Sparks in the Dark

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Sparks in the Dark

Postby mastersquirrel » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:24 pm

Long ago, an ancient people named the Ae'er Lon were at the epitome of their civilization. They were a loving people, wise beyond their years, blessed with abilities to be used for the benefit of all. Healing, protection, and many more abilities were granted them, along with their closeness and love of the one true God.

However, many years ago, this race met a tragic end by the hands of one of its own. A grave darkness destroyed everyone of that race. Though they were destroyed, their legacy lived on in those that they had encountered in their travels. The stories of the race were not forgotten, but eventually they were cast aside as myth.

But now, the darkness that consumed the Ae'er Lon has set out again. What is its goal and what form has it taken, both are unknown. But when the time comes, will there be anyone to stand and shine a light?

"Darkness is merely the absence of light. Even a small spark will cut through the darkest night."

----------

The story behind this RP actually came from the RP Facing Fears, formerly known as "The Goof Off RPG". The premise of this RP is simple, you create a character in this world, and you essentially contribute to the story. The things that you do must be reasonable of course, and you are not allowed to just randomly pull things out of the clear blue sky.

Ground-Rules:

-Your character ideas must be submitted to, and approved by, me. I'm pretty lenient, and I really like to see what people will do with their characters. I would suggest that you stick to the normal races of this realm (humans and furries), however if you really want to have a character of another race I will have an open mind about it, but I can't garauntee anything.

-You may control more than one character, however I ask that you limit yourself. You will also be in control of any NPC that you introduce, especially those that have something to do with your past.

-Be serious. And I don't mean that your character's personality must be serious. I mean take the RP seriously.

-For the love of all that is good please write in complete and legible sentences. You can consider this grammer and writing practice. ;)

-Have fun! Or else... :)

Note on races: It is possible for your character to be half one race and half another. For example, my character is half human, half wolf furry. Understand that if a character is a half-breed, only one of the races will be visible under normal circumstances. In other words, my character looks like a normal human, but is in fact a half-breed. Most people won't be able to tell if someone's a half breed, so keep that in mind. (There are some groups of people in this realm don't like certain races. Even more dislike half-breeds)

There are also many humans who don't like the furries, and vice versa. This will crop up during the story.

Character Format Sheet
Name:
Race:
Height:
Hair/Fur Color:
Eye Color:
Fighting Style:
[weapons, martial arts, no guns please]
Abilities: [healing, protection, speed, etc. I'll inform you if an ability you choose will not work.]
Personality: [What kind of person is this character?]
Back Story: [Tell a few things about their past (optional)]

Please note that you MUST send me your character sheet via PM and reveive the okay BEFORE you post it! Also note that you may choose to omit certain parts of your character sheet, such as their past, abilities, and if they are half one race half another.. This is basically to make the story be a little more interesting.

Remember to PM me your character(s) BEFORE you go posting them! Thank you!

And now, for my character-

Name: Adrian (doesn't tell anyone his last name)
Race: Human/Wolf Furry (In human form under normal circumstances)
Height: 6'0" (athletic build, kind of skinny)
Hair/Fur Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Very light gray (he's blind)
Fighting Style: Martial Arts, uses kicks prominently but is effective both at kicking and punching
Abilities: Despite being blind, he can still "see" in a sense (see Back Story). His other senses are very heightened. If not for the vacant eyes, you would probably swear he could see. His reflexes are very good, and his physical strength is higher than that of a normal man. He really enjoys playing chess.
Personality: Very calm and collected. Tries to be friendly with everyone he meets. Doesn't care to talk about his or other peoples' pasts. Is very defending of his friends.
Back Story: He doesn't talk about it, though rumor has it that the reason he can "see" though he's blind is because he can sense vibrations in the ground, but no one is sure. Not much else is known about him except that he enjoys wandering around from town to town and visiting their pubs.
mastersquirrel

Postby Shia Kyosuka » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:21 pm

Name: ???

Race: One of the only Kaldrean Felicians left. That is, a
human with cat-like features.

Height: 6' 2"

Hair/Fur Color: White hair, Black fur on forearms, legs
from the knees down, ears, and tail (white on the tip).

Skin color: Brown.

Eye Color: Yellow

Fighting Style: Improvised, with strong dependance on the ability to think in tight situations.

Resembles martial arts at times, sometimes it does not.

Weapon: Experimental sword from the government. It's obviously too big and annoying to carry on one's back, so it's able to be called into one's hand, and made to disappear when not in combat. Has more uses than may appear to the eye. It works with the salts and electrical charges in the user's body, rather than a battery, so it will never run out of power. Because this works with the body, one may be able to call 2 swords, one in each hand, if that person's able and willing to use that much energy at once.

Abilities: Whatever he can make the elements around him into.

Speed.

Cannot heal or use any other kind of magic.

Personality: The happy personality that he's clinged to for so long has finally begun to escape him.

Back Story: ???

This character will make his entrance in the RP whenever the characters enter the first desert of the RPG.

Note, This character is from another world. A world that's like our world's present time.
had enough.
Shia Kyosuka

Postby mastersquirrel » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:45 am

And Shia is in! Yay for the first character other than myself!
mastersquirrel

Postby goldenspines » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:08 am

May I join this rpg?

Name: Lilieh (nickname: Lili)
Race: Human
Height: 5'6"
Hair/Fur Color: Dark auburn hair.
Eye Color: Bright blue
Fighting Style: Martials arts. Even thought she is very skillful, she doesn't have a whole lot of power, but it's enough for her. Plus, she's an expert at planning strategies.
Weapon: She carries a small dagger.
Abilities: She can sense what emotions other creatures are feeling, and she is also skilled in healing.
Personality: Lili believes violence is not the best answer, but sometimes it's necessary. She tries to accept and not judge others. She tries her best to remain cheerful, no matter what.
Back Story: Lili is from a family that despises furries and hybrids. Lili rejects this opinion completely, she believes that humans, furries, and even hybrids can live together peacably. Because of this, her family threw her out of the house. Lili is now a wanderer. She offers her healing abillities to earn money.
goldenspines

Postby mastersquirrel » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:19 am

And Lilieh has joined the RP. A big welcome to you! :)

While I'm not sure if this is the reason people haven't posted, but just to say it, this RP is open to anyone and not just those that participated in the Facing Fears RP. If you'd like to join please go ahead and send me your character profile.
mastersquirrel

Postby Jack Bond » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:02 pm

Hey! I wanna join! I can RP again!
Jack Bond

Postby mastersquirrel » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:58 am

Jack Bond wrote:Hey! I wanna join! I can RP again!

That's awesome Jack. Just PM me your character sheet and I'll take a look at it.

Just a note, I've changed the character sheet to include an age section. Those of you who have already submitted, please add that field to your character if you please. :)
mastersquirrel

Postby mastersquirrel » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:10 pm

Sorry that I haven't been around for a while everyone, I've been busy with other things and haven't been checking out CAA regularly. If ya'll are still interested in the RP I'll be here for it to start up.

That said, I know somebody that hasn't joined is reading this. You should join up, it'll be fun! I promise we don't bite. :)

Another note: Jack Bond has been accepted into the RP! Go ahead and post your character sheets bud.
[SIZE="1"]"If there's one thing that I know, it's that I know more than one thing." - Master Squirrel[/SIZE]
mastersquirrel

Postby Jack Bond » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:31 pm

Name: Richard Bond (Rickky)
Height: 6' 3"
Hair/Fur Color: Long Silvery grey. Pulled back.
Eye Color: Emerald green
Fighting Style: Bow and arrow. Furry martial arts (Whatever that is exactly XD;;) (Also holds his grandpa's old dagger/knife)
Abilities: Stealth. Communicate with animals.
Personality: Quiet and reserved. Serious.
Back Story: He always held on to his father's stories about his grandpa Jack's adventures. Unfortunately Jack's practices of magic were never passed down to his descendants. At a young age his father died to protect him from a band of thieves passing by, So he took his sister and soon found a wolf furry colony. The furries reluctantly took them in, and taught them useful abilities to help them survive on their own in the wild when they grew up. Now they've been sent off to live on their own.

Name: Celia Bond
Height: 5' 8"
Hair/Fur Color: Long shiny purple
Eye Color: Purple
Fighting Style: She doesn't fight much, but she knows Furry Martial arts as well.
Abilities: Good at scouting. Fluent at speaking (If she's not too shy to do so)
Personality: Timid, but very friendly once she gets to know people.
Back Story: Basically the same as Rickky's
Jack Bond

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:11 pm

Name: Kianna
Race:Human and Female
Height:5" 4
Hair/Fur Color: Brunette

Eye Color: Although usually green, it often changes colors and includes specs of gold and red

Fighting Style: Kempo Karate, Brazilian and Japanese Jiu Jitsu *think Judo and Aikido if that helps*, three sectional staff

Abilities: Healing

Personality: Kind, gentle and out going. She tends to be shy around boys but is assertive when she wants to be. She loves to help people and although she is a talented martial artist, she loves to heal people just as well

Back Story: I would like that to be secret ^_^

Hope this is good enough ^_^
Kunoichi

Postby mastersquirrel » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:38 am

Kunoichi has been accepted into the RP. Welcome!

Out of curiosity, how many people do you guys think we'll need before we start?
[SIZE="1"]"If there's one thing that I know, it's that I know more than one thing." - Master Squirrel[/SIZE]
mastersquirrel

Postby Jack Bond » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:59 am

I think we could start now... *Shrug* Whatever you want.
Jack Bond

Postby goldenspines » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:00 am

Oh, wow. I almost forgot about this one ^^;;
We have 5 characters in this so far, right? That seems like a good number to me, but you could wait for a couple more if you wanted to.
goldenspines

Postby mastersquirrel » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:16 pm

Actually one other person contacted me about joining up. I'll wait for them to submit their character before I decide whether to start or not.

Thank you all for your patience.
mastersquirrel

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:55 am

Here I am. I hope this is okay. Also, I would have sent this to you via PM first, but something's going on with the computer as usual. If there's any changes that need changing, I have no problem in doing so.

Name: Yashik
Race: Marnog Dragon
Height: 6'5 in Human form, 7'7 in Marnog form

Appearance
Human form: Short jet black hair, blue eyes, lean build. Wears a blue cloth shirt, dark pants, a dark cloak, and dark sandal-like shoes. Also wears silver bracelets, anklets, a choker, and two silver earrings on the left ear.
Marnog form: See pic below. Black scales, blue under scales, blue wings, yellow eyes. Wears silver bracelets, anklets, a choker, and two silver earrings on the left ear.

Fighting Style: Carries no weapons. Uses hand-to-hand combat or a ranged fire attack.
Abilities: Limited fire breathing and flight in Marnog form. Also the ability to transform into a human or back into a dragon.

Personality: In general, Yashik is a very charming and clever individual. He has a lust for treasure or anything shiny, which is typical of the dragon race. So, it is very difficult for him to keep his eye off of anything valuable and considers this to be his #1 weakness.

Back Story: Yashik is from a clan of dragons called the Marnog. After leaving his peaceful clan he began to live with humans as one of them. However, stealing precious items and other valuables has earned Yashik the reputation of a thief and a high bounty on his head. He has never been caught.

Other Information: Little is known about the Marnog dragons. Smaller than typical dragons and just a bit taller than humans, they prefer living in groups or sometimes with humans. Unlike the much larger dragons, Marnogs prefer to wear their wealth instead of hoarding them in caves or caverns. There is only one way to determine wether the individual is a Marnog or Human: when in Human form and angered, Marnogs tend to forget their disguise and growl or snarl fiercely in a very dragon-like voice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby Jack Bond » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:30 am

XDD AWESOME! Yashik would probably love Mike's old sword XP
Jack Bond

Postby Jack Bond » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:01 am

Would y'all pm me when this comes up?
Jack Bond

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:06 am

MASTERSQUIRRELLLLL.

:D

do you remember meee??? ;-;
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Shia Kyosuka » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:25 am

uh... uh... >_>

*raises hand*

I do. o_o Does that count for anything? :O
had enough.
Shia Kyosuka

Postby Jack Bond » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:59 am

Chibi Yaaay!
Jack Bond

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:24 pm

YAY i'm rememberrreddddd
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby mastersquirrel » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:24 am

Of course I remember you Chibi! Are you looking to join up at the last minute or are ya just saying 'hi'?

As a note to everyone, I'll send the PM to an admin Friday May the 4th. This way I don't have to worry about the RP until after all my final exams are over. Gotta make sure I pull a 3.0 for the semester after all.
mastersquirrel

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:38 am

i havent decided yet. I dont know if i will be able to. I dont think i have the time...

*sob*
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby mastersquirrel » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:31 pm

chibiphonebooth wrote:i havent decided yet. I dont know if i will be able to. I dont think i have the time...

*sob*

Well you still have almost 2 weeks to decide so there's no rush. And don't feel pressured to join if you have other things taking up your time.
mastersquirrel

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:24 pm

i kind of dont understand the concept. can you explain it to me?
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby Jack Bond » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:14 pm

Shia told me it's a continuation of Facing Fears 200 years in the future... o.o

Oh, btw, I was thinking maaybe to introduce a child wolf furry. (Kara was so cute I thought we could use another character like that)
Jack Bond

Postby chibiphonebooth » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:07 am

woahhh... so it could be like... Miu's grandchild or something! XD
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby Jack Bond » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:45 am

chibiphonebooth wrote:woahhh... so it could be like... Miu's grandchild or something! XD

That's what I did XD
Jack Bond

Postby chibiphonebooth » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:31 am

would it be grandchild or great-grandchild?
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby mastersquirrel » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:49 pm

chibiphonebooth wrote:would it be grandchild or great-grandchild?

I meant to clarify this issue about how long it's been since the last one. I considered 200 years at first, but didn't put it down because I wasn't sure. I decided that was a bit too long. This story starts around 100 years after the Facing Fears adventure ended.

Now for the issue of whether your character would be grandchild or great-grandchild. If we assume that the character is a direct descendant of the first born of Miu and her children, and we assume that each of them had their first child somewhere from age 25 to 29 then that would mean that your new character would most likely be Miu's great-grand daughter.

You might want to take that into account too Jack. As for those of you making completely new characters, the time change wouldn't affect you.

As for introducing a young wolf furry, submit the idea to me via PM and I'll consider it. :)
mastersquirrel

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying