Humanity's Edge

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Humanity's Edge

Postby Ella Edric » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:56 pm

Ok, so first of all, this is my first RPG. So if I am not clear on things, I'm sorry and please ask any questions you have. ^^ Luckily, I have had help from the ever so kind Rocklobster. Thanks dude! ^__^b

GM is me, and co-GM is Rocklobster.

Humanity's Edge

Earth, the year 3130. A horrible didsease has broken out. In the first 6 months of this disease, it has spread very rapidly and killed 10% of the world's population. The doctors and scientists are working fast and hard on finding a cure. It seems there is no hope. Until finally, they come up with something: The nanobot. In a hurry to create them, they look past certain details and inject the nanobots into the diseased, and many of those who are not diseased. The nanobots heal the sick, and much, much more. They begin taking over the bodies of the humans they were injected into. They begin to develop a collective mind, and attacking the humans. The humans try to fight back, but are over powered by the nanobots. Eventually the humans go into hiding.

Okey, so here is the character format:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:
Skills/weapons:

My charactor
Name: Lauren Getch
Appearance: Long dark brown hair and blue eyes.
Personality: Serious and strong. Lauren is a born leader. She hides her emotions.
Bio: She is the general at a military outpost. All her family is dead besides her father who is her superior. They dont talk very often.
Skills/weapon: Knows hand-to-hand combat. Has a very good shot with a gun.

Again, if I have left anything unclear, I am sorry and go ahead and ask me anything.^^;;
Ella Edric

Postby Vega » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:55 am

Ok, Heres my character.
Name:Victoria Junna
Appearance:Long black hair,Uses Red contacts.
Personality:She has a temper,also shes very outspoken.She always stands up for the weak.
Bio:She ran away from home after her parents tried to send her to a Troubled-Teens school.Shortly after she joined the military where her hot-headedness comes in handy.
Skills/weapons:She only uses her hunting knife.With it shes extreamly dangerous.

Hows is she?
The mind is so complex when your based. 32 levels. Welcome to my world. --Lil B
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Swag like I'm marrow, in my bones. Swag in my bones. Bone Marrow Swag. -- Lil B
Shouts out to Lil B "The Based God".
Vega

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:26 pm

Alias: Johnny Walker
Appearance: 6'2" lean build. Brown eyes. Dirty blond hair. Scruffy beard.
Personality: Fiercely independent, abrasive, talkative, vengeful, distrustful at first, more depth below this exterior.
Bio: Ambrose Percy IV was a privileged child. He was born into a life of wealth and luxury. Since he could have whatever his young heart desired, most things lost their enjoyment/meaning very quickly for him. By age 11 he was quite an indifferent child; however, then his father took him on his first hunt. The excitement of the hunt and the exhilaration of the kill fascinate him. They do not grow old. Ambrose become such an adept user of firearms that when his father pressures him to enter the military. After all, all the Percy men have been served the country. Ambrose, being a spoiled rich kid, does not take well to the authoritarian military. They let him get away with a lot, tho, b/c of who he is and how good he is in combat. He is so good that they put him in a special "non-existent" squad to carry out seedy assassinations that the country does not want to be tied to. After many successful ops, Ambrose's team screws up. Upon failure, the squad is deemed useless and dangerous (too many secrets), so the military secretly does away with each of them. Ambrose is able to escape, but the military still claims he is dead. He takes on the moniker Johnny Walker and becomes a nomad of sorts, killing his own food and living his own way. The experience of betrayal at the hands of the military extinguished any lingering flame of trust left within him. He was living in an isolated, small commune when the call to go into hiding was issued.
Skills/weapons: Johnny hearts guns. He can also survive in the wilderness on his own.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Ella Edric » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:41 pm

Nice charactors guys! ^^b
Ella Edric

Postby Wind » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:24 pm

Name: Rhona
Nickname:Dragon
Appearance: add picture later
Personality: kinda quirky yet mysterious
Bio: She is an amnesia patient in a hospital and she doesn't remember where she's from

nanobots sound like the borg from star trek
Skills/weapons
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby rocklobster » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:31 pm

Name: Major Katelin Thomas
Appearance: Has black hair and brown eyes. Her complexion is quite pale because she has Asian ancestry
Personality: She seems somewhat robotic. The nanos have pretty much taken over her and there is little she will do without it.
Bio: She got nanos in her because she was paralyzed. She refuses to get rid of them because she doesn't want to go back to being paralyzed.
Skills/weapons: As a policewoman, she is a crackshot with guns.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Twila27 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:43 am

Name: Liam Hawkins
Appearance: He wears spectacles, has a skinny, tall physique with a rigid, hawk-like face. Short brown hair is concealed by a plain black cap, and two steel blue-gray eyes stare out from beneath the brim. A musty brown backpack filled with supplies and kits with surgical knives positioned for an easy defense hangs from his shoulders. A small handgun remains loaded beneath his torn and shabby greyed white doctor's coat from his clinic, which he is sentimentally attached to.
Personality: A serious, grave man, Liam takes orders without complaint, although he has a side of him that absolutely despises fighting. He strives to compensate for the inevitable battles with a gentle, compassionate side that comes out when he treats patients. He vehemently opposes things done by force, and won't treat a patient that refuses him on the grounds of "free will".
Bio: His parents died when he and his brother were 20, and because the disease was the cause of their death Liam went into the medical field to oppose it. Close friends with his twin brother Kiernan, who is the only person outside of his patients that he'll talk normally to--although Liam's beliefs and views oppose his brother's on many subjects. Around a year ago Liam had to flee from his clinic when he realized that the nanobots were attempting to invade it and possess him for his medical talents. While he has a desire to form some sort of cure or try to discover one, he has no actual plans for how to do so. Because the evil nanobots arose from the advance of medical technology, Liam prefers to use older methods that don't involve the use of rare, expensive high-tech equipment.
Skills/weapons: His traditional medical skills, implements, and the small gun.
Seeking to find shelter, fellowship, and healing in the community of those who love Jesus.
Twila27

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:42 pm

Johnny won't get to make an appearance for a while. I'm offline for a week for personal reasons. Hope to be back to normal next week.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Ella Edric » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Great charactors guys!^^
And I'm sorry to hear about that Doc. I'll be praying for you.^^
Ella Edric

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:04 pm

Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby acgifford » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:42 am

Name:Kiernan Hawkins

Appearance: Dirty blond hair. Bright green eyes.
Wears a white dirty tank top.
Wears camo green cargo pants that are tight around the ancles.
Black army boots.
Carries a machine gun at almost al times.
hand gun on his thigh.
knife in his left boot.

Personality:tough,brave, enjoys a good fight, a little hot headed, reckless,

Bio: He is the twin brother of Liam Hawkins. Their parrents died of the plague when the twins where 20. Kiernan joined the cause at the age of 21.

Skills/weapons: guns, hand to hand combat. He is also an artist
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Ella Edric » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:54 am

Another charactor:
Name: Ket Mason
Appearance: Messy dirty blond hair and blue-green eyes. Fit build. He usually wears shirts that show off his toned arms.
Personality: Smart and arrogent. Sometimes quite stubborn.
Bio: He is Lauren's childhood friend. His parents were both kiled by the nanos, but his sister is still alive. He hates the nanos more than most people. He is also a computor genius.
Skills/weapons: Computers, guns and weapons.
Ella Edric

Postby SeraphicCharm » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:19 pm

All right, here we go! (If you don't mind, Ella, my chara is going to be Ket's sis.)

Name: Kora Mason
Appearance: Short, spiky light brown hair and greenish yellow eyes. Rather tall for her age. She wears comfortable blue jeans and black tank top.
Personality: She carries herself with maturity beyond her years. Behind her adult-like facade hides her true self, a frightened child who had to grow up too soon.
Bio: Her parents died from nano possession when she was very young, and she thought of Ket as a replacement parent, since he is nearly ten years older than she. Her ideas of him broke to pieces when their parents' death drove him to join the military to purge the rest of the existing nanos. She hadn't seen much of him since, staying with different families until they could no longer take care of her. Now 16, she lives alone, trying to keep the off the nanos that seem attracted to her for some odd reason. Because of this, she has nightmares about her family almost every night, her unconsious screams leading the nanos ever closer to her location. To evade them, she is forced to move around a lot and have few personal ties to others, lest they become possessed because of her. She does know Lauren through her brother, but they aren't all that close because of their age difference.
Skills/weapons: Her maturity and discretion allow her to be a very influential leader, negotiator, and personal problem-solver. Her only weapon is a small knife that she keeps in her pants pocket.

Hope this is okay, Ella!
SeraphicCharm

Postby Ella Edric » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:44 pm

LOVE IT!!!^^b Go ahead and join anytime! Great idea to be Ket's sister!
Ella Edric

Postby SeraphicCharm » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:19 am

Haha, thanks!
SeraphicCharm

Postby Vega » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:06 pm

Heres a new character!

Name:Marcus Greenwald
Appearance:Tall and skinny.Brown hair and brown eyes.Hes very unkempt and messy looking.
Personality:Very smart and he knows it.He focuses only on reality and thus has little hope for humanity.
Bio:He met Victoria years ago when they both ran away from their homes.Since then he became a mercenary and was captured on a recon mission.He remains in captivity.
Skills/weapons:He is very good at escaping from traps.He can make a weapon or invention from almost anything.
The mind is so complex when your based. 32 levels. Welcome to my world. --Lil B
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Swag like I'm marrow, in my bones. Swag in my bones. Bone Marrow Swag. -- Lil B
Shouts out to Lil B "The Based God".
Vega

Postby Ella Edric » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:31 pm

As you already know Vega, yours is approved.^^b
Ella Edric

Postby Ella Edric » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:06 am

Ok guys, if anyone wants to be a prisoner(like Lauren, Marcus and Victoria) go ahead and make your charactors. It's a free part.^^b
Ella Edric

Postby Lynna » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:39 pm

Name:Azalea Hope Ashenbridge
Appearance: Long, bright red hair (really, really red) pale skin, hazel eyes
Personality:Despite her elegant and refined appearance, she can be very loud and mischivious. Even through all the horrors of the nanos, she still believes that there is hope in the world. She loves to dance and write, and is constantly keeping a journal. Percevierance and cheerfullness are her good points, and uncaution and stubborness are her weaknesses. Koji (TG's character) is her older brother and she has quite the sister complex
Bio: I'm uncertain of her history. I think it should be that her father caught the nano's and so was killed and her mother is out there somewhere. She is the only known human who is immune to the nano's, and it is believed she can cure people of them ( this is only a thought. You can tell me what you want done, Ella)
Skills/weapons: She is extreamly skilled in martial arts and in knife-throwing. She also is a pretty good archer. She's tottally hopeless with guns though
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby TGJesusfreak » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:12 pm

Name: Koji Jameson Ashenbridge

Appearance: Medium length messy brown hair, built strong, 5 ft 10 in high, light skin color (but not white).

Personality: He can sometimes be quite abrasive, but he means well. He can be quick to take offence and quick to apologize. He is worried for his sister at all times. Hopeing she has a future to live for. She's the reason that he keeps fighting onward. Without her hopeful attitude, he'd have have given up hope long ago.

Bio: When they were kids they lived in a house in the woods. They played a lot outside climbing trees and the like. So avoiding the nanos by hiding in trees is used frequently. When he was 12 he became fascinated by electronics, learning all he could about them and then making inventions. Azalea and Koji's father was taken over by the nanos 5 months ago, shortly after the injections started, the shock of the nanos taking over him killed him. The nanos now control the empty husk of his body. Their mother is out there somewhere whether she has nanos or not is unknown...

Skills/weapons: Koji is an electronics engineer. He's got a pretty good shot with a handgun, and has learned a bit of martial arts from his sister but is not near as good as her.
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby Ella Edric » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Hey guys! Your both approved! (as you know :P) Oh, and I am gonna make TGJesusfreak(my bro) an honorary co-GM. He and I have been talking alot and he is helping me very much with the plot.^^ I especially need another one because of all the new chara's joining.
Ella Edric

Postby Ella Edric » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:27 pm

Ok, guys, I need to know who is still in this RPG and who has quit. Please let me know through PM or in this thread.
Ella Edric

Postby anouk8 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:28 pm

Name:Cameron Tucker
Appearance: messy, dirty blond hair. blue, cat shaped eyes, slightly tanned skin, hight 5ft 11
Personality:likes to keep to him self, does not like to to befriend people because they all have died so far or so he thinks
Bio: he had amnesia a short time after th nano's started infecting people and only just got away, which makes him think his family and friends are dead
Skills/weapons:good with bow, knife and very stealthy
anouk8

Postby Ella Edric » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:10 pm

Cool chara! Go ahead and join any time you like! I suggest you have him on the rescue mission with Ket and everyone. :) If you need a PM telling you whats going on, just ask ;)
[color="LightBlue"]"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." --Thomas Jefferson [/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Pink"]~Proud member(and starter), of the sisterhood of CAA.~ [/color][/font]
[color="YellowGreen"]Furen: Without you Canada would be feeling bad. we'd all be depressed [/color]
CognitiveGear 07:08 - I hear that Jesus is a pretty rad dude who teaches us to love everyone.
[color="Silver"]Midknight74012 09:04 - Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours, doesn't mean you can borrow mine[/color]
[color="Red"]@)}~`,~[/color] [color="SeaGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="RoyalBlue"]This is MOES[/color]:dance:
Ella Edric

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying