The N.I.C.E Filecabinet

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

The N.I.C.E Filecabinet

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:54 pm

I got green lights from USSRGirl to start this thread, and without further delay here is some small explination of the RPG itself.

Now, the sides you choose should reflect on how you accomplish your missons. Lets say if you where working undercover for the rebels and got an assigment from N.I.C.E. You would most likely not want to complete their goals completely. As if you where to deliver a bomb detonator to them, you would probably plant a virus in it so that the bomb would not go off. Then go to explain or make up some excuse.

However, as you can sabotage and ruin the misson for the sides who trust you, so could you also ruin for the people who rpg alongside with you. If you did not trust them, then you could do stuff to ruin for them. Like not bring the documents they wanted, make sure there are evidence that relates them to a scene where they are supposed to be undercover. Or make it seem like they ruined a misson.

This is where this thread comes in. Now if you in any way ruined for your co-worker *also fellow rpger* Then post what you really did here, now we don't want to see the rpgers character removed or killed unlsess desiered so by the creater of the rpg.

Your reputation will be decided by GM or Co-GM. Any spesial rewards will too, however please post a misson recap for the more serius missons you complete.

Happy rpging.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby USSRGirl » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:45 pm

Thanks for makin' the thread Jaden! Great idea. This is also like the NICE watercooler for you to talk about the RPG out of character. The RPG just started so as of now here are all the characters popularity rankings. You'll get different rankings with different people as you move on. Most of you have no popularity points right now because no one knows you yet of course, but that will change as the game goes on:

Kyo: 0 (new student)

Zandor: -1 (for the "Mr. Hardcastle" crack. XP)

Feliciano: 0 (He's a new professor right??)

Frost: 1,000 (Inner circle powers!)

Ransom: 500 (popular leader of the rebels, but somewhat unknown. HIGHLY unpopular with NICE and Dick Devine)

Rei: 0 (newbie)

Dick Devine/Lord Feverstone: 200 (popular former student and good at getting people to follow him)

Fairy Hardcastle: Police don't need popularity. >P

Kikumaru: 0 (new profesor?)

Jaeger: 0 (newbie)

Ok, I think that covers it. Enjoy the backstabbing fun!!
USSRGirl

Postby USSRGirl » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:18 pm

OOC: For all students wandering towards the cafeteria...

Note: The NICE cafeteria is known for two things: Cheap food, and outrageous prices. Bon appetite!

***UPDATED***
New cafeteria pricing menu made by Rei Juuryoku(Pascal). As per Rei's deal with Wither, he will receive a 10% comission off all cafeteria purchases in return for his pricing system.

Cafeteria menu:

PB & J – $3 – Restores 10 HP

Cold Noodles with Sauce- $3 - Restores 10 HP

Ham Sandwich- $6 – Restores 35 HP

Turkey Sandwich- $6 – Restores 35 HP

Tea of assorted varieties- $7 – Restores 40 HP

Hamburger- $7 – Restores 40 HP

BLT with all of the trimmings- $7 – Restores 40 HP

Meatloaf with unknown ingredients in it- $7 – Restores 40 HP

Cookies of assorted varieties- $12 – Restores 90 HP

Full Steak Dinner- $13 – Restores 100 HP

Cupcake- $15 – Restores 120 HP

Lasagna Dinner- $18 - Restores 150 HP

Request your favorite Food- $25 – Restores 50% of your HP

Veggie Plate- $30 – Restores 300 HP
USSRGirl

Postby USSRGirl » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:26 pm

Hark! A crappily made map by Temulin! The red represents a wall... green is grassy like stuff... black is sidewalk/hallway. The NICE has other rooms as well, but this is just a general outline as requested by Photosoph.

USSRGirl

Postby Photosoph » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:19 pm

Thanks USSRgirl. Much easier to see how things are set out now. I'm sure it'll help me a lot too; as well as Fel and Frost. ;)

Btw, can I ask for muffins to be added to the menu, or should I have Fel meet with the cafeteria ladies/men and pay a little for it to be added? o_O Or will he have to pay extra anyway, since it's a 'favourite food'.
Hmm... that last one is probably the right answer. :grin: :sweat:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby USSRGirl » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:08 pm

Yeah, muffins are extra as a fav food. However, there's a basket of muffins and coffee in the student lounge. You can eat food outside the cafe just for fun, but it won't restore hit points.
USSRGirl

Postby Photosoph » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:23 pm

Ah, so that's how it works. ^_^
Hmm... must go steal me some more muffins from the student lounge sometime... XD
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby USSRGirl » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:55 pm

See New Cafe Prices!
USSRGirl

Postby USSRGirl » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:32 pm

Dormitory Notice:

All students and employees with the exception of seniors and professors, who get their own dorm, will be sharing a dorm with their fellow classmates. Posted below is a notice of who your roomate is and what dorm you are stationed in.

- Dean of student affairs, Mr. Jules

Dorm A1 - Rei Juuryoku & Jaeger

Dorm B4 - Kyo, Zandor Malakis, & Mordecai Rosenthal

Dorm B15 - Fairy Hardcastle & Silerra
USSRGirl

Postby Photosoph » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:18 pm

How do we gain more fame? o_O
And yup, Fel's a new proffessor. ^_^ Though I'd like to say he wasn't just to gain some popularity. :grin: :lol:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby USSRGirl » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:33 pm

You gain fame by getting people to like/trust you. Oooh I should update the fame list... O.O
USSRGirl

Postby USSRGirl » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:56 pm

Ok, I changed this a bit so you gain popularity in two groups- evil folks/NICE or good folks/St. Anne's. Most students haven't met many people so they're at neutral 0 still.

Kyo: St. Anne's: 0 NICE: 0

Zandor: St. Anne's: 0 NICE: +10

Feliciano: St. Anne's: +5 (he's a friendly teacher so most normal, non-evil students should like him) NICE: -5 (for the lawsuit XP)

Frost: St. Anne's: -1,000 NICE: + 1,000

Ransom: St. Anne's: 1,000 NICE: -1,000

Rei: St. Anne's: 0 NICE: +10

Dick Devine/Lord Feverstone: St. Anne's: -500 NICE: +200

Fairy Hardcastle: St. Anne's: -200 NICE: +200

Kikumaru: St. Anne's: 0 NICE: 0

Jaeger: St. Anne's: 0 NICE: 0

Mordecai: St. Anne's: 0 NICE: 0

Marius: St. Anne's: 0 NICE: 0

Filostrato: St. Anne's: -500 NICE: +200

Silerra: St. Anne's: 0 NICE: 0
USSRGirl

Postby USSRGirl » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:44 pm

Mission Log:

Mission: Jail break! (Fel and Zandor)

Mission Level: Medium

Main Objective: Bust out 2 NICE agents, 'unjustly' held in the county jail. Cover your tracks, and be sure not to tie NICE to the jailbreak.

Secondary Objectives: Remove charges against Fel and Zandor. Fake the deaths of the 2 agents to throw the cops off their trail.

Strength points: +50

Money bonus: +$70
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mission: Infiltrate St. Anne's (Rei)

Main Objective: Steal space mission documents

Secondary Objectives: Loot Ransom's mansion!

Strength points: +45

Money bonus: As much as you can pick up while looting! Plus and extra $20 from Wither if mission is completed.
USSRGirl

Postby USSRGirl » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:22 pm

Mission: Jail break! (Fel and Zandor)

Main Objective: Bust out 2 NICE agents, 'unjustly' held in the county jail. Cover your tracks, and be sure not to tie NICE to the jailbreak. COMPLETED

Secondary Objectives: Remove charges against Fel and Zandor. Fake the deaths of the 2 agents to throw the cops off their trail. FAILED

Strength points: +50 AWARDED TO FEL AND ZANDOR

Money bonus: +$70 AWARDED TO FEL AND ZANDOR

Popularity bonus of 10 points for Zandor, 5 for Fel with NICE
USSRGirl

Postby Jingo Jaden » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:44 pm

*gonna post the improvement of the characters here along with the updates*

Spesial agent

Name:Zandor Malakis

Age 21

Hair: See pic

Eyes: See pic

Height: 6,1

Clothing: See pic

Hit Points: 1645

Ability points: 150

Bank Account Balance: 2999$
Affiliation: NICE

Special powers: Beeing a madman in sicence he also loves to use martial arts.

Favorite food (will cure you the most!): Mostly meat.

Personality: He is a shady character, but he enjoys to threaten others by useing nasty means.

History: Grew up as a picpocket, had to struggle all the way.

*Spesial power 1* *100 attribute points*

*Grabs a hold of the opponents hand, twists it around and makes a kick to the elbow section while it is in a very dangerus location, the reflexes and overall power of this move makes it difficult for many opponents to see the attack and resist it*

Spesial Power 2 *50 attribute points*

When he is held at gunpoint, he manages even when aimed at to draw his gun in a extremely fast move getting either a shoot or a disarm at the opponent.
___

Ride status - 370/500 CP. Allows Speeds up to 160 MPH. Allows damage up to 350 and is installed with the anti sound generator.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby USSRGirl » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:09 pm

Oy. T___T I just realized that my battle system needs serious improvements.

Errr... for starters: HP and strength points are the same. I have no idea why I changed the name. In the future I shall use HP so just add the strength points to your HP.

Alsooo... here are some basic guidelines for battles in the future: You and every enemy will have an HP bar. The one change I made was this - You can alot HP to your special abilities to make them stronger. Saaay, you have 500 HP. If you use 100 of that HP to increase you special ability then you lose 100 HP making your HP 400. Still with me? Good. On the beneficial side, you will inflict more damage or be able to sustain more damage by using you special skills (depending on whether they're offensive or defensive).

If you wanna add to special abilities post it here. Also, and suggestions on the battle system are welcome!
USSRGirl

Postby Dante » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:09 pm

Need a battle system... darn currently on Grad work... but maybe Rei can... err... work a DEAL out later.

Pascal
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby USSRGirl » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:29 am

Hmmm Kal, was supposedly working on something but he died... uh again. :p
USSRGirl

Postby Kaligraphic » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:58 pm

I'm almost finished, should have it ready soon. I only have the materials on one machine (not this one), so I'll probably be sending it to you tomorrow or Thursday.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Dante » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:34 am

Working on it, got a weapons list ready by now... darn, if it weren't for that silly grad school papers... I'd be done by now... It's already 1:30 though and I should get to bed.

So far, I've completed a price list for a new weapons shop items, and a basic battle engine for the game that has a three parameter chaos system. 1st parameter is the weapon equiped to the player (the higher the weapon the greater the Max HP can be taken off, but weapon are limited by EXP see EXP section. 2nd Parameter is the ammo parameter which basically states that people who buy guns lose ammo and need to purchase more when they run out, but people who use melee weapons (swords) lose HP for higher powered attacks. 3rd parameter is the stat parameter which basically states that the lower your HP the less power you can dish out do to weakness, it also states that your power on a given weapon depends on your experience with said weapon... Thus players who gain a really high powered rifle from the store might be surprised that at first their old blunderbuss was more powerful O_O... Generally this is because they've grown accustomed to the old weapon and need to grow accustomed to the new weapon. I'm working on making the system in Excel and it is being designed to be easy to use for the GM and the player. If you're working on a system Kali could you drop me a PM, let's see what we're both thinking about :).

Pascal
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Photosoph » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:50 pm

That's really cool. ^_^ Sounds great!

Oh, and if you need to, Technokit could work as a weaponsmith sort of person. She's into the whole gadget-making thing, though she'd need extra dough to consider making a weapon. And she wouldn't be happy to provide weapons to anyone with minus popularity points with St. Anne's. :lol:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby USSRGirl » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:06 pm

Welcome to the insomniac's club of America, Pascal. Hmmm... when you guys get done PM them or post the systems and we'll take a vote on which is better. See, I'm a fair communist. I allows voting (sort of).

Tech will be the weapon's dealer if the shops get set up!
USSRGirl

Postby Dante » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:24 pm

Actually Technokit, you cand send the resume... but I'd like to contact Kaligraphic and see if we can't determine up some fusion of our systems that works out better than either one of them. I already have a list of weapons and other stuff, but you know me and trying to increase my income :). Generally though, I'm looking to start a joint venture between me and Kaligraphic, though we would happy to have Technokit, work there she'd be better at selling the weapons than making them as we have... err... sources. I'll work out the details with Kali later, when he comes on.

Pascal
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Kaligraphic » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:02 pm

Actually, that raises an interesting question of weapon sourcing. Pascal, if you could pm me what you have and how it works (if not self-explanatory), I'll see if I can't steal some of your work there/integrate some of our ideas to make a better combined system. (If you've got the formulas set up, that could be a convenient tool.)

And perhaps Technokit could supply mechanical weapons, and Marius could run an explosives underground? That could lead to some interesting interactions, especially if a weapon requires both explosive and mechanical components.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Dante » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:57 pm

Ok, getting closer guys, almost done with Rei's stats (I"m using him as a beta run) if this works here (I still have a few more things I can do to make this easier for you to run Temulin I think) then I can just quick adapt it to all the other players on Excel and send it to Temulin... I still need a few things from Kali though and we're still going back and forth. Generally though, I've got a working system on a large portion of things and it could even go as is right now, but I'd rather it not (Kali had some good suggestions that I would like to see incorperated). Kali and I also have to come to an agreement on a few other things, but after tons and tons of math and proggraming it looks like this is at least feasable!

Pascal
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby USSRGirl » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:53 pm

EUREKA! That's the brand of vacuum I use, btw. T__T Just do me a big huge Majin Buu sized favor, Pascal, and leave out the quantum physics, eh?
USSRGirl

Postby Dante » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:41 pm

Sure, I'm trying to make it as simple as dropping basic easy to find and understand numbers into specific locations and having your computer do everything else... IT will have a ton of math to do however, so don't think that the file is simple... it's complex but I'm trying to handle all the complexities that I can.

Pascal
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby USSRGirl » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:29 am

T__T I will not do math. The chairwoman's time is too good for that.
USSRGirl

Postby Photosoph » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:58 pm

:lol:
Sounds programmy and complicated for me... but I'll be happy to help however I can.
I like Kaligraphic's suggestions, too. ^_^ Two different shops with different things could have interesting consequences.
Hmm... Technokit as a character is mostly apposed to lethal weapons, but she'd be happy to provide things that do damage without actually killing, and I suppose a handy person could always make them lethal or something. But she could be convinced to do different things by a persuasive person, I assume.
Keep up the good work, Pascal; it's good to have a guy handy with coding. ^^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Dante » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:56 pm

Still working on it, I'm hoping for a great list kali ;)... maybe I can work on the program later tonight... for now... it's matrix time! Oh yeah, I've got a magic system designed now... but putting it to code will be interesting. It actually costs money (which is good because I can use the designs from the sword and gun systems) you buy books though, except... unlike the long range (gun) or short range (sword) the cost depends upon your "alignment" as do the power you can get out of them, the experience points to master them... even whether their available at the store or "hidden". Oh yes... I hope to make hidden items... but you'll have a lot of fun finding them as being in a location doesn't qualify one the ability to find them, I prefer event based, who knows though I may just fancy a player who makes reall REALLY good posts and with the concent of the GMs mesh the weapon or item into their storyline :lol:... Anyways, the magic system makes use of latin because it err... sounds really cool! After all, it sounds so much cooler to say that your character made use of iodochryosis of the first order instead of saying Ice Level 1 or Erytho instead of fire, and yes, I use colors to match the ellement to the magic or special power type (If you don't like magic that's fine, others just use this as a generic term, in fact the official name for our abilities are called Ideoanima or one's spirit, symbolic of spiritual energy in play). If you get really good at this and we add more, who knows we may all become REALLY great at latin just by playing :P... and it isn't as hard as you think, one moment your looking at me oddly, the next your asking your mother why she doesn't know that xantho stands for yellow in latin :)! (I learnt a ton of fascinating myths in Nations and States through this method and you don't even realize it, but it really is fun!)

Pascal
FKA Pascal
Dante

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying