Secret War: A New Day

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Secret War: A New Day

Postby faithfighter » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:17 pm

Secret War: Centuries ago a war was waged. The battle was bloody and the death toll high. We thought it ended, but it had not. For centuries the battle continued on in secret. Even now in modern day America the battle rages on. The fours sides of the battle are: Wisdom the psychics who value the mind above all else, Children of Shadows who claim the darkness as their home, the Knights who live by honor and fidelity, and the Rangers whose lack of loyalty is made up for by their strength. Each side is relentless so the battle raged on. Until, Elliot, who was as evil as he was young, and his band of followers threatened the world as we know it. The four factions banded together to defeat him.
The war with Elliot ended with tragedy. The factions were destroyed the members dead or scattered. Only one of the faction leaders still draws breath, Pershan of Wisdom. But now in the year 2017 a new day is dawning for the survivors and an ominous feeling of the birth of new evil settles over the quite City which once was Smallville.

new members: if you were not part of the first Secret War worry not...it is made for you also! you can play as a new character or you can play someone older and just say they were there during the first war.
members of the first rpg: feel free to bring back your old characters or make new ones as you please. just add 12 years to your old characters age.

Bios:

Name:
Age: (younger then 25 if they weren't in the last war, older then 25 if they were)
history: try to be fairly indepth, unless your character has lost thier memory, or if you would like it to be secret for now
personallity:
appearence
privious faction: for the characters that fought in the first war, the factions are Wisdom, Knights, Rangers, and Children of shadows
powers: optional

Kiba is my co-gm!
any further question pm me or Kiba

~zooky
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby Kiba-kun » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:22 pm

Name: Kiba

History: After the war and past factions disbanded, Kiba sought a simple and quiet life with his true love Maya. However, their fate was not meant to be when an old “friendâ€
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FKA Mythmaster

Why must we be abandoned in times of need?
Do others not see when we yearn for their touch;
An insatiable hunger only they can feed.
Left alone with out their words – fallen into darkness.
Stumbling blindly without their light,
We fall and scream, knowing we've faced too much,
Knowing the only answer is flight.
Flight from the lives we once faced
And the joys and terrors others have brought.
Our time with them, a time of joy and life,
Wonder we all, was it for naught?
Kiba-kun

Postby faithfighter » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:59 pm

Name: Lavi Takaya
Bio: Lavi was a member of Wisdom but she betrayed them to work with Elliot. She disappeared after the war ended and hadn’t been seen since. Until a few months ago when she suddenly reappeared with a son, Jess. Lavi owns a bookstore on the outskirts of Smallville City.
Personality: dark, strong, mysterious
Appearance: blonde, petite, blue eyes, fair skin.
Power: psychic
Pervious faction: member of Elliot’s army

Name: Jess Takaya
Bio: Lavi’s young son, his past is a closely watched secret…but the reason is unclear
Personality: strange, and dark.
Appearance: blonde hair, and eerie clear blue eyes that seem to stare past year, short.
Power: undisclosed
Pervious faction: none

Name: Dio Macbeth
Bio: Dio is the descendent of Bailian Macbeth (the prior leader of the knights). His parents were killed in the war and Bailian took Dio under his wing. During the war Bailian was killed which left Dio broken. Over the years he has become bitter, darker and far less naïve than before. So many of the Knights died in the war that he is basically alone. He still bares a scar from the wound Elliot inflicted him with and the pain reminds him of all he lost.
Personality: dark, stoic
Appearance: black hair, brown eyes, tall, muscular. He wears a black trench coat that hides from the world his father’s sword that is always by his side.
Power: he is granted power from his father’s sword. It allows him to get injured and keep going much longer then that of a normal human.
Pervious faction: Knights
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby silver_wolf454 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:58 pm

I'll join. give me a day to come back and make a charactor ^^
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"][color="Green"]Banner art by: Shao-Feng-Li[/color][/SIZE]

"I am but mad north-north west. When the wind is southerly....I know a hawk from a handsaw."- Hamlet, Shakespeare's Hamlet

[color="DarkOrchid"] "There's rosemary - that's for remembrance. And there is pansies - that's for thoughts." [/color] -Ophelia, Shakespeare's Hamlet
silver_wolf454

Postby faithfighter » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:04 pm

yay!!!! thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
much Silverchan! *glomps*
faithfighter

Postby silver_wolf454 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:52 am

*is glomped* O-o

Name: Belus
history: A rouge of an ancient band of the Rangers. He just resently took up trying to find a place were he could belong
appearence:
Eyes: blue
hair: White
height:6'5
weight: 176
Build: lean but not scrawny
privious faction: Ranger
powers: unknown
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I am but mad north-north west. When the wind is southerly....I know a hawk from a handsaw."- Hamlet, Shakespeare's Hamlet

[color="DarkOrchid"] "There's rosemary - that's for remembrance. And there is pansies - that's for thoughts." [/color] -Ophelia, Shakespeare's Hamlet
silver_wolf454

Postby silver_wolf454 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:22 pm

And I'll bring back my old charactor ^^

faction: children of Shadow

Name:Durzen

apperence-
skin:pale
eyes:purple
hair:deep blue

Clothes: black tank,black jeans that are full of holes,finger less gloves

personality:Quiet and withdrawn not very social
weapon of choice:a bladed chain
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

silver_wolf454

Postby faithfighter » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:50 pm

thanks again for joining Silver!

we really need a few more people to join or this rpg can't start. soo please please! join us
faithfighter

Postby SnoringFrog » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:05 pm

I'll be joining, just give me some time to work up a new char and dig up my old one. The supposedly blind Rhen, I believe. Thank goodness for the 'similar threads' section.

BTW, here's the link to the old sign-up for returning people: http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=28482
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby SnoringFrog » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:20 pm

My old char:

Name: Rhen
history: Abandoned as a child and raised by a rnager to live only to further his own life. Although he often wonders what would be wrogn with helping others.
personallity: Over the years since the first war, Rhen's grown more open and talkative, but he still remains quiet alot of the time.
appearence: average height, brown hair, gray eyes, cane sword
privious faction: Rangers
Powers: just a human very skilled at combat
((i thought about making him really lose his eyesight in 'a freak accident involving a unopening door and a seemingly abandoned house' but I decided against it, lol. I might still blind him later though)).

And my new one:

Name: Corvus
History: Stolen from his parents at a very young age and raised in the Shadow, Corvus knows nothing save devotion for his faction. He has very few friends, and helps others only when it will be best for him in the long run.
Personality: Often silent, always alert, not easily surprised, doesn't like to lead, but will be the leader's shadow, giving him all the ideas but taking none of the credit, good or bad.
Appearance: jet black hair, dark brown eyes, average height and build so he often goes unnoticed. He carries one long dagger and numerous smaller knives with him at all times.
Faction: Children of Shadow
Powers: Corvus seems to have an odd connection with scavenging birds such as the crow and the raven, although no one is quite srue why. And he walks with no sound whatsoever when he chooses to.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
SnoringFrog

Postby EmoSamurai » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:51 am

name: heihachi (pronounced hey-ha-chi)
age-19

power-to turn into a wolf, move anything in the element of earth.
P.S.-has good skills with a katana

history-has been living a normal life until he finds out about his "powers" and then runs away to hide them from everyone in fear of them not accpeting him because he cannot yet control his power.

personality-like an emo

appearance-long black hair with dark red dyed tips(hair goes down to shoulders and covers one eyes. wears a dark brown sweatshirt that unzips and has a skull and a guitar on it. wears black pants that have a tear on the left knee. and shirt is plain black.
EmoSamurai

Postby GracefulRocker » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:56 am

Yeah, ok, I'll join. ;) This looks fun. Please be sure to pm me when it starts!
Name: Arabella

History: Her parents fought in the war, and both were killed near the end. She and her brother have been on their own since then.

Personallity: Quiet, but trusting and loyal to her friends. when she has them. She is kind, but reads people well, and is selective of those she speaks to and cares for.

Appearence: She looks like a veritable angel. She has long golden brown hair, silver eyes, and a smooth pale complexion. She is tall, 5'10", and is slender. She is very strong physically, much stronger than her brother thinks. Her eyes are kind and welcoming, but clever and sharp as well. She dresses in jeans and t-shirts and hoodies, very plainly, with her wavy hair down.

Former faction: Her parents were in the Wisdom faction, but her life on the road has made her a combination of what would've been a Ranger and Wisdom.

Powers: She holds great power, but seldom uses it to its full potential. She can manipulate water and air as well as shape shift.

----------

Name: Wesley

History: His parents fought in the war, and both were killed near the end. Ever since their deaths he's taken care of his younger sister. He fears her power and is very protective of her. He is not as quiet as she is, nor as trusting.

Personallity: He can be untrusting, out spoken, and jealous. He is strong, very strong, because he feels like he must make up for what he views a his inadaquecies. He has no powers like that of his sister or parents, and so he trains to be just as able as she.

Appearence: 6'5", yes, he's quite tall. He's well built and has an attractive bad boy look about him. His black eyes and hair contrast Arabella's well, but he has the same hints of his parents in his face as well. He wears jeans, t-shirts, and an old denim jacket. He carries a long sword on his belt.

Former faction: His parents were in the Wisdom faction, but he looks and behaves more like a Ranger.

Powers: None.
[font="Fixedsys"][color="DarkOrchid"]
Yes, I know I've been gone a while. Forgive me, and if it makes you feel better, blame it on college and chickens.
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

[SIZE="4"][color="Green"]"Conviction is a luxury of those on the side lines."[/color][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][color="SandyBrown"]"...And that's why you need a lightsabre."[/color][/SIZE]

[color="RoyalBlue"]"God hates Fred Phelps."[/color]
GracefulRocker

Postby goldenspines » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:03 am

I would like to join this rpg, please let me know if my character is suitable. *bows*

Name: Leawrenth Saav (called "Lea" by most)
history: She lost he memory at the age of 17 when she was found lying on the street by an old(claims to be one of the Children of shadows) woman that raised Lea as her own.
personallity: Nervous around a lot of people, kind and caring nature, humble and is grateful for what she has.
appearence: 5'7", slim figure, with short dark brown hair, emerald colored eyes.
privious faction: She does not remember who her parents were, her nature seems to be one of a Knight.
powers: The old woman that raised Lea taught her how to make many different kinds of potions and medicines. Lea is very skilled at this, and though she does not consider it a power, some do, after seeing the things one can do with potions.
goldenspines

Postby Nami » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:23 am

WEll, this looks like my kind of RPG XD Thank you Kiba-chan for pming me the link ^^ Hope these are good ^^

Name: Tyson Runigo
History: In Game
Personality:in Game
Appearence
Hair: Long Black Ponytail that goes to his thighs, also has shaggy bangs.
Eyes: Azure
Clothes: Baggy pants, tight muscle shirt, and baggy leather jacket, black leather books, and black leather belt. Sun Tatoo on his arm. Spiked collar and bracelet.
Piercings: Big silver loop.

Powers: None.
----

Name: Syla Unigo
History:In Game
Personality:In Game
Appearence:
Hair: Strawberry red, Long bangs, short ponytail.
Eyes: Deep Sea Green
Clothes: Blue jeans that flair largly at the bottom, two belts, one brown leather the other black, Baggy t-shirt with long sleeves, silver chain on neck.
Piercings: Three silver hoops at the top of her ear. (small hoops)

Powers: Has the strong ability to use all Elements.
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Kiba-kun » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:33 pm

Guys I'm loving the characters and I want to thank you all for joining. But your powers just don't match. The wizdom can use their minds just about anything but it's pretty much limited to telekinesis (moving stuff with your mind), telepathy (talk to other ppl with your mind) and teleportaion. There might be more to that that faithfighter might add later but that's all I remember the Wizdom doing. The Rangers and Knights don't have any powers really but they have great strenght and supreme physical prowess. The Children of Shadow can do just about anything with shadows depending on how in depth they are with them. My character Kiba is a master of shadow maniupulation because he was turned COS by Karen, the former COS leader who possessed great strength and knowledge of shadows and passed it on. Where as Brair, my other COS wasn't so his powers are limited to say creating a barriar made of shadows and solidifying shadows.

I could be entirely wrong (I'm not the one who made Secret War) but I don't think characters can shape shift or control elements. Don't change your profiles yet. I'll ask ff tonight.
FKA Mythmaster

Why must we be abandoned in times of need?
Do others not see when we yearn for their touch;
An insatiable hunger only they can feed.
Left alone with out their words – fallen into darkness.
Stumbling blindly without their light,
We fall and scream, knowing we've faced too much,
Knowing the only answer is flight.
Flight from the lives we once faced
And the joys and terrors others have brought.
Our time with them, a time of joy and life,
Wonder we all, was it for naught?
Kiba-kun

Postby GracefulRocker » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:43 pm

Sorry, kiba! I had never thought about that...ok, well, let me know if it's ok. I'm fine with changing it, although I really would like to keep shapeshifting...anyways, let me know what you guys want me to do. :thumb:
Yes, I know I've been gone a while. Forgive me, and if it makes you feel better, blame it on college and chickens.
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

[SIZE="4"][color="Green"]"Conviction is a luxury of those on the side lines."[/color][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][color="SandyBrown"]"...And that's why you need a lightsabre."[/color][/SIZE]

GracefulRocker

Postby SnoringFrog » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:07 pm

Being aroudn for part of the original Secret War, I'd have to agree with Kiba on this. I even think the powers I gave Corvus could have been considered pushing it, but I dont' intend on using them all that often or for that much, so I put it in anyways. But I'd definately have to agree that the elements and shape-shifting probably aren't what ff meant by powers.
SnoringFrog

Postby EmoSamurai » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:34 pm

well you could start like an off breed ro something

something just created by accident in experiments, not real fun have few things to choose from :\
EmoSamurai

Postby faithfighter » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:45 pm

wow!!! I'm supremely touched that all you guys choose to join! *glomps for everyone* your character bios are awesome! I love um all! thank you guys for the hard work you put into those bios!

ok on to the issue at hand. about the powers though it's true there were very few powers in the original rpg JadeFox and myself made I think we can work something out to give you all a few more options. let me confer with my assosiate and I'll post again when we come up with an idea.
faithfighter

Postby Nami » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:32 pm

Then I suppose I should edit Syla's power neh? I figured there was a certain thing ^^
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby faithfighter » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:38 pm

no editing is needed.
Kiba and I have confered and here is the idea.

during the battle with Elliot the orb (a special object of power from the first rpg) was distroyed releasing it's power on the general populous with strange ramifications (aka the cause of the new powers.)
now we don't contridict the old game but also no one has to edit.
is that good with everyoen?

-zooky
faithfighter

Postby SnoringFrog » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:00 pm

Sounds cool to me.
SnoringFrog

Postby GracefulRocker » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:46 pm

*does a little dance* W00t! Thank you oh gracious GMs!
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

GracefulRocker

Postby faithfighter » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:24 pm

your welcome graceful and Swampy *thumbs up* glad it works for ya guys.
everyone else ok with it?
faithfighter

Postby christianfriend » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:09 am

Ooookay, Here's my character! Im still workin' on the history though >.< If you have any ideas then throw 'em at me!

Name: Jun-Rae Trance

Appearance-
Eyes: Topaz
Hair Color: A dark shade of purple, almost black.
Hair Style: Long(waist lenght) and always in a high ponytail with his long bangs hanging on either side of his face.
Height: 6'8"
Weight: 167 pounds.
Bodybuild: Lean, muscular.
Skin: Pale
Markings: Roaring black lion tattoo that covers his entire back and a heavy metal looking tattoo of a cross on the left side of his neck.
Piercings: Bar pierced through the arch of his left eyebrow, one ball earing with an upside-down triangle hanging from it in each ear lobe.
Clothes-
Top: Plain fitted black short sleeved shirt.
Bottom: Worn out leather black pants, nicely fitted but not too tight or too baggy.
Shoes: Back shin-high boots with purple straps and metal tips.
Accessories: Purple tinted goggle/glasses with black lining, Metal armband and a belt with two staps that are attactched to the front and criss cross over his chest and back, creating a leather 'X'.

Powers: Monster like strenght (such an original power XD) and the ability to see into the future when he has contact with anyone or anything.

Dislikes: Applesauce and people who are full of themselves.
Hobbies: Writing romance / suspence books in his free time and playing the violin.

Personality: Jun has a friendly smile and is always ready to meet someone new. He's a nice guy, but sometimes doesn't handle situations right and gets himself into trouble, especially with the ladies. He definatly gets his fair share of slaps from time to time, but also gets a lot of dreamy sighs because of his outstanding kindness and willingness to help a complete stranger.
History:-- Coming soon! ~<3
Other: He's a frequent smoker and always has a shrivled cigerette inbetween his dull pink lips.

Oh! And here's a quick sketch of Jun I did a few minutes ago <3 hope you enjoy and sorry for all the mistakes and the poor scan quality!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby Kura Ookami » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:27 am

I'll join. Thanks for pm'ing me the link faithfighter. Here's my character

Name: Katalya
History:

Her parents were both rangers and were killed during the last war leaving her alone.

Personality:

Katalya is a tomboy who likes to fight competitively against strong fighters

Appearence

Long dark blue hair held in a ponytail. 5'8" tall and has azure eyes. She dresses in tabnktops and shorts

Powers:

She has no powers, but she does have a strong knowledge of medicines and poisons and has gradually increased her own resistance to poison so it has little effect on her.
Absence is to love as wind is to a flame. It extinguishes the little, it ignites the great.

Life is a test. It is only a test. Had this been real life you would have have been instructed where to go and what to do.

When i argue with reality I lose.....But only 100% of the time.

Once you've decided on a course of action, only you can finish it. As long as you remember that, there's nothing you can't accomplish.
Kura Ookami

Postby EmoSamurai » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:14 am

can't wait to start the rpg. it is getting good
EmoSamurai

Postby GracefulRocker » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:20 am

I am anxious as well for it to start! :jump:
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

GracefulRocker

Postby Nami » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:34 pm

faithfighter wrote:no editing is needed.
Kiba and I have confered and here is the idea.

during the battle with Elliot the orb (a special object of power from the first rpg) was distroyed releasing it's power on the general populous with strange ramifications (aka the cause of the new powers.)
now we don't contridict the old game but also no one has to edit.
is that good with everyoen?

-zooky

Woot! Sounds good to me! ^^ YAY I can't wait! :evil:
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby faithfighter » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:10 pm

I'm glad the plan is ok with all of you!
and it's good to see the excitement here!!
your welcome Kura Ookami!! I'm glad you came.
I'm sooo glad all of you came *another group glomp*
we're sending it to Yumie on monday. ^_^
faithfighter

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying