Suburbia

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Suburbia

Postby GracefulRocker » Wed May 16, 2007 5:25 pm

Yet another RPG proposal that I pray won't die prematurely as many others of mine have... :sniffle:

OK, annnnnnnnnnnd we're off!!!

Setting: An average suburb near a fair sized city. The weather here is average, the population, the crime rate, every thing is average. This is not significant to the story, only the setting. Oh, and it's the beginning of summer.

Story line: We’re talking mainly teenagers and college students here, but any age is cool. The story line is up to those who play and how their characters react to each other. However, this may turn some of you away, there is no magic. No fantasy sort of stuff. This is an attempt to mimic real life, but a little more idealistically. Think Dawson’s Creek or Gilmore Girls, in the aspect that those sorts of things are “too coincidental and dramatic to really happen.â€
[font="Fixedsys"][color="DarkOrchid"]
Yes, I know I've been gone a while. Forgive me, and if it makes you feel better, blame it on college and chickens.
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

[SIZE="4"][color="Green"]"Conviction is a luxury of those on the side lines."[/color][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][color="SandyBrown"]"...And that's why you need a lightsabre."[/color][/SIZE]

[color="RoyalBlue"]"God hates Fred Phelps."[/color]
GracefulRocker

Postby rocklobster » Fri May 18, 2007 5:39 pm

Name: Jason Thayer
Ht/Wt: 6' 1"/125 lbs.
Appearance: Caucasian, skinny, with brown eyes and brown hair
Personality: A fun dude to be around. Always ready with a joke.
Background: Is in college learning to be an actor. (OK in reality, I was learning sociology in college. But I thought acting would be more fun)
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby everdred12a » Sat May 19, 2007 7:53 pm

I'm working on another one... I kinda hit some writer's block in the middle of creation =x

Name: Alex Howard
Ht/Wt: 5'7", 153 lbs
Appearance: Jet black hair and deep blue eyes. His hair is shaggy, and about 4 inches long. He would typically wear a pair of jeans or khakis (pants or shorts, just varies from day to day) and a t-shirt of some kind.
Personality: (I'd like to develop it in-game)
Background: The oldest child of his family. His family had just moved to (name of town; not sure what to put ;p ) in late January. He gets along with his parents fairly well, but he doesn't really share a good relationship with his sister.
Additional info.: He's a Junior in high school with an interest in writing. He has a part-time job after school at a local coffee shop, as well.

Unfortunately, I might have to change this a bit depending on how I end up working out my other character, so bear with me =s

everdred12a

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun May 20, 2007 3:28 pm

Name: Kyle Jacobson
Ht/Wt: 6'2"
Appearance: Image
Personality: Kyle is calm and relaxed, but can be very serious at times. He isn't the type to joke around, his yes is yes, and his no is no.
Background: Kyle is Blind. When he was younger he was involved in an accident that caused him to lose his eyesight. For the past nine years, Kyle has gone through extensive training without his eyes. Training that includes his ability to create art. He is best at creating sculpture, but can also paint. (Don't believe Blind people can create art go to: http://nebaart.org/2004/index.html ) Everyday is a struggle for Kyle, but he has learned to adapt with his disability.
Additional info: Kyle uses a white cane to get around, and he also uses his seeing eye dog, Shelby to get around. He is attending Payton University.

Name: Alexis Hillrich
Ht/Wt: 5'6"
Appearance: Image
Personality: Hot headed...but can be nice...if she likes you.
Background: Alexis's family isn't a very good one. Her mom moved out, and she has been left with an abusive father. She has run away from home several times. She enjoys playing her guitar when she gets the chance. And wishes to become a rockstar.
Additional info: uhh she wears really odd clothing! ^^;
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby GracefulRocker » Sun May 20, 2007 7:44 pm

You guys make my heart happy!!! :jump:

OK, well, I've decided on a name for the city. How does Ivensford sound?
Oh, and here are the names of 2 of the schools. It looks like they might play a role at some point. ^.^
Schools: Payton State University, Ivensford High

Name: Luna Bloom
Ht/Wt: 5'11", 120 lbs
Appearance: Tall, obviously, with shoulder length brown frizzy waves that she usually wears pulled back into a ponytail. She wears jeans and t-shirts for the most part, and no make up. Her eyes are greyish blue and intense but kind.
Personality: in game
Background: She lives in a small ground floor apartment, (afraid of heights), with her cat, Fender, and she works part time at a local dry dance club/hang-out as a waitress.
Additional info.: She dosn't talk about her home life or her family much. She tries to keep busy, and is always cheerful when other people see her.
Yes, I know I've been gone a while. Forgive me, and if it makes you feel better, blame it on college and chickens.
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

[SIZE="4"][color="Green"]"Conviction is a luxury of those on the side lines."[/color][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][color="SandyBrown"]"...And that's why you need a lightsabre."[/color][/SIZE]

GracefulRocker

Postby GracefulRocker » Sun May 20, 2007 7:45 pm

I'm going to submit soon, so please post your bios and/or questions soon if you haven't yet! :thumb:
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

GracefulRocker

Postby Kiba-kun » Sun May 20, 2007 10:02 pm

Name: Adam Von
Ht/Wt: 5'8"/136
Appearance: <In Pic>
Personality: Jason is the out going type. Always willing to listen or talk and lend a helping hand in school activities.
Background: Dispite Jason's totally upbeat attitude, his life absolutly sucks in the worst way for a highschool student with so much potential. When Jason was three, he was diagnosed with a minor brain tumor. With such a young person, the doctors didn't give Jason much longer to live but he beat the odds and is still living today. Unfortuantly, the tumor kept growing with his body and still is. His parents where so grief stricken that they swore of having another child and in turn, neglected Jason. His dad developed a terrible drinking problem and his mom . . . well she'll never be the same. Anyway, Jason had to strive to keep up with the rest of the class. But where he failed acedemically, he excelled in sports. Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis, Soccer, Baseball, Track, Cross Country, he did it all. The worst part is, nobody even knows about the tumor. His parents are so ashamed of what they created, they havn't told anyone, not even their own immediate family members. Jason knows. And he doesn't see any reason to enligten anyone.
Additional info: Dispite his small size, Jason is a force to be reakoned with on the field. Anyone dumb enough to challenge him learns what years of gamming can do to a person. He's got soft spot for animals. His best memories are going to the zoo and accidently getting into the gorilla cage and not being found for three hours.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FKA Mythmaster

Why must we be abandoned in times of need?
Do others not see when we yearn for their touch;
An insatiable hunger only they can feed.
Left alone with out their words – fallen into darkness.
Stumbling blindly without their light,
We fall and scream, knowing we've faced too much,
Knowing the only answer is flight.
Flight from the lives we once faced
And the joys and terrors others have brought.
Our time with them, a time of joy and life,
Wonder we all, was it for naught?
Kiba-kun

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon May 21, 2007 2:05 am

haha we have 2 jasons ^_^;
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Kiba-kun » Mon May 21, 2007 8:22 am

Curse it! My one shot at choosing a normal name and it's already takin! *goes to fix it*
FKA Mythmaster

Why must we be abandoned in times of need?
Do others not see when we yearn for their touch;
An insatiable hunger only they can feed.
Left alone with out their words – fallen into darkness.
Stumbling blindly without their light,
We fall and scream, knowing we've faced too much,
Knowing the only answer is flight.
Flight from the lives we once faced
And the joys and terrors others have brought.
Our time with them, a time of joy and life,
Wonder we all, was it for naught?
Kiba-kun

Postby GracefulRocker » Mon May 21, 2007 4:49 pm

Looks good guys! I'm going to go ahead and submit tomorrow afternoon, because I'm eager to start, but you are all welcome to continue to post bios and ask questions!
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

GracefulRocker

Postby Nami » Mon May 21, 2007 7:47 pm

WOOT!! I will join!!

Name: Akia Trenso
Ht/Wt: 5'8, 145lbs

Appearance
Hair: Short shoulder length slightly spiked at ends brown hair
Eyes: Emerald Green
Clothes: Anything baggy, some fitting clothes to. Skater Shoes or boots.

Personality: In game
Background: In game (if that's okay XD )
Additional info.: She lives with her Aunt and Uncle and owns a Shiloh(Sp) Shepherd (have a lot of wolf like attributes... they have a lot of wolf in them and are VERY big ) Is attending Payton University (what can you say? she is a genius)

-----------
Name: Akil
Ht/Wt: 6'3, Unsure of weight ^^;;;;

Appearance
Hair: Long Black pulled back near the end (like Neji's ) with a golden hair holder. Not as long as Neji's. Has long bangs that go past his chin and some hair that stays in his eyes.
Eyes: Azure
Clothes: Baggy cargo's/Baggy pants, t-shirts,... he wears a variety of clothes, also Skater shoes or Steel toed boots

Personality: In Game
Background: In Game
Additional info.: Lives with his Grandparents and goes to the Payton State University.
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby GracefulRocker » Tue May 22, 2007 8:57 am

Name: Stella Landsby
Ht/Wt: 4'11", 160 lbs
Appearance: Old, wrinkled, with sparkling bright blue eyes that always seem full of emotion. He long white hair is always either just down or braided back loosely. She dresses in plain loose dresses or jeans and button down tees.
Personality: She is the wise go-to person that every one in the community knows from some way or another. She knows alot and has seen even more. She's always willing to listen and issue advice to those that seek it, or those she thinks need it. She uses a cane and if she thinks you're being stupid, she'll whack on the head or the shins. She's very lovable. ^.^ Her age does not affect her energy. The woman seems almost tireless and has an insatiable hunger for life, yet she still always seems calm.
Background: She's older than dirt, and has lived in Invensford for as long as anyone can remember.
Additional info.: She is like Ivensford's grandma, and she treats them as such. She lives in a large old 2 story house with a wrap around porch covered with chairs, small tables, and a bench swing. It is a frequented gathering place.
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

GracefulRocker

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue May 22, 2007 9:31 am

ok! I want to join! :D

I know what to do! here we go!

*intense pokemon music comes on*

*Chibi grabs her hat and turns it so it's backwards. She grabs a pokeball off her belt and throws it*

"MIU! I CHOOSE YOU!"

(hahahah funny! 'Cause Miu is also a name of a pokemon.) XD

Name: Miu Ishida
Ht/Wt: 5' 3''- about 120 lbs.
Appearance: ImageImage
(Although, in this rp, i think she's going to have the hair of the first picture.)
Personality: She's very cheerful and kindhearted. She's sweet and very friendly, and is willing to get to know anyone. She can be sarcastic at times, and sometimes a bit pouty, but her optimistic personality usually takes back over. She loves to laugh and has an obsession with cute things. XD
Background: Her parents are both Japanese, both born and raised in Japan, they got married and had Miu in Japan, but moved to Ivensford because they had other family there, and Miu's father got a job there. Miu is a senior in Ivensford high. Her and her mom, dad, and two brothers live in a decent-sized house.
Additional info.: She has a 2 puppies- Momo, Image
and Koka- Image
:D

Yeah, I know. It's Miu. But I haven't RPed with her in such a long time. I need toooooo ;-;
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby GracefulRocker » Tue May 22, 2007 11:20 am

Ok, I'm submitting now, but you are still free to post bios and join!
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

GracefulRocker

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue May 22, 2007 12:36 pm

uc pseudonym

Postby GracefulRocker » Wed May 23, 2007 6:05 am

You heard the mod! Click on the link and come play with us!!! :jump:
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

GracefulRocker

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying