***Code D.Floss***

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby goldenspines » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:12 pm

I'm not. >_> I hate surprises. D:
goldenspines

Postby Peanut » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:31 pm

GM: I guess you could say this update has been :cool: Udder Mayhem. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Ok, now that that's out of my system, I can talk a little about this update. Basically, within this game, there are a number of "Boss" nations I have planned. Some might never be used, others might not depending on your choices. Every single Chaos General and, really, Chaos itself, was planned as a boss nation...for the end of the RP. You see, the war I was secretly having going on with Pacifica wasn't just meant to introduce them to the world, it was also meant to iron out any problems with Chaos as a force and turn them into an end game boss for the ages. You might wonder what chance you had in helping Pacifica with its own Chaos problems. Well, as it turns out, Pacifica is stronger then you guys and probably with some aid from all of you could have beaten Chaos within the high seas. So you should be able to see that I wasn't lying when I said I felt bad about doing this these past two updates. However, Jaden left me with really no choice by the time I got to this week. Septimus had joined the Chaos side a week before and developed what's become Cowthulhu as well as a plan to eventually unveil that country as being in league with Chaos and as a literal boss nation. That was also around the time that Jaden began building a specifically anti-Chaos weapon that Chaos couldn't ignore. It was a great move but it ultimately meant that there were going to be repercussions (which I warned you about in Character Jaden). The declaration of war...well...it was the straw that broke that Camel's back. So now, you all have a Chaos General to deal with along with another one in the skies raining down death and possibly another one appearing soon if people keep making mistakes. With this being said I have some good news. One, Jaden's nation will not be completely destroyed or corrupted (because what fun would that be) and two, while I do feel bad about this, I have to say I've taken a sick pleasure in watching this all happen. Its like having front row seats to a train wreck. Loads of fun!

Anyway, the moral of the story guys is don't poke the bear. Chaos is the bear in this case...and it gets mad when you poke it.

Edit: All right, since its obvious to me that you all will be dealing with this in the upcoming weeks. I should give a few more details at least about the Chaos Generals and Chaos in general. They are, essentially, Titans and are scattered around the map with their own domains. Besides this, they also have a special ability which they can use once per turn. You've seen two of the general's special abilities which are Orbital Bombardment (for Ec'liptix) and Stampede (for Cowthulhu). Beyond this, Chaos has two nation abilities. Fear, which decreases the number of military units being used in that combat round, and Corruption, which can either target military, scientific, or economic leaders as well as convert a region into basically a Chaos producing area. So, Chaos is a pretty touch cookie to deal with (and it should be...as I said, its essentially the final boss). If you want my honest assessment of the situation...I'd just sit around and play the defense game. Chaos has only done stuff when people have provoked them so...yeah...as I said earlier...don't poke the bear. Finally, all of the Chaos Generals besides Cowthulhu have been given a structure for their strategy which has a strength and a weakness. So while I will be controlling them, there shouldn't be as many issues with OOC knowledge getting dragged into IC combat.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby USSRGirl » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:37 pm

The pun, the pun! 8D Oh, it was glorious!

Ahem. Seems I did succumb to gloating a bit. >.>;; I shall now attempt to clarify my post in the main RP. *waves* Hello~ Yes, it is, I, the great and powerful Temulin FKA USSRGirl. I admit, my deception was ruthless and mean, and lead to much debate on whether or not I should grow a beard as most everyone who was not in on my identity seemed to think I was a guy. I suppose the Septimus avatar is rather smexy and manly but I digress...

I assure you, it was all in good fun. :p I've being an inane force of chaos/boss thing suited me and we all need a giant cow to defeat now, don't we? JM made it rather easy for me to plan this. Pascal on the other hand... I shake my head at you, Pascal. He seemed to have decided I was a noob unworthy of his time and did not follow JM into Cowthulhu's farm as I had hoped. Tsk, tsk. Goldy didn't either, but honestly Goldy scares me (it's that weird person thing on her avatar) and she wasn't actually one of my targets. >.>;;

Have fun beating Cowthulhu, kids.
USSRGirl

Postby Dante » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:22 pm

*blinks* *Looks back and forth* *blinks again*.

Well, I must admit being pleasantly surprised Temmy; although yes, I never in my wildest dreams imagined it to be you. I remember the plotting aspect and thought, "hah, if that would have been done IC, that would almost be like Temmy during her epic betrayals", but admittedly with a skill like yours, I would have expected far more expansion!

I guess it does make sense though, I mean, didn't you get in trouble before for dual accounts? ^_^ Not that I want you to get in trouble or anything, that was the best surprise ever! This game is now totally awesome.

You see, the war I was secretly having going on with Pacifica wasn't just meant to introduce them to the world, it was also meant to iron out any problems with Chaos as a force and turn them into an end game boss for the ages. You might wonder what chance you had in helping Pacifica with its own Chaos problems. Well, as it turns out, Pacifica is stronger then you guys and probably with some aid from all of you could have beaten Chaos within the high seas. So you should be able to see that I wasn't lying when I said I felt bad about doing this these past two updates.

You should feel bad about poor ZODEAC, while everyone else viewed Pacifica like they had the plague, I invested in them and even offered to help... They could at least have answered and said "really, you think a tiny force like THAT could fight chaos?".

http://www.christiananime.net/showpost.php?p=1450624&postcount=72

But to be ignored- Triumvir Vivian is sad... T_T
Dante

Postby Peanut » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:41 pm

Pascal (post: 1453528) wrote:You should feel bad about poor ZODEAC, while everyone else viewed Pacifica like they had the plague, I invested in them and even offered to help... They could at least have answered and said "really, you think a tiny force like THAT could fight chaos?".

http://www.christiananime.net/showpost.php?p=1450624&postcount=72

But to be ignored- Triumvir Vivian is sad... T_T

The in character answer is that they are still considering contacting you and are really trying to get a better grasp on everything before they make any other moves. They have been separated from the world for awhile. The real reason is that I've been busy and lazy and haven't gotten around to it. I should and if I don't, then maybe I can work up the will to make Zarn do it whenever he has time and isn't getting shot at in foreign nations.

Peanut

Postby goldenspines » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:17 pm

Septimus (post: 1453514) wrote:The pun, the pun! 8D Oh, it was glorious!

Ahem. Seems I did succumb to gloating a bit. >.>]
Okay, I'm going to be quite serious for a moment. You are USSRGirl? Or are you simply her using another account of a friend's. Because, as fantastic as your plan is, making double accounts is against the rules of the board. I can't let that go unaddressed.

I assure you, it was all in good fun. :p I've being an inane force of chaos/boss thing suited me and we all need a giant cow to defeat now, don't we? JM made it rather easy for me to plan this. Pascal on the other hand... I shake my head at you, Pascal. He seemed to have decided I was a noob unworthy of his time and did not follow JM into Cowthulhu's farm as I had hoped. Tsk, tsk. Goldy didn't either, but honestly Goldy scares me (it's that weird person thing on her avatar) and she wasn't actually one of my targets. >.>;;

Have fun beating Cowthulhu, kids.
Yes, it was a amusing, and yes it was indeed quite interesting. I thought for sure it was making the RP more fun. But, if the answer to my above question is true, I will have to pull out of this RPG and act accordingly. You can PM me an explanation if you would like. Heck, I'll even change my avvie if it would make you feel any better. (I don't really mean to be scary :\). But I have to enforce the rules.
goldenspines

Postby USSRGirl » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:18 am

I just wanna clarify; Peanut was unaware that this was me on this account until I demanded to be made a Chaos. He did not advocate creating another account for the RPG.

Sending PM~ No, need to change him. It just looks like he has a lollipop stick coming out of his ear.

Pascal! Yes, I thought you were onto me for the longest time... and yes, I did get in trouble for dual accounts once before long ago. >.>;; I didn't have really have time to play the RP proper and expand, so chaos was the next best thing.

Aww poor Triumvir Vivian... *pats head*
USSRGirl

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:41 am

I've prepared something special for the next round. It's gonna be a blast!
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby goldenspines » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:47 am

[quote="Septimus (post: 1453594)"]I just wanna clarify] All right, I retract my last sentence in my last post, then.
goldenspines

Postby USSRGirl » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:39 pm

I have eaten Septimus. :3

Just a note; my PM box got a little messed up and I accidentally deleted my recent PMs. So feel free to send them again if you PMed me on either account.
USSRGirl

Postby Dante » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:16 am

So are you going to regain the chaos controlled regions once JM has been pounded into the ground USSRGirl? (and are my investments still valid because this should be the greatest economic boom ever XD). Also, if I acquire more then 50% of chaos' shares, can I perform an economic takeover of chaos? ^_^

Not that I'm a supporter of Chaos, but if they're going to take over JMs country and I have investments, I may as well profit from the expansion (I'm just diversifying in my stock portfolio so that if one market falls and the other rises proportionally, my income remains about the same...). JM was constantly looking for a reason to fry my stocks anyways, so it ironically benefits me more if chaos destroys his nation and they give it to Temmy then if JM owns those territories. I don't want to be greedy, I'm just noting the irony of the situation.
Dante

Postby Peanut » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:40 am

Pascal (post: 1453868) wrote:So are you going to regain the chaos controlled regions once JM has been pounded into the ground USSRGirl? (and are my investments still valid because this should be the greatest economic boom ever XD). Also, if I acquire more then 50% of chaos' shares, can I perform an economic takeover of chaos? ^_^

Sure you can invest in Chaos. Just send us over your wives, children and able bodied men and we'll be glad to turn them into Chaos Nekojin's or lunch for Cowthulhu. In return, Chaos will give your leaders power (at the cost of their own souls of course) and let them serve personally under the Chaos generals.

Oh...wait...you were talking about economic investment...no you can't do that. Chaos has no economy...

Peanut

Postby Dante » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:09 pm

Sure you can invest in Chaos. Just send us over your wives, children and able bodied men and we'll be glad to turn them into Chaos Nekojin's or lunch for Cowthulhu. In return, Chaos will give your leaders power (at the cost of their own souls of course) and let them serve personally under the Chaos generals.

Oh...wait...you were talking about economic investment...no you can't do that. Chaos has no economy...

No silly, I was talking about my investments in the Banker Clan (E.G. Temuoplis 2.0). Although you might be noting that they are chaos and hence cannot be invested in. So I figure that my investments this turn (in the NHRE and in the Banker Clan) instead of Rozenhelm have both turned out to be major losses.

This just shows that my investment strategy isn't made of gold everyone. When I invest in you, you gain profits to expand your market and I hope that it will help inspire further returns. However, after that purchase, should your nation go down in value, I lose money. On the negative side, when the world does badly, I do badly, but on the plus side, it keeps my nation stable so that if I have a bad turn and everyone else has a good turn, then it doesn't hit me in the pocket book quite as much.

Of course, by the next turn, those invested in me will lose some money they could use to help build a stronger economy, so then it will ricochet it's effect around the world till it get's lost in the rounding. (E.G. like a global economy)
Dante

Postby USSRGirl » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:21 pm

Well, technically since the banker clan was just a front for the Chaos' empire, then I'd have to agree with Peanut. But if you'd like to offer the souls of your first born to Cowthulhu, that's another story...

Profiteering off the destruction of your once ally... tsk, tsk.
USSRGirl

Postby Dante » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:26 pm

Profiteering off the destruction of your once ally... tsk, tsk.

Who ever gave you that idea? ZODEAC only signed a Non-Aggression Treaty, not an alliance - not even an MDP. He was a risky financial investment as it was, if he couldn't prove himself worthy of my coin, then how would he validate being worthy of the lives of my nation's citizens? On top of it all, OOC-wise, he violated that NAP by threatening to liquidate my shares. While my nation had no IC-reason to not invest in him, OOC I would have never invested a penny more in him and been darn ticked at how he mocked my investments.

So no, not my once ally, more like my once and still belligerent neighbor that I try to do my best to get along with, while profiting off his gains because I didn't want the money to go to waste and I needed to find a way to gain something in the game while keeping in line with my nations policy of avoiding violence. And while I wouldn't support a chaos nation by most standards, if it meant that I could garner in 40% of their income while the good guys still pulled in 100% of theirs? Well then, for a while I might just do so in order to gather the funds necessary to fight them later. If your enemy is willing to pay you and you're confident you're going to fight later, why turn him down on principle. Principle can come later after you've beaten him over the head with club purchased with his own national mint.
Dante

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:16 pm

So where have you gone with my story ideas and how do they fare now? I mean Pacifica, the Ishtar, etc, etc, if you've used any.
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Postby Dante » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:43 am

Peanut now controls Zarn Ishatare and Pacifica (which consists of most of the ocean), so far though, your character and nation remain an enigma to all XD.
Dante

Postby USSRGirl » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:04 pm

Pascal (post: 1453987) wrote:Who ever gave you that idea? ZODEAC only signed a Non-Aggression Treaty, not an alliance - not even an MDP. He was a risky financial investment as it was, if he couldn't prove himself worthy of my coin, then how would he validate being worthy of the lives of my nation's citizens? On top of it all, OOC-wise, he violated that NAP by threatening to liquidate my shares. While my nation had no IC-reason to not invest in him, OOC I would have never invested a penny more in him and been darn ticked at how he mocked my investments.

So no, not my once ally, more like my once and still belligerent neighbor that I try to do my best to get along with, while profiting off his gains because I didn't want the money to go to waste and I needed to find a way to gain something in the game while keeping in line with my nations policy of avoiding violence. And while I wouldn't support a chaos nation by most standards, if it meant that I could garner in 40% of their income while the good guys still pulled in 100% of theirs? Well then, for a while I might just do so in order to gather the funds necessary to fight them later. If your enemy is willing to pay you and you're confident you're going to fight later, why turn him down on principle. Principle can come later after you've beaten him over the head with club purchased with his own national mint.

I see, I see. Well, then you may be interested to know that Cowthulhu may start accepting donations to his cult. There will be a monetary return of some sort as with normal investments, perhaps in dark and awful powers. I gotta hammer some things out...
USSRGirl

Postby Peanut » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:31 pm

I'm pushing this week's update back because I honestly haven't had the time to finish the last update or the time to think ahead. So...yeah, next week stuff will continue.

Peanut

Postby Dante » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:49 pm

I'm currently waiting on JM and Peanut, things are kind of at a stand still in the RP for a second. In that respect, I suppose I wouldn't mind if these updates occurred once every two weeks, and the stats were just doubled (if it would make your life any easier Peanut).

I'd honestly much rather have more RP from you as a player then chunks of data. The storyline you're providing is the most important aspect of the RP, not the data.
Dante

Postby Jingo Jaden » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:21 am

Pascal (post: 1454978) wrote:I'm currently waiting on JM and Peanut, things are kind of at a stand still in the RP for a second. In that respect, I suppose I wouldn't mind if these updates occurred once every two weeks, and the stats were just doubled (if it would make your life any easier Peanut).

I'd honestly much rather have more RP from you as a player then chunks of data. The storyline you're providing is the most important aspect of the RP, not the data.

Lol, I never got a reply to the tragedy pm. 'checks his pm list'

At either rate, sent you some stuff meanwhile on the IC.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Dante » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:32 pm

Wow. Nice move JM, so you closed my account in Rosy's nation where I just sold my shares losing me nothing but slamming her in the toe, then did the same to yourself (after your shares took a nasty loss already) while you're nation is collapsing militarily so that you collapse economically as well and provide a valid causus belli by an act of economic war - essentially voiding your half of the NAG signed earlier? OOC-wise I can't say I didn't see it coming, but IC-wise you have the worst timing. But hey, I heard anarchy is in these days, have fun shopping for Baptista at Hot Topic :evil:.
Dante

Postby Dante » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:02 pm

That huge monstrosity of a post, 9 in total, is what me and JM have been working on all day. Seriously, we used an entire day to write that. It has to be one of the longest seemingly single posts in NS history, but as you can tell by reading it, half of it was written by me, half by JM. Apologies if the format kind of drives you crazy, JM sometimes switches between "XYZ" says A person, holding his head before saying "BCD", and A: XYZ - but that's hardly much of an issue.

Instead JM, in the future, would you please remember to keep periods, exclamations points and question marks inside of your quotation marks, and don't start the quotation marks with a space, e.g. do this, "Hello there!" and not this, " Hello there"!. The editing is driving me insane O_o.

But yes, some clarifications. That post takes place PRIOR to the events in described in the last update. Chaos hasn't invaded yet, ZODEAC isn't considering war and all is mostly well except for a certain escaping heir who is a corrupted. So I suppose we're having a bit of a blast from the past with it's own set of police drama, CSI: Nations & States! I've called up Goldy from the nation of Ark and it will be interesting to see what happens, will justice prevail? Does JM secretly have some kind of mutated zombie in Fredrick that will unleash a corrupted monster? Who knows, so far the only evidence that anything is up is from his cryptic OOC messages which Vivian never hears.

So if there are any questions, feel free to ask them. Because that was one heck of a long post and even I need to re-read it to understand what in the world is going on.

EDIT: By the way JM, you're really playing the IOM to be rather barbaric - which, outside of being villains in New Era, they really weren't. In many ways I've actually modeled ZODEAC after the way Puritan presented them, which is a well standing and respectable nation with Zarn occasionally declaring war on the undead.

Which brings up another point I mean to ask Peanut. Did the IOM really crush chaos the way JM describes as the last stand for humanity, or was Kaligraphic the one who did that and accidentally nuked humanity in the process (not Kaligraphic the OOC character, but Kaligraphic the eternal space vampire IC) or was it someone else entirely?
Dante

Postby goldenspines » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:58 pm

Holy crap, this has been an interesting few days. First, I think about withdrawing from the RP and next thing I know, the entire peace of the world is left in my leader's paws.

Good grief, I love you guys though. <333

I hope the update is adequate for now. I have more to add to my updating than even this, but I'm addressing the most dire and working my way from there.
goldenspines

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:58 am

On an entirely different note; I've still got a poetry thread that's been updating pretty regularly in Writing; I would appreciate reviews and maybe a simple "Hey, this was good" or "Hey, not so good" from y'all.
We are all as we appear
Zarn Ishtare

Postby Dante » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:36 am

I'm sorry, but I must say this. So much as I know you try very hard to write awesome poetry, nothing you've wrote has ever compared to the glorious prose works you put together in N&S. Alas, it was the zenith of your writing career... (<- Tease) Of course, I'm extremely biased, and the thought of you returning and claiming to be the "real" IOM instead of JM - well that would be too comical for words and probably start a few world wars XD.
Dante

Postby Peanut » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:23 pm

[quote="Zarn Ishtare (post: 1455800)"]On an entirely different note]

I've been meaning to but I've been really, really busy as of late. And Pascal is right, nothing compares to your Of Nations and States related prose in all its retconing glory. I'm not sure you'll ever be able to match it again Zarn. Maybe you should retire from writing.

Peanut

Postby Jingo Jaden » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:45 pm

I apologize that I don't lurk to much around the writing area, nor do I have too much of an ear for poetry. 'I know of a few very good Norwegian ones, but English and Norwegian poetry tend to have quite different values due to the language itself.' Nor have I seen too much of your past writing.

Anyhow, I took a look through some of your more recent poems. You certainly do succeed in grabbing my attention. At times it is serious, other times more random, seems sincere in it's form regardless of what route it takes. In the end, I like a good portion of it Zarn.

On that note, I hope you are doing well in whatever path life has taken you too at this moment.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Peanut » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:03 pm

Just letting everyone know that the update is (finally) done and I should have the next stock market update and the info you guys need by Sunday at the latest. A few notes about this update

1. If you invested in Temmy's nation, I've still gone through with at least your payment for those stocks but I haven't given you guys any economic payment from it like I normally would when you invest in a country. The reason for this is I still don't know what Temmy wants to do with this financially. Technically, investing in her nation now is more like making a donation to a church so you shouldn't get anything back economically like you would when you invest in something. There are no taxes in this game so I can't give you any tax breaks either for your donation. Still, you will be getting something from this, even if it isn't economic and if it is economic, then I'll try and and give you folks a new update with the corrected economic score.

2. For everyone involved in the economic sanctions debacle, you will be getting a pm before I send out the update information to each of you explaining how I've gone about this and why. If you don't like it then you can complain but I'm probably not going to change too much with it since this makes sense.

3. Zarn's silence is deafening...so pester him to join Of Nations :evil: . I kid, instead post in his poetry thread...yes I realize this has nothing to do with this update but I just couldn't help myself...

Next update is due this upcoming Wednesday.

Peanut

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:37 am

Peanut, that posting in my poetry thread includes you.

also, I'm thinking about it, okay?
We are all as we appear
Zarn Ishtare

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying