Some kind of Wild Western RP?

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Some kind of Wild Western RP?

Postby Yuen Fei Lung » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:01 pm

I've thought for a long time that it would be cool to do some sort of Wild Western-themed RP. I was wondering what you guys thought about this and if you had any ideas? I've always been a big fan of Western movies (John Wayne may not have been a good actor but hey, he was the Duke c'mon!) and shows like Gunsmoke and most recently Deadwood (not for kids by any means). And I mean, c'mon who doesn't love Trigun?

I'd just like to see if anyone else would be interested in doing this sort of RP.
Yuen Fei Lung

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:13 pm

Man, I freaking love westerns. I might even be in for this
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Yuen Fei Lung » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:59 pm

That would be awesome Etoh! What are some westerns that you like? Any ideas for the RP? I have a lot of potential ideas but I'd like to see what others have in mind as well.
Yuen Fei Lung

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:29 am

Hm, my favorites are The Good the Bad and the Ugly (of course), Silverado, Tombstone, and 3:10 to Yuma (the new one)
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby christianfriend » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:31 am

I've been really wanting to do an old western type roleplay for a long time now! I'm glad someone else also wants to start one. Now, if only I had some ideas for a good plot..I'll be brainstorming for this :3

And you should slap down some of your ideas Yuen Fei Lung! That might help other people kick start some plots of their own to add to the idea list. :]
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby SailorDove » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:49 am

The Lone Ranger, Have Gun Will Travel, Annie Oakley, F Troop and Roy Rogers are just a few of my favorite western TV shows.

I'd have to admit "North to Alaska" & "Rio Bravo" are my favorite Western movies.

My RP skills aren't the best, but I'm game whenever it starts.
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby silver_wolf454 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:08 am

I'd be willing to join but I have no brain for a story right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"][color="Green"]Banner art by: Shao-Feng-Li[/color][/SIZE]

"I am but mad north-north west. When the wind is southerly....I know a hawk from a handsaw."- Hamlet, Shakespeare's Hamlet

[color="DarkOrchid"] "There's rosemary - that's for remembrance. And there is pansies - that's for thoughts." [/color] -Ophelia, Shakespeare's Hamlet
silver_wolf454

Postby Yuen Fei Lung » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:01 pm

Well, I really liked a lot of the themes in Deadwood such as the fact that they examined Chinese gangs back in the Wild West along with a variety of cultures (granted, I'm not condoning a lot of the content found in that show). I think it would be interesting to maybe start some sort of triad gang war story but I've also thought it would be interesting to do something like a ghost town or a simple cattle drive storyline. The game Dark Watch also gave me some interesting ideas such as Townspeople combating demons/vampires/ect. Your thoughts, everyone? ^_^
Yuen Fei Lung

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying