Memento Mori- Countdown to Zero Hour Discussion Thread

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Memento Mori- Countdown to Zero Hour Discussion Thread

Postby Strafe » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:03 pm

So I had an Idea, and that was to start up a discussion thread where you can talk about the stuff that happened in the RP, and whatever else is related to it. I'm not sure if the RPG will be successful, let alone this thread, but if you really want to talk about it, talk about it here.

-Strafe
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby Strafe » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:05 pm

Alright... so first topic, What are your opinions on the villains Nemo and Nicholas?
Strafe

Postby Lady Kenshin » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:22 am

I can't give an opinion on Nemo really... since I made him... except that I think he falls somewhere in between hero and villain.

Nicholas is demented. It is amazing. Period.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby Strafe » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Right. I can't say anything about Nicholas either, but Nemo is pretty tricky. He's kind of gray, since he's not a villain per se, and he doesn't go around doing "Villainous" things, but his thought process is antagonistic to society, so he's a "villain". Funny thing is, because society has just collapsed, he can't really be called a villain. Neither can Nicholas, truthfully. I kind of think that in this RP, everyone is in the gray, since there is no society to dictate right or wrong.

I mean, from an outside perspective, obviously, or from where we are, Nemo and Nicholas are "Villains", and to a few of the "good" characters in the RP, they are "evil". but really, good and evil come from society, and there isn't really any society to decide that. And that is why they go unpunished. Of course, that is good and evil to mankind, leaving the judgment to higher powers.

But the contrast between Nemo and Nicholas in terms of their character is so drastic that I can't wait to see what happens when they meet. It has the makings to be epic, or extremely anti-climactic. Or maybe both at the same time.
Strafe

Postby BubblegumNinja » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:32 am

I'm really intrigued by both right now.

I wasn't sure what to think of Nemo when he was first introduced, but I'm becoming more and more interested by his way of thinking. He's such a fascinating character. And I'm really surprised he didn't turn out to be more devious or brutal.

Nicholas on the other is just plain scary. Seriously, he's one of the creepiest RP characters I've ever encountered.
BubblegumNinja

Postby Arya Raiin » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:07 pm

Nemo is very interesting... he isn't evil but not good either. I can't wait to see that part he plays in the end! However though, so far I haven't been dealing with his character much, but I have the feeling Arya is going to be seeing Nemo soon.

Nicholas... he's rivaling some of my best evil RPG characters! He is a... cold, harsh, ominous, dark, calm character. It's going to be interesting to see him develop.

What do you people think about Arya by the way? (She isn't by best character and the name "Arya" Is a little strange but I've always like that name. O_O.)
Arya Raiin

Postby Dante » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:06 am

I was looking at the game info and was actually interested in figuring out how this would actually end IRL. Supposing this to be a huge nuclear reactor gone critical, it wouldn't look like a giant H-Bomb going off vaporizing everyone in an instant. Instead, the explosion would likely occur when the core fell through the cracked exterior and hit the underground water supply, irradiating the local water and making a massive explosion of radioactive water vapor.

Wikipedia is generally a good source for RP style investigations:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_poisoning

That I think would be the most likely cause of death and would most likely kill off about 50% of the people (so a coin would actually do) in severe cases. Sickness would induce 30 minutes after the event occurred (so we'd all think we were free and clear for a short time) and would consist of severe nausea and vomiting, disorientation, dizziness, fatigue, low blood pressure and head-aches.

The effects would severely hit everyone, but some would survive and some would die (perhaps the numbers would be higher in terms of percentage do to a lack of medical staff).

This still doesn't eliminate death by tumors or cancer. So ultimately, I think the reactor might take a while to kill us the thought... of course, that would be IRL.

It is expected though that all players would come down with severe Acute Radiation Exposure, resulting in those symptoms and a nasty ride. Surviving the explosion doesn't begin to put you in the free and clear.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Strafe » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:00 pm

Well I already said, the reactor alone powers the Entire city, so it is HUGE, like 100 miles diameter huge. And the city of Rise is also massive as well, but small enough for everyone to be in the blast radius. So sure, that would be the true cause of the explosion, but it definitely would kill everybody, either by explosion or Radiation Poisoning, and for variety's sake, I would probably have everyone dying a different way. I mean, it's not real life in the first place.

Anyways, I can't RP today since I have to sleep again. I have marching band camp (ew) all this week. -_-; and it's practically all day. I hate it.
Strafe

Postby Strafe » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:06 pm

Alright new topic. What do you think of the Gang Arc? It was rather random, and it may have thrown some of you off a bit. So I don't really know.

And then a big one. What do you think about Nicholas dying all of a sudden?
Strafe

Postby Strafe » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:07 pm

(Triple post... wow.) Oh right, and Arya is cool.
Strafe

Postby Lady Kenshin » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:55 am

The gang thing did throw me off. It was so sudden, and I was thinking, "Where the heck did these people come from? O_o" but it was okay, I guess. I'm just glad it will be over soon, I think...

Oh, and Arya is cool. She and Jane share a directness that makes it cool that they got thrown together.

I have to say I'm glad Nicky-poo is dead. I never liked him. I mean, props for coming up with somebody who is very reckless and totally insane, but he got a little predictable after a while, because he never let anyone go. If he had occasionally, it would have been creepier, I think, because it would have made him difficult to predict. I enjoyed reading his posts, though; some crazy stuff went down.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby Strafe » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:16 am

That's what I thought too. I wanted to make Nicholas not so flat, but it contradicted his character. So now he's dead.

Don't forget. I'll hand off the mic to someone else next to have the next event after the gang thing cools down.
Strafe

Postby Lady Kenshin » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:48 am

Hm... so, how does everyone feel about what's goin' down now?

Oh, and the impermanence of Nicky's death makes me sad... in a good way, I guess.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lady Kenshin

Postby Strafe » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:52 pm

Lol. I had it planned from the start... though it was tough coming up with a reason to have Nicholas "dead" and then "alive" without going supernatural.

But also, what do you think about Shizuka? The fact that she's Nicholas' Daughter? How did that happen exactly?
Strafe

Postby Arya Raiin » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:48 pm

I'm personally kind of freaked out at your decision to bring Nicholas back... that was just, how can I put this... shocking? I wouldn't expect you to do that I must say. However, nice twist in the plot.

I'm planning on Arya and Jason going to the reactor. So, if anyone wants to come along, get ready to go soon.
Arya Raiin

Postby Dante » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:21 pm

You may be able to convince my character to go there :P.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Strafe » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:35 pm

Alright question: What do you think of the RP idea in general? What were your thoughts on the fact that you were doomed from the beginning?
Strafe

Postby Lady Kenshin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:46 pm

I thought one word.

AWESOME.

I mean, it's rare that you see an RP that actually has a brain in terms of philosophy and where a happy ending is fairly impossible.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lady Kenshin

Postby Strafe » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:06 pm

Awesome. But that said, what do you think of the result? It didn't quite turn out as well as I'd hoped, but it is/was moderately successful, and it's beginning to wind down to a close.
Strafe

Postby Lady Kenshin » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:46 am

Hm... I think things aren't necessarily over at all. I mean, the game's still on. And I must say I am enjoying it a lot. As for the winding down bit...

Most of the roleplayers on this site aren't accustomed to the average post length going on in this RP, and at least one of the ones who came in dropped out due to the requirements. Also, a lot of our roleplayers aren't interested in a roleplay this unconventional. I call it brilliant, as I said before.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lady Kenshin

Postby Strafe » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:50 am

right. And then, I'm debating on making a conventional one after this... when I get less busy. Deciding if it's possible to continue with the setting, as it wouldn't be the same universe. Rise, which pretty much is the universe setting, would be wiped off the map, and then there are too many RPs about nuclear fallout, anyways.

I guess stay tuned for my next brainchild after this... lol.
Strafe

Postby Strafe » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:45 am

Well now that it was over, what did you people think about it?
Strafe

Postby Dante » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:14 pm

I think it was pretty good, only that OOC time travelled MUCH faster then RP time. It was one of those situations where people tried to fit more RPing in a day then a week would allow with busy schedules. I could have probobly done better if I'd of interacted off the bat too, so I'll take my end of the blame. The only sad part was that the last days were RP'ed more and the players started working towards a hope of surviving (by going to the reactor) we were hardly forced to consider the nature of death itself and just vanished in a puff of light without anyone realizing their own mortality which would have surely come about as everyone was still so far away and had no chance of survival.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Strafe » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:22 pm

yeah. Rather anti climactic. Sarah died a sinner. Very unsettling. Perhaps, we could revive the thread by recounting their final hours?
Strafe

Postby Strafe » Sat May 01, 2010 9:58 am

hrm... would anybody be interested in a sort of restart in this RP sometime in the summer, with all the characters back again, but a longer time frame, and more people?
Strafe

Postby Dante » Sat May 01, 2010 9:51 pm

I would be, but I think I have a bit too much on my RP plate that I haven't been able to fully take over. Currently active to one degree or another in 3 RPs and I have a Thesis to finish... and life to figure out.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Strafe » Sun May 02, 2010 2:44 pm

I mean like later later on... I'll contact everybody when I have time too.
Strafe

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying