Shadow Dwellers

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby silver_wolf454 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:03 am

Nice ^-^
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"][color="Green"]Banner art by: Shao-Feng-Li[/color][/SIZE]

"I am but mad north-north west. When the wind is southerly....I know a hawk from a handsaw."- Hamlet, Shakespeare's Hamlet

[color="DarkOrchid"] "There's rosemary - that's for remembrance. And there is pansies - that's for thoughts." [/color] -Ophelia, Shakespeare's Hamlet
silver_wolf454

Postby USSRGirl » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:07 pm

I'm makin' a new character who will appear shortly, okiez? He'll be Lai's ex/old friend. XD

Name: Cyan Truesdale

Power: Cyan can absorb the powers of others by casting his shadow over them. His duplicated powers are not as strong as the original, but still rather effective.

Build: Tall and skinny with a little muscle

Eye color: Gray

Hair color: Silver, shaggy and shoulder length. Looks as though it hasn't been combed/cut in years.

Personality: Smooth and intellectual with a ruthless dark side.
USSRGirl

Postby silver_wolf454 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:48 am

Name: Lore

Power: unknown but so far he can summon shadows like Lux, and enter the brains of other people for a short time

Eye color: Red

Hair color/discription: Black and shaggy, with lots of layers

Build of the body: Tall and slender

Extra info: Apparently he is or thinks he is the son of the head
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I am but mad north-north west. When the wind is southerly....I know a hawk from a handsaw."- Hamlet, Shakespeare's Hamlet

[color="DarkOrchid"] "There's rosemary - that's for remembrance. And there is pansies - that's for thoughts." [/color] -Ophelia, Shakespeare's Hamlet
silver_wolf454

Postby insanewitapen » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:00 pm

Sorry to be picky, but Lux doesn't literally summon shadows, she uses actual shadows cast from objects (or anything really). She has the ability to literally grab them and manipulate them in many various ways. ^^/
[color="LemonChiffon"]Perfect World International
Llux-Sanctuary[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="LemonChiffon"]My DeviantArt[/color]
insanewitapen

Postby Danyasaur » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:40 pm

Hey, I was just wondering if I'm allowed to join this? I've read the whole thing without skipping any posts. <.<
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby silver_wolf454 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:38 pm

^-^ sure thing
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

silver_wolf454

Postby Danyasaur » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:36 pm

I almost forgot to put my BIO up XD

Name: Camryn Taylor (Tells everyone her name is 'Camry Cunning')

Power: Can cause people to hear things. Anything, really: Doors creaking, footsteps, inaudible whispering.... someone sharpening a knife--even imitate someone's voice. Pretty much if she can think of it, or has heard it before, she can make you hear it.
Sometimes that can be a downside...

Eyes: Onyx with a gold ring around the pupil.

Hair: Multi-colored, with her natural chocolate brown being the base, and a racoon tail (coloring, not ACTUAL racoon tail). It's long and straight, with choppy layers near the top. She styles it different ways, though she's rather fond of making it into a faux-hawk.

Body Build: Around 5'6", with a very healthy weight, and a light muscle mass.

Backstory: The entire thing is a bit big, so I'll just lay down the basics: Pretty much, once her family figured out (due to a certain event with other smaller ones stapled onto the bottom) that their house indeed was NOT haunted, and it was really Camryn causing all the strange, eerie noises, well... let's just say it was only a matter of time before she got shipped off into her new home/prison.
If she was honest she'd tell you that she thought that they would understand; Her and her powers were a package deal, along with her irrepressible desire to use them, even if sometimes for mischievous purposes. Instead, their actual reaction and response has left her feeling somewhat hollow, and confused - not to mention betrayed. The rather brief explaination she'd gotten as to what exactly was going on didn't help these feelings.
Really, to say the least, all reasurance and comfort she may have had in this situation was now gone...

Extra Info: Camryn, along with her ultra extreme love for music, also picked up boxing as a passtime/hobby, and thus is rather strong and athletic for her size.
She's wild, cunning, musical, swift to judge, and somewhat of a recluse (though she prefers the word 'exclusive') at heart.
As to the physical realm, she tends to wear crazy amounts of equally crazy eye makeup, and has a heart tattoo on her right hip.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:19 pm

Gosh... she could easily terrorize Zair, heh
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Song_of_Storms » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Hiya! Is this still open to join? ...I apparantley tend to ask after everyone is done accepting characters/players. n.n;
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby insanewitapen » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:43 pm

Hey there! Silver_Wolf454, who's in charge of this roleplay, isn't going to be on for a little bit. And I don't know if it's still okay or not, we have alot of characters, but I'm not at liberty to say yes or no. :3

The roleplay is also at a break for people to get caught up, and for three days in the actual story to pass. So afterwards could be a good time for you to join if you're accepted when Silver comes back! ^_^
Llux-Sanctuary[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
insanewitapen

Postby Song_of_Storms » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:54 pm

Fine with me. Thanks. ^^
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby Tarnish » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:21 pm

I was told to post here (In a sort of official way, I suppose) that I'm no longer participating in this RP. Or any RP, for that matter.
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby insanewitapen » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:51 pm

Thank you Tarnish! :D

For the people who are still in the rp, I sent p.m.s to the "un-active" people asking them if they'd want to come back or not. Thought it'd be helpful to know who's "officially" in or out at this point in the roleplay.
Llux-Sanctuary[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
insanewitapen

Postby christianfriend » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:08 pm

I'de like to continue, but woo am I behind! I think the last page I read was...around 100. X3;;; I don't think I'll ever have the time to read all of the pages I missed. Has anything huge happened in the last 50 pages??
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby insanewitapen » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:22 am

Yay! Hey C-friend, I'll try to make up a quick summary of major events for you after school today! You can also skim the past catch up, more detailed, summary things I did in the OOC thread if you want.

Welcome back~ :3
Llux-Sanctuary[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
insanewitapen

Postby Mister Frodo » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:57 pm

I'd love to make an eloquent opening to this post, but I'll just be brief...

I have not posted on the Shadow Dwellers thread in FOREVER. I haven't checked it either. Still, I would like to reactivate my characters from their stasis, or inactivity, or, um, absence.

My characters are Tal and Natalie. I'm going to post on the Recap Center to ask for a recap, but please know: I would like to re-enter Shadow Dwellers! I'll try to be better at following along this time... I hope.

Oh yeah, and if I get into a phase where I haven't posted in a while, feel free to PM me about it. Sometimes I will forget or ignore an RPG so please, remind me! It will help. I think.
Mister Frodo

Postby insanewitapen » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:07 pm

Alright! Thanks for rejoining too MisterFrodo. Sorry I haven't gotten the recap done yet, I got sick and thus, busy. I'll start now.

Oh and, USSRgirl has dropped out for now due to traveling. *sigh* Her characters will not be killed off or anything so she can come back if she wants. They'll just not be addressed when we start back up.
Llux-Sanctuary[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
insanewitapen

Postby insanewitapen » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:12 pm

Okay guys! I posted the summary/re-cap in the actual role play thread! Go seee~ Go reaad~ ...now U.U
Llux-Sanctuary[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
insanewitapen

Postby CelticWarrior20 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:24 pm

anybody mind if i come back and create a new character?

Name: Dan

Power: Can use PSI to control the weather and elements

Eyes: dark Brown

Hair: Black and a bit short but not too short

Body Build: 6'5 240 lbs

Backstory: Whats there to tell my parents sent me here and ive been going here ever since

Extra Info: has a flirtatious side ^^ but is super nice

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:46 pm

(I hope this is alright >_<)

Name: Kanya Hadiyya

Power: She can get into someones head and 'trick' their eyes into seeing things that aren't really there.
She can also put dreams into someones head (if she's close enough) while they're sleeping.
The most she can do with her powers is 'trap' someone. She can trap someone inside their own mind. On the outside, they look lifeless, but inside their mind, she created an alternate reality. If she trapped one person, she cannot trap another without releasing the first one. In order to trap someone, it takes a large amount of her energy and concentration. If her concentration breaks for even a second, the person returns to normal (but she wouldn't be able to start over right away because of the energy it already drained from her). Also, if she leaves the person trapped too long, it could become permanent for them. She has refrained from trapping people because of the side effect it has on her.

Eye color: Dark blue

Hair color/description: She has straight angled black hair that goes a little past her shoulders and the angle starts from a little below her eyes. She also has dark blue streaks in her hair and her hair usually covers most of her face.

Build of the body: Kind of skinny. 5'4

Extra info: Before she was dropped off at the mansion, she used her powers on people she was angry at. She made them have horrible nightmares and made them see things. After a while, they caught on that she was the cause of it and dropped her off at the mansion. After that, she has had a major attitude change.

She usually wears dark clothing. Preferably black baggy cargo pants with chains on them, dark long sleeve shirts, black converse shoes, a blue pendant necklace, and fingerless black gloves.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby silver_wolf454 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:51 pm

Nice Accepted.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

silver_wolf454

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:52 pm

Sweet!
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:58 pm

I would like to join too if allowed?

Name: Tori Sagewa

Power: She can use any type of shadows to her will. She can form them into weapons, creatures etc. She does use energy when doing so. However, when she is frightened the shadows will protect her.

Eye color: It changed color and often has specs of blood and gold

Hair color/description: She has dark brown hair, often pulled into a bun.

Build of the body: Thin but tone. 5'4". She's slightly tan.

Extra info: When she is lonely she will make a wolf-shadow to keep her company. She calls this creature, "Vincent". She is quiet and reserved. She only knows that she was outcasted by her family, seen as a "demon" and still struggles with her childhood memories.
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:23 pm

[font="palatino Linotype"]Eh-heh, I never made a profile for Zwairt. o.o

Name: Zwairt-Gehende

Power: He IS a power. He can control other shadows like himself. He is a shadow, nothing more than a dark reflection with emotions.

Build: Tall and very skinny/lanky, but not TOO much.

Eye color: Black

Hair color: Black with lime green streaks.

Personality: He is very caring, and has MAJOR bouts of jealousy when it comes to his "little sister", Zingende. He loves to play the synthesizer, and he is generally passive...
[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby silver_wolf454 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:07 pm

This Rpg is now closed to new members. If any one is interested post and I will pm you if a spot opens.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

silver_wolf454

My Resignation

Postby Danyasaur » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:19 pm

This is a hard post to write for me, even if some of you may not understand it.
I’m resigning myself from the role plays I am currently in, and removing myself from the internet save for checking my e-mail every so often.
I’ll explain to the best I feel I‘m allowed.

God has asked me to lay down my creative writing, along with the time I spend online (TV and Movies also, as far as I know). I’m sure that to some that fact will not make sense, but to me the clarity is crystal.
There comes times in your lives that God may (Though He may not) ask you to lay down something that’s a part of you. In my life it happens to be the worlds and the beings that my keyboard and my mind have created. And it hurts.
But He’s not being mean.
Sometimes things, no matter what they are, can become all consuming. Even things that you love, and that are even possibly good things.
God does not look down upon, or despise the creativity I’ve poured into my creations (He loves my creativity, I know, because He told me). He’s jealous (Exodus 34:14 ; Deuteronomy 4:24) of the fact that they have taken up residency in places of my heart they never belonged, drawing close to the edge of becoming as idols.
It takes up my time and my heart. Both should be fully His. (Matthew 22:36-37)

I guess basically what I want to convey the most is this:
I want Jesus more than I want my writing, drawing, music, creativity, entertainment, my friends, my family, my hopes, my dreams, my security, my comfort, the deepest desires of my heart… He surpasses all of them. And if giving up a part of who I am will please Him, will draw me in closer to Him, then - no matter how much it may hurt - I will do it happily, and not count it as loss.

Please understand that I love you all so deeply that at times it quite literally hurts. Me leaving will never ever change that love.
I’m sorry for any non-spoken obligations I’ve had to all of you concerning the role plays and the writing, including inconveniences that this may cause as a side effect. I’m also deeply sorry if it hurts anyone in any way shape or form. But this is something I have to do, and something I will not back out of.

For some of my closer friends (Linda, Dan, Laura, Bryt, Tee, Rose), all of you listed are entitled to my home phone number, which you can get either by e-mailing me (I’ll make sure my CAA e-mail is a current address), or getting it from Linda. You can call me at any time, but you are not obligated to. Anyone else not listed is entitled to e-mailing me.

If any of you still want know more about why I’m leaving, then don’t hesitate to ask. I’ll except any questions you have to the best of my ability.

I love y'all, and I pray that God pours out blessings on all of you.

- Danya

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby insanewitapen » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:41 pm

I will call you atleast every week Danya. <:] I love you for this even though it hurts and I'm very proud of you as I have said. You will be an inspiration to me in taking this step when the time comes in my own life to lay all these things down, which I have absolutely no doubt it will. I have an inkling it may also be closer than I realize. ;]
'Love you so much my friend and you will definitely be missed in the rps, online, etc.

Okay, to all the SD people sorry for that emotional stuff. XD Though I believe this may be a good testimony to everyone anyway, what Danya's doing. :3
Chosen, I will have the nurse interact with Lusious soon so he's not left behind with Camryn gone. I will post soon! @o@~ *busybusy*
Llux-Sanctuary[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
insanewitapen

Postby Shilohan ninja » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:28 pm

I know the rp is closed do new arrivals at the moment, but just in case an opening appeares, here's my character:
Name: Joash Jedidiah Akira (a.k.a. the wheelchair ninja)

eye color: a very lite sky blue (btw, he's blind)

hair: snow white with blood red tips, long in front and layered in back and straight

skin: very dark brown

body type: slim and tone about 6'7" (if he were standing, that is)

ability: thou he's confined to a wheel chair due to accidental genetic mutations in his spine, he is extremely versitile and quiet (thus his nick-name above) allowing him to sneek up on anyone (and I do mean anyone, even a ninja 0.0); he can also summon other more mobile versions of himself to do the same.
He can also see things before they happen and can manipulate shadows into black holes

personality: usually quiet, thou holds a highly infectuous aura of inexplicable peace about him most of the time; is dressed in faded jeans and a Nintendo screen tee with a black leather choacker with a guitar pick hanging from it in front with a barbed wire cross embosed on it; he also has a soul patch and a stach

backstory: he was once strongly entangled in a web of the occult before getting saved by an old ex-girl friend. His parents soon found out and disowned him and kicked him out. While on the streets, he accidently discovered his ability to manipulate shadows into black holes. In the process, he accidentally caused someone to fall into one, in the middle of a mall! Needless to say, he was quickly aprehended and relocated to the shadowy place (the building in which this rpg takes place)

use it if you like Silver. Just pm me if and when you decide to allow him an opening. thanks
Finish Strong - 2Tim. 4:7,8
"[color="SeaGreen"]Speak up for those who never get a chance to choose life rather than those who have rights and use them improperly."[/color] - A good friend of mine
[color="Purple"]Normal is a setting on a washing machine[/color]. -A youth pastor of mine
[SIZE="5"]JESUS IS LORD![/SIZE] End of descussion.
[color="Red"]Farewell to false pretention
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell tomorrow burns[/color] - Demon HunterMy Blog
Shilohan ninja

Postby Shilohan ninja » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:20 pm

Btw, he's around 17.
Shilohan ninja

Previous

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying