Sparks in the Dark

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby Jack Bond » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:00 pm

Ish it Froiday?
Jack Bond

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:12 pm

chibiphonebooth wrote:in the DEAD MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT.

Wow. That was unexpected. XD
CrimsonRyu17

Postby mastersquirrel » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:00 am

Sorry to confuse all of you but yesterday wasn't the day I was going to get the RP started, it's Friday May the 4th. I'm really sorry for the insane delay, but I have to devote all my time this weekend to studying for my exams (some of my grades depend on what I make on them).

Again, I'm really sorry that you're going to have to wait, but if I started it during this week probably wouldn't get as much studying done as I need.
mastersquirrel

Postby Jack Bond » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:44 am

Okay, good, cause I wasn't all that ready myself... (Pokemon to breed and such ;D)
Jack Bond

Postby Shia Kyosuka » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:29 pm

:O

*eats a fish as he waits*
had enough.
Shia Kyosuka

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:53 pm

mastersquirrel wrote:Sorry to confuse all of you but yesterday wasn't the day I was going to get the RP started, it's Friday May the 4th. I'm really sorry for the insane delay, but I have to devote all my time this weekend to studying for my exams (some of my grades depend on what I make on them).

Again, I'm really sorry that you're going to have to wait, but if I started it during this week probably wouldn't get as much studying done as I need.

Understood and not a problem at all. I'm also busy studying so this wouldn't be a very good week to start RPing either.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Thu May 03, 2007 9:17 pm

All right!! This should start today, can't wait! ^__^
WrestlingOtaku

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Fri May 04, 2007 7:09 am

I'm taking a quick trip today so I may not be back 'till four to six maybe. So if you guys start before then, don't worry, I'll catch up. XD;
CrimsonRyu17

Postby Jack Bond » Fri May 04, 2007 8:36 am

I'm taking a long trip today for like... 2 or 3 weeks XDD;;;

Well, I'm gonna have SOME internet on the trip, so o.o... yeah...
Jack Bond

Postby Taliesin » Fri May 04, 2007 3:48 pm

yay! I'm joining just in time!

Name: Rayu
Race: Anthrozil (dragon-human)
Height: 5 ft.
Hair/Fur Color: golden-bronze scales, red hair.
Eye Color: Gold
Fighting Style: uses claws and fire breath
Abilities: flight, fire breath, giant claws
Personality: hot-tempered, loyal, daredevil.
Back Story: Created when an alchemist tried to transfer his dying soul into a dragon's body. Both the alchemist and the dragon died and Rayu was created. Only one of his kind, has been exploited or shunned for his whole life. He journeyed to whatever world this is on and was treated the same as he has always been.

Description: I needed to add this because he is kind of a mix between dragon and human. Dragon wings sprout from his back and have a 7 foot wingspan. He has 6 inch long claws that cover his normal fingers (which are fully operable). His arms and legs are covered in scales and he has short claws on his feet. He also has 1 inch long teeth made for eating meat.
FKA starhammer

Communism is only the perfect government if you have the perfect leader. And I'm only available Tuesdays.

I'm too cool to scroll.
Taliesin

Postby Shia Kyosuka » Fri May 04, 2007 6:42 pm

Oh, look, another person who's not a furry. :D

That makes uh... >_> 3 >_>
had enough.
Shia Kyosuka

Postby Jack Bond » Fri May 04, 2007 8:13 pm

Umm... Dragon Human... That's furry. I know countless Dragon furries.
Jack Bond

Postby Shia Kyosuka » Fri May 04, 2007 9:03 pm

Except it's not. <_<

EDIT: The dragon character, I mean.

Rayu is not a furry.

And while I'm on the subject, Fuyu isn't either.

If you need me to, I can explain to you what a furry is, but I'm just trying to avoid confusion later in the RP.

If I'm going to be in the RP, It's better to get things out of the way, now. XP

That is all. :O
had enough.
Shia Kyosuka

Postby Jack Bond » Sat May 05, 2007 9:47 am

Well... tell me, but as I know it now, this is the definition of furry...

As a slang word, furry may refer to:

• A member of the furry fandom—fans of artwork, stories, and related products (comics, movies, costumes, et al.) which feature anthropomorphic animals.
And what's an anthropomorphic animal?

Anthropomorphism is the attribution of uniquely human characteristics and qualities to nonhuman beings, inanimate objects, or natural or supernatural phenomena.

So then, are you saying it's not a furry if you give a human, animal attributes?

(Nvm... My point still stands, but I understand that he's not a furry.)
Jack Bond

Postby Taliesin » Sat May 05, 2007 10:05 am

Rayu has the DNA of a dragon furry, but it got mixed up with his human DNA. So he's kinda half furry
FKA starhammer

Communism is only the perfect government if you have the perfect leader. And I'm only available Tuesdays.

I'm too cool to scroll.
Taliesin

Postby Shia Kyosuka » Sat May 05, 2007 11:31 am

Jack Bond wrote:Well... tell me, but as I know it now, this is the definition of furry...

As a slang word, furry may refer to:

• A member of the furry fandom—fans of artwork, stories, and related products (comics, movies, costumes, et al.) which feature anthropomorphic animals.
And what's an anthropomorphic animal?

Anthropomorphism is the attribution of uniquely human characteristics and qualities to nonhuman beings, inanimate objects, or natural or supernatural phenomena.

So then, are you saying it's not a furry if you give a human, animal attributes?

(Nvm... My point still stands, but I understand that he's not a furry.)

Well, actually, yes. XD

I don't know if you realized this or not (because you said nevermind) but, anthropomorphism is giving human characteristics to nonhuman beings such as dogs or cats, as defined in the definition you pasted here. :P

That's human characteristics and qualities --> nonhuman beings, inanimate objects, or natural or supernatural phenomena.

The other way around, which would be giving animal qualities to a human isn't the same thing, therefore is not furry. The definition doesn't say vice-versa.

So, Shia, Fuyu, and Rayu are not furries.

In order to be furries, they'd have to be a cat, a unicorn, or a dragon given human characteristics or qualities.

Fuyu if she were a furry: Image

Look at this furry.

She's a unicorn, given human qualities, to be able to stand up-right, hold weapons, and possibly even speak english.

That's giving human qualities to nonhumans or animals, and thus, furry.

Also, by definition, there is no half-furry. You either are, or you're not. Since Rayu is a human given dragon qualities (dragon qualities --> human) he's not furry.

So, yeah. that's everything. I don't want to go into too much detail, so I'll try to leave it at this.

Does this clear everything up?

btw, I told you I'd be annoying if I said it. XD
had enough.
Shia Kyosuka

Postby Taliesin » Sat May 05, 2007 11:38 am

Rayu is not a human with dragon characteristics, nor is he a dragon with human characteristics. He is an anthrozil (fully dragon and fully human). He isn't a furry or a "special" human. He is an enigma that you cannot figure out or give a label to. :p
FKA starhammer

I'm too cool to scroll.
Taliesin

Postby Shia Kyosuka » Sat May 05, 2007 11:48 am

hmmmm...

Does Rayu have human skin anywhere on him or a human face?

Description: I needed to add this because he is kind of a mix between dragon and human. Dragon wings sprout from his back and have a 7 foot wingspan. He has 6 inch long claws that cover his normal fingers (which are fully operable). His arms and legs are covered in scales and he has short claws on his feet.

Does he only have scales on his arms, legs, and wings, but is otherwise human?

If so, he's a human given dragon-like qualities. XP

but yeah, he's not a furry. XD
had enough.
Shia Kyosuka

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sat May 05, 2007 11:58 am

Fuyu doesnt want to be ugly. ;^;
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Shia Kyosuka » Sat May 05, 2007 12:00 pm

XDDDD

well then... XD

Just... don't be a furry. XD

You're a... unicorn-person, from now on. k? :D
had enough.
Shia Kyosuka

Postby Taliesin » Sat May 05, 2007 12:52 pm

Rayu breathes fire, flies, has scales on his arms, legs, and wings. He only has skin on his torso and head. He does have hair on his head though. I forgot to mention his sharp pointed teeth in the description.
FKA starhammer

I'm too cool to scroll.
Taliesin

Postby Shia Kyosuka » Sat May 05, 2007 12:58 pm

Then yeah, he's a human with dragon like qualities. :D

He's actually sort of similar to Shia. :)

He has cat ears on his head, a tail, cat fangs, claws, fur on his forearms, and some on his legs from the knees down. :)
had enough.
Shia Kyosuka

Postby Taliesin » Sat May 05, 2007 1:04 pm

NO Rayu is an anthrozil and a freak. Stop making him feel normal. You're messing up my character. You're ruining my creative vision. You're demeaning his unique personality and physical traits. Rayu's job is to feel like a disgusting freak of nature that no one will ever love. You are messing with his life.
FKA starhammer

I'm too cool to scroll.
Taliesin

Postby Shia Kyosuka » Sat May 05, 2007 1:10 pm

XDDD oy, oy, fine, fine. XD

He's one of a kind. :O

He's nobody. :D

uhh.... >_>

and a freak. o_o
had enough.
Shia Kyosuka

Postby mastersquirrel » Sun May 06, 2007 10:38 am

Okay, sorry for the further delay but I got a Wii on Friday and didn't get around to sending the PM. I have send a request and I hope it will be fulfilled before too long. Thank you all for being patient.

I will make a post to set the stage for the RP once the thread is up so don't start posting in the new thread until then please. :)
mastersquirrel

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon May 07, 2007 11:47 am

uc pseudonym

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Tue May 08, 2007 2:10 pm

Ready when you are, Cap'n.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby mastersquirrel » Tue May 08, 2007 5:46 pm

I am, as you say, ready. :)
[SIZE="1"]"If there's one thing that I know, it's that I know more than one thing." - Master Squirrel[/SIZE]
mastersquirrel

Postby mastersquirrel » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:03 am

Name: Marcus
Race: Human/Wolf Furry – (This is going to take some explaining) During his previous adventure to stop the darkness, he had to put on a necklace to change into a wolf furry in order to save a dear friend, Silvanis. The necklace’s transformation had to forcefully make him a wolf furry to the point where he was essentially a combination of the two races. Now he has to wear a special ring in order to change back to human form. He normally keeps the ring on and only takes it off in certain situations and when he does take the ring off he reverts back to a wolf furry.
Height: 6’ 3â€
[SIZE="1"]"If there's one thing that I know, it's that I know more than one thing." - Master Squirrel[/SIZE]
mastersquirrel

Previous

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying