Roddenberry High School

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Roddenberry High School

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:48 am

It is the 24th century and interstellar travel has brought with it new alliances between Earth and other planets. To keep these alliances civil, a high scool has been constructed on Earth, allowing human and extraterrestrial children to interact and learn. You can apply as either a student or a teacher. The character application will follow this format:
Name:
Origin (what planet you're from):
Physical description:
Grade: (9-12)
Personality:
Other (any special traits the character has, such as telepathy, superhuman strength etc):
And here's my character so you can see what I'm looking for:
Name: David Shatner
Origin: Earth
Physical Description: David is a dark-skinned human with brown eyes and black hair. He stands about 5 feet 7 inches and weighs 110 lbs.
Grade: 9
Bio: David is new to the school as a freshman.
Personality: David is a friendly sort who's eager to meet aliens. He tries to treat everyone as equals.
Note: If you're playing a teacher, the form is the same, but you must include the class you are teaching.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lil_Ninja » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:01 am

Ah, why not. I'm bored enough XD

~

Name: Xan Azukar

Grade: 10th

Home world: Taliwi, a planet that consists of mainly rocks.

Species: Gremiser.

Physical description: Instead of skin, he has hard/thick dark blue scales much like a lizard, he has reverse colored eyes (eyeball black, iris white, pupil blue), his hands are much like a geckos with sharp black claws at the end, his ears are long and pointed, he has a fork tongues that can smell the air, his face is skinny and kind of bony, and his teeth are almost like a sharks, with rows and everything.

Bio: Xan was shipped to the school for two reasons: One, so there would be no trouble between Earth and Taliwi, and two, because he was too much trouble for them.

Personality: Xan is very mischievous, and likes causing trouble when he can. He acts out because he had been treated so badly on his home planet. He usually doesn't mean too much harm, it's just his way of getting attention.

Other: He is capable of seeing in heat vision (when he uses it, his eyes turn all black), and super hearing. He is extremely agile, flexible and awesome in hand to hand combat.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:10 am

lizard-boy is approved!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Gelka » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:10 pm

Name: Rin
Origin:Earth (Japan)
Physical description: looks like this Image
Grade: 10th
Bio: Transferred schools.
Personality: Smart and nice. Rin has a hard time getting along with "aliens".
Gelka

Postby Anystazya » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:07 pm

Name: Isabel-Rose Shizyna
Physical description: Isabel has long, curly dark hair and light skin with rosy cheeks. Her eyes are usually a normal brown, but they change depending on her mood (red when she's mad, blue when she's sad, green/yellow when she's very happy...).
Subject: Teaches art for all grades
Bio: Her parents are both humans, but her eyes change like they do because of a strange chemical she accidentally drank as a baby. Isabel skipped a couple of her grades in school, and then went through six years of university, so she's a bit of a younger teacher. She'd always had a love for art and teaching, so those were what she put together for her current job.
Personality: She's a pretty normal teacher...with a bit of a habit of changing moods often. Plus, she's only four years older than the senior students. She doesn't like being thought of on a different level because she's just a bit older and a teacher. She wanted to teach at this school because she wanted to give all species, not just humans, a chance to learn.

--

Is this okay, Rock?
[color="Plum"]Do not let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good. - Job 40:2 NLT[/color]

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] [color="Purple"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]

[color="DarkOrchid"]~Anystazya~[/color]
Anystazya

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:35 pm

Name:Dr.Lylinne Elfeon, PhD
Origin: Alciron (Planet of the Wind People-colony of humans settled in 2118)
Physical description: small, slender, short, lavender eyes, silver hair-short and spiky, female
Grade: teacher of planetary languages and phycology
Bio: Born on Alciron, Lyli (pronounced "Lily") is of human origin. Because of the planets' atmosphere, many of the people sport white to grey hair and odd colored eyes. Other adaptations to the planet include the ability of flight and increased right-brained thought waves-making Lyli very creative and able to quickly learn different dialects and such. She grew up with her abusive father until the age of 16, when he died. Her next few years were spent in an orphanage until her completion of high school. After working and going to school, she received her masters and found emplyment at Roddenberry High.
Personality: This Doc is very bold and expressive. She is a out-of-the-box thinker, and greatly enjoys her job. Her personal life and background are very private. Other traits include being boisterious, straight-forward, and people friendly.
Other: As stated above, Lyli has the ability to process information and knowlegde quickly and the ability to fly.

This good for now?
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:46 am

All characters accepted. And now to introduce the school's counselor/Assistant Principal
Name: Rianna Sirtis
Origin: Leera (yep, from Animorphs. Tis a tribute)
Grade/Position: Counselor/Assistant Principal
Age: 40 (in Leeran years, in human years, she'd be in her 30's)
Physical Description: Like all Leerans, she seems somewhat frog-like with tentacles under her belly instead of legs. Her scales are slimy and green. For more info on Leerans, click here
Bio: Rianna lived most of her life on the Leeran homeworld. She first met humans when they came there to forge an alliance. She found them so interesting that she decided to study up on them. Her studies proved so fruitful that she gained the attention of Roddenberry High. She is now counselor and assistant principal at the school.
Personality: Rianna is a kind-hearted female. She always tries to consider all her options before making a decision. She's always willing to listen to any problems.
Other: Like all Leerans, Rianna is an amphibious being. She is an excellent swimmer and will often be seen relaxing in the school's pool. She also possesses psychic abilities, so it's very difficult to pull fast ones on her. I should also note that when I have her speak, it will be in Leeran with a universal translator. Her dialog will always be underlined and italicized, Like this. This is how KA Applegate always presented Leeran speech in the Animorphs books.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Dante » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:25 pm

Stares at first thread and first idea that comes to mind is:

David... 16... freshman?! I wasn't a freshman 16! I graduated from high school at 15! Stops... wait, wrong David :P... hmm... maybe... it depends on my time shortly and how much I get done with my projects (Thesis).
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Gelka » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:29 am

I was just wondering. When are we going to start?
Gelka

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:00 pm

i'm waiting to see if we get two more members

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lady Kenshin » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:39 am

I might as well join this... XD It sounds like fun!

Name: Elsuna

Origin: Flüstern is the name given to it by German explorers, as most species find the true name impossible to pronounce.

Physical description: Hard to tell. Flüsternians and Flüstern in general have a lower density than most planets, which makes them diffiucult for most other species to see. They can, if necessary, harden themselves somewhat, but Flüsternians tend to prefer the freedom of blowing about in the air as much as they can. As a result, no one really knows what she looks like, as she's mostly sensed as a faint mist and a soft but clear voice. She is thought to have long hair and wear flowing robes, but this could just be a trick of the light.

Grade: 12

Bio: As a rule, Flüsternians are a shy race, mostly keeping to themselves, their low, whispery conversations earning the planet its name. Elsuna, however, decided that, in the interest of promoting healthy relations with other species, who are often afraid of them for their "ghostly" appearances, she would leave her home and loving family for a while. She misses her home more than she will admit, but she knows that her goal is important and will not leave until she has seen it through.

Personality: Shy-ish, as he culture has taught her, but wiling to learn and determined to befriend her classmates and teachers.

Other: Her ability to change her density. She listens a lot, which makes her insightful.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:52 pm

This looks really good so far. We about ready to kick it up, Rock?
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Sanji07 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:00 pm

Name: Rei Kurosawa
Origin (what planet you're from): Neptune
Physical description: *can I provide a picture?*
Grade: 9th
Bio: Rei was considered an outcast on her home planet. The black clothes she wore and her quiet nature caused her to seem rude or evil to the other Neptunians, when really she was quite nice. She hardly had any friends, but many enemies. Her mother was born on Neptune, and her father was born on the planet of Nekosimila, causing Rei to have some cat genes.
Personality: strange, quiet, mysterious
Other: Rei has the power to control water to a certain degree. She also has feline traits, such as being able to land on her hands and feet and being able to see in the dark with limited light. She soon finds and adopts a small black kitten with seagreen eyes, naming him Seacrest.
[color="SeaGreen"]@)}[/color][color="black"]~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature
Servant of: Hypersocks-the leader of extrolling hyperness! ^-^
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and are not scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Sanji07

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:25 am

All right, now we can start. I'll send this in to a mod and we'll wait to see what happens. I'm still taking applications btw.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby goldenspines » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:30 am

goldenspines

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:36 am

Yay!!!! Thanks, Miss Mary!
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:21 pm

Hey. Is it still cool to make another character? We need a hunky coach.

Name: Errik Presario
Origin: Delta 5 ( well-to-do colony around the fifth Saturn moon)
Physical description: well-built, fine-featured, tall, fairly dark completed, green eyes, wavy dark blue hair, male
Grade: coach over most physical education classes and head of the boys competitive sports
Bio: Born to a very wealthy family, Errik has enjoyed living in a life of luxury. Trouble arose when he refused to go into the family business, and he was cut from all funds. Despite this, he enjoys working with teenagers and loves his job as a coach. His family will only give him his rightful share in the family company if he settles down and marries, so he does look at other co-workers from time to time for a mate.
Personality: Errik is out-going, friendly, and somewhat of a ladies man. He is quick on his feet as well as his emotions. Other outstanding traits of this coach are carefree and impulsive.
Other: Errik has amazing reflexes and speed...almost super human.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Anystazya » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:23 pm

We need a hunky coach.

When I first read that, I let out this loud, high-pitched laugh!!!! XD LOL LOL LOL :lol:
[color="Plum"]Do not let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good. - Job 40:2 NLT[/color]

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] [color="Purple"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]

Anystazya

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 pm

Well....another layer of my character has been revealed. lol
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Sanji07 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:58 am

Sanji07 (post: 1318616) wrote:Name: Rei Kurosawa
Origin (what planet you're from): Neptune
Physical description: http://sanji07.deviantart.com/art/Kat-104606635
Grade: 9th
Bio: Rei was considered an outcast on her home planet. The black clothes she wore and her quiet nature caused her to seem rude or evil to the other Neptunians, when really she was quite nice. She hardly had any friends, but many enemies. Her mother was born on Neptune, and her father was born on the planet of Nekosimila, causing Rei to have some cat genes.
Personality: strange, quiet, mysterious
Other: Rei has the power to control water to a certain degree. She also has feline traits, such as being able to land on her hands and feet and being able to see in the dark with limited light. She soon finds and adopts a small black kitten with seagreen eyes, naming him Seacrest.

I added a pic.
[color="SeaGreen"]@)}[/color][color="black"]~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and are not scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Sanji07

Postby Roxas2210 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:40 pm

Can i join?
[font="Fixedsys"]Waiting for the sun to shine in the brightest room! =][/font]
Roxas2210

Postby Lil_Ninja » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:01 pm

Ignore mah post
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Roxas2210 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:09 pm

can i? cause this looks good
[font="Fixedsys"]Waiting for the sun to shine in the brightest room! =][/font]
Roxas2210

Postby Sanji07 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:01 pm

Pm rocklobster. I'm sure you can but I'm not positive. ._.;;
Sanji07

Postby Emanku » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:17 am

This roleplay sounds rather interesting, I'd like to join in.

Here's the character I thought of. He's not a teacher or student, but unless janitors have been completely replaced by robots or something, I thought this would work. Let me know if there's any problems with him.

Name: Ar-Chiich

Species : Kiirii

Origin : Krechariik - a large planet with most of its inhabitants living in dark, expansive underground caverns and tunnels rather than on the surface.

Species Description : Kiirii are a subterranean species of rodent living in the caves of Krechariik. They look similar to Earth's Degus (look it up if you don't know what they are), but walk upright, standing about 3' to 5'. Kiirii have excellent senses, particularly their large, light-sensitive eyes and long whiskers that detect vibrations in the air with surprising accuracy, letting them navigate just as well with their eyes closed. They are long-lived but have limited intelligence, often being mistaken for children. Most surprising is the Kiirii's predictive abilities. Many Kiirii will have knowledge of an event before it occurs or have sudden insight into a problem, though few are able to control it well enough for it to be very useful.

Physical Description : Ar-Chiich stands at 3'11" and is sufficiently covered by fur and so doesn't need clothes. His eyes are always closed during the day because they are too sensitive to the light. He is usually carrying some kind of cleaning implement.

Job : Janitor

Bio : Ar-Chiich's parents are ambassadors from Krechariik and some of the most gifted of their species. Although one of the eldest of his dozens of siblings, Ar-Chiich never shared his parents' ambition, preferring instead the simple pleasures of manual labor and conversation. He has worked for Roddenberry High School as a janitor since it opened (which is how long?) and is well liked by most of the staff. He has been given a lot of freedoms someone in his occupation would not normally receive. He does most of his cleaning work at night but, since he doesn't need much sleep, spends most of the day loitering around the school chatting with whoever seems interested.

Personality : Although his intelligence is at the level of a child, Ar-Chiich is very positive and kind and also easy to talk to. He loves getting gifts, even small things like a piece of candy or a doodle. Ar-Chiich likes listening to and helping people with their problems. Think of him as the unofficial school counselor.

Other : Ar-Chiich's predictive powers are quite strong but he would never want to use them as a means of employment.
I will not waver, doubt or falter for all truth in this world has been written into the book here at my side.
Emanku

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:14 pm

Welcome aboard. We could use a janitor. You can start playing anytime.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Anystazya » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:23 pm

Okaaaay, first off, I'd like to say I'm not sure on everything to do with the physical traits of this character, or what kind of abilities this species has, but I'll trust Rock to fix or fill in blanks for me ^____^ So, with that, I introduce my new character ^^

Name: Avli Nalin
Origin: Edenia
Physical description: She has blue skin, like all other Edenites, and has dark hair. Her eyes are a light bluish-green
Grade: 10
Bio: Avli is a relative of Tama Nalin, thus their shared surname. She lived a happy, normal life on their home planet, but wanted to go out and try something new, which is how she ended up at Roddenberry High.
Personality: Empathetic, like much of her kind, and always wanting to go out and do something, rather than leading a boring life. She loves the stars and night sky, and wants to travel once she graduates.
Other: As a trait of her race, she can use telepathy.

Anystazya

Postby Sanji07 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:55 am

Name: Professor Isaiah Jeremiah (lol pun)
Physical description: Tall and lean. Has long snow-white hair pulled back in a low ponytail. Eyes are red and cat-like but are normally closed. Wears glasses and a casual business suit with tie.
Subject: Math (all grades)
Bio: Jeremiah is a Christian professor who used to teach and witness on the planet of Neptune. Some of the Neptunians were kindhearted towards him while others discriminated against him for coming from Earth. There was one who stood out to him-the girl seemed to be dark and silent, but she really turned out to be shy and sweet. He felt sorry for the lonely girl and befriended her due to her lack of friends. When he found out about her going to a strange school on Earth, he became curious and researched the place. Unknown to the girl's knowledge, he traveled back to Earth, hoping to become a teacher there and befriend more kids. He wants everyone to have someone to go to, just as he and Rei had been there for each other.
Personality: Kind, wise, caring
Other: Carries around a large book that allows him to cause disasters from the Biblical book of Revelations to happen. Is also skilled at fighting, with cat-like gestures and reflexes. Is the owner of Hami, a white kitten with tiny angel wings.

---

I think it's pretty obvious by now that I love cats. =P I might draw a pic of Hami on MS Paint later.

Please forgive me if I make any vampire references-he's in a manga story I'm planning. Just let me know if I need to change something and I will. -_^
Sanji07

Postby rocklobster » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:35 pm

Get him started. I'd love to see this guy in aciton.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Sanji07 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:45 pm

Okay thanks. ^_^
Sanji07

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying