+ Scions of the Beast +

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby Nami » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:44 am

OOC: I lied in my last post! Here I go...

OOC2: Sorry had to rush off yesterday! I can finish this noaw.

IC: Eric blinked and smiled, he bowed back and watched her pause, he wondered what she was going to say and sighed, why were they always like that? He ran a hand through his wavy locks and then he started, watching the scene unfold between Phantom and Maxine, something had happened because she was now going into the cave. He blinked rapidly. What was going on?

-----
Chaucer gaped at Phantom, he knew the beast was heartless, but to allow those words to slip from his mouth, it was astonishing. He watched Maxine walk into the cave a a fit of rage overtook him, he grabbed Phantoms tank-top and slammed him into the cliff-side.

"How dare you hurt her like that! You know very well your face resembles Kisho! How dare you." He screamed, unable to hold back anymore, he punched Phantom in the gut, allowing his anger and rage from the years to pour out into the blows he applied to Phantom's abdomen.

"If it weren't for Kisho, I'd kill you!" He snarled, his teeth baring as he snapped at Phantom, desperately wanting to do more than punch the day-lights out of the man.

Phantom barely gasped at all the punches and blood trickled down his mouth, he grinned. "I know you Chaucer." he chuckled. "Please don't take me for a fool."

Chaucer felt his strength being over-powered by Phantom, and in an instant he transformed into a huge grizzly bear. Which he had never done in front of his group, ever. He snarled and let out a roar, that shook the very soles of the earth.

Even Phantom jumped in fear, his eyes widening, such a powerful beast...and then the attack was on.

------

Clara looked at Dalton skeptically, "I am Clara." she said calmly, "And...what purpose do you have int he group?" she had one hand on Callie's shoulder, her body-language said she was defensive. She blinked, the name jolting through her. "Maxine?" she turned slowly and looked toward the woods, whoever that girl was, she had twitched a cord in Clara, but she wasn't sure what it was that made her think she knew that girl from somewhere.

"The most mysterious you say?" She turned slowly back to Dalton, her icy eyes glaring into his. "How fascinating."

-----

OOC: Am I missing anyone?! D:
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Nami » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:56 am

OOC: Ok guys! I need to let you know that I can no longer post during the day at my work, its been forbidden sort've by all workers to use the internet unless they are doing official work, so I'll be posting every Monday, Thursday and Friday and I usually takes the weekends off! Thanks, and sorry! I'll try my best and I will succeed!
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Lil_Ninja » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:29 am

OOC: That's fine, Nami! :D

IC: Nathanael was startled by Chaucer's outburst and sudden transformation. He had never seen his friend act like this before, let alone turn into his anichi!
He didn't know if he should pull Chaucer off of Phantom, or assist him with beating the snot out of this low-life.
Every muscle of his strained to react in a similar manor as Chaucer did, but on the other hand, how would reacting like an animal help their situation?

His contemplation stopped when he saw Maxine's shrinking figure running into the forest. She was leaving because of this scum, and now Nathan was beyond ticked off.
He sprung to action, jumping on Phantom and trying to restrain him as Chaucer let loose on him.

Meanwhile, Conri was equally as shocked to see Chaucer's actions, though he didn't blame him in the least.
He pulled his pistol out and aimed for Phantom's leg. Just because he couldn't kill him didn't mean he couldn't wound him horribly.
He waited until he had a clear shot, took aim, and fired at Phantom's legs.

~~~

Nazari looked at Eva and felt a little pity for her. He figured she had either ran away or was abandoned. "Well, the upside with traveling in this group is that there is never a dull moment." As if on cue, a fearsome roar shook the cave.
Nazari knew something was wrong. "Stay here." He slowly stood and moved for the mouth of the cave. As he ventured into the daylight, he could see Eric in the distance. And past him was a giant bear.. He assumed it was an anichi. It was attacking Phantom, and it seemed Nathanael and Conri were helping.
But where had Maxine wandered off to?
He picked up on her scent trail, noting that it went into the forest.
He couldn't follow her though. Not after what he had just done to her. But someone had to before she got herself in danger!
He looked towards Eric, the only person that wasn't doing anything. Maybe he would go after her?

~~

Dalton smiled at Clara. "That's a beautiful name."
He did notice that her body language was defensive, but he chose to ignore it. "You could say that I was... Willingly kidnapped into the group." He laughed lightly. "I've been friends with most of these misfits for several years, and only recently have I been reunited with them."
He found it interesting how Clara reacted towards the mention of Maxine. "Fascinating indeed." He smiled. "Even with my skills in investigation, I still haven't been able to figure her out. And I've known her for several years. The older she gets, the more mysterious she becomes." He told Clara. "So tell me.. What brought you into our group?"
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Nami » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:42 am

OOC: heheh

IC: Eric's mouth dropped open at the sight of Chaucer, a huge grizzly, half the size of a mountain (OOC: not really) Eric stumbled backward, never had he seen such a beast before, it was amazing and terrifying at the same time. He stared as Phantom got pummeled by the team. "What the h-" he saw Nazari and anger flared, he hadn't realized the guy was back. He stomped over to Nazari.

"I can't believe you!" he said, "after all that we've been through, you go and kidnap Maxine! Then something freaky happens to Kisho! And this is all your fault!" he pointed at Chaucer's huge form. "Nazari, I've always liked you and respected you, but you've ruined the image of the guy I knew. Or maybe I was always blind to your ways." He crossed his arms, "Maxine ran off into the woods and no one seems to care!" he flailed his arms up.

Eric glared at Nazari, "I'm going after her! And if you leave this camp site, I have no idea what Chaucer will do to you!!" And with that Eric turned and ran full-head into the trees, chasing after his childhood friend.

--------

Phantom managed to dodge one of Chaucer's paws, until Nathan grabbed him. He snarled viciously at Nathan and swatted at his face. When Conri pulled out his gun Phantom lifted his legs and caught Nathan in the face with his knee.

Chaucer's other paw swatted Phantoms entire chest and Phantom screamed. "Agh!" he groaned gripping his open wounds.

Chaucer snarled then lunged again, but Phantom was quicker, he was ontop of Chaucer before anyone couldblink and he bit deeply into Chaucers neck and fur, which was difficult considering the thick coat of the bear. Chaucer roared furiously and spun around trying to get Phantom off.

Phantom bit in harder and ground his teeth into Chaucer's flesh.

-------

Clara stiffened at Dalton's compliment, this guy was getting on her nerves. She quirked an eyebrow, "Investigation skills?" she asked skeptically. "You are a detective? Why ever would they allow you in their group?" she blinked, what the heck was wrong with this man. Willingly kidnapped!?

Clara did not let any expression come to her face, but something glinted in her eyes, "I am not in your group." she said coolly, "I am here for something."

-----------
Spring was instantly on her feet, she ran to the entrance of the cave and saw Chaucer, she gasped and covered her mouth as Phantom bit into his thick fur. Tears welled into her eyes as blood poured down Chaucer's brown fuzzy coat. "No...no!" she whispered gripping the edge of the cave. "Stop, please stop!" she choked, she didn't see Eric's little storm at Nazari, or anything else, all she saw was Chaucer, her adopted brother/father, being bitten by someone or something brutal.

"Someone... make them stop!" she dropped to her knees and sobbed into them, she couldn't stand seeing the blood.

OOC: Woo! Fight scenes! Eric dashes off bravely! What will they all think? What will Phantom do next?! Will Chaucer make it!? XD
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Lil_Ninja » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:55 am

Nazari wasn't quite expecting that reaction from Eric of all people, but he probably deserved it. It looked bad no matter what viewpoint you had.
"You don't understand. I was doing this for her own good! That beast over there-" He pointed at Phantom, "might have killed her if-..." He exhaled sharply, looking away from Eric. "Forget it. I have my reasons for doing the things I did, and I don't need to validate them to anyone, especially you." His tone was cold, and his words bit, though he wasn't meaning to turn on Eric. Of all people, he expected Eric to understand... He always had.. But it seemed like everyone had a soft spot for Maxine these days.
He watched Eric as he vanished into the trees after Maxine.
What a sad group this was becoming..

~~~

Nathan dodged Phantom's swat, but wasn't able to avoid a knee to the face.
He could feel the blood gushing out of his nose, and the pain on top of it made him loosen his grip on Phantom. Tears blurred his vision, but he could see that Phantom was now aggressively attacking Chaucer.
Nathan couldn't hold it in any longer. He transformed into his marten anichi and jumped on Phantom's back, clawing into his flesh and biting down on his shoulder.

Conri couldn't get another shot in. Everyone was too close together. He transformed into his coyote form and bit down on Phantom's heel, yanking and whipping it around in an attempt to get him off of Chaucer.

~~~

Dalton smirked at Clara. "I'm the best detective I've ever heard of, actually." He said, feeling proud of his skills. "I'm one of them, there's no reason to not let me tag along. Besides, I'm a valuable asset to have." He smiled again, almost trying to impress the woman.
He felt a prick of suspicion when she told him that she was looking for something. He didn't know what it was, but he was going to find out. "Oh? Are you looking for someone? I could help." Though he did want to come of gentlemanly, he couldn't help but have an investigative motive as well.

Callie looked up at Clara with wide eyes. "But.. You are going to stay with us, right?" She was starting to feel an attachment to this woman. Almost like a daughter to a mother, even though she had only known her for a short amount of time.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Nami » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:04 am

OOC: ACKS! Where is Strafe and Derek!? D: I promise I'll be posting soon.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:49 am

ooc: How do I join this RP?
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby Lil_Ninja » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:00 pm

OOC: Idk where they went :/
It's cool. I still need to post in Unwind.. Lol

DD, go here to post your bio http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=48097
The only thing is, this RPG is coming to an end very soon. We're going to be making a similar RPG after though. :D
Do you know what's going on in the RPG?
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:04 pm

ooc: No. But if there's gonna be another RP based on this, I'll join it. It sounds alot like +Anima. ^^
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Lil_Ninja » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:03 pm

OOC: It is actually going to be based off of +Anima lol :D
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:33 am

ooc: AWSOME!! I LOVE IT!!!!
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Nami » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:26 am

OOC: Good! We can't wait to post it for you then ^^

IC: Eric rushed through the trees, he had to catch up to Maxine before she did something stupid. Which Maxine was bound to do. He pushed through the underbrush, not being quiet about it and saw a whip of her hair. "Max!" he called, charging forward, and getting a face full of leaves as a reward. "GAH! AH!" he tripped and fell.

"Darn it!" he jumped up and lunged through the thick foliage before slamming into something. "ouch!"

------

Phantom hissed loudly, like a mountain lion in pain, and fell off Chaucer. He kicked Conri in the face, and grabbed Nathan and ripped him off his back before throwing him. By that point, Chaucer was on him again. He slammed his paws into Phantom's chest, Phantom gasped as the air was forced from his lungs. he quickly choked in a breath before slipping under Chaucer.

Panicked Chaucer backed up trying to get Phantom out, but it was no use. Chaucer felt a searing pain and let out a vicious cry, rearing up on his back legs. Phantom slithered out from under the huge body and rolled off the side of the cliff. Steadily picking up speed as he tumbled. He only managed to slow himself down when he reached a branch sticking from the ground. Blood trickled into his eye and he looked up. Chaucer stood at the edge huffing and snarling. Phantom gave a weak grin and then, to Chaucer's shock, he dropped, falling straight down and into the trees.
-------

Clara narrowed her eyes, "you do like the sound of your own voice don't you?" She crossed her arms carefully watching this "detective." She smirked. "I seriously doubt that, but don't worry, I will find him." she felt watching her and looked down at the little girls words. Clara smiled sadly.

"Oh little one." she murmured, bending down to face Callie. "I don't know, who can say what the future will bring?" she gently squeezed Callie's shoulders. "No matter what happens, you will be fine."
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Strafe » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:38 pm

OOC: Heheh...

-Eva and Kanako-

All of the following events went way over their heads as they realized that they weren't really part of the group yet and had no idea what was going on. Eva crossed her arms and stuck up her nose in defiance, while Kanako sighed. It seemed as if they really were just side characters after all.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby Lil_Ninja » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:30 pm

Maxine pushed her way through the forest, her mind a blur of emotion.
As she moved through the thick foliage, she planned her next moves, how she was going to get Kisho back. There was only one way she could think of, and that would involve the crystal. She wasn't sure what she was going to do once she got to it, but she would figure that out when the time came.
Determination was now her driving force as she ran. It was the determination to get Kisho back, and rid the world of that monstrosity he called Phantom.
She slowed when she heard Eric yelling after her. It sounded like he was having a load of trouble. But she couldn't let him stop her...
She quickened her pace into a run, not wanting to have to face Eric and explain to him how one of his best friends has now turned into a cruel heartless monster.
When she heard Eric fall, she couldn't help but stop. She had to see if he was okay.
As she started running back to him, she was blindsided. The wind was knocked out of her as she fell flat on her back.
She sucked in a deep breath and sat up, seeing that the thing that knocked her over was none other than Eric, the "wilderness explorer" himself.
"Eric, what are you doing? Why'd you follow me?" She huffed, rising to her feet and extending a hand to help him up. "The forest is no place for a human. As you just experienced."

~~

Conri yelped as Phantom's foot connected with his jaw. He jumped back, snarling and bearing his teeth. He tried to get a hold of Phantom again, but before he knew it, he had jumped off the cliff. He moved over to Chaucer. "Are you alright?" He asked, examining his wounds. He looked horrible, even as a bear. Phantom really did a number on him.

~~

Nathanael tried to keep a grip on Phantom, but before he knew it, his small body was soaring through the air. He landed a good ways away, and rolled a few feet more before finally stopping. He rose to his feet and shook the dirt out of his fur. After waiting a few seconds to regain his bearings, he ran back to the others. "Where'd he go?!" He snarled, his eyes darting across the land. His heart throbbed in his chest as he searched for the man. He could feel his blood boiling and his anger rising.
Unlike Maxine, when he turned into his anichi, it was like an entirely different spectrum of his personality came out. In his animal form, he couldn't control his temper like he normally was able to.
He always found it odd that his normal attitude didn't reflect his animal's at all, though other anichis reflected their animals perfectly. He was cool and collected, whereas his animal was aggressive and dominant.
That was one of the reasons that he preferred not to transform. He hated not being able to control himself, especially in front of the others.

~~

Dalton smiled, humored by her her retort. "Well then, as long as you find him I guess." Even if she hadn't said much, he at least knew she was looking for a man. But which one? He would figure that out soon enough.

Callie sighed. "Well, I know I'll be okay! Balto will make sure of that!" She smiled, patting her wolf's head. "But what about you?"

~~~

OOC: Strafe, try to communicate with the others so you can get more involved!

IC: Nazari didn't bother to talk to Spring, or go to aid the other part of the group that was battling Phantom. He just stormed back into the cave and sat down near Evangeline and Kanako. "This group is made up of sad, sad people.." He crossed his arms and leaned against the cave wall.
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Strafe » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:55 pm

OOC: I know. I was just kidding and needed to post something to let you guys know I was alive.

-Evangeline and Kanako-

They stopped trying to be cool outsiders when the snake came back and plopped against the wall. Kanako blinked, looked at Nazari, then to the battle, then back to Nazari. She smiled awkwardly. "Ano... Mr. Nazari, isn't it a bit strange that there's a large fight and you're not... doing anything about it?" Kanako leaned forward earnestly.

Evangeline nodded matter-of-factly. Then she froze. A fight? Where? What had happened? She looked around frantically to watch Kisho get smashed in the stomach. She ran.

"NO!"

Instantly, she became a fox, and sprinted as fast as she could to the brawl. It was too long, and Eva watched as Kisho, for every blow that he delivered, was outnumbered and was pummeled accordingly. She watched as he fled from his attackers and went to the edge of the cliff. He was trapped.

Or not so, as he smiled and jumped off down into the trees. Eva couldn't help but smile, realizing what kind of man she had fallen for. So dashing, Kisho was. And then Reality snapped in, adrenaline burned, and she rushed after Kisho, jumping down from the cliff as well into the dense foliage below.

OOC: Well Eva is pretty impulsive I guess... and is clueless to this Phantom Business.
Strafe

Postby Nami » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:42 am

OOC: XD YAAY! Strafe, that was awesome XDD YAY! i'm glad you are alive man! D: I was worried.

IC: Eric sputtered and spit out leaves, then looked Maxine in the eyes, before taking her hand. "I don't care! The forest is for anyone." he stood shaking the twigs from his wavy hair. "MAx, you can't just run off like that, you scared me." he dusted his shirt off.

"Where are you intending to go anyway?" he cocked his head.

------

Chaucer huffed heavily and turned his head to Conri, slowly he transformed. "Agggh." he groaned, holding his side. "I think..." before he could finish he watched Evangeline lunge off the edge after Phantom. He jumped to grab her, but missed. "No!!" he shouted after her. "That stupid girl!" he winced and fell onto his side, blood soaking the rocks. "Ugh..."

Spring charged toward Chaucer, "we can't move him until we get him bandaged, he's lost too much blood." tears streamed down her face as she forced herself to speak. "C-Conri, do you know of anything that can help?"

She looked at Nathan and held her hand out, "he jumped off." she said, trying to calm him.

Chaucer snorted, "I've had worse than this," he chuckled and then coughed.
----

Clara stiffened and glanced at Dalton, before smiling at Callie, "I am a grown woman, I'll be OK." She hugged Callie tightly and then stood up, she faced Dalton. "I know what you are seeking, and you will probably find it. But, before you go forcing your way into others business, you should know I don't appreciate having my business exposed."

OOC: These two banter while battles occur XD

----

IC: Phantom fell feet first through the trees, he tried to grab a tree limb, but they snapped. He was going too fast for the branches. Phantom closed his eyes and willed himself to grab onto a branch, suddenly his hands snapped onto a limb and he held on for dear life before he dragged himself up onto the thick limb. He heard a pursuer and looked up in time to see a fox.

Phantom knew who it was instantly, he also knew she would crash. He didn't care really, but something took hold of him, he knew instantly that it was Kisho who forced his arms out and grabbed the little fox before she met a devastating fate.

He cradled her in his arms and pushed back against the tree, Phantom inwardly snarled at Kisho for making him save her. But Kisho was silent.

"Are you crazy?" Phantom asked, looking down at Eva. Blood dripping from his wounds.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Strafe » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:16 pm

OOC: Yay! Character development!!!

-Evangeline-

The ground came closer, seconds after she blindly leaped off the edge. The wind rushed into her face, making her eyes water. A little bit lower was Kisho, who couldn't see her, and frantically caught on to a branch. Seemed easy enough. She reached out her hands to the branch as she neared it and grabbed it with all her strength.

A massive shockwave of pain coursed like lightning through her arms. She yelped in surprise and consternation, hugging her numb arms. She winced, not realizing what had happened for several moments too long.

She was falling to her death. There was nothing between her and the ground. And the ground came closer still. Eva shut her eyes tight. She was falling head first, at breakneck speed. It was over. She did not scream, but only tears streamed out softly, flying away as she fell. She didn't realize that she was crying.

But it was strange, Eva thought, the moments before death. She could think so clearly, like vivid pictures of glass in her memories. Her fifth birthday, the first day of private school, her piano teacher, her favorite tea leaf, imported from Bombay, then Kanako. She smiled sadly. Kanako would probably take this the hardest.

Her parents would probably be called and told that their daughter had committed suicide. Strangely enough, she missed her parents at that moment, and the thought brought another wave of sorrow over her falling figure. They were the ones who loved her first. But Kanako was the one who loved her the most. It was terrible to imagine her biological mother looking at her body, but it was even more heart wrenching to see Kanako, her real mother, sister and friend, staring forlornly at her surrogate daughter's body.

It was also a shame, that she would die having never been loved romantically. She thought then of Kisho and Maxine, together in love forever, while she watched from beyond the grave. A rage burned in her chest. Why? Why was this happening to her? What could death possibly want from her virgin soul, never having loved nor been loved? Was there some cruel joke played by the devil over her entire life?

It was too much to let go. Eva raised her voice and screamed at the top of her lungs. It was too early to die. She had people to live for. Someone who loved her for what she was. It was her last cry of defiance against death itself. And it was to be in vain. Evangeline closed her eyes to die.

---

Moments passed, it seemed her death had been painless, but she was still conscious afterwards. She couldn't move her body, and so she supposed she had none. It was pitch black, death was. It was fortunate that she did not have to see anyone react to her body at least. It was over wasn't it? She thought. Her soul smiled sadly, unsure of what to make of her own life. It hadn't been anything. She never had gotten the chance. She cried.

"Wait... what?" Evangeline's eyes shot open as she felt hot tears still streaming down her face. Everything was blurry, but she had eyes. She was alive. But how? The blurry wetness cleared and she could see.

She was in the arms of an angel, a strong guardian who had saved her.

No, it was even better. She was in the arms of Kisho. Kisho had come to rescue her. To rescue her. Her alone. Her life had been saved by Kisho. Evangeline ran the line repeatedly through her head. She was so overcome. It was too much to take. Joy overflowed like water, bubbling out from within her.

"Are you crazy?"

Yes. Yes she was. Without a word, Evangeline wrapped her arms tightly around Kisho, and sobbed into his strong chest.
Strafe

Postby Lil_Ninja » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:07 pm

Maxine turned her face away from Eric. Did he even know what happened?
Her anger rose up again as her thoughts dwelled on Phantom. She narrowed her eyes and turned back to him, but before her spite attacked an innocent person, she thought better of it and closed her mouth. He didn't deserve her anger, he had done nothing wrong. He had even come to check on her, and that was more than she could say about anyone else back there.
"I'm sorry, Eric.." Her expression softened considerably at him. "I didn't mean to scare you, I just-... I couldn't stand being there any longer--around him.." She sucked in a deep breath, pushing away the emotions that were rising again. "And I'm not talking about Nazari. I'm talking about-.. Kisho." She knew she had to clear things up for Eric, for his sake. "I know you're probably furious at Nazari by now, but you shouldn't be." She held up her hand before he had a chance to cut in. "Hear me out, okay? I know what he did looked bad at every angle you could see it, and I admit I didn't understand either, until now." She hoped Eric would be able to understand what she was about to explain to him. "He was trying to protect me from Kish-" she stopped herself, "no--from Phantom. A creature that has been haunting Kisho ever since I've known him, if not longer. Nazari knew that Kisho was loosing control of the creature, so in order to protect me, he kidnapped me, so to speak." Her words were full of suppressed emotions. She tried to get a good handle on them before any accidentally seeped out. "Though his efforts failed, I still wanted you to know why he did what he did before you did or said something you'd regret later." She exhaled, glad she was able to get it all out.
"As for where I'm going-.." She paused to scan the surrounding area. She pointed towards the direction she had been heading before. "That way. Towards a crystal or something that I'm figuring will help me bring Kisho back." Her expression was suppressed as she spoke. She turned to leave, pausing momentarily to look over her shoulder at Eric. "You should head back before you get hurt.." She adjusted her backpack and started walking again, away from Eric.

~~

OOC: Well, I'm glad you're alive, Strafe! Lol
Ahhaha, I love Eva's post!! XDD

IC: Nazari exhaled sharply as his stone expression settled on Kanako. "They don't want my help, so I won't give it. Simple as that." He told her in a harsh tone. "Besides, I'm practically helping by staying out of it. They're almost done anyway. No need to fuss." His demeanor was arrogant and hard headed as he sat there, refusing to aid his persecutors. "But if you're so worried about them, why don't you go help, hmm? Or does the fact that they're anichi intimidate you?" He knew he was coming off rude, but he didn't care.
He almost laughed out loud when Eva ran out of the cave. "I guess she took me a bit too seriously, eh?" He smirked, his arms folded and his ankles crossed.

~~

Nathanael froze when he saw the state Chaucer was in. "He did this.." He snarled under his breath. "And he's going to pay." He hissed, charging at full speed towards the cliff edge.
Conri ran ahead of him and cut him off. "Stop!" He ordered, his tone strong and commanding. "There's no use going after him, Nate! He's gone, and there's nothing we can do about that."
Nathanael glowered at Conri. "I can find him, I can track him down and make him pay for what he did to Chaucer and my sister! I'll-" Conri cut him off, "No! He'll get what he deserves later, but right now, you're needed here! Take a good look at what he did to Chaucer! He'll do the same to you, if not worse! Get a grip on your animal before you charge blindly into danger!"
Nathanael growled in his throat, casting his face downward. He knew Conri was right. His anger was getting the best of him, and if he didn't get a grip, he was going to do something stupid. He sighed heavily and nodded, cooling himself down. "I'm sorry. I lost my head." He turned and went back to Chaucer. "What can I do to help?" He asked Conri.
"Go to the cave and retrieve Nazari's bag. He has medical supplies that will stop the bleeding, and he has bandages." Conri instructed the little discolored marten, glad he finally got his priorities in check.

Nathanael did as he was told, staying in his animal form so he could get there quicker.
"Nazari!" He called, making a beeline to him. "I need your medical supplies. Chaucer is badly wounded." He had an urgency in his demeanor.
Nazari cocked his head, a look of humor crossing his face. "So it seems the tables have turned, aye?" His voice was full of arrogance as he spoke, a wry smile perched upon his lips.
Nathan narrowed his eyes at him. He didn't have time to play these childish games. "Can you please put aside this petty attitude and help him out? I will use force if necessary." It was a subtle warning that he was going to take what he came for with or without Nazari's permission.
"Fine, fine." He reached into his jacket and pulled out a bag that was just big enough to fit a couple of bandages and some other necessary items. He set it in front of him and went back to his previous posture. Slouching against the wall, arms crossed, a look of defiance across his face.

Nathanael grabbed the bag with his marten mouth and with in no time he was handing it to Conri (that had already transformed into his human form) who immediately took out various items and headed towards Chaucer. "Don't worry, pal. I'll have you patched up in no time." Conri smiled softly at him, removing Chaucer's shirt to reveal the wounds. "Now.. This will probably hurt, but bear with me, alright?" He began applying the different ointments and treatments to Chaucer's various wounds. "Talk to me, man. How are you feeling?"

~~

OOC: That's Dalton for you! Haha. Tryin' to solve petty mysteries whilst giant drama is taking place.

IC: Dalton smiled at her again. "Fair enough."
As Nathanael rushed in, the detective finally caught wind of what had gone down outside.
"What's going on?" He asked to no one in particular. He turned back to Clara. "I'll be back." He winked at her, then headed out of the cave and towards the rest of the group on the cliff. "What happened?" His detective mode was now on.

~~

Callie payed no attention to what was going on around her. Her main concern was with Clara. "Promise?" She asked, wide eyed and innocent. She couldn't allow this woman to be injured, not after she had gained a bond with her. She had to make sure she would be alright, no matter what. And she wouldn't be satisfied without a sure answer.
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Nami » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:18 am

OOC: I nearly died laughing at Eva!! She's so adorable. :3

IC: Phantom looked down at the little girl and sighed, he patted her back gently, knowing that it was what Kisho would do. "Why did you jump, silly girl?" he asked looking back up the way he came down. "You could have died." he winced as his wounds seared in pain, not from Eva, but just from turning his head.

Phantom dismissed the pain and looked down, they were hundreds of feet in the air. The very height dazed his already dizzy head. "Oh man." he muttered closing his eyes.

---------

Eric listened intently, he wanted to know the truth, these three had always left him out of everything and now it was just silly to do that to him, especially since they were all together in this journey. Eric opened his mouth to speak, but was silenced by Maxine, he waited patiently until she was done speaking.

"Wow... Kisho's being possessed by something other than his Anichi?" he whistled, "that's...crazy." Eric jogged up next to Maxine, "are you nuts? I didn't bush-wack my way out here just to turn around and go back. I couldn't live with myself. Besides, what are friends for but to be annoying?" he grinned and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"No worries Max, there are some things you just don't know about me." he winked and strolled next to her.

--------

Chaucer grunted as he watched the dispute, thank God for Conri. He paused, he hadn't really stopped to thank God for much lately. It had all been a blind journey across the land to reach this unknown source, that may or may not save the Anichi. He frowned and struggled to sit up, but Spring held him down while Conri applied medicine.

"I'm fine," he breathed, wincing, "I was just thinking...I haven't prayed or thanked God in years." he chuckled, and regretted it. "You all, we have been on one heck of a journey.. and I'm so...privileged to be with you all." he smiled softly, and looked at Dalton.

"Just a bit of roughing up, old chap."

Spring glowered, "Phantom broke loose didn't he?" she questioned, Chaucer glanced at her hesitantly, and then nodded. "I knew it." She said calmly. Spring felt sorrow for both of the souls who felt pain, Kisho and Phantom, they were both struggling to survive.

"Will he be OK?" she asked Conri, her eyes filling with tears.

-------

Clara looked at Callie, "I promise." she whispered. "Something's happened." she sniffed the air, "I smell blood..." she hesitated. "I'll just ask that rude, Dalton fellow when he gets back." Clara smiled down at Callie and sat on the stone floor, she patted her lap. "Come on, let's sit until this ruckus ends."
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Lil_Ninja » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:37 am

Maxine sighed, knowing she couldn't talk Eric out of tagging along. "Hah, and to think I thought I had you all figured out!" She smiled at him as they walked, probably the first smile since all of this happened.
"So are you trying to tell me that secretly, you're a wilderness explorer?" She teased him, reaching out and ruffling his hair. "How cute!"
She always could count on Eric to cheer her up. He really was a good friend. Her smile widened at the thought. It was nice to have people to count on.

~~

Conri smiled weakly at Chaucer. "We all have things we need to thank God for." He said as he continued to clean the man up. "It's a reward in itself to have you with us, Chauc." He returned his smile.

Dalton took mental notes of the scene. "So this was Kisho's doing. Interesting." He scanned the area and started studying the land. The tall grass was a mess from their fight. Pressed against the ground, covered in blood. It was a horrible sight, really.

Conri looked up at Spring and smiled weakly. "I'm sure he'll be fine." His face displayed a smile, whilst his voice hinted at worry. As he went back to work on Chaucer, his smile slowly faded, but not noticeably so for her sake. He relaxed his tense expression when he realized that Chaucer had a good view of his face. He cleared his throat and grabbed the bandage from the bag. "I'll need you to sit up so I can bandage you up."

Nathanael turned back into his human form, immediately feeling a relief from his anger. He took some deep breaths and regained his normal, layed back exterior. He went over to Chaucer and helped him sit up.
Conri began bandaging him up. It didn't take long before he was finished. "You should be alright. I'm a little concerned with you traveling with these deep wounds though. Maybe we should call it a day and see how you are tomorrow? Give you a little time to heal." Conri suggested as he put the supplies back in the bag. His hands were bloodied up from Chaucer, and his shirt sustained some stains also. I'll have to head down to the creek before I go to the cave. I don't want to scare the others. He thought.

~~

Callie felt better once Clara promised, but a tinge of worry still held on to her.
Blood? Her eyebrows drew together as her gaze found the cave entrance and beyond. Not to worry though.. She thought, the others can handle it..
She smiled at Clara as she sat next to her. "Aw, Dalton's not that bad! He's just.. Different." She explained, as if the woman hadn't noticed.
Balto came along side of Clara and layed down against her, his tail wagging and eyes looking up at her.
"He wants you to pet him." Callie told her with a giggle. "I think he's starting to like you!" She smiled, reaching across Clara to pet her giant wolf.

~~

Dalton walked back to Conri and Chaucer finally. "Can I help at all?" He asked, knowing there was a good chance he wouldn't be able to.
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Nami » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:47 am

OOC: Oooh! I so want to reply!! D:
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Strafe » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:28 pm

-Kanako-

She nodded weakly, making sure not to talk back at the man. She was always taught not to be rude. Even though she had words to say, even though she was hurt by his words, she could not react. It was not the proper thing to do. She smiled awkwardly, and answered meekly. "Ok." It was always best to let others have their way.

Or was it? She could not deny that the man was incendiary, and that deep down, she wanted to strike back at him for his lack of decorum. She paused for a moment thinking of what to do. Perhaps, what would Eva have done.

But she had no chance to reply, as just then, Eva jumped up and ran out of the cave.

Kanako reached after her. "Wait! Eva!" She got up quickly and held her skirts, rushing after her mistress, leaving the snake behind. But it was too late. She was gone. She searched around frantically, calling out. "Evangeline!" at the top of her voice.

-Evangeline-

She looked up at her savior weakly and blushed madly, eyes still gleaming with tears. She sniffled. "Um... well... I dunno. I saw you jump and then well..." She fished around for words to say, not finding anything appropriate that would make her look any better. "I guess I wanted to go with you and I... It's because I L-l--" She caught her tongue. "Because I..." She felt him wince, and she looked at him worriedly.

"Hey... are you ok--" She looked down as he looked down.

"WAH!" She clutched for dear life at Kisho. "Save me! We're going to die!!!"
Strafe

Postby Nami » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:21 am

Eric grinned, "that's right I am!" He blew some stray hairs from his face after Maxine ruffled his hair. He chuckled and glanced at her, she was smiling. That was good. "Well this is fun, us bashing through the forest, unafraid!" he looked over at her. "oooh! I think I saw a mountain lion."

-------

Chaucer smiled back at Conri, he was so blessed to have such good friends surronding him, mist covered his eyes as he felt the tears coming. It wasn't because of the pain, but because he had never had so many friends. When Chaucer had first met this group of misfits, he had been the mature one, the one who guided them. He had saved them from many pitfalls. And now, they were saving him. Chaucer let the tears fall without bothering to wipe them away. He was not ashamed of his tears.

Spring nodded, trying not to cry harder, she watched them bandage Chaucer and she waited, wanting to help. "I'll go make room for him in the cave." she said quickly, jumping to her feet, she ran back to the cave and began searching for a blanket to lay out. She tripped over Nazari in the darkness.

"Meep! I'm sorry." she said, straightening. "H-have you seen a blanket?" she asked.

------
Chaucer winced, "as much as I want to tell you we need to go, I know we can't. Conri, Nathan... I want you two to follow Eric and Maxine. Heaven knows what will happen to her if she is left alone." He struggled his arm up to his inner pocket and pulled out the book, "Kisho gave this to me, he was guiding us to a Crystal...some sort of power-source." he pushed the book into Nathan's hands. "I need someone to watch over it while I rest." He smiled and coughed. "These wounds will take a few days to heal. I won't be a burden. You two, or at least one of you, needs to go after Max."

"I don't want to see her hurt anymore." he murmured. Chaucer looked up at Dalton and half-smiled, "no, my friend, its fine. Thank you though. Oh, but you could look after the others for me...please?" his eyes twinkled, "they will need someone with a good eye to look after them." He winked at Conri.

------

Clara snorted, "Dalton seems like a very full of himself man." She stiffened as Balto lied down next to her. "Pet him?" Clara lowered her hand gently and placed it on his head, slowly she stroked him.

"He's very softy." she murmured.

------
Phantom groaned in pain when she clung to him, "Its OK!" he said through gritted teeth, "we aren't going to die, but we may if you keep moving around." he held Eva with one arm and looked up at the tree. "I need to heal before I can move." he muttered, "Eva, do you happen to have any healing things on you? Bandages?" he arched a brow.

"Don't be afraid, you are fine with me." he winced again as a sharp pain edged its way up his spine.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Strafe » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:14 pm

OOC: Lol. I remember I was writing that Eva had ice powers, but now she's a normal fox, since no one else has superpowers other than being Anichi. If she had ice powers, she could have put a cold compress on his wounds, but not so anymore <_<. I have a better idea though.

-Evangeline-

She was still trembling, and couldn't move. It was scary. She wanted to get away to a safe place, but they couldn't move.

But when Eva noticed Kisho wincing at her hugging him, she backed off quickly. "Um... healing things... I don't think I have any," she said. She had left the bandages with Nazari. "But I could make bandages for you... here."

She took her frilly expensive dress, now ruined and torn. The edge of the skirt part would make a fair enough bandage. The dress cost at least several hundred dollars, but it was worth it if it was for Kisho.

The sound of ripping silk. Her skirt part was shorter now. Gently, she wrapped the black silk around Kisho's wounds, and tied the ends together. The silk became bloody, and Evangeline could see the money being wasted, but it was alright, if it helped in the end.

"There. It's not the cleanest thing, but it should help."
Strafe

Postby Lil_Ninja » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:24 pm

OOC: Sorry for not posting in a while!! I'm back for the most part now! :D
Feel free to start moving the scenes along or adding drama to it. It's starting to get dull.

IC: Maxine laughed at Eric. "Yeah, mountain lions are common in this area." She teased him, a wide grin covering her face. "Though we should probably avoid them so you don't get eaten. That would stink, because then I wouldn't have anyone to accompany me, and that's just plain boring." She grinned, thuroughly enjoying poking fun at Eric.
"Come on, let's quicken our pace. If we keep a good speed, we might make it to the next town before nightfall." She told him as she picked up speed, making sure to not go too fast for him.

~~

Nazari was caught by surprise as Spring tripped over him. "Careful!" He said in an almost harsh tone.
"A blanket?" He raised his eyebrow. "Now how in the world am I suppose to know something like that, eh? Do people think I'm a supply closet or something?" He folded his arms and sighed. "Okay fine, there's one in my backpack." He opened his bag and pulled out a small blanket. "I expect it back when you're done." He huffed.

~~

"I'll go after Maxine and Eric, and Nate can stay here. We can't afford losing two more men in the group. As it is, you and Nazari are wounded, which would only leave Dalton and a group of girls." Conri said in reply to Chaucer's request.
"No, I'm her brother. She's my responsibility. The group needs you more then they need me." Nathanael said, knowing that his place was to go after her.
Conri shook his head, "Okay, you go. I'll take care of the group."

As Nathanael left, Conri helped Chaucer head towards the cave. "What's so special about that crystal anyway? Psycho Kisho seems to be obsessive of it."

~~

Callie didn't understand the term Clara used, but she figured it was something negative. "He really is nice once you get to know him!"
She smiled when she saw Clara pet Balto. "Yeah, he's the softest wolf I've ever met!"

~~

Dalton followed Chaucer's orders. He went back to the cave and kept a close eye on everyone, especially Clara. It was his specialty, watching out for suspicious activity.
Though.. He figured they wouldn't mind if he made conversation whilst keeping an eye out..
"Hello again." He smiled, walking back to Clara and Callie. "There's no need to worry any further, everything has been delt with outside. The guys are heading back as we speak."

~~

Nathanael transformed into his marten form and rushed off towards the woods. It took him a while, but he finally found her scent trail and started following it. "Where are you headed?.." He murmured as he tracked her through the forest.
He wasn't the greatest tracker around, but he usually could find what he was looking for, it just took him longer than others.
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Nami » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:25 am

OOC: YAAY! SOrry this is slowing down... *thinks of how to add Drama*

@Strafe: Oh whoa powers, XD that would have been different ahaha.

IC: Phantom watched Evangeline work and he heard the delicate tearing of the silk threads. "You are making quite a sacrifice for someone you barely know." he murmured, the pain easing a bit once the wounds were wrapped. "Don't worry about the cleanliness of it. I'm not squeamish." he looked down, "but we need to get moving." He grabbed her around the waste.

"Hold on!" he jumped from the tree flying from one limb to another, his feet making much more calculated steps than when he had simply dropped off the ledge. He stopped five-feet above the ground and then landed softly on the grass. "You can turn back if you want." Phantom said, "this journey won't be easy."

------

Eric grinned and continued faster with Maxine, he liked a challenge and this was most definitely a challenge. He looked at Maxine and cocked his head, "what exactly is Phantom after?" he asked, "I'm not really well informed." he shook his wavy hair from his eyes.

--------
Spring blinked, trying not to cry, "... I'm sorry." She murmured, then she perked up. "Oh thank you!" she searched his bag and pulled one out. "It might get a little bloody." She warned. Spring lay it down a little farther back in the cave and came back toward Nazari. "Are you alright?" she asked, bending down to examine his wrapped wounds. "She did a good job." she whispered.

------

Chaucer nodded and winced at Conri helped him to his feet, he glanced at Conri, "That would be Phantom," he murmured, "the demon that lives inside of Kisho's body, controlling him now. Kisho must've lost control when Nazari kidnapped Max." he breathed deeply trying to mask his pain. "Its a power source or something... I believe the book said it was something like the power for Anichi. Its almost like it brings Anichi to life or keeps them alive. Something to that effect. And as for why Phantom wants it... well, I don't really know...but it can't be good."

----------

Clara smiled softly at Callie and stroked the wolf, "I'd have to agree." She looked up when Dalton returned. "Oh really?" she said calmly, "then why do I still smell blood?" She glanced around him. Clara's eye sharpened, "All the men are coming back?" she asked curiously. Something twitched inside of her and she knew, that her mate was no longer out there, even though she had sensed him nearby. She wondered, just what these Anichi had done with Phantom.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Strafe » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:47 pm

-Evangeline-

She nodded. "Yeah. We should get goi--" She gasped as Phantom grabbed her thin waist and started jumping down the trees. She didn't even have time to blush or act bashful before they reached the ground.

She hesitated. "Uh... yeah. Thanks. But I'll stick with you for now, I think. Nothing I do at this point would be easy anyways." She looked away awkwardly, and began to move with him, trailing slightly behind.
Strafe

Postby Nami » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:17 am

Phantom studied the young girl for a moment and then walked on, he became lost in his thoughts as he marched through the thick wood. His first goal was to get to the Crystal and finally be released from Kisho's retched form, once he had his own body back he would be much stronger. The thought of this sent a shiver of excitement through his body and he grinned viciously without realizing it.

Yes, soon enough he would be back to his body, he hadn't been in his own form since Kisho had murdered the one night he had been unable to control Phantom. He chuckled, that had been a glorious night of blood and gore. Phantom closed his eyes, reliving the screams of the people as they realized this creature was almost untouchable. Kisho had screamed and cried and hid away from his fellow Anichi for weeks, suffering alone and trying to rid himself of the evil curse that was Phantom.

He considered this, Phantom was older, much much older than Kisho. At the time Kisho had only been a child, a small little boy of ten. Yes, seeing all that must've scarred him. Phantom shrugged it off, what did he care? Kisho was his capture and he would probably not take pity on him when he was released.

Phantom came over a hill, they had walked far even though he hadn't realized it, he looked back at Evangeline to see if she was still with him.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Lil_Ninja » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:04 pm

OOC: Sorry I haven't been on here to reply, internet is strict right now. I have a short time to post right now though, so I'm going to make the best of it. I'll try to get on more now that the computer is hooked up though.

IC: Maxine's expression grew dark at the mention of him. She exhaled sharply as she kept her eyes fixed on the path ahead, a fierce determination could be seen in her eyes. "The crystal we're headed for. I don't know why, but I have a strong hunch it has to do with Phantom breaking free from Kisho." The name tasted bitter on her tongue, and she swallowed hard to get rid of the feeling.
Her mind was numb as she freely spoke the words lingering in her thoughts. "He was also searching for a--girl.. His soul mate" She almost spat the last words out. They were like poison to her. Her emotions started getting the better of her the more she talked, and before she knew it, she was practically crying again.
The words flowed out faster and easier now, as if she couldn't stop herself. The thoughts were flowing right from her mind to her mouth with no consideration in between to if she should even be telling him this. After all, she hadn't seen him in several years; could he even be trusted anymore? It didn't matter to her at the moment though. She needed to vent, and he was an open target. "I've really been trying to remind myself that it's not Kisho doing all of this, it's Phantom, but it's starting to get harder and harder to determine between them, you know? I'm wondering if Phantom has had a better control of Kisho than I had thought, controlling his words, his actions.. Has it really been Kisho this whole time, or just another one of Phantom's lies? After all, Kisho has been battling with that monster ever since I've known him." She sniffed, wiping her face with her arm. Her steps slowed as she spoke, and her hands became more expressive. "And what happens when the real Kisho comes back? Will he admit that all of the feelings he had expressed were a fabrication of Phantom to torment me even more? Where does that leave me, huh?" It seemed as if she couldn't wipe her eyes fast enough to rid them from the now constant flow of tears. She finally stopped and just stood there in silence, her cheeks wet, and her face taking on a pinkish tint. Even if she tried, her voice wouldn't allow any more words to come out; understandable ones at least. So she just stood in silence, staring at the rest of the path that lay ahead of them, shrouded by trees and covered by dirt and leaves. She had run out of reasons to be strong, and she had finally had a well needed breakdown. Of course, it was at the expense of an unknowing Eric.
She sniffed again and finally, her teary silver eyes met his dark blue eyes.

OOC: Haha, poor Eric. Always getting the councilor role.

I'll post with my other char's when I get another chance. For now, Nami, feel free to move things along.
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Nami » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:14 am

OOC: Strafe's been gone a while T_T

And Eric doesn't mind XD

IC: Eric was a little startled when she started to talk about the crystal, after all, he hadn't known she would trust him with that information. But deep inside, Eric felt trusted again and despite the words tumbling out of Maxine, he smiled. Eric listened to Max his eyes widening as he heard about 'soul mate' and the fact that she didn't know who was who, which was a disturbing thought really. But Eric knew Kisho would never torment Max this way, then when she stopped he did and watched her face. His eyes glanced around the woods and then landed back on her.

"Max," he said with concern and stepped forward, hugging her gently, "I don't... I don't think that Kisho is weak enough to let Phantom take him over just on a whim." he paused, gathering his thoughts, "no, I think... I think that Kisho has been battling him and probably very nearly had him caged." Eric thought about their reunion in town and remembered the look in Kisho's eyes, it hadn't been like when they were children. There was a subdued almost, calm look in Kisho's strange silver and alice blue eyes. Which had changed when Phantom took over Kisho, they had turned a dark threatening orange. How people had missed that, he wasn't really sure.

"Max, one time when we were younger, I was walking around town and I saw Kisho sitting in an alleyway, he was crying, but he probably won't admit that. I talked to him about what was wrong and he told me... he was afraid, afraid that you would hate him for the monster inside. Afraid that no one could ever love him again." Eric stepped back and met Maxine's silver eyes. "Do you know, he's been afraid his whole life... I could see it in the way he looked at you." he murmured, "there was so much pain and agony, he was calling out silently, praying that maybe, someday someone could love him." Eric ran a hand through his wavy hair.

"That someone, he was hoping for was you." Eric rocked back on his heels, letting that sink in and then he said; "The last thing Kisho told me before you all disappeared was that... all he wanted was for you... to not be afraid of him." he scuffed his feet on the dirt as the silence surrounded them. "Max, if you don't know by now that Kisho, the real Kisho, loves you. Then I don't know what to say. But that thing, Pantham or whatever, can't control Kisho's emotions, just his body." Eric's eyes snapped up to the trees, he had the distinct feeling that they were being watched, slowly his eyes scanned the woods after a moment his eyes shifted back to Max, "now, if this Crystal thing can really free Phantom, think of it like this... Kisho will be free too." He smiled.

"Everything's going to be OK! You'll see. Now, we better hurry if we want to make it to that Crystal before Phantom, I have no doubt he's on the move." Eric trudged on, wondering if Max would speak.

--------

"Are you doing alright?" Phantom asked Evangeline. He sniffed the air and an unexpected scent filled his senses. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, a cruel smile twisted his features and his eyes snapped open. "Maxine." he purred. "Eva," he reached out to her, "come here, I'll carry you. It'll be faster this way." he picked up her small body and cradled her in his arms before racing off down the hill. Even though he was moving fast, he didn't crash through the forest like a wild beast, but silently and deadly. He continued to track Maxine through the thickening forest.

Nearly an hour later, he caught up to the couple. His insides shook with triumph. Maxine would lead him right to the Crystal. Phantom listened to the conversation and muffled his chuckle. She really believed he could fabricate Kisho's emotions? That was simply... he froze, that was it, he could make her believe that Kisho had been lying this whole time... but how?

Phantom thought about this while Eric gave his reply, he watched them and then a startling thing happened, Eric's eyes snapped up at him and Phantom didn't move a muscle. Eric's dark eyes stayed in that spot for too long and then continued scanning the trees. 'I thought that boy was human!! how could he possible know I'm here' he thought, stunned. 'Hm, humans more powerful than I thought.'

OOC: XD "Pantham" AHAHAH!! Well, that gives Maxine something to think about~ Soon they can confront each other (Phantom and Max) and then!! We can come to the final chapter~
Yours Truly,
Nami

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying