Infinite Powers

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: Infinite Powers

Postby FreddyCast » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:23 pm

Priestess Elian

Elian: I’m not sure if we should bother them right now, but we should follow them instead. I mean we shouldn’t leave our teammates behind. (They both follow Sage and Saint from a distance)

Sage Blaze and Saint Reave

(Sage senses that the girls are following him from a distance)
Sage: Why are they following me for? No matter, my brother is all I care about. What’s the matter with him. (Sage sees Saint up a hill standing there and watching a view of the wastelands of the Wilderness.)
Sage: Reave, what’s the matter? Why’d you leave like that for? (Saint doesn’t turn around to see his brother, not wanting to see his face as it reminds him of Sage and Elian together that one night)
Saint: I don’t want to talk about it.
Sage: What? What don’t you want to talk about?
Saint: I just don’t want to see you right now?
Sage: Brother, you’re not making any sense.
Saint: I said leave me alone.
Sage: Reave, just tell me what’s going on. We can work through this. (Saint’s rage gets the better of him and takes out the Durendal sword, tackles Sage to the ground and puts the sword to his neck)
Saint: I wish this was the real world, so I could really have your life in my hands. (Saint’s eyes turn cold and vengeful)
Sage: Reave...Trent...this isn’t like you. What did I do, brother? (He sees from the corner of his eyes the girls hiding behind some rocks, which makes Saint back off a bit, taking the sword away from Sage’s neck. He lends a hand to Sage and Sage grabs his hand and lifts himself up. Saint then returns to viewing the wastelands)
Sage: If I did something wrong, Trent, please tell me. I promise I’ll make it up to you.
Saint: You can’t. *sigh* (He turns to look at Sage) Elian.
Sage: The Priestess? What about her?
Saint: She’s Eilis.
Sage: Eilis? Brother, I already told you, it was a misunderstanding.
Saint: I KNOW WHAT I SAW. And it was no misunderstanding. (Saint turns and walks past Sage, forcefully bumping into Sage’s shoulder)
Sage: Where are you going now?
Saint: I’m going back to meet Kiari and Elian.
Sage: Brother, what’s done is done. Everything is in the past. Don’t bring Elian into this. She doesn’t even know who we are.
Saint: I know, I won’t say a word, let’s go, they’re watching us.

Maximius

Maximius: It’s not Kiari that worries me. It’s the two men that are with them.
(They arrive inside a huge chamber filled with flags and symbols of the IFF. Surrounding them are pedestals.)
Maximius: I’ve already messaged the leaders. They will be coming in shortly and teleport behind those pedestals to evaluate your “heroism” and grant you a place of honor among them as well as a few legions under your command. But it won’t be enough to set you where we need you. For now, let us wait.
(Soon enough the leaders of IFF teleport in behind the pedestals and approach the pedestals)
ImageHebrews 13:2 Do not forget/neglect to entertain (show hospitality to) strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
My Manga Story "The Fallen Rise"
GOD'S CREATION, THE FALL OF LUCIFER, & THE RISE OF THE MESSIAH Enter my Channel if you dare
ROMAN CATHOLIC MARIOLATRY Series
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Location: Under Kris-tina's bed or hiding in Wolfsong's tree (you can't find me)

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:46 pm

/Zara/Kiari/
She agreed with Ellian and followed quietly behind. Something in Saint's face...it reminded her of the look in her mother's face, when she learned about dad....her hands clenched into fists. She found herself wondering if Saint had lost someone he loved. She actually felt kinda sorry for him...No! He was as stupid as his brother! She didn't care! She just needed to hang out with them until she could get out of the stupid Wilderness!
Her eyes were pretty wide, seeing Saint put a sword to Sage's neck. Wow. She wondered what that was about. As the brothers started coming toward them, she remembered something and flew to her pm box.
Hello once again, Maximius. Just fyi, I'm probably not going to be on hand for any more IFF meetings. At present, am stuck in the Wilderness, and am lost. Don't you dare mock me over it either, you and I both know this place was never mapped. Whatever. I got stuck with a couple of misfits, and our priestess Ellian...which isn't so bad, but maybe you know Saint and Sage? If so, then you understand my dilema. I'm going to be absent a while, please let the others know. Also, I have the Dragon Ruby. ~ Kiari
That done, she watched Saint and Sage come back. She stood there silently, awkwardly, not sure of what to do.

/Pierce/Arachni/
Arachni nodded, and waited patiently. As the leaders appeared, he slowly stared into their faces, one by one, evaluating character and strength.

/Rowan/Caesar/
He shrugged. "I dunno. Our camp locations in Tiera are even more scarce then over at Nescala." After a moment, he said, "Well, maybe we'll get lucky."

/Stephen/Arachni/
He smiled faintly. "Yes, I understand what you mean. I too am somewhat shaken after watching that." he glanced up again. The two men had gone. He wondered where.

OOC- here, Koneko, I'll play Cyrano until...whenver I guess.

Cyrano came back inside, looking somewhat annoyed. Then he saw Arystar and walked over.
"So," he said slowly. "Did you find anything?"
Wolfsong

Postby Banana Lobster » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:44 pm

OOC: Sorry guys, totally my fault, I got distracted. I'll hurry up and make my post now. :sweat: (Oi, it's a bit longer then I was intending, and with quite a bit more action in it then I expected! :XD:)

IC:

Sage Shade

Shade let out an imperceptible sigh of relief as she saw the wind catch the sail. She had intended for them to hold onto one end, but as they were obviously not used to ships, she couldn't really find fault with them for their mistake.

Reaching out, she used her magic to grab the sail, sliding one end under the raging waves. Pulling out the water from within the ship, she started to cover the hole with the sail, releasing her knives, which firmly embedded themselves in two corners of the sail and the ship's hull deep under the waves. The water removed from within the hull, she used her magic and two more knives she grabbed from sailor's belt-sheaths to hold the top of the sail in place.

It was only a temporary fix, but it would ensure the boat would stay afloat for at least a day after coming into harbor, by when they would have already maneuvered it into place in one of the shipyards, ready to be repaired by the workmen's skilled hands.

The boat taken care of, there were still a few sea monsters left, which had managed to get onboard, and were currently waging war on the ship's deck. She sent a wave surging over the railing to smash a particularly large monster into the decking beneath his tentacles as she launched herself into the air. She thudded down in the middle of the ship, and killed the monster with a single swing of her scythe. Three more monsters were dealt with in the same way in quick succession, until there was only one left, the others killed by the crewmembers and passengers.

She picked it up with ease, water wrapping tightly around its middle, holding it up above the crowd, to make for an easier kill. She had no wish to harm anyone else on the ship, after all. The monster surprised her by snarling;

"You will pay for this! The master is coming, and all who will not bow before him will be killed!"

Stopping for a moment, she thought her reply through carefully, something she was not usually prone to doing. Finally, she said, "Master of what, or who? You forget, demon, that I control these waters, I am in charge here. Anyone who wishes to harm the people residing in the harbor town must answer to me."

Lowering the monster to the deck, she continued. "You forget, I am the one who allowed your kind to remain here, I am the one who told the people that you were here for more then to just be slaughtered by more experienced players. Swim quickly and tell this 'Master' that the people here are under my protection, and remind him that I am not someone to be taken lightly."

With that, she threw him high into the sky, watching him hit the waves, several hundred feet away from the ship. Once she was sure he was gone, she turned to her audience. "What are you all standing around for? The storm still rages, and your hull is still breached! Into the harbor, and quickly, before your beloved ship sinks beneath the waves!"
Banana Lobster

Postby FreddyCast » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:36 pm

Sage Blaze, Saint Reave, and Priestess Elian

(Sage and Saint approach the girls, Elian and Kiari, who now come out of hiding)
Saint: I’m sorry you had to see this, you two. My brother and I had to, uh...work out a few things. And I’m sorry I ran away the way I did.
Elian: Can we be of any help to you both. (Elian say this while looking at Saint, which makes Saint look to one side, trying to avoid eye contact with Elian)
Saint: No, there’s no need.
Sage: I won’t even ask why you two followed us. It’s pretty obvious why, but there’s no need to concern yourselves about it. More importantly, what should we do now? We defeated our enemies and won our prizes.
Elian: Yes, our mission was a success. Come, I’ll take you to a nearby town where we can decide what to do next.
(Everyone follows Elian, but along the way, Saint separates himself from Sage and Elian and follows them from behind with Kiari near him. Elian slows down to come to Sage’s side, curious as to why Saint is keeping his distance)
Elian: Sage, I know that you and your brother are not on good terms yet, but why is he avoiding me as well? He won’t even look at me, and when I do catch him looking at me, he averts his eyes.)
Sage: I already said, it’s nothing for you to worry about. (He takes a glance back to see Saint looking at him with an intense and wrathful gaze as Saint’s hands clench up.) Let’s just get to this town, ok. Then we can go our separate ways. Just, please, let’s not talk anymore.
Elian: O..kay... (she says this weakly as Sage stops speaking to her and doesn’t dare to look at her)
ImageHebrews 13:2 Do not forget/neglect to entertain (show hospitality to) strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
GOD'S CREATION, THE FALL OF LUCIFER, & THE RISE OF THE MESSIAH Enter my Channel if you dare
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Location: Under Kris-tina's bed or hiding in Wolfsong's tree (you can't find me)

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:56 pm

/Karissa/Kenji/
"Well, I'm up for anything. Partnering with you is the best idea I've had in a long time. And that's saying a lot! I have tons of great ideas!"

/Eric/Zare/
"So why exactly are you here? Did you have any idea that was going to happen?" Suddenly, Zare was very curious about how much Ash might have been involved, and what he was planning to do next.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:29 pm

/Rowan/Casesar/
After considering his position, Caesar finally decided he did not want to rejoin another slaver's camp, at least for a while. He'd need to learn where one was before he could rejoin it anyway. THen there was...Cyrano's proposition. He did not want to do it. IT was asking for trouble, pain, and perhaps even death. Of course he couldn't do such a thing, not for...no, it just wasn't worth it!
Sighing, he sent a pm to Cyrano. Alright, I'll do it, but you'll need to throw in something extra good. A pardon for past wrongs isn't going to make the cut.
He straightened otu his horse, which has begun to turn, and kept moving as he listened to Kenji's chatter. "Really?" he asked, smiling. "That sounds both interesting and scary all at once."
Then he received the message from the menu that he had a pm. He opened it with trembling fingers, metaphorically speaking.
Guildmaster, I will throw in 3,000,000 gold if you would.
At that he raised an eyebrow. He really wanted this information. 3,000,000 gold...that wasn't something to sneeze at. Then again, neither was the job.
Fine, you've got a bargain. But if I get in trouble for this, you're so dead. P.S. Don't reply.
He turned his horse left then. "On second thought, I have an idea. Lets go to the capital." After a moment, grinning, he added, "This is your homecountry, right? You should know you way around then."

/Zara/Kiari/
Kiari walked awkwardly beside Saint for a while, not saying anything. He was still glaring at Sage, and she found herself feeling amazingly selfconscious. Unusual for her. Blazes and burns...she hadn't felt right ever since her dad left.
Finally, she couldn't bear it anymore and tried for a conversation.
"Kinda nice, how everything turned out," she said, trying to get away from the source of conflict. She didn't want any accidental confessions from anybody, herself included. In her present state, she had no clue what she'd do. "Bosses defeated, items won, Ruby found...yeah, I guess it all worked out." She looked directly at him. "Where do you think you'll go from here?"

/Carter/Valerian/
Eventually, the storm subsided, and they pulled onto a sheltered cove on the new continent. Valerian, however, sought out Sage before stepping out.
"The captain, I hear, was thrown overboard during the chaos," he explained. "So I'll pay you. How much?"
Wolfsong

Postby FreddyCast » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:02 pm

Maximius

(The Leaders appear in view as they stand next to their respective pedestals)

The First, Rastagan Graybeard, a gray haired, old wizard with a long gray beard. He’s extremely wrinkled and pale faced with the blackest eyes one has ever seen. He wears long, wrinkled gray robes and sandals and is 4'9, though as stooped as he is, no one knows exactly how tall he really is. Though quiet and unassertive, it is said that when he speaks with power he is able to silence a raging volcano. He’s quite literally the oldest of players and one of the most knowledgeable in Infinite Powers.

The Second, Anima Swan, a beautiful innocent-looking woman with long silvery white hair decorated with white flowers. A 2 ½ year veteran p[layer, she’s the gentlest of souls in IFF, but she’s irresponsible at times and sometimes easily given to sudden whims.

The Third, Andonov Lance, a shadow being with long black hair and a red headband. He’s clothed in black militaristic suit cloaked in a red cape. A silent and elusive man who’s secretive yet maintains a forceful presence that many fear. His background is unknown and mysterious.

The Fourth, Nathanial Nay’dwen, a blue-haired pretty boy human who’s a famous enterprising treasurehunter. A 3 year veteran player, he tends to have a short-temper, but has a good heart and is an animal lover.

The Fifth, Michaelis Wolfthorn, a long purple-haired spirit being clothed in a long black coat and gems embedded in his arms. He’s the type that everyone hates, with his mockingly cynical and sarcastic attitude, though at times he does shine enough to where people hate him less.

The Sixth, Mira Firesoul, a light purple-haired Ice woman clothed in a small skirt and long sleeved white shirt. A 5 year player, She’s warm-hearted, caring, and filled with so much energy. She’s the hyper-active fanatic who views Infinite Powers almost as reality to a very frightening degree.

The Seventh, Ryfia Turner, a half-shadow, half sunspirit woman with dark violet hair, darker tanned skin, blue yes. She wears a white dress that goes down to her ankles, while the sleeves end at her elbow, and blue sandels with amethyst studs. A recent player, having been in IP for ¾ of a year, she’s kindhearted and sweet, yet naive and shy at times. Always the one seeking a non-violent solution to anything.

Rastagan Greybeard: We’re here to discuss your actions Maximius.
Maximius: My actions?
Anima: Yes, your actions. You have caused trouble for us.
Nathanial: Because of you, IFF is now in danger of being attacked by the other factions.
Maximius: What for? For defending our lands from an encroaching conflict.
Mira: The land which you’re referring to is disputed territory between Nescala and Tiera.
Maximius: Not anymore, that land belongs to the IFF.
Nathanial: YOU FOOL! BECAUSE OF YOU, THE NESCALANS AND TIERANS ARE MOBILIZING THEIR FORCES AS WE SPEAK.
Rastagan: Please, calm down Nathanial. Maximius, what do you have to say for yourself.
Maximius: Before that valley was disputed territory, it was IFF territory. Yet it’s because of the leadership’s cowardice that IFF has slowly been giving away lands in order to appease this ridiculous conflict between Nescala and Tiera. IFF is supposed to be a safe haven from this war, but how can we maintain this empire if you all constantly bend your knees to their demands.
Anima: The reason why IFF has survived this long is because we have stayed neutral in this war. And the Nescalans and Tierans have respected that agreement.
Nathanial: AND NOW OUR NEUTRALITY HAS BEEN THREATENED BY YOU AND YOUR COMPANION.
Mira: We cannot let this pass.
Maximius: And tell me, what do you plan to do then? Exile me and appease the crocodiles snapping their mouths at you?
Nathanial: How about we feed you to the crocodiles, you snake.
Rastagan: Enough, Nathanial.
Maximius: Look, the territory that this man (points to Arachni) single handedly defended has some hills containing Vandium, the strongest metal resource in Infinite. If we collect this resource and allow our blacksmiths to use them, we can create weapons that are far superior than anything Nescala and Tiera has to offer.
MIra: We’re not here to make our position worse by becoming militaristic.
Ryfia: That’s right! There must be another way to handle this than war and conflict.
Maximius: You have no choice, you said it yourselves, the Nescalans and Tierans are knocking at our gates.
Nathanial: And who’s fault was that? YOU!
Maximius: We would have been drawn into this conflict eventually. I am merely doing what is best for IFF. And I know how to end this conflict.
Rastagan: What do you suggest?
Maximius: Recognize Arachni as a “hero” and give him command of our legions. His presence in the battlefield will make the Nescalans and Tierans lose heart in battle. We will drive them back to their lands and regain our dignity.
Nathanial: And then what? This won’t end the conflict. They’ll only come at us again.
Maximius: I assure you. Once you see Arachni in the field, no one will dare oppose us again.
Ryfia: But he’s just a newcomer, how are we to trust a newcomer we know nothing about?
Maximius: You’re one to talk. I wonder! How did you gain your position again, Ryfia?
Ryfia: Tch!
Maximius: Believe me, Arachni can be trusted. He's the most talented and skilled person I've ever met. And he is loyal to the cause.
Rastagan: What do you say Andonov and Michaelis?
Andonov: If Maximius believes he can end this conflict, let him try. I’ve grown tired of this conflict. The Nescalans and Tierans won’t listen to reason and won’t respect our borders. We must stand up for ourselves.
Maximius: Thank you, Andonov.
Rastagan: And you Michaelis?
Michaelis: I say we give Maximius’s proposal a chance. We’ve been at the Nescalans' and Tierans' whims for too long. This must end now.
Maximius: I knew I could count on your support, Michaelis.
Amica: We cannot be so quick to enter this war. If we do so, we might jeopardize everything we stand for.
Nathanial: Are we seriously going to trust this man. We know his past actions have brought us nothing but trouble.
Mira: This is our opportunity to free ourselves of the shackles of this war. We can win this. We can make all of Infinite Powers a safe and fun place to be in without factions, without rivalries and old hatreds.
Ryfia: If we go through with this, we'll be pitting friends against friends. It will divide us more than we are now. There just has to be another way.
Rastagan: It's clear we've all made up our minds. What do you say my brothers and sisters? Shall we vote?
Rastagan: Yay
Amica: Nay
Andonov: Yay
Nathanial: Nay
Michaelis: Yay
Mira: Yay
Ryfia: Nay
Maximius: You know what my vote is. Yay
Amica: Still we are missing one member here. There must be 6 Yays in order for your proposal to pass.
Maximius: I was informed that Kiari could not make it. But we cannot wait for her return. The present situation demands a quick response. You have nothing more to appease the aggressors with. You have no other alternative. You have only my proposal.
Rastagan: Then your proposal carries. We will recognize Arachni for his heroism and grant him full authority over 3 of our armies. Carmel, Castian, and Virgo.
Michaelis: Congratulations, Commander Arachni.
Nathanial: He is your responsibility Maximius, should you fail, you and your companion will be more than exiled.
Maximius: Understood. Thank you all for your wise decision. (Maximius bows, hiding an evil grin. All the leaders leave the chamber)

(The gang is still heading towards a nearby town)
(Saint realizes that he’s making Kiari uncomfortable and uneasy)
Saint: I’m sorry, Kiari. I didn’t mean to make you feel so awkward. I know I should have considered you as well. You were separated from your friend, Hawke, and even though you decided to come with us, I can’t help but feel that this was me and my brother’s fault. You don’t have to force yourself to talk with me just because I’m a little upset with my brother. Just know that I enjoyed your company. And I’m sure my brother does too. And if you want, you can come with us. I don’t know where my brother and I will go to next, but I’m sure it’ll be fun. (Saint smiles at Kiari, trying to make her feel more at ease)
(Sage looks back and sees Saint and Kiari chatting with each other)
Sage: Now, what are those two chatting about? (Elian notices Sage talking to himself)
Elian: Hmm...did you say something Sage?
Sage: Uh...nothing.
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:41 pm

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
Ash turned slowly, facing Zare directly. Should he or shouldn't he? he had no clue how trustworthy Zare would turn out to be. What if he reported this meeting? nescala had been really angry at him ever since he had literally blown down his troops...when Ash was supposed to protect them. That was the first time he had defected to Tiera. He'd spent some time there, then switched again. Then he had gotten tired of the mess and went his own way. Both Nescala and Tiera were furious, and he'd heard rumors of there being a pirce on his head somewhere. While he doubted he was in much danger from a single werecat, a full squard could be troublesome, and his old allies both had a good idea of what his strengths were, and maybe even his weakness. He neded to be cautious. But then again, what would the real harm be, in giving this cat something?...being a betrayer of some reknown was a dark and lonely path, filled with distrust and uncertainty. maybe he shouldn't have turned on so many of his people. They disappeared so quickly...he wouldn't have admitted it for the world, but Ash was lonely.
"I'm looking for the IFF," he explained. "As you probabyl know, I've a good amount of knowledge about both Tiera and Nescala, including some of the more interesting behind-the-scenes info. however, I know very little about backstage Independant Flight Force, and I've not met any who know more. So I am going to find out firsthand what goes on." After a moment, his bitter side came through and he said acidly, "Well, forgive me, I'm sure you have somewhere to report this battle and this meeting to. I'm sure your Nescala will be pleased to hear about me." and he turned away.
Why had he abandoned his friensd again? Oh yeah, he'd become bored. He thought switching sides would be funny. Stupid...

/Pierce/Arachni/
Throughout the entire meeting, Arachni remained calm and controled. He recognized quickly that it would likely be more damaging for him if he spoke than if he remained silent. In his silence, he would show self-control and discipline, points in his favor. Still, he remained rather tense until the vote was passed in Maximius' favor. Then he allowed himself to smile.
As the leaders left, one by one, several threw glances his way. Some were nice, some were not, depending on who gave the look. What a mix. However, he was surprised when Michaelis approached him.
"Well, you've certainly begun on a high note. You gotta death wish, kid?:
Arachni grinned. "Sometimes, to make strong enough ripples, yo have to make a pretty big splash to alter the water's surface."
Michaelis started laughing. "Optimism, yes! And lots of it. I shall enjoy tearing you down."
Arachni raised an eyebrow. "Your new toy, you mean to say?"
"Of course. Do I have any reason to have any other interest in you?"
Arachni performed a small bow. "I am at your service. However, I had faith in myself."
Michaelis, grinning, rolled his eyes expressively. "Do you play chess, Arachni?" When Arachni nodded, Michaelis' grin widened. "Good. I myself am an old hand. once you're settled, come see me sometime." He followed the others out after nodding at Maximius, apparently as way of saying goodbye.
Once they were gone, Arachni came to stand close to Maximius. "One more question, before I "get settled". Do you intend me to rely solely on your 'glitch' or may I go out and do some level-grinding?"

/Zara/Kiari/
"Oh no, its not your fault I got separated from Hawke, its nothing..." She stared down at her feet. Why was she feeling so dang uncomfortabel?! She hadn't been herself since Dad left...great, get offa that topic before she got weepy...
Too late. She could see some dampness. Fiercely she blinked it away and answered his last statement. "I've no where better to go presently, so sure," she replied, making an effort to smile. "If it really is no trouble, I think I might enjoy it."
She did wonder though, what was going on back at IFF? She had this strange feeling that something was up...she didn't usually have this feeling. She hoped it was nothing bad...
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:17 pm

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji shifted uncomfortably for about a half a second, then laughed. Why had he suddenly gotten uncomfortable? That was incredibly out of character...
"Haha! Of course I know Tiera. The most noble country in Infinite. However, given my devout loyalty to my country, I can't just go flaunting all my knowledge and reveal Tiera's hidden secrets to you! If you want to know how to get somewhere, you'll have to figure it out on your own. I must maintain my honor and defend my country!"

/Eric/Zare/
Zare got mad and attacked Ash. Zare listened to Ash with half his attention. Of course, he was registering everything Ash was saying, but while he was listening, he was studying Ash, and trying to read him. What exactly did this guy want? He was entirely unreadable, and that generally irked Zare. Figuring out someone's personality was usually how Zare decided how to deal with them. But he couldn't figure Ash out at all. Between the rumors about him, and his current attitude, Zare couldn't figure out his personal agenda at all.
But then...that last sarcastic comment. Zare smiled slightly. Ah, so he was that kind of person. Of course, by no means did Zare completely understand Ash yet, but he had a bit of an idea now.
Zare crossed his arms and laughed. "Right, I'll be sure to go and report you, as soon as I finish reporting that I was late for an important battle and stood by as my squadron was wiped out. 'Yeah, sorry about that guys, but I was busy detaining the Dark Angel while you guys were all fighting to the death. Couldn't be helped.' Yeah, sorry, but my credibility isn't exactly going to be...credible at the moment, not with how mad they must be at me. I'm sure my group is looking for me right now so they can fire me." Zare laughed again. And he'd worked so hard for this position. Ah, well.
"But anyway, I honestly have no intention of "reporting" you. I don't have anything against you personally, no orders to capture you or discover your whereabouts, and honestly, if someone has something against you, it's their problem, and they need to deal with it. Just because I side with Nescala doesn't mean I'm subject to their every whim and bound to pursue all their deep dark vengeances. Really, you're being melodramatic.
Sorry, I don't know anything about the IFF. My affiliation has always been Nescala, and as a neutral party, I really have no reason to know anything about them. Wish I could help you." Actually, that wasn't entirely true. He'd recently made a friend of a member of the IFF, but he wasn't about to mention anything about her to this guy.
Then Zare had an idea. Wow, he was really switching out of his loner mode lately.
"Hey, you used to be Nescalan, right? I imagine in that time, with all your skill, you must've helped Nescala to some extent, am I right? So that makes us allies of sorts." Zare said this knowing full well that Ash had downright betrayed Nescala, but ignored that minor detail. "I've nothing better to do, so I'd be glad to tag along and try to help you gather some of this info; as useless as a simple werecat may be to your grand scheme. If you're willing to have me along, and I do manage to be a help to you, in exchange, you can share some of this "behind-the-scenes" info on Tiera. I'm sure Nescala could use information like that."
Zare was here, talking to a walking database; he wasn't about to walk away without getting something. And this way, they both won. As Zare stood there confidently, arms still crossed, he looked at Ash expectantly, waiting for a response.
ClaecElric4God

Postby FreddyCast » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:41 pm

(The gang is still walking towards their destination)
(Saint suddenly feels a watery drop on his hand. He wonders where it came from and then sees Kiari’s face as she tells him that she will stick around. Instantly he notices that Kiari’s eyes are watery and that she’s struggling to smile. “Was she crying?” he thought. “It looks like she’s in deep thought, but...Great, I just made a girl cry. What should I do? Think, Think! I Got It!)
Saint: Say, uh, E...Elian...where’s this town you were talking about? (Sage raises an eyebrow and is a bit surprised that Saint got the courage to speak to Elian after finding out who she really is.)
Elian: oh, It’s south of here. I know it’s almost sunset, but don’t worry, we’re almost there.
Saint: Good...(He equips on the Wings of the Fallen)...Kiari, wanna fly with me? If so, then put your arms around my shoulders. (Kiari looks at him, surprised at his offer) Trust me, you’ll be safe, I won’t let go of you.
Sage says in his mind: What in the heck is my brother doing?

Maximius

Maximius: Arachni, we’re here to move quickly with our plans. There is no time for you to waste on level-grinding. The “glitch” is the fastest way to level you up. Now come, it is getting dark, tomorrow we will face the Nescalans and Tierans encroaching on our borders, in the valley of Megiddus. And after that, we will rid ourselves of these pathetic and weak leaders of IFF...one...by...one...starting with Michaelis.
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Postby Oddood198 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:04 pm

Upon leaving the boat, Aeon wasted no time. Immediately after stepping off the gangplank, he set off at a brisk walking pace out of the port city they had docked in. He did notice that the captain had gotten tossed overboard in the battle, but Aeon had already paid for the voyage before they left, and thusly had no further obligation. Really, he should have received compensation from the crew for all the trouble that ensued, but he didn't have the time to pursue that end.

Aeon's route took him out of the city shortly, and before long he was in the field, or wilderness, or whatever it was. He didn't really care. His destination was a city in this area, somewhere, but he hadn't been to it and thus could not teleport there through any means he had available.

It was a long, fairly uneventful walk. Aeon wasn't keeping track of the time, but it was quite a while, when he checked his map he had come a rather long distance. He was attacked a dozen or two times by monsters, and once by a group of PKers, but he managed to take them all out with no trouble or delay.
Now, he was at a city named Keilon, small compared to others, but it had high walls all around it, and it was far from any other civilization. Aeon walked through the open gate in the wall, and proceeded down the street.
After a few more minutes of walking, Aeon found the Tree of Melodies, a large tree with blue leaves in the center of the town. True to its name, the tree produced a gentle, soothing melody when its leaves rubbed together. A handful of people were gathered in the area, talking, and it didn't take long for Aeon to spot the person he was looking for.
He walked toward the player, who had their back turned, and didn't see him. He came closer until there was only a yards distance between them before he spoke, calling out the players name.
"Rieia."
At the sound of her name, the player in front of him jumped, whirling around to face him. Aeon couldn't see her figure or features, or even her equipment, under the dark cloak she wore, but she was at least a foot shorter than him, and her head kept turning from side to side, like she was looking out all around them.
"Aeon, you're here. Good. I've been waiting a while. I was almost worried you didn't get my message." She said. Her voice was nervous, fearful, like a child being questioned about something secret they did wrong.
"An unfounded fear. Haven't I told you not to dress so conspicuously?" Aeon replied, low and emotionless.
"Well... Someone may have recognized me. That doesn't matter, does it? I found something out for you." Rieia said.
"So you said." Aeon sat down with his back to the tree, and Rieia sat beside him. Here, no one would be able to hear them over the sound of the tree leaves, as long as they kept their voices down. "So, what did you want to tell me?"
Rieia hesitated for a moment, then, so quiet Aeon could barely hear her, she spoke the information she had for him. "I... We, found one of them. Those people you were looking for. We don't know who, or how important he may be, but we have a name, and a real-life location."
Aeon was silent as he listened, and for a few seconds after Rieia had finished, processing the information. "I see." He said at last, "Show me what you found, then leave town and logout. Wait a day, then go back to your job. I may have to contact you."
Rieia wordlessly handed a note over to Aeon, then whispered something as she stood up, but Aeon couldn't hear it. Aeon watched as she left, and once he was out of his sight, he waited, silently counting out ten minutes before he opened the note.
He read over it wordlessly, then added the username to his friends list, memorized the location, and then put the note in the discard bin of his inventory. He wrote a short private message to the new name on his list, then sent it. It showed they were offline at the moment, so Aeon opened his menu and navigated to his own logout screen. I have a few preparations to make. He thought as he pressed the button, and the world around him disappeared.

OOC: There, I wrote a long post to make up for my inactivity. I think I'm back to activeness now. I'll get back to Lydia in a bit, and I think I have a new character to bring in, too.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:25 pm

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
Ash raised an eyebrow. "Don't you think you would be in even more trouble if you didn't return straight away?" he asked concernedly. Then he smiled condescendingly. "Would you even be able to keep up with me?"
He let himself fade into the shadows, enjoying watching Zare looking about, trying to find him, reemerging under the crown of a tree a few feet away.
"As you can see, despite your acute abilities, you could never keep pace with me. However..." he smiled lopsidedly as he descended to rejoin Zare. "I believe you could be useful, so I'll try to restrain myself. In return, I'll give you some of the more interesting tidbits about Tiera."
From morose, to concern, to mockery, now this. Which one was he, inside? How had he lost himself so thoroughly? Ah well, no time for meloncholy. He'd worry about that after the job was done, whether the cat helped him or not.

/Rowan/Caesar/
Caesar started laughing, not just because of Kenji's reply, but what he sensed before it. Hesitiation, Uncertainty. He'd scored a point, figuratively speaking. It cheered him immensely, which was good. The mess he was about to step into...he needed these laughs. He wasn't going to have them much longer.
He also needed to know just how loyal Kenji was to Tiera. being so unpredictable was a problem. He could easily decide he owed his loyatly to his homecountry, adn not to the person he'd attached himself to. At the moment, he was fairly certain Kenji didn't know whether Caesar was a player or an NPC, as Caesar had not given much in that regard. However, playing dumb over logging out hopefully made him seem more like an NPC...
Sheesh, worry, worry. he really needed to relax. however...
"Something you should know, if you're intent on following me," he said seriously to Kenji. "I'm going to the capital to meet with the high lord Tiera himself. my name in this region is Chardos, alright?"

/Zara/Kiari/
Kiari couldn't help staring at him, in both wonderment and suspicion. Was he serious? Was he just being nice, or...was there some ulterior motive? Mental snort at that one. Nah, he was an innocent in that regard. At least, she thought so. Well...she wouldn't have to walk. That would be nice. That and...well, she had the oddest feeling she could trust him. Stupid, probably, but whatever...
"That...sounds great," she said. "I'll see you there," she told Ellian, quickly wrapping her arms around his shoulders. She'd done this with Hawke loads of times, so she knew exactly where the best, and worst, places were. "Ready," she told him.

/Pierce/Arachni/
Arachni was silent a long moment, then nodded and inclined his head slightly. "Very well. With your permission, I will retire. Good night."
He closed the door softly behind him. Not that he really cared what Maximius' orders were, he intended to do some grinding. It would be necessary should they not have the 'glitch' handy.
It didn't take him long to realize he was being followed. How, he wasn't yet sure. Who, he was fairly sure. He continued on his path, headed for outside. He smiled faintly; whoever was following him was certainly good. They hadn't given themselves away, not even by a flicker.
Once outside, he found himself a deep shadow to work with before he stopeed. "Do you want to show yourself?" he asked. "Or shall I reveal you?"
A whisper of breeze disturbed the silence, and then Andonov took form before him. Arachni, who failed to see what exactly Andon had hidden himself with, smiled and inwardly cursed. Andon's eyes, cold and hard, stared directly into Arachni's own, which did not falter.
"Andonov. Why, pray, are you stalking me?" He smiled lopsidedly. "You haven't fallen for me, have you?" Andon's face didn't change. Arachni's smile deepened. "Alright, it was a bad joke. I apologize. Why are you following me?"
"You are odd, for a new player," Andon said, his voice as hard and cold as his eyes. "What exactly are you?"
"A demi-god," Arachni replied.
"You're a demi god disguised as...?"
Arachni raised an eyebrow; this man had a sense of humor? Stunning. "A dark elf."
Andon nodded. "Your power?"
"I'm a child of the gods, Andonov. I have multiple gifts, though darkness is my specialty."
Andon's eyes narrowed. "I don't trust you Arachni," he said bluntly.
Arachni raised the other eyebrow. "Why? pray, what did I do?"
"You just joined. Yet you go about as one who knows his way around the game. You are weak leveled, yet you took on two legions, subdoing them without receiving a scratch. Unexplained, and unexplainable, except through underhanded means."
"Are you accusing me of something?" Inwardly, Arachni braced himself.
"I believe you will being destruction upon us all."
"I assure you, Order is what I mean to bring. Sometimes it takes destruction to bring about such order." After a moment, he asked, "If you doubt me, then why did you vote yea when Maximius called?"
"Unlike you, he has been with us for years, supporting the IFF, though often his methods are questionable. He has my trust. You are an enigma, unknown, new, yet somehow familiar and old."
"I just study a lot. Its really no great secret." Thinking, he added, "I promise, all my actions are dedicated to what's best for the IFF."
Andon's eyes hardened, which was surprising considering how hard they were already. "What's best"," he repeated. "Very well, Arachni. But think really hard when you next make a move. I promise you, if someone dies or a battle is lost in equally unexplainable terms..."
Arachni froze, stunned by the feeling of cold metal against his throat. The clever demon. His illusional arm remained by his side, meanwhile his real arm...
"...I'll do "what's best" for the IFF."
"...I understand," Arachni said, deciding that simply and humbling concurring was best. Sometime soon, he'd need to get one of those items that let you see the truth. "By your leave, I shall go and prepare. We are likely to have a battle tomorrow, after all."
Andon stared hard at him, and suddenly vanished. Watching carefully, Arachni just noticed the out-of-place shadow moving away. He smiled; the clever devil. As he continued walking away, he wrote and sent a quick message to Maximius who, though Arachni preferred handling such things himself, was still currently his superior.
Heads up, oh mighty god of Infinite, but I ran into Andonov. He apparently doesn't think very highly of me. Jokes aside, he's rather suspicious of me. Quite plainly said that if anyone died or disappeared strangely, he'd be out for my blood. Just fyi. Michaelis migt not be the first to go. Speaking of, why was he first to go? Is he an easier targer somehow? What are you orders?
That done, he went seeking monsters while waiting for a reply. Orders or no, he intended to level up.
Wolfsong

Postby Banana Lobster » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:55 pm

Sage Shade

"75 gold pieces," Shade replied. It was 25 pieces fewer then her regular charge, but she hadn't had as much work to do this time, thanks to him and his friends. "And if you need a place to stay, down the high street there's an in called The Bearded Snail. Tell the owner, Tally, that I sent you, and she'll make sure you get a good room." 'And,' Shade thought, 'I can get supplies, free, the next time I stop in.'
Banana Lobster

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:08 pm

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji glowered at Regal, who was obviously incredibly pleased with himself for managing to trip Kenji up. He was tempted to make him forget that last conversation, but he shrugged. Regal had earned that point fair and square, so Kenji decided to let him keep his satisfaction. Kenji would get even with him, sooner or later. Instead, he started absently playing with his illusion skills, manifesting a high-level poisonous snake that he allowed to spiral around his arm. He listened absently to Regal as they rode.
Really, though. He hoped they didn't run into any of his old "friends" from Tiera. If they saw him, Regal would see firsthand just how Tieran Kenji was. Sheesh, Kenji probably wouldn't survive an encounter with some of them...
Kenji laughed. "I wouldn't leave you now if my life depended on it. Last time I took my eyes off you for a second, you got yourself into a world of trouble. You're gonna see the head honcho, eh? Sounds pretty important."
Kenji paused, then said, "Chardos? Ooh, more nicknames! You're quite the enigma, aren't you?" Then he grinned and added, with a mischievous note in his voice, "So it's like Regal, right? How many aliases do you have?"

/Eric/Zare/
Zare strained his eyes to try to follow Ash's movements, losing sight of him when he entered the shadows. Zare suppressed his growing frustration. Why was this guy toying with him? If he didn't deem him worthy of his company, he should just say so. However, once he agreed to Zare's help, Zare made himself relax and get over it, warming up to the idea of partying with someone on this guy's level. And then there was the added suspense of whether Zare would survive him or not...
"Heh, I'll admit I can't keep up with you and your fancy shadow tricks; I'll give you that. You're a Magnus, aren't you? I never thought I'd see one of those. But I'm willing to bet I could beat you in a straight on race.
That aside, I'm indebted to you for lowering yourself to the level of one as small and insignificant as I." Zare bowed sarcastically. "I can only hope I can be of some small service to you."
Once he'd finished getting his frustration out in the open, Zare reverted to his usual, calm self, a serious and slightly apathetic look resting on his face as he crossed his arms.
ClaecElric4God

Postby FreddyCast » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:33 am

Saint Reave

Saint: Alright here we go.
(Seeing that Kiari has put her arms around his shoulders he puts one arm around her back to hold her and gently goes up to the sky. It begins to get dark as clouds start to cover the sky.)
Saint: We’re going higher now. So hold on to me. (Saint flies faster as he goes straight through the clouds. When he passes through the clouds the scenery is nothing but an ocean of clouds and the sunset lights up the sky)
Saint: I knew something was bothering you, Kiari. So, I wanted to take your mind off of it by taking you up and enjoy this view.

LINK

(They fly above the clouds taking in the scenery. Mountain peaks can be seen protruding above the clouds quite a distance away and Saint whizzes around clouds as tall as mountains. Suddenly, Saint realizes something....the sunset...an ocean of clouds...wind blowing through them both...and Kiari looking so....*gulp*. “What did I just do?” Saint ponders, “I didn’t plan on making a romantic setting, I just wanted to keep her mind at ease and enjoy the scenery, but now....”)
Saint says nervously: Y..you wanna go back down? (Saint tries to hide his nervousness by looking calm and collected)

Sage Blaze and Priestess Elian

(Sage and Elian sees Saint fly away with Kiari and straight through the clouds)
Sage ponders: What is he thinking? If he just wanted to get away from me and Elian he could have just gone by himself. Why is he taking Kiari with him? Is he... (Elian interrupts Sage’s thoughts)
Elian: Do you know what’s going on with Saint and Kiari?
Sage: Umm, I have no idea?
Elian: I see. (Elian starts to feel a bit upset. They both then keep walking not saying another word to each other for quite a while. “This is making me feel very awkward” Sage says to himself)
Sage: So...uh...It’s getting pretty dark. (Elian tilts her head down)
Elian: I know who you are Sage.
Sage: Huh? (Sage is caught off guard)
Elian: And I know who your brother is too.
Sage: You do? I mean...You don’t know me or my brother.
Elian: Yes I do, (She cuts in front of him and turns to look at Sage’s face) Dean! (Sage is surprised that she knows his real name and is taken back by it)
Elian: And I know that Saint is Trent.
Sage: When did you find out who we were?
Elian: When Saint told me about his uncle and how you two were jailed for hitting him.
Sage: That moron! (Not wanting to believe that Elian is Eilis, he asks her...) Who are you?
Elian: You know who I am.
Sage: No, I don’t. (Elian starts to move forward and approach Sage ever closer. This surprises him and starts to take a step back. Elian reaches out a hand to touch Sage’s face)
Sage: NO, STOP EILIS! (Elian stops and gives a smile with a sad expression in her eyes)
Elian: See, you know who I am. (Sage takes a breather)
Sage: That was a dirty trick.
Elian: What did you think I was going to do?
Sage: I’d rather not think about it myself.
Elian: Dean...has Trent moved on? Has he found someone else?
Sage: What do you mean? (Elian looks down at her feet)
Elian: I’ve seen him being friendly to Kiari, and showing concern for her. And now he flew away with her.
Sage: My brother...you gotta be kidding me...He’s just a kind-hearted idiot who likes to help anyone and everyone. But why do you care? You left him! You left both of us without saying goodbye. My brother and I didn’t talk to each other for over a year because you.
Elian: Do you hate me? Does he?
Sage: ........No, I don’t. And neither does my brother. The only one he hates right now is me. (Sage gets irritated by the conversation) I don’t want to speak anymore (Sage walks past Elian)
Elian: WAIT! (She puts a hand onto Sage’s shoulder to stop him) Can you tell Trent, that I’m sorry. (Sage answers her without looking at her)
Sage: Tell him yourself. I’m done with you. (He walks away, and Elian, feeling really down, follows behind him. Sage takes a peek back and sees Elian upset, almost in tears. “Eilis.......”)

Maximius

(Arachni retires for the night, while Maximius leaves through another door and goes to his house nearby. Along the way he receives a message from Arachni and reads it. He then responds back saying....)
Maximius: This might be easier than I thought. Let Andonov have his suspicions. We’ll kill two birds with one stone. As for your inquiry about Michaelis. He has long been a supporter of my plans. But lately he has expressed desire to leave IFF. I cannot allow someone who has knowledge of my plans to leave IFF and inform the other factions of them. Plus, I just got word from a few of my men that it was he who staged the fight between the Nescalans and Tierans in the valley of Jezreem. Apparently out of boredom. He’s not only an incompetent leader, but a threat to the security of IFF. For now, rest up, which of course you won’t do, because tomorrow we will move with our plans.
(Maximius retires for the day)
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:35 pm

/Carter/Valerian/
"Done," he said, handing over some coins, equalling in total 100g. "keep the change," he added, grinning. "May the waves always favor you."
He took his leave then, stepping into the gathering throng. "Meeka?" he shouted. "Meeka, where'd you go?"

/Rowan/Caesar/
Caesar glanced up; the sun was almost down. Almost night again..."Yes, its very imporant." He noticed out of the corner of his eye a snake circling up Kenji's arm. He turned and stared directly at it, and eyebrow raised, as he answered, "Rather needed, in my situation. I really don't know. Why do you have a snake on your arm?"

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
"Yes, I am Magnus. And yes, in a straight race, you would undoubtably win." He smiled faintly. "That's why I'd resort to trickery. Dead simple."
He ignored the other comment, continuing walking. After a moment, he asked, "So, We know IFF is somewhere in this area. The question is where..." After a moment, he shrugged. "Its getting dark. You want to camp?"

/Pierce/Arachni/
He nodded slightly as he read the pm.
Alright then, I shall focus on Michaelis. Good night."
He smiled faintly. "which of course you won’t do". That man was smarter than he thought. Arachni would have to watch his step around this one. He had already studied the to-be battlefield, and had raised his level by a lot already. He decided however, it was time to rest. He left the field, headed to what had become his room, and sub-logged out.

/Zara/Kiari/
Kiari stared at the sunset in amazement, eyes widening. This was truly beautiful.
Saint's comment almost made her tense. "I wasn't upset. I was fine, really..." her voice trailed off. Her eyes teared up again. Dad..."No, I was. Thanks." at his other question, she said, "Sure. If its what you want to do."
After a moment, feeling tired and, strangely, happy, she rested her head on his back, just watching the view.
Wolfsong

Postby FreddyCast » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:52 pm

Saint Reave, Sage Blaze, and Priestess Elian

Saint: Alright! (Saint feels relieved, but then is surprised that Kiari rests her head on his back, “Keep it cool, Saint, she’s just resting her head”)
(Saint and Kiari reach the town that Elian was talking about and sees that Elian and Sage have already arrived first. “That’s odd, I must have taken too long up in the sky” Saint pondered)
Sage: So you’ve finally made it. Good, let’s get out of this wasteland already.
Elian: Follow me, we’ll rest up at an inn nearby. Tomorrow we’ll decide what to do.
Sage says in a loud voice: There’s nothing to decide. Me and my brother are leaving in the morning. (Saint looks at Sage, confused as to why Sage would burst that out so loudly)
Saint: Are you ok, brother?
Sage: What, you’re talking to me now? Let’s just go, I’m not in the mood for idle chit chat. (The whole gang enter an inn and check into separate rooms, and log out for the night)
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:11 pm

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji laughed. He was tempted to tell Regal that it was an illusion, but that would spoil any chance of using it to mess with Regal in the future.
"It's there to bite you if you step out of line," Kenji said in a mock evil voice. Then he laughed, letting the snake evaporate into thin air. "So, how long before we get there?"

/Eric/Zare/
Zare laughed. "Well, if that's what suits you. I guess there's no reason not to use your skills to your advantage."
Zare listened to Ash, slightly surprised he didn't know more than he did. Was the IFF really that unknown?
"You're the leader here. I'm just along for the ride."
ClaecElric4God

Postby Koneko-chan » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:45 pm

OOC: Gosh, this is late, sorry Wolfie.
Khaleesi/Meeka
Meeka was confused, where did Valerian go? Trying to peek over the mass of people, her eyebrows furrowed in worry. She heard a faint voice calling her name "Valerian?" Meeka yelled hesitantly.

Landon/Arystar
Looking up, Cyrano surprised him "Oh. Um. Not really no." Scratching the back of his head anxiously, glancing to the side "I got a bit, erm.. Distracted."

OOC: Wait, is Cyrano like, an NPC?
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby FreddyCast » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:19 pm

OOC- I'll be carrying on Wolfy's Infinite Powers by telling Sage's and Saint's past and how they started out in IP. I welcome everyone to do the same.

Sage Blaze and Saint Reave
1 year ago

(A festival is taking place in all the land of IFF. Everyone in Infinite Powers have gathered together to celebrate the Liberation Fest, which commemorates the day IP was saved from a group of hackers’ who attempted to control IP. Two new players, strong-willed and close brothers, have joined IP and are caught in the middle of the festival in the capitol city of IFF. They walk among a crowd of players and are unsure what to do.)

Saint Reave: Hey Dean!

Sage Blaze: Don’t call me by my real name. My name is Sage Blaze.

Saint: oh, right. Oops. Sorry, brother. Sage Blaze!
Sage: What is it, Reave?
Saint: I think we’re lost.
Sage: Really? What made you think that?
Saint: Are you being sarcastic.
Sage: I don’t know. What do you think?
Saint: Hmm....(Sage sees Reave pondering his question)
Sage: Are you seriously thinking this over? (Saint smiles and laughs)
Saint: I don’t know. What do you think? (Sage realizes Reave is messing with him and smiles while shaking his head)
Sage: Alright, Reave. Let’s see if we can find an NPC and ask for help.
Saint: What about all these players surrounding us? We could ask them.
Sage: I don’t trust anyone with a beating heart. (Saint raises an eyebrow)
Saint: I have a beating heart, you know. Are you saying you don’t trust me?
Sage: I’m sorry, who are you again? (Saint feels hurt and opens his mouth in disbelief)
Saint: Brother, stop that. (Sage laughs)
Sage: Calm down, I’m just joking. You’re always joking with me, you know. Anyways, you’re the only beating heart that pumps the same blood as me. I trust you no matter what. (Saint’s eyes widen as Sage’s statement touches him)
Saint: Brother...( Sage sees Reave giving him an emotionally moved look and starts to frown at Reave.)
Sage: Don’t let that get to your head. You just need to stop being so childish and naïve.
Saint: Awww, You don’t need to be embarrassed brother. Come here. (Saint grabs and hugs Sage as he lifts him up in the air)
Sage: PUT ME DOWN! LET GO OF ME. (Saint puts Sage down and lets him go) You see what I mean. (Saint shrugs off Sage’s anger and grins at him)
Saint: Alright brother, let’s see if we can find an NPC and ask for help. (They look around as they keep walking through the crowd)
Sage: This crowd is getting bigger. (He frowns) Argh. Why don’t they just get out of our way? (Suddenly a player dressed in a turquoise jacket with star buttons and dark blue skirt studded with stars, comes running towards Sage from the back. Saint sees the player coming but is distracted by her light grey eyes)
Saint: uhh, brother...
Sage: Yeah, what’s wrong? (The female players runs, passing by Saint and bumping into Sage. Sage falls forward and lands on his face) ARRGGHH! MY FACE! GAHH, what the heck was that for? (Saint grabs onto Sage’s right arm and lifts him up to his feet)
Saint: You OK, brother?
Sage: NO, I’m not OK. Who was it that pushed me? (Saint looks around but the player is nowhere to be seen)
Saint: I don’t know who it was. But the player had these piercing grey eyes. (Sage rubs his face and cleans himself of the dust on his face and clothing)
Sage: One day I’m gonna get that person for pushing me like that. I hope that person gets hit by lightning and freezes in place like a popsicle.
Saint: Revenge won’t get you anywhere, brother.
Sage: But it’ll make me feel better.
Saint: Let’s just get away from this crowd first, we’ll figure out what to do next.
Sage: I’m getting tired of this crowd. The sooner we leave this city the better.
(the two brothers walk away from the crowd, but then, a tall handsome figure in Greco-Roman clothing and carrying a ruby-tipped cane appear in front of them)
To be continued.....
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Postby Banana Lobster » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:26 am

OOC: Why not? It sounds like fun to me. :)

Sage Shade

6 years ago

Looking around, Shade studied her surroundings, eying the open waters of the nearby ocean, watching the waves sparkle in the setting sun. Looking behind her, she saw tall, sturdy trees, and a river winding its way between them until it vanished into the forest depths. Walking over to the river, she looked down, studying her reflection.

Her black cloak hung around her shoulders, and her sage tunic went nicely with her white leggings and dark brown boots. Accessing her menu, she accepted the gift from the mods, a small pouch that she attached to her belt.

"Da-Sage!" Looking up, Shade grinned and leapt to her feet.

To her right, a tall young man ran towards her, his own black cloak stretching out behind him. His skin was a light golden brown, and his eyes were amber. His spiky dark hair, the color of fresh soil, was pulled back in a ponytail, much like her own wavy, dark green locks. He wore a amber tunic underneath, that went well with his dark brown boots and white pants. Around his neck hung a silver amulet.

"Ia-Amber!" she teased, and he laughed.

"Look at this!" he said, throwing his arms wide. "Isn't it great? Now we can hang out whenever we want!" and, just for fun, he began to dance. Sage burst out laughing, unable to help herself.

Reaching out, she grabbed his wrist, and started tugging him along after her. "Come on, let's go explore!"
Banana Lobster

Postby FreddyCast » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:54 am

Sage Blaze, Saint Reave, and Maximius
1 year ago, part 2

(The appalling meeting between the Solis Family. Sage and Saint run into a familiar face)
Sage: It’s YOU!
Maximius: Dean....Trent. How are you two boys doing? (Saint’s anger grows as he grinds his teeth and clenches his hands into fists.)
Saint: Hadrian! I told you I NEVER WANTED TO SEE YOUR FACE. (Saint takes out his small sword and takes a stance ready to strike at his foe)
Maximius: Are you really going to attack me with that beginner’s sword? You two are new players, right? (Sage takes his stance as well and conjures up fire on both his hands)
Sage: We might be beginners, but our real skills carries over to this game.
Maximius: I don’t think that’s how it works around here.
Saint: ENOUGH TALKING! (Saint lunges his sword at a grinning Maximius, who steps out of the way, but grabs Saint’s arm and pulls it back over his head, making Saint fall on his back and lose his grip of his sword.)
Sage: REAVE! YOU SON OF A.....(Sage is about to blast some fireballs, but Maximius disappears from his sight and reappears behind Sage)
Maximius: Language, my boy. (Sage is surprised that Maximius is behind him)
Sage: What?...(He turns around quickly to attack with his fireballs, but Maximius closes the distance and grabs Sage’s face with the palm of his hand, lifting him up from his feet and slamming Sage’s head into the ground. Saint sees what happens and is horrified at what he sees)
Saint: DEEEAN! (He looks at Maximius with furious eyes) YOU BASTA....(Maximius then disappears again and reappears above Saint and slams his cane onto Saint’s back, taking the breath out of Saint) GAHA!
Maximius: Are you two boys done? (Both Sage and Saint lay motionless on the ground. The crowd nearby is watching what’s happening with confused and horrified stares) This is no good. All this attention is no good at all.... Come here, you two.
(Maximius grabs Saint’s arm and drags him over to Sage's motionless body. He then grabs Sage and puts both the brothers on his shoulders. He opens up a vortex and steps in with the unconscious brothers on his shoulders. The vortex closes behind them and the crowds watch as the brothers and Maximius disappear from their sight.)

To be continued....
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:33 pm

OOC- interesting idea, FreddyCast. I'd like to talk to you about how it unfolds.
Anyways, my apologies for being so late in returning guys. My computer was suffering technological difficulties, which were only just resolved. I'm back, and don't worry about courtmartialing me, I'm sure Claec will take care of that XD (hides behind the curtain) I'll post again.

/Rowan/Caesar/
"When I get out of line?" Caesar asked, astonished. "What on earth is to keep you reined in?" When the snake vanished, Caesar realized it was an illusion. "A trickster on top of being Unpredictable. Just great..." And they traveled on.
As night turned to day, the capital came into view. It wasn't a grand city like Nescala's Keroma, but still fine in its own way.
You see, Auoma was built in the trees.
Caesar reined in his horse, staring up into the crown of a particularly large tree. He waited a moment, then whistled a sound that pierced the stillness around them. He waited.
"Who goes?" someone shouted.
"Chardos Aramont," he replied. "Lower the lift."
An elf suddenly came into view, long black hair, stiff-backed and proud. He studied them a moment, then nodded. "I recognize you, Chardos, but I see you've only one companion. Whatever became of your train of followers?"
"Something else to thank Cyrano for."
The elf nodded and vanished again. A platform, crafted of leaves and twigs and held together by magic, descended. Caesar urged his horse onto it, looking about. Once they were both on, it began to rise.
"one thing to say for Tiera," Caesar said softly to Kenji. "Nescala may have splender, but Tiera had a grandness all its own." and Auoma came into view.
Wooden platforms seemed to hang in open air, though he knew they connected somewhere. The houses were made from stonework, and some were the trees themselves. Etheral lights hung or hovered everywhere, casting strange but calming shadows over the town.
"Welcome back, Chardos Aramont," the elf said, appearing beside them. Caesar ignored him and dismounted. Smiling condescendingly, the elf added, "I hope your stay will be just as pleasant even without your servants."
Caesar turned to face him, then noticed the outstretched, open palm. he suddenly grinned. "Comsidering Tieran hospitality, it should be," he replied, placing his horse's reins in the guy's hand. "keep up the good work."
He felt the bitter look boring into his back as he walked away. "Lets find lodging first," he suggested to Kenji. "Can you suggest anywhere?"

/Zara/Kiari/
"What is he taking to court?!"
Mrs. Keyes sighed, for the one hundredth time. "You, Zara. He wants custody of you."
"But I thought you both said I could choose..."
"I guess he changed his mind..." Her mom stared at the floor. "I was so happy when you chose me..."
"I said I wanted the parent who actually tried to keep it together. I guess I pushed his buttons."
Her mother raised her head. "Zara..." she held out her arms. Zara quickly fell into them, hugging her mother fiercely.
"I love you Mom. Always."
-- -- --
Kiari returned to Infinite, anxious to get away from the chaos that was taking over her life. Blast her dad! How could he do this to them?
"Dad, what's going on?" She buried her face in the bedcloths, stifling tears.
There was a sudden creak of floorboards. Kiari froze, then cautiously turned her head. A huge, hulking figure was closing the door, on her side. She almost went for her weapon, but realized that, under the sheets, it would be more of a hinderance than an asset. She watched as it walked carefully to the side of the bed and reached toward her.
She instantly leapt up, punching her assaultant in the face, whipping her leg around to trip him up, and get out of the sheet. She was about to go for a knock-out punch when someone jumped her from behind, wrapping their arms around her and trapping her arms. She began kicking as hard as she could, trying to hit a soft spot.
"Bind her, for heaven's sake!" her attacker gasped. "Mandros!"
She heard someone say something, and felt a stiffness seeping into her limbs. Fortunately her resistance was fairly high, so she just shrugged it off. The next attempt was stronger, and it worked this time. Kiari stiffened, then slumped.
"Dude, she's a feisty one. Where's the bag?"
The huge guy stood, shaking his head groggily. Kiari realized he was some sort of anthro-bear. "Give me a sec," he said in a deep but shaking voice.
The guy holding her shorted. "You know, I used to think the movie's strong-but-brainless hulk were just myths, but now..."
"And I suppose you think that because you're an anthro-fox means you automatically have the brains?" the bear asked angrily.
"Gentlemen, please," another voice interupted. A man with pale blonde hair and green flowing robes stepped into view. "She does have a party with her, and we have made some noise. Lets leave before they come to check on her."
The bear nodded and held up a sack of some coarse material. To Kiari's horror, the fox-man stuffed her inside it. "Lets get a move on," he sadi as the bear tied the sack closed. "We don't want to be found here."
"Out the window," she heard the one she guessed to be a mage say. "Barge, you go back out the door. Someone may have seen you go in, so lets keep with appearances. Then get out. Red and I will wait for you in the cart. Go!"
The mage was obviously the head of the operation, whatever was going on. Kiari was bumped about as the two men made their escape, before finally being dumped on something wooden and hard. After a few minutes, she heard someone huffing and coming close.
"Finally, you show!' the fox said. "We could get caught, you know!"
"Just shut up and go!' the mage snapped.
Kiari felt the cart start to move. Frantically she tried to move, but the paralyze spell still held her. "Where are they taking me?" Kiari wondered. "What's going on?"

/Pierce/Arachni/
Morning found Arachni seated on a cliff overlooking the soon-to-be battlefield, planning. He'd traveled to the outskirts of the mountains and found Nescala to be camped on their doorstep, figuratively speaking. He had studied the path they were likely to take, and any possible side paths, leading to the valley, the one landbound entrance to the IFF base. He was already summoning dark clouds from other regions, using a natural passage to minimize his use of magic, to defend the skies. The sea, he had plans for. All and all, with the terrain unfamiliar to the unsuspecting Nescalans, he had the advantage. He hadn't seen anything yet of Tiera, but he knew it would be only a matter of time till they showed.
"You're up early. Pressure getting to you?"
"Michaelis," Arachni greeted quietly. "What are you doing here?"
"Being incredibly bored. No one wants to play with me this morning. They're all too busy preparing for the fight you and Maximius started."
"Are you regretting your decision to support us?"
"Oh no, not at all. In fact, it couldn't have come at a better time. It fits in perfectly with my personal plans."
Arachni stood slowly, turned and directly faced Michaelis. "You will not be allowed to leave," he said warningly.
Michaelis grinned; if he was surprised that Arachni knew of his intention, he wasn't showing it. "Who would be able to stop me?" he countered. "But no, that wasn't exactly what I had in mind." After a moment, he shrugged and said, "Well, have fun with your party."
"Michaelis."
The spirit paused in the act of turning. "Yes?"
"If I may, I would appreciate being able to borrow your skills this afternoon. When the battle starts, will you join me?"
MIchaelis started at his searchingly, and for a long moment Arachni believed he would say no. Then Michaelis suddenly smirked. "My, my, that's very thoughtful of you, including little ol' me. Sure, why not? I haven't had a fun fight since the last time Kiari tried to get my gem." As he walked off, he added, "Just send me a message when you want me."
Arachni smirked. "I will."

/Carter/Valerian/
As the clouds of the storm parted, the morning sun was revealed. Valerian smiled as he watched. "Look. The sun itself welcomes us to our new land."
Once he and Meeka had regrouped, they had quickly found themselves a spot and rested. Now it was daybreak, and the new land was open before them.
"Well," he remarked to Meeka. "Lets hit that shop you were talking about, and then figure out what's next."

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
Ash looked down at Zare, who was still sleeping, in mild amusement. He still couldn't believe hd' allied himself with a Nescalan housecat...one who snored. Amazing, how fate could turn. Well, he didn't really mind, not as much as he pretended anyway. He actually kinda liked the serious, farly straight-forward, snoring man. But boy, could he saw logs.
When Zare woke, he said, "Good morning. While I built a fire from those logs you sawed all night, I spotted an old friend, and I was curious. Would you like to go after our serial killer, or make tracks for the IFF?"

OOC- boy, now my fingers hurt...
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:04 pm

OOC: Wolfy's back! You said Tuesday. You said you would be back on Tuesday. This is the THIRD Tuesday since then. Hmph.

Anyway, if we're getting into character backstories, I may as well open up a bit of Aeon's. Nothing to do for Lydia, though. Aeon/Jean is probably going to have a lot of time spent in real life for a personal storyline, and this is going to be where it's starting. Just a heads up for you folks.

The world disappeared into utter blackness around him, everything that surrounded him in the real world dissipated into the void. And then, just as the darkness filled every corner of his perception, a new world started to form. This was a different world, a stranger world, one he had been to often, but could never quite get used to.
He saw the middle of the town he was in form first, he was sitting under a tree, by himself. Next, he heard, the conversations around him and the sound of leaves rustling in the breeze. He smelled the sweet, nostalgic scent of grass beneath him and the tree above him. He felt the cool, moist dirt he was sitting in, the clothes that covered him, and the flow of air on his face. And he tasted, tasting the fresh air, unspoiled despite being in the middle of a large town.
He smiled, maybe he couldn't get used to this world, but he enjoyed in nonetheless.
Aeon stood up, taking in all the surroundings that Infinite had for him. His cloak and hood kept him mostly shadowed, but a beam of sunlight reflected off the shining metal armor that covered his entire arm, and he felt the weight of a sword at his hip.
Yes, this was a good world.

While he would have enjoyed standing there and reveling in the new feeling of Infinite all around him, Aeon had to remind himself that he was on business, and he had an urgent job to attend to, that required his full attention.
He opened his menu, checking to see that his skills, stats, and items were as he expected, and once he was satisfied he took a teleportation item out of his inventory and used it. The world faded once again, but this time, into pure white light.

The light faded, and Aeon found himself in a very different location than he was a few seconds ago. The players in the town, the towering tree, and the cool breeze were all gone, replaced by dusty, arid heat, a stale smell, and sand drifting through the air.
Aeon pulled his hood down over his face and wrapped some of his cloak around his mouth and nose to protect it from the flying sand. He was still in a town, but it was a desert town in the middle of nowhere. There were hardly any players here, and for good reason: despite being a good ways away from any starting location, the monsters were weak, there was nothing unique or even rare to find here, and even the NPC's were lacking in quests or interest. No one ever came here, which was why it was perfect for him.

Aeon walked through the town and exited through the south gate. Once into the field, it seemed he had left some kind of magical shield, because the wind was harsher and the sand was wilder, stinging his face wherever it could. He hung his head, hunched his shoulders, and set off, going straight ahead, to the spot he had chosen.

It took a good half hour of walking, but Aeon managed to make it to the meeting place a few minutes early, and it seemed the person he was meeting with hadn't arrived yet, so Aeon resolved to wait.
He went over his equipment and skills again, making sure he was familiarized with them. He didn't expect he would end up in a fight, but it never hurt to be prepared.
His attention was drawn away by someone else arriving from the opposite direction Aeon had taken. The person was short, wrapped in thick clothes, and had a pair of thick, menacing claws extending from each hand, and Aeon wasn't entirely sure if they were from the player's race of equipment.

"You finally showed up." Aeon said, keeping his voice calm and level. He crossed his arms in front of his chest, looking very annoyed.
The other player stopped in front of Aeon, looking up at him and staying silent for a second. After the pause, he replied with, "Well, you haven't tried to contact me this way for years, I had to dig the hardware out and--"
Aeon interrupted him simply by raising his hand, "Save the excuses, Griff, I don't want to hear it." He lowered his hand, folding it with his other one again. "What I do want is information, and I believe you can help."
Griff seemed as surprised as a bundle of rags could be, "Oh, you need my help? You, the great and mighty Aeon, needs me to provide you with information? My, how the times change." He was so smug and full of himself, Aeon wanted to hit him right then and there, but annoying as Griff was, Aeon needed him, and punching him would likely kill him, so he restrained himself.
"Long story, don't ask." Aeon replied, then paused. "Although," He added thoughtfully, tilting his head slightly, "You did get one thing wrong I want to correct you on."
Griff waited a second before letting out a cautious, "What?"
Aeon smirked, then unfolded his arms, jabbing his thumb to his chest, "Me, I'm not Aeon. I'm just borrowing the account." He said, sounding just as smug as Griff had just a second ago.
The clawed pile of cloth took a step back, then another, "Who, who are you? And where's the real Aeon?" He asked, sounding afraid, ready to bolt.
Aeon-who-was-not-Aeon's smirk grew, "Oh, I was hoping you would be able to tell me. In the meantime, I have a friend who would be interested in talking to you."
Griff raised a claw defensively, seemingly debating whether to fight or flee, "And where;s this friend of yours?" He asked.
"Oh, he's close by," 'Aeon' said, then chuckled, "Actually, he's right behind you." He pointed behind Griff, who turned, but saw nothing there.
"I don't underst..." Griff began, then realized it, "No, NO!!" He shouted, then opened his menu and logged out before 'Aeon' could blink.

The real world came into focus again, and Griff, sitting at his computer, wasted no time and reached up for his headset. He froze cold as he felt something metal and cold be put to his back, someone said, "Don't move." and there was an ominous clicking sound.

OOC: Gonna stop there for now. Suspense...
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:38 pm

OOC- I just didn't specify which Tuesday, Odd.
Well, since everyone else seems to be doing it, I'll give in to the pressure and write something for my guys. If you guys wanna keep doing it, that's fine, but make sure its clear that you're doing so.
Also guys, if you have anything you want to say, some complaints to make, or just plain wanna talk, come in here: Infinite Powers OOC. just please don't give me too much heck... :grin:

/Zara/Kiari/
1 year ago...
"Are you serious?" Kiari gasped, eyes lighting up.
Hawke folded his arms behind his head, grinning widely. "Yes! Its all over the place. The mods, to celebrate this year's festival, released the new super item rumors have been talking about. Its all over the place."
"Fafnir's Egg," Kiari breathed. "Fafnir's single dragon descendant. I could...I could have my very own dragon!"
Hawke laughed. "Knowing you, I probably shouldn't have told you right away. You're starting right now, I suppose"
"Of course! If I wait, I might get beaten."
Hawke shook his head, still grinning. "Well, I'm gonna enjoy myself today, earn some coins, and buy some new stuff. I'll join you tomorrow, okay?"
"Sure thing!" Kiari turned and walked away, thinking hard and planning. As thick as the crowd was, she struggled to get through without accidently trampling somebody. Two people stood out, both obviously newbs, and one of them was staring at her. Deciding to make a point, Kiari pushed past them a little more roughly, but instead knocked down the black hooded guy instead of the other. She almost apologized, then thought better of it and kept going.
She turned a corner, almost running into a food cart. However, in dodging that, she ran full-speed into another man. She fell to the ground, wincing in pain as the stonework jabbed into her. She looked up to see who she'd crashed into. his blonde hair was neatly arranged, and he was dressed from head to toe in black and red silk. He looked like the sort of person to stand in front of a mirror for hours on end. His eyes, a vibrant green, had a look in them she didn't like. There was pride there, and something else.
"Sorry," she apologized, rising. "I didn't see you there."
"Quite alright," he said, then his eyes focused entirely on her. They widened slightly. "My, you're an eyeful and no mistake."
Kiari rolled her eyes expressively. He grinned as he stood. "That was meant to be a compliment."
"Save it," she replied, starting to walk away.
"Wait!'' he protested, grabbing her arm tightly. "I'm Mithos. What's your name?"
"None of your business! Let go!" she snapped, struggling to break his grip. His gaze on her...she did not like it, not at all.
He grew agitated as she continued to fight. "If you would just-"
"Kiari! Hey!"
Hawke suddenly grabbed Mithos by the wrists, jerking them back and twisting his arms behind his back painfully. "Let me make this clear," he said warningly. "If you mess with my friend again, I will make you sorry. Now get away, slug!" He shoved Mithos away disgustedly.
Mithos backed away quickly. "No one threatens me!" he proclaimed. "I always get what I want! We will meet again, I promise!" and he bolted.
Hawke turned to Kiari. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah, you arrived in good time." Kiari brushed herself off. "Jeez...Hawke, tell me frankly, do I actually look, in any way, attractive? That's the second one today!"
It was just as well Kiari wasn't looking directly at Hawke, who was struggling not to laugh, for his face was twisted so comidicly in surprise and mild dismay. Fortunately, he managed to fix it when Kiari looked at him directly. "Well," he said cautiously. "You're certainly not ugly. I think you...look really nice."
Kiari gave him a long look, positive or negative he couldn't guess, then smiled and said, "Okay. Thanks Hawke. Have fun, and I'll see you tomorrow." and she trotted away.
Hawke watched her a long moment, then facepalmed. "Oh Hawke..." and he wandered away.
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:38 pm

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji looked around in wonder as they ascended into the weird tree town. To be honest, he hadn't spent much time at all in Tiera, and he definitely didn't remember this place. He was more than a little intrigued, but after the first few seconds, he stuffed his hands in his pockets and pulled off a perfectly bored, uninterested expression. As far as Regal knew, this was old news to him, and not in the least bit cool.
When they finally arrived at the top, Kenji watched the exchange between Regal and the elf. Sensing the animosity between them, he glared immaturely at the elf, sticking his tongue out as they walked past him.
Kenji laughed loudly at Regal's comment. He wasn't about to show uncertainty to Regal again. But he had to think fast. Should he make up some excuse about having forgotten where all the best places were, or just say they were all the same and it didn't really matter, or suggest sleeping under a blanket of stars?
"I honestly have no idea," Kenji laughed brightly. "You know this place as well as I do!" And with that he punched Regal on the shoulder, laughing again.

/Eric/Zare/
Eric threw his head back, laughing at the joke his dad had just told. It really wasn't that funny of a joke, but they were both in a goofy mood. Eric knew he was going too fast, but it wasn't a busy road, and this late at night, there weren't going to be cars to worry about. That and his dad hadn't said anything about slowing down, so he didn't really think anything of it. The two spent the next few minutes chatting and goofing off. Eric was just excited that his dad had finally given him permission to drive the new Mercedes, and the feel of the car was so smooth and beautiful. He felt like he could drive to the end of the world and back again in just a few seconds...
The stop sign came up too fast, and Eric was too busy feeling the power of the vehicle under his feet, and laughing at his dad's mediocre jokes.
"Eric, slow up!" Suddenly the humor was gone out of his voice, replaced by urgency. "Eric!" It turned into a yell.
Eric snapped out of his moment of ecstacy, suddenly catching a glimpse of headlights coming from the right. He slammed both feet on the brake, frantically trying to spin the wheel around as the Mercedes slid out into the intersection. But not before the commercial van smashed into the passenger side, the impact throwing Eric against his door as the two vehicles slid down the road. Terror welled up in Eric's chest, stealing his breath.
Am I going to die?

He jerked up, breathing heavily as sweat streamed down his face. His shirt was saturated with it as well. Reaching a hand up instinctively, Zare's fingers brushed his crystal, and he sighed with relief.
Just a stupid dream. He was irritated with himself for letting it find it's way into Infinite, his only haven.
Zare looked up to see Ash standing nearby, surprised that Ash hadn't abandoned or killed him. He glowered at Ash's log comment.
That's what I get for falling asleep here instead of logging out, he berated himself. Zare stood up slowly, brushing himself off.
"I'm sorry," he said sarcastically. "We can't all be as perfect as you, Lord Dark Elf." He thought about Ash's question, intrigued that he would ask for his input. "Well, it really doesn't matter either way to me. You're running the show here. Although I get bored with info hunts, so my first instinct would be to go after that loser with the freaky powers. Of course, the IFF was your original goal; so it's your call."
ClaecElric4God

Postby FreddyCast » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:00 pm

Sage Blaze, Saint Reave and Priestess Elian
Real World

(It’s morning and Trent comes back from his morning walk and sees that the garage door is open. Dean is in the garage shirtless and doing push-ups while his shirt is laying on the ground a few feet away from him. Trent walks past the various exercise machines around the garage and stops right next to Dean as he looks at him.)
Trent: Sage Bla...*oh, I forgot we’re in the real world now*...I mean, Dean!
Dean: What is it, Trent! I have no time for small talk. So skip it and get to your point.
Trent: I’m sorry, for...uh...(Trent is a bit hesitant to say what’s in his mind)
Dean: You’re sorry? For what?
Trent: For umm...(His nervousness shows as he rubs the back of his neck. Dean stops doing push-ups and turns his eyes to look at Trent with a mysteriously dangerous gaze)
Dean: I think I know. For this...(Dean sweep kicks Trent and quickly gets on top of him, putting his hands firmly on his brother’s neck)
Trent: Brother...what are you....
Dean: What were the words that you said?....oh yeah, “I wish this was the real world, so I could really have your life in my hands.” (Trent grabs his brother’s arms, but can’t free himself)
Trent: It was just...a game...I’d never really do that to you.
Dean: JUST A GAME...I saw your eyes, they were full of hate for me.
Trent: With good reason...
Dean: ...There’s never a “good” reason, brother.
Trent: Then why are you do this? Is it because you hate me too? (Dean gives Trent a blank stare for quite a while) ANSWER ME, DEAN.
Dean: No! (He let’s go of Trent’s neck) I could have squeezed the life out of you if I wanted. But then I’d lose the one person I care about the most.
Trent: I’m sorry, Dean. (He rubs his neck still feeling the presence of where Dean’s hands used to be. Dean gets up and lends Trent a hand, to which Trent grabs and is pulled up to his feet)
Dean: I already forgave you.
Trent: Huh, then why’d you do this to me?
Dean: To prove a point.
Trent: What, that you can ring my neck?
Dean: That hatred destroys who you are and those that care about you.
Trent: You could have just said that, instead of trying to scare me to death, you know.
Dean: What would be the fun in that? (Dean turns around to enter the house)
Trent: That wasn’t fun...(Trent grabs Dean’s shirt from the ground)...And put your shirt on.
(He throws it at Dean’s head, which hits its target and falls to Dean’s shoulders, dangling as Dean keeps walking unfazed and smiling)
Trent: You’re gonna flood the house with your sweat, you jerk. (Trent looks on as he pouts and frowns at Dean, still angry at what had just occurred)

Infinite Powers

(Sage Blaze and Saint Reave return to IP and leave their rooms in the inn as they meet up in the hallway)
Saint: Should we go and meet up with the girls
Sage: Are you kidding me? We’re not tagging along with them. If we want to leave the past behind, it’s best we don’t team-up with them.
Saint: I get that you don’t want Ellis to join us, but what about Kiari?
Sage: What, you two are best friends now? Leave her and let’s go.
Saint: The least we can do is tell them that we’re leaving.
Sage: Fine! Jeez, you’re such a pain.
Saint: Hahaha! You’re one to talk. (Suddenly Priestess Elian comes running towards the brothers)
Elian: SAGE, SAINT.
Saint: huh...what’s the matter Elian?
Elian: It’s Kiari, she’s gone.
Sage: So, why do we care?
Elian: I heard some weird noises coming from her room, so I went to check and her room looked as if there was a struggle. I think something bad happened to her.
Saint: Then we should go and find her.
Sage: Wait a minute, how do you know if something bad happened to her, just because her room looks a little messed up doesn’t mean she’s in trouble.
Saint: She wouldn’t have left without saying goodbye. She’s in danger, I know she is.
Sage: I get that you to are close buds and all, but seriously, she is none of our business.
Saint: She helped us out in the Wilderness and in the Lair of the Four Demons. I’m not gonna leave a team member behind.
Sage: That’s if she’s in any danger. Come on Saint, she’s part of the IFF, she’s part of our uncle’s scheme.
Elian: Your uncle’s scheme? What do you mean?
Saint: I’m not arguing this with you anymore, brother. Elian, where do you think she might have gone?
Elian: I saw a group of suspicious characters go out the back and leave in some sort of cart.
Saint: Then let’s go. We have no time to lose. (Saint and Elian leave to find Kiari)
Sage: REAVE! This is ridiculous! (Sage follows after Saint and Elian)
Last edited by FreddyCast on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:13 pm

/Zara/Kiari/
Kiari lay mostly still in the bag, though the paralyze effect had worn off long ago. There was no point, not yet anyway.
The cart stopped, after quite some time. She was hoisted over someone's shoulder - she guessed the bear - and carried now. She heard the sounds of city bustle, and wondered where exactly she was. The noise faded into the distance, and the world around became mostly quiet. Then she heard the fox say something, and thought she heard the creak of a door. Then she was bumped around a bit, then the bag was flipped upside-down, dumping her onto the floor in a jumbled heap. She blinked, eyes readjusting to the light. She was on a stone floor, that she could tell by feel alone. "But...where..."
"Yes, that's her. My men will pay you on your way out."
That voice?! Her head snapped up.
Mithos' green eyes regarded her with contained emotion. Her kidnappers were leaving out the only door. There were two windows, but both were too high up the wall to be much use. She rose to her feet awkwardly, trying to look more dignified than shaky. "Well, this sure is a far cry from how you caught me last time."
He shrugged. "Carrot and stick. I didn't want to do this, but...you should be thanking me, actually," he said, changing topics. "I'm technically supposed to kill you, so..."
She started, eyes widening. "Say what?!"
Mithos smiled softly. "An old employer, though I won't give any details, wants you out of the way. If I didn't like you so much, you'd currently be dead in a ditch somewhere. One would think you'd be a little more grateful," he added, seeing the look on her face.
She backed away as far as the room would let her. "Actually, people trying to kill me I can handle. What happens now?"
"You'll hide here until the storm's blown over, while I tell my boss you're dead. After that..." his smiled chilled her. "We'll have some fun then, aye?"
"You...you stupid..." Kiari was truly speechless.
He chuckled. "Like I told you before, I always get what I want." He started for the door, still smiling. "Also, I suggest not trying to escape. Not only do you have people who would love to see you dead, but I have this place heavily guarded and shielded. I suggest you behave yourself for once." and he left.
The door closing sounded like the crack of doom. Kiari stood there a long moment, saying nothing, then sat down and began to think really hard.
On second thought, traveling with Sage and Saint didn't seem like such a trial anymore.

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
Ashi was quiet, studying his companion,. Was that...sorrow? Ash felt worry, but he quickly squelched it.
"Well, forgive me for playing like a team player. Very well, we go for IFF."
He rose, turning to walk away. Then he paused, and glanced back. "one thing you should know, while the blood is similar, a dark elf and a Magnus are two separate entities, and between the two Magnus is master." He turned and continued walking. "Also, be thankful I am more merciful than most. There is bad blood between us, and any such comparisons are considered insult enough to kill a man." He turned again, meeting Zare's eyes a long moment, letting such signals as anger and danger dance in his eyes. Then, slowly, he turned away again, continuing to walk.
However, once he was fully turned away from Zare, the ghost of a smile played on his lips. "Though most dark elves and Magnus would be surprised to learn they were suddenly blood enemies," he thought, laughing inwardly. "So," he said, direcrting his voice back to Zare. "A Nescalan housecat. How does it feel to be another pawn in the great game of war? How does it feel..." he smiled coldly. "To be used?"

/Rowan/Caesar/
Caesar rolled his eyes, displaying mirth when it actuality he felt frustrated. But then, as he turned to look at Kenji, and looked into the man's laughing eyes, he realized that, despite everything, he had truly grown attached to this unpredictable. Indeed, he liked him to such an extent that he felt truly sorry for including him in the trouble he was about to leap headlong into.
"Come then," he said softly. "Lets find a place."
He chose an inn located as far away from the central palace as possible. He entered quietly, trying to attract as little attention as possible, and purchased a room on the third floor of the literal tree house.
When they reached their room, he considered his inventory. There was nothing excessive on his person, and nothing he might not need, so he did not bother to unpack. However, for Kenji's sake, he made it look like he was. After a few minutes, he made a show of checking his bag, then snorting.
"Out of healing draughts," he said wearily. He walked toward the door, saying, "I'll be right back," as he closed it.
Once out in the hall, he looked quickly about, then trotted down the two flights of stairs. At the last, he withdrew from his bag a black leather cloak which he threw over his shoulders, after looking about one more time to ensure he was alone. Thus covered, he entered the main room.
The innkeeper was cleaning his counter, but didn't raise his eyes once in Caesar's direction. Caesar walked by a man entering, but the man passed him as though he weren't there.
Smiling, now assured of the invisibility cloak's genuinality, Caesar left the inn and made his way toward Lord Rolf Tiera's castle.
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:59 pm

/Eric/Zare/
Zare couldn't help but be surprised at Ash's antisocial attitude. Zare hardly had to say anything to get Ash angry at him. And he'd been perfectly neutral. He reminded himself not to try to accomodate Ash in the future, if he was going to take offense at something as simple as Zare relinquishing decision-making to him.
Zare cringed, realizing he'd accidentally called Ash a Dark Elf. Where had that come from? Zare definitely knew better, and he opened his mouth to correct the misunderstanding, embarrassed for Ash to think he was that ignorant. But then Ash turned to look at him, and Zare realized he was purposely irking him to try to scare him. Refusing to give Ash the satisfaction of thinking he'd be able to scare Zare into apologizing for the slip up, he met Ash's stare, responding with a bored, unimpressed expression. Somehow he was less than horrified at the thought of being killed in Infinite. It wouldn't be the first time, for sure.
Zare bristled a bit at the housecat comment, but he let it roll off his shoulders. After all, in his grogginess he'd somehow managed to categorize Ash as a Dark Elf. That dream must have done something to his head...
Zare stifled a laugh at Ash's last comment. He shoved his hands in his pockets as they walked, shaking his head at Ash's enigmatic personality. Picking up his pace, he fell into step beside Ash. He wasn't going to follow this guy around like a pet. If they were partnering, they might as well act like it.
"You're really good at that, aren't you? It sounded all sinister and everything," Zare smirked. "Do you use that on everyone you meet? Honestly, this whole betrayal thing must be going to your head. Last I checked, Infinite is a game. Even if I am 'being used', as you put it; so what? I guess to answer your question: It feels...like I'm playing a virtual reality game where I get to do what I want, and no one else's motives really matter to me, and my life isn't going to be drastically influenced by it. As long as I'm getting the enjoyment out of it I want, I really don't care either way. If I'm missing some bigger picture, please enlighten me."

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji yawned when they arrived at the room. It had been a long day, and nagging at the back of his mind, he knew he really needed to log out. He looked up when Regal commented on the healing draughts. He was about to offer some of his own, but figured Regal probably wanted to make sure they were stocked up. So he simply waved and watched Regal leave. But a feeling in his gut, along with Regal's deceptive tendencies, told Kenji that Regal wasn't being completely honest. He thought for a moment, looked at the time, and sighed. Well, if Regal was just going to get some healing items, it wouldn't take very long, and Kenji might as well tag along before logging off.
Kenji quietly opened the door, deciding it would be funner to stalk Regal than to outright announce his presence. Kenji blinked in surprise when he didn't see Regal anywhere. It hadn't been long enough since Regal left the room for him to be gone, had it? Kenji ran to the staircase, looking down. No sign of Regal. Kenji took the stairs two at a time, looking around when he arrived at the bottom. He scrunched up his brow.
"Weird..." He said aloud to himself. He shrugged, looking at the time again. "Ah, well. He should be back soon enough. I really need to log off." And with that, he returned to the room and logged off, suddenly uncomfortable in Regal's absence.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:54 am

"No sudden movements. Slowly reach forward and put your hands on your desk, then stand up."
Griff silently complied, knowing full well he had no advantage here, and was not going to be magically healed or respawn this time.
"Good, now turn and face me. Slowly."
The person behind him said, and Griff slowly, ever so slowly, turned to face the unseen intruder.
He was tall, and dressed in pitch black clothing, the only exposed parts of him were his face and hands. In one hand, held at slightly below chest level, the man was holding a black handgun, pointed at Griff. But it wasn't the gun that scared Griff, it was the man holding it.
"No, n-no, not you! But, you were... Why?" Griff said, his voice diminishing into a mere whimper.
The dark man grinned slightly, darkly, and before Griff could react, he snapped his empty hand out, grabbed Griff's head by the sides, and slammed him into the wall behind him. Griff cried out in pain, now unable to see because of his eyes being forced shut. "Aaagh! No, stop! Please, Jean!"

Jean looked at Griff, or, Garret, as he was known in this world. Right now, he was struggling against Jean's grasp, trying to get himself free, but Jean was stronger, and wasn't about to let go. He moved the gun in his right hand, putting it to Garret's chest, and the struggling stopped instantly.
"Tell me, Garret, what do you deserve?" He asked, keeping his voice cold and flat.
"P-please, Jean, don't do this, I-I'll do anything, anything!" Garret cried, his voice now on the border of hysteria.
"I asked, what do you deserve, for what you've done?" Jean said, tightening his grip on Garret's face.
"No! S-stop, please! I-I'll confess! I'll turn myself in! Just please, don't kill me!" Garret cried, and Jean saw tears drip from his chin.
Pathetic. He thought, as he turned and threw Garret onto the floor. "That's right, you will turn yourself in, and confess to everything." He said, looking down at Garret, now curled into a pitiable ball, "But first, I want you to tell me something." He crouched down next to Garret, grabbed the man by his nek, and forcefully turned his head to face him. "Where is he?"
Garret' sobbing and shivering stopped, and he looked up at Jean, "You don't want to find him." He said, "He'll kill you, he'll kill me. He'll kill everyone he has to."
Jean scowled, then slammed Garret's head against the floor, "I didn't ask about that! I asked where is he!" He shouted, "I want you to tell me, before I beat it out of you! Now tell me, Garret, where is Aeon?!"
Oddood198

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying