Nations and States: New Era

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Nations and States: New Era

Postby Kaligraphic » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:32 am

Nations & States: New Era
GMs: Kaligraphic & Pascal

Story: The time is a year without an age, a history before written words and a place written outside the bounds of maps we know and cherish. Thrust into wild untamed world without the protection of civilization, the aid of friendship nor the sense of the laws of nature as we know them, your fate and the fate of history itself lies within your hands.

- The story starts off with technology roughly 10,000 years in the past for all characters.
- The story-line is separate from the main Of Nations and States storyline. No previous knowledge or experience in N&S is necessary.
- All players start off nation free and the choice to build a nation or simply live amongst them is completely in the players hands.
- The new national conflict system is completely automatic and GM controlled, and levels the playing field for all players. The results of national conflicts are determined by the program, so you don't have to worry about figuring out an actual countermeasure for the latest weird weaponry.
- Your character can never die or be killed against your wishes.
- While attacking another nation while said party is away is highly discouraged, if it should ever happen, the conflict system will automatically keep your nation defended while you are gone!
- Characters live forever in game so don’t worry about them dieing off with time’s passing.

There are several dominant playable races, as follows:

High races:

Human - The most numerous race, humans are much like you might expect. They come in the usual colors, shapes, and sizes, but the nature of life in a world 10,000 years in the past technologically means that they tend to be a bit tougher than today.

Nekojin - Cat-people. Ears, tail, fur, the whole nine yards. Nekojin are pleasant enough, tending to be light-hearted. They tend to be lithe and agile, much like cats. Also like cats, they don't particularly appreciate being wet.

Ninja Monkey - Monkeys brought up in the ways of ninjery. They are the scarcest of the high races, but their true numbers are not actually known. They tend to live in hidden villages apart from the other races, but the locations of those villages are closely held secrets. Still, some ninja monkeys actually prefer to live among the other races.

Low races:

Slith - lizardmen from... elsewhere. They are a martial race, but not well liked for their cold-blood ways. Still, they are somehow friendly with the Aikon. Slith cities tend to be built of fine stonework, and have an abundance of statuary. They enjoy stonecutting, spears and polearms, and long naps on the warm stone.

Aikon - Looking like pale men, full chalk-white even, the aikon give the impression of being somehow amorphous in person. They are not, of course, as is obvious when you look closely, but out of the corner of your eyes, you begin to doubt their outline. Humans and nekojin tend to distrust the Aikon, but the slith are rather more comfortable among them. Ninja monkeys seem almost more bothered by the Aikon than humans or Nekojin, but tend to be less willing to admit it.

JOIN NOW! Just fill out the following character sheet for your desired in-game character! Please note that only your primary character may control a nation. You may also create one secondary character, for role-playing purposes.

Name:
Primary/Secondary:
Race:
Apparent Age:
History:
Talents/Special Powers:

You can choose from any of the listed races above without requiring approval for your race. Additionally, you may be a hybrid of any two of the high races. Slith and Aikon may not be used in mixed-race characters. Additional races may be allowed with gm approval, but will not represent significant populations.

Special powers must be approved by the GMs, and may be kept secret by pming them to either GM. We will let you know if the proposed power is accepted.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Peanut » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:36 am

All I can say right now is...YAY!!!!! I actually need to get something cleared by you and Pascal before I create a character. But still, I'm glad to see this finally show up...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Jingo Jaden » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:32 pm

The Ken-Oh civilization.
Name: Ryuken Storm.
Race: Human.
Apparent Age – 37
Gender – Male
Physical description - *Reason for the size is not due to steroids or something similar, but because of his ability to use 100% of his natural strength it enabled him to train more and longer. Thus granting him his large structure which is not common for humans* See image attachment*
History: In a chaotic part of the world, a figure known as Ryuken Storm grew up. In his early days he was a poor boy who had a goal of becoming great. One day, a person who studied a unknown martial art found Ryuken, and wanted him to become one of his students. For starters age would not kill him, and to follow that up he would become more powerful than he could imagine. Many years of hard training passed, however Ryuken seemed to have an ambition only rivaled by his desire to rule. Ryuken quite early figured that terror was by far the most efficient way and it suited him. Ryuken, who had trained hard for so many years seemed to get many who liked him, even followed him. Ryuken also later on got tired of practice, because he felt that a real man’s strength could only be proven in real combat. He dueled his opponents and struck them down without hesitation, his master soon followed the ranks of the dead. Ryuken knew later on he made a mistake by killing his master so early, when he still had a lot more to learn from him. Ryuken decided the time was right to create his very own rule, one governed by terror. If any soldiers or citizens disobeyed him, then there could only be one way to finish the situation…… A swift killing blow. Terror will rise, opponents will fall, honor will be gained, a civilization will prosper and become increasingly powerful. New techniques will be born, other technology will be discovered. However the principle of his empire will always remain the strongest rule. And in this day and age, that would be Ryuken. Even though merciless slaughter is not uncommon to use, Ryuken respects opponents who show valor, skill and courage. A new age is dawning, an age of power.
Race: Human
Structure setup of the Ken-Oh empire.
They consist of a 4 class level pillar.
The first class is the leader himself, the Ken-Oh. He will be the law and ruler of the country. The best fighter, main tactician and supreme leader of the civilization.
The second class consist of the best fighters, usually generals, sometimes soldiers who are capable of taking on solo missions. Also the law holders who are allowed to put out bounty’s on lawbreakers and the main scientists. These are few in numbers, but very efficient.
The third class consists of the standard foot soldiers, regular workers, scientists and such. These, whoever they are accepted as Ken-Oh citizens. They are large in terms of population.
The fourth class is the largest in terms of populations. Shortly described they are either criminals or not yet accepted as Ken-Oh citizens. These usually have to either prove themselves worthy somehow. *Usually through battle, but there are many ways they can be voted in as Ken-Oh citizens”. They are often subjected to lawfully accepted beatings, and generally unhappy. However through terror they are kept in check.
The Ken-Oh empire is viewed as a strangely agricultural civilization. Even though they are large in terms of population, they also tend to in various areas die quickly, nearly always as a result of battle. The Ken-Oh Empire says that the weak is made to serve the strong. And in some areas, only 1 in every 100 survives and their potential is huge. There are various strange martial arts that are common for the population to practice. So their population, even though increasing, also has a unnatural rate of decrease. Few enjoy a easy life. However rebellions are rare, very rare. Ryuken is not often seen in public. However he has been known to single handedly massacred groups of rebels.
Talents/Spesial powers: Besides what is mentioned above, Ryuken alone trains with a very deadly martial art which has potential *Potential, not currently reached potential* to enable mass slaughter from a single person. The martial art can enable him *If he knows the technique* to do a multiple of different actions.

Notice: He will start off as a strong individual, which could easily be defeated by a strong force, then after time goes by he becomes stronger and stronger.

Pm me if I need to edit or add some things :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Dante » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:21 pm

Name: Genki (Is born without a last name)
Primary/Secondary: Primary
Race: Ninja Monkey-Human Hybrid
Apparent Age: Looks to be roughly 12-13.
Physical Description: See picture
History: Genki is a boy in a rather odd predicament, he's part Ninja Monkey, part human. Apparently living on his own without a family nor a home, he appears as though he would be prone to using his heritage as a human to sneak among the unsuspecting homo-sapiens and his silent abilities as a Ninja to bring him the needs that he must have in order to survive... but that would be stealing, and while he is a Ninja Monkey and prone to a playful attitude, he is also a human and prone to a great deal of self evaluation... evaluation that limits such disturbing behaviour.

This however, tells us very little concerning Genki, as it appears that his fate may stay for a while. Who even knows if he himself has any clue as to where he came from... that stated, he seems to be very clear as to where he is going as if driven by a purpose beyond himself. Still it is the purpose of a child, so I wouldn't put much stock in it... but that still doesn't seem to stop him from investing in this odd fate he's building as though tomorrow depended on it... Thus, who knows, maybe it really does :P...

Overall though, whatever this future is, Go Fish appears to be an integral part of it, and he delves greatly in the game to the point of nearly making it a blood sport (he once broke a guys arm when he was found to be cheating... even though he never plays for money). That and he really enjoys sleeping ALOT, this apparently came from his human anscestors, as it is not known whether Ninja Monkey's are lazier than humans... but most scientists agree that it is highly doubtful that such is the case... thus Genki is found sleeping in ONCE AGAIN this morning... LATE as usual.

Talents/Special Powers: Genki has most major abilities granted to Ninja Monkies, including the ability to control symbological technology in the form of the Ninja Puff of Smoke ability and reduce his presense both physically and spiritually... unfortunately, this doesn't mix well with his human attributes and he can sometimes acquire certain utterly random allergic reactions from over use of symbological energies... That stated, there are often times when Genki is caught in a dire situation in which he and others are in harms way... In such situations he seems to be strangely lucky, and his luck rubs off on everyone around him... the next day though, he can never be found... But nobody cares, as most of the time, they are simply happy to be alive and running as fast as they can away from the area... there were strange events there after all.

GENKI-
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Peanut » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:52 pm

Name: Lotan
Race: Spirit/Leviathan
Apparent Age: Unknown
Physical Description: None, he can't be seen by the living.
History: He has served for the last century as the source of the Hiero dynasty's power, being past on from one emperor to the next. Because of his presence within their family, the Hiero's have been viewed to be like gods by the Ninja Monkeys under their control. He has so far gained very little credit for his work but he really doesn't seem to care.

His past before he became a part of the Hiero dynasty is even more mysterious then the history of the Ninja Monkies. What is known (by the Hiero's at least) is that he was once a part of a race of powerful sea creatures known as the Leviathan. The Leviathan were eventually hunted to extinction out of fear and the desire to use their scales and bones for weapons, art, etc. It is unclear whether other Leviathan's exist in a similar state as him and it is also unclear as to how he entered this ghostly state of existence.
Talents/Special Powers: Gives whatever character he is within the power to control water.

(I'll be presenting my country later. I still have a little bit of work to do on it's background before I post anything.)

Peanut

Postby Jingo Jaden » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:09 pm

Alright, I am gonna post' Taliesin's faction. Image made by me :)

The tribe of D'ni

Name: Xaxtorm Starhammer

Race: Human

Apparent Age: 18

Physical Description: See image

History: He inherited is powers from his father and mother, the former rulers of the tribe. His father and mother died in a horrible battle against another tribe along with most of their followers. Xaxtorm and his sister managed to escape with the rest and lead them away. They travelled a long, long way, hoping to escape from the constant hunting of their enemies. Eventually they found a peaceful valley with no occupants, but his sister never recovered from the death of their parents and the long journey.
They settled down and slowly rebuilt their vanquished civilization. After the tribe was fully established, his advisor, Norshak, betrayed Xaxtorm and tried to kill him and take over the tribe. In the ensuing fight, Leena, Xaxtorm's sister, was brutally murdered by Norshak. After a long struggle against Norshak and his followers, Xaxtorm was able to regain control of his tribe. Xaxtorm currently has no advisor, fearful that history would repeat itself, and the tribe of D'ni again erupt into civil war.
Xaxtorm blames himself for the death of his parents and sister, feeling that if he had been just a little more powerful, he could have saved them all. He has dedicated himself wholeheartedly to his tribe, putting all of his time and energy into improving his magic and making his tribe more wealthy and powerful.
D'ni is a tribe based on agriculture and trade, very wealthy because the valley they occupy is the easiest way through a mountain range. They also have a strong, cavalry based military, which is supported by excellent archers.

Talents/Special Powers: Xaxtorm has magic that draws its power from the stars. He can blind, wound, and heal to a minor extent with this magic. He has no defensive magic (shields counterspells etc.).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Dante » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:33 pm

So is Taliesin joining or no? (Would feel better if he had posted his own bio because it improves the chances that he'll join up... but it would be good if he could just post on here to confirm yay or nay).

(PS, at start no one begins with a nation, so oddly enough these histories may come to be described) That way everybody can get used to the enviroment and use more of the first person historical elements.

Be advised however, that I do take enviromental positions into consideration, and if your history states a certain enviroment, or you specify it, I will place that as your intended final destination on the world map within the storyline. (instead of a generally random location...)

-Pascal
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Dante » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:36 pm

One more thing... those are some great pictures JM, and great bios to match! Thank you for your support and enthusiasm for N&S 2.0, I hope that we can provide an RP experience that is fun and enjoyable (even if challenging at times 'cause we're weird and have no life :P... well at least I have no life)

-Pascal
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Jingo Jaden » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:16 am

I have pmed Taliesin, I made the image for him, sure I will bump into him and ask him to confirm :)

Jingo Jaden

Postby Taliesin » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:35 am

I am most definitely going to join N&S. I just needed JM to make me a pic because I have no art skills. I wrote the entire bio myself. (Including the copyright-infringing tribe name) I am really looking forward to RPing with you guys. (And taking over the world! mauahahhhahahah) :thumb::cool::evil:
FKA starhammer

Communism is only the perfect government if you have the perfect leader. And I'm only available Tuesdays.

I'm too cool to scroll.
Taliesin

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:27 pm

This starts out nation free? Then I think I'll have to make a few corrections... Well here's my guy. My apologies for the large font (I copy and pasted this from my PC)

[font=Verdana][color=white][font=Verdana][color=white]Name: Mirzen Shadowtail, The Sharakari Prince[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=white]Primary/Secondary: Primary

Race: Human-nekojin hybrid (Sharakar is a nation of human-nekojin hybrids)

Apparent Age: 27

Physical Description: (Pic coming soon) White long hair, black ears and tail, a long silver scar ranging from right forehead down to shoulder, silver cat eyes.

History:
Mirzen was said to have been born when a star fell, his mother dying in labor. He was considered a very special child because of his silver-colored blood. At a very young age, he excelled in the aerodynamic fighting arts of the nekojin and the elite swordsmanship of the humans, achieving his final level of training at the age of eight. As a result of being close to his father, Mirzen was exposed to the political and economical affairs of Sharakar; because of his knowledge he became an advisor to his father at the age of 10. In an insurrection led by Mirzen’s uncle, Phaes (commander of the Sharakari militia), rebels brutally assassinated Mirzen’s father. Luckily, Mirzen survived his uncle’s attempt to murder him. A result of this is the long scar upon his face, which to this day is the color silver. Mirzen and his father’s loyalists were sent into exile in the desert by Phaes, who came to the conclusion that Mirzen was not a threat (Mirzen was so traumatized by his father’s death that he could not speak or retaliate). In the desert, Mirzen miserably wandered alone, wanting to die. He tried to commit suicide by stabbing himself, but was stopped by a mysterious hermit. For 3 years this hermit trained him in the shadow arts. After his training, Mirzen returned to his loyalists, who thought he was a ghost. With new courage, determination, and resurrected vengeance, he secretly raised an elite legion and returned to Sharakar, surprising Phaes, who thought him dead. Mirzen and his legion crushed the rebel forces and defeated Phaes in a one-on-one duel. Fueled by rash vengeance, Mirzen and his elite ended the Sharakari civil war in 3 days, bringing longed-for peace. During his reign, Mirzen solved economic and social problems of the nation. He is known to be very reckless and rash at times, and loves to prove his strength and power. He is also very impatient and sometimes has fits of rage (some say he went mad during his exile).

Talents/Special Powers: Training in the shadow arts, (which is uncommon for a nekojin (because of their light-heartness)) giving him the ability to make dark electric attacks

[/color][/font]
[/color][/font]
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby Dante » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:20 pm

This is interesting, we now have four nations, it would be nice if we could grab a few more though (as the more the stranger the story right?) Anyone know if Temmy wants to jump on board, or perhaps Zarn or one of the prior old players from N&S 1.0?

-Pascal
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Peanut » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:43 pm

Pascal wrote:This is interesting, we now have four nations, it would be nice if we could grab a few more though (as the more the stranger the story right?) Anyone know if Temmy wants to jump on board, or perhaps Zarn or one of the prior old players from N&S 1.0?

-Pascal

I haven't seen/heard from Zarn in like a week, so who knows if he will join. Temulin appears to be toying with the idea of joining though it is looking as if she's just going to avoid this Of Nations altogether...oh well...

Name: Zohar Hiero
Primary/Secondary: Secondary
Race: Ninja Monkey
Apparent Age: looks like he's around 18-20
Physical Description: Tall (for a Ninja Monkey), brown hair, green eyes
History: Zohar has been thrown into an interesting situation. After a tragic accident, Zohar has gained control of Lotan, who he plans to use to gain more power for him, his family and his race.
Talents/Special Powers: Current holder of Lotan

Peanut

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:13 pm

Wow, this forum display thing is reeally irritating.

Also, Can I involve the old Ishtar storyline?
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Postby Dante » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:34 pm

Also, Can I involve the old ishtar storyline

It would be somewhat difficult to involve by reason that we are in an alternate universe, however, if Lotan can be in the game, I suppose that the Ishatar Family line may come in through some means... however, no one in the game will know their prior history nor are they likely to look it up, thus I reccomend against using it...

Perhaps have a character in question happens to have the last name of Ishtare and the symbological special powers associated with other the Ishtares. However, if there is reference to what the Ishtare family is, it should only be in family stories passed down from his/her parents and should be explicitly written out in smaller writing segments within the game. (Nor should the details be heavily explicit... just interesting family story details.)

AKA, If Kali thinks it's OK (We only work as a team) a character with the last name Ishtare with a light history transfer in the form of stories told to him when he was younger would work out fine (Although Zarn probobly wouldn't be the best to use in said case... N&S 1.0 Characters had levels that are too high for this RP given the tech in use).

-Pascal

(PS Kali give us your ideas...)
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Peanut » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:10 am

Pascal wrote:
AKA, If Kali thinks it's OK (We only work as a team) a character with the last name Ishtare with a light history transfer in the form of stories told to him when he was younger would work out fine (Although Zarn probobly wouldn't be the best to use in said case... N&S 1.0 Characters had levels that are too high for this RP given the tech in use).

-Pascal

(PS Kali give us your ideas...)

This is just a suggestion, but would it also be ok for Zarn to do something similar to what I'm doing with the Hiero's (in other words have the Ishtare's be a family within the world of the New Of Nations that is attempting to gain power)? In fact, if Zarn did this he could even play out the whole Loki betrayal bit that was only told in the original Of Nations via flashbacks. It could make for an interesting early international issue when you think about it.

Peanut

Postby Taliesin » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:50 am

Is Kali going to make a character? If he is, can we not do the whole "Ruler of the Undead" kind of thing? I found that really annoying. On the Ishtar issue, I know the whole story behind it (I read some N&S when I was really bored) and I think that it might be a little tricky to fit that into this RPG but its probably possible. I also think it a bit much for Mirzen Shadowtail to be an amazing fighter in the human and neko forms, as well as having dark magic. And becoming an adviser when he ten? Give me a break. (Overpowered RP characters are one of my pet peeves, I'm sorry if I offended anyone)
FKA starhammer

Communism is only the perfect government if you have the perfect leader. And I'm only available Tuesdays.

I'm too cool to scroll.
Taliesin

Postby Peanut » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:24 am

Taliesin wrote:Is Kali going to make a character? If he is, can we not do the whole "Ruler of the Undead" kind of thing?

But Lord Kalvin is a classic Of Nations character. Who else can we rely on to keep the universe together when me and Zarn inevitably cause it to fall into a million pieces? And who else can we have get decapitated by Rei or another incredibly weak character in a fight to the death? All joking aside, I'm not sure if Kali is going to create a character or not. But, if he does do the whole "Ruler of the Undead" thing, I don't think that he or the undead will be as involved in this world (as opposed to the world in the original Of Nations where they ended up fighting in every major conflict and ruling over half of the planet...).

Taliesin wrote:I also think it a bit much for Mirzen Shadowtail to be an amazing fighter in the human and neko forms, as well as having dark magic. And becoming an adviser when he ten? Give me a break. (Overpowered RP characters are one of my pet peeves, I'm sorry if I offended anyone)

The great thing about Of Nations is that no matter how powerful your character is, they can always be taken out with a couple of well placed ZPEBs to the face. Honestly I don't have much of a problem with overpowered RP characters within Of Nations because as tech becomes more modern, the usefulness of super powerful characters decreases sharply. In the last Of Nations, we had characters who, if dropped into this world, could be simply a one man army and would have no trouble carving up any nation. But, in the world of the original Of Nations, they found themselves usually sitting on the sidelines while their armies clashed (the only time they really fought was in One on One duels). Eventually this RP will become like that too...I hope...as for Mirzen, well, there is such thing as child prodigies...so most of what darkelfgirl has written does work and does make sense....

Peanut

Postby USSRGirl » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:14 pm

._____.;;

Name: Kayrielle (Kay) Jikari

Race: Slith/Nekojin hybrid

Apparent Age: 19

Physical Description: Being part Nekojin and part Slith, Kayrielle is covered in teal scales like most of the people on her father's side. Unlike most slith, she has long flowing white hair, fuzzy white ears, and a tail of the same color. She prefers light weight armor to make the most of her agility, and typically fights with a long javelin with several marks etched in it's base - one for each warrior she kills.

History: Born Kayrielle Saiome, she is the daughter of the ruling chieftain of the Slith and as such one of the princesses of the Saiome dynasty. However, she is only half related to the rest of her siblings, being born of a Nekojin mother - something unheard of and shunned by both races. After her father died in the Slith's last civil war between the two sects - the Saiome Order and the Nerkame Order, in which arose dispute between the high priests of each tribe and eventually lead to yet another bloody war that was almost expected in Slith culture and hardly raised concern - her eldest half-brother, Lord Rahjiun, took the throne. Seeing Kay's ambitious nature as a threat and her half-blood a blemish to their household, she was exiled at the age of ten. Kayrielle grew up fending for herself in the desert wastelands outside of the Slith realm and occupied by no known country save wayfarers and desert savages. After her exile, she changed her last name to Jikari - the Slith word for "accursed" in their rarely used ancient dialect. She did this partly to hide her identity, knowing that Lord Rahjiun would send assassains after her if he knew she were still alive, and partly in twisted irony of both the fact that her mixed blood has made her accursed in the eyes of all the world and that anyone who dares cross spears with her will surely be accursed as well. Traveling from town to town, honing her skills, shunned by most everyone she came in contact with, Kayrielle managed to survive and dreams of the day when she will have her revenge on not only her brother - but on the world.

Talents/Special Powers: Grace, agility, sadism, and a weird obssession/weakness for marshmallow confections (recently invented by a wandering monk).

I know the rules were no hybrid low races, so I'll wait until Pascal approves this character before making her official. Might make some secondary characters too (possibly one young enough to date Genki). Drawing a blank here... Kay has nothing really to do with my style of ruling and was just a semi-cliche character I plunked out off of the top of my head... will develop her character more as the story goes on and such (provided Kal, Pascal, or Peanut... hey who ARE the GMs anyway?... approve it). Pic coming soon.

OKAY SO I FREAKIN' JOINED AFTERALL!!!!!! STOP STARING AT YOUR MONITORS IN SHOCK ALREADY!!!!

*Scuttles off trying to remain unnoticed*
USSRGirl

Postby Peanut » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:22 pm

*throws some cheap confetti*
Temulin has joined...hurray...by the way, the GMs are Kali and Pascal. So...now that Temulin has joined...I guess we just have to wait for Zarn to join and then we'll begin...maybe...

Peanut

Postby Dante » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:47 pm

--TEMULIN--

I know the rules were no hybrid low races, so I'll wait until Pascal approves this character before making her official. Might make some secondary characters too (possibly one young enough to date Genki). Drawing a blank here... Kay has nothing really to do with my style of ruling and was just a semi-cliche character I plunked out off of the top of my head... will develop her character more as the story goes on and such (provided Kal, Pascal, or Peanut... hey who ARE the GMs anyway?... approve it). Pic coming soon.

Hi Temulin! :) (Cheesy grin) I actually didn't invent the races in the RP, Kali did... The race item applied to the entire culture and not to individual characters. We concluded that more specific unique species could be produced with GM aproval, thus avoiding over powering characters. That stated, I don't see a problem with the character design... in fact, it seems like an incredibly fair character (she only boasted agility for instance instead of something shock and awe-ish.

--PEANUT--

The great thing about Of Nations is that no matter how powerful your character is, they can always be taken out with a couple of well placed ZPEBs to the face. Honestly I don't have much of a problem with overpowered RP characters within Of Nations because as tech becomes more modern, the usefulness of super powerful characters decreases sharply. In the last Of Nations, we had characters who, if dropped into this world, could be simply a one man army and would have no trouble carving up any nation. But, in the world of the original Of Nations, they found themselves usually sitting on the sidelines while their armies clashed (the only time they really fought was in One on One duels). Eventually this RP will become like that too...I hope...as for Mirzen, well, there is such thing as child prodigies...so most of what darkelfgirl has written does work and does make sense....

Actually it is my hope that we focuss more on character development, and less on elaborate techs and massive military buildup. And at their peak development (and some would argue even till now) Kaligraphic's undead controlled all of Earth save for a few hold-outs of Pacifican territory if I remember correctly. They were also expanding into space at an incredibly high rate of speed.

--Taliesin--

Is Kali going to make a character? If he is, can we not do the whole "Ruler of the Undead" kind of thing? I found that really annoying. On the Ishtar issue, I know the whole story behind it (I read some N&S when I was really bored) and I think that it might be a little tricky to fit that into this RPG but its probably possible. I also think it a bit much for Mirzen Shadowtail to be an amazing fighter in the human and neko forms, as well as having dark magic. And becoming an adviser when he ten? Give me a break. (Overpowered RP characters are one of my pet peeves, I'm sorry if I offended anyone)

Kali is not going to be in RP as Kaligraphic from N&S 1.0, although if he somehow got involved at a future point to save us all from ourselves I wouldn't be surprised (We nigh on blew the planet up into a billion tiny pieces on several occassions in N&S 1.0 and needed Deus Ex Machina to from Kali to save the whole RP from vanishing in a puff of smoke and fire). Further, Zarn should only keep his history to Legend form at first and shouldn't be trained in the full Ishtarian manner (Ishtares hold too much power at this juncture, but by the end of the RP I expect that it will be possible for characters to reach the same or higher energy levels from N&S 1.0, or perhaps it will be less and just be artistically better carried out as to avoid determining whether a character is killed by the amount of ZPEBs (Zero Point Energy Bombs, or really really powerful explosives akin to nukes) smacking them upside the head... Zarn at the second advent of PASCAL took a sum total of three plus actions to strip him of his powers... Like stated, Zarn of N&S 1.0 was powerful enough to chisel nations up in this one... but that's comparing apples and oranges... I mean, an Abrahms tank today could also chisel up this world cause we're stuck some 10K in the past... Overall, the primary point is taken and agreed, no Munchkiness, as such will warant critical events to limit your actions (or the use of the IMAGE system for charaters). But we're all mature players and realize that this isn't about winning but about the fun of the story... now, off to vaporize NICE with Rei seeing as how Temmy hasn't been guarding it :P.

--ALL--

I have an idea y'all (I'm from AZ so I can get away with it). What if we use tags on our posts that indicate who the posts are important to, that way if we are interacting with specific characters in ways that won't effect other players they can just skim over those parts should they feel stretched on time. This could prove to further reduce post length and reading time for players who don't enjoy reading all those posts... it's a little more difficult but it will greatly enhance playability... plus we'd all be used to it in no time.

OOC: I'm at my sisters house all weekend, and thus I am free and having a fun time with no one bothering me! YAY!!!!

-P.A.S.C.A.L. 2.1
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Kaligraphic » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:04 pm

Mirzen seems to be okay at 27, but, like I told JM, it's best to leave your character some room to grow in this rp. It's more dramatic to show how somebody becomes strong than to have them come onto the screen already strong.

Lord Kalvin is not going to be directly involved in this rp. He is now a legend, a mythological character, existing primarily in the distant stories told among the low races. He will not walk this world, nor will there be any undead armies. Yes, that's right, there will be no undead armies in the world of Nations and States: New Era.

Lord Kalvin, as the ruler of the Obsidian Empire, has ~30k planets to watch over. He's busy, and doesn't have the time to rp. If I absolutely have to use him to save the world from destruction, then I'll do something very silly and embarassing to your characters. That means be careful and don't make me use him.

As far as Temmy's character, high and low races have significant genetic differences, making cross-fertility extremely unlikely. Also, there are social issues of racial distance that discourage the attempt. If she's willing to be an outcast from both high and low societies due to this, though, it's okay. Just be aware that you'd be probably the only hybrid of that type that you'd ever meet.

Oh, and I am going to make a character to help drive the plot, but he's not exactly going to be a Lord Kalvin... ;)
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:59 pm

Oh belive me, part of why he is on the rpg is becaue he is going to evolve. That is bascily the technuiqe part, where he and he alone *of that faction's power* can profit from. Still he will be a singular character who is easy to wipe out if you got a fair force against him. Maybe in the future he will become more able, but that will be strictly GM monitired. For now he is just a very strong warrior, who in the future and as time passes on, might become stronger.

Jingo Jaden

Postby USSRGirl » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:38 pm

pascal wrote:Hi Temulin! (Cheesy grin) I actually didn't invent the races in the RP, Kali did... The race item applied to the entire culture and not to individual characters. We concluded that more specific unique species could be produced with GM aproval, thus avoiding over powering characters. That stated, I don't see a problem with the character design... in fact, it seems like an incredibly fair character (she only boasted agility for instance instead of something shock and awe-ish.

Yeah. XD For simplicity sake I just left her talents as the basics (this is a primitive culture after all so it would be sorta weird to have a sci-fi telepathic shapeshifting laser-weilding heroine/villainess on board). I don't really like doing elaborate bios, and prefer to let the characters grow on their own as I uh... think of stuff.

As for the tags - why not simply mention the characters names who you are directly interacting with or commenting on? Then all players need to do to find posts related to them is go to their tool bar, click edit, click find, type in your character's name and see who posted to you. That's what I used to do back in the old NS days.

kaligraphic wrote:As far as Temmy's character, high and low races have significant genetic differences, making cross-fertility extremely unlikely. Also, there are social issues of racial distance that discourage the attempt. If she's willing to be an outcast from both high and low societies due to this, though, it's okay. Just be aware that you'd be probably the only hybrid of that type that you'd ever meet.

Fine with me, I was planning on her being virtually the only hybrid out there thus existing as a social outcast. Oh hey, on the subject, do you mind if I give the Slith some corrupted pagan priests to fight and burn heretics and such? I'm thinking somewhere down the line, Kay could use her unique breeding to set herself up as some kind of "prophet"/cult leader. XD

I for one will be sorry to see Lord Kalvin go, unrealistic though he was I was hoping we'd get to see him in his younger days and reveal some of his origins.
USSRGirl

Postby Peanut » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:49 pm

Kaligraphic wrote:Lord Kalvin is not going to be directly involved in this rp. He is now a legend, a mythological character, existing primarily in the distant stories told among the low races. He will not walk this world...

Though he will be directly involved in the next Of Nations tournament as an announcer. So will the other two Ninja Monkey announcers and the virtual arena, yes I realize that makes no sense and blatantly violates continuity rules but I really don't care.

Also, before I forget, I will be away all of next week, starting monday, and I will be busy the next week moving into my dorm...so in other words I probably won't be able to post right when this RP gets started...

Peanut

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:17 pm

Taliesin wrote:I also think it a bit much for Mirzen Shadowtail to be an amazing fighter in the human and neko forms, as well as having dark magic. And becoming an adviser when he ten? Give me a break. (Overpowered RP characters are one of my pet peeves, I'm sorry if I offended anyone)

First of all, I'm kinda new to this rp thing, so please please cut some slack (and yeh I am offended).
I can edit some of Mirzen's info if he is too overpowered.

Kaligraphic wrote:Mirzen seems to be okay at 27, but, like I told JM, it's best to leave your character some room to grow in this rp. It's more dramatic to show how somebody becomes strong than to have them come onto the screen already strong.

Yeh, I want to make him younger....He also has some emotional issues and his past that he has to deal with, which he has to overcome.
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby USSRGirl » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:23 pm

I didn't read your character profile till just now and I shall say this: Guys, stop god-modding and pulling apart people's characters asserting that only your own illogical super-powered characters play by da almighty rules of NSdom. This is what drove everyone away from NS the first time REMEMBER?

On the otherside, Darkelf, I think electric shadow attacks are fine so long as there's some kind of limit and range to his powers. Oooh... chalk one up for physcotic, slightly sadistic exiled desert people with attitudes though! XD Especially if they happen to be nekojin bishies!
USSRGirl

Postby USSRGirl » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:27 pm

Btw, while I'm looking at people's profiles here, Peanut remind me again what "Lotan" is and clarify that you are not talking about your character holding a lotus leaf while meditating in a diaper or something. Was it the ninja monkies' secret organization or something?
USSRGirl

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:36 pm

USSRGirl wrote:I didn't read your character profile till just now and I shall say this: Guys, stop god-modding and pulling apart people's characters asserting that only your own illogical super-powered characters play by da almighty rules of NSdom. This is what drove everyone away from NS the first time REMEMBER?

On the otherside, Darkelf, I think electric shadow attacks are fine so long as there's some kind of limit and range to his powers. Oooh... chalk one up for physcotic, slightly sadistic exiled desert people with attitudes though! XD Especially if they happen to be nekojin bishies!

XD I got over it and understand the situation. I mean, he's overpowered--neko arts, swordmanship and shadow arts? He's not a god. And for the shadow arts--he constantly use it because it uses up so much energy, and he's part neko (which I understand are like light-hearted creatures) limiting his shadow power.
P.S. He is very handsome, hehe.
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby Althaia » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:48 pm

the compassionate empire
Name:Raven
Primary/Secondary:raven is primary there is no secondary charcter as of yet
Race:human
Apparent Age:16
Physical Description:picture
History: has no family to speak of she has made the compassionate empire because it is actually not at all compassionate but in order to not arouse suspicion of her "true" nature she called it that
Talents/Special Powers:telekinesis
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color=cyan]† [size=84]smile Jesus loves you[/SIZE][/color]

procastinators unite.......................tommorrow

[color=palegreen]So in times when all your hope is gone
And you go through life afraid
In your heart there lies a hopeful song
That is there to guide the way
And all the hurt and all the pain
You soon will learn was not in vain
For all your prayers, they will be heard
They'll come to pass through faith [/color]