staring? she wondered and looked at Jonathan with wondering eyes as she continued to stuff crumpet after crumpet in her mouth. He seemed to dismiss the others and focus on her. He began to ask her about her self.

Claira looked at him and swallowed hard. Her regular attitude seemed to return to her.

" W-why do you ask?" she looked down at her food again. " You shouldn't be so nosey about others business you know." She looked up at him again wondering if you had just made him angry with her. She was being rather rude after all.
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Diamond Dragon » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:15 am

With Shadow on her shoulder, Triss walked to a nearby cafe, and ordered a few crupets with the stolen money. Her hat was pulled low over her head so as not to be noticed. Then she saw the guy that had caught her in winery. He seemed to be talking to a young lady. I hope he doesn't recognise me! she thought.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Mister » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:33 am

OCC: is it ok for me to kinds advance my char's time to fit in with yours, as if the past posts were earlier than your time? am i being confusing?

IC: several weeks later the Moon Maiden docked in London Harbor. they had successfully hunted the Fair Haven and resupplied form her reserves. They burned the ship and put what crew survived in the brig. Now, Florance and Bruce, along with two other crew members walked through the streets of London, delaying their report to the king and searching for an old acquaintance of Bane's.

After several hours of searching they decided to stop at a local cafe and have a meal. what they found was quite the sight, a gentleman was sitting with what looked like a girl off the streets. But what caught his attention was that the others int he cafe were staring. Bruce cleared his throat, as he pulled the chair out for Florance, indicating his desire to intervene somehow. Florance sat like a nobleman, a man of refine, showing no breach in his posture. he began to eye the other inhabitants of the cafe while saying, "it has not been that long, Mr. McFarley, sense i was last in London. but when did Royal Brits take to staring at others in a rude fashion?" his voice was not loud, but loud enough for all to hear. Bruce sat beside him and replied, "Aye Commodore, it has been a while for me as well. But if i could say, sir, it must be all that tea imported from France. I hear it has a tendency to make one, more French?" the patrons began to look away and murmur amidst themselves, but they no longer stared at the couple a table away.

Florance raised the cup of tea he'd received from the maid, saluting the man sitting with the hungry girl. Indeed this girl was hungry, the way she stuffed her food down.

Mister

Postby Strafe » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:14 am

OOC: Yeah. I'm not too strict about time and daylight. As long as you aren't skipping an important event, you can time warp or call it a flashback.

-Jonathan-

"Well, that's fine dear. We're all entitled to our little secrets. Though it usually is proper to give your name after the other person has given you theirs." He winked. "But I'll allow a breach of conduct this time, since you're just so captivating, love."

He smiled and took a quick glance to notice that people were still staring at them. He looked around pensively. Everyone in the cafe were men, and the young lady in front of him was the only woman within it. He smirked. So that was it? They still haven't repealed the ban on women from coffee shops? These overly conservative Brits... He made a move to stand up and give a flamboyant show of how ignorant the custom was, but he was beat to it.

A couple of navy officers came in and sat down. He instantly put up his guards. His mother always told him, with tears in her eyes, that Navy officers were scoundrels, dogs of the most base and vile stature. They had no morals, and no self control. They were the scum of the sea. But Jonathan never understood why she hated the Navy Officers so much, since she had nothing to do with them in the first place. His family, before they were robbed, was the owner of a rapidly growing private trading company that would soon be in competition with the East India Trading Company. Of course, his father was killed, his brother kidnapped, and his mother had shut herself up in her room, refusing to speak to anyone but her private maid.

He sighed. That didn't matter now, though. There was nothing he could do about the past. It was over. Done. Etched in stone. He could only live for himself now, since it was all he had. The Hartford Estate was dead.

He looked lazily over at the Navy Officers, not really caring about what they were. But then they began talking loudly, though in refined speech and manner, save for the Irishman, of what should befit Royal British Citizens. They were defending him? Perhaps mother was wrong about Navy Officers after all. Mother always was a little bit prone to fits of hysteria after all.

He raised his cup of coffee to them as well, after the business had died down. He was a pirate, but he had not committed any crime yet, so he figured that the Navy wasn't after him in anyway. He walked up to their table to properly thank the gentlemen.

"My Lady sends her regards. Seems they haven't repealed that dreaded ban on Women from coffeeshops, though it seems that even someone of the law finds it quite ridiculous, eh?" He chuckled. "But let me introduce myself. My name is Jonathan Hartford, heir to the Hartford Estate, whatever that means now. What brings a couple of Navy Officers back to London?"

OOC: Apparently, it is historically true that women where banned from London coffeeshops for much of the 18th century. Curious, isn't it?
Strafe

Postby acgifford » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:35 am

Strafe (post: 1419201) wrote:OOC: Yeah. I'm not too strict about time and daylight. As long as you aren't skipping an important event, you can time warp or call it a flashback.

-Jonathan-

"Well, that's fine dear. We're all entitled to our little secrets. Though it usually is proper to give your name after the other person has given you theirs." He winked. "But I'll allow a breach of conduct this time, since you're just so captivating, love."

He smiled and took a quick glance to notice that people were still staring at them. He looked around pensively. Everyone in the cafe were men, and the young lady in front of him was the only woman within it. He smirked. So that was it? They still haven't repealed the ban on women from coffee shops? These overly conservative Brits... He made a move to stand up and give a flamboyant show of how ignorant the custom was, but he was beat to it.

A couple of navy officers came in and sat down. He instantly put up his guards. His mother always told him, with tears in her eyes, that Navy officers were scoundrels, dogs of the most base and vile stature. They had no morals, and no self control. They were the scum of the sea. But Jonathan never understood why she hated the Navy Officers so much, since she had nothing to do with them in the first place. His family, before they were robbed, was the owner of a rapidly growing private trading company that would soon be in competition with the East India Trading Company. Of course, his father was killed, his brother kidnapped, and his mother had shut herself up in her room, refusing to speak to anyone but her private maid.

He sighed. That didn't matter now, though. There was nothing he could do about the past. It was over. Done. Etched in stone. He could only live for himself now, since it was all he had. The Hartford Estate was dead.

He looked lazily over at the Navy Officers, not really caring about what they were. But then they began talking loudly, though in refined speech and manner, save for the Irishman, of what should befit Royal British Citizens. They were defending him? Perhaps mother was wrong about Navy Officers after all. Mother always was a little bit prone to fits of hysteria after all.

He raised his cup of coffee to them as well, after the business had died down. He was a pirate, but he had not committed any crime yet, so he figured that the Navy wasn't after him in anyway. He walked up to their table to properly thank the gentlemen.

"My Lady sends her regards. Seems they haven't repealed that dreaded ban on Women from coffeeshops, though it seems that even someone of the law finds it quite ridiculous, eh?" He chuckled. "But let me introduce myself. My name is Jonathan Hartford, heir to the Hartford Estate, whatever that means now. What brings a couple of Navy Officers back to London?"

OOC: Apparently, it is historically true that women where banned from London coffeeshops for much of the 18th century. Curious, isn't it?

-Claira-

Claira's jaw dropped. How could he stay so cool? He was far to polite. "Dont call me love." she said haughtily and threw a cold glare at Jonathan. Everyone treated her badly anyway...why should she behave? Why is he so nice to me? I'm certainly not that pretty. she thought.

Just then some British Navy officers strolled in to have a coffee. Claira's face twisted in hate for the men. Navy! Those filthy little soldiers. I hate them. I'd love them to both drop dead where they stand. she thought as she glared at the men. The Navy killed her parrents. According to her, they were all little puppets that needed their strings clipped.

The soldiers made a big deal about the staring that the others were doing. Puh. Whatever.

Claira watched as Jonathan made a scene wishing he would just act like everyone else. He thanked the officers and included her in the gratitude. This she did not like.

" The lady is right here and can speak for herself. And the lady doesnt care either way. B-be-" She bit her tongue. She didnt want to start a fight. She gave another dirty look to each of the men and turned to her food again. She had to keep her mouth shut or she could get herself into big trouble.
acgifford

Postby Strafe » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:32 am

-Jonathan-

Jonathan turned back to the girl. "Oh dear me. I apologize if you did not have the same sentiments as I. But still, these men saved us a good deal of trouble just now. At least a small piece of gratitude is in order, no?" He watched the girl saunter off and get back to her food. He smiled, trying to cover up his embarrassment.

"I won't be so pretentious as to apologize for her, but please be understanding. Some people have a bit of... well, hatred for the navy. Don't take it personally." He looked back at the girl, who was still hungrily scarfing down her food. "But my question still stands. What brings a pair of decorated Navy Officers back to London? Is there a need for a large restock of supplies or some important business in the capital?"

OOC: Hint. Tell him about Juan Salvatore's treasure. It's not confidential information, and the public knows about it anyways. But Jonathan hasn't been around and doesn't know about it. It's really important to his character that he knows though.
Strafe

Postby Diamond Dragon » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:45 am

Meanwhile Triss was close enough to hear all that was said. Hmm......this is getting interesting. Maybe I should stay and see what happens. she thought, a smirk playing on her lips. It felt good to spy!
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby acgifford » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:29 pm

Strafe (post: 1419222) wrote:-Jonathan-

Jonathan turned back to the girl. "Oh dear me. I apologize if you did not have the same sentiments as I. But still, these men saved us a good deal of trouble just now. At least a small piece of gratitude is in order, no?" He watched the girl saunter off and get back to her food. He smiled, trying to cover up his embarrassment.

"I won't be so pretentious as to apologize for her, but please be understanding. Some people have a bit of... well, hatred for the navy. Don't take it personally." He looked back at the girl, who was still hungrily scarfing down her food. "But my question still stands. What brings a pair of decorated Navy Officers back to London? Is there a need for a large restock of supplies or some important business in the capital?"

OOC: Hint. Tell him about Juan Salvatore's treasure. It's not confidential information, and the public knows about it anyways. But Jonathan hasn't been around and doesn't know about it. It's really important to his character that he knows though.

-Claira-

Claira glanced back at him. She had a feeling she had embarrassed him with her outburst. She felt a bit guilty really. Claira swallowed hard and stared down at her food. She was being horrible, while this man was going out of his way and being so nice to her. Really she felt very little self worth. She wasnt taught how to be a lady and didnt go to school. What did she have really? She wasnt even a descent pirate.

As these thoughts rolled through her mind she realized really how worthless and lonely her life was. She bit her lip.Not now. she thought. I can control this. Se closed her eyes and calmed herself. When she opened them she took notice of what Jonathan was saying to the navy men. This would distract her from her dark thoughts.
acgifford

Postby Nami » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:31 am

OOC:
He ordered them two cups of coffee, and about 15 crumpets,
I LOVE JOHN!! He is so awesome! It's all I can do to keep from cracking up at him!

IC:

~Shade McKellen~

The stink of London rolled over the Clearcut as it docked, one of his crewmen threw up over the side of the ship and Shade made a disgusted face.

"Perhaps, you could take Thomas to a tavern or a coffeeshop and get him cleaned up?" he asked one of the other men, Shade didn't have first-mate's or second-mate's. Shade walked down the plank and onto the cobblestones of London, he wrinkled his nose and began his treck to the closets coffee-shop. This place was no finer than any other part of London, the only thing that made it finer was the way people dressed. Shade stood out amongst the glitter and glam of the bright clothes that were flashed as he walked. He didn't care a single penny for any of that wealth and glamour, it was all just a facade to hide the way they really were.

Shade glanced and saw the coffee-shop he liked, the coffee was good there and their food wasn't bad. Right now though, a girl stood outside of it, she looked like she was spying on some men inside, he walked up behind her silently and looked in the window, scanning the situation.

"Women aren't allowed inside, supposedly." he said, quirking a brow at the girl inside with a very odd looking man. Shade looked down at Triss. Then he moved indoors, he noted the smell and drank it in for a moment, his sharp black outfit didn't prove anything to anyone. He was not dressed like a Captain, he was dressed like a very grim reaper in fashionable clothes. His blonde locks here pulled back into a black ribbon and his bangs grew in an very unfashionable manner, though he didn't care.

He stepped up to the bar and ordered coffee. Pretending not to listen to the talk. "Perhaps two cups please." he said. the man behind the counter grunted and put another cup up. Soon he would find who he was looking for, that man always hung around the high-up places in London.

"Somebody tell that little urchin to stop hanging around my window!" The bartender snarled. Shade glanced at Triss and felt annoyed, but he smiled calmly at the bartender. "Certainly." he strode from the Cafe with his mugs and held one out to Triss, "here..." he said, his eyes flat, his perfect mouth a line on his face. He felt no emotion, he just didn't like seeing people put into those kinds of situations.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying