Picture RP (comic-esque)

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Picture RP (comic-esque)

Postby Myoti » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:08 pm

While I probably won't try to start something like this anytime soon, be there anyone interested in an attempting a rather... "different" style of RP?

Basically, I'm saying we do an RP where everything must be drawings only (comic-style, mostly). All actions, situations, etc. would be done through pictures and not typing (words are allowed in speech bubbles, of course).

I have no story idea planned yet or such (and I need to obtain my own personal scanner before trying anything), but would be anyone be interesting in trying something like this?

A few rules in doing so:
-you must have a scanner/drawing tablet (duh).
-must be intelligent enough to know what you're doing (we're all over 13; you should all know how to spell by now >_> ).
-and the other typical stuff, no god-moding, blah blah blah.

Oh, and I'll probably end up only allowing some in the end anyways, but if you can "prove yourself" to me, you're in. If I don't like, well, you're out of luck (just [partially] joking XD ).

Oh yeah, if we do do it, I'll need a co-GM (as I still have another active RP).

"Visual-antes"

Out-raged at the insane prices of K-Wal-Max-Buy, Myoti, the young ninja-pirate-bat, decides to gather together his own gang of ninja-pirates and take down the empirical corporation.

Once the team is gathered, they shall set out on their great quest, for the people, for the fame, and for the glory... and the fact they've been bored all summer.

That's all I'm saying for now (since much of this will end up being rather random anyways).

Character example (me; basically just whatever stuff you find to be important for your characer =p):

Name: Myoti
Fighting Style: Bat Kenpo? >_>
Other Stuff: Loves money, chocolate and fun (will do nearly anything for the first two).

Quick sketch: http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/2023/myotici8.jpg

Once we get a few more bios, I'll try to get this started.
Myoti

Postby Rei » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:37 am

This sounds like a cool idea^^
When you search your soul, what do you see?
A broken piece of your heart, or happiness as large as the sea. When you fall to pieces, do you cry, or do you look up to the sky..remembering the promise made, that he will always be there to make darkness fade.

----------------
Dramacon!!!!You have to read this manga!!!
----------------
Alone..Never..Dreamer..Forever..

New layout on my Myspace:
myspace
Rei

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:51 am

I would love to do this!! And I am available for the co-GM position! ^_^

(I will continue to watch one piece!! HAHA BRIBE ALERT!) LETS DO IT MYOTI!!!!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Myoti » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:55 am

Hah, alright. I'll PM ya on it. ^_^

Hrm... for getting in, I shall require you to make a short sort of comic page with a minimum of three panels consisting of:
-a minimum of two characters (people, 'chibi', furry, robot, whatever, etc.; being unique could get you brownie points :q )
-one panel must be overexpression (freaked out character, angry, yelling, eyes bulging out, whatever), one must be some kind of action, and the other can be whatever
-must be text (box caption and/or speech bubbles) showing you know at least basic grammar rules (all caps is fine, since must comics do this, and can be written [if legible] or typed, and please, don't use random Japanese words!! >.<)
-color is optional

Actual character creation won't be required just yet, as I still need to figure out a good story plan (I'll discuss with CR; also, I need to acquire a new scanner, which shouldn't take too long).

Be smart, creative, and good at drawing, and you might just get in. o.o/
Myoti

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:12 am

YUSH!! This will be fun! If you guys have any suggestions please pm us!!

However, let's stay away from the whole Fantasy-Mutant-AngstRidden-Mylifeisterrible-Let'soverthrowthegovernment-Genre. LETS BE ORIGINAL!!!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Myoti » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:18 am

Yes, original is good. Let's overthrow Wal-mart. =D
Myoti

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:25 am

YARRR LETS DO IT!! we could be tiny gremlin peoples XDD (okie..I am getting waaay to into this XD)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Myoti » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:02 pm

Just so everyone knows, I got my scanner already (faster than I thought), but there's not USB cord. I'm gonna go pick one up tommorow and we shall attempt to start soon (once we get more people and actually plan this out, etc. ).
Myoti

Postby Myoti » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:16 pm

Tis fine. I'll try to get things started (relatively) soon.
Myoti

Postby Cuddles da Bear » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:13 am

You know, this might be good for me, I need the incentive to start drawing again and this kinda reminds me of Void, lol.

But since you're staying away from fantasy and stuff is it going to be based in the modern era or the futuristic era? Is it gonna be mostly action or drama?
Cuddles da Bear

Postby Ranchluva » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:14 pm

ahehe!
I wanna join!

(I'm Not perfect at drawing but if I really work on somthing I'm pretty good)

But i'll try to draw somthing up ^-^'
I'm alive people :)
Ranchluva

Postby Myoti » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:33 pm

Um, still trying to think up a good way of doing it (gotta talk with CR sometime about it). Once we get it down, we'll tell ya. o.o\
Myoti

Postby Myoti » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:38 pm

Okay, I haven't done alot with this just yet (obviously...), but the main reason being that doing something like this as a "roleplay" could be... difficult. Having each person only drawing their own characters might not move things on very well, so instead, what say yee to simply creating a picture story that everyone can attribute to (mostly random for the fun of it, though meaning this would be more suited to he Goof-Off forum).

If 'yeah', I will start such a thread therein (and no one else try beforeth me! Do so and ye shall be bitten by yonder disformed wombat!).

Oh, and why the heck and I'm talking with a wierd accent...? >_>

EDIT:
Wait, we can have at least one thing to keep it under more control (and possibly make it more 'RP' related).

When new characters are introduced, they'll be listed here before approval in the story. That way we don't have a bazillion of random... things, running about everywhere (though anything I introduce will be listed AFTER I introduce them >=D ).
Myoti

Postby Myoti » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:08 am

Basically, we just make a story that you have to add pictures to continue it, instead of an actualy "RP." =p
Myoti

Postby Myoti » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:14 am

Still working on it. ^_^;

*eats flag*
Myoti

Postby chibiphonebooth » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:47 am

This sounds AWSOME ILOVEYOUMIYOTI.

o.o

i wanna do this so badly. :D

im in. :thumb:
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Myoti » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:32 am

Heh, mmkay. I'm still trying to figure out how to get it to work correctly. Suggestions would be nice.

See, there's two ways we can do it:

1) Have everyone controlling their own characters. Problem with it is that we'd still have to draw (and possibly end up controlling) other characters (though mostly moreso if more than one panel is done per pic).

2) Have one big story that everyone contributes to. The problem is that wouldn't exactly be "roleplaying" and it could get out of control. =o
Myoti

Postby Myoti » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:15 pm

Yeah, I think... o_o

I'll try to talk with CR again, then go ahead and get this started and see how it goes.
Myoti

Postby Cuddles da Bear » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:51 am

dragonMask has a good point. On Void each person has their own character but they roleplay other member's characters it's really all about using your creativity and imagination to figure out what the other person's character would do or how they would react in certain situations without putting them out of character. This of course means that you have to be detailed about your own character's personalities, likes; dislikes etc.

But we're all adults here (figuratively speaking, of course) so I'm sure if someone does something out of character with another's character we could tell them without trying to kill off their character in revenge or make them eat garbage in a bunny suit O_o.
Cuddles da Bear

Postby Myoti » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:16 pm

Anything in revenge can be allowed, short of killing I'd say. xD

Okay, I need to:

-speak to CR
-draw up something
-send in an approval PM

then we'll start. o.o/

EDIT:

Our 'story' with this is kinda... not really there, so we'll just kind of go with it and try to take it somewhat interesting. For now, go ahead and write up your bios and stuff (human, furry, tuna sandwich, whatever you wanna be >_> ). Though, you could always just do this in the RP when you introduce your character. Whichever. =p
Myoti

Postby Jack Bond » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:50 pm

Hey, this sounds AWESOME! Umm... are we allowed to draw another character in our comic image?

Do we have to draw on paper or whatever or can we draw on the computer? Is there any example of what I do to start rping?
Jack Bond

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:44 pm

*pops in* I AM SOO SORRY!!!

I like...have college nows and stuffs... I have been really busy!! ^^; but I am still wanting to do this!

However, I do go home on the weekends, and that means... NO COMP...so I can't contribute on the weekends

but I think this will be pretty slow paced anyways...maybe..

hmm Bat boy, we need to come up with a story line....seriously...
ACTION
ADVENTURE
ROMANCE!
INTRIQUE and all that fun shtuffs...
let's pm bat boi
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Myoti » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:45 am

Meh? All that stuff before we start or just as we're going? o.o (I haven't sent in the PM yet).

Hey, this sounds AWESOME! Umm... are we allowed to draw another character in our comic image?

Yes. Just don't... kill them or anything. >_>

Do we have to draw on paper or whatever or can we draw on the computer? Is there any example of what I do to start rping?

Paper or tablet is good (unless you're godly in Paint o_O ).

To start RPing... um, I dunno. Just kinda making this up as we go for now, I think. >_>

EDIT: Romance... let's do that in humorous doses. I don't want this bogged down by 'relationships' like I've seen others do. =|
Myoti

Postby Ranchluva » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:50 pm

Romance... let's do that in humorous doses. I don't want this bogged down by 'relationships' like I've seen others do. =|

*nods head in agreement*
So-daioh! (Thats true)
Ranchluva

Postby chibiphonebooth » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:15 am

soooooooooooooooooooooooo

Myoti, you need to set up a bio sheet to follow. XP
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Myoti » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:52 pm

Check the first post for story and bio stuff (basically just important info and an attached pic).
Myoti

My Girl

Postby Ranchluva » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:12 pm

okay!

Name: Meguru
Fighting Style: Karate?
Personality: Shes sweet and shy.

I have one drawing of her!
it took me awhile because of the wierd veiw so its not my best.
Her whole body is poorly done....
I'll get an editited one on soon ^-^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranchluva

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:52 pm

*deep breath* OKAY! I've been thinking over joining this rp for awhile because it sounds really fun... But I don't know if I'll be good enough at drawing/be able to keep up. SO, I'm going to try and if it gets too hard for me we can kill my character off. Now to think up a VERY easy-to-draw character.... =]
Kawaiikneko

Postby Ranchluva » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:10 pm

Kawaiikneko wrote:*deep breath* OKAY! I've been thinking over joining this rp for awhile because it sounds really fun... But I don't know if I'll be good enough at drawing/be able to keep up. SO, I'm going to try and if it gets too hard for me we can kill my character up. Now to think up a VERY easy-to-draw character.... =]

Oh my gosh....you just took those words right out of my mouth lol
Ranchluva

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:28 am

QUESTION! do we want this to be drawn in a realistic style, or can I do super-cartoonish ie. something like this:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/33485638/
Kawaiikneko

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying