The Room-where little makes sense, and no one is safe from themselves

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

The Room-where little makes sense, and no one is safe from themselves

Postby GracefulRocker » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:22 pm

From what I've seen, the more scattered the setting of the RPG, the less successful it is. So, this is will take place in a smaller setting. It may grow over time, but for now it consists of a single room. Yes, one room.
OK, here's how it goes. Everyone starts out in a large elegantly furnished room in a large mansion some where near an ocean. It will begin with everyone asleep, and then waking in the morning light to find themselves all lying on the floor of this room. None of them know each other, and none of them remember how they got there, or what happened prior to about a week ago, although, they do not yet realize that that much time has passed. The room is locked, and eerie. There is no sound any where outside.

The room looks alot like this: The Room

Around the room are pictures on the tables and walls of...them. Having fun, posing in traditional portrait style pictures, and looking like they are all familiar with each other. The pictures are a bit off though...

The people in the room don't what day it is, or where they are. They remember their homes, back in a normal, modern world, exactly like ours, no magic or anything supernatural. However, all of these rules are broken here. Some of the characters might find them selves with new abilities. Odd things that seem impossible occur randomly to all of them.

And more importantly, they are in danger of being exposed. Each character must have a secret about themselves that they want to forget, or have forgotten. A secret that could change how they see everything. A secret that could set them free.

I'll develop the story a bit more later, but that's the general idea. They will get out of the room eventually.

Here's the bio slate: (please bold the labels like they are here, so that they are easier to read.)
Name:
Occupation from the real world:
Where was home before the Room?:
Personality:
Secret:
Appearence:

Oh, and no more than 2 characters per person, and remember, none of them know eachother.

Post your bios, ask me questions, whatever! I'm also looking for 1 or 2 co-GMs. Please pm me if you'd like to be a co-GM.
[font="Fixedsys"][color="DarkOrchid"]
Yes, I know I've been gone a while. Forgive me, and if it makes you feel better, blame it on college and chickens.
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

[SIZE="4"][color="Green"]"Conviction is a luxury of those on the side lines."[/color][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][color="SandyBrown"]"...And that's why you need a lightsabre."[/color][/SIZE]

[color="RoyalBlue"]"God hates Fred Phelps."[/color]
GracefulRocker

Postby everdred12a » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:27 pm

Wow, I wanna play in this... I'll need time to come up with something good though XD I can't promise I'll be able to play... I tend to be pretty busy with school and stuff, but I'll do my best >:D

everdred12a

Postby GracefulRocker » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:49 pm

That's cool.

I'll go ahead and post my bio. Oh, and so we are clear, DO NOT SAY THAT YOUR CHARACTER IS FROM THE SAME CITY YOU ARE FROM!!!!!!!!

Name: Samantha Creat

Occupation from the real world: Student at Webster University

Where was home before the Room?: St. Louis, Misouri, US

Personality: Reserved, but tends to come out of her shell when she dosn't know what to do. It's her way of controlled freaking out. Otherwise, she thinks more than she says out loud. She loves books and writing.

Secret: Whe she was a small child, she lived with her parents in a small house in the country. When she was 6, the house burned down, and her father died. She and her mother moved to Misouri to try and start over. Her mother's demeanor changed completely and she had break downs and vioent rages every now and then, but life was good after they had setteld down in an down town apartment. What Samantha DOSN'T remember, is that her mother had started the fire on purpose...

Appearence: Tall, blond, green eyed. Lean frame, dresses conservatively: jeans, long skirts, plain, modest tops.

Power: She can hear the thoughts of others around her.
Yes, I know I've been gone a while. Forgive me, and if it makes you feel better, blame it on college and chickens.
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

[SIZE="4"][color="Green"]"Conviction is a luxury of those on the side lines."[/color][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][color="SandyBrown"]"...And that's why you need a lightsabre."[/color][/SIZE]

GracefulRocker

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:45 am

Y'know, this one actually looks like a lot of fun. I may join, but I'll need some time to think up a character.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby Danyasaur » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:10 pm

This sounds interesting. Before I think about joining I'd like to ask a few questions, if that's okay.

If, like in the picture, there are windows, what's going to keep them from opening/breaking them in order to get out?

And if there's a fireplace, what will keep some of them from climbing up it?

And what's to keep them from breaking down the door?

Just wondering. . . <.<
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:56 pm

Yeah, looks really interesting....

I shouldn't, since I'm in like fifty RPs already, but I'll think about joining . XD
Kawaiikneko

Postby meboeck » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:51 pm

I think I will probably join this, but I nned time to think of a character. Also, I have a question. How will the abilities/odd things be introduced into the story? Will you control all of that or will there be liberties given?
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby GracefulRocker » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:20 am

Hmmm...Ok. First, the room is sealed. There is somehow ventilation for them to breathe, but other wise, no epotential exits will budge, and climbing up the chimney will result in you being flung back down, out of the fireplace, and across the room.

As for the abilities, I've been thinking about them. I've decided that if you want an ability, which is fine, you can pick from a list, so that no one ends up with something too, uh, much. I mean to say too powerful.
Here's the list:

Move thing with mind
Hear/Read thoughts
Manipulate water
" " fire
" " air
Shapeshift

If you think of another you'd like to have, let me know. Besure to include the ability your character wakes up with in your bio. My character, Samantha, will be able to hear thoughts.

I'm getting alot of "Looks good, but I need to think" replies. That's ok, but I'm worried that you guys will forget about it, and this rpg will die before it starts. I'd like for this to be a long one. So, please, don't forget about me!!! ;)

Anymore questions? Requests? Bios to post? Put it here or pm me, and I'll answer as soon as I can.
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

GracefulRocker

Postby DaughterOfZion » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:34 pm

Name:Airi Tane
Occupation from the real world:a starving artist
Where was home before the Room?: Portland, Maine
Personality:an eccentric, she is very open.
Secret:
Appearence:see picture
Ability:shapeshifting

i have to leave so ill finish up either later this evening or tommorow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:27 pm

Okay, I'll guess I'll sign up.

Name: Mae Clark
Occupation from the real world: Archeologist. Also studies mythology.
Where was home before the Room?: Mae lived in the deep south but has moved from place to place ever since she left.
Personality: Mae is clever and very intelligent. Prefering solitude, she isn't very talkative to people. But she can't hide that fact that she's a born leader, but she tries to anyway. Also, doesn't have a southern accent, but sometimes it slips out.
Secret: Mae was once married to Cole Clark. But during their vacation, she and her husband were shot. She survived and he didn't. Ever since, she's never gotten close to anyone. Not even her own family.
Appearence: Dark blonde hair, intelligent green eyes, lean build.
Ability: Can shift into different types of dragons (small, big, red, blue, etc.)

And I won't take advantage of the shapeshifting or make her super strong or anything. Hope that's okay.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby Dante » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:53 pm

I beg to differ about large scale RPs being usuccessful, as GM of Nations and States, I have seen our RP (Which has grown from covering the world to covering the solar and galatic levels now) prosper to massive triple posts (using the 3 page CAA limit) and copious quantities of replies... we have been quite successful... even if our RP is a literal tome :P.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby GracefulRocker » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:17 pm

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you large scale GMs out there! :sweat:

Great! People have signed up! That makes me happy! Now, I need some more of you before I submit!
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

GracefulRocker

Postby Danyasaur » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:55 am

I didn't forget! >0</ It just took me awhile to get my bio out.

Name: Chessa Egail

Occupation from the real world: Writer.

Where was home before the Room?: Atlanta, Georgia.

Personality: Quiet and contemplative. Always studying the things and the people around her. One of those people you can tell has their mind somewhere else half the time. (This is subject to change during the RP, because my character's personality almost never turns out the way I planned)

Secret: Chessa's known since she was five that she was adopted. Although she didn't fully understand it back then, as she grew up she never let it effect the way she felt about her family. At least the fact that she'd known about it for so long made so it wouldn't hurt her in the end, right? But when it comes to adoption, sometimes what you don't know can hurt you the most. And it turns out that what she doesn't know is she has a twin. . .

Appearence: Long brown hair that's straight untill you get to the ends, where it turns into ringletts - She likes it loose, but she doesn't like it in her eyes, so she usualy sports a headband of some sort. Bold blue eyes, which always seem to be focused on something or other. Oval face. About 5'10". She has very good posture, giving her a look of confidence, which, coupled with her very focused, studied expression, may make her look slightly intimidating at times.

Power: She can move things with her mind.

Uh, I'll probably create another character, if that's alright? There's too many girls, so I figured I'd make a boy. <.<

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby GracefulRocker » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:11 pm

Yes, that's fine, arch_angel. And I liked your bio! It's just what i'm looking for!

C'mon people! Post those bios! :jump:
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

GracefulRocker

Postby GracefulRocker » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:24 pm

Oh, and sorry I haven't been on for a few days. I've been in the process of moving my comp to it's new location, the living room. I now have more access to it, and so I'll be on more. Yay!
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

GracefulRocker

Postby Danyasaur » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:24 pm

Hope this is all okay. ^_^

Name: Charles Nicholas Languid

Occupation from the real world: . . . . Occupation? He has people to run his occupation for him. . . Who has time for such silly things?

Where was home before the Room?: Palos Verdes, California

Personality: Spoiled, Over-confident, and arrogant. Don't worry, he has a good side. . . He's just very unaware of it.

Secret: Charles is a young entrepreneur. A very rich one at that. He created a skateboard that gives you the feel of being on the water. His company is at the peak of it's career, and is up against some major competition. Money has been known to usher greed into the hearts of people - including Charles' closest friend, and buisness partner, who is planning to steal the company for himself.

Appearence: 6'0", with layered, shoulder length, jet black hair, which, for the most part, is pushed back by his dark red sunglasses when he's not wearing them. Brown eyes. He has a very upperclass, laid bak style. Lots of clinging black shirts, bluejeans, leather belts, clunky dress boots. . . ect. He also has a small tattoo on the back of his neck (covered by his hair) that says "Strength" in Greek.

Power: Can feel other people's emotions just by being around them. Empath.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby GracefulRocker » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:13 am

That's great! His personality will make the story interesting.
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

GracefulRocker

Postby silver_wolf454 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:52 am

Name: Jash Fera Westen
Occupation from the real world: doctor
Where was home before the Room?: many places

Personality: I'd like to just wing it on this ^^

Secret: At a very young age Jash lost his parents to a murder. What he wants to forget is he let the man in.

Appearence: 6'7 feet tall, 210 Lbs, wearing a dress coat and other such formalitys
Power: Able to controle water.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"][color="Green"]Banner art by: Shao-Feng-Li[/color][/SIZE]

"I am but mad north-north west. When the wind is southerly....I know a hawk from a handsaw."- Hamlet, Shakespeare's Hamlet

[color="DarkOrchid"] "There's rosemary - that's for remembrance. And there is pansies - that's for thoughts." [/color] -Ophelia, Shakespeare's Hamlet
silver_wolf454

Postby GracefulRocker » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:56 am

I am satisfied with the number of people we have now, and I am going to go submit my request right after this. :grin:

However, if there's anyone else who'd like to join as well, please post your bio here, and pm me before you start playing.

I'll pm every body once the thread is up. :thumb:
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

GracefulRocker

Postby Nami » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:32 pm

Ooooo! GR-chan, this looks great.. I hope I am not to late..

Name: Emer Stardust
Occupation from the real world: A Fantasy novelist
Where was home before the Room?: Tokyo, Japan
Personality: Emer is a rather sarcastic, not very friendly person who enjoys staying away from people. Even though she is a Novelist, she has never been one to enjoy being around crowds, like her fans. Emer is also very shy at times. But most of all, she is a very strict and serious person. (She is okay sometimes, but she is so stressed out all the time she is barely happy)

Secret: When Emer was 10 years old, she was running away from her friends with a pumpkin knife, to this day she has no idea why she did that, but while she was running, she tripped and the knife stabbed into her mother, killing her. Emer wishes to forget this, but she can't seem to keep those horrid images from haunting her.

Appearence: Tall, about 5'9'', weighs 145lbs, slim figure, and healthy. Has long milk chocolate brown hair that is mostly up in a ponytail or bun. Her skin is light because she doesn't get out often. Wears flared blue jeans that are comfortable and baggy shirts, or shirts for business. Also has glasses because she doesn't like contacts. Her eyes are light coffee colored.

Power: Controls a small amount(to normal people it's a lot) of Kenetic energy

I hope thats okay...

Name: Chris Mugen
Occupation from the real world: College Professor (History and Math)

Where was home before the Room?: Europe, London -- At his home
Personality: Chris is fun, kind, gentle and sometimes serious, he clashes with people who are strict and stern, because he believes since you only have one life, you might as well live it.

Secret: When Chris 13 years old, he moved to a new neighbor hood with his father, because his mother had mysteriously died. Little to Chris's knowledge his father had been drunk that night...

Appearence: Chris wears contacts, and his blue eyes, like the deep sea. His hair is Milk Chocolate brown and is a little short, he stands 6'3'', and weighs 185lbs(this is a guess), and wears nice shirts, or T-shirts. Normally jeans to college and baggy pants when he is at home.

Power: Illusionist (He can make someone think differently, or make them believe they are in someplace different, hence Illusionist)

Hope these two are okay ^^
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:31 pm

uc pseudonym

Postby GracefulRocker » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:53 am

Alright! We're up and running! See you guys there!

Oh, and as I said before, new applicants please submit bios both here and pm them top me, so that I know that you want to play. Thanks!
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

GracefulRocker

Postby GracefulRocker » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:00 pm

Thougth I'd go ahead and post a little info on the old guy.

Name: unknown

Occupation from the real world: unknown

Where was home before the Room?: The Room is in his home

Personality: Ennergetic, cheerful, but very mysterious

Secret: He's knows alot more about these people than they do, and he's not as crazy as he comes off as

Appearence: 6'0", 200 Lbs, wears his hair, beard, and mustache in very southern civil war styles. He looks a bit like Conl. Sanders. lol
He dresses mostly in light colored 3 piece suits, most with thin pinstrips.

Power: unkown, but no doubt very powerful

I will add on to this as the characters learn more about him.
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

GracefulRocker

Postby Danyasaur » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:27 pm

Hey ya'll. This is just a litle chibi doodle I did of Charles when I was bored.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby Nami » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:58 am

WAAH!! HE is cute!! *huggles* Good job!
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Danyasaur » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:18 am

thank you ^_^

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby GracefulRocker » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:20 pm

He's so cute! :grin: Does that mean that he's actually hot, when not chibified? lol
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

GracefulRocker

Postby Danyasaur » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:48 am

Thank you! XD And I guess that'd be up to the person. I actualy drew a non-chibi version of him, but he's too skinny in it. . . so I'll have to fix that.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby Nami » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:03 pm

YAYA! I am a fan of Charles.. ahah!! Arch you did a good job on his character! Ahah! Emer seems to like him too.. *chuckles evilly* WAHH! I wanna see! Lol
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Danyasaur » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:35 pm

Wow XD;; Thank you. I like Charles too.

I guess I'll show ya'll the un-chibified pic. But I warn you, it ain't that good, and he really is too skinny (mostly in the legs) <.< . . . And his arms are just plain weird. I think it's the muscle placement. . .

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying