Memoirs of a Conquest

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Memoirs of a Conquest

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:31 pm

Memoirs of a Conquest
GM: kawaiikneko

Ever since the outbreak of the Androit wars when he was thirteen, David Morticus knew that he wanted to rule the world. Now, at the ripe young age of 23, he has reached his goal. Heralded as Imperator by most of the known world, David’s dream of world conquest is defied only by one, small rebellion cloistered deep in the Knartic Mountains in the southern reaches of his empire.

Led by Thomas Thatcher, the ragtag team of “freedom fighters” is half-destined to defeat David. A prophecy from a rather sketchy source propels them to believe Thomas is “the One” and the group that rallies around him seems plucked from a bad fantasy novel.

Although David considers Thatcher’s group only a minor threat, he knows better than to deal with them as a small problem. The Knartic Mountains are a natural barricade, and even a idiot strategist could devise a good defense while cloistered at the heart of the mountain range. Taking down the group will be risky and dangerous. Luckily, David Morticus didn’t conquer the rest of the world by dumb luck. Preparation begins now.

(Based ever so slightly on the Evil Overlord List)

~*~

You can be part of David’s organization/military or a member of the resistance. If you’re in the resistance, we’re aiming for the whole stereotypical hero, hero’s love interest, bumbling friend, wise old wizard, minstrel/court jester/comic interest character, best friend since childhood with a crush sort of group. Early on in the RP, David will probably send in a reconnaissance group of some of his best, most trusted soldiers to scout out the opposition. So… probably tailor your characters to be included in that group if you’re going to be a soldier in the military. Otherwise, characters that will probably be interacting most with David will be his 13 advisors. So if you want to be one of them, go ahead. Also, feel free to make as many characters as you like as long as you can handle them and keep track of everyone else.

A quick overview of David’s organization: GO!

Headquarters for the empire are based in Sologne, a giant building that could easily pass as a city. It is the most guarded and most armed location in the world, and it not only encompasses the headquarters, but also a prison and accommodations for all of the people working there. The building has 113 floors above ground and 23 floors below ground. It is located near the center of David’s empire. Surrounding Sologne (although there is about ten miles of open field around the building itself to keep it separate), is the city of Maniquet.

There are four main divisions of David’s army; Ceruleans, Soldiers, Mages, and Medics. Ceruleans are the equivalent of Marines – essentially, the most elite soldiers, and the others I think are self explanatory. Magic in this world is nothing too flashy… just the ability to produce elements like fire and water and attack with them. No flying around or lengthy incantations to summon of fantastical demigods or anything like that. Special Ops draws from all four divisions to produce the most reliable teams for… special operations. Yes. Anyways, they all have uniforms so don’t worry about describing your character’s style of dress unless you really like doing that sort of thing. Modifying uniforms is not tolerated. We are in the military, people!

The 13 advisors are handpicked by David and are closest to him and most involved in the planning. They are not equivalent to his generals, which is another matter. Not much to say about them, except he does keep one small child on his advisory team to point out obvious flaws in his plans that more mature minds wouldn’t catch. So if that sounds like an appealing character to you… first come first serve.

RULES (PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW)

1. No god-moding
2. USE GOOD GRAMMAR. And just so I stress how important this is, let me say it again. USE GOOD GRAMMAR. Please.
3. Read every post. Laziness is no excuse and no one is going to rehash everything for you when you get lost.
4. Long posts are fine and one-liners are allowed when necessary (come on, we all love one-liner punch lines), but are not preferable.
5. Feel free to make up mini-plots. It makes it fun. Anything major, check with me.
6. I reserve the rights to think up new rules. :]

*This is a preference, not really a rule… but I’d prefer if you didn’t post a picture that you did not draw to show what your character looks like. It’s a pet peeve of mine. So… just stretch your mind a little and use words. We’re all writers here. If you happen to be an artist also and want to show us what your character looks like, by all means we’d love to see your work!

*Also, feel free to make up your own countries if you like for your character histories. I don't really mind...

Character Template:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Kawaiikneko

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:47 pm

Name: Imperator David Vagnier Morticus (although he hates his full title and prefers to be called Imperator by lower subordinate and David by his closest subordinates, ie. generals and advisors)
Appearance: Always well-groomed and not a hair out of place, at least in the public eye. When around the small group of people numbered as his friends, he is shockingly casual and unkempt. His short brown hair tends to rebel against his best efforts (which makes his put-together look all the more impressive for those who know him personally). He has narrow blue eyes and a gaze that often makes people feel inferior even when he doesn’t mean to do it. Towering at 6’1â€
Kawaiikneko

Postby Wind » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:07 pm

Name: Rayne
Appearance:Image
Personality: Sweet, quirky, quiet until she gets to know people She is perhaps the youngest of the freedom fighters and carries a sword that's twice her size
History: She is an orphan who was taken in by Thomas and sheltered by him
Extras: She has a pet wolf Named Gatfian
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:40 am

Accepted! :]
Kawaiikneko

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:49 am

Name: Kianna Strider

Appearance: She has brunette hair that runs past her shoulders. It is always kept in a bun with two chopsticks that seem to hold it in place. She wears only her military uniform unless going to sleep of course. She is 5'4" with slightly paler skin than most. Tone due to her own physical prowess, she holds more strength than appearances merit.

Personality: She is quiet and reserved. She is also demanding and strict to her subordinates and does not like sloppy work. A quick mind and quick tactic. She holds compassion only for those who can not fight for themselves and urges her soldiers to become better than they even think possible. She does demands absolute obedience.

History: She kept an eye on David as he rose through the ranks of the revolution. Her own parents had known him and joined his cause but were quickly killed by enemy forces. She rose through the ranks of the Magi special ops. Discontented with the laziness of these magic wielders, she was determined to make them battle ready without the use of their magic as well. She has a secret love for David that she
has never told anyone or even closely revealed. She specializes in the wielding of fire magic and is somewhat versed in others.

I may also do a character for Thomas' side
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:15 pm

accepted! And since she's in special ops she could probably know/know of the twins as well.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:01 pm

yes altho i'm going to imagine her disdain at them since they goof off and are "undisciplined" lol
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

Kunoichi

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:52 pm

Well they're very serious about their work so... we'll see how they play out in the RP. That could be funny though.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:29 pm

*smile that's what I figure..I'll just let my character's personality be what it is with their's.

Kunoichi

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:47 pm

Yeah half the time my characters don't turn out half-way like I planned. David and Evalyn are going to be the interesting ones in this bunch I think... I have a feeling they're going to develop minds of their own XD
Kawaiikneko

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:01 pm

lol i hear ya completely ^_^

Kunoichi

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:51 am

mmmm we definitely need more people before this can start.... tell your friends! Haha..
Kawaiikneko

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying