Camp Half-Blood

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Camp Half-Blood

Postby rocklobster » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:57 pm

This is an RPG based on the Percy Jackson books. However, you don't have to have read them in order to join. I'll be happy to accommodate.
In this story, you are a member of Camp Half-Blood, a camp where the Greek Gods train their children to protect themselves against monsters. You can be a god,(only Greek ones accepted. You can use the Latin names instead if you like) demi-god (half-human, half god), human, or nymph.
Anyway, here are the rules:
1. You can be any character from the books or make up your own.
2. Abide by the normal rules
Use this for applying:
Name:
Race:
Parents: (use only if you are a demi-god. If you aren't then, you don't have to list parents. Only gods, Demi-gods and nymphs can go to camp. Also, you cannot have the following gods as your parents: Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Hades, or Artemis. If you've read the books you know why. This is not the case if you are playing Percy, Thalia, or Nico)
Gender: (if you are female, you can be one of Artemis' Hunters. You don't even have to be a demi-god to join! YOu get to be immortal, but you can't have anything to do with boys and you won't age)
Personality:
Background:
Physical Description:
Here are my characters to get you started. I'm posting a book character, an original character, and a Greek God.
1.Name: Percy Jackson
Race: Demi-god
Parents: Poseidon (father) Sally Jackson (mother)
God powers: Can breathe underwater, communicate with aquatic life and horses.
Personality: Percy is impulsive and is quite loyal to his friends. He is very pessimistic.
Background: Percy thought he was a normal kid with dyslexia and ADHD (all half-bloods have dyslexia and ADHD, btw) until he learned of his origin. He was taken to Camp Half-Blood and eventually learned to like it. He has two good friends: Annabeth Chase (a daughter of Athena) and Thalia (a daughter of Zeus)
Physical Description: Percy has brown hair and brown eyes.
2.Name: Apollo
Race: God
Parents: According to mythology, his father is Zeus and his mother was a human named Leto.
God powers: drives the chariot of the sun. Can control heat and predict the future.
Personality: Apollo is quite arrogant but soft-hearted. He loves to annoy his sister, Artemis.
Background: He's the sun god in Greek mythology. When his father overthrew Kronos, Apollo eventually became the sun god.
3.Name: Phaeton Solson
Race: demi-god
Parents: Therese Solson (mother) and Apollo (father)
God powers: 12
Personality: Phaeton is quite arrogant and believes he's hot stuff because he's the son of Apollo. (no pun intended.)
Background: Phil led a pretty normal life until he turned 11. On the day of his eleventh birthday, he went to a local carnival. When he entered the funhouse, he and several other patrons were attacked by monsters. Not only was he the only survivor, he was surprised to learn he could control fire. He had a dream that night and learned of his divine origin.
Physical Description: He has spiky red hair and blue eyes.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:28 pm

Is it okay if I play three different gods? If not...here's my pick:

1.Name: Poseidon
Race: God
Parents: Titans
God powers: controls the seas and all the is associated with it
Personality: Is very protective of his loved ones, vengeful, and very strong-willed. He is, at best, a take-charge person.
Background: Poseidon has an extensive history that ranges from overthrowing the Titans, fighting with his brothers Zues and Hades, having a child with a cyclops, getting into it with Odysseus (which he will bring up a bit), and finally his relationship with Sally that resulted in Percy.
Physical Description: In his godly form, he appears to be half-god, half sea creature. His hair is a green seaweed color and his eyes a burning coral. He rarely visits the land....because he is not allowed on it but only during certain tides. He then takes a human form, which is tall, muscular, and daunting.

2.Name: Artemis
Race: Goddess
Parents: Zeus (father) Leto (mother)
God powers: Master of the hunt and physicality; the Archer
Personality: Artemis is bold, harsh with her words, strong-willed, and highly independent. Her brother is more devious at times, with fuels their constant playful fighting.
Background: (although Artemis is a virgin goddess in Greek mythology) Artemis grew in the woods as a hunter, bringing a good hunt to warriors and strength to both men and women. Overtime, she began to train female warriors, and does so now. Her past is as elusive as the prey she hunts.
Physical Description: Tall, slender and well-built with flaming amber eyes and long, curling jet black hair.

My third....I must decide between.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:51 am

Actually, Soran, in the books, Artemis appears as a teenager with auburn hair. However, she tells Percy that she can appear as any form she wishes. I'll leave it up to you whether to edit that or not. Oh, and Percy is the only boy she actually likes, but he had to earn her respect. And yes, you are correct in assuming that Apollo and Artemis have a feisty relationship. She detests his feeble attempts at haikus in the books. (You'd think someone like Apollo would be better at haikus). In fact, Apollo often calls her his "little sister", despite the fact that they are twins.
Other than that, you're accepted.
Guess I'd better start calling you daddy :P
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:16 pm

Artemis is....a teenager? Ewww.......my teens were bad enough...I would rather not think about reliving those. Hahaha! But I honestly thought she would be older since you mentioned she had a child. o_O I'll think on it......
And yeah...I'm your daddy! Poseidon is such a cool, and actually evil god. Hades isn't even a villain in Greek mythology. He would be a fun character to play just because he is the "I hate my job..." type.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Taran » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:06 pm

Name:Taran
Race:Demi-God
Parents: Hephaestus and Dead mother
God powers:Can control fire to some extent
Personality:Quiet and logical doesen't make alot of friends but would die for any friends he has.
Background:When he was 14 he lit his house on fire killing his mother and bringing him to the attention of the seekers
Physical Description:5'10'' dark brown hair, military hair cut, He's of german descent
Build:stocky
Eyes: Blue
Taran

Postby rocklobster » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:52 am

you're in!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:05 pm

Hephaestus? How interesting....not a usually chosen god. I think I'll post some more characters later...including a villain.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:58 pm

Evil character.....

2.Name: Achlya
Race: Goddess
Parents: Kronos(father) Morpheus(mother)
God powers: ability to warp time, create alternate realities, and master of nightmares
Personality: Achlya is cold, determined, and very vindictive. Her behavior is cunning and ruthless....having no remorse for harming the lives of mortals or demigods.
Background: Achlya is not a well-known goddess. She is the last product of her father Kronos, before he was defeated by Zues and his brothers and cast into the sea. Her mother, goddess of dreams, conceived Achlya only for the hope that she would resurrect Kronos and bring the Titans back into power. This downcast goddess is abandoned and only dreams of resurrecting her father to put her brothers and sisters and all of their offspring in their rightful place.
Physical Description: Petite in build; fair skin; elaborately dressed in dark garments; long, wavy dark hair; eyes that change hue based on mood.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:32 am

I am eagerly awaiting Makachop, but I will submit this tomorrow. She told me she's reading the books and I know a book character that would be ideal for her.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Makachop^^128 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:11 pm

Ok, well I tried getting the book today but they didn't have it, so I'm going to another Library. So I'll be ready in like a week or two. you guys go on ^^.
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby rocklobster » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:46 am

All right, I'll take Annabeth temporarily.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby goldenspines » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:25 pm

goldenspines

Postby Arya Raiin » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:29 pm

AAAAAAWWW MAN!!! You beat me Mr.Rock! I was seriously, SERIOUSLY about to post a RPG thread on this!! XD

I've got to join this!

Name: Nico

Race: Half-blood

Parents:Hades (I can't remember his mom's name right now!)

God powers: Can command the dead (with an offering of McDonalds of course!) and shadow teleport.

Personality: Dark, gloomy, and tends to act some what depressed... yet has a soft, warm streak to him which is rarely seen. He strives to please his father, Hades.

Background: Not telling yet.

Physical Description: Gothic, tall, dark haired, Caucasian, gothic, handsome, and did I say gothic? (XD)

That's all my characters for now, I'm kind of busy, other wise I'd make another.

Oh, and PM me about what time in the book series this is taking place, or if you have another plot! ^_^
Arya Raiin

Postby rocklobster » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:55 am

YOu can play him. In fact, I have a great idea I'll pm you about. (I kinda liked Nico too. I was so glad he didn't turn out like Luke.)

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Wind » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:52 pm

Name:Synthya
Race: demi God
Parents: demeter greek goddess of Fertiliity and grain and Herphaestus God of the Forge
God powers: can control the element of fire and plants
Personality: shy yet protective of her friends
Background: She likes to keep her background to herself
Physical Description:Image
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:17 pm

Sidenote: MISS NAOMI!!!!!!!! It's soooooo great to see you again!
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:48 am

Uh, one problem, Naomi. Please limit yourself to Greek gods only. So, change it to Demeter, and you're in.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying