Sands Of Time (An Idea)

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Sands Of Time (An Idea)

Postby The Liar XIII » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:15 pm

"Sands through the hour glass,
Counting my Revelations, For I am a sinful man.
Sins of what I speak, Sins of what I do,
For I fallow Anarchy, And Anarchy is my name.
Behold the light, created by our lord,
And the sand in the hour glass;
For it is running low,
Low...Low... Low... Low... Low..."

The scripture engraved into the wall ran through Mirrors head. The troublesome words hit him like a steel mallet.

Mirror: "The hour glass?"

Mirror stared into the sky and became amazed.
As an eclipse was starting.

Mirror: "The Hour Glass.. The Eclipse.. Anarchy must symbolize havoc? From an eclipse? I don't understand.... The light.... The light? The sun!"

Mirror walked to the edge of the tall mountain and a tear fell from his eye.
Mirror morphed into a tiger and sprinted down the mountain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sands Of Time.

A story of the final eclipse that anyone will ever see.
The world will come to an end.. Above is just an example of the storyline.. Thats later in the story though.. A bit later in the beginning.

Anybody is welcome to sign up to this RPG.

Here is Mirrors background:
Mirror is a Sixteen-Year-Old character who has the power of Morphism(Able to transform into other characters). This power is passed down through his family every 7000 years.
Mirror lives in a small country named "Vefrot", that exploded in a nuclear war. Mirror was the only one who survived by turning into his Shadow Form(A transparent dark figure; Mirror cannot be harmed by anything in this form).
Some Assembly Required

The Liar XIII

Postby everdred12a » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:16 pm

Anarchy 13 wrote:A story of the final eclipse that anyone will ever see.
The world will come to an end.. Above is just an example of the storyline.. Thats later in the story though.. A bit later in the beginning.

You've got an amazing hook there, IMO, but we really don't have too much of a setting or a premise. Like I said, the hook is interesting, but I still don't know enough to really create a character.

Also, I might suggest you move this to the New RPG's forum if you're recruiting. I personally don't usually look in the OOC forum to join new RPG's, although there are those that do. Just a suggestion ^^ Hopefully this will take off, because it's really something I think I'd enjoy playing in.

everdred12a

Postby The Liar XIII » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:07 am

Ok, Here is some more info on the game..
For a while actually, I was creating it on RPG Maker 2000.. Ad roughly, this is what Mirror looks like:

By the way, this game takes place in 1400

As the island exploded, Mirror was on a boat. As he waved to his island, it exploded into billions of pieces!
But not to Mirror's knowledge, It wasn't a Nuclear war.. It was the evil King Vorgun!

Vorgun is a bull headed knight who owns several continents. He is feared by many and recently has been turned down by Vefrot. Thats why he destroyed it.

All this takes place in roughly summer, but time frames change during the game.

Now, some people might want to know where Mirror got such a ridiculous name.
Well, this is the original story.

Me and a few friends always used to think of RPG matches and say "Well I choose Cecil(Dark Night), I use Fire3!" etc.
And we had a create a character rule.. So I sat and thought.. I wanted someone with the powers mystique or whatever.. So I created him.. I dawned him the name Mirror.. And he is still undefeated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now THE story:

Mirror's father was a Ten-Year-Old at the time. It was winter. His friends and himself went to a mountain. Mirror's father was nervous, so, he didn't slide down.. He climbed up the mountain farther and seen a man in a cloak.
So they talked and the man told him, "In 20 years.. You will have a son... You will name him Mirror, for he will have the powers of Morphism".
The man faded away into the dark.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enough?
Some Assembly Required

The Liar XIII

Postby everdred12a » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:56 am

Yep, that's plenty of info. Hopefully, more people will see this and want to join, as well. I think this has a lot of potential.

everdred12a

Postby The Liar XIII » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:51 am

everdred12a wrote:Yep, that's plenty of info. Hopefully, more people will see this and want to join, as well. I think this has a lot of potential.

The key word is Hopefully...
I really want this to be successful.
Some Assembly Required

The Liar XIII

Postby silver_wolf454 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:07 am

Hmm...I might join. ^-^ *I'm* Always willing to give new ideas a shot.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"][color="Green"]Banner art by: Shao-Feng-Li[/color][/SIZE]

"I am but mad north-north west. When the wind is southerly....I know a hawk from a handsaw."- Hamlet, Shakespeare's Hamlet

[color="DarkOrchid"] "There's rosemary - that's for remembrance. And there is pansies - that's for thoughts." [/color] -Ophelia, Shakespeare's Hamlet
silver_wolf454

Postby The Liar XIII » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:30 am

So I move this to the new RPG Ideas forum.. So I PM a mod?
Some Assembly Required

The Liar XIII

Postby everdred12a » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:28 pm

Nah, you're free to make your own topics in the New RPG's forum, you just cant' make one in the Main Roleplaying section.

everdred12a

Postby The Liar XIII » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:06 pm

everdred12a wrote:Nah, you're free to make your own topics in the New RPG's forum, you just cant' make one in the Main Roleplaying section.

ok..
So, I'm new the the RPG forums, though I played many.
What do I have to do? Post what I had above?
Some Assembly Required

The Liar XIII

Postby everdred12a » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:35 am

Generally, an RPG introduction thread will start with the premise of the RPG... You've pretty much already written that, here:

"Sands through the hour glass,
Counting my Revelations, For I am a sinful man.
Sins of what I speak, Sins of what I do,
For I fallow Anarchy, And Anarchy is my name.
Behold the light, created by our lord,
And the sand in the hour glass;
For it is running low,
Low...Low... Low... Low... Low..."

The scripture engraved into the wall ran through Mirrors head. The troublesome words hit him like a steel mallet.

Mirror: "The hour glass?"

Mirror stared into the sky and became amazed.
As an eclipse was starting.

Mirror: "The Hour Glass.. The Eclipse.. Anarchy must symbolize havoc? From an eclipse? I don't understand.... The light.... The light? The sun!"

Mirror walked to the edge of the tall mountain and a tear fell from his eye.
Mirror morphed into a tiger and sprinted down the mountain.

Sands Of Time.

A story of the final eclipse that anyone will ever see.

You might want to add in some of the things you wrote here, as well, to aid in character creation:

By the way, this game takes place in 1400

As the island exploded, Mirror was on a boat. As he waved to his island, it exploded into billions of pieces!
But not to Mirror's knowledge, It wasn't a Nuclear war.. It was the evil King Vorgun!

Vorgun is a bull headed knight who owns several continents. He is feared by many and recently has been turned down by Vefrot. Thats why he destroyed it.

All this takes place in roughly summer, but time frames change during the game.

You may also want to give a bit more info about the world, such as what kind of technology they have, whether there is a presence of any kind of supernatural forces like magic and whatnot, and other things like that.

From there, you'd give information about Mirror. Most people use a sort of preset template for their RPG's so that they get the info they want about the players who join. Generally, they look something like this:

Name:
Weapons:
History:
Personality:
Other information:

People sometimes use pictures to represent their characters instead of describing their appearances, so you could include your picture from the earlier post instead of writing out a physical appearance.

And that's pretty much all there is to it, other than to kick back and wait for people to come join. Sometimes it happens quicky, other times it takes awhile. Once you feel you have enough players, you can PM one of the mods of the site with a brief description of the RPG, and a link to the RPG's thread in the New RPG's section so they can approve it and create a thread for it in the Main Roleplay(the mods who generally get it done promptly are uc pseudonym, Yumie, and Link Antilles, so try them first).

everdred12a

Postby The Liar XIII » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:21 pm

Ok, the thread is made, but now that I have a new thread, can we play there?
Some Assembly Required

The Liar XIII

Postby silver_wolf454 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:34 pm

No, you have to wait for the Mods. to approve the Rp when you feel you have enough players.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"][color="Green"]Banner art by: Shao-Feng-Li[/color][/SIZE]

"I am but mad north-north west. When the wind is southerly....I know a hawk from a handsaw."- Hamlet, Shakespeare's Hamlet

[color="DarkOrchid"] "There's rosemary - that's for remembrance. And there is pansies - that's for thoughts." [/color] -Ophelia, Shakespeare's Hamlet
silver_wolf454

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying