Révons

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Révons

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:27 pm

THis RP will not be excepting new members at the moment. If you would like to join PM me and I'll see if I can fit you in!^^

In our world there are people who don’t dream when they sleep, but instead awaken in another world; Révons.
Révons is a clam world looking much like this one, only low-tech. The people who can come to this world have started building villages; creating new lives.
The people here see this as a chance to live in peace, but some don’t want that. In this world there are creatures that live in the shadows. Desiring to destroy and kill all. They have started to destroy the lands and people.

In Révons the people have set up a government. Each village has a leader, and the leader has a council that will discuss the issues that they face.
There are police like people who have been set up to take care of the people much like they are here. They are referred as village officers or guardians.
There is also a special force called the Shadow’s Banes that is there just to take care and keep the shadow creatures away. These fighters are more experienced then the Village officers and often work alone.
(If you would like your character to be one of the above then please ask me first.)

People can start coming to the dream world at any age. (it can start when they are 6, 66, 15 whatever) Just once it happens the person will always go there when they sleep.
When they come into Révons they wear the same cloths they were sleeping in. So either the people wear clothes and shoes to bed, or they can get (or make) clothes in that world and change.
No matter where the people are from in this world when they enter the dream world they all speak the same language so they all understand each other.

When the people enter Révons they can stay a normal person or become one of these two things.

Amites– The person will have animal parts. (NO FULL ANIMAL PEOPLE! I want them to look completely human with animal ears or tails or what have you.)

An elementist – A person that can control an element. If you do want your character to be an elementist then I would ask that you give them an element that would mach their personality. (That’s how people in the dream world get these; it comes from their subconscious memory) WHey they ust their abilitys their eye's change color to mach it.

~The bad dudes~ (dun dun dun duuuuuuun!)

The shadow creatures -
Much like the shadows they live in they look like shadows themselves. They can travel from one shadow to the next using them as portals. They can take the shape of any thing they want. (I.E. if they take the shape of say a human they will still look like shadows. (think Anti-Sora from KH, looking exactly like the person, but totally black.)
These creatures seem to be causing problems for some unknown purpose.

There are also some people who are form our world that are bad, and when they go into Révons are bad too. Those people are usually approached not to cause problems and change their ways or are thrown out of the villages. Some of them have banned together makin little ‘gangs’ that live with their own rules.

-RULES- BWAHAHAHAHH!!!!! >:D

First let it be known that if you break the rules or do something in the story I dislike or I see that it does not fit I will call you on it. So be for warned (I have had people drop out of my RP’s after being told that they did something that didn’t fit)

Second! If you continually break the rules, depending on which one you break I will have NO problem kicking you out of the RP and killing off your character. (bwahahahah)

Ok, now the real rules.

If you’re going to join be serious about it. Don't join because it sounds fun and you want to goof off about it.

NO cussing! No “********â€
SorasOathkeeper

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:28 pm

Name: Hei-an Yin
Appearance: She has dark brown eyes and strait long black hair that goes to her thighs. She hardly wears it up. She wears darker colors, (blacks and greys mostly) usually wears black skirts(with shorts under them) or just black shorts.
Elementist: She can control shadows.
Personality: Quiet and withdrawn young Chinese girl. She doesn’t speak up much unless she feels the need or is angered or provoked into doing so. She has a quick temper and often gets mad over small things. She won’t approach people unless she knows them or they approach first. She had a traumatic accident when she was a child and has a terrible fear of the dark even for her age. Because of this fear she hates her dreaming ability to a point of fearing to use it.
How long she’s been in Révons: When the RP starts it will be her first time.

Name: Elizabeth Payton
Appearance: She has wavy pink(dyed) hair that goes mid back. She wears softer colors. Usually wearing long skirts. She will wear pants but loves skirts. She has hazel brown eyes, and has a horse shoe shaped birthmark under her right eye.
Elementist: She can control flowers making them grow.
Personality: A kind and gentle Canadian. She’s soft spoken, but is strong willed. She’s one of the village council leaders because she knows much of this land. She always seems to be in Révons.
How long she’s been in Révons: She’s been coming since she was four.
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Naga Kisaki » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:23 pm

Name: Nerotoge

Appearance:Shoulder-length, wavvy black hair, Two 'horns' like a great horned vipers, A long, black rattle-snake tail, pale skin, brown eyes, a small scar over his left eyebrow. Sharp nails. In his waking life, he has no animal appendiges. He dresses in black jeans and a black vest.

Ability: He knows martial arts

Personality: He's gruff, tempermental, and often to the point. He has a very suspicious nature, and is very self-concious about his emotions. His lack of confidence gives him a reckless abandon when it comes to fighting, as in he'll often risk his life unessissarily. He escapes his difficult life to Révons any time he can.

How long she’s been in Révons: When he was 13, after a particularly unpleasent day, he went to bed and awoke in Re`vons. He's been coming back ever since He lives in New York City, though he was born in Japan

((Hows that? Can I play?))

Oh, You'd better be afraid, Darkalicious bishonen villans! Your mine!
Naga Kisaki

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:59 pm

Naga Kisaki wrote:Name: Nerotoge

Appearance:Shoulder-length, wavvy black hair, Two 'horns' like a great horned vipers, A long, black rattle-snake tail, pale skin, brown eyes, a small scar over his left eyebrow. Sharp nails. In his waking life, he has no animal appendiges. He dresses in black jeans and a black vest.

Ability: He can hypnotize opponents with his eyes, making them pass out or tricking them into thinking he's not. there. However, this never works unless he can get the person to look him in the eye.

Personality: He's gruff, tempermental, and often to the point. He has a very suspicious nature, and is very self-concious about his emotions. His lack of confidence gives him a reckless abandon when it comes to fighting, as in he'll often risk his life unessissarily. He escapes his difficult life to Révons any time he can.

How long she’s been in Révons: When he was 13, after a particularly unpleasent day, he went to bed and awoke in Re`vons. He's been coming back ever since

((Hows that? Can I play?))

OK!^^ He's fine, If I could just ask you to put what part of our world he's from.
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Naga Kisaki » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:05 pm

How's that? :)

Naga Kisaki

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:07 pm

Wonderful! Thank you!^^
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Naga Kisaki » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:10 pm

No, thank you. I can't wait to start playing, at another website I go to, I'm an avid RPGer!

Naga Kisaki

Postby LostChild » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:54 pm

Name: Ryan Reay {rey}
Appearance: 6 ft. 2 in.
Length of residence in Revons: Nine years.
Personality: If any of ya all know Frank Hopkins, basically that’s his personality. He’s calm, collective, very outspoken for the things he passionate about; and will fight for what he believes in.
Ability/ Animite Ryan will either have a fire ability or cat ears and tail. I’m still debating, and will get back to ya ASAP. Woo-hoo!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LostChild

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:19 am

in... so many.. rps.... joining this one too....

Name: Amy Learin in the real world, but when she first came to Revons she introduced herself as Scathe and has gone by that ever since. She’s only told her real name to a few people, and has sworn them to secrecy.
Appearance: Amy is pale and small with silky black hair that falls to about midback. Her eyes are bright blue, but when using her fire element they are a haunting crimson red. After twelve years in Revons she has collect quite the amount of clothes and weapons, so she rarely goes to sleep in her clothes and shoes, but rather opts to sleep in her nightgown and change while in Revons.
Elementist: Amy can control and create fire.
Personality: Amy is a small town girl from America that just wishes to be something greater, and Revons is where she can accomplish that. She’s outgoing enough, and she has strong ideas of what she wants, and she’s a natural leader. Amy also has a fascination for the shadows of Revons, and is known to have a little envy streak towards people capable of controlling them.
How long she’s been in Révons: Ever since she was five. She loves Revons more than the real world and sometimes jokes that she’ll put herself in a coma so she can stay there all the time.
Occupation: Amy is considering becoming a shadows bane, but for the moment is just doing whatever she feels like. She’s more of a wanderer, but since she’s been in Revons for awhile she has connections with people (both good and bad). If she ever did want to get a job she could pull some strings and get it. In real life Amy works at a small restaurant (and hates it).
Kawaiikneko

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:52 am

Kawaiikneko wrote: In real life her eyes are a very dark brown, but when in Revons they are a haunting crimson red.

You character is great Tee! The only thing is eyes don't change color in one world or the next, but you could have her eyes glow red when she uses her fire ability.
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:17 am

Awww I figured if people could change their appearance into animals that reflect their character while in Revons, her eyes could change subconsciously to match her character.
Kawaiikneko

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:11 pm

No, only when they use their abilitys do their eyes change color.
SorasOathkeeper

Postby christianfriend » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:20 pm

oh, gosh..this looks awsome! >.> Im gonna have to come up with a character..must..get..brain juices..flowing!
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:33 pm

ok fixed! she has blue eyes now, and red eyes when using the fire~ *thumbs up*
Kawaiikneko

Postby Felix » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:32 pm

Name: Xerha (pronounced shera) Nanatsu
Height: 5'3"
Weight:114 Lb
Hair: An orangy brown. Goes almost to shoulders.
Eyes: Dark brown
Garb: A sort of dress-skirt outfit with shorts on underneath it. A floppy hat. The outfit is mostly light yellow. See the picture below for an idea, although she doesn't look exactly like that.
Animiteness: A fox-like tail an ears. See picture for an idea.
Where she's from: Australia
Personality: Happy, hyper, somewhat dim (it takes her a while to get it sometimes, if you know what I mean XD)
How long she’s been in Révons: 2 months
History: She is not Japanese, but her parents are. She was adopted bu them when she was 2. They got involved in some bad business while working for a mega-corporation in Tokyo, so they travelled to Australia to lay low for a while. As chance would have it, they began to like it in Australia, and made for themselves a permenant home there. Still, work calls them to travel a lot of the time, so Kerha is often left at home with a housekeeper.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Felix

Postby LostChild » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:39 pm

hehehe... I'm like that! Well... 'dim' wise. :sweat:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LostChild

Postby Danyasaur » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:06 pm

Name: Emily Wake
Appearance: Pale blonde hair, dark bule eyes, 5'7"
Length of residence in Revons: Two years
Personality: Well Mannered, prim and proper. . . at least when everyone's looking, due to the fact she comes from a fairly rich family, and it wouldn't be 'proper' for a young lady to act any other way. Though she endures all of it, and actually enjoys being well mannered and femenine at times, the side of her that dominates her heart is wild and athletic and would love to wallow in the mud that is the outdoors, instead of being stuck inside for piano practice and tea time, allthough that's exadgerating her situation. Her passion is soccer, much to her mother's dismay and bannishment of it, which causes Emily to feel somewhat like a caged bird. (this will probly end up way differant -_- I usually don't put really long personalitys but I can't seem to make myself erase it XD;; )
Abillity: Earth Elementalist

<.< this okay? ^_^
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby Naga Kisaki » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:12 pm

Hehe, Nerotoge's gonna have a hard time with this band of characters. LOL.

Naga Kisaki

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:17 pm

WOOT C-friend! ^o^
Felix, Ducky-chan your both excepted!
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:46 pm

have I ever mentioned how much I LOOOOVE your rooster avatar... thing? Where'd you get it?
Kawaiikneko

Postby christianfriend » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:04 pm

Name: Rane Aisling (Last name pronounced 'Ashleeng'..it means 'dream' or 'vision' in the old irish language)
Appearance:
eyes:pink
hair: Short white hair, hangs about two inches from her shoulders (O.o can't..explain..the style of it..I'll post a pic!)
skin:pasty white
weight:94
Height:5'1
clothes: Wears a black sweatshirt with a cute panda on the front, along with a short black skirt. For foot-wear she usually wears knee-high black socks and black school-girl looking shoes.
Elementist: Can create/control electricity
Personality:Quiet, but very sweet and kind, she can also be very clumsy...and at some points in time she can act rather.. Dark.
how long shes been in R'evons: for about 2 weeks
History: Rane has been living with her alcoholic Father(Alan) her whole life, she always cooks, cleans and does laundry..while also trying to get her father to stop drinking. Rane's mother(Aileen) died giving birth to her and her twin sister, Maeve. Her mother had a weak heart, she knew there was a strong posibility that she would die during the birth, but she went ahead and did it anyway. Maeve was born with a weak heart, just like her mother, she is constantly going to the hospital for check-ups and tests. Rane constantly worries about her sister..she doesn't want to loose anyone else, Maeve is the only friend she realy has, Rane is a Albino, so people think of her as a freak..no one ever talks to her. Rane used to get beat up a lot a school, just because she was an Albino and looked different from other people..but that changed when her father made her study martial arts.
hope this character is ok! ^-^

>.> heres the pic of what her hair looks like (But her hair is pure white)

>>>I HAVE EDITED HER HISTORY!<<<
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby Wind » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:11 pm

Name: Nyrama Hitsu
Nickname: Nyra (called that by close friends and relatives)
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 133 lbs.

Weapon(s) of choice: two katanas which she has stored in Revons for her use

Personality: She is quiet and reserved but loves doing spontaneous things especially surprising friends with gifts and things for absolutely no reason
She is caring and nice but fiercelly protective almost to the point of recklessness of her friends and even people she barely knows
Bio-

IN THE REAL WORLD: She is a martial arts champion and she wishes for more and always is day dreaming of ways to make the world of Revons better for others, She hoping one day that she can assist in defeating the Shadow creatures that plague her beloved world of Revons

IN REVONS: She is a shadows bane and she hopes she can destroy the shadow creatures that plague Revons and She is a great warrior and she hopes that she will one day be able to become a legend and defeat the creatures of shadow

Abilities- She is elementist, she can control and create fire

She has tiger stripe tattoos that she got from a clan in china where they were giving tattoos and she hopes to get more tattoos and things when she gets older

Country of Origin- born in Japan raised in washington state recently moved back to japan
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:27 pm

C-friend your character is excepted!
(I was scared for a moment when you said white hair and pink eyes, then I saw she was Albino and I was like "Ohhhh, ok!" :D)

And Jadefox, besides the stuff I pmed you about your character is excepted.
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Felix » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:07 pm

Name: Kokoro Kyurachi
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 127 Lb
Hair: Black, very very messy.
Eyes: Blue
Complexion: Pale
Garb: A black knitted sweater with a skull and cross-bones stitched into the front of it. It has a high collar. He sometimes wears a black bandanna over his face. Or he'll just wear a black hoodie or something.
Ability: None

Where he's from: Japan
Personality: Tripolar. Hyper sometimes, crabby sometimes, indifferent a lot of times.
How long he’s been in Révons: 3 years
History: He was Xhera's neighbor during the short time that she lived in Japan. They had little to no relationship and don't recognize each other now. He lives in a house close to the rural contry area of Japan with his parents.
Felix

Postby Danyasaur » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:45 am

Kawaiikneko wrote:have I ever mentioned how much I LOOOOVE your rooster avatar... thing? Where'd you get it?

XD it fits me, annnnnnd, I can't remember exactly where I got it, I think it was an Icon Xanga, like icons_crack_me_up or something like that

and I love all ya'll's characters! ^_^
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby girlninja » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:15 am

Name: Kelly Starr
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 135 Lb
Hair: Dark brown, usually up in a bun or pony tail of some sort.
Eyes: Green
Complexion: Normal, not too dark, not too light.

Clothing: Jean and a tank-top of various colors

Ability: In Revon, she is part wolf, a wolf tail and ears. Although she is new to Revon, she wishes to become a shadow bane.

Where from: Florida

Personality: Quiet until you get to know her. She can be dramatic and likes to try and help people. She can get depressed sometimes but tries real hard to be strong.

How long she’s been in Révons: 1 week

History: She doesn't have a lot of friends but does take martial arts. She's been doing so for six years and dreams of becoming one of the best. She knows various weapons such as a bo staff and kama's. Her own life is pretty uneventful which is why she started going to Revon, for excitement. She has a fiancee who does not know of Revon as of yet, so he is in the dark until he one day discovers it.

*This ok?* ^^
"If not now then when? If not me then who?-anonymous

and of course now i must instill the Dancing BANANA'S!
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

WHY AM I CRYING IN FRENCH-Vash the Stampede

ORORORORORO!-Himura Kenshin

:jump: :lol: :thumb:

"It is not weak to value human life!"-Raiden, Mortal Combat II

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

*ADOPTED BY* ..yea i know scary I got a adopted ~_^

Nami
girlninja

Postby Emanku » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:18 am

Name: David Gyles

Residence: Born in Canada. Lived in the Western United States since age 9.

Appearance: David is 6'2" tall, most of which is his long, gangly legs. His piercing blue eyes are emphasized by the absence of hair on his head or face. He'll always choose to wear clothes from Révons because, starting from my first post, he'll always appear in a straitjacket.

Animite: The top of David's head is adorned by the same pattern of feathers found on Umbrella Cockatoos. He has small bird claws on his hands that are good for climbing trees.

Personality & History: When he was about 5 years old, David had a horrifying encounter with a lion-shaped shadow creature that resulted in him being afraid to sleep and return to Révons. His insomnia slowly caused his personality to become unstable and landed him in a mental institution two years ago (One with a shaved-head policy becuase many of their residents would yank out their hair; even their eyebrows). Recently, it was determined that David was a danger to himself and the other asylum residents. He was put into solitary confinement, forced into a straightjacket, and heavily sedated. The heavy sedation keeps him unconscious almost constantly, meaning he's going to be spending a lot of time in Révons. In Révons, David's personality is not unstable, and the more time he spends here, the more it stabilizes his personality in the normal world.
I will not waver, doubt or falter for all truth in this world has been written into the book here at my side.
Emanku

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:00 pm

AWESOME! I love both your characters! Your both excepted!^^
Just Emanku I'd rather David’s arms and legs be human. He can have bird like claws if you want.

Ok I'm going to close this RP now, I don't want too many people or else it starts to get out of hand for me. But this means that I will be PMing a mod in a bit!^^ (Just as soon as i write up how I want it to start)

Another thing I wanted to tell you guys about is in Révons when the people first arrive, since they know nothing about this world and don't have a home in it; they are given a room to stay in. (Each village is different how they handle this, but for the village this is going to take place in right now this is how it will go)
The house is a large house with two sides. The left side is where the men and boys stay and the right side is where the girls and women stay. In the middle section is where the dining hall is (and is also where the town meeting take place) The people will usually stay there for a year depending on, how old they are. They let young children stay there until they grow old enough to take care of themselves. And If they can actually handle a house of their own.
So that means that Hei-an, Xerha, Rane, and Kelly will all be at this house.
The rooms usually hold two people a bed on each side. So if you want you can see if another RPer would want to be your room mate^^

Also this village does not use money. Instead everyone works together and shares. (So if people went out to get food and stuff they would grab extras for their neighbors)
SorasOathkeeper

Postby LostChild » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:27 pm

Emanku wrote:David is 6'2" tall.

And he's 14!?! Whoa! Give him a few more years and he'll be like, huge! I love it! We'll stabalize 'im, no worries. :sweat:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LostChild

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:35 pm

LostChild wrote:And he's 14!?! Whoa! Give him a few more years and he'll be like, huge! I love it! We'll stabalize 'im, no worries. :sweat:

Well my bro just turned 14 and he's almost 6' or might already be...I don't know...<.<; But he's still growing...so, yeah...
SorasOathkeeper

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying