The Falconers

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

The Falconers

Postby rocklobster » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:58 pm

I've been writing a story that you can read here. I'm having such fun with it, I decided to turn it into an RPG. So, here's the scenario:
In the world of Erewhon, there is a region known as the Seraph Mountains. There a race of angelic beings called Falconers exists. They are ruled by the gentle Mother Goddess Iawia (whose name means I Am What I Am), who they call Lo-Grota, or Great Mother. She has charged them with protecting Erewhon and its humans from the forces of the evil, immortal sorceress Pandora, a Falconer who once served her but has now turned evil. She has divided the Falconers into nine groups, or Choirs, which are designated by a specifically-colored robe. When a falconer turns seven, he/she grows wings (VERY painfully, I must add) and is then sent to the Dotheg (the Falconer Temple) to be trained by Iawia to fight against Pandora. When the child turns 18, the training is complete and he/she is given a magical weapon and then joins the choir Iawia thinks best fits his/her talents. The nine Choirs are as follows:
1. Sentries (white)--protects the Falconers' home from invaders.
2. Acolytes/Educators (yellow)--Cleans the temple and trains new recruits. (the recruits wear green robes until their training is complete)
3. Hunting/Gathering (forest green)--exactly what it sounds like. Hunting and farming. Provides food for the society. Note: The Falconers must always ask the animal's permission before they kill it.
4. Healing (blue)--Healing the injured and sick. The 4th choir members all have blue wings and inborn healing powers.
5. Construction (red)--Constructing the homes and other buildings in the society and even occassionally the humans.
6. Human Relations (peach and brown)--helping the humans fight Pandora, rescuing them from danger, that kind of stuff.
7. Covert Operations (black)--The Ninja Choir! They do stuff like spying and reconnaissance. Their robes make them COMPLETELY invisible. Only Iawia can see them.
8. Research and Development (purple)--this choir is in charge of scientific study.
9. Qolot-slayers (crimson)--the elite choir that has the most dangerous job in the society: killing Pandora's minions, known as the Qoloz.
Here's what I need from you:
1. You can be one of three character types: humans (who have no powers or magical weaponry), Falconers (described above) and Qoloz (the demon-like servants of Pandora).
2. the character description:
Name:
Weapon (if any):
Personality:
If you are a Falconer, the character description goes like this:
Name: (make a name that defines your character. The Falconers always name someone based on their looks or characteristics. Names like Graywing, Indigo, and Jade are examples)
Choir: (if you are younger than 18, this doesn't apply)
Physical Appearance (same as above, but include your wing color)
Weapon: tell what your weapon does
Bio:
Personality:
If you are a Qolot, you are evil. You have bat-like wings and horns in your head. You even have a spiked tail. You have no will of your own and serve Pandora with no questions. It should be noted that most of the Qoloz were once Falconers, but when they sided with Pandora, their appearance changed into what they are now. Even humans who side with Pandora can become Qoloz eventually. The Character application is as follows:
Name:
Age: (unlike the Falconers, who ironically could be considered their genetic cousins, the Qoloz are born with their wings, so you can be any age you please.)
Physical Appearance:
Bio:
Personality:
3. I will be playing Iawia. One other person can have the honor of playing Pandora.
4. Here are my characters to give you an idea of what I want.
Iawia
Physical appearance: Her true form is unknown, even to the Falconers. She usually appears as a tall Falconer with long white hair and white wings. She carries a staff with a globe on it, but clearly this is a symbol of her status rather than a tool, for she can walk very well without it. She has infinite power and wisdom.
Bio: Iawia created all of the universe and its creatures. She is the Falconers' Lo-Grota, or Great Mother.
Personality: Iawia is a gentle and wise being. She seems to have infinite patience and love. She can become angry, but she is very slow to it. She is meant to represent my idea of what God is like. She is not meant to replace God. Think Aslan in the Chronicles of Narnia
Indigo
Choir: 4
Physical Appearance: Blue wings, blue hair and blue eyes. Wears a blue robe.
Bio: Indigo is the 4th choir's newest member and is looking for a chance to prove herself.
Weapon: Tuning fork. This weapon produces ear-shattering vibrations that can bring even the strongest foe to his/her knees.
Personality: Indigo is very quiet and reserved most of the time and rarely speaks her mind. She prefers to let her actions speak for her instead.
Starchild
Choir: 2
Physical Appearance: Black wings that have white stars in them. Has gentle-seeming eyes that shine with the joy of life. Her mother claimed that she could see the stars in them when Starchild was born.
Bio: Starchild has just been appointed a teacher in the Second Choir.
Personality: Starchild is one of the most dedicated educators. She is very obedient and will follow Iawia no matter what. She doesn't question Iawia's wisdom because she knows Iawia will always do what is right, even if it doesn't seem like the right thing to do at the time. She may seem shy at first, but once she gets to know you, you will have a friend for life.
Weapon: A rod that can become any length she chooses. All she has to do is say "goz-lon!", which is the falconer word for "extend!"
Autumn
Character type: Human (at the start)
Physical Appearance: She has yellow hair and green eyes.
Bio: Autumn has lived a very quiet life. That is, until a qolot burned down her home and killed her family, leaving her orphanned.
Personality: Autumn takes her life in stride. She does not let things get her down and tries to see the bright side of things. Her optimism can be annoying to some.
Note: If you are having trouble coming up with a character, I have a few ideas that I would be glad to share with you. PM me for them.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lil_Ninja » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:06 pm

Sounds cool. I might join later when I have time to make a character :)
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby rocklobster » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:40 am

And here's a character I forgot to post:
Name: Graywing
Choir: 6
Physical Appearance: Has gray hair, brown eyes, and gray wings. Wears a peach/brown robe.
Weapon: Mace that shoots poisonous barbs
Bio: Graywing is Indigo's fiance. They are very close and are actually planning to tie the knot.
Personality: It's amazing that Graywing and Indigo are so great together, because they're so opposite from each other. Graywing has much more bravado than Indigo, and is more willing to speak his mind. His superiors actually encourage these traits because they know he's just anxious to show why he should be in the 6th choir. He is an excellent soldier.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:28 pm

Name: Stormwing
Choir: 7
Physical Appearance: Has green eyes that look serene and caring. Also has a set of gray spotted white wings. Wears a set of black robes.
Weapon: Has an all black katana with a pure white sheath. The katana can change into any kind of weapon that Stormwing wants. But he usually keeps it in its original form because the katana seems to be the most effective.
Bio: When Stormwing was born he had some of the most beautiful pure white wings that any Falconer had ever seen. But that all changed one day when Stormwing walked into his parents room and said,"Look mommy I have spotted wings."
Personality: Most people can't find anyone more kind and caring that Stormwing. But many people say that this will eventually lead to his death because he cares to much. But they are wrong, because when it comes to combat hes always strong willed and steady.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby rocklobster » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:07 pm

Nice work on the ninja falconer Derek. Accepted!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lil_Ninja » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:29 pm

(Hope this is alright!)

Name: Fireflight

Physical Appearance: He has fierce red eyes, short dark red spiked hair and red wings. He is tall, slightly muscular and his skin color is tan. At first glance, he would probably seem tough and intimidating.

Weapon: He has brass knuckles that get to the burning point when he's about to fight. The heat does not harm his hands though.

Bio: Fireflight has a passion for protecting others. He hates seeing others weaker then him getting hurt, so he stands up for them and helps them no matter what the cost.

Personality: He is a very kind soul, despite his tough appearance, and he will go out of his way to help others. He is very slow to anger and will not use force if it's not needed. Sometimes he can be very naive, but most of the time, he is very alert and aware.

Extra: When he flies through the sky, he looks like a streak of fire.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby rocklobster » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:01 am

Kinda seems like a half-human/half-phoenix. Cool! Accepted.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lostinnarnia » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:06 pm

hmmm
lol
this sounds cool:P
and aparently i have role played before on two occations that i did not think of as rpging lol

but i will join
i have so many ideas can i create more than one charictor?O.o
race:falconer
name:Tainted Feather
Choir:9th chior
Physical Appearance: he has for the most part blood red wings except for a few white feathers sticking out at the end. he has about earlobe length black hair, black eyes, and dark skin tone, and he is quite tall.
Weapon: he has two gauntlets in which have only durability but that is their power they are indestructable. he does not use any other weapon because he thinks that his fighting strength and power should come from himself.
Bio:as he grew up as a child he had dreams of becoming a healer of choir 4 but on the fate full day of his seventh birthday his wings grew out blood red. his dream had been shattered. but he knew he could not let his personal feelings get in the way of this war between good and evil, so he devoted himself to becoming strong enough to protect others so they would not have to be healed.
Personality:as a child he was loud and laughed alot but after the age of seven he became a quite being, he has very few friends except for his comrades on the battle field but they did not even understand him that well.
Every human’s heart is tainted with evil, mine is no different, I try to suppress it but many times it is overwhelming. My heart tears like paper. I am weak for I am human. I needed a reason to live. Suicide wavered on my mind but in the end as I gave my life to Christ my torn heart was sewn back together.
Lostinnarnia

Postby Lostinnarnia » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:14 pm

gah! i just noticed that lil_ninja and my charictors resemble each other
i am sorry i should have read the others charictors before creating my own
Every human’s heart is tainted with evil, mine is no different, I try to suppress it but many times it is overwhelming. My heart tears like paper. I am weak for I am human. I needed a reason to live. Suicide wavered on my mind but in the end as I gave my life to Christ my torn heart was sewn back together.
Lostinnarnia

Postby Althaia » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:47 pm

Name: Rainbowfeather
Choir: 8/9
Apperance~
Hair: goes down to her waits and transitions from blue to green
Eyes: black
Wings: see the below picture
Height: 5'12"

Weapon: a orientel bow and arrow that when it is shot it becomes a large water like bird
Bio: to be seen in the rpg
Personality: calm collected tends to sneak up on people

hope thats okay the reason shes in two choirs is because she starts out in 8 but transfers to 9

she is based on the Scarlet Chested Parakeet

her wings
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color=cyan]† [size=84]smile Jesus loves you[/SIZE][/color]

procastinators unite.......................tommorrow

[color=palegreen]So in times when all your hope is gone
And you go through life afraid
In your heart there lies a hopeful song
That is there to guide the way
And all the hurt and all the pain
You soon will learn was not in vain
For all your prayers, they will be heard
They'll come to pass through faith [/color]

[color=palegreen]~When you Believe from Prince of Egypt

[/color]
Althaia

Postby rocklobster » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:20 am

LostinNarnia, it's okay that your character has the same wings as Fireflight. He's different enough to make it work. And yes, you can be more than one character. Look at how many I control.
Alathia, I'll change my idea for you. Originally I was going to make the choir application permanent, but we'll make it like your choir's cantor (that's what they call the leader) decided you'd be better off in the 9th. BTW, you need to give your weapon some kind of magic power.
Anyway, both characters accepted. Welcome to the Seraph Mountains!
Oh, and here are some aspects of the Falconer culture. I'll be posting these so that you players will be able to incorporate them into your playing.
1. Instead of nodding or shaking the head to say yes or no, they use their wings. Wiggling the right wing means yes, and wiggling the left wing means no.
2. When hugging, they not only use their arms like we do. They also wrap their wings around each other. It's very beautiful and intimate. I got the idea from Gargoyles, one of my fave Disney cartoons.
3. When they greet each other, they place their hands at the chest, palms inward and interlock the thumbs, making the hands look like wings. When they greet Iawia, they do the same thing but they also kneel. (You would kneel when you greet God, wouldn't you?)
4. They are capable of telepathy, but rarely use it unless they can completely trust each other. This is because it is difficult to use telepathy without accessing secrets the other person doesn't want known. It's a way of respecting the other person's privacy. However, Iawia will talk with them telepathically very often to give them instructions. They can even use their telepathy as a "distress call" if they need help. They'll send it out like a mental SOS.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lostinnarnia » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:21 am

cool cool
i will think of a few more charictors
i want to do a human and a villan cause no one has yet:D
Lostinnarnia

Postby Lostinnarnia » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:01 am

Name: Griffith
Physical appearance: he has gray eyes, brown hair that looks like a lions main, he is tall but not really tall like tainted feather, he has two birth marks on the temple of his forehead that are in the shape of horns.
Weapon: he has and old sword that his father gave to him when he was 10, it seems like an ordinary rusty sword
Bio: griffith was given his name has a child because he was born with a full main of hair and his birthmark is in the shape of horns, his parents told him as a child that one day he would become a fierce leader as his name means. but as he grew up his father left him and his mother at the age of 10, since then he has been very timid and shy, he fears death, this is because after his father left his mother died a few months later of an unknown disease. his dreams though are to one day become as his parents intended for him and become a fierce leader, but to do that he needs to surpass his fear...

lol
in the next one im making a qolot :D
Lostinnarnia

Postby Lostinnarnia » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:03 am

oh and i forgot to mention that he looks up to the falconers as a symbol of hope
Lostinnarnia

Postby Lostinnarnia » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:05 am

oh no my last charictor i submited did not get posted
gah
lol
i post him again later
Lostinnarnia

Postby Lostinnarnia » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:26 am

now for the human charictor
name: Griffith century
Physical appearance: gray eyes, long main like brown hair, about average height, and he has two horn like birthmarks on the temples of his head.
Weapon: an old rusty sword that was given to him by his father at the age of 10, seemingly haveing no powers.
Bio:his parents named him griffith because it means "fierce leader" and because he was born with a full head of hair, and those two horn birthmarks on his temples. griffith's father left him at the age of 10 to go to war with a nieghoring country, btw his village is aa secular village and does not worship Iawai, well a few months after his father left his mother died of an unknown sickness. his father came back from war mortally wounded. in his last breaths his father told him " live your life son and do not conform to the ways of this village, make the right path...."
from that day on griffith was confused, he was scared
Personality:griffith is very shy and timid, he rarely speaks to people. but evry time he looked into the sky and saw a falconer fly he felt hope, he one day wishes to heed the words of his father and also to live up to what his name means
Lostinnarnia

Postby Lostinnarnia » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:42 am

oh i have so many more:D
lol
hmmm
my next one is a qolot
Name: Paradox
Physical Appearance: he is the only qolot that was born without wings, he has pitch black skin and white spiraling horns he has no tail. he looks much like a human accept for the horns and dark skin
Bio:he is the son of pandora himself, he has no wings unlike the other qolots
his ability is temptation, he can take the form of a normal human or that of a falconer(still cant fly though). he is quite a mystery
Personality: he is clever and cynical. he can change his personality to suit the being he is tempting.
Lostinnarnia

Postby Lostinnarnia » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:03 pm

i have another falconer
name: Celestial Obsidian
Physical Appearance: wings that are black but shine like obsidian, black eyes, she has a sharp stare that if you look in to it will feel like you are being stabbed, she has long black hair that covers her face most of the time.
Weapon: she was given an harp that when played can do many things( puts ppl to sleep, calms anger, brings wild life, and much more)
Bio: at birth celestial's mother died, she died because celestial was born with wings, Black wings that at fist look look like qolot wings. she is misunderstood and feared by most of the other falconers. many think she is a plan of pandora's to get an ally on the inside so that she can corrupt them.
Personality: she has a kind heart and understands why the other fear her but she is not manipulative about it. she is very forgiving,
Lostinnarnia

Postby DaughterOfZion » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:50 pm

Name:Cyan
Choir:4
Physical Appearance:waist length dark black hair so black it looks blue, gray eyes, tall slim build. Her wings are light blue.
Weapon: Plain dagger
Bio:Ever since she saw a friend die when she was six, She became obsessed about becoming and being a good healer
Personality:She's caring and a bit quiet, but will speak up if someone she cares about is being bullied,etc.
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby Song_of_Storms » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:21 pm

Rocklobster, I will join but I need just a little more time to finish my chara. ^^
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:06 pm

I'm just wondering if I should fix my char any. HELLO EVERYONE!!! ^^
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby rocklobster » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:18 pm

Derek, your character is fine. And everyone else is accepted. Oh, and if Pandora has children, she can only have them with a qolot. Just thought I'd clear that up. I'll be submitting this RPG tomorrow!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lostinnarnia » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:34 pm

darn lol
ok then ill change some stuff around tonight on my charictors so it clears that up:P
Lostinnarnia

Postby Lostinnarnia » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:52 pm

fixed:P
lol
Lostinnarnia

Postby rocklobster » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:58 pm

lost, you don't need to double post. Work on that or the mods might strike you.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:47 pm

I figured I'd make another character :)

Name: Nightwing
Choir: 7

Physical Appearance: She has deep blue adventurous eyes, black hair that reaches the middle of her neck and is slightly angled making some strands of hair fall in her face, and shiny black wings. She is a little above average height, looks very lean, and she has pale skin.

Weapon: She has two three point throwing stars that work much like boomerangs when she throws them. The stars points can be repositioned so when she is in close combat, she can grip them to where the blades are between her fingers and it wont hurt her. When the star wounds someone, it makes them feel an intense stinging and crippling feeling in that area that lasts for a couple hours. She is the only one that it doesn't hurt. There is also a hole in the middle of the stars so she can twirl it to show off.

Bio: You'll find out later :D

Personality: She is very adventurous and mischievous. If you didn't know her well, you'd think she was a lot younger than she really is because of how she acts. She loves messing with peoples heads and acting silly. Her younger brother is usually the one acting more mature in situations, which doesn't bother her at all. Most call her quick and irrational actions reckless, but most of the time, everything works out in the end for the better, making her look brilliant and getting her superiors mad. Nobody really knows if her quick seemingly irrational actions really have a plan behind it or just simply done without much thought and then adlibbed from there. Most are too afraid of the answer to ask.

Extra: She is Fireflight's older sister. Also, she is always wearing a black spiked choker and fingerless black gloves that allow her to grip her weapons better.
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby rocklobster » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:45 am

Kinda reminds me of Yuffie from FF7. Accepted! Maybe Nightwing and Autumn can become friends.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:17 am

Who knows Nightwing could even become friends with Stormwing since they are in the same choir. Just an idea.^^
Derek_Is_Me

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:05 am

Haha, never thought of that. Yay Yuffie!

Yeah, her being friends with Autumn and Stormwing would be cool :D
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby rocklobster » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:03 pm

Lil Ninja asked how the ninja choir's invisibility thing works. Basically, their robes have cloaks. When they pull the cloak over the head, they turn invisible. When they want to be visible again, they pull the cloak back. That's all there is to it.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying