An adventure RPG?

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

An adventure RPG?

Postby Song_of_Storms » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:35 am

Hiya! Hmm.. This RPG wouldn't really have plot, and you would get to make your character. ^^ It would just basically go with the flow. :sweat:

I haven't seen an RPG on CAA that does it this way yet, but I might have overlooked some. Every time you post, you give the name of your character. Like so-

[Vincent]

"Blah blah blah... blah." *actions go here*

See? Kinda simple. ^^ Sorry, I have a tendency to make things overly complicated... XD Anyways, if anybody is interested, I'll make the character profile format. ^^
Song_of_Storms

Postby Sae-chan » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:01 pm

Hmm... sounds interesting, kind of. I wouldn't mind making my own character and experimenting with RPGs - this would be my first one.

But still... I think it would be more interesting if you have a world in which the characters are. Even if it's not very descriptive! I'm horrible at making OCs (original characters) well... by themselves. In no world.

Even if it's: The world is set in a fantasy land of three main kingdoms, X, Y, and Z. There is one bad guy named LOL. Go wild.

But I like your idea of no standard plot, because I like making my own. ^^ That could really work out, even if it's only us two. =)
Sae-chan

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:27 pm

not a bad idea however, Many of those who roleplay on this forum have huge qualms about playing with what you just said:

"Dialogue" *action*

Usually, we all like to let our replies flow, so it would be like this.

Brian walked up to Dorothy and said, "Greetings, how was your day?"

Rather than"

*Brian walks up to Dorothy* "Greetings, how was your day?"

see what I mean?

But yeah, not a bad idea! ^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Sparx00 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:11 pm

Apon walking into the thread, Sparx looks around at the ideas on the new RPG and thinks, "This looks like a cool idea. You should make up a plot or something because then we would have something to follow. But if it's a go on your kind of plot thing, I could come up with some interesting plots." He said after reading the top post.

Wow. RPing in a new ideas thread. lol
That was a demo of my writing skills. I would love to join.
You wish you could shred like me.
Sparx00

Postby Sae-chan » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:13 pm

Hm, I have to agree with ChristianKitsune; most of us would like to have story format instead of simply dialogue and asterisks (*).

And like I said in my previous post, I'd like a plot - even a vague one - that I can build my character on.
Sae-chan

Postby Roxas2210 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:54 pm

Can we make up a world and a plot for you?
[font="Fixedsys"]Waiting for the sun to shine in the brightest room! =][/font]
Roxas2210

Postby Song_of_Storms » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:23 pm

Well, of course their would be a world. You have to RPG somewhere. -and there would be more to it then just talking and actions. Basically, whatever you want. Be creative. XD I don't mind if any of you guys want to come up with a premise. That would be fine. ^^ I like leaving details to the players, (story wise) that way it doesn't feel it's all self-controlled. n.n

Yay, thanks for the suggestions. Keep 'em coming!
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby Sae-chan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:07 am

Oy, whatever we want? 0.0... Hmm...

... Gah. Inspiration not coming. Um, can you at least put a genre? Like, fantasy, sci-fi, modern... It would be really weird if all of us had different genres...
Sae-chan

Postby Sparx00 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:46 am

I could come up with a plot if you give me a bit of time...
You wish you could shred like me.
Sparx00

Postby Wind » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:04 pm

I have some plot ideas ^^
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Song_of_Storms » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:51 pm

Share them! 8D
Song_of_Storms

Postby Song_of_Storms » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:56 pm

OK, while you guys are thinking of plot ideas ( I'm open to any XD ) I thought I'd go ahead and post the character format, so you can make your character[s]. ^^

Name:
Picture:
*Eye color:
*Hair Color:
*Physical Description:
*What they are wearing:
Theme Song: ( Yes, I'm only doing this because I love music 8D )
Weapon[s]:
Talents/Skills:
Powers:
Personality:
Background info:
Other:

-Note-

You don't have to fill in * if you use a pic. You still can if you want to, though. n.n Oh, yeah. The genre would be fantasy.
Song_of_Storms

Postby Sae-chan » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:13 pm

OK. ^^

Name: Karia Mikal
Picture: Uh, none... Sorry.
*Eye color: Cloudy bluish-greyish
*Hair Color: Light brown
*Physical Description: Her face is pale but pleasant. Her hair is cropped at shoulder-length, carelessly brushed to the side. Although she is average height, her body is thin so she seems taller.
*What they are wearing: She's wearing a dark grey, long sleeved dress with a wide, navy blue belt. The dress' sleeves are rolled up to the elbows.The dress only goes down to her knees, and black leggings can be seen underneath. Beige walking sandals adorn her feet. Also, a silver necklace with a strange design dangles from her neck.
Theme Song: *freaks out* Song? Uh... ^^; I'm not good with songs... Sorry!
Weapon[s]: She has two daggers on both of her sides, but nothing else.
Talents/Skills: Very skilled at handling both of her daggers at the same time, but fairly poor in all other aspects.
Powers: None.
Personality: She's not outgoing; Karia's more of a mysterious person, and though she smiles often, the smiles rarely reach her eyes.
Background info: Karia used to be part of a wealthy nobleman family, but internal fighting broke her family apart. First, her father was tricked into believing that her older brother was trying to kill him in order to obtain the throne. Then, her mother started to become less interested in maintaining the family and more interested in going out with her friends. Finally, invaders captured their land, and her family was scattered; now, she's trying to find her family, but everything has been in vain...
Dislikes: She dislikes arrogant people.
Other: None, if I have anything to add I'll edit my post.

Meh... Not the best character development I've done, but... I've tried. Hey, it's late, so give me a break, 'kay? ^_^;;
Sae-chan

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying