Neo-Eden: An Original RPG

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Neo-Eden: An Original RPG

Postby rocklobster » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:32 am

The Premise:
It is the year 2525. Space colonization is now a reality. Humans have found a new planet to live on called Neo-Eden. However, the planet already has inhabitants called Edenites. Thanks to a treaty, humans and Edenites live a peaceful co-existence. Even so, some humans don't quite trust their "new neighbors". The Edenites look human, but have pale blue skin. They also have limited healing abilities.
What is most interesting about the Edenites is that they have a religion almost identical to Christianity. The only difffference is that their god is named Maleldil (C. S. Lewis readers might recognize this name from Perelandra, which had aliens who gave their god this name). When an Edenite turns 13, he/she is given a special ceremony called the Consecration Ceremony. At this ceremony, the initiate promisis to devote his/her entire will, body, and soul to Maleldil. From that day on, the Edenite acts as though he/she acts as though he/she possesses no free will and shares an intimate relationship with the deity. (An Edenite can refuse to serve, but so far none have)Until consecration, male Edenites wear blue tunics, and females wear pink tunics. After Consecration Day, they wear white tunics with a diagonal stripe indicating the gender (again, it's blue for male, and pink for female).
Character Types:
There are three character types: human, android, and Edenite. Androids are programmed for menial labor. Humans live in one colony that is governed by the United Earth Parliament. The Edenites live in a utopic colony governed by the Council of Elders. The Chief Elder is the leader of the Council. If you are under age 18 in either colony, you are a student. When you turn 18, you can pursue any occupation you choose.
Technology:
Star Trek level.
Character Application form:
TYPE:
NAME: If choosing to be an Edenite, try to think up a name that doesn't sound like one an Earthling would have. if choosing an android, choose a letter followed by a dash and five numbers, like this: A-15478. Choose a code name for your android as well.
AGE: (Note: The normal human lifespan by this time is about 150 years. Edenites live twice as long. Androids are already adult, so this is unnecessary)
HEIGHT:
WEIGHT:
HAIR:
EYES:
CLOTHES: (Remember, if you are an Edenite, you will have to wear the corresponding tunic. Refer to the premise)
RACE: (Humans only)
PERSONALITY:
BIO:
I will post my characters in my next post. They will be the leaders of both colonies.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:15 am

Okay, here are my characters. Note: Even though these are the leaders, you can join government positions if you wish.
Character 1:
Type: Human
Name: Joseph Lincoln
Hair: Brown, with some grey (also has a beard)
Clothes: Military uniform
Occuptaion: Admiral and president of United Earth Colony
Height: 7' 1"
Weight: 325
Race: Caucasian/African-American
Personality: Born leader with a great rational mind
Bio: Served in the UE military every since he turned 18. Moved to Neo-Eden with family: Catelyn, Tom,and a Jack Russel Terrier named Neil.

Character 2:
Type: Nalin Jan
Name: Female
Hair: Greenish-blue
Eyes: Gold
Clothes: White tunic w/pink stripe. Has a star top of stripe to indicate government position (Note: All Edenite occupations have an accompanying symbol that is placed on stripe)
Personality: For a government official, she is quiet and humble. She chooses her words very carefully.
Bio: Was elected at age 51, and is the youngest Chief Elder in recorded Edenite History (note: Council members serve for life) She has a daughter living with her named Tama. The rest of her children have grown up and moved out of the house.
Note: You can also play any family members of both my characters.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby CreatureArt » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:59 am

Could I play Joseph's daughter?
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby rocklobster » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:04 pm

sure. You can be whatever age you like. And the name is up to you as well.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby USSRGirl » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:34 pm

Oooh another space trilogy based RPG! This sounds really cool! I shall join! I'll update my character profile later as I add a pic and stuff.

TYPE: Android

NAME: Z-57535

AGE: 19 (Uh... is that considered really young now due to the lifespan scale? Maybe I should change it to like 50 something.) Young adult.

HEIGHT: 5'8

WEIGHT: 165 lbs.

HAIR: Red

EYES: Silver

CLOTHES: White labcoat, black pants and shirt underneath

PERSONALITY: Z is pretty quiet. Weirdly enough, he's slightly lazy for an android, though he can get caught up in mechanics. He's kind of strange and sarcastic. He can get randomly violent at times, or just plain random. He's a bit on the insane side.

BIO: Z has lived on Neo-Eden all his life as a commie laborer. He longs for something more, and questions whether or not androids have souls. He's a mechanical genius and can fix just about anything.
USSRGirl

Postby rocklobster » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:37 pm

The age is fine. Oh and the humans own the androids and they are treated fairly. They act like Data on Star Trek and are unable to use contractions.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby USSRGirl » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:46 pm

*EDITED* :sweat:
USSRGirl

Postby rocklobster » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:49 pm

much better. You can be someone in government too, USSRGirl. Maybe you could have a human who doesn't quite trust the Edenites despite their peaceful ways and objecting to the relations with them. BTW, you're really not as evil as you pretend to be, right?

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:06 pm

NAME: Yakumo
HEIGHT: 5'5
WEIGHT: 116lbs.
HAIR: Silverish Blue
EYES: Saphire Blue
CLOTHES: White halter top that ties around the neck with a blue floral print on it and a matching skirit (and silverish blue shoes).
RACE: Human
PERSONALITY: Cute, Kind, and very Curious.
BIO: It seems she's always surrounded by others, but they don't always know that she is there. Surrouned by ohters, but alays alone. Ever since she turned 10yrs. old, she has felt like something is missing from her life. She has no family and no memory, looking for a place to call home.

Yay, I'm done. This sounds cooli!
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby rocklobster » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:08 pm

great character, Sao. BTW, even thought they live on separate colonies, the humans and the Edenites can interact.
Just thought I should point that out.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby CreatureArt » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:02 pm

TYPE: Earthling
NAME:Katelyn Lincoln
OCCUPATION: Medical assistant. Due to her Father's influence she's gained an internship in the medical sector of the United Earth Colony.
HEIGHT: 5"2 (short!)
WEIGHT: I'm under the metric system so I'll say she's an average weight.
HAIR: Black
EYES: Brown
CLOTHES: Black synthetic trousers and a high-collar shirt.
RACE: Caucasian/African American
PERSONALITY: Kate has always felt trapped in her life. She loves her occupation; the ability to help heal people gives her a real buzz. But having finally entered the workforce she has finally started to wonder if there is a deeper purpose to her life. However she keeps herself busy at work in order to avoid that painful soul-searching.

Hope that's all right, RL!
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby rocklobster » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:57 am

That's a great character! BTW, I suppose I should tell you people what Neo-Eden looks like. Let's just say it's quite a paradise. And it has two moons,named Garkin and Kinrin . The names mean brother and sister. (It's a reference to Elfquest and a creation myth I once read where twin children were turned into the sun and moon in order to escape a monster.
BTW the reason the Edenites have such large families is that I want to show how prosperous they are. After all, God wanted us to be fruitful and multiply.
Also, my first post as Nalin will help you folks figure out how to do Consecration Day ceremonies. I have a feeling some of you will probably want to do those, since they are so important.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby goldenspines » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:18 pm

Here's my character, I hope this works.

TYPE: Edenite
NAME: Sapphiris Hei
HEIGHT: 5'8"
WEIGHT: 155
HAIR: Very dark blue.
EYES: Silver
CLOTHES: White tunic with a pink strip
PERSONALITY: Likes to talk to and meet new people. She is very sweet and tries to avoid trouble.
BIO: Sappiris is an only child that followed in the family business of making clothes. She is very skilled at sewing and can make almost anything. She has always tried her hardest to work up to her parents expectations, but sometimes she wishes that she could adventure out more and not be couped up in a room all day.
goldenspines

Postby rocklobster » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:22 pm

Great character! Yes the Edenites definitely nead a seamstress. When they are consecrated, their tunics are burned to symbolize their new station.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Taliesin » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:21 pm

TYPE: Human
NAME: Thomas (nick is Tom)
HEIGHT:5'9
WEIGHT: 150
HAIR: Brown
EYES: Green
CLOTHES: School uniform
RACE: Caucasian/African American
PERSONALITY: Comfortable in virtually any setting, Tom is known for being calm and collected. He has a mild distrust of the Edenites.
BIO: Discovered his love for engineering at an early age. His dream is to design a hovercraft faster than any other. Has constant fights with Katelyn. He wants to be respected for who he is and not who his father is.

should I make him older?
FKA starhammer

Communism is only the perfect government if you have the perfect leader. And I'm only available Tuesdays.

I'm too cool to scroll.
Taliesin

Postby rocklobster » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:23 pm

Nope. Age is just fine. Hope Creature Art is ready for sibling rivalry.
UPDATE: I have PM'ed Yumie and UC Pseudonym. Keep your fingers crossed everyone. I'm still accepting applications, btw.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:58 pm

uc pseudonym

Postby USSRGirl » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:56 pm

rocklobster wrote:much better. You can be someone in government too, USSRGirl. Maybe you could have a human who doesn't quite trust the Edenites despite their peaceful ways and objecting to the relations with them. BTW, you're really not as evil as you pretend to be, right?

Of course not... I'm much more sinister than I pretend to be. :sweat:

Hey, can I take a corrupt government official as my 2nd character? O.O
USSRGirl

Postby QtheQreater » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:46 pm

We'll see if I have time for this, but since I only like comic relief anyway...how about this one?

TYPE: Android
NAME: R-92934
HEIGHT: 6' 2"
WEIGHT: 170lbs
HAIR: Dark Blue
EYES: Orange
CLOTHES: Strange assortment of discarded clothing...old jackets, vintage baseball hat, tennis shoes...
PERSONALITY: Depressed and lethargic. Nothing worse than a depressed robot...
BIO: R is a maintenance bot. That's what he does...day in and day out. He has a tendency to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, though. Mostly he just mopes about and does his job...well, claims to do his job. Nobody really knows what he does, nor do they care, right?

*whacks Temmy with a sack of chocolate pudding*
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby rocklobster » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:50 pm

No. The androids are neutral. And your character can come in, Q. Yes, USSRGirl. That's exactly the kind of conflict I was looking for!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby CelticWarrior20 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:07 pm

TYPE:Edenite
NAME: Kinkotsu
HEIGHT:6'4
WEIGHT:185
HAIR:Silver
EYES:brown
CLOTHES: Coresponding tunic
PERSONALITY:Smart funny romantic but a good leader
BIO: Parents killed in ship explosion has been on my own ever since i was age 15
CelticWarrior20

Postby rocklobster » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:37 am

Good character, CW. I think you should know that with the Edenites, it's last name first, so I was wondering, is Kinkotsu your character's first name or his last name.
Also, don't worry, my last character will be an Edenite student, so you'll be able to interact with me for a change.
OK, folks here is my last character. Also, please note that even though I am creating one of my character's kids, you are still free to be other children who belong to them.
TYPE: Edenite
NAME: Nalin Tama
HEIGHT: 4' 6''
WEIGHT: 98 lbs.
HAIR: Greenish-blue
EYES: Gold
CLOTHES: (Remember, if you are an Edenite, you will have to wear the corresponding tunic. Refer to the premise)
RACE: (Humans only)
PERSONALITY: Even though her mother is Chief Elder, Tama is suprisingly humble. She does have one annoying trait: she is much too eager for her own good.
BIO: She is the youngest of the Chief's family. She wins friends easily because of her eagerness. Everyone in her family can hardly wait for her to become Consecrated, because they feel her eagerness will be a good asset.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:11 pm

OK, here's some news.
1. All Edenites have limited healing abilities. They can use them by touching
2. Also, I'm considering post limits. No more than 4 or 5. What do you people think?

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby USSRGirl » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:16 pm

I'm taking a new corrupt politician type person. ^_^ Lemme know if this is ok, RL!

NAME: Lyannie Hudson

HEIGHT: 5'6

WEIGHT: 125 lbs.

HAIR: Short spikey blonde hair that hangs over her eyes

EYES: Piercing emerald green.

CLOTHES: Usually attired in a flawlessly unwrinkled black suit jacket, white shirt, and matching black skirt with thick knee-high boots (also black XD)

RACE: Russian ancestry

PERSONALITY: Lyannie is rather strict, cold, and calculating. It's hard to tell whether or not she really enjoys living on Neo Eden. However, she is very persausive speaker and loves politics. She's not above a little mud-slinging to get herself what she wants either. ;)

BIO: Lyannie got into politics at a very young age. After her father died, she took his seat in the United Earth Parliament. Far from possessing her father's gift of understanding and sympathy however, Lyannie is best described as a cut-throat politician. Lately, she's become very interested in the strange ore buried deep underground in the core of Neo Eden. This could be a chance to capitalize on some of the planet's natural resources...
USSRGirl

Postby USSRGirl » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:18 pm

No more than 4-5 is probably a good idea so everyone can keep up with the rpg.
USSRGirl

Postby rocklobster » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:23 pm

The character is fine. Start playing as her.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby USSRGirl » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:08 pm

Will do!
USSRGirl

Postby Takuya » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:37 pm

---General information---

Name: Shard
Nicknames: ???
Designation: R-80915
Codename: [NONE]

Faction: Civilian?

Age: Eight years since initial activation; Appears 17-18

Species: Android [Cybernetic being]
Race: [N/A]
Ethnicity: Unknown

Religion: Spiritual
Level: 8
Light/dark: 20/9

---Appearance---
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 134 LBS
Build: Light

Skin tone: Oriental
Markings: Prismic claw-scar markings extending downward from under eyes (Color changes with mood) [[[Think Jiraiya from Naruto]]]

Hair color: Black
Hair style: Semi-long; unkempt

Eye structure: Japanese
Eye color: Red [Flourescent]

---Clothing---
Size: Small
Baggy cotton pants (white with crimson trimming); 5' long silk sash (red); polyester sleveless (black); Martial arts style sleveless (White with crimson trimming); Shoulder bands (Red); Soft sneakers (black)

---Combat specs---
Armor:---
Ablative armor plating on various surfaces of his body.
Multi-adaptive personelle shielding

Weapons:---
Nano adaptive blades: Arm-plating is fashioned in a way that allows nano-extention techniques to elongate them into blades. All other armor patches have similar "spike" traits.
Implant phaser: A deadly, compact phaser embedded un the underside of the right forarm.
Implant LASER: A small laser implanted in the underside of the left forarm. Almost completely useless as a weapon except to blind, but is an extremely effective tool, used for data-transfer and signalling, as well as LADAR and rangefinder purposes.

Special abilities:---
EMM: Electromagnetic manipulation. A kind of pseudo-telekinesis, allowing him to push and pull certain metals.
EMPulse: An electromagnetic pulse. This technique leaves him very vulnerable, however, as it disrupts his shields.

Speed: ??
Strength: ??
Agility: ??
Endurance: ??

Weaknesses: Electromagnetic pulse shockwave disrupts his shields and energy, leaving him somewhat vulnerable. A second, more powerful shockwave may temporarily immobilize or even deactivate him. His nanomachine will always restore full functionality, however.

---Character information---
Personality: SHARD can seem unstable at times, supposedly from his apperant soul/metal fusion. He has a strict honor code and a kind disposition and will let nothing get in the way of them. He has put his life on the line for a friend twice.
Tendencies:---
SHARD often chews on a knuckle when in deep thought.
SHARD doesn't actually require sleep, but will but will enter hibernation when he has nothing to do, especially when food is scarce.
Birth and childhood: R-80915 is an odd unit. He is rumored to be a beta prototype of a similarly rumored ZETA series. Others claim him to be touched by Maleldil and given a soul. But the most popular oppinion is that he is, himself, a form of virus. Perhaps all are true.
Another trait sets SHARD aside from the others; the fact that he is completely humanoid in appearance-and very likely anatomically correct.
No one actually knows his true past, but it is known that he has been friends with Hiko Rekuda for his entire life.
Recent history: SHARD is usually found helping others wherever he can. No other information is currently available.

Other information:---
  • SHARD contains a digestive nanomachine allowing him to convert matter into energy, thus his apperant requirement for food. Liquids are combined with the excess biomatter from solids to create an oil-like lubricant.
  • The mystery of SHARD's origin is known to only one person. Hiko Rekuda knows that SHARD is, in a way, a mix of the three public speculations.
  • Shard's sentience sources from a virus he recieved during a routine checkup. Supposedly, the virus was either created by Maleldil himself or by someone ordered by him. The reasoning behind this rumor is unknown.
  • Being an android, SHARD is extremely strong and fast, and intelligent, however it is unknown how much so. SHARD is, however extremely knowledged in engineering.
  • SHARD requires no sleep.
---Personal information---
Favorite food: Pagu fruit
Favorite drink: Grapejuice
Favorite artist: ???
Favorite song: We Will Rock You remix (Found in archives)
Favorite singer/group: Linkin Park of 2000
Quirks: Hissing and growling
Passions: Yakumo
Dislikes: Doing nothing
Hatreds: ???
Takuya

Location: Perhaps another time, another place. Where I am matters not, but who I am.

Postby GracefulRocker » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:49 pm

I know I'm a late applicant, but here's my bio:

NAME: Andrea (Andy) Hopps
HEIGHT: 5' 10"
WEIGHT: 130 lbs
HAIR: Long loose brown curls
EYES: Whitish silver, they show high intelligence, kind of eerie looking...
CLOTHES: Mostly jeans, tennis shoes, and plain, long sleeved t-shirts, usually black
RACE: Caucasion
PERSONALITY: Sweet and charming. Not out spoken, but not an introvert either. Very cunning and curious. Shy at first, but can be very friendly once you get to know her. She can be very passoinate about certain things though, and suddenly turn firey if challenged.
BIO: Lived on earth until her parents and betrothed died in a fire. She felt there was nothing left for her there, so she decided to explore and move to Neo-Eden. She's not sure what she hopes to find there, but is sure that she find what ever it is that she needs to finally be happy.
[font="Fixedsys"][color="DarkOrchid"]
Yes, I know I've been gone a while. Forgive me, and if it makes you feel better, blame it on college and chickens.
[/color][/font]

One Day One Room

[SIZE="4"][color="Green"]"Conviction is a luxury of those on the side lines."[/color][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][color="SandyBrown"]"...And that's why you need a lightsabre."[/color][/SIZE]

[color="RoyalBlue"]"God hates Fred Phelps."[/color]
GracefulRocker

Postby rocklobster » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:52 pm

Great character. Okay, one more thing--Check out here. It'll bring u up to speed.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying