+ Scions of the Beast +

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:20 am

Storm smiled happily at chaucer for doing a good job. He walked over to a tree and sat down for a minute. But when he was sitting down he smelled the air and he could smell a mountian lion.'Odd, I didn't know there were any mountain lion's in the area.'
-----------------------------
Jason looked calmly down at the little spider that had asked who he was. He extended his hand out peacefully out to the cute little spider and said,"Don't worry little one. I won't harm you. My name is Jason. And what might your name be?"
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby Nami » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:44 am

OOC: ARG! SO MUCH ADVENTURE XDD

IC: Phantom's body shuddered from the cold touch, but he recovered quickly, he didn't notice Conri giving Maxine the Antidote. "Thanks." He said to Evangeline. "I am Kisho." He said it, because well, Phantom just wouldn't blow over with these people. He looked up and spotted the hunters far off across the woods, they were gaining ground. Fast.

"I will Max." He stepped out into the light and there was a notable difference in him, his eyes were even more slitted than normal and his hair was now all black. He set Maxine down gently and looked at Nathanael. "Come watch over your sister, I'll take care of the meat sacks." he turned away from the group.

----------

Chaucer tried not to laugh at Dalton's excitement, even though this situation was dangerous it still amused him. "Very well if you believe you can." He looked down at Callie, his eyes lit up upon seeing the powder. "Upon my word young lady, you are quite resourceful." With a grateful smile he took the bottle.

"Dalton, take some of this with you, we'll use the rest."

The sound of the other joining them made Chaucer turn around, he smiled relieved and then his smile melted when he saw the change in Kisho and with a shock of realization he knew who it was. "No..." he whispered. Not daring to believe that Kisho had been forced out of his body by Phantom. He couldn't believe it, Kisho had to be in there somewhere. Darn Nazari! This was his doing.

Phantom walked closer to Chaucer and Dalton, "no need to do something rash, detective." He said coolly, his tone icy and hard. "I will take care of them...leave it all to me." he grinned, wickedly and Chaucer made a face in disgust.

Eric ran over to Maxine and fell by her side, "are you OK?!" he asked urgently.
--------
Spring eyed his hand but decided it would at least be decent for her to speak to him eye to eyes. She climbed into his hand. "I am Spring...Jason, what do you want with our group?" She blinked all her eyes and stared at the new Anichi. "You remind me of someone..." she murmured.

-------

Just as all seemed like it would explode on them, the woods got eerily quiet. Phantom froze, holding his breath. Then just as sudden it awakened with the sounds of baying dogs, guns firing, men screaming. A human ran into the clearing where the Anichi stood. Chaucer whirled.

the man stared at them, fear evident in his wide eyes. "Someone...stop her!" he screamed. It was his last. Something slashed through him at lightning fast speed, kiling him instantly. He fell.

Chaucer turned Callie away so she wouldn't have to see it, Eric winced and covered Maxine's eyes. Phantom stared at the man. Then whatever it was was gone, or at least hidden.

They all stood frozen, it had happened so fast, no one could have reacted.
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Lil_Ninja » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:59 pm

OOC: LOL! Eric is so funny, covering her eyes as if she was a child. XD
So. Was that The girl twisted killing them instead of Phantom? Interesting..

IC: Dalton turned to Phantom. "You can't take them all on though! You'll need help. The help of a trained distraction!" His words were not heeded. Phantom continued on his way, paying little attention to the detective.
"Was it just me, or did Kisho seem.. Different?" He asked Chaucer.

~~

The longer Maxine looked at Kisho's face in the light of the sun, the more she realized it wasn't the venom playing tricks on her after all, though she had prayed it was only that.
His hair had lost all of it's orange, and his expression was colder.
Even his voice had gotten deeper, though she hadn't noticed it at first because of the venom's effect on her.
Her expression slowly turned to one of horror as she watched him set her down and walk away, refusing to take her eyes off of him.
It couldn't be.. He promised!

Nathanael quickly went to his sister. "What happened, Max? Are you injured?" He asked, grabbing her hand.
She ignored him, along with Eric, using Nathanel's hand to to rise to her feet, though she was still a little uneasy. "What is he going to do to them?" She asked, though she already knew the answer.

Nathanael grabbed her shoulders and turned her towards himself, speaking again in a more serious tone this time. "Are you alright?"

Maxine exhaled sharply. "I'm fine." She turned towards Kisho once more.
"But Kisho.. He changed." Her expression grew darker.

Nathanael didn't even have time to respond to her before a flurry of gunfire and howling dogs was heard, and then a man was dead in the clearing.

Maxine used Nathanael to balance herself as she slowly pulled Eric's hand off of her face. "Who-.. What-.." She didn't even know what to say.Nor did the rest of the group.
Callie was frozen, her face buried in Chaucer's shirt, refusing to look at the horror that was in the field.

Conri's eyes searched the surrounding forest, then he ran to Chaucer. "We should leave before whatever did this returns."
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Strafe » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:51 pm

-Evangeline and Kanako-

A chill rushed down her spine, and Eva shivered. Someone was watching them. She turned quickly around, looking, smelling for an assailant, until her eyes locked into Maxine's. Her pale, silent face was far from expressionless, and it spoke louder than any words could. Eva understood it immediately. "Stay away from my man."

She smirked smugly back at the woman. Her smile said something like this, "Your man, huh? You think I would let him stay with someone like you? Why, I think I, of an affluent upbringing, am much more suitable for him. I could tame his wild side." Eva honestly believed that a 13 year old girl stood a chance in breaking up a long term relationship between two adults.

Kanako, not wanting to burst her dreamy fantasy decided to avert her gaze and keep walking.

"Kisho. Quite a nice name. Well, it is a pleasure to meet you." Evangeline feigned detached friendliness, so Kisho didn't see her hidden shyness.

But then as Kisho froze abruptly, Eva felt another chill run down her spine. This time, she knew it wasn't a jealous woman.

Then everything fell silent. There was no sound. Her eyes shot open. A man appeared. Kanako sprang towards her. She fell back hard. Kanako covered her, blocked her view.

Then sound returned, only to bring more silence. She laid, perfectly still, not bothering to care about her dress, which was long ruined. What had happened?
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby Nami » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:14 am

OOC: I'll post after Derek gets his in Ok guys? XD; I don't wanna leave him behind.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:28 am

Storm was getting a little excited. He didn't really know why. But the scent that was coming from somewere nearby was getting to him. It affected him and made him want to run around and laugh. Why would such a scent be affecting him and only him thought storm to himself. Looking up in the tree's nearby storm spotted a shadowy figure with his arm out talking to something on it."Odd."said storm calmly.
---------------------------------
Jason smiled sweetly at spring."Well I would hope you would find me familiar. Look over into your little group and tell me who I look most like. And take your time. I'm not in a rush little one."said jason happily.
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby Nami » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:13 am

OOC: Hey!! D: I'm in need of one more RPer for Unwind! So if you all have any friends you trust to RP well please give them the shoutout huh? Thanks guys! ^_^
@LilNinja: Ahaha! I know he's such a goof!!

IC: Chaucer would have answered Dalton if he had had the time, only the events had taken place and he had been too stunned. He looked at Conri and nodded weakly. "Yes, lets get going..." Chaucer hesitated, still holding Callie firmly.

"It's going to be OK." he whispered in her ear. He didn't know what was going to come but he knew one thing, he didn't want this new Kisho to join them. He would have to take Phantom aside and talk to him later and make sure he understood the situation.

"Where is Nazari?" Eric suddenly asked, looking down at Maxine as if he knew she had the answer to that question.

Chaucer blinked, startled, he hadn't even thought about the man. "Indeed..." he looked at Nathanael and wondered if Nazari had been behind what had happened to Maxine.

Phantom remained ramrod still, staring into the trees. A hissing filled the clearing and Chaucer jolted a bit. Phantom blinked calmly and a figure formed in the shadows. A feminine outline.

"I'll make sure you aren't followed." Her voice was like tinkling icicles. Hard and cold. Phantom stepped toward her, his eyes wide. He had thought she was dead, thought some Anichi had shut her down like he had almost been.

"Clara..." he whispered. Kisho on the inside twisted and kicked, if that one was free... he froze, he didn't want to think about that. Not at all. 'LET ME OUT!' Kisho screamed. Phantom winced.

And just like that, she was gone. Leaving the group alone once more.

Chaucer glowered at Phantom, "lets go. Nathanael, can you and Eric carry Maxine please? Unless of course she is feeling better?" He quirked a brow as he as he started moving.

Eric nodded but noticed Storm's odd behavior. "Storm...sup man?"

---------

Spring turned in his hand and blinked her eyes, she scanned over the group, her eyes passed Storm and then fell back on him. "Hmm?" she blinked, "AH! You are Storm's brother?" she turned back around to face him. "Jason...C'mon down!!! Storm would probably be happy to see you again!"
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:12 pm

((ooc: internet is messing up at home. I'm using my friend's iPhone hahahaha. Hey nami, remember what I had said about the female twisted and what phantom would do when he sees her? Wanna do that?? :D))
ic: Maxine didn't want to believe it. She refused. Kisho couldn't have let phantom out. They'd all be dead by now, right? But then.. Where's Nazari? Honestly, she really didn't want to think about him right now. Her thoughts were solely on Kisho and what would become of him. She turned her attention to Chaucer, her expression suddenly turning cold. "I'm fine." she huffed, taking a second to balance herself, then marching a few steps forward only to have one of her legs give out causing her to almost topple over. Lucky for her, Nathanael was right there to catch her, swiftly sweeping her into his arms. "Maxie, you don't always have to be the tough one all the time. Let me have a turn, huh?" He winked playfully, making her smile. She was glad to have her brother around to keep her sane. She hugged his neck as the group made their way into the mountains, lookng up at him now and then. She finally asked the question that had been plaguing her mind. "Nathanael?.." She looked up at him again, but this time his eyes met hers. "Do you think..Kisho.. gave in to phantom?.." she spoke slowly and quietly, afraid of his answer.
Nathanael scrunched his eyebrows together and turned his gaze forward, not wanting to see the pain in his sister's eyes. "I... I don't know, Max. Phantom's will is strong. Kisho wouldn't be able to hold him in forever. But you know he won't go down without a fight." he knew she wouldn't like the answer, but he had iveyive it to her straight.
She sighed, laying her head against him. "Im afraid for him, Nate.." she squeezed her eyes shut, her lip began quivvering slightly.
"I know." Nathanael held her delicately, feeling her pain.

They moved deep into the mountains, perfectly avoiding the other hunters. They spotted the cave finally and made their way in, using Callies special powder in the entrance to keep any hunting dogs away.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:00 pm

Storm looked calmly over at eric and said,"Nothing, just....looking around." He looked back at the shadowy being and watched him stand up with whatever was in his hand and storm could see cat ears on whoever the person was."Why do I recognize those ears?"questioned storm to himself.
-------------------------------------
Jason smiled and gently stood up letting his cat attributes out. His tail came out and so did his cat ears."I was wondering how long it was going to take you to realize who I was related to. I mean. It took you a few minutes."said Jason jokingly."I wonder how he'll react to seeing me after ten years."said jason patiently.

Derek_Is_Me

Postby Nami » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:47 am

OOC: Err, I forgot what we discussed Ninja >>;; could you pm me a reminder? Ahaha, my heads been to different galaxies all week and I'm still getting over all this junk going on ^^;; sorry.

IC: Eric blinked, "huh...well the group is moving, we should go too..." he looked up into the tree, "and that guy can come too." he said shrugging.
-------
Spring looked at Jason and nodded, "well I don't know how he will react..but my group is leaving. You should come with us and introduce yourself at our safe spot once we get there." She clambered up onto his shoulder, "just follow us Ok?" she smiled showing off her spidery fangs and then dropped out of the tree, onto Chaucer's head.
---------
Chaucer sighed heavily, now that they were safe some things had to be taken care of. He set Callie down, "Nathan, could you please take the rest of the group besides Conri farther down into the cave?" He gave Nathananel a meaningful look.

Phantom glanced at Chaucer, he knew all too well that Chaucer wanted to talk to him, and not to Kisho. But to him, Phantom. This gave him a little smile as he thought about it. Only, he wasn't sure the rest of the group would comply considering they all probably wondered about him now.

-----

OOC: For Nazari, you can have him meet my Twisted girl, she would help him. ^^
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Lil_Ninja » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:58 pm

OOC: Sent! :D It's no biggie hehe
Remember everyone, it's ok to make long posts! I love them! :D Lengthy conversations are grrrrrreat!

IC: Nathanael nodded in understanding. "Let's go everyone! Follow me." He led them into the depths of the cave where only their night vision would aid them. "Better get comfy here. We'll probably be here until tonight."
He set Maxine down gently on the cold cave floor and leaned close to whisper. "Don't fret, Maxie. I'm sure Chaucer will straighten everything out." His tone sounded sure, but his expression was far from it. Though in this darkness, she couldn't see his worry.

Callie hugged Nathanael's arm, looking up at him with her big brown eyes. She was terrified of the dark.
Nathan smiled at her and wrapped his arm around her. "It's alright, Callie. There's nothing in these caves to worry about."
She nodded him an okay but still kept close.

Maxine took that opportunity to slip away from Nathanael undetected. She transformed into her marten form and scurried to the cave entrance with partial difficulty. She was feeling much better now, but she was still wobbly. She kept to the shadows so she could listen in on Chaucer's conversation with Kisho. And the fact she wanted to speak with Kisho and she didn't want to take the chance of him running off anywhere before she got the chance.

~~

Conri turned to Chaucer, wondering why he was wanting him to stay. "Something wrong, Chaucer?" He folded his arms and cocked his head, his full attention on the man.

~~

OOC: Okay, Nami, I'll do that! :D

Nazari was having difficulty making his way through the woods. He had had to transform back into his human form because of the pain screaming through his body. And now he was at a stand still. His head still swam from all of the blows the Phantom delivered to it, and he was reduced to a folded over man huffing for breath with his hands on his knees.
After a couple of seconds of just listening to his surroundings, he heard something approaching him at an alarming speed.
"Kisho?" Come to finish the job, no doubt.
But no.. It couldn't be him. The smell wasn't right.
"Who's there?" He called out, adapting a defensive position. He was ready for anything at this point.
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:04 am

Storm looked at eric and smiled,"Okay, let's get going then. Don't want anything to stop us right now since we're in a hurry."
----------------
Jason smiled at spring and said,"I would be happy to join you." Jumping down from the tree he snuck up behind storm to surprise him. Reaching around storm he covered storms eyes and said in a deep voice."Guess who little one?"
----------------
Years of reflexes had taught storm to not trust anyone that touched him without him permitting it and he had also learned that when someone was behind him that he should drop them quickly and run. Reaching behind him storm grabbed the person's right arm and flipped them forward in front of him into the ground.
---------------
'Man, I guess I forgot how well I taught him when he was little.'thought Jason to himself. Getting up and walking over slowly to storm jason smiled and said,"Do you remember who I am little one?"
--------------
Storm stood frozen in place. He couldn't believe who was standing in front of him. It was his brother jason. After ten LONG years he had finally come back for him. Tears started to streak down his face while he ran towards his brother.
--------------
Jason smiled happily at his brother as he ran towards him. Reaching out his arms so storm could hug him when he got to him. Jason didn't expect what happened next.
-------------
Storm ran faster than Jason could see. All he saw was a blur before a fist connected with his face sending him twenty feet away into the trunk of a nearby tree. Storm shouted at Jason with accusingness lacing his words,"How could you leave me for TEN YEARS you jerk." Storm started to freely cry now tears streaking down his face while holding himself.

OOC-If anyone wants to jump in now with my chars that would be cool. XP

Derek_Is_Me

Postby Nami » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:22 am

OOC: I want to post but I'm worried about STrafe!! DD: Strafe! POST MAN!! Then I can post!! D: make Eva listen in too or something ^_^ I'll post and try to bring you in Strafe.

IC: Chaucer turned sharply on Kisho/Phantom once the others were gone, "Conri, this isn't Kisho." Even though the evidence said otherwise. Phantom lifted an eyebrow.

"Kisho has orange streaks, and this guy...doesn't." Chaucer glowered at him, "you are Phantom, Kisho told me about you. You are the Anichi that has been plauging him and never giving him a moment to breathe!" Chaucer snarled as he spoke. He was furious, so many times he had seen Kisho suffering from Phantom's mental attacks and finally the beast had overpowered him when Kisho had been weak. "You are evil. I have no idea what you are...but you are evil."

Phantom glanced at Conri and knew he couldn't convince him that Chaucer was wrong. He shrugged lightly, "so what? Kisho needed my help. He never would have found Maxine without me." he glanced toward the shadow's his super sensitive hearing picking up Maxine's nails stratching against the floor that couldn't be detected by Chaucer and Conri.

"What are you exactly?" Chaucer asked.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Phantom chuckled darkly. "I won't tell you, all I will say is that we are close...I can feel the buzzing power. I can almost taste my freedom." he closed his eyes and sucked in a deep breath. "Soon....very soon."

"I sense that you want to talk to me, Max." He opened his eyes and looked at her. "Why not speak your mind?"

Chaucer stiffened, "Maxine." He said tightly.

----------------------------------

Eric blinked rapidly as he watched the brothers go at it, "HEY! What the heck?! You guys this is no time for fighting! We gotta follow the group because if we don't we could be left alone to die. Can you handle your family issue after we get to safety?" He asked stepping between Jason and Storm.

---------------------

Spring looked at Eva, "hey...you are new. I didn't get to meet you yet." She smiled, back in her human form now. "I'm Spring."
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Strafe » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:42 pm

OOC: Lol. Sorry. Everything going on is just way over my head. I guess I came in way too late. I don't get anything. But thanks for the opening, Nami.

-Evangeline and Kanako-

She got up to find that whatever caused the commotion was long gone. Kanako helped her stand up, sighing in relief, still shaken, as she usually was. It seemed that they were safe for now, and things calmed down, and they continued walking. "Hopefully to a town, I would expect. I am honestly tired beyond belief," said Eva, whose feet were blistered by her tight shoes. Definitely not the best walking shoes. Kanako, wordlessly, took Eva upon her back. Eva was too tired to protest, and fell asleep soon enough.

Then she woke up. In a cave. In the mountains. Miles from a town, other people, a nice warm bed, and hot food. She blinked, trying to wipe away the disbelief, checking to see if it was merely a dream. The cave and other anichi did not disappear. It seemed Kisho was in a fight with someone. Kisho. Then she started forward, gasping slightly. He had seen her sleeping?!? She looked around quickly, worried, straightening her hair frantically, wiping the sleep out of her eyes, hoping to God that she hadn't done anything uncouth while she slept.

Kanako looked at her quizzically, before saying, "Ohayou gozaimasu. Or rather, Konbanwa." She smiled amusedly at her young mistress, who seemed to be frantic over something.

Eva looked at her seriously. "Did I do anything while I was sleeping?" She edged closer to Kanako. "Like did I drool or snore, or anything like that?" she whispered.

Pausing for a second, Kanako embarrassedly answered, "Ano... no. I don't think so." In truth, Kanako had wiped her damp shoulder a while ago, and tried her best to ignore Eva's loud sleep noises. She thought better of telling her mistress that, though.

Narrowing her eyes, before accepting her answer, Eva nodded solemnly. "Of course. I would never abandon my high station of grace and elegance, even in sleep."

Kanako wisely said nothing.

Just then, a woman walked over to her. "Hey...you are new. I didn't get to meet you yet. I'm Spring."

The woman who approached her had long black hair, with slight strands of silver, perhaps in her early twenties. She seemed... calm, not one prone to meaningless passions. Her eyes were sharp, intriguing somehow, and a slight air of maturity surrounded her. She seemed to be a respectable person.

Eva smoothly stood up from the cold floor, and adopted an air of detached politeness. "Ah yes. Hello. I am Evangeline Saint-Claire. Pleased to meet you." She stuck out her hand to shake.
Strafe

Postby Lil_Ninja » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:22 pm

OOC: Nami! You forgot about Nazari! Haha. Poor thing, lost in the woods. XD

Strafe, when I get time, I'll help you out with a little explanation of the characters back stories and relationships with each other. Right now though, I'm so busy, I hardly have time to post this. Monday though, the business should ease up.

IC: Maxine was in total shock at what Chaucer was saying, and then at Kisho (or rather Phantom) for going along with it all. It was happening so fast, she hardly had time to react. Her emotions couldn't decide what course of action to take. Whether it be bursting into tears and feeling betrayed, or marching up to him and slapping him out of sheer anger and frustration.
And then Kisho noticed her. He had heard her approach?
She transformed into her human form, and slowly walked to him, her eyes fixed on his. She didn't give a hoot that Chaucer and Conri were there. She needed answers, and she was going to get them.
For the first time, she really let herself notice the difference in him. It really wasn't Kisho anymore, but this beast he called Phantom. Tears spilled onto her cheeks as her hand partially covered her mouth. She could feel her throat tightening as she began speaking. "K-..Kish?" She felt like someone had punched her in the stomach. "Please.." She delicately placed her hand on the side of his face. "Please tell me he's wrong.. That it really is you... That-.." She paused for a moment, unable to proceed for a second. She swallowed hard, not caring that her tears were free flowing. "That you kept your promise to me.."
She had a look of desperation in her eyes, pleading him to say that it really was him and everything was going to be alright, but deep down, she knew she couldn't continue to lie to herself. He had let his beast out, and she couldn't help him anymore. It was as if her worst fear was coming to be.

~~

Conri wasn't shocked at what Chaucer said. Nazari had already explained the issue to him before they left. But seeing Maxine in that state wrenched his heart. He had never seen her so vulnerable, so hurt.. She rarely even shed a tear in front of him, let alone have a breakdown. He wished he could help, but he knew it was out of his hands.. All he could do was hopelessly stand and watch her heart break in front of their eyes.

~~

Dalton approached Evangeline. "Ah, I see you have finally awaken." He smiled at her, and put his hands on his hips as if he were addressing a child (though she was one). "I did not get a chance to say hello before. Well, my name is Dalton! And it's a pleasure to meet you!" He smiled at her, and then paused for a second to look around as if he was worried about someone hearing the next thing he was going to say. He leaned in and whispered to her, "I see you've taken notice of our valiant leader, Kisho." He smiled broadly. "I'd be careful with that one though, Maxine has already set her sights on him. Probably before you were even born. You're 13, right?" He chattered on, finally stopping for a breath and an answer.
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Strafe » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:41 pm

-Evangeline-

She smiled falsely, nodding at everything he said, pretending to be polite to the rather uncouth intruder. Though he may have been better dressed than everyone else, aside from nearly everyone's raggedy condition, he still seemed to lack a better dressed tongue. His comically exaggerative expressions, endless speech, patronizing demeanor, and lack of decorum irked her. Especially of the things he mentioned so openly. "Please at least have the decency to shut up," She thought.

"Yes, hello. My name is Evangeline Saint-Claire, and you are correct- I am 13 years of age. Pleased to make your acquaintance." she said, not extending her hand, looking at him coldly. "As for this ordeal with Ms. Maxine, and Mr. Kisho, I must admit that I do not quite understand what you are implying. Correct me if I am wrong, but are you perchance implying that they are already romantically involved?"

Eva leaned forward slightly in anticipation before quickly catching herself. "Oh wait." Eva mentally slapped herself in the face, shifting uncomfortably, and tinging pink. "That might have confirmed a bit more than I would have liked." She bit her lip nervously before calming down, clearing her throat and starting again, regaining her haughty demeanor.

"No. Excuse me. What I mean to say is, are you suggesting that I am looking at Mr. Kisho in an unseemly manner? I may be overstepping my boundaries in saying this, but I think that such matters are not fit as conversation between total strangers. Now if you would be so kind as to excuse me, as I am in the middle of another conversation that was quite rudely interrupted."

OOC: Sorry for verbally abusing your Detective, Lil_Ninja, but Eva is a meanie...
Strafe

Postby Nami » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:47 am

OOC: Sorry Nazari!! DD:

IC: The woods rustled and then silenced. Slowly, the air grew colder and suddenly a shot rang out, then someone lunged down from the tree and landed on the ground, not far from Nazari. Staying in a low crouch a feminine voice as cold and as beautiful as the snow said; "You are hurt...young Anichi." her eyes glinted. "I can help you. I smell Phantom on you..." she straightened and moved toward him, one-foot in front of the other, just like a cat.

She didn't smile but her face was beautiful, even without a smile. Something about her though gave off a vibe of danger. She glanced to her left. "You must hurry...the humans are coming."

---------------

Spring blinked at Dalton's interruption and felt rather irked at it, but she smoothed her ruffled feelings and smiled pleasantly. "Don't worry Evangeline, he is always like that. So you think Kisho admirable?" she nodded, "he is isn't he? He's rather like an older brother to me. Its nice."

----------

Phantom watched her touch him but didn't speak, he waited while she struggled with the truth. "I'm afraid Kisho just wasn't strong enough to find you, he gave in." he smiled, his cat-like fangs showing. "He only did it because he thought you were in danger and because he wanted to save you..."

Something strange happened then, Phantom's hand, out of no will of his own, reached up and touched Maxine's face, stroking her cheek. Startled, Phantom yanked his hand back, eyes wide.

Chaucer growled low in his throat, a threatening sound that was not missed on Phantom who smirked. "Worried Chaucer?"

"Of course I am." He clenched his fists, "Kisho is imprisoned by you and Maxien is suffering and you are putting us all in danger. What's not to be worried about?" He took a step toward Phantom, but Phantom didn't budge. Slowly he looked back down at Maxine.

"He only did it for you." he whispered.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Strafe » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:14 pm

OOC: I might as well say it now, but since no one else seems to have powers, Evangeline doesn't have them either... she's just a normal fox I guess. With nine tails... as normal as that is...

-Evangeline-

She crossed her arms arrogantly, looking away, turning her nose up from Dalton pointedly. "Well, I do not see exactly why anyone would choose to be so... crass."

She addressed Spring's next comment with a detached patience. "Well, I cannot say I know much about Mr. Kisho, but I find that he seems to be of a noble character. Certainly one to look up to."

She drifted off her sights daintily, casually looking over in Kisho's direction. He was standing there, smirking confidently, talking to a person who's name she probably forgot. And his hand slowly began to move towards Maxine, seemingly reflexively.

And Kisho stroked Maxine's cheek.

Without warning, Eva snarled territorially at the sight, growling in anger. Her canines protruded, The frilly hair band on her head began to rise, sharp tips began to tear the fabric from inside her evening gloves, and her back of her skirt began to rise. Her irises began to fade to a bright amber, then her hair band fell off entirely, revealing two orange ears with black tips. Sharp nails burst forth from her gloves, her hands reverting to paws. Kanako had to hurry to keep Evangeline's skirt down so that the tails did not reveal anything.

Eva was not quite pleased at the predicament she found herself in.
Strafe

Postby Lil_Ninja » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:26 pm

Maxine's eyes widened at what Phantom and Chaucer said to her. So it was her fault..
She grabbed Phantom's hand with both of her own, and looked deep into his eyes. "I'm sorry that this is my fault.." She paused a moment, taking a deep breath. "But your help is no longer needed! Let Kisho come back to us.. Your job is done."
Her reasoning was that Phantom must be somewhat civil since he hasn't attacked anyone yet, so perhaps there was a glimmer of hope that he would heed her request. She was determined to get Kisho back, no matter what the cost.

~~

Nazari was shocked to see an unknown anichi in front of him.
She knew of Phantom none the less! But was she an enemy?
"How can you help me?" He asked, standing in a defensive position, his arm clasped around his side where his gaping wound was. He didn't know whether to accept her help or not, but at this point, he was almost willing to accept anyone who offered.
He could smell the humans near, but felt defenseless. "I can't go on.. I have no strength left." He said weakly. Another surge of pain wafted through his body, sending him against a tree for support.

~~

OOC: It's alright, Strafe! Dalton needs to be put in his place sometimes ;)

IC: Dalton leaned back with a smirk. "Yes, I am implying that. They have known each other for around 20 years, after all. Give or take a few years." He folded his arms. "Don't try to deny it, missy. I see how you look at him. I'm a detective, I know these things. But I wouldn't call us perfect strangers! I know that you're Evangeline Saint-Claire, and you know that I'm Dalton, and we're off with flying colors!" He smiled, pleased with himself.

At her transformation, his smile widened. "Ah! Do I detect jealousy?" He said, glancing at what she was staring at, and then at her face.
"Don't take my warning the wrong way. My only intention is to let you know where the lines in the sand are before you cross them. Maxine can be a bit... Temperamental." He almost laughed. "Think of it as if she was a ferocious bear, and you're a honey bee. You can sting her, but she can squash you." He laughed at his own joke.

His gaze went back to Kisho and Maxine. Something was up, but he couldn't tell what from here. He intended to investigate after his chat with the royal snob.
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Strafe » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:17 am

OOC: Heheh. If anyone needs to be put in place, its Evangeline.

-Evangeline-

Her fox ears perked in alarm. 20 years... that was long before she was born. Her eyes narrowed even more. She growled angrily, her eyes turning upon Dalton with rage. How dare he insult her so openly, so rudely, so immaturely so so... Words could not describe her anger at the man.

But even though she burned with rage, she spoke coolly, and bitingly, like daggers of ice. "Fight me, you small pathetic excuse for a man. If you dare insult my high standing, I will respond in turn. Your small stature should have known this. If any small thing should be squashed, it would be you, I am afraid."

She figured that although he was the same height as her, he was probably sensitive to such insults, being the same height as a 13 year old girl.

"Now. Let's begin, shall we?"

She threw down her arms, long claws fully bared, and charged.

OOC: So... let's think logically, would Dalton really take a 13 year old girl seriously? hm... Feel free to do as you please with her if they do fight. She's not very strong, obviously.
Strafe

Postby Nami » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:55 am

OOC: Whoa!! this is getting awesome!

IC: Phantom stared down at her, so he wasn't good enough huh? She only wanted Kisho. That was fine, but he wasn't giving up this body, not after how many years he had spent inside a cage, locked away in Kisho's mind, unable to breathe, or think properly. He chuckled.

"I am not a hero." He said calmly, "I don't give back what I've taken." His calm expression turned annoyed, "do you know what its like to be stuck inside someone else's head while they enjoy a free life with no bonds?" he asked, his voice deep and chilling. "Can you even imagine the cold, cold, boredom of that? Of having nothing! No feeling, no breath...no movement?" his hand went out and touched Maxine's arm. "I haven't moved, felt or breathed for nearly 20 years. Tell me, little Max, would you give this up?" His eyes bored into hers as he spoke.

Chaucer didn't like how close Phantom was and out of instinct, he pushed Phantom back, "don't. Touch. Her." he said firmly.

----------
Clara stepped toward him. "You are wounded badly young one..." she came over to him, and placed her thin hand on the wound. "Allow me." she looked into his eyes and hers glowed a brilliant yellow. The wound on Nazari's side healed faster than a blink and she pulled her hand back. "Its only the skin, I will help you. Come with me." She wrapped her arm around his shoulder, "let me bring you to your friends."

--------

Spring gaped as Evangeline took a fighting stance and charged Dalton. "What..." she looked around, but none of the muscle guys were here and Nathan had the little one, Callie. It was up to her to keep this from escalating into a fight, even though she knew Dalton wouldn't hurt Eva.

Still, she wondered what he would do.

OOC: I have a scene prepared in case this gets hilariously out of control XD
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Lil_Ninja » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:14 pm

Something changed in Maxine. She finally realized at his words that it wasn't Kisho anymore, it was a body stealer and no amount of talking was going to change him back. Anger stated building inside of her towards Phantom as she wiped the tears from her face. "Look, I don't know what you went through, but hijacking Kisho's body and acting like everything is right in the world isn't going to fly!" She turned to Chaucer and huffed. "Chaucer, I don't need a bodyguard, so would you kindly desist." Her eyes narrowed viciously as she turned back to Phantom. "As for you. Save the sob story for someone who cares, because I'm really not feeling sympathetic right now. Either you figure out a way to remedy this, or I'll get rid of you myself." She was practically fuming at this point. If looks could kill, Phantom would be long dead by now.

Conri was slightly shocked at Maxine's words. He had never seen her so angry!

~~

Dalton laughed out loud at Eva this time, side stepping so she would pass him by. "You really think insulting me will make me want to fight a child?" He smiled, staying on guard for the next attack. "You can't beat me, kid. And any attempt to do so is futile." He grinned wider, enjoying this thoroughly. He was very laid back, so insults like such never bothered him in the least. He actually enjoyed them. It just made the other person look like a fool.
"Give it up, would you? You're a teenage girl that has a crush. So what? It's nothing to get your panties in a bunch about!" He laughed again.
Dalton had taken classes in martial arts so a girl like her would pose no such threat to him, anichi or not.

~~

Nazari was surprised when she healed him. "Thank you.." He looked into her beautiful face. He was not accustom to strangers doing favors for him, but it was a nice change. "How do you know where they are?" He asked with a puzzled look on his face. He tried to walk as much on his own as he could so not all of his body weight was on her. She didn't look strong enough to handle it.
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Strafe » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:49 pm

-Evangeline-

Kanako sighed. It seemed that Mr. Dalton had things under control, though she figured that she would have to console Eva later. If only the girl wasn't so haughty. She was a good girl inside, but she had such a tough exterior, and a rather incendiary one at that. Thankfully, the man she was picking a fight with was enough of a gentleman not to do anything. Though she also did feel that he was a bit too forward. She hoped that he would end the fight soon before Eva hurt herself. In all actuality, this was her first physical fight, and it was probably

Eva missed. By alot. So much so that she stumbled, trying to regain her balance. The man was fast. Though she was part fox, she was unfamiliar with her anichi body, and could not harness the lithe precision that foxes had. Instead, she clumsily misjudged distances and speeds.

"You really think insulting me will make me want to fight a child? You can't beat me, kid. And any attempt to do so is futile."

Evangeline's anger grew even more as she turned toward him, readying to charge again. He was not even in part anichi form. She growled furiously. She would not be insulted.

"Give it up, would you? You're a teenage girl that has a crush. So what? It's nothing to get your panties in a bunch about!"

Eva stopped for a moment. Panties in a bunch? She looked back, and her tail had lifted her skirt all the way up, as her back was turned to Kisho. She was too far beyond embarrassed to even blush. But that was the final straw. He had planned it! His smirking gaze had known what she would do. She burned with rage. He would never forgive him now. Never. He was going to die. die. die.

Kanako respectfully looked away.

"DIE!"

OOC: So... can you defeat her somehow? I give you permission to use her as a playable character for however she is defeated in your post, I mean. Doesn't have to be violent, but word's won't work. Somehow.
Strafe

Postby Nami » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:07 am

OOC: If nobody minds, I can get Spring to stop this.

IC: Phantom chuckled, so she was finally getting it. "Everything isn't right with the world." He spoke slowly, "but it will be soon." He glanced at Chaucer who stepped away at Maxine's request, though he still felt annoyed.

"You can't get rid of me, because if you kill this body, you kill Kisho. We are bound he and I, he dies, I die. I die, he dies. That's the deal, for now anyway." He stepped back a little. "Be angry all you want, I know what its like to live off anger and its exhilarating." he chuckled again. "Kisho knows it too, anger fuels him and feeds him."

'Shut up.' Kisho's voice was weak in Phantom's head and he smirked, Kisho wasn't nearly as strong as he pretended to be.

"Even now Kisho is struggling to maintain a mental contact."

-------------------

Spring couldn't take this anymore, without a word she stepped between Dalton and Eva and caught Eva in a hug. "STOP!" she growled in her ear, "stop this now! Dalton is not the enemy. There has already been enough blood-shed, why must we fight amongst ourselves when all of Humanity wants us dead? Isn't that bad enough?" Tears leaked from her eyes but she was too angry to care. Her grip on Evangeline tightened.

"I won't stand here and allow you to do this! Dalton is just being a man, he can't help being stupid! So please, calm down!" She held Eva tighter, "its not a crime to like someone...its not a crime!"

-----------------

Clara tried not to look annoyed when he wouldn't really lean on her, "you're welcome and don't be such a man, I'm about fifty-times stronger than you." she wrapped her arm tightly around his waist. "And I've been keeping track of their scent. Now lets go!" She leapt so high and so fast that everything blurred, Nazari was nothing to her, it was like carrying a baby. She lifted him effortlessly as she jumped from tree to tree almost silently. As the wind zipped by she grinned and then landed quietly outside of the cave she knew the group was in. "Your friends are in there." She still held him and walked with him into the cave.

OOC: ahahahha!
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Strafe » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:06 pm

-Evangeline-

"Closer... Just a bit closer so I can rip that smile off his face." Her eyes burned with fiery passion as she charged. No mercy. She could hear nothing, and could only see Dalton. Closer, then he would die.

Then Dalton didn't come any closer. She stopped. Something had caught her midflight. Eva struggled, kicking, clawing, biting at the air, but she was trapped and could not move. The haze of her anger subsided enough for her to hear Spring.

"Stop this now! Dalton is not the enemy. There has already been enough blood-shed, why must we fight amongst ourselves when all of Humanity wants us dead? Isn't that bad enough?" Spring began to cry.

Evangeline's feral eyes softened slightly as she calmed down slightly. She was right wasn't she? Everyone did want them dead. She scowled at the injustice and now she had caused it? The only honorable thing to do now was admit defeat, then. As much as she hated the idea of losing to Dalton, she had caused Spring's tears, and felt... well... bad about it... sort of... in a way...

"I won't stand here and allow you to do this! Dalton is just being a man, he can't help being stupid! So please, calm down!" Spring tightened her grip.

Slight satisfaction seeped in at hearing Dalton being called stupid, but the tears that landed on her hair washed away whatever she was feeling. She felt honestly miserable and helpless now, getting mocked, treated like a child, and losing to someone's crying pleas for peace. She was a bad person, wasn't she? Causing all of this mess...

"It's not a crime to like someone... It's not a crime!"

Evangeline sighed. "Fine. You win. I give up. Stop crying, please. I didn't mean to fight. I'm sorry." But she shot a glance at Dalton that said, 'But I'm not apologizing to you, got it?' She squirmed in Spring's tight grasp. "So... um... can you let go now?"
Strafe

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:17 pm

OOC: Shoot dang! I'm leaving on a trip for a week in a couple of hours! I'll try to sneak a post in though if I can! If not, see you monday! :D
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Nami » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:51 am

OOC: AWW! Evangeline's so cuuute. :3

Ok Lil'Ninja! :3 We'll see you Monday.

IC: Spring blinked rapidly and let Evangeline go, she blushed. She had been holding her too tightly. "I'm sorry." she said, wiping a tear away. "I just don't like to see violence..." she glanced at Kanako who hadn't done anything, this sort've irked her, but she didn't say anything.

"Thank you." Spring smiled brightly and brushed Evangeline's hair from her face.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:54 am

OOC-*puts my hands behind my head and smiles* Soooo, I'm back. ^_^ Umm.......so, where are my char's at? lol ^^

Derek_Is_Me

Postby Strafe » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:31 pm

OOC: I guess you could compare Evangeline to like Louise from Zero no Tsukaima, or Taiga Aisaka from Toradora. Like the short tsundere-ish girl that Rie Kugimiya tends to voice... Although a bit more reserved in a high society type and arrogant way, if that makes sense.

And basically, The only reason why Kanako's around is because Eva couldn't have escaped her house without her "Kidnapping" her. So don't expect her to do much... Unless there is a fitting part for her.

-Evangeline-

She hated it when people cried, and she turned away when Spring let go, crossing her arms in a last ditch effort to save whatever scrap of dignity she had left. It seemed she had been fully exposed, so she dropped her haughty pretenses, including her lack of contractions.

She sighed. "I can't stand it when people cry. I makes me feel all... ew. Like I'm bad or something. I didn't mean to fight. I just got... I'm sorry." She looked away, embarrassed, unsure of what Spring thought of her now. This was all Dalton's fault. Now she looked bad in front of everyone.
Strafe

Postby Lil_Ninja » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:56 am

OOC: I'm back! :D

Derek, your characters are in the same place.

IC: Dalton was about to knock Eva to the ground, and pin her to put an end to her tantrum, but before he took action, Spring resolved the fight with one swift move.

He smirked at Spring's comment about him just being a man, but he didn't address it.
"I never expected you to apologize. I know you're too prideful to stoop to that level." He didn't wait for her to react to his comment before he changed the subject. "Spring, what is Chaucer taking to Kisho about?" He asked, glancing in the direction of the cave entrance, even though he couldn't see them.

~~

Maxine no longer associated this man standing before her to Kisho. Phantom was a cruel, blood thirsty beast that took pleasure in other peoples pain. She knew he had an evil side, because Kisho had told her about him. But she wasn't afraid of him like she had thought she would be. No. She was furious.
"Who said anything about killing you? If Kisho really is in there, he's going to fight his way out! He's done it before, he can do it again!" She told him matter-of-fact. "I think you're all talk. All of this macho bravado is probably just a display to hide the weak cowardly beast you really are!"

~~

Nazari was shocked at how strong the woman really was, and how effortlessly she jumped from tree to tree with him.
How did she know who his group was though?
"Thank you." He said as she helped him walk to the cave.

Nathanael saw Nazari approaching the cave, obviously wounded.
He rushed to his side and grabbed his other arm to support him. "What happened to you?"
"Kisho." His expression grew dark. "Something's wrong with him, he's not himself." He paused. "I think Maxine is in danger, Nathan."
Nathanael looked at him with a puzzled expression. "Chaucer and Conri are with her, she's fine."
"You don't understand! He's ten times as strong as both of them combined! Where is she?"
"Somewhere outside the cave." Nathan told him, but stopped him from rushing back to the entrance. "You stay here, I'll go check it out. If you're right, you're no help to us wounded anyway." He turned to Dalton. "Come help Nazari! He's been injured!"

Nathanael walked out of the cave and started searching the area for Kisho and Maxine. Where did they head off to?
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying