Alpaca Number Two

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Alpaca Number Two

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:28 pm

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely
(Closed RP. PM with writing sample for invitation)
(Note: ALPACA is a joke acronym for the title. Don’t worry about the letters that don’t represent anything.)

'Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.' - Lord Acton, 1887

When people say they can do anything, they’re usually using a literary device called a hyperbole – an exaggeration. When I say I can do anything, I’m really telling the truth. Well, mostly. When my powers contradict what another Absolute is trying to do, the powers cancel each other out. Absolute is what we call ourselves, I think. That’s what I was told when I met another Absolute, but he was kinda weird so he might have been pulling my leg. I never asked the others.

I’m a very young Absolute compared to some others. I still look like what my age really is. The other Absolutes I’ve met have been keeping themselves looking however young they want for years.

They say absolute power corrupts absolutely. I haven’t given into that corruption yet. Sure, I might act on a little impulse here and there, but generally I keep myself under control. Unfortunately, ‘yet’ is an ambiguous word. Who knows how long I’ll be able to hold out.

It’s been a long time since I saw another Absolute. I like it this way. I’m in a nice, normal high school living a normal life with my real parents. They don’t know what I am, but that’s okay. There’s no way they’d be able to understand. I guess eventually I’ll have to fake my death and change the way I look so they won’t be suspicious.

But strange things have been happening lately. People have been disappearing around town, and then showing up a few hours later in strange places, saying strange things. The police are baffled, and the victims cannot remember a thing about their abductors. Maybe I’m overreacting, but I think there’s another Absolute here in Apple Creek. I tried to use my powers to find him, but I didn’t sense anyone. He must be contradicting me… I wonder why he’s hiding.

- Regan Marie Stoker, September 29

-----

Years ago there was an Absolute named Lain who was as evil as they come. Using her powers coupled with a terrifying intelligence (especially for finding loopholes so she never contradicted anyone), Lain did whatever she pleased with little regard for the troubles of others. She amassed a large group of followers, as well as her fair share of enemies.

One day she suddenly disappeared, along with her accomplishments. Some believe she is dead, but many of her followers and enemies believe she is still alive. This belief has spawned a search of epic proportions – some searching to regain their fallen leader, and some searching to destroy her once and for all.

The recent events have drawn many concerned (and curious) Absolutes to Apple Creek, thinking that either an Absolute extremist group or Lain herself is behind the kidnappings. Others just think the whole ordeal is a wonderful Normals-baiting joke, and have come along to see the show and get in a few jibes themselves.

--- --- ---

(You guys know the drill, but I’m reposting this anyways.)

Alright, you can play as an Absolute or a normal person, and both roles will be involved in the story (which involves the Absolutes searching for Lain). Keep in mind that most mature Absolutes – even the ones working against Lain – are not the nicest people. Many of them use their powers for their own ambitions and are pretty prideful (they can do everything).

So, fill out your stuff with this form:

Name:
Absolute or normal:
Age (in the case of Absolutes fill in apparent age and actual age):
Personality:
History:

If you want to list yourself as a human and reveal later that you’re an Absolute, you can do that, but PM me beforehand. People don’t become Absolutes they’re born as one, so you can’t change your mind halfway through.

You may have as many or as few characters as you want.

RULES (READ AND FOLLOW PLEASE)

1. No god-moding – Yes, even in an rp where anything can happen there can still be god-moding.
a. Reading thoughts - Absolutes can know other people’s thoughts, but if someone says beforehand that their thoughts CAN’T be read then you can’t do it to them. You would also have to detail in one of your previous posts that your character had made it so he/she can read thoughts.
b. Controlling people – I guess it would make sense that an Absolute could control a normal human, but I would ask that you PM the person in control of the character before you do it, simply as a matter of politeness.
c. Being invincible – This could happen, but let’s not go overboard
d. Being perfect – Absolutes are not perfect moral beings. Your characters should have problems of some kind.
2. USE GOOD GRAMMAR. And just so I stress how important this is, let me say it again. USE GOOD GRAMMAR. Please.
3. Feel free to make up mini-plots. It makes it fun. Anything major, check with me.
4. I reserve the rights to think up new rules =]
Kawaiikneko

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:07 pm

My characters:

Name: Regan Marie Stoker
Absolute or normal: Absolute
Appearance: Short, redhead, straight back-length hair, green eyes, freckles
Personality: Cautious, intelligent, keeps to her group of friends, but isn’t shy, scared she’s going to become evil, doesn’t really like the other Absolutes she’s met, can be sarcastic when she’s uneasy or unsure what else to say.
History: Regan is still a young Absolute – she lives with the parents she was actually born to and has never used her powers to fake a death or make herself younger (permanently). When she was ten she met a very strange man who was also an Absolute (and told her the name Absolute). He, along with some other Absolutes she’s met, has given her a bad impression of Absolutes. Because of this encounter, she’s afraid that she’ll end up using her powers for selfish ambition or at the expense of normal people. Because of this she’s never made much of an effort to make contact with the rest of the Absolute community.

Name: Brian Nelson
Normal
Appearance: Curly brown hair, tall, skinny, square jaw, blue eyes, hockey player
History: Regan’s boyfriend of half a year. He’s not always the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to school, but he’s fun to be around and Regan likes him. He’s the oldest of four kids and is the captain of the hockey team. Thinks he’s on the top of the world.

Name: Ransom (Nickname: Rance)
Absolute
Appearance: His appearance is always changing, although he very rarely changes his eyes, which remain a deep, piercing green.
History: All that we know of Ransom at the moment is that he was one of Lain’s three advisors and he is fervently searching for her to bring her back.

And so you can brush up on your contradictions:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Danyasaur » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:52 pm

Hey y'all. If I have any more BIOs with characters I use in the RP, I'll put them in this post.

Name: Craig Isaac Vilo

Appearance: Straight blond moppy hair. Gold eyes. He's tall (about 6'3") and lanky. He's very untidy about his appearance, which shows through his unkempt hair and the holes that seem to be in most all his clothes. He also has a certain ZooYork mesh hat in five different colors that he's never seen without. Carries skateboard with him everywhere.

Personality: Laid back... VERY laid back. Can be sarcastic and witty, but usually doesn't like making the effort. Doesn't really care much about anyone but himself, so he isn't afraid to step on some people if the need arises (This will eventually change though).

History: Skate punk born in the 70's. He's not terrible OLD like a lot of absolutes he's known *coughcough*. He was about 16 when he got into the skateboard movement in the 80's and still hasn't really exited that period of his life when it comes to behavior, clothing, music (Though he likes a lot of the newer skate clothes and music, etc.). He faked his first death 6 years ago and went to school as a means of 'starting over'.
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby insanewitapen » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:20 pm

Holy Crud this is longer than I thought...I get too detailed when I'm excited. XD; But all well! *GLEE*!! ALPACA~

Name: Aaron Joel Terrance

Appearance:
Unkempt, very curly, blonde hair. Due to it’s current length, strands always seem to find their way into his bright blue eyes. He stands to a height of 6’0, and his thin yet muscular limbs make it obvious he plays sports. Wears pretty much the standard teenage boy clothes; hoodies, jeans, t-shirts, etc…

Personality:
His personality is naturally goofy and kind on the surface. As far as his motivations go, he’s more focused on sports than schoolwork; but still does it sufficiently. And as far as Olivia goes, he is very protective of her, for a good reason. Furthermore, to Olivia he is a standard, teasing, and of course sometimes annoying, brother. Regardless of this, they are extremely close-a lot more than usual siblings-and there is yet again a reason for this; outside of them being twins. (Main part of the reason mentioned in their History) Has a sort of resolve to not become like the other absolutes.

History: Was and is a foster child, along with Olivia, to Tori Sommers. His and Olivia’s parents-Nilly and Dameon Terrance-were both killed in a car accident when the twins were nine. As far as other relatives go, the Terrance family was already dwindling due to hereditary sickness.
Aaron found out he had special abilities during said car accident when he saved Olivia from a fatal injury. Though the repercussions of using his just discovered abilities-and not truly fathoming them in a whole, and not to mention being emotionally frantic- were scaring to her, literally.
Aaron plays basketball but is not widely known for it in gossip circles since his skills in it are a bit above average.

Name: Olivia Faith Terrance

Absolute or normal:
Normal

Appearance: Has a mass of bright blonde curls for hair, which matches perfectly with her bright blue eyes. She is shorter than her twin brother Aaron at a height of 5’8. She’s thin, but not like a stick, and wears simple clothing. Her style is of one of very simple layering, and keeps away from too bright of colors. (Yellow, pink, very bright versions of the primary colors, and etc…)

Personality: Unlike her brother she is much more conserved and comes across as very level headed, because she is. Though, no matter how conserved she might be, there is no hiding her enthusiasm for the sciences. She is a complete wiz with all things math, and science. Science is so concrete, and sure, it is no wonder she is drawn to it.
Her love is deeply rooted in Chemistry and Physics, which embody the very basic rules of life. Rules that are-in her mind-too sure, too set in stone, to ultimately be altered by any kind or amount of power.

History: Olivia keeps a close eye on her brother, and the fact of his absolute abilities does not trouble her too much. Though the knowledge of other absolutes is what plagues her, it has taken its toll on her and she has become more wary. Her sudden insecurity in the newfound reality of how powerless she was is one thing that drew her so close to her brother. Helplessness and vulnerability are constant feelings that she was plagued with, and still sometimes is. But with matured trust in her brother (she knows him well enough that she can guess he’s protecting her in some way) they have lessened considerably. She does not regret her knowledge for a second and has taken it upon herself to keep Aaron in check for as long as she is able.

Olivia plays no role in sports but never misses her brother’s games. She is an exceptional student in every subject.

Some specific history of the twins:

Later, after the car accident, someone told both of them about absolutes and Aaron specifically about Lain. So over the years they had fun and regretful experiments with Aaron’s powers, and learned even more about absolutes.
But regardless of Aaron being her brother, Olivia inevitably grew a deep fear of absolutes. So after many incidents where he had influenced her directly with his abilities, the concept that she had absolutely no power was driven home. She expressed this to Aaron and made him promise to not use his powers on her in any way.

So at first he completely respected her wishes. But it wasn’t long until another absolute discovered Olivia had knowledge of them and cleared her memories of any trace of it. After many tries, most likely due to the fact the absolute wasn’t motivated enough to hold terms for very long, Aaron restored her memories.
Since then he put up, what he would call, barriers around her to protect from other absolutes trying to control her, read her mind, or erase her memory. Without Olivia’s knowledge, he thinks. (If your character is a more experienced absolute or creative they can probably get around the terms he’s hidden on her, since Aaron isn’t holding them all the time. But he would know someone’s messing with her either way.) With time he found loopholes that would lessen the mental stress that protecting her gave him to practically nothing. But also, Olivia has directly requested for one term to be set on her, the ability to notice absolute happenings.
[color="LemonChiffon"]Perfect World International
Llux-Sanctuary[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="LemonChiffon"]My DeviantArt[/color]
insanewitapen

Postby insanewitapen » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:11 am

XD It's okay, we have tons of blond people too anyway. :P
Llux-Sanctuary[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
insanewitapen

Postby Kawaiikneko » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:38 pm

Well that's everyone! I guess I'll PM a mod now =]

A few notes about Lain for point of reference: Her rise to power was slow and patient, but once she was at the top, she held the world in an iron fist. Her reign started midway through the Roman Empire, and she disappeared in 1973. Her empire and most of her terms fell to pieces, but she left behind a few, seemingly sporadic, terms. It is not unknown for a smart Absolute to leave behind a few terms after death (to this day, no Absolutes are able to turn the sky salmon, due to a rather eccentric Absolute), but many people point to these "left behind" terms as evidence that Lain is still alive. No one really knows how many terms she left behind, but ones that people are sure about include: No time-traveling within 5 years of 1973 or any other time with the intention of changing the events that led up to her appearance, and No on can mind-enhance except her (ie: I feel no mind strain when I hold many terms) (which was a term that she reserved exclusively for herself nearly her entire reign).

That's about all I have about Lain right now...
Kawaiikneko

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:19 pm

uc pseudonym

Postby Kawaiikneko » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:45 pm

Thought we should spice up this thread a little bit! Here is Lain and co. as seen on my binder... Mullin is still a part of the group but as soon as DM shows us what Remus looks like I'll have to make a chibi version of him and stick him in there XD

Lain doesn't look too evil in this, but she has her moment.... let's just say she's infatuated with someone at the moment. <.< >.> <.< *sneaky* And I finally came up with a name for the curly-haired guy! He's Marius.
Kawaiikneko

Postby insanewitapen » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:51 pm

*LOVE* They all look awesome, and I really like Lain's hair. :]
Llux-Sanctuary[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
insanewitapen

Postby Kawaiikneko » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:25 pm

OKAY I have a challenge - nay, a command - for you all!!! Draw your character(s) with an alpaca. :]

my crappily drawn alpaca, but an alpaca nonetheless!!! and Regan. :]
Kawaiikneko

Postby insanewitapen » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:29 pm

Daww! Regan's just as cute as the alpaca! XD *pets it's poofy hair*
Llux-Sanctuary[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
insanewitapen

Postby Danyasaur » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:02 pm

I have carried out my orders. *salute* U.U\ U.U /

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:11 pm

Well I shall give this a go! >]:3

Name: Anastasia 'Asya' Meshcheryakova
Absolute or normal: Normal

Appearance:
Golden to dirty blond hair. Some times it looks more golden, and other times it has a duller dirty grey look to it. She has grey/blue eyes depending on the light source. She is 5’6 and is in very good shape.(it’s explained in the bio)
She tends to wear either Short skirts, and shirts that show a bit of cleavage(see History for reason), or comply loose long sleeve shirts and pants.

Personality:
She was born 30…or at least that what everyone jokes about. She has always been very mature towards people. Another joke being that she could carry on conversations with adults when she was 10(not exactly the truth, but not far from it). It’s mainly her parents who see her more child/teenage personality.
She has a very ‘motherly’ personality, taking care of her friends and others. Making sure they are ok and have what they need. She’s there for people(she might not haze something to say, but her shoulder is always open to cry on) and tries to attend to their needs as much as she can.
She’s strict when she sees something wrong, and is not afraid to scold someone.

She enjoys jokes, and having fun, but it’s sometimes hard for her to loosen up. She has to adjust and fit into what’s going on before she can open up. She speaks both English and Russian fluently.

History:
Her parents, Russian immigrants came to the country before she was born. When they had her they made sure she was ‘totally American’ Even going as far as having her take accent lesions, so she would have an American accent(Though she does have a small Russian accent, emphasized on certain words). They lived in New York throughout her childhood.
That’s where, with her mother working in a dance studio, learned to dance. She does a verity of dances, though her passion is Ballet. (Though she can ballroom, swing, and even play around with break dances) She is trying to go for ballet professionally. (This is why she’s use to short skirts, and is in such good shape)
She, being absolutely against it, was out ruled by her parents, and forcibly moved to Apple Creek after she made a “Foolishly idiotic mistake.” (so described by her parents) Since then she’s been at odds with them on a no speaking term, and neither sides appear to be letting it go any time soon.
She does not know anything of Absolutes, nor does she have history with any(that she knows of).

Sorry, I know another blond, but I just created her the other day, and wanted to try her out. Her hair is not really this curly(actually it's not curly at all), It's just done fancy here.
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Kawaiikneko » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:17 pm

Yanyan!! ikr, tly, win!

Laura is, naturally, accepted. :]
Kawaiikneko

Postby Emanku » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:08 pm

Name: Axis
Absolute
Age: Appears to be in his eighties. Actual age is a mystery.
Appearance: Axis' appearance changes slightly on a regular basis. His face remains mostly the same - that of a very elderly man. However, the clothes he wears can be the most exquisite finery you would find being worn on a king or a hobo's shabby attire. His hair tends to be either black, silver or white and sometimes he has a full crop and other times is nearly bald. Sometimes Axis has a significant slouch and other times has perfect posture, but carries a rather nondescript wooden cane at all times.
Personality & History: Axis used to be called by another name, but nobody knows what that is anymore because he has made most of his past impossible to know. He is one of the oldest of all the absolutes, and over the ages he, predictably, became more and more corrupted by his power. However, not long ago, something most unpredictable and unprecedented happened: he got bored. He'd done everything he could ever imagine (he didn't have much of an imagination) and now couldn't come up with anything new. After two years of utter boredom a thought occurred to the disenchanted absolute: 'What if I went insane?' He wasn't positive, but he was pretty sure crazy people wouldn't get bored, especially if they had the power to do anything. Without hesitation, Axis went insane. And he's been insane ever since. Being insane, his personality is rather unstable, sometimes benevolent and other times tyrannical, but for some reason he became attached to a young girl named Ami. When she's around, Axis is more likely to behave well and he never does anything to harm her, usually catering to her every whim.

Name: Ami Wells
Normal
Appearance: Ami is an average size for her age and quite pretty. She tends to wear jeans and a t-shirt and keeps her medium-long blonde hair in either a ponytail or pigtails. He most prominent feature is an infectious smile that isn't easily bestowed, but not easily forgotten.
Personality: Ami is a little quiet and when she speaks she's very blunt. She tends to be a bit of a tomboy but has a noticeable feminine side, especially when she's in a good mood. She always tries to consider those around her, but is not easily willing to sacrifice her own interests for the sake of others, unless the consequences could be serious. Not much surprises or scares Ami.
History: Ami's mother was always a little cold with her. After her father started talking about divorce, Ami's mother changed to being outright abusive. After several months Ami was still able to forgive her mother but knew if she had to endure any more, she wouldn't be able to forgive her any longer, so she decided to run away. She stopped at a nearby park where she saw an old man feeding pigeons out of a paper bag. When a crow joined the mix, frightening the pigeons, the old man seemed to take offense at this. His expression turned very cruel and the crow immediately fell over dead. "You shouldn't do that" Ami told the old man. The old man looked extremely taken aback, as though the thought that he shouldn't kill had never occurred to him. "Oh," he said, looking regretfully at the dead bird. "I'm Ami, what's your name?" "Axis." That was a year ago. Axis and Ami have been traveling together since then, and somehow mostly managed to stay out of trouble.

I'll wait for approval before posting in the main RP, if there's anything about my characters that needs changing I don't have a problem with that.
I will not waver, doubt or falter for all truth in this world has been written into the book here at my side.
Emanku

Postby insanewitapen » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:17 pm

Hey Emanku, did you send a writing sample to kawaiikneko first? *points to the second line of the first post* If so and she approved you, welcome! ^^
Llux-Sanctuary[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
insanewitapen

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:02 pm

Yeah, I'm sorry. At the top I put in bold that this is a closed RP. I actually had a reason for that... this RP is actually a restart of an RP we had going last year that fell apart because people had other time commitments. So, we're doing it again and we already have enough characters for the plot and any more wouldn't really work... So, no, sorry.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Emanku » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:29 am

Dang, oh well. Nothing really left to say I guess.
I will not waver, doubt or falter for all truth in this world has been written into the book here at my side.
Emanku

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:15 am

You guys are all failing on the draw-your-char-with-an-alpaca front... just throwing that out there.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Danyasaur » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:37 am

DD: I did mine! *jumps up and down and points up at a previous post*

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:35 pm

yes, Danya is my one and only faithful friend...
Kawaiikneko

Postby insanewitapen » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:41 pm

DD:!!
>.>
<.<

....*forgot*......*runs to google for alpaca referance*
Llux-Sanctuary[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
insanewitapen

Postby insanewitapen » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:22 pm

And I've done it! :DDD It'd be Libby who's first! Only two more to go~

A doodle on the tablet. The fluffy one likes Olivia. >:3
Llux-Sanctuary[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
insanewitapen

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:09 pm

ahhahahaha!! How cute... but poor Olivia..
Kawaiikneko

Postby insanewitapen » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:14 am

Llux-Sanctuary[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
insanewitapen

My Resignation

Postby Danyasaur » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:18 pm

This is a hard post to write for me, even if some of you may not understand it.
I’m resigning myself from the role plays I am currently in, and removing myself from the internet save for checking my e-mail every so often.
I’ll explain to the best I feel I‘m allowed.

God has asked me to lay down my creative writing, along with the time I spend online (TV and Movies also, as far as I know). I’m sure that to some that fact will not make sense, but to me the clarity is crystal.
There comes times in your lives that God may (Though He may not) ask you to lay down something that’s a part of you. In my life it happens to be the worlds and the beings that my keyboard and my mind have created. And it hurts.
But He’s not being mean.
Sometimes things, no matter what they are, can become all consuming. Even things that you love, and that are even possibly good things.
God does not look down upon, or despise the creativity I’ve poured into my creations (He loves my creativity, I know, because He told me). He’s jealous (Exodus 34:14 ; Deuteronomy 4:24) of the fact that they have taken up residency in places of my heart they never belonged, drawing close to the edge of becoming as idols.
It takes up my time and my heart. Both should be fully His. (Matthew 22:36-37)

I guess basically what I want to convey the most is this:
I want Jesus more than I want my writing, drawing, music, creativity, entertainment, my friends, my family, my hopes, my dreams, my security, my comfort, the deepest desires of my heart… He surpasses all of them. And if giving up a part of who I am will please Him, will draw me in closer to Him, then - no matter how much it may hurt - I will do it happily, and not count it as loss.

Please understand that I love you all so deeply that at times it quite literally hurts. Me leaving will never ever change that love.
I’m sorry for any non-spoken obligations I’ve had to all of you concerning the role plays and the writing, including inconveniences that this may cause as a side effect. I’m also deeply sorry if it hurts anyone in any way shape or form. But this is something I have to do, and something I will not back out of.

For some of my closer friends (Linda, Dan, Laura, Bryt, Tee, Rose), all of you listed are entitled to my home phone number, which you can get either by e-mailing me (I’ll make sure my CAA e-mail is a current address), or getting it from Linda. You can call me at any time, but you are not obligated to. Anyone else not listed is entitled to e-mailing me.

If any of you still want know more about why I’m leaving, then don’t hesitate to ask. I’ll except any questions you have to the best of my ability.

I love y'all, and I pray that God pours out blessings on all of you.

- Danya

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby Felix » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:50 pm

I love you Danya, and respect this decision. I can't wait to see the stellar things God is going to do in your life. I'll be in contact with you by phone or e-mail!
Felix

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying