Countdown to Zero Hour

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Countdown to Zero Hour

Postby Strafe » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:42 pm

So for my first RP, I thought I would try something experimental- this RP will end for good. Meaning the RP is made to die. This way, this RP won't be such a long term commitment. I hope that it still is interesting, and perhaps it will gateway into as bigger product, whether it is another RP or an actual storyline for something.

This idea is not complete yet, so feel free to add suggestions. I took half of a cue from RockLobster though. I don't claim this idea to be completely original, just not quite the same.

---

Story- The metropolitan city of Rise (Pronounced like Breeze) is home to a billion people of all races and backgrounds, making it the essential center of the world in every possible respect. The city was formed around a massive nuclear power plant that is located in the center of Rise. If such a power plant were to melt down, the explosion alone would engulf the entire city, and the fallout would turn half of the world into a wasteland.

Well that is the case. The Nuclear Reactor had shown signs of irreparable deterioration recently, but no one knew how soon it would be until it actually broke down. A team of scientists had gone to work to calculate the date of the breakdown... and made it out to be one week.

The massive flood of People trying to evacuate has caused all forms of Public Transportation to break down, making it so that there is no way to escape.

---

Many things can be touched upon in this RP, such as Man's folly, just as the Tower of Babel, maybe Sodom and Gomorrah. Religious aspects can be brought up, The battle between it and science can be portrayed, like saying armageddon was man made and not Divine. Society can collapse, knowing the end is coming, and people show their true selves in the face of fear. Some people may let go and indulge in crime knowing that they only have a week left and they won't have to take responsibility. There can be people trying to stop the explosion, but they fail. There is just so much that can be done with this RP, that I need help to go into further detail.

I may even drop it because it may be too controversial of an RP, or it can't be narrowed down. I would probably narrow it down to a specific group of related people, maybe families, so that it can be developed deeper from there.

Understand that there is no way to stop the explosion. Your Character can try to stop it, but know that the City of Rise will end, whether or not your Character survives, if it becomes possible.

When the RP ends will be decided, but it will be given an exact date.

In the mean time, thoughts, opinions, and suggestions are asked for.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby Lady Kenshin » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:51 pm

I want in this. It sounds like the plot of a movie. Very cool! May I humbly suggest you make a character form?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby Strafe » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:07 pm

Right. But I was hoping that there could be some suggested plot points or something. I guess it'll come along in time.

Character Form:

Name:
Appearance (Encompasses Height, Weight, Hair, Eyes, Clothing style, Piercings, etc.):
Personality:
Background:

The point is to have an epic feel to it, while building on the artistry of futility, since nothing anyone does really matters anymore. Or does it? There are still holes, so feel free to suggest.
Strafe

Postby Strafe » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:38 pm

Double Post, but my Character is born. :P

Name: Sarah Johanson
Appearance: Sarah is a 5' 7" Slender Caucasian, who dresses rather un-modestly. She has Several Tattoos and piercings. Her hair is short and dyed black, which sharply contrasts with her Blue eyes. She has a very light russian accent
Personality: A rebel with truly no cause. She is a "bad" girl, with no self control, no morals, and especially no salvation. Perhaps, though, beneath that, she is hungry for something more.
Background: She was born into a poor immigrant family who meant to raise her well, but was never able to have the time to spend with her, as her parents had to take many jobs and to feed a family of 7. She had learned to live her life on the edge, but never far enough to get caught. But now, with only a week left, she plans to live to the fullest, without getting caught. But will there be anyone to save her?

No really. It would be interesting if there was a pastor figure around though.
Strafe

Postby Dante » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:14 pm

Name: Ziggy
Appearance (Encompasses Height, Weight, Hair, Eyes, Clothing style, Piercings, etc.):Pic
Yes I stole it from my other RP.
Personality: Cheerful but somewhat shy, bright but ultimately unspoken
Background: Nothing more then a simple high school kid, Ziggy comes from a happy middle class family with his father working nights and his mother staying home. His family is closer to his family then any friends which are closer to acquaintances. He isn't old enough to have a full religious background and much of this has to do with his parental upbringing. Ultimately though, he is reaching an age where he can begin to understand things like death and the concept of a "God". However, he is not sure what those things mean.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Lady Kenshin » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:03 am

How many characters are we allowed?

Name: General Jane Fawkes
Appearance: (In civilian clothing)Image
Personality: Strong-willed and even brash, she hates to sit around doing nothing and will do anything to save the city and its inhabitants.
Background: She grew up in a strict military family and, paraphrase a quote, smoking is her only vice. Her father taught her to believe in God, but she has slipped away and now her driving force is purely duty, but that in and of itself is reason enough for her to kill and maim. She worked very hard to gain her rank at such a young age, and she is determined to be worthy of it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby BubblegumNinja » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:34 am

Ooo, this looks like a lot of fun o__o *starts working on a character* I think I'll probably be the priest. Or ex-priest...
BubblegumNinja

Postby Strafe » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:13 am

You can have as many characters as you want, but just remember that you need to be able to handle it. It would be terrible if your Character Died in the middle of a conversation. I'm working on how I'm going to put any possible ways to escape in the mean time.
Strafe

Postby Strafe » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Double Post again, but all of your Characters are Accepted.

I'm planning to change the name of the RP to "Memento Mori" or something like that.
Strafe

Postby Dante » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:48 pm

By the way, this is a great and very original idea for an RP. Great job!
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Rambo » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:58 pm

Name: Jaden Emerson
Appearance:6' 0", 190lb, brown shaggy hair, hazel eyes, baggy torn jeans with a flashy black dress shirt
Personlality: strong willed has a strong sence of right and wrong he chose to sin but has since seeked redemption. He is the type of person not through words but actions makes a good impact on people around him.
Background:Use to be the party animal thinking life was good and being young was eternal. Now its all shot and he has come
to terms that life is ment to lived for a purpose. His father and family were big into a faith in God. He doesnt talk to them but let them know he had surrendered himself. So he has made it his goal to save as many as he can. Most of his friends even his brother has just shot him down saying he was hypocrite. His defence was so was paul a hypocrite for trying after sinning. He has just started but he is determand. His only 4 friends have done the same thing so they all went different directions to help people in the most part of the metropolis.
The Lord my God Rarely works the same way twice but the out come is always the same.[/SIZE]
C. S. Lewis is such a great writer. I have read his Screwtape Letters, his Great Divorce, and am no working on his Mere Christianity.
Rambo

Postby Strafe » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:27 pm

Thanks Pascal, but be careful what you say now, since I'm worried how it will turn out. Hopefully, though, it will go well. If it goes better than I expected, I may make a sequel about the aftermath, but we'll have to see how it goes from here.

Character Accepted, Rambo.

I'll probably wait a couple more days before starting, to let some more people join. It will be harder to introduce new characters once it starts. Go invite people if you want, in the mean time.
Strafe

Postby Dante » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:30 pm

I don't care how it turns out, the idea itself had a ton of potential. An RP where at best you're guaranteed to fail and most likely no matter what you do, your character will die. That spins heads around many other RPs these days, but requires some maturity to handle it!
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Strafe » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:36 pm

Uh... how do you request an RP thread to be made?
Strafe

Postby BubblegumNinja » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Sorry if this seems a bit rushed. I have to go to bed :c

Name: Gabriel Carr
Appearance: Tall and slim with greying black hair and peaceful green eyes. Dresses casually; usually in work shirts and jeans.
Personality: The very image of patience; he never seems capable of loosing his temper. Caring and very empathetic. Unfortunately he can come across as silly, with his head stuck in the clouds. Clumsy.
Background: Gab was a missionairy for many years, serving in the field faithfully as he felt was his duty. Illness forced him to step back. While he recovered, he never found the oppurtunity to return - mostly because he was given the responsibility of caring for his nephew.

Name: Uriah Carr
Appearance: Tanned and strong, with long chocolate brown hair and deep green eyes. Dresses for comfort, mostly in plain shirts and jeans.
Personality: Uriah is a very calm person, which can make him seem colder than he really is. He isn't inclined to care what others think of him, and he doesn't mind telling them what's on his mind. Blunt and easily irritated. Protective of those he comes to care for; even despite the way he treats them.
Background: Uriah came to live with his Uncle when things in his life weren't going very well. He was fighting and his parents weren't capable of giving him any time. Though some of the old habits haven't faded, he's generally become a much nicer person. With the recent development, his one interest is bringing his Uncle to safety.
BubblegumNinja

Postby Strafe » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:08 pm

Accepted. I'll PM some mod tomorrow probably.
Strafe

Postby Strafe » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:37 pm

Alright I sent in the request. I'll leave the thread open for a little for any stragglers, but I think we may have enough.
Strafe

Postby Arya Raiin » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:29 pm

Name: Arya Raiin

Appearance: Very tall and muscular. Long blond hair. Lightly tanned skin. Blue eyes and tend to wear a blue/black stripped tank top with a blue jacket and blue jeans. Almost always seen wearing blue eyes shadow. (That's a lot of blue)
Personality: Quirky, loving to her friends, tends to be bossy, dangerous if you get on her bad side. Is a tom-boy

Background: A lot of experience with machines. She is well know for having a pistol with her. (I'm kind of a tom-boy.) Her mom and dad both died and now she lives with her aunt who doesn't keep up with her much. She tend to sit in the library burying herself into manga.

I've got some tips for you, You need to make up a sort of map for the town. (I can do that if you'll pm me.) But that's really it. Just let it go anyway it goes. That's what make RPGs interesting. Also this sounds a lot like The City of Ember. XD
Arya Raiin

Postby Strafe » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:26 pm

Character accepted, but I'm not so sure about a Map. I don't find it necessary to an Rp, and the point isn't about the location, but about the people.

Also I never thought about how it's similar to City of Ember. But I just looked it up and you're right. Huh. Difference is, this one has no happy ending. Or does it? Still deciding.
Strafe

Postby goldenspines » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:05 pm

goldenspines

Postby Lady Kenshin » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:28 am

Okay, I'm going to put another character in.

Name: Nemo (A pseudonym)
Appearance: Image
Personality: The definition of nihilism, Nemo has always believed that things are destroying themselves, and this event seems to prove it to him. He's fond of smashing things and cutting things. He believes in nothing.
Background: Nobody's sure. He says he has no name.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lady Kenshin

Postby Strafe » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:45 am

Accepted. Looking forward to RPing. Though it would be nice if there were even more people. Could somebody invite?
Strafe

Postby Strafe » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:42 am

Here's Santa Claus, but using a different character template since I just copy pasted.

Name: Calls himself Nicholas, St. Nicholas, or Santa Claus.

Age: Appears to be between 29-40. Somewhere in between there.

Apperance- A very nice looking man. You would never be able to tell his true nature, and thus never suspect him of any crime Like Johan. He is rather thin though.

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Bleached White.

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 140

Clothing style: Like a business man, nice suits, etc.

Personality: Highest level of Apathy. As if nothing bothered him. Not even if his mother was killed before his eyes. He would probably continue smiling and whistling Christmas tunes. Thus he is able to do anything, anything, without showing emotion. However, he has a number of quirks that make him "lovable" and all the more disturbing to understand just exactly how nothing is going on in his head, and everything is random.

History: He tends to make up conflicting stories about his past. Like the Joker.

Extra: likes to Wear Red Santa Claus hats.
Strafe

Postby Steffyn Desu » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:07 pm

Is this still open? Cos I'd like to join~
Steffyn Desu

Postby Lady Kenshin » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:25 pm

Well, Strafe's in charge, but I bet so. I'll warn you though, most of us are hardcore, several paragraphs a post kind of people, so it might be a pain to catch up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lady Kenshin

Postby Strafe » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:51 pm

Well you certainly are welcome, but heed Miss Kenshin's Caveat. The story can get confusing rather quick, so be careful about joining it. Of course, I'll be around to recap the story if you PM me about it.
Strafe

Postby Arya Raiin » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:14 pm

Alright, new character...

Name: Jason Rulford

Appearance: Tall, strong, and lean. His skin is lightly tanned and he has medium-length brown hair and green eyes. He always wears a leather jacket.

Personality: Serious, kind, and a natural leader. He gets very angry though when his friends are threatened (especially Arya... ;))

Background:
He and Arya met each other when they where 15 and were dating till a few week before, when a air plane that he had been riding in crashed (This will be brought up later between my two characters). He was searching for Arya when he heard the horrifying news that the reactor would blow-up. He had spent the last couple of days helping civilians and searching for Arya.
Arya Raiin

Postby Strafe » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:48 pm

Aight. I know you can handle it.
Strafe

Postby Strafe » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:33 pm

The Mysterious little girl.

Name: Shizuka Otonashi (In other words... really quiet. She's mute.)

Appearance: Japanese, Short, thin, Black-chestnut highlighted hair with a bow, Brown eyes, wears a private school uniform even though she doesn't go to school.

Personality: Very bright and has a cheerful, outgoing personality. Though she can never verbally express her feelings, they are very obvious. She cares very much for Nicholas, and sees him as her real, though not biological, father.

Background: Nicholas' unofficially adopted daughter. History on that will be revealed. But you know that it will be pretty twisted.
Strafe

Postby Arya Raiin » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:00 pm

:lol:Wow... it's been a little while since I've played three characters... this is going to be FUN! :lol:

Name: Ray (It's all he has ever been called his whole life.)

Appearance: Tall Caucasian, though not very muscular. Black haired and blue eyed. Tends to wear either black business suits or a simple, plain black shirt with blue jeans. Is rarely seen not wearing his black hat. Also carries a gun that is not so expertly used.

Personality: Easily angered and normally hasty, he doesn't care about life.
Background: (To be revealed.)
Arya Raiin

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying