Pop & Rock

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Pop & Rock

Postby yukoxholic » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:01 pm

POP & ROCK

I thought this would be a pretty neat RP Idea, that is if I can get anyone interested in it. Hopefully, I will though because I'd love to see it take off ^__^

Basically, I thought it would be cool if everyone picked their favorite J-Idol and create your own "battles of the divas, bands, etc." Your J-Idol can mimic any of the popular bands/artists out there they just can't be called by their specific name, for example: Let's say you wish to make an Idol that is exactly like HYDE from L'Arc~en~ciel you can't just flat out and take HYDE (though that sounds like a lovely idea *__*) you need to pick another name for him and his band. It can be "closely" related to that specific guy/girl/band but not exact (example:Ky who's in the band Reign-Bow) XD You can add touches of bands from the states but I'd like to keep it pretty foreign. ^__^

I would divulge into plot-details that I have but I would really like to see if anyone would be interested in joining such an RP. There will be judging between groups/bands/singers. You can even post original lyrics/songs via pure volume or if it's just a written song you have than in a post! :D

I suppose this idea is a little like a NANA/Full Moon O Sagashite/La Carda D'Oro mix. ^__^ I am also looking for a Co-GM for this idea. I don't want to be the only one judging! I want to keep it fair. :)

The only criteria's I ask for is this:

Respect among others.

You can't harm characters without their consent and my knowledge of such a thing >.>

Yes, I know what some minds are thinking as you read this, "J-Musicians!? all about sex, alcohol, drugs, and rock & roll...what could you possibly RP on?" in this RP everyone is a straight-edge kid! ^__~ and seeing that their are ALOT of talented writers here I know we can make it interesting.

Also!

I am completely cool with God-moding since I know some people become inactive and when you go 4 or 5 days without a post that can be a little frustrating if it derails the story in any way. The only thing I ask is that you have consent from the person and forward me their reply. Now, if you're just god-moding for the sake of it, no that's not good at all and will most likely get you suspended from the RP.

If players want to form a "band" and not be a one man/woman show that is certainly welcome just make sure you fill out the required information!

The Rock/Pop Stars! (For Bands/Pop Groups)

Character Name:

Group/Band Name:

Music Genre:

Placement In Band/Group (example: lead singer, dancer, backup vocals, guitar player, etc):

Looks:

History of how you formed (^__^):

-------------------------------------------------------

The Soloists:

Character Name:

Stage Alias:

Instrument Played (If any):

Music Genre:

Looks:

History (How did you Break into The Industry):
yukoxholic

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:13 pm

[font="palatino Linotype"]My gosh! I can't believe no one's wanted to join! This is a really good idea, so I would be pleased to join. I can also be a Co-GM if you wanted me to!

Character Name: Aika Choukei

Stage Alias: Aika-Chou~ ((Dirge Butterfly))

Group/Band Name: ONm*Y*OUJi~mAT*S*URi ((Bizarre-Festival))

Music Genre: Visual-Kei.

Placement In Band/Group: Lead Singer and Lyricist.

Looks: Attached. I changed her looks, and added pictures of the whole band. First one is Aika.

History of how you formed:
Aika was a girl in search of music. Her friends tried to help her, but none of them knew anything about music.
Suddenly, a group of transfer students from a neighboring school appeared in her classes.
Three guys and one girl.
She got up the courage and spoke to them.
Coincidentally, they loved music also. Even better, they loved some of the bands she did, and gave her new bands to listen to.

They started talking, and decided.
They would form a band. Oh-hoh, but not any band. A Visual Kei band!

Now they are trying out their music, waiting for their debut into the hectic industry known as "The Recording Industry".
They have now been together for three years. They are all Highschool seniors now.

Hope that was good enough! I really am excited about this!! >XD

The band will be a mix between Dir en grey, Malice Mizer, Phantasmagoria, and Zwei.

PICTURES:
Image ((Aika-Chou~, female, Lead Singer and Lyricist))
Image ((RaNka~, male, Electric Guitarist and Background Vocals))
Image ((Kiz*eru~, male, Bass Guitar and Costume Designer))
Image ((NeoN~, female, Keyboardist and Manager))
Image ((Mete^ruze~, male, Drums and Creative Designer for videos and concerts.))
((ONm*Y*OUJi~mAT*S*URi GROUP))[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby DaughterOfZion » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:59 pm

I'll join.
Character Name: Jyou Takahashi

Group/Band Name: Ninth Water

Music Genre: Visual Kei

Placement In Band: Bass/Backup Vocals

Looks: See attachment

History of how you formed: has played the bas since she was little, she never had a wish to form a band until she saw the fledgling band SuG in concert. She then fell in love with the genre of VK. Wanting to form a band she put up an ad on the internet. Four boys, two sets of identical twins, answered the ad. They all met at Jingu Bashi, and clicked right away. They have now been together 2 months, and have started playing at local clubs.

hope thats alright.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby Sae-chan » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:31 pm

Hmm, I'm a bit confused. Do we make our own artists, or do we base them off of real artists? I wouldn't mind joining if I could make my own artist, because I don't really know any J-pop artists...
Sae-chan

Postby yukoxholic » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:46 pm

Hana Ryuuzaki & DaughterOfZion characters accepted! Sorry, I didn't see this sooner I completely forgot about this thread! >__< I hope more people are interested in this RP! I would really love to get this up and started. By the way, you guys those are some awesome pictures. :)

Sae-Chan: Of course you can create your own original character (singers/bands). They can be like the American bands/singers here you just can't claim their name. For example: I love the band Switchfoot. So, if I wanted to create a band LIKE Switchfoot with the same kind of music it'd have to be like this...genre: Rock, band name: Cross Step (which like the name Switchfoot it refers to another Surfer move).

Hope that helps/makes sense! ^__^
yukoxholic

Postby Althaia » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:18 pm

Character Name: Rosealina Verten

Stage Alias: Rosea Noir

Instrument Played (If any): plays the bass quitar

Music Genre:Metal

Looks:
Hair:black
Eyes:blue-green
Skin Tone: olive
Height:5'9"
Weight:135
Clothing: wears most of the time a ankle length black and purple dress its splits at knee length in the front and the sides looks ripped

History (How did you Break into The Industry):sang at a local talent showwhere some managers were and the asked her to make a demo and thats when Rosea Noir began
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color=cyan]† [size=84]smile Jesus loves you[/SIZE][/color]

procastinators unite.......................tommorrow

[color=palegreen]So in times when all your hope is gone
And you go through life afraid
In your heart there lies a hopeful song
That is there to guide the way
And all the hurt and all the pain
You soon will learn was not in vain
For all your prayers, they will be heard
They'll come to pass through faith [/color]

[color=palegreen]~When you Believe from Prince of Egypt

[/color]
Althaia

Postby Sae-chan » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:32 pm

Yeah, that's a lot clearer. Thanks! ^^

-----

Character Name: Ikami Karei (Family name first. Don't know if this means anything in Japanese; if it does, please tell me! I put a few random syllables together...)

Stage Alias: Kuroi Hoshi (black star)

Instrument Played (If any): None - singer

Music Genre: J-Rock, I guess. (Or whatever. I had trouble opening that Visual Kei link.)

Looks: Shoulder-length black hair with red highlights. Obsidian black eyes. Pale-ish skin. Usually wears 3/4 length white shirt with dark jeans and open-toed sandals. (If I can get my scanner working, I'll edit this and post a picture.)

History (How did you Break into The Industry): Started young. A record industry (Kaze Industries) signed her up. She's been performing ever since - and although she's not hugely famous, she is known.

Hmm... I may come back and edit this later... But this should give you an idea of it for now. ;)
Sae-chan

Postby yukoxholic » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:21 pm

Both are accepted! Wow, I need to post my bios as well soon! ^__^
yukoxholic

Postby Song_of_Storms » Sat May 03, 2008 9:32 pm

Hey, this sounds great! What an original idea. Mesuh loves. :sweat:

The Rock/Pop Stars! (For Bands/Pop Groups)

Character Name: Senri Tyokki.

Group/Band Name: Crescent ~Moon~

Music Genre: They do a mix. But... mainly Oshare Kei. n.n

Placement In Band/Group (example: lead singer, dancer, backup vocals, guitar player, etc): Lead Singer/Guitar

Looks: Senri

History of how you formed (^__^): They were a small garage band, but decided they would risk trying the big time. So far, the only gigs they did was at the wrong place... Oh, and their neighbors paid them to stop practicing so late. But~ Hope springs eternal. They might have a gig at a bar soon.

~Ze other members~

*Claws (nickname). -Drummer, backup vocals-

*Enji-Bass/Vocals/Keyboard

>Note<

OK, so I used anime pics! I couldn't properly describe them with real ones, so yeah... Just imagine they look human... >.>
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby yukoxholic » Mon May 05, 2008 3:59 pm

Character accepted! Wow, I think I have enough to start this up now! Though I will continue to accept any and all other character creations!
yukoxholic

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying