Shallow Skies

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

A City of Rusted Souls

Postby Tarnish » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:33 pm

"Curiosity killed the cat, right? We've all heard this so many times, that it's become little more than a hated cliché. But curiosity, in reality, is never a bad thing. I know you've wondered what is behind the white door on Hope Street. You know. The one that always seems to be closed? The one that no one ever comes back from?

I'm certain I can get you through that door, and back here again, alive. But that would be too easy, wouldn't it? Besides, if I just out and told you, the feds would be on me in no time. First, you'll need to get on the subway to Blanc, and solve a little puzzle I've left there..."

Mercury City is practically constructed of fear and distrust. Well, aside from your usual iron and steel. It is a place where no one seems to respect human life, because there is none. Every citizen is a specially made automaton, each with their own personality and look.

A small, white door separates the city from something totally unknown. No one dares touch it, because those who have tried were taken away, and never seen again. Most are convinced that a sort of paradise is beyond the door.

Lately, a select group of automatons have gotten the above message in their email, from a girl named "Mickey". Whether they want to go about their lives or attempt to uncover the truth is up to you.

The RP will play a bit like a text adventure. Things you can pick up are written in italics, things you can use are written in bold. Should you need to see your inventory, you can PM me.

Here are the basic rules/tips:

The normal things. No swearing, no gnashing of teeth, no skimpy outfits, no god-modding, no bringing up embarrassing high school nicknames, etc...

You shouldn't have to worry too much about dying, early in the game, but later on it will get easier to do so. If you want to edit your dying post, you are welcome to. Think of it as "saving your game".

Puzzles can be solved in more than just one way, but should you need a hint, use the robot you are given to contact Mickey.

Okay, here's the form. You can play as either good, or evil characters. Do not list your alignment, though, in case some one wants to surprise us.

Name:
ID Number (Optional):
ID Keywords (Three words that describe your character):
Specialty (Lock-picking, persuasion, etc.):
Bio/Personality:

Here's mine:
Name: Mickey
ID Number: 024
ID Keywords: *erased*
Specialty: Hints
Bio/Personality: Mickey is being controlled, but by what is unknown. She is a little sarcastic, cruel, and sometimes likes to make people go the long way around, just for fun.
She means well, though, and is doing her absolute best to make sure the others get through the door unharmed.

I will also be playing any "NPC"s.
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby silver_wolf454 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:36 am

Name: Boren
ID Keywords (Three words that describe your character):big, hard hearted, model five
Appearance:black hair done in spikes, green eyes, black button-up shirt (open to his bare chest), grey jeans, and combat boots
Specialty (Lock-picking, persuasion, etc.):strength
Bio/Personality:a bit hard headed, he was created to work

Name: Arrow
ID Keywords (Three words that describe your character): *erased*
Appearance:slender and tall, brown wavy hair alittle past his jaw, brown eyes, middrift shirt (green), many belts and earings, high-tops (black), jeans that flare out at the bottom
Specialty (Lock-picking, persuasion, etc.):Lock-picking
Bio/Personality: if it's ok I would like him to work with Mickey unless she works solo
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"][color="Green"]Banner art by: Shao-Feng-Li[/color][/SIZE]

"I am but mad north-north west. When the wind is southerly....I know a hawk from a handsaw."- Hamlet, Shakespeare's Hamlet

[color="DarkOrchid"] "There's rosemary - that's for remembrance. And there is pansies - that's for thoughts." [/color] -Ophelia, Shakespeare's Hamlet
silver_wolf454

Postby Tarnish » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:50 am

Well, every one of the good guys sort of "work" with Mickey. It depends on what you want Arrow to be doing!

EDIT: Crud. I wasn't expecting so little interest. Oh well, what can you expect when the co-creator's last RP only lasted about two weeks?

...Though in my defense, most the main characters players only lurk, now. XD;;
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby silver_wolf454 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:34 am

Ah don
t worry about it start pming people they'll come O_O
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"][color="Green"]Banner art by: Shao-Feng-Li[/color][/SIZE]

"I am but mad north-north west. When the wind is southerly....I know a hawk from a handsaw."- Hamlet, Shakespeare's Hamlet

[color="DarkOrchid"] "There's rosemary - that's for remembrance. And there is pansies - that's for thoughts." [/color] -Ophelia, Shakespeare's Hamlet
silver_wolf454

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying