Gifted*

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Gifted*

Postby Silent Seraph » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:19 pm

After the explosion in the middle of Moralis, an area roughly 6 city blocks was decimated. No one has yet come forward with the truth about what caused the destruction. Some say it was a bomb set off by the rival gangs, others speculate the New Government was testing a new weapon. Although no one knows what caused it everyone knows its effects. While the explosion had dire consequences for some that were killed in the blast and others that would die later from the Overflow, a mysterious sickness apparently caused by this event, but to some the explosion gave powers beyond imagination these are the people we call the Siphons.
Life verse. Corinthians 9:27 [color="Cyan"]No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.[/color]

[color="Cyan"]If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.
Hei (Darker Than Black)[/color]

God. Family. Athletics.

[color="Cyan"][font="Arial Black"]M.O.E.S.-[/font][/color]Safe from the Scroll

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Lime"]}~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators and Administrators.
Silent Seraph

Postby AnimeFoxGirl » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:35 pm

What kind of powers do the 'Siphons' have?
[color="Blue"]Now, O Israel, the Lord who created you says: "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine." (Isaiah 43:1)[/color]
Come join Wizard 101 and save Wizard City! https://www.wizard101.com/game
(use this code 22663-12124-64782-43581 to unlock True Friend Chat and get free Crowns!)
AnimeFoxGirl

Postby SeraphicCharm » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:47 am

awesome!!! i love the story plot! it leaves everything so open and mysterious. do we get to make characters for it now? *pretty please?*
SeraphicCharm

Postby Silent Seraph » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:49 pm

I have to admit I based most of the storyline on the PS3 game inFAMOUS but i adapted it to make it more easily accessible.

For Fox- telekinesis, telepathy, electrical based powers (but I'm considering let every element be included), pretty much anything as long as its not a mainstream power like superstrength (also no invulnerability)

For Charm- I'll post character template soon and if we have enough people there will soon be a new RPG
Life verse. Corinthians 9:27 [color="Cyan"]No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.[/color]

[color="Cyan"]If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.

God. Family. Athletics.

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Lime"]}~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators and Administrators.
Silent Seraph

Postby SeraphicCharm » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:27 pm

^_^ yippee!!!
SeraphicCharm

Postby AnimeFoxGirl » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:57 am

Oh, okay thanks. I might join. ^_^
[color="Blue"]Now, O Israel, the Lord who created you says: "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine." (Isaiah 43:1)[/color]
(use this code 22663-12124-64782-43581 to unlock True Friend Chat and get free Crowns!)
AnimeFoxGirl

Postby rocklobster » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:27 pm

You can consider me interested!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Shilohan ninja » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:01 am

A spin-off of inFamous? Bring it on! Count me in.
Finish Strong - 2Tim. 4:7,8
"[color="SeaGreen"]Speak up for those who never get a chance to choose life rather than those who have rights and use them improperly."[/color] - A good friend of mine
[color="Purple"]Normal is a setting on a washing machine[/color]. -A youth pastor of mine
[SIZE="5"]JESUS IS LORD![/SIZE] End of descussion.
[color="Red"]Farewell to false pretention
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell tomorrow burns[/color] - Demon HunterMy Blog
Shilohan ninja

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:54 am

I can help with a character template if you like.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Silent Seraph » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:51 pm

Here's the character template...

Name:
Physical descrip.
(i.e. hair color, eye color, height, approx. weight, etc.) :
Element: (fire water, etc.)
Powers:
Other skills
(swordsmanship, marksmanship, mechanical prowess)

Sanely sized bio:

other than that rocklobster any other suggestions?

God. Family. Athletics.

Silent Seraph

Postby AnimeFoxGirl » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:48 pm

Name: Sasaria Baker

Clothing/Armor: A black strapless shirt, dark blue denim jeans, long black motorcycle boots, long black fingerless gloves and wears a black choker necklace around her neck

Physical descrip.: shoulder length light blond hair pulled back in a spiky ponytail, ice blue eyes and a fair complection

Element: wind

Powers: can fly and can make very powerful tornados

Other skills: she can skillfully wield two longswords at once.

Bio: will reveal during RP
AnimeFoxGirl

Postby SeraphicCharm » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:35 pm

Name: Sterling Fuoco
Clothing/Armor: white tank top with long black cargo pants. a small metal chain necklace and silver ring on her right index finger
Physical descrip.: medium-length white hair, metallic aqua-green eyes, and pale skin tone; 18 years old, approx. 130 lbs., 5'8" for height
Element: Metal
Powers: Electromagnetic Force, some forms of healing as a result of this
Other skills: great at hand-to-hand combat; has a killer punch (literally) due to titanium skeleton
Bio: Sterling was in the explosion when it occurred. At first she came down with the Overflow, but somehow she miraculously recovered. From then, she began discovering her modified physical make-up and special abilities. She never had any family that she knew of; she always just lived on the streets alone.
SeraphicCharm

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:57 pm

Name: Patrick Reggie
Clothing: Paramedics uniform
Physical descrip: shoulder-length black hair, gray eyes, and caucasian. He has some stubble
Element: none
Powers: flight
Other skills: because he's a paramedic, he has great knowledge of medicine. He knows CPR and other stuff paramedics are supposed to know.
Bio: Patrick was involved in the explosion tending to the injured. As a result, he gained flight as a super-power.
Personality: Unusually calm, even in the most chaotic of situations. He may seem numbed to seeing people injured, but he's actually very compassionate and keeps his feelings well-hidden...most of the time.
And here's a villain
Name: Richard Quincy
Physical Description: has black hair, dark skin, and green eyes
Powers: telekinesis. he can also steal abilities of those he kills
Bio: Richard was a petty thief. However, the explosion changed him mentally and physically. He now has an insatiable urge to kill others, especially those with super powers.
Note: This is actually Sylar from Heroes. I thought he'd be a great villain for this story.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Wind » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:38 pm

I would like to join to please

Name:Imiryne ShadowFox
Clothing/Armor: the pic below
Physical description: the pic below
Element:fire
Powers: She can shapeshift and control fire and plants
Other skills: She is good with all sorts of weapons, but mainly carries a 35' bladed katana at her side
Bio: She was trained in the martial arts in japan from the time se was 4 until she was 20 and then in the explosion she gained the power of fire and plants when she touched a plant and falling in fire when she came in contact with the sickness. She started shapeshifting about a day after that
(hope thats ok)

F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Silent Seraph » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:11 pm

Great guys! .....
one question for Wind though ..... Do you really need 3 Powers? I mean its fine if your not insanely powerful at all three, most people can make due without powers at all we're just the lucky ones. :)

O and lobster, nice idea about Skylar

God. Family. Athletics.

Silent Seraph

Postby Silent Seraph » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:12 pm

i'll post my character soon enough still making minute changes

God. Family. Athletics.

Silent Seraph

Postby Shilohan ninja » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Name: Lazarus Akira
Clothing/Armor: long black frayed denim trench coat reenforced inside with leather, black baggy floor-length gothic-style cargo pants with bright turquoise linings on the pockets, a black studded belt, a long thigh-length black Demon Hunter shirt and a pair of steele-toed gothic-ized biker boots
Physical description: 7'4" tall, 293 lbs, thickly muscled and well tanned, shoulder-length blue hair left long in the front and short and spikey in the back, piercing blue eyes
Element: water
Powers: his main power is control over water and the ability to cause moderate water-based disasters
Other skills: very proficient in the use of multiple weapons martial arts of various origins (though, he prefers metal claws and a bow-staff) as well as a skilled mechanic, good with predatory animals (bears, tigers, gators, etc.), excellent swimmer
Bio: while working with a pair of grizzly bears at a local zoo (conveniently located near the center ground zero), he was caught with his furry friends in the blast and nearly drowned in the pool located in their cage. As a result, when the sickness hit he gained very powerful control over water, able to cause it to flood over large areas and even mold it into protective walls. Also, he, like is large furry companions, now can move through the water with super speed and ease. The bears are Kuma and Gwar.
Shilohan ninja

Postby Wind » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:04 pm

Silent Seraph (post: 1364543) wrote:Great guys! .....
one question for Wind though ..... Do you really need 3 Powers? I mean its fine if your not insanely powerful at all three, most people can make due without powers at all we're just the lucky ones. :)

O and lobster, nice idea about Skylar

oh well she only has a tiny bit of control at the last( plants and Firs) her main power is the shapeshifting the others are just like supportive of her main power is that ok I can change it just let me know I am flexible I just usually include that with my characters if the RP fits for it.
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:17 pm

Right, so here's my characters:

Name: Julia Riley

Clothing: Blue hoodie with the logo of a local college on it, long-sleeved dark-red shirt beneath that, blue jeans, and black gloves. It's comfortable more than stylish. She also wears a pair of rectangular glasses and a digital/analog combination watch.

Physical description: In her early 20s, slightly shorter than the average person; can be described as petite. Wears her orange-brown hair in a ponytail; has green eyes.
Element: Light.

Powers: A gentle light glows from her at almost all times. This can be used to light up the dark, or with a bit of concentration, the light can be concentrated into a single wavelength and released in a pulse of laser light. Alternatively, she can release it in a blinding flash to help her make a quick getaway.

Other skills: Very little fighting skill. She can run fast, however, and this is what gets her out of trouble.

Bio: She was walking home with her boyfriend (see below) from the subway when the explosion hit. Five minutes and one breeze later, she had unwittingly breathed in the Siphon gas. Its effects took effect the next afternoon, in Finance 330. She didn't notice until that evening, when she got back to the apartment and realized that she didn't need to turn on the light.

---

Name: Andrew Kramer

Clothing/Armor: Wears a brown coat, eclectic/artsy T-shirts, and jeans.
Physical description: About 5'8", 170 lbs, in his mid 20s, with blonde hair and brown eyes.

Element: Ice.
Powers: He can build objects out of ice he forms from the moisture in the air, usually in the form of weapons or walls. By building ice crystals, he can refract light from Julia, changing its focus or direction.

Other skills: He's very good with computers, but that's about it.

Bio: He was exposed to the aftermath of the explosion at the same time Julia was, though it hit him harder than it did her. After spending a couple days off, recovering from a mysterious sickness, he received a bizarre and panicked phone call from Julia, and went over to her house to find that she was glowing. After the initial shock, he helped her improve her powers; being a physics major, he came up with the laser idea. He realized that he had his own powers when he went to get a drink of water and found that there was ice already in it.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Silent Seraph » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Wind (post: 1365204) wrote:oh well she only has a tiny bit of control at the last( plants and Firs) her main power is the shapeshifting the others are just like supportive of her main power is that ok I can change it just let me know I am flexible I just usually include that with my characters if the RP fits for it.

alright just fuzzy on details :)

God. Family. Athletics.

Silent Seraph

Postby Shilohan ninja » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:21 pm

I can haz ben accepted nowz, plz?
Shilohan ninja

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:10 am

You are accepted by the co-gm. Silent Seraph just made me co-gm.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Shilohan ninja » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:01 pm

Sweet! Let's get this party started, baby!
Shilohan ninja

Postby Silent Seraph » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:32 pm

I do apologize for my lateness but between b-ball, youth group, history fair, algebra, etc. been kind of hard to get on recently.

please forgive me :)

Well here's my character

Name: Daike Blintz

Clothing/Armor: long desert camo khaki shorts, white t-shirt with black fire designs, dark maroon hoodie.

Physical description: A tall, thin man Daike was sometimes called "Skeleton" or "Tree" by his close friends. He had blue/grey eyes before the explosion and seemingly nothing has changed except that when he uses his Siphon Powers his eyes glow violet, seemingly smoldering in their sockets. He has a hawklike face with a large nose and expressive eyebrows. His hair is dirty blond, spiky and has black edging and highlights.

Element: Electrictiy/Fire

Powers: Daike can manipulate the electrical current that seemingly comes from his heart which after the explosion now gives off a constant electrical pulse. He can use this current to form weapons, shields, whips, and his "signature move" the "current" which makes use of his hands like a defrilibrator (machine used to shock ppl back from cardiac arrest, "CLEAR!"). One more thing hes capable of his turning himself into pure electricity and using phone lines,etc. as transportation.

Other skills:His parents owned a small pharmacy/herbiary so he has quite a bit of background knowledge on poisons/medicines, he is semi-athletic participating in soccer as a pastime, and was going to college for computer maintence, programming, and networking. Also his grandfather was an electrician.

Bio:Before the explosion the 19 yr old Daike Blintz was just another lazy college freshman eating ramen noodles in his dorm and going to class. But one night he decided to stay out and play some soccer on the lighted field on the college grounds with some friends. After everyone had left he began walking home in the dark. When he passed beneath a streetlamp it exploded into flames showering him with sparks within which he was reborn.

God. Family. Athletics.

Silent Seraph

Postby Arya Raiin » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:12 pm

Name: Raven (age: 20)

Clothing/Armor: Normally wears dark colored, slightly goth clothes. Her shoes are a worn-out pair of Converse shoes.

Physical descrip: A tall, lean, unusually white Caucasian. She has dark purpleish/grey eyes with mid-back length naturally black hair.

Element: *Mystery

*I hope this is okay! ^_^

Powers: Take shadows and manipulate them to be a clone of herself to fight and spy with is her signature move. Also thought, she has the ability to sometimes read minds (she can't control this power).

Other skills: When it comes to guns, you name it and she can fire it expertly. She knows somewhat how to use a sword

Sanely sized bio:

When she was a teen, she was involved with a gang. All she can remember is that she was walking down the street to meet the gang and heard an explosion. The next moment she felt something slam into her and passed out, being reborn. She can't remember her memories before that point very well anymore (she can't remember her old name). She now seeks an answer to what happened.
Arya Raiin

Postby Silent Seraph » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:27 pm

Good character!

Power like a puppet move?

God. Family. Athletics.

Silent Seraph

Postby Shilohan ninja » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Quicklist of characters so far:

AnimeFoxGirl - Sasaria Baker

SeraphicCharm - Sterling Fuoco

rocklobster - Patrick Reggie
Richard Quincy *evil*

Wind - Imiryne ShadowFox

Shilohan ninja - Lazarus Akira

Davidizer13 - Julia Riley
Andrew Krammer

Silent Seraph - Daike Blintz

Arya Raiin - Raven

Strafe - Old Joey

That's everyone, so far.
Shilohan ninja

Postby Silent Seraph » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:24 am

Thanks Shilo i appreciate it

God. Family. Athletics.

Silent Seraph

Postby Strafe » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:19 am

My other "power" characters don't fit in too well in this setting so I'll make a new one. I hate making normal characters anyways.

Name: Old Joey.

Clothing/Armor: hobo clothes. A sort of mess of layers of thrift store clothing

Physical descrip. Raggedy brown hair that might have been blonde at one point in time. A beard, few teeth. Dirty face, and a baseball hat.

Powers: instantaneous regeneration

Other skills: starting chaos.

Sanely sized bio: You've seen them in the cities, on the streets, holding signs saying the "end is near". But ever since the explosion, Old Joey's been saying the end is here, with the siphons. Nevermind the fact that he is one himself. It doesn't matter because the end is here. Or does it? Old Joey has never been a happy man. Nor has he been sad. Has he been a man at all? It seems like Joey's been going on about the end ever since he was a boy. From bees, to the principal at school, everything has been the end. So he has dutifully taken it upon himself to tell everyone that it's the end. Everyone says he's crazy, but maybe he knows something we don't? What does the end mean anyway?

In short, he's a crazy unstable man that probably isn't even self aware. But you can't get rid of him. So now what? It'll be interesting to see how this works out.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:40 pm

Hey Strafe, maybe you should make him like Rorscach in the Watchmen. Your description kinda reminds me of him.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying