Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:19 pm

Ok, yeah I figured I'd wait till after school wraps up.^^
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Kawaiikneko » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:02 am

Actually, all your theories couldn't be farther off... There's actually a rather good amount of clues in Rance and Mullin's conversation, but at this point you'd still be fishing around in the dark as to what Lain actually did. That being said, there's two characters in the rp who are in town looking for Lain and who know what happened to her, there's two (I think) characters who are looking for Lain to make sure she doesn't come back, and there's a handful of characters who aren't attached to her either way. I know why Mullin, Rance, and Miley are at the school, but I think all the others are a coincidence.

Your one person idea is probably closest, only b/c the other idea was wwaaaayyy out there, but its still really far off.

And um... sorry you're not joining. Can't really tell what the point of posting this was then.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Felix » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:40 pm

WOooo! \o.o/ Welcome Laura. I love your character a lot. She's so lazingly awesome.

Wow, anony, someone's been doing some serious pondering. Very interesting ideas! Like Tee said, though, they're pretty much wrong =P Still, very interesting, thanks for posting.
Felix

Postby insanewitapen » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:13 am

.......I drew yet another picture. >_>;;

Olivia and Aaron when they were much younger (before accident) and the only period in Olivia's life where she wore pink. >:]

(I slacked off in the colored version and didn't finish it but managed some shading *still kinda new to digital/computer coloring...with a mouse*)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[color="LemonChiffon"]Perfect World International
Llux-Sanctuary[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="LemonChiffon"]My DeviantArt[/color]
insanewitapen

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:15 am

AWWWW They're adorable!!
Kawaiikneko

Postby Kawaiikneko » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:11 am

XD Glad to hear it.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Monkey J. Luffy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:50 pm

Name:Tesnu Tensuki
Absolute or normal:Absolute
Age (in the case of Absolutes fill in apparent age and actual age):appears:18 Real age: 200
Appearance:Green eyes. spiky green hair, a neclace with a weird jewel, always wears a hooded sweatshirt.
Personality:Happy, unless he's near someone he doesn't like
History:For the past two hundred years he has concentrated on creating a sword that can help him defeat any absolute. Though he was born in America, he spent much time in japan devoloping swords. his father was an absolute that was killed before Tesnu was 10... "Mysteriously" killed XD
Lain:Hates her swore that if he ever finds her she will die...

Since I haven't been on for awhile might as well get into a good RP :)
Monkey J. Luffy

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:31 am

I hate to be the downer here, but could you develop him a little more? Why is he in Apple Creek (if he's in Apple Creek...)? And this whole sword thing is a little funny because all he'd have to do is set the terms "I have a sword that can defeat any Absolute." Of course, alot of Absolutes could probably find a contradiction in that. On top of that, how do you explain his dependance on material weapons such as swords when he has his powers at his disposal. And finally, how has being alive so long affected his morals? Why does he hate Lain? Did she do something to him while she was reigning - if he's 200 he would have been alive during part of her Empire.

How was his father killed? It's very hard for Absolutes to be killed permanently, so even though you don't have to tell me I expect you to have a knock-up explanation when we do find out. You can't cop-out and claim Lain did it, because she wouldn't do pointless things without reason.

Sorry, but I have this thing against RP characters that look like they came straight out of an anime. Develop him a little more, make him more "real", and it'll be fine.... Btw, have you read the whole RP?
Kawaiikneko

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:05 pm

One thing I would like to mention is that America and Japan did not have contact with each other 200 years ago. It wasn't till the 1800's that communication's first started. So it makes no sense that he has a full blown Japanese name if he was born in the states.
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Monkey J. Luffy » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:56 pm

...silly me... I can correct it when I find some time...
Monkey J. Luffy

Postby Felix » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:59 pm

So... I thought maybe Mullin could change back while he's getting popcorn. Yay or nay?
Felix

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:44 pm

I'm gonna let Danya post first, then sure...
Kawaiikneko

Postby Yumie » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:31 pm

Lol, that'll take a load off Caleb I guess. Or maybe he'll think the girl took off when she saw him. We'll see.
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:43 pm

Gender bending can be so awkwardly funny...
Kawaiikneko

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:42 am

is it too late to join this? :O
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Danyasaur » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:43 pm

. . . I don't know *Yells for Tee* . . .

Linda's making me post two doodles I did on two Sundays. . . <.< . . .

On the first, that's his skateboard that's broken in the corner, and. . . . I'll just leave it up to ya'll's imaginations to guess what happened XD

and second is Craig again. . . happy. . . yeah, freaky huh? Lol, I thought it was kinda' cute. Long live t3h CHIBZEES!!!! *does chibzee dance of joy*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby insanewitapen » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:22 pm

THE CHIBZEEES~!! *joins in the dance* Craig looks so cute when he's happyyy~ And as I said before I LOVE Brick in the backround ofthe other picture! And Hershey's expression is awesome. XD
Llux-Sanctuary[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
insanewitapen

Postby Kawaiikneko » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:16 am

It's never too late for Savvy to join! =]

AHHH I love your drawings! X3
Kawaiikneko

Postby chibiphonebooth » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:31 am

YAY!!! i'll submit a character very shortly. :D

i need to draw her out first. tee hee.

*excited*

((is the chibzees me?)) o.o
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby insanewitapen » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:38 am

XD no the Chibzee referances aren't you, but I'm glad you've decided to join! Welcome~!! *cheers*
Llux-Sanctuary[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
insanewitapen

Postby chibiphonebooth » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:00 am

oh. hahahah. XD
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby insanewitapen » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:51 pm

Here's a very quick doodle I did on a homework paper and ended up coloring. XD I'm posting it to make up for my rather forceful proding of Danya, to put up her own pictures. *cackles*

Craig and Olivia's relationship is just so special......*coughhack*
Llux-Sanctuary[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
insanewitapen

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:08 pm

a lot of writing... ready?? BWISHOOMMMMMM:

Name: Chiharu
Absolute or normal: Absolute
Age (in the case of Absolutes fill in apparent age and actual age): she looks like she is 14- but she is actually 17. but in actuality, she is REALLY around 200 years old.
Appearance (please don’t include clothing unless it’s like a type… people change clothes every day): she has very large eyes for a japanese, and they are very striking- but very soothing at the same time. They are a grey hue, instead of the usual brown. they are not harsh or scary- but soft and comforting- the eyes of innocence. she has a perfect complection, and plump, soft, rosy lips. she has a very young face, almost cherub-like. Overall, her face is a very soft and kind face. Her raven black hair falls over her eyes gently. she has a very petite build, and is quite short- about 5' 1". i'll post a picture.
Personality: she is quite shy, but very sweet and kind. She has a very comforting nature about her- something that reminds many of fluffy soft clouds and happy birds and bunnies. XD
She is very obedient, and very, very loyal. She is polite and cautious.
History: born in the Meiji period, she was an apprentice geisha for many years, therefor she did not have any friends- for she was busy studying all the time. Once she turned 17, she became the second geisha in her okyia. She was quite successful for her age. She began to work at a teahouse, where she met an American politician and his daughter. His daughter and her became friends. after a couple of years of trust, Chiharu revealed to the girl that she was an absolute. From then on, it became a downward spiral of manipulation. The Girl manipulated Chiharu to protect her and to make her live much longer. She used her for her own amusement- and Chiharu was completely brainwashed into following her every word. She did not want to loose her only friend. Eventually, after moving away from Japan when they were about 20- they moved to various places around the world for the Girl's amusement. They lived in different places for many decades- still retaining their teenage appearence. They soon landed in Apple Creek, Ohio, for where they began to go to school there- still looking like they were in their teens.

Name: Evelyn
Absolute or normal: Normal but knows of absolutes
Age (in the case of Absolutes fill in apparent age and actual age): is 18, but is also around 200 years old.
Appearance (please don’t include clothing unless it’s like a type… people change clothes every day): She is quite tall, about 5' 9". She has a slender build, and looks like a model. She has striking greenish-yellow eyes, and long blonde hair. she has quite high cheekbones, and a very secretive grin. She is very attractive- and had been a model for a while- back in the 60's, and then again in the 90's. She has a high sense of style and class.
Personality: She is very manipulative and persuasive- getting it from her father. She is sly and secretive- but quite outgoing and strongwilled. When she wants something, she gets it. no questions asked. sometimes literally. She can be harsh and rude, and can get annoyed easily. She acts like she can be better than everyone else sometimes.
History: Her and her father took a boat over to Japan in the late 1800's to settle many things with the japanese. She didn't know many details, and stayed at home most of the time. She didn't have a lot of friends because of the language barrier. Once her father started going to the teahouse everyday, she eventually joined him- and met Chiharu. They hit it off quickly, dispite the language barrier. She got her father to teach her japanese so she could talk with Chiharu easier. After many years of friendship, when Chiharu revealed to her about her 'powers', Evelyn decided she wanted that. When she found out she had to be born with it- she decided to use Chiharu instead. She always got what she wanted- and learned it all from Daddy. Learning all the manipulation tricks of the trade from her politician father- she persuaded Chiharu to do whatever she wanted. ((same story about moving around as chiharu's)).

She moved to Apple Creek, Ohio because she "heard of a good modeling agency there". The real reason was to search for more information on Lain. Being filled in over the multiple years together- Evelyn was very interested in this Lain character...

i'll post pictures in a bit. i hope this is ok, Tee! i talked to you about this before. XP
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby Kawaiikneko » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:57 pm

accepted. =]
Kawaiikneko

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:22 am

yayyyyyyy! :D

here is some piccies.

please dont mind my face.

i really didn't feel like cropping. x.x

i'm so lazy. ;^;
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby Danyasaur » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:45 am

Wow. . . so pretty. . . . ! Oh, and the picture's good too. . . . XD just kidding. It looks awesome!
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby insanewitapen » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:28 pm

Ohhh soo gorgeous~! *_*
Llux-Sanctuary[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
insanewitapen

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:41 pm

hahahahahah. XD

thanks guys.
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:37 pm

tsk tsk savvy.. drawing on your hands

your drawings are gorgeous as always!
Kawaiikneko

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:33 am

XD

it's henna, tee.
:P

Thank you <3
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying