Aquatic Dreams

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Aquatic Dreams

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:33 pm

Gaah!? there aren't any merpeople RPs?! Well, I think we should start one, ne?

Sooo here we go!

Deep under water, there lies mysteries that men may never know. Creatures that await to be discovered. Or maybe, they are intelligent enough to hide from us? What if there is another race of creatures so closely related to us? That we dare to call them, almost human?

Well deep below the ocean's surface, there lies a kingdom of creatures with tails of aquatic animals, but bodies of humans. These creatures of lore, are called MerPeople...

This is their story...

In this role play we will play these merpeople...but you aren't limited to the standard fish design!! Go crazy with your designs guys, For example use a shark body, or even a squid! Be more original than Ariel from Disney. ^_^

I plan to make this roleplay as interesting as possible, including having some bad guys, or scientists get too clsoe to our characters, and possibly...a kidnapping.. BWAHAHA! *cough*

Anyways..this should be interesting! Please join :D

you will need to fill out this sheet in order to be considered:

NAME
APPEARANCE (include what Sea creature you are taking the fins from)
Background:
Extra: anything else you want to add!

So have fun!! I will pick my co-gm at a later date! :)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby CHILD OF AVALON » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:31 pm

I LOVE MERMAIDS

NAME Sani
APPEARANCE: deep purple nearly black fin. Black hair and purple eyes, webbed fingers. Looks like The pic on the web addy below only as discribed in these colors

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/27779433/?qo=40&q=by%3Asolipherus&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps

makes her tops out of seaweed and other water stuff, but its fashionable. lives in a small but tidy cave.

Background: Very independant and head strong. but she doesnt know what she wants out of life, shes been every where there is to go. And is a story teller to the little ones of her neighborhood
I <3 my sister Kit-chan very muchly :hug:
CHILD OF AVALON

Location: in the middle of nowhere usa which is just north of oblivion and south of end of the world

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:03 pm

(ACCEPTED! BTW My sis didn't draw that pic..the person who writes the for the very awesome Sea Princess Azuri did! ^_^)

Name: Lilyn
Appearance:
Personality: Curious and inquisitive, she loves to listen to Sani's stories. Her Otterian Friend, Speedo is always at her side.
She has wings, but she can't really fly with them. they do help her swim though!

Name: Meryle
Appearance: (pic below)
Personality: Meryle is serious about life. She can have fun, but generally she wants to keep her family safe. She longs for that secret love in her life to make his appearance so she can swim off into the sunset with him. Her little sister likes to give her grief about her daydreams.
Background: Meryle is the oldest in her family, and feels a bit bound to them. She wants desperately to go off on her own and start her own life. Even if that means leaving her lovely home to do it. She has heard stories of merpeople in other oceans and longs to join them.
Power: NA

Name: Arnon
Gender Male
Appearance: (pic below)
Personality: He is a warrior at heart and is quite protective of the people around him. He knows how to have a good time, however. He is aware of the threat to his people and is currently trying to recruit some help to stop the plague known as mankind.
Background: As child he knew he wanted to be a big strong warrior for his family. After his mom suddenly disappeared one day, he vowed that he would grow strong enough to never allow that to happen again.
Power: He is really strong...

Meryle and Lennox: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/50024794/

Name: Andreas
Age 18
Appearance: Slender. His tail is the stereotypical merman tail, with only a dorsal fin. His hair is bright red with orange streaks, and his tail is yellow and red.
Personality: Andreas is a poet at heart and just wants to write. He also loves to explore the beautiful world around him, even venture upon land to write about the scenery.
Background: He has always been a studious merman. As a child he was always considered the geek in his graduating pod. He always ignored the taunts and wrote poetry.
Power: NA
Pic of Andreas
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/48749492/?qo=18&q=by%3Achristiankitsune&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby christianfriend » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:53 am

Hey, This sounds like fun! o.o I just hope I can keep up with you guys and your fast rpging!

Name: Jeneva Cyrpise
Underwater animal: Legendary sea monster (I hope that's ok! >.< If not I'll edit what needs to be edited!)

Appearance-
Eyes: Sharp, narrow looking eyes. One is an icey blue the other is grey.
Hair color: Dark Grey on the top of his head then gradually turns into black.
Hair Style: Long, just passed his shoulders.
Torso Bodybuild: Slim, Muscular (Well toned).
Skin: Snowy white with dark blue scale-like skin lining his jaw.

Piercings- (o.o I also hope It's ok that he has piercings >.>)
Fin/Ears (Since..well..he has fin like ears): Pierced all the way up with a variety of earrings.
Nose: Small diamond stud on the left side of his nose.
Lip: thin, small silver hoop on the right most side of his lower lip.
Other: 5 rather small diamond studs lined on the side of his left eye.

Markings: Larve V's under each eye, both colored with dull blue colors.

Personality: He's a rather grumpy soul, but can..can be nice if you get to know him..or give him something sweet to eat.

Dislikes: People interupting his alone-time/sleeping time.

Background: Jeneva is a loner because he can't seem make any friends with that constant grumpy attitude of his. He comes from the waters of Japan, which is where the rest of his family is at the moment. But that's why he left, because of his family. Who are also grumpy and unfriendly. And I don't think having a large family of grumpy merpeople would be very enjoyable to have would it? So you can see why he left.

Other: His lower, sea dragon style part of his body is 12 feet in length, scaly and is colored with a variety of blues on the top and is gray underneath. His fingernails are long and sharp, the same with his teeth. Oh! And he has a small pet that he found in a deep ocean trench. It's of an unknown species.

^^ Here's a pic of the cute little fellah

If anything needs to be edited I'll get on it right away!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:34 am

nope everything looks fine!! Very detailed...

*transforms into Chibi ChristianKitsune, jumps in the air and Stamps, "ACCEPTED" on your forehead.*
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Althaia » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:45 pm

NAME:rosealia (rose for short)
APPEARANCE: see below
Background: she was once the daugther of a powerful figure but she under mystrious circumstances left that family. she is widely known thourghoutthe oceans as the water rose for she sings for concerts and such she has been looking for the one she lost a long time ago she seems tothink she maybe able to find him if she sings so she does
Extra: she has a a tattoo of wings beneath both eyes

rosealia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color=cyan]† [size=84]smile Jesus loves you[/SIZE][/color]

procastinators unite.......................tommorrow

[color=palegreen]So in times when all your hope is gone
And you go through life afraid
In your heart there lies a hopeful song
That is there to guide the way
And all the hurt and all the pain
You soon will learn was not in vain
For all your prayers, they will be heard
They'll come to pass through faith [/color]

[color=palegreen]~When you Believe from Prince of Egypt

[/color]
Althaia

Postby silver_wolf454 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:04 pm

name:Ori
eyes:blue green
hair:black short and spiky
hight:6'3
fins: lion fish (black and white stripes with frills)
Accessories:a chain covered in seaweed around his neck
Marking(Scars, Tattoos. Etc):scars on his chest and back a tatoo of a shark on his side/hip
Personailty:dosn't talk much
History:unknown
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"][color="Green"]Banner art by: Shao-Feng-Li[/color][/SIZE]

"I am but mad north-north west. When the wind is southerly....I know a hawk from a handsaw."- Hamlet, Shakespeare's Hamlet

[color="DarkOrchid"] "There's rosemary - that's for remembrance. And there is pansies - that's for thoughts." [/color] -Ophelia, Shakespeare's Hamlet
silver_wolf454

Postby rocklobster » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:19 pm

Well, I'd love to RP again with you, CK, so why not?
NAME: Raydia
APPEARANCE: Half-human, and half-manta ray
Background: Raydia comes from a rare race of merpeople who evolved from manta rays. He possesses a deep sense of purpose and justice. When he learned of the villain who killed most of his people, he vowed revenge. He is the resident superhero of this story.
Extra: uses a trident that shoots out barbs that can give neuro-electric shocks.
How's that for originality!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:28 pm

Rocklobster, I can't accept this right now because we are all equal characters in this story, to say that your Character is the Resident Superhero isn't fair to other roleplayers. We are all important to this story, not just one character in particular... I am sorry please revise your character, Call me picky or mean if you want, but I have standards, and I know what I want with this roleplay. Otherwise I like the idea of a manta ray.

SilverWolf, your character is accepted.

Wow I guess I am gonna have to make my characters a little older to fit in with you guys xD
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby rocklobster » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:44 pm

okay then, can I still be a good guy though?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:46 pm

yes, but you can't god mod, your character will not be invinsible, if I see any god modding from any characters, I will call you on it. Probably resulting in expulsion from the role play.

the goal of this game is for EVERYONE to have fun, and if one character is hogging all the powers/ attention it can't be a fun game for everyone.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Althaia » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:34 pm

hey christinekitsune you like my character? ^_^ :O you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find nice mermaid pictures sheesh >_>
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color=cyan]† [size=84]smile Jesus loves you[/SIZE][/color]

procastinators unite.......................tommorrow

[color=palegreen]So in times when all your hope is gone
And you go through life afraid
In your heart there lies a hopeful song
That is there to guide the way
And all the hurt and all the pain
You soon will learn was not in vain
For all your prayers, they will be heard
They'll come to pass through faith [/color]

[color=palegreen]~When you Believe from Prince of Egypt

[/color]
Althaia

Postby CHILD OF AVALON » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:45 pm

Name: Geslynn
Apperance: Human, brown hair, sea green eyes. (for now) pettite
Backround: She is a princess of a kingdom that borders the ocean her home is on the edge of a cliff over looking the ocean. Her family isn't much on love. they dont care much for her in the way of a person she is only an asset to them and are planning to wed her off to the highest bider. She doesn't mind though until one day a chance encounter with the merpeople changes her life. She then starts to question all she has known, and what she has been taught to feel.
I <3 my sister Kit-chan very muchly :hug:
CHILD OF AVALON

Location: in the middle of nowhere usa which is just north of oblivion and south of end of the world

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:57 pm

Raven wrote:hey christinekitsune you like my character? ^_^ :O you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find nice mermaid pictures sheesh >_>

GAH! (I totally forgot to reply to yours!! I am not a bad person I promise! yes I did like your character, sorry... you are accepted!

Oneechan, your character looks OKAY but I probably should mentino that we are in the morden time period.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby faithfighter » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:56 pm

NAME: Rory
APPEARANCE: her lower body is the tail of a eel, and is silver/gray. Her upper half is human. her hair is the color of starlight, it is long and flowing. her hands are webbed and her skin is a soft green. her eyes are a beautiful deep purple.
Background: she has no memory of her past. she is a freespirit and goes with he (excuse the pun) flow.
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:07 pm

faithfighter wrote:NAME: Rory
APPEARANCE: her lower body is the tail of a eel, and is silver/gray. Her upper half is human. her hair is the color of starlight, it is long and flowing. her hands are webbed and her skin is a soft green. her eyes are a beautiful deep purple.
Background: she has no memory of her past. she is a freespirit and goes with he (excuse the pun) flow.

XDD nice pun

accepted
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby rocklobster » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:13 pm

I'm reposting Raydia's info, CK. Hope this looks better
NAME: Raydia
APPEARANCE: half-human, half-manta ray
Background: Raydia comes from a race of endangered merpeople who evolved manta rays. He has vowed revenge on the villain who destroyed most of his kind. He has a deep sense of purpose and justice.
Extra: uses a trident that shoots out barbs which can render the victim unconscious and/or paralyze.
Is this better?

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:31 pm

MUCH more humble, thank you for revising. I am sorry for being so strict, but i can't have one person say their character is the main character, when everyone deserves that title.

thanks a lot, Rocklobster.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Tarnish » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:41 pm

Name: Dimmy (Like "Demi")
Appearance: Half human, half made up fishy-thingy. *PM for picture.*
Bio: Dimmy is the "crazy old woman". She talks in riddle-like sentences, and sometimes about inane things. Her family disowned her, early on.
She's not a bad person. She has a good head on her shoulders, though she tries to hide behind her insane cover, for fear of ever getting close to anyone.

Is that okay?...
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby Nami » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:49 pm

NAME: Stryle (Like Riley)
Appearance:
-Hair: Purple Blue colors that fade or shine brighter in the sun or under the moon
-Eyes: A Dark Purple/blue that seem to always be moving and mixing
-Tail Color/Design: Stryle's tail is like blue fire, wonderful and shiney. (Oh wow.. his tail is hard to descibe.. Uh... can.. I just draw you a piccy Kit-chan and upload it later. I have an idea.. but it's.. REALLY hard to explain. ^^;; if you wish for me to tell you now I will.. try XD ) It's got extra fins on the tail like a flying fish, and flying fish sorta wings on his back... ehe. Also hard to picture no?

Background: Stryle grew up as an orphan, he never knew who his parents were. He was raised by an elderly couple that died when he was 6, since then he lived alone, he is shy around people, and doesn't speak much. But he enjoys looking and collecting shells. Also he is facinated(sp) by these creatures he hears Dolphins say have two legs

Power: Is rather strong, though he looks like a weakling.

Extra: Stryle has a strange friend, that seems to be a mix between a Snake and an Eel, but it's frienly enough. With weird fish like fins.

NAME Lyra
GENDER Female
AGE 20
Race: Human (If thats okay)
APPEARANCE:
-Hair: Golden Brown Long down to her thighs
-Eyes: Orange fire
-Clothes: Baggy Cargos, T-shirt. Sandals.

Background: Lyra has never really been a popular person, her mother and father are marine biologists, and she goes with them from time to time. Once when she was younger she saw a Mer creature, but her parent's told her she was seeing things.
Extra: I dunno.. XD

I hope these two are okay.
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:21 pm

looks good to me, Nami, Wow..everyone' characters are so old!! What happened to teenage characters XDD

Yours is fine as well, Tarnish! ^_^ I hope you will have fun with that character.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Nami » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:47 pm

I am sorry ^^;; I wanted to match everyone elses age! I am sorry *cries* XDD I just didn't want my characters to be to young.. hey.. if it's okay, I am gunna make a little kid one XDD Kids are fun

NAME: Tsuno

Appearance:
-Hair: Emerald Green
-Eyes: Deep blue/Sky Blue
-Tail Color/Design: Dragonic tail, scales, dragon type feet coming from tail. Bottom fin is like fire, (Movement is based on his tail as a whole) Kit-chan.. this is kinda hard to describe.. so.. when I draw a picture XD You will get a better idea. LOL

Background: Tsuno was born and raised in the northern sea. Ever since he was little (5) he wanted to travel the seas and see what was beyond his homeland. Tsuno's parent's mystriously disappeared and he traveled the waters looking for a new place, or maybe to find out what its like to be a nomad. He can be friendly, but for the most part he is very stubborn and arrogant

Power: Tsuno can make small tsunami's but, that is very rare and takes a lot of his energy because he is only a kid.

Extra: Tsuno wears his mothers necklace so that he never forgets her or his father.

I hope this is okay XD My sis helped me with the idea of him having a dragon type tail XDDD
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:29 pm

AWWW maybe he and Lilyn can be friends! ^_^

he sounds ADORABLE!! DEFIANTE ACCEPT!

If everyone is ready, I can go ahead and pm the moderators... I will still be accepting rpers but sometimes it takes a while for the story to get accepted. ^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Nami » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:41 pm

YAY!! Thank you so much!! XD

YAY! I am totally ready XD
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:25 pm

PM has been sent... I will pm you guys when the RP is up and running.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Yumie » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:29 am

This roleplay has been approved by your friendly neighborhood moderator. :)
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby faithfighter » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:17 pm

NAME: Bade Rinilh
APPEARANCE: gray skin and long flowing silver hair. His hairs are frighteningly clear blue.
Background: Bade is the soul remainder of a special race of merpeople known as the Ixskia. They were an amphibious race able to live on both land and in the sea. All the Ixskia were killed in a freak, but traumatic accident. Bade refuses to ever speak of it. He has become withdrawn and has never traveled to the surface since the death of his people. He blames the humans for their death but refuses to say why.
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby christianfriend » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:54 am

Ok, here's a side character ^-^ Hope she's alright.

Name: Aeryn (Pronounced just like Erin) Jacen Aideen
Race: Human

Appearance-
Eyes: Bright emerald green
Hair: Light orange with black streak in front.
Hair style: Just above her shoulders, curves in towards her face.
Height: 5'
Weight: 111 pounds.
Bodybuild: Curvy and slender.
Skin: Light peach.
Piercings: Thin medium sized hoops with hearts dangling from them in each ear.
Markings: Blue star on her left cheek and a crescent moon around her left eye. Tounge piercing.
Clothes-
Top: Black fitted tank top.
Bottom: Knee length black flowing skirt with purple lace weaving through the bottom.
Shoes: Black spiked high-heels.
Accessories: Black choker and pink bracelet.

Dislikes: Silence and meat.
Hobbies: Playing her guitar and singing.

Personality: Spunky and out-going. She's a pretty hyper and perhaps a little wacky girl, but all in good fun.
History: Has always lived by the sea ever since she was born and currently lives in an old light-house. When she was younger, on a trip with her family, she went for a swim in the ocean even though her parents said not to. She ended up being swooped under the water by a giant wave and almost drowned, but luckily Jeneva was in the area and spotted her. Her saved her and looked after her untill she re-gained conciousness. Ever since that day he visits Aeryn every so often to see how she's doing.
Other: none.
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:58 pm

Accepted... but This is the last human I am accepting unless they are bad.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:34 am

can i join...?
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying