The Neo-Eden Garden

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

The Neo-Eden Garden

Postby rocklobster » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:03 am

This is an OOC thread for Neo-Eden. It takes place in a tavern located on the Edenite side of the planet. Please be congenial to all present.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby goldenspines » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:07 pm

I have a quick question, Rocklobster. Is the Consecration Ceremony over?
goldenspines

Postby USSRGirl » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:47 pm

:: Poors a ginger ale and starts swapping space travel stories ::
USSRGirl

Postby rocklobster » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:10 pm

yes, goldenspines. It is. You can have Sapphis return to her shop. BTW, did you model her after Sophia in Howl's Moving Castle?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:07 pm

BTW, everyone, A couple things I should mention:
1. I've decided that Edenites should be able to heal people by touching them.
2. What do you people think of post limits?

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby QtheQreater » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:01 pm

Post limits sound good. I won't always have time to keep up if people play too fast...school does that to a person...
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby rocklobster » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:02 pm

That's why. Plus, as GM, I need it too. I work most of the time.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:13 am

OK folks, time to explain some of the technology of the 26th century.

• Comlinks--these are worn on the wrist and allow you to communicate with people. They project holograms of the person being spoken to. They also have shortwave capablility
  • PDA--more advanced than the ones we have today. These have Internet access now, without the need of dial-up or even cables
  • Land Speeders--if you've seen Star Wars Ep 3 or 4, you've seen these. Luke drove one in Ep 4, and so did Leia's adoptive father in Ep 3
  • Hypo-sprays--Star Trek fans know what these are
  • Laser guns--oh come on, take a wild guess
  • DVD-Periodicals--Paper is not used anymore. Instead, all magazines are published on DVD-ROM
  • hydroponic(sp?) farming--anyone who's been to EPCOT Center has seen this in action. For more information, click here for a Wikipedia article
  • computers--now have voice-activated technology. Keyboards are now touchpads, like on a DS
  • VR gaming--Think .hack

Feel free to PM me with any technological advancements you can think of.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby USSRGirl » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:20 pm

No paper - got it.
USSRGirl

Postby Takuya » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:54 pm

NO PAPER IS EVIL!!!!! >o<... it makes me want to make a character who draws alot and uses real paper TO draw on T_T
___

I think I could help with the tech myself, I've made an entire universe of technology and metaphysics in my head (and yes I can remember it all...)... and I have alot of Star Trek books... the GUTS of Star Trek books... stuff like the diagram for a starship.,.. I'd have to dig around for 'em though... but even without them I know enough and have enough software that I could explain some things... XD

So could I be a minimod? Or... helper? or whatever ya wanna call it...
Takuya

Location: Perhaps another time, another place. Where I am matters not, but who I am.

Postby rocklobster » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:36 pm

Sure, PM me with any ideas.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby USSRGirl » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:35 pm

Minimod!!!! Sounds like a new variety of lawn gnome. Erm... ok... that was devastatingly important to the fate of the human race that you had to PM me about ignoring this thread, RL. O.o
USSRGirl

Postby rocklobster » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:24 pm

Okay, here's idea one:
Pandemonium:
As all of you readers know, Pandemonium has become a plot device. The name comes from John Milton's Paradise Lost. It is the level of Hell that has the highest number of demons in it. Today, Pandemonium is also synomyous with chaos. So, what better name for our engine of destruction?
And what an engine of destruction this is! The moment you touch it WITH BARE HANDS, it begins to slowly steal your free will. Then, it robs you of the capacity for guilt, mutes your conscience, and opens your mind to Pandora's. This is all done so you cannot possibly resist your task. When Pandora speaks to you, she begins by commanding you to recite the "Pandoran Oath": I solemnly swear that I am up to no good. (USSRGirl, I hope you don't mind, but I borrowed that from Harry Potter.) The effects last as long as it takes for you to complete the task. And you are COMPLETELY AWARE of everything you are doing (this is extremely important. Imagine for a moment what it would be like to sin and be unable to stop yourself. Pretty scary, huh.) Once the effects do "wear off" (for lack of a better word, because they never truly wear off), you are only momentarily unaware of what you have done. Awareness is instantly returned, usually with an evil laugh from Pandora. (I added that, USSRGirl)
Furthermore, the Pandemonium is also addictive. And you never fully recover your free will. For a while, Pandora will simply compell you to touch the Pandemonium when she needs you. But there will eventually come a time when the addiction will compell you to touch it on your own. When that happens, there is NO HOPE. You are now completely Pandora's puppet.
So, congratulations, Lyannie and Tom--you have just doomed the human race again. Neo-Eden has finally fallen. I hope you are happy. :evil:
What's the moral of the story? Never make a deal with the devil. When you do, only the devil wins. Instead, make a pact with God. That way, everyone, including you, wins! :angel: :thumb:
Oh, and what happens if an Edenite touches Pandemonium? That depends. If you are of Jan's generation, your days are numbered--you now have the virus. Make sure you have that last will and testament. (The energy that was used in making Pandemonium poisoned Neo-Eden's atmosphere. So in a way, the Pandemonium caused the virus. Man, Pandora thought of everything, huh?) If you are of Tama's generation (and Sapphis's too), you will not die, but it'll be the scariest near-death experience ever. :wow!:
Also, androids are completely immune. If you want them corrupted, you can just reprogram them.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Edenite 101 Lesson 1: Edenite language in general

Postby rocklobster » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:39 pm

First of all, I must confess our RPG is divinely inspired. When I began, I asked my Guardian Angel, Aquinas, to give me any ideas she had. I figured if I was creating a place that was like Heaven, I might as well have help from a resident. :angel:
    1. There are no curse words in the Edenite language. There are, however, words that aren't nice.
    2. The Edenite alphabet has 33 letters. Why 33? Because that's how many years Christ was on Earth.
    3. No letter in the Edenite language is ever silent. I despise silent and unnecessary letters.
    4. Many Edenite words have two forms--one for casual speech, and the other for names.

And now, here are the words I have used thus far and their meanings. Note: any suggestions for words are always welcome.
    Ajmarendo (ahj-mah-ren-doh): the maggots that infest the bedsheets of Hell's residents. (I borrowed this from a Simpsons episode)
    Itchlo: (Itch-loh): A creature indigenous to Neo-Eden. It resembles Stitch from Lilo and Stitch, save the psychotic episodes. It also has a sixth sense that allows it to tell whether a person is a threat. As I demonstrated yesterday, they can talk, but not very well. They have no concept of pronouns or the first-person, just like Stitch.
    Kirin (keye-ren): a word that means both friend and sister. Because to an Edenite, a friend is also a relative. This word is reserved for friends who are female. Male friends and siblings are called garins (gah-rins). To speak of friends and/or siblings in a more general term, just say rin.
    Onyu (On-you): silly (note: This is a word from the Abh in the Seikai Trilogy. In that manga, it means "idiot". For some strange reason, no Abh words are used in the anime versions :shake: .
    Majin (Mah-jin): Mother (kind of looks like the word mother, doesn't it?) Your father is called your Dajin (dah-jin). (FTR: I've decided Jan is a widow. Her husband died of the virus 3 years after Tama was born :( )
    Zari/Zarin (zah-ree, za-rin). Child. The plural form is Zarin.

Rendo (Ren-doh): demon
    Zari

my last fm profile!
    rocklobster

Postby USSRGirl » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:57 pm

Uhh... you are kidding with that guardian angel thing right? You didn't really go to Patmos and meet Thomas Aquinas... who's really... a girl?... and get a divine inspiration for this I assume. Otherwise you're starting to scare me. XD

I like the pandemonium ideas. The swear that you're 'up to no good' is a bit cliche and silly sounding though (but then it came from J.K. Rowling so it would have to be... ;)). I also like the addictive quality of it. Kinda like once you start sinning its hard to turn back.

SO! I've doomed the human race. Not bad for a day's work, mm? ;)
    USSRGirl

Postby rocklobster » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:58 pm

Sorry for any offense. And no, I simply gave my angel that name because Thomas Aquinas is my patron saint (FTR, I am Roman Catholic). The reason I used feminine pronouns is that traditionally angels are considered feminine, despite the fact that they aren't even supposed to have bodies. And, I never kid about Aquinas. I am very close to my guardian angel. Without Aquinas's help, I doubt seriously I would be the person I am now. I once had a period of "spiritual clumsiness" (don't ask, please. I'm extremely embarassed.) and "she" helped me out of it. That's why we're so close.
    Oh, and one more thing: the stronger your faith, the harder it is for the Pandemonium to work. Glad the J.K. Rowling ref didn't offend you, USSRGirl. I was almost certain it would. But it sounded like such a great running gag.
    Oh, and the addictive quality was inspired by the White Witch's Turkish Delight. IIRC, C.S. Lewis also gave it addictive qualities.
    But don't despair, after all, where there is suffering, there is always hope.

my last fm profile!
    rocklobster

Postby USSRGirl » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:00 pm

I was just kidding RL. I wasn't sure if she was an RPG character or not. ^__^;; I didn't mean to offend you, but the Aquinas thing reminded me of what I've read about Thomas Aquinas so I got confused when you said 'she.'

Oh, don't worry about the HP stuff. I'm really not offended by it. I just don't care for the books much.
    USSRGirl

Postby Takuya » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:57 pm

x_X HP?... DUN WANNA KNOW X.X...

Anyway... I feel I need to explain myself too...
    ==============================
    Most of the stuff I'm posting is related to my story, Shiroi.
    ===
    [size=84]

Alua: Aurora
    Aluai: Aurora (Species) [S/P]
    Am-: Prime
    Amon: Element
    Amoni: Elemental
    Arka: Federation military
    Ateya: First planet in the Aurora system
    Doukan: Permanently bonded partner in physical and spiritual fusion.
    Dracon: Dragon [S/P]
    Ganta: Nanomachine infused soldier
    Huea: Sentient humanoid tank-like combat/construction exoskeletal mechanism. Known in English as "Mobile Frame."
    Hurua: Shadow/black
    Katukan: Breaking, Marking (Draconi ceremony)
    Kaua: Bio-quantum energy
    Kauata: Bio-quantum energy abilities
    Ma'el: Ripenning (stage prior to Katukan)
    Maka: Healing power
    Maueke: Spirit Guide
    Mirria (Mirlia): Second planet in the Aurora system.
    Saniac: Third planet in the Aurora system.
    Timantium: A recently discovered metal that is virtually indestructable. This material

[/size]

Aluai are super humanoids with quantum-based abilities.
    [spoiler]Aluai are actually humans with a vastly modified gene code. They were created by Titan Frame and seeded on three sister planets far away from Earth with no way to get back to separate them from the corrupt humans.[/spoiler]

Humans: Mental/physical limited beings indigenous to Terra.

Stats: ---

Strength: 15

Stamina: 15

Intelligence: 20

Agility: 13

Energy capacity: 0

Energy control: 0

___

Aluai statistics:

--

Amaluai: Prime Auroran strain.

-

Stamina: 25

Intelligence: 30

Agility: 18

Energy capacity: 40

Energy control: 40

-

Draconi: Dragon Auroran strain.

Strength: 40

Stamina: 37

Intelligence: 26

Agility: 9

Energy capacity: 5

Energy control: 3

-

Amoni: Elemental Auroran strain.

Stamina: 25

Agility: 18

Energy capacity: 40

Energy control: 40

-

Reiuli: Cat/tiger Auroran strain.

Strength: 20

Stamina: 30

Intelligence: 32

Agility: 29

Energy capacity: 20

Energy control: 24

-

Mokishi: Monkey Auroran strain.

Strength: 10

Stamina: 40

Intelligence: 28

Agility: 40

Energy capacity: 17

Energy control: 8

-

Wamasi: Dog/wolf Auroran strain.

Strength: 20

Stamina: 32

Agility: 20

Energy capacity: 20

Energy control: 29

-

Haruki: Fox Auroran strain.

Stamina: 30

Intelligence: 40

Agility: 38

Energy capacity: 35

Energy control: 36

Specialized Aluai: ---

--

Alpha Draconi: Royal Dragon. A rare strain of Draconi that is much more powerful and occasionally has normal to high kaua capacity.

-Unknown stats-

-

Anon Haruki: White Fox Auroran Strain. Legendary status: Only two persons recorded.

-Unknown stats-

-

Meiku: Elite. Contains DNA of all standard Aluai.

-Unknown stats-

-

Hye Meiku: Great Elite. Contains Meiku and Human DNA.

-Unknown stats-

___

Sides:

Aluai:---

Aluai are the star species in the story. They're portrayed as the good guys, but there are bad ones, just not as many as there are good ones. Aluai have pretty much the ultimate govornment, taking care of those who can't themselves. The govornment is also lead by spiritual leaders. The race consists of almost ONLY Christians.

Humans:---

Think New York City all over the world. Pretty pathetic. Humans now are almost fully corrupt and extremely carnal. Only a handfull of good ones remain. Humans are not, however, totally evil--just worldly.

Mun-Sul:---

A demonic race of vampire-like warriors. A virus, the Mun-Sul spread through venom and bacteria, infacting anyone with an exposed wound. Once infected, one becomes a tool of evil unless their spirit is abnormally strong.

[size=84]Jerren Arq was with the Aluai Arka. my last post with Shard's blackout dealie shows what happened and why he became Metal Frame.

Before this incident, Jerren was known as Isi'shi Ke'nou (Brave Prince). Jerren Arq means deadly fury, which is how he got this name, his near scuicidal actions on the field which I explained.

Jerren was the Ganta pilot of the CFII-099 Hurua Dracon, or Black Dragon.

[spoiler=Hurua's part in the RPG]Hurua is the Huea unit Reikhan's follower was piloting. He removed her core drive and replaced it with one of his own. Hurua's drive remains intact and in the cockpit, however--just disconnected.[/spoiler]

After the war between humans and Aluai was stopped by Ranadan, the legendary Aluai Dragon Warrior, Jerren's rage subsided. However, a second incident destroyed nearly his entire body, leaving only his upper torso, head, and cybernetic arm intact, forcing him to take extremely drastic measures.

He decided that instead of dying and leaving his wisdom and intelect only among the Nexus--a server mentally connecting all Ganta, Sentinel, and Cybers--he would instead seal his entire soul inside the core to be recovered and placed in a new body. All his memories would, however, be lost, as his mind would not be the same, only his core soul.

Therefore, Shard is, in fact, Isi'shi Ke'nou reincarnated.

So the only two ways Maleldil could have had a hand in his sentience is either providing way to recover Isi'shi's core AND/OR by repairing broken data in his soul-program.

-SOUL SEALING- wrote:The Metal Soul sealing method requires much kaua--an extreme rarity in Draconi, even Alpha Draconi--to perform and a perfect nanomachine integration.

By digitizing the essence of one's soul, he/she can seal it inside the processor of any effective computing device, such as a core drive.

The spirit and soul are not actually the same, so if the soul is destroyed after being digitized, the spirit is safe. However, once restored, the soul re-attracts the spirit. This does not, however, mean the person will actually be the same, as they are reborn with all past memories lost. (The memories CAN be recovered, but they're sealed in the core spirit and are extremely difficult to remember)
    [/size]
    Takuya

Location: Perhaps another time, another place. Where I am matters not, but who I am.

Postby rocklobster » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:50 am

You didn't offend me, USSRGirl.
    Anyway, if this were an anime who would you want to voice your character(s)?
    Here's who I'd pick:
    Joseph=Avery Brooks (Sisco in DS9)
    Nalin Jan=Willow Johnson (Kikyo in Inuyasha)
    Nalin Tama=Michelle Ruff (Rukia in Bleach, Tatiana Weesla in Last Exile, Snow in MAR)

my last fm profile!
    rocklobster

Postby USSRGirl » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:30 pm

Eh... Tak, the whole Aluai side plot is kind of getting away from the main plot that this RPG started on. I'm not sure if reincarnation fits in very well either. The whole huge elemental magic battle system thing is a complete 180 from everything else in the rpg. Either find some way to make this all fit in with the Edenite story or drop some stuff.

Voice actors? Hmmm... how about Tilda Swinton (Jadis) for Lyannie?
    USSRGirl

Postby rocklobster » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:54 pm

How'd I know you were going to pick that?
    I was thinking:
    Pandora=Tress Mcneille (Malieficent in Kingdom Hearts)_

my last fm profile!
    rocklobster

Postby USSRGirl » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:28 pm

:lol: Must be pyschic! Yeah, Malieficent would be a good pick for Pandora. Maybe the voice actress who does Aeries in AC for Raina. I know it was Mandy Moore in KH. >.< Ugh.

Heyz, check out my Neo Eden fan art XP
    http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?p=1099032#post1099032
    USSRGirl

Postby rocklobster » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:42 pm

How about Brent Spiner for your androids. He played Data on Star Trek: TNG
    Oh, and BTW, I'm waiting for you to do your dirty work.

my last fm profile!
    rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:54 pm

Here's what the Edenite government looks like:
    Fomlar Lovpla, or Elder Tample.
    the Council of Elders meets in this buildingonce a week. It's always ppen to the public." Tama explained.
    Inside is a round table. In the center is a podium.
    "That podium is where Jan stands during meetings. There's a very good reason. If you look at the ceiling, you can see a skylight. The light shines right on her. That way, it looks like Maleldil is speaking directly through her.

my last fm profile!
    rocklobster

Postby USSRGirl » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:53 am

Hmmm nice Temple design. Oh and I was waiting for Tom/Taliesin to post back so we can collab on our evilness. Should I go ahead without him?
    USSRGirl

Postby rocklobster » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:00 pm

The Edenites also have their own musical instrument. It's called a Yo#a (the # has ch sound, like the ch in "chair"). It resembles a recorder. These kind of recorders.

my last fm profile!
    rocklobster

Postby USSRGirl » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:28 pm

Ooh. Kinda like a flute, mm? Or a recorder. AGH! *Terrible memories pf third grade recorder lessons strongly resembling a cat stuck in a veggie-o-matic* Yeah... I'm not very musically talented. Let's hope Raina's a bit better with it. ^__^;;
    USSRGirl

Postby Takuya » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:49 pm

Hey guys. During my last post I mentioned a GF and a few projects and said I'd elaborate here.

Well Jessie doesn't come on until late which SUCKS but that just makes it more rewarding, yes?

Other than HER I have three projects to speak of, one which has been put on indefinite hold.

M-PIVA:

I'm working on a non-profit Nintendo-tribute game codenamed M-PIVA. I don't wish to elaborate here but I'll tell you now that it's by-far the top on my list.

The problem IS that I know nothing about the Unreal Engine 2 and need to read the guide. That and I'm *WAY* short on hands!!! I have one guy willing to learn but he knows nothing but management as far as I can tell. There aren't any other active members besides him. Not that he's "active."

SHIROI.:

SHIROI. is my Starcraft clan. I have no active members to speak of but if all goes well we'll be the Spartans of Battle.net.

I need to work on the website for this but I'll do that when I feel like it.

AAFC:

The Anime/Anthro FanClub. This is being indefinitely postponed due to me being lazy about it and needing to gather the resources together on my comp to revitalize it.

===

So these are included in my list of reasons why I'm not posting much. I'll do what I can though.
    Takuya

Postby Takuya » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:51 pm

[quote="USSRGirl"]Ooh. Kinda like a flute, mm? Or a recorder. AGH! *Terrible memories pf third grade recorder lessons strongly resembling a cat stuck in a veggie-o-matic* Yeah... I'm not very musically talented. Let's hope Raina's a bit better with it. ^__^]
    ...XDDDD *ROFL ROFL* OMG XDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Takuya

Postby USSRGirl » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:15 pm

>.< You know you sucked at recorder in 3rd grade too, Tak!! Heheheh. I understand why you're busy. Post when ya can though. Lyannie shall be looking for a rematch.
    USSRGirl

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying