The N.I.C.E Filecabinet

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby Photosoph » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:24 pm

Yes... I've heard about your uber-long non-spaced out posts in Nations and States. :lol:
Still, I have to say that a lot of that went over my head. However, that generally tends to happen when people start talking technically around me. :sweat: I'd love to be able to understand it... but for now, confuzzlement suits me fine. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby USSRGirl » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:40 am

Mission Log:

Mission: The Informant (Zandor)

Mission Level: Hard

Main Objective: Convince or kidnap informant Major Doss and bring him back to NICE.

Secondary Objectives: Procure classified documents on military activities

Strength points: +30

Money bonus: +$50
USSRGirl

Postby USSRGirl » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:49 am

Mission: Stop Zandor (Any rebel... probably Technokit?)

Main Objective: Stop Zandor from reaching the military camp.

Secondary Objectives: Expose corrupt military officials.

Strength points: +30

Money bonus: +$50
USSRGirl

Postby Jingo Jaden » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:17 am

I wanted to shead some detail on this rpg, so I have edited on a map.

The Red - NICE
The Cyan - St.Anne
The Yellow - Black Sun

As it stands now NICE who can be considered a notorius organisation who allows shadey methods to solve their problems are currently in the position where they want to contact the Black Sun organisation. Nice rely more on agents who leak information and money into their system than stock investment.

St.Anne who is a organisation considered to fight against NICE are trying to prevent them from expanding their currupt agency. They have contact to several high positions in England who tries to maintain a fine course in this country. They are aware of the British military unstability as it stands now, however both NICE and the Black Sun have more info than they have currently.

The Black Sun is the most powerful organisation of the three most mentioned. A very shady organisation who is unknown to much of the local ear, but however illegal to the contry's politics. They have threatened many times to get a ransom or bomb a random location, and have gotten a steady income by doing so at many times. They seek to reach the public ear soon and will use many means in order to accomplish that. The Black Sun is more internationaly expanded as it stands, however it is mostly developed around Western Europe currently.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Jingo Jaden » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:53 am

The color represents the overall control of the areas the organisation in question may have. Influense in politics, economy ect. They are basicly stronger at that area than on the other areas, even though its fully possible to send agents to other parts of the world.

Jingo Jaden

Postby USSRGirl » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:12 am

Whoa. Did you do that all on photoshop? O.O It looks so realistic! Thanks for the recap on the different organizations too.
USSRGirl

Postby Jingo Jaden » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:23 am

No its edited :)

Jingo Jaden

Postby USSRGirl » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:40 am

I thought that looked too good to be drawn. XD
USSRGirl

Postby Photosoph » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:35 pm

Nooo! Black Sun have got France! ToT
Very cool map, Jaden. ^_^ And good information too.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby USSRGirl » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:18 pm

Meh... France is not vital... just undercooked meat, cheap wine, and cheap cheese. California has better wine... er.... not that I've tried it... but so I'm told. XD
Anywho, new mission!

Mission Log:

Mission: Biomed Retrieval

Rating: Very Hard

HP: +100

Money: +$250

First primary objective - Clear the outpost of the communication radio.

Second primary objective - Reach the control senter and manage to download ceartain files.

3rd primary objective - Get a sample of the biomods without the side effects.

Secondary objective - Find the leading scientist. Plant a explosive trap on him and get him to join on the way back.

Secondary objective number 2 - Any other biomods would be nice to have with oneself. Find the biomod list of advantages and disadvantages.
USSRGirl

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:20 pm

Temmy, I've decided to enlighten you with a quote, one you'll find yourself in full agreement with, at least in Spirit:

"I Am the Emperor Of Rome, And Above Grammar"-Sigismund, Emperor Of Rome.
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Postby Jingo Jaden » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:07 pm

Now we are going to get biomods into the rpg. I think I will make a list on how to use them and how they work.

Firstly - Eldils can not use them. *At least the proper technology have not yet been invented*.

A human can have maximum 3 biomods injected to oneself. Biomods are very expensive and rare. A selected few scientists can create them useing highly modified technology. Biomods are injected as fluid into the human's body. And offer a alteration of its structure and attributes. They can make one very agile and fast, or strong and endurant. If you have the right biomods, then you can get all of those attributes. Makeing the character stronger and more adapted in combat or other areas. Some biomods affect the mentality and/or physical attributes, however the effects are not permanent as the fluid injected can also be drained. However that is expensive as well.

The biomods are a relativly new tech. So don't expect to see it on the market just yet. High ranked people in the military can have a slight insight about what they are just as things stand now, never the less here is a list over biomods *comes in 5 levels* 1 - low 5 - high.

*body*

Endurance biomod *L-1* Adds 50 hp to the character.

Speed biomod *L-1* Makes the character faster than the average human.

Strenght biomod *L-1* Makes the melee of the character more effective than the average human. Allows the human to lift heavy objects.

Acrobatic biomod *L-2* Makes the human able to jump very high. Makes climbing and running easier to perform and allows the character to be much more acrobatic than a normal human' can be. *+ 25 HP*

*mind*

Reaction biomod *L-1* Will make the character faster to react. Projectiles can be easier to dogde. *please, no matrix its only a level 1 biomod*.

Senses biomod *L-1* Improves the senses, makes sight improved, balanse improved and other areas *such as smell ect*.

Fury biomod * L-1 * A character can do supriseingly brave and perhaps even effective things when angry.

Dicipline biomod *L-2* Makes the memory improved. The character can push him/herself to a stronger limit. Also the physical attributes increases somewhat.

Useualy, the price range of biomods useualy vary like this. *They are quite expensive*.

Level 1 - 250$

Level 2 - 500$

Level 3 - 1000$

Level 4 - 5000$

Level 5 - *not often sold for any reason, however expect a huge sum for any biomods of this level*.

Also, do not let your character get too much insight in this just yet, NICE or St.Anne will probably give you info the more they trust you.

*St.Anne has not yet gotten the information, perhaps if they infiltrate NICE when they have gotten information they will be able to find out*.

Jingo Jaden

Postby USSRGirl » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:05 pm

Hillarious, Ishtare. But you know I copy/pasted some of that from JM's post. Call in Norweignlish (wasn't that it? XD). I however use only the most proper Queen's English! God save the queen!

Thanks for the info on the biomods... I was wondering what exactly they did.
USSRGirl

Postby Jingo Jaden » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:12 pm

Hey, sorry for haveing a bad typo day :O

Jingo Jaden

Postby Photosoph » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:38 pm

(OOC:
Hillarious, Ishtare. But you know I copy/pasted some of that from JM's post. Call in Norweignlish (wasn't that it? XD). I however use only the most proper Queen's English! God save the queen!

Thanks for the info on the biomods... I was wondering what exactly they did.

You do? Erm... do you spell colour 'color', and realise 'realize'? Otherwise you'll be speaking the President's proper American. ^_^"

And no prob, J; we all have bad typo days. :grin: )
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Photosoph » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:41 pm

Sorry to double-post, but that will actually get your attention, rather than just editing. Besides, this is a new thought.
How about we all make a post which lists our characters current stats? E.g, health, any items on them, and maybe location. It would definitely be helpful in regards to health and how much money they have, so we can keep track.
With that in mind, I'll start with my characters. I won't do Mr. Bultitude; he's not really a part of the action, at least not now.

Fel

Health: 800/800hp

Status: slightly sick from Frost's injection, and in cat form. Otherwise normal.

Where: NICE

Any special items on him: none

Current cash: $720

Fame: St. Anne's: +5 NICE: -5

Technokit

Health: not sure... maybe 300?/500

Any special items on her: Penguin-pilot and electric gun, as well as a screwdriver, soldering iron and some wire. She always keeps those handy.

Current cash: none. :'(

Fame: not sure at the moment...

Frost

Health: 650/650

Any special items on him: a small notebook, a pen, and cookies he bought from the cafeteria earlier in the RP.

Current cash: $678

Fame: St. Anne's: -1,000 NICE: +1,000
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Kaligraphic » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:41 pm

Okay, my Jewish Ninja has just scored a couple of captives! Now he can ask them questions and get into the action!

For the ninja pride of Hidden Menorah Village!
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby USSRGirl » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:54 pm

>.< How many times is Feverstone gonna get knocked out? He only wants world peace!!!!! He's not so bad... as long as people cater to his every whim.
USSRGirl

Postby USSRGirl » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:37 pm

Hey guys -

You know this battle system/HP system is really not working out. Some characters are gaining stats, others haven't gained any since the start of the RPG. Also, it seems to just get in the way and confuse people. Soooo.... here are a few options I'd like to propose. Maybe we should vote on what to do (yes commies allow voting at times):

1.) Get rid of the whole thing and just keep the damage semi-realistic, play at as a standard RPG with no official HP. You would still gain money and techniques for missions. Maybe gain special skills instead of HP.

2.) Have a GM (me or JM) post how much damage a character takes after every attack post.

3.) Wait in eager anticipation for Pascal and Kal to come up with a chaos theory based battle system of epic proportions.

4.) Continue what we're doing now (though it seems really arbitrary to me).

Other ideas are welcome!
USSRGirl

Postby QtheQreater » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:04 pm

o_O

Well...all I know is that my characters are still living...

I dunno.

I likes the GM's posting damage thing...but...er...well, I really don't know, not having done this thing much.

@.<
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby Photosoph » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:43 pm

Neither. I like all of the options, really. I wouldn't mind playing it as a standard RP... but then, damage etc does make it more interesting. But special skills (but keeping health points), and the GM posting damage might be the way to go for now.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby USSRGirl » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:22 pm

Hmm... yeah maybe upgrade to special skills instead and just post damage.
USSRGirl

Postby USSRGirl » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:07 pm

Two new missions up:

Mission: Fake Stuff! (Zandor and Feverstone)

Mission Level: Very Easy

Main Objective: Locate Lord Feverstone. Have Feverstone make fake St. Anne's arm badges on his computer.

Secondary Objectives: Get him to make you a fake credit card too.

Strength points: +10

Money bonus: +$50 to Feverstone for faking them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mission: Blow up cruise ship (Zandor and Silerra)

Main Objective: Destroy designated cruise ship and make it look like St. Anne's did it.

Secondary Objectives: ?

Strength points: +50

Money bonus: +$70
USSRGirl

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:28 pm

The bagde for St Anne made in photoshop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jingo Jaden

Postby USSRGirl » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:32 pm

AWESOME JM!!! We'll use this in the RPG.

St. Anne's people - This is your logo whether you like it or not. The chairman has spoken. -____-
USSRGirl

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:02 pm

We like it not. It'll be a false logo. Fun. Also, I'll get someone to design it, so no worries kids.
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Postby Dante » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:03 pm

OOC: Okay, just to note, the battle system has been done for a while, so the question of course is… why haven’t I sent it to Temmy yet?! The answer is that I managed to eradicate most of the work she would need to do, but that the file is 134 MB in size… yes, it is huge, but remember, it’s happy complicated battle system. That stated, it is also completely and totally useless at this juncture unless I can reduce it’s size. I can open it on my computer and I’ve been trying to keep it updated, but there is the problem that I keep falling behind in monitoring everyone’s health and money values. First off, I’ve found some slight errors at time concerning everyone’s HP and money but each player should be watching this themselves. But that stated does not stop me from implementing a suggested price list and stat level suggestion for various items as I consider reworking a new battle system. This list is given below,

Swords
SWORD COST MAX ATK AVAILABILITY
BASIC $0 10 HP EQUIP AT START
Iron Edge $50 20 HP AT STORE
Green destiny $220 70 HP AT STORE
Clarent $680 160 HP AT STORE
Sikanda $970 200 HP HIDDEN
Mortal’s Bane $1200 230 HP AT STORE
Steel Refletion $1500 260 HP AT STORE
Lhang $1800 280 HP AT STORE
Masamune $2200 310 HP HIDDEN
Sting $2500 330 HP AT STORE
CX-DEF UNIT $2800 350 HP AT STORE
Ragnarok $3200 370 HP HIDDEN
Anguirel $3500 390 HP AT STORE
Rhindon $3800 400 HP AT STORE
War of Roses $4000 410 HP AT STORE
Fenris $4300 420 HP HIDDEN
Fragarach $4500 430 HP AT STORE
Atma Weapon $4700 440 HP AT STORE
Glamdring $5000 450 HP HIDDEN
THE Brick Priceless ??? HP HIDDEN

Note on Weapons, the basic idea for this was to make sure that a player that completed a few missions could begin to gain enough power to take out another basic player. Note that I want the HP max to be roughly 2000, but I want players to get that level exponentially slow too. Note that even a $220 sword can cut off 70 HP at max strike power. That’s roughly 1/7 of a normal students HP. This should lengthen battles out a little more generally making sure that neither side pwns the other unless they’ve been in the game a long long time. Hidden weapons need not be purchased, but if you happen to find one (I’ll work out their locations later) the price next to it is the suggested retail value. Note that users must be close to their targets in order to use their swords, a problem that gun users do not have.

Guns

GUN COST MAX ATK AVAILABILITY
Homemade Cannon $0 10 HP EQUIP AT START
Gonne $80 50 HP AT STORE
Blunderbuss $150 100 HP HIDDEN
Arquebus $220 140 HP AT STORE
TASER $300 180 HP AT STORE
PHASR $400 210 HP AT STORE
R.B.C. Shotgun $600 250 HP HIDDEN
Mosin Nagant $800 280 HP AT STORE
Jericho $950 300 HP AT STORE
Dessert Eagle $1150 320 HP AT STORE
Standard Issue $1500 350 HP AT STORE
Thomson 1921 $2100 380 HP HIDDEN
Dragunov SVD $2500 400 HP AT STORE
AK-107 $2800 410 HP AT STORE
XM-8 $3100 420 HP HIDDEN
Rail Launcher $3400 430 HP AT STORE
Metal Storm $4100 450 HP AT STORE
Vogon Poetry $0 470 HP HIDDEN
Point of View Gun Priceless ??? HP HIDDEN

Guns act just like swords if this were to go through except they can and should be used from a distance. I’ve leveled them both out so that a sword and a gun do roughly about the same amount of damage in the system, but you’re better off with guns for the most part (in the program you had to purchase ammo too to go with the gun, but that’s not included here)
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Dante » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:06 pm

IDEOANIMA
RED
Erytho: Fire attack. Basic attack for someone of red alignment.
Erythobelli: Fire of war. Rallies party members and user to improve their stamina in a hard battle.
Erythomorphis: Shaping Fire: Allows user to control and shape fire.
Erythoportat: Carry fire: Gives user the ability to withstand flames and carry it in their hand.
Calorpyralis: Searing Flare: Powerful mana attack which causes burns on the enemy.

ORANGE
Chryso: Earth attack. Basic attack for someone of orange alignment.
Chrysofracture: Earth Shattering. Allows the user to control earth quakes and damage light structures.
Chrysostrict: Earth Trapping. Allows user to trap opponent in a fissure that opens within the Earth.
Terrastructure: Earth build. Uses earth to create a shield of rock in front of the user.
Magnigneous: Great Earth. A massive burst of stones and rocks shattering from the ground that causes severe damage and gives the opponent a sprang in their ankle.

YELLOW
Xantho: Lightening: Basic lightening attack for a YELLOW aligned character.
Xanthodynama: Electric Power. Allows user to control and turn off or on electrical current in circuits.
Xanthomorphis: Shaping lightening. Allows user to shape electric currents in the air while they are discharging.
Xanthoportat: Carry lightening. Allows user to walk through lightening and carry it in their hand.
Volticmortalis: Deadly voltage. A powerful burst of electric energy from the sky that causes opponent to go into shock while taking off a large amount of HP.

GREEN
Chloro: Life. Basic attack for GREEN aligned character.
Zoodictai: Animal Linguistics. Allows user to speak to animals or even plant life.
Chloromutation: Lifeform Change. Allows user to transform from one animal to another.
Chloronova: New Life. The ability to revive another user.
Toxocide: Kill Life. A powerful attack that also poisons the opponent.

BLUE
Iodo: Water. Basic attack for BLUE aligned characters.
Iodomorphis: Shaping water. Allows user to control the shape of water at a distance.
Iodocryosis: Freezing water. Allows user to freeze or liquefy water.
Iodospir: Breathing water. Allows user to breathe under water.
Hydrodeluvian: The flood. Causes a massive flood that creates high damage to the opponent and hypothermia.

PURPLE
Porphyro: Time. Basic attack for someone of a PURPLE alignment.
Chronoceleri: Time acceleration. Allows user to accelerate time, in their reference frame allowing them to do more things in less time.
Pophyrosomnia: Sleeping Time. Allows user to stop time entirely.
Xenoaether: Strange Space-Time. Allows user to move from place to place and enter into people’s dreams.
Terminachronos: The end of time. Causes heavy damage and sends opponent into a sleeping state.

WHITE
Albo: Light. Basic attack for someone of a WHITE alignment.
Luxphobia: Fear of light. Causes opponents to be afraid of any light.
Omniaurora: All light. Covers everything in bright white light.
Photovitalis: Light of life. Healing action.
Stellanova: New Star. A massive attack that makes opponents feel guilty for their actions.

BLACK
Melano: Darkness. Basic attack for someone of BLACK allignmnet.
Noctiphobia: Fear of Darkness. Causes opponents to fear darkness.
Omnimescato: All darkness. Covers everything in pitch black darkness (no light, even in daylight).
Noctolucidia: Sight in Darkness. Gives user the ability to see in the dark.
Finlucia: Lights end. A powerful attack that damages opponents and causes them temporary blindness.

Ideoanima (given above) is a system that differs from the others in that each player has only two actions to worry about in attacks. However, being mostly experience based in the system, it isn’t much good here.

Over all, I would like to start up a weapon’s shop but the program is basically unsuccessful if it’s at 140 MBs. Stupid Excel file… anyways. I figured that you guys deserve this update. I will likely consider condensing the files into smaller ones and then distributing them to the players to keep updated or something along those lines if necessary in the future. Overall everything is exponential and I built in some nice fun features like vetranacy factor in weapons and players given experience. (your attack power goes up with the amount of practice and use you’ve gained with a weapon plus the amount of battle experience you have overall). It also differentiated certain losses for using the full power attack such as requiring more expensive ammo or losing more HP per attack and would vary the attack power according to how much HP you had as well as keeping a tab of the amount of money you had. Everything was basically put together happily but the problem is that the file is too big and I can’t keep track of everything to catch it up to the RP.

Pascal
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:06 pm

Looks very inntresting Pascal, I am quite sure this will come in well use. :)

Jingo Jaden

Postby Photosoph » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:32 pm

Definitely.

Argh; keeping up with the RP is definitely a problem. ^_^" But maybe if we were all to post our characters' current hp/stats etc in this thread and diligently updated it might work out.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying