Unwind: Run To Survive

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby Mister » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:14 am

OOC: for those controling Lawrence, Anjali, and alex i believe... i;m going to single post catch up the entire group.

Mac had his men disarm themselves, and dispense the food between the three unwinds. after a little talk he gained their trust, and let them move off to rest. dawn came with little light, above on the roofs the fifth man of Charlie team tossed his smoke off the side of the building and looked down on the alleyway. all was still dark, but he thought that he saw something move in the shadows.

then he saw it, the faintest of a glint off a rifle barrel. he pressed his mic and said, "Mac! get out now! i repeat evac immediately!" a boot heel clicked slightly on the roof behind him. the man spun, his pistol flew into his hand and he leveled it on the men behind him. his first shot took a man in the stomach, too low. suddenly they were upon him, his pistol was knocked from his hands and his hands were bound. he struggled but there was nothing he could do.

below in the house Mac awoke the three unwinds, "get up! we have to move! NOW!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby Nami » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:46 am

OOC: ACK! Everythings slowed down, I'll post again later and make everything exciting! no worries, its still just a baby! XD
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby firestorm » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:27 pm

will be coming back sorry for the inconvience everyone. If you can let me know what's going on so I can jump back in as alex okay?
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Strafe » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:30 am

OOC: Meh. We might as well skip the scene altogether. It's too much hassle trying to be so realistic.

-Justine-

She shrugged. "I'll take whatever responsibility she comes with. Don't worry yourself too much. Is it a problem Ms. Felden?" She looked sarcastically to the sleeping woman on the operating table. "See? She doesn't seem to be objecting, now does she?"

The other surgeon rolled his eyes, and they began.

---

2 hours later, Justine walked back into her office tiredly. "So, how did it go for you, Dr. Toris?" She addressed Ilyana mockingly.

-Julia-

She nodded tiredly. It was a weird situation she was in. Hadn't she just died for Jason? Was this some sort of strange Purgatory that she had to go through before her soul found rest or something? She was dead, she was sure. She had given up her body for Jason, and they removed her brain. Had they retransplanted her brain to another body? She looked at her hands, arms, and legs. They were her own, so she was certainly dead.

Well at least she didn't have to worry for the time being. Anything that happened in this world wasn't really happening. She went to her car door, and opened it. A foul smell assaulted her strongly. She looked disgustedly at the source of the smell. A dead body with a crushed head was lying in her car. Well even for purgatory, that was a surprise. She turned back to Amara and the girl.

"So... Why is there a dead body in my car?"

OOC: This is the real Julia from the piece of her brain that is still in her head, but she seriously believes she is in some sort of strange afterlife dream.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby Nami » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:53 am

OOC: Ok guys! I need to let you know that I can no longer post during the day at my work, its been forbidden sort've by all workers to use the internet unless they are doing official work, so I'll be posting every Monday, Thursday and Friday and I usually takes the weekends off! Thanks, and sorry! I'll try my best and I will succeed!

Also, Fire I'll send you an update soon! sorry for the delay!

IC: Robert let lose a yell and spun around to face the girl, he gasped, remembering all the events of yesterday. "Oh?" he stuttered, "well... alright, I won't tell." he smiled as best he could. He really couldn't figure why she would be so scared...unless... Robert stared at her hard, he had already guessed before she answered.

--------

Riley glanced at Ashley, he felt horrible for what he was doing, but he couldn't stop it. It would be against his orders. He gripped his hands together, trying his best to stop the conflicting feelings that struggled inside of his soul. He dearly wanted to help her, but what could he do? At best he could smuggle her away, then she would be even more wanted and he would be put in jail for treason.

The ride was long and tiring, but he stayed the whole ride, then they reached the camp. Glory Days, it was called. He glared at this camp, never before had he hated the harvesting so much than he did now. This was not a glorious cause, it was murder. Riley felt his blood boil, but on his face was no emotions. Slowly he climbed from the truck and helped Ashley down.

"We can escourt her from here." A smiling man in a suit said.

Riley glowered, "no, I will." as he walked Ashley to the gate, with the flustered man following behind, he spotted something out of the corner of his eye. He paid it no mind at first and escourted her in. "Be safe." he murmured, "Ashley..." he grabbed her arm, "I'm so sorry." His eyes showed the pain that this caused him and he prayed she knew that he really was sorry.

Glory Days was a merry looking place, but even to him, he could smell death.

"Welcome to Glory days!" The man said, "here you will spend your remaining days in peace until you come to be harvested! Harvesting is not a terrible act! You are saving lives by sacrificing yourself." he grinned at all the Unwinds who glowered darkly at him. Ashley was just one of many, and it truly broke Riley's heart.

OOC: Vega, feel free to describe Glory Days from Ashley's view.

--------

OOC: Mister, whats going down eh? o.o;

IC: Anjali darted up, last night she hadn't slept a wink and she had wanted to sleep with Laurence and Alex, not trusting these soldiers, she grabbed Laurence's arm. "Wake up!" She warned, also shaking Alex. "Come on! We have to go." She felt wild instincts she never knew she had kick in, run. They had to run. Anjali glanced at the soldiers, maybe during this chaos they could lose the steel.

"Lets go!"

--------

Amara blinked and stepped outside, he didn't really want to know but in the end, he had too. Amara strode to the car and backed up so fast, he nearly hurled at the sight of the man. He knew who it was and he gagged at the memory. Then he shook his head, "I don't know." he lied, "let's get him out of there." He spun to the house, "Harley, can you find a shovel?!" He called. "We need to bury this guy."

Somewhere far away, Amara felt something shake him to his core...somewhere something had happened. He looked to the sky and far off in the distance, he could see a cloud. Amara stared, he knew that cloud, it was a mushroom cloud, something had been destroyed. His mouth went dry, a bomb.

"Holy..." he muttered.

OOC: Don't worry Vega, keep up with Ashley, then things will get crazy, prepare to meet Devon Clary.

In my next post on Wednesday, if Vega has posted, I'll introduce Devon Clary officially, remember he is a key point in this story, don't worry about anyone else meeting him yet...but remember that eventually, sometime later, later, later, in the roleplay, all the unwinds will have to choose sides.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby acgifford » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:11 am

OOC: Here goes nothing.

-Jake-

The rain poured relentlessly down on Jake as he wndered down the dark alley way. He took a deep breath as he shivered.

Always. Never failed. It always rained when he had no place to go. Jake wrapped his arms around himself trying to stay warm. He was so tired, cold and hungry he could barely stand. Jake turned his head slightly as he observed at the sidewalk beside him. The side of the alleyway was filled with garbage bags. It looked strangely comfortable. He sighed as he looked around him. No looked around himself. No one seemed to be around and he was to tired to care. He slowely sat down amongest the garbage bags, his arms still wrapped arounf himself, and leaned up against the brick wall behind him. He closed his eyes slowly and instantly fell into a deep sleep.
acgifford

Postby Vega » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:16 am

-Ashley-

Step by step she walked thriugh the camp. All this appeared to pain Riley. She wasnt sure what to do. Simply appease to her dark fate or continue her fight.
She continued to walk. Each step sending a shockwave of fear through her body. The fellow unwinds watched her. They looked emotionless and dark. Their was a strong hostility in the air. One of anger, hatred and fear.
The buildings were rather colorful though. Just looking at the architecture one would understand why it was named Glory Days. There were posters all over which read, "The Unwinds Duty". This place was eerie. She heard the people speaking to her but really she heard nothing. Ashley stopped walking and reached over to Riley.
Ashley found it very difficult to speak. Just thinking of what sge would say seemed to take so much out of her. Though she did manage to utter these words to Riley under her breath. "I guess ive reached my stop finally...."
The mind is so complex when your based. 32 levels. Welcome to my world. --Lil B
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Swag like I'm marrow, in my bones. Swag in my bones. Bone Marrow Swag. -- Lil B
Shouts out to Lil B "The Based God".
Vega

Postby Strafe » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:05 pm

-Julia-

She wrinkled her nose in disgust. "Ew. Disgusting." She held her head back and cautiously pulled on the large body's arms. The body didn't move. She called back to the other two. "Hey... a little help?"

No answer.

She looked back to see them staring, transfixed, at something far off in the distance. She looked at it herself. It seemed that a bomb had gone off far away, and a mushroom cloud sprouted up over it. Presumably, in a few moments some sort of shock wave might hit them, but other than that it wasn't really much of a concern. Nobody was real anyways.

She walked up to Amara and waved her hand in front of his eyes. "Uh... hello?"
Strafe

Postby rocklobster » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:20 am

ooc; You forget me, Nami!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Kunoichi » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:36 am

Strafe (post: 1428593) wrote:OOC: Meh. We might as well skip the scene altogether. It's too much hassle trying to be so realistic.

-Justine-

She shrugged. "I'll take whatever responsibility she comes with. Don't worry yourself too much. Is it a problem Ms. Felden?" She looked sarcastically to the sleeping woman on the operating table. "See? She doesn't seem to be objecting, now does she?"

The other surgeon rolled his eyes, and they began.

OOC: Sorry I've been away, life has me in a bit of a hassle.

*Illyana*
She said nothing, figuring words were better than action. She watched as the operator deftly sliced through the sleeping woman's body. She didn't flinch, that was nothing new. She assisted, much to the surprise of the other doctors by definitely getting the materials needed to clamp down on bleeding once the organ had been removed, keeping the blood sucked away so the other surgeons could see.

When the cooler came out and the new organ withdrawn, she felt her stomach churn but said nothing. That was a person, a real person! Her mind screamed at her. She showed nothing, to do so would be dangerous, especially in these circumstances.

Once the organ was replaced successfully, she stepped back allowed others to do the patchwork. She excused herself, stepped out of the OR, snapping the latex gloves and tossing them. She looked down at her scrubs, as expected they were covered in blood.

She sighed, another shower then. Without looking to see if that wretched woman had followed her, she stripped down and jumped in the shower, allowing the hot water to cover her silent tears.
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby Nami » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:12 am

[quote="rocklobster (post: 1430156)"]ooc]

OOC: No I didn't read the top of my post.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby firestorm » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Alex jumps to his feet from the shake and quickly runs to the window. He notices movement on the upper floors and sees the men predisposed by the current events.

Alex looks out the other window towards the back of the house to see if anyone's camped in a neighboring backyard.

Blam!

Alex barely dodges the bullet as he swiftly swerves his head back in the house, relieved it's still on his neck as the television shatters and crackles to the bullet's impact.

He gets on his elbows and thighs and army crawls to the rest of the gang.
We can run and shake these soldier guys now and they won't be the wiser, He thought to himself but if we run we might as well just lay down and die! what to do? what to do? wait...
The proverbial lightbulb has lit.
Alex runs to the other side of the house, at one point baseball sliding as to avoid gun fire. He was right. Small splinters from the debree above him bursted on his skin as he barely makes it before the kitchen cabinet can pancake him. He goes to the storage closet and grabs brooms, shovels, flashlights and stuffs everything he can in his bag to the point of almost overflowing. Long jumping over the cabinet he returns to the group unscathed though he now has bullet holes in his guayavera. He shakes an angry fist at his unseen enemy.

"Tu stupido! Esta es mi favorita guayavera! ARRGGHH!"
(Stupid! This is my favorite Guayavera! Argggghhhh!")

He turns to the group
"Vamos Abajo!" (let's go down!) He gives lawrence an extra shovel then slams his own shovel hard into the wood floors, wedging it between two boards. pushing with all his might he separates the boards and rips out the floor by a half-inch.
This house is raised in case of flood... there are drainage pipes on the side, He thinks as the wheels of his brain cranks If there is drainage pipes there should be manhole near that we can escape through.

After a few more strikes he was able to look under the house and saw a manhole to it's right side.

Blam Blam Blam.

Bullets graze alex's right cheek as he whipped his head around.

"Que Basuda! (What garbage!)"

Hey pulled his head back in the house. he pointed to the side of the house. "Manhole... hay! (manhole there!)" He points to anjali and lawrence, does a striking motion to the floor, then points to the side of the house that the manhole is.

"Tu intiendo? Ju understaand?" he asked.

He then motioned Mac to follow him to the kitchen. He's gonna need the strength of another man besides himself for this next part.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Abrams exited Cains' mansion and entered his limo. On his return home, before entering the car. he leaned over to the driver and spoke to him.

"Sir, he was a tough fight but I think we spooked him a bit. He's willing to co-operate it seems. Here I recorded the conversation in it's entirety," he handed the man the recording device "But I must ask Senator... I received a call from one of our associates saying they had found the other boy you asked for. What's his purpose to all this?"

The Senator Abrams, taking off his driver's cap and facial mask, Smiled a criminal smile. "An Insurance policy my friend. It's an insurance policy."

His cellphone rang as he backed into the driveway.

"Now excuse me, I must take this call.... And get out of my suit. I don't want your dirty grime and mechanic stains all over my nice armani."

the driver looked at him with hurtful eyes. "but... I washed up before we came."

"Some stains stay with you forever." The Senator replied. "Now go."

OOC: Boo yah Mister You didn't know you were talking to a Senator Abrams' double!Did you?! :D
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Nami » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:08 am

OOC: WOOT! Thanks Fire! that was awesome, you had my heart pounding as I tried to figure out what he would do! :3 Good work! Welcome Back.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby rocklobster » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:22 am

Chelsea paused for a moment. Then she slowly picked up her shirt to show the unwound tatoo. "You probably already guessed, but I'm one of them. And no, I didn't deserve it. I've done nothing wrong. Well, except for hacking the files in the hopes that I'd live longer. But is wanting to live so wrong?"
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby firestorm » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:24 pm

OOC: this has slowed down much?

Postby Nami » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:17 am

OOC: crap lost my whole post >> here I go again.

IC: Riley winced inwardly as he heard Ashley's small voice, "I'm so sorry." he leaned over to whisper, "I wish there was something I could do." Riley didn't want to leave Ashley alone in this terrible place, but he felt his superiors eyes on him and he knew he had to go. Riley gently tugged her hand off his arm and he squeezed it. "I'm so sorry." he murmured unable to say anything else, slowly he slipped away from her and walked toward the hummer. As he walked to the back of the hummer he saw someone out of the corner of his eye.

Riley glanced at the men but they were chatting, he slipped into the shadows unnoticed and came around the corner and to his surprise a man was scaling the wall, bare-handed. He almost let out a cry, but realized that would be dangerous, instead he jumped as high as he could grabbing a hold of the person's foot and yanking them down on top of him. Not a good move.

They wrestled with each other, muscle against muscle until the person over-took Riley and he was pinned. Riley opened his eyes and stared at the shocking green eyes, the white hair with green streaks, and the cold calculating face.

"Crosshape." he murmured. The teenager smirked, "you know me?"

"Not personally." Riley said, "just that you are the leader." He felt the cold steel against his neck, he knew this dangerous boy had a knife of some-kind. "Look, I don't want to fight."

"Oh? Is that what you call it?" he said gesturing toward the wall, "and here I thought it was just friendly banter."

"Wait, listen...there...there is girl in there." He said, the teenager paused, "she...she's going to be unwound. Her name is Ashley...help her?"

Devon studied Riley, investigating his eyes and making sure he wasn't lying, then he got off of the soldier, "Well then, you are a strange person."

"I know why your here." Riley stood, brushing himself off, "but... if anything, please help her."

"Alright." He swiftly hid the dagger, though Riley wasn't sure how, "Wait...Tell her...Riley wanted to help."

Devon nodded, "you better get back." he jerked his head, "and don't look back." He lunged onto the wall again and this time moved swifter up the side, Riley wasn't sure how he was doing it, but he was right, he had to get back. He rushed back to the hummer and slid in.

"Ready soldier?"

"Ready." Riley replied.

OOC: Vega, go ahead and post Ashley being in there, getting taken to a room etc. Whatever you want, Devon will come in the next post :3 CHAOS! ((BTW for those of you who haven't figured it out, Devon, Ashley and Riley are in the past ATM, until Devon blows up the unwind place, but don't worry, keep posting XD ))

------

IC: Amara blinked startled by Julia's hand and he turned to her, "what? Don't you see that?! Its a mushroom cloud!" he said pointing, "it means that something somewhere has been destroyed." His rainbow eyes flitted across the sky, whatever or whoever had done it, they meant serious business.

"We need to leave." He grabbed Harley's hand and marched over to the car, cringing. He pulled his shirt over his nose and mouth, "alright, let's get him out." he grabbed the boots and yanked the huge man hard, tugging him slowly out of the car, he didn't expect the girls to help. Amara was strong enough to at least get him from the car. The dead body hit the ground with a thud and Amara shuddered.

"Let's bury him in the back...fast." He said to the girls.
----------

Anjali couldn't do anything but watch as the gutsy Alex rushed through the gun-fire. "Are you crazy!" She hollered, "Alex!" a bullet whizzed past her head, skimming her cheek, she didn't scream instead she yanked her head back and pushed herself against the wall.

"You want us to...what?" she asked, bewildered by his actions. "Laurence...what...what's he saying." she shouted over the gun-fire.

OOC: I need to get Nin back in here.

------

Robert Dawson stared, for the first time in his life he was standing in the room with an actual Unwind. His skin began to feel clammy and sweat dripped down his neck. "Oh my." he whispered, gripping the counter-top for support.

"O-Ok... Its fine. Really." he murmured, "don't worry..." he felt his head spin, sure he had had his suspicions but the fact taht she really was one made it all that more stranger. "Oh I need to sit." he stumbled to the sofa and plopped down putting his head between his legs.

"No.. wanting to live isn't wrong." he said, breathing in and out slowly.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Kunoichi » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:03 am

OOC: been away for a bit. Will be checking on it more :)
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

Kunoichi

Postby Lil_Ninja » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:02 pm

OOC: Agghh! I need to post!!

IC: Harley was frozen as her eyes found the dead body in the back seat. She knew who it was, and a wave of nausea swept through her just as the putrid smell of rotting flesh wafted up her nose. She couldn't stand it anymore, she ran to the bushes and started vomiting up any traces of food she still had in her stomach, which wasn't very much considering she hadn't eaten in nearly two days. Her body jerked with dry heaves as tears flooded her eyes.
She had known Earl and his wife personally, and they had even helped her out on more than one occasion.. So the thought that he was now.. A rotting body in the back seat of a psycho's car shook her to the core.
Her body shook as she stood, using the side of the house to balance herself.
She was unable to resist as Amara lead her by the hand towards the car.
Her body and mind was drained. She hadn't slept in two days, the contents of her stomach were now in a bush, she didn't even remember the last meal she had, and mere hours ago she was branded for death. She couldn't do it anymore.
She turned to Amara, trying to avoid the sight of the dead man. "Amara.." Her voice trembled right along with her body. "I-.. I can't do this. I can't-... I can't do it.." She leaned against the car, feeling as if her legs were noodles.
She hadn't even noticed the mushroom cloud in the distance. The only thing running through her mind was Earl's bloody carcass laying outside of the car, and that crazy Julia that would probably kill her also if she had the chance.
She felt sick, her body still trembling. Her head swam and she couldn't seem to find her balance.
She never imagined that the first dead body she would see would be a personal friend of hers.. Especially in such a gruesome state.
With all of her might, she held back the next wave of nausea that hit her. She wouldn't be able to handle another trip to the bushes.

~~~

Laurence was startled by the sudden attack, but he was glad Alex had a plan.
He nodded at the man. "I understand." He told him, then turned to Anjali. "There's a manhole we can escape through. But we have to act fast. Follow me." He kept his tone calm for the girl's sake as he helped her down into the man hole. Bullets flew by his head as he eased down into the hole. He flipped on one of the flashlights Alex had snagged and pointed it at the ankle deep water. Taking note of which way the water was flowing, he started following it deeper into the dark pipe. His theory was that there had to be an opening for the water to flow out of, and that's where they would make their escape.
"Stay close." He whispered to Anjali. The flashlight's ray scanned the pipe as they walked. The only difference he would see would be a rat swimming through the water now and then, which didn't bother him in the least.
"What happened up there?" He asked her as they walked.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby acgifford » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:43 am

OOC: Is this RP gonna move any farther? I hope so.
acgifford

Postby Strafe » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:55 am

-Julia-

She wrinkled her nose at the girl who threw up, but figured that if everything was real, she would probably be at her wit's end too. Luckily, it was all a dream. She sighed and decided to ignore the sound of a retching stomach. If she paid too much attention to it, she would feel sick too.

"Well in any case," Julia said while pulling helplessly on the body, "I don't suppose that mushroom cloud means anything in particular, does it?"

---

-Justine-

She tapped her fingers on her desk impatiently. Where was that girl? It had been quite a while since she had stormed silently out of the OR, and it seemed as if the stress of the operation proved to be too much for the girl. She went to the operating suite showers to see Ilyana's scrubs thrown carelessly to the ground. She smirked, and heard the sound of running water pitter patter gently. She tilted the door open slightly and knocked against it from behind. "Excuse me, Dr. Toris. It may be a bit pretentious to say, but it's not very sightly when your fingers shrivel from being in water for too long."
Strafe

Postby Nami » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:23 am

OOC: Sorry AC! D: I'm coming!! Ahaha.

Does anyone remember Jill? If not, bottom of this post with Bethany. Should help.

@Vega: Don't worry about anything, keep posting with Ashley and then we will be caught up. Devon Clary's coming ^^

IC: The rain poured heavily down on New York city, with all that had just happened, people were in a blind panic about what to do, or where to go. There was no one to be saved at the unwind facility. All the unwinds had been set free, and all the adults had burned. The smell of burning flesh was being washed away from the air, not that anyone in New York could smell it. But they could taste the bile raising in their throats. One citizen however, was not sick. She sloshed through the rain in her torn jeans and tight-shirt, making her way to one of the hide-outs. Yes, the Crosshape had many a hide-out. Jill stopped at an alleyway entrance, a flash of lightning had given her view of a body. Or what she though might be a body. Jill hesitated, then slowly slipped into the alley, her dark brown hair lay plastered to her skull and the swinging ponytail was soaked through.

Jill saw the body again in another flash of light, and she reached out, knife at the ready behind her back and pushed the guy.

"Hey." she said, pushing him again. "You alive?"

---------

The Unwind camp, Glory Days, smelled of rot to the Crosshape leader. He wrinkled his nose as he sat perched on the edge of the wall. The guards were facing the other way and well into the poison induced sleep. Devon put a pair of binoculars to his eyes and he scanned the area. All the Unwinds were being lead into their chambers. He let his mouth quirk. It was almost time.

OOC: QUE VEGA!!

-------

Amara turned to Harley, he was stunned by her reaction before he realized that she had known Earl. He gritted his teeth, of course she was sick! How could he be so insensitive? Amara placed his hands on Harley's shoulders and he leaned close to her.

"It's Ok, we'll be OK. You can do it. Just take a break, go sit inside." he murmured, trying to comfort her. "I'll bury him." he squeezed her shoulders and pressed his forehead against the back of her head. He hadn't been with her long, but he never liked seeing people suffer, and Harley was such a tough girl, or she had come across that way. Maybe she was just as scared as him.

Amara took a deep breath and moved away from Harley, "what that means Julia, is that someone let loose a bomb." he moved to Early's body and grimaced, he yanked his jacket off and threw it over Earl's face. It was easier to bare. "Which either means a terrorist, or someone bombed an unwind factory." he gritted his teeth as he hauled Earl's upper-body into his arms.

"Either way, means the nations going to be in a panic. Which spells trouble for us." he pulled Earl across the dusty ground and to the back of the house, he let him down gently, snatched up the shovel and starting digging as quickly as he could. They couldn't linger here, not if the security was being tightened. Amara felt sweat trickle down his skin, not from the sun or work, but from fear, he pushed the screaming panic down and slowed his work. He wouldn't get anywhere tiring himself out like this.

A thought struck him, he had left the girls alone.

-----

Anjali easily slipped into the sewer and tried not to scream as her ankles were delved into the nasty, slimy, gunk in the water. Anjali steered clear of the rat and shuddered. "I'm so sure, one minute it was calm and the next, we were being fired on." she glanced backwards. "Do you think the men are OK?" she asked. Something suddenly skittered up her leg and Anjali, not being able to help it squealed and launched herself at Laurence, she grabbed his back and kicked the rat loose.

Her heart thundered in her chest. "Oh my gosh! I hate rats!" She hissed.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby acgifford » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:52 am

Nami (post: 1433065) wrote:OOC: Sorry AC! D: I'm coming!! Ahaha.

Does anyone remember Jill? If not, bottom of this post with Bethany. Should help.

@Vega: Don't worry about anything, keep posting with Ashley and then we will be caught up. Devon Clary's coming ^^

IC: The rain poured heavily down on New York city, with all that had just happened, people were in a blind panic about what to do, or where to go. There was no one to be saved at the unwind facility. All the unwinds had been set free, and all the adults had burned. The smell of burning flesh was being washed away from the air, not that anyone in New York could smell it. But they could taste the bile raising in their throats. One citizen however, was not sick. She sloshed through the rain in her torn jeans and tight-shirt, making her way to one of the hide-outs. Yes, the Crosshape had many a hide-out. Jill stopped at an alleyway entrance, a flash of lightning had given her view of a body. Or what she though might be a body. Jill hesitated, then slowly slipped into the alley, her dark brown hair lay plastered to her skull and the swinging ponytail was soaked through.

Jill saw the body again in another flash of light, and she reached out, knife at the ready behind her back and pushed the guy.

"Hey." she said, pushing him again. "You alive?"

---------

-Jake-

Jake charged down the wet alley way at full speed. They were after him. Again!! Jake's breath came in short gasps as he tried to swallow his terror.

"He's down there!" some one shouted. He could hear them gaining on him fast. Jake ran past another street and out of nowhere some some men jumped him. He was caught!!!

"NOOO!!" he screamed and struggled. Just then he felt something pushing on him. What was happening. He looked at the men. No...its not them...

"Hey. Are you alive?" said a girl's voice. Jake looked at the men and all around him nothing around him. Where is she?

Just then he realized he was dreaming and he awoke with a gasp. He clasped onto the girls arm. He starred at her with wide eyes. Who is she? Where am I? He looked around him quickly.

"Who are you?!" he demanded.
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Lil_Ninja » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:29 am

Harley sucked in a shaky breath and nodded. "Okay." She left Amara and Julia as she steadily moved up the porch and in to the house. She was seeing a different side of Amara now. A softer one that she had only glimpsed before.
She opened the door and moved to the couch, carefully lowing herself down onto it's tattered cushions. She put her elbows on her knees and leaned her head into her hands.
It seemed like trouble was seeking her out and making every waking moment a nightmare for her. But the nightmare started long ago, before she could even remember. And she was battling with it ever since. Life never seemed to give her a break.
She was grateful for Amara though. He literally was the only friend she had right now, and she knew it.

~~

"I'm sure they'll be fine." Laurence told Anjali, though he really wasn't too sure.
He spun around at the sound of the girl's scream and almost laughed when he figured out why. "Don't worry, we'll be out of here soon enough." He told her, putting his hand on her shoulder. "Would you like me to carry you, or do you think you'll be able to handle walking amongst rats?" He asked with a smile, almost in a teasing way. Though there was a hint of seriousness to his question. If he carried her, they would be able to get out of the pipe faster, and it would avoid her screaming again and having a chance of them getting caught or followed.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Nami » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:06 am

OOC: I love quick replies <3 ~ I am planning something for our characters for Halloween (just started) I may not get them all! D: but I'll dearly try!

IC: Jill sprang back a little at Jake's sudden reaction, she gripped the knife behind her back. If this guy was a nut-case she was gone. "Who am I? Shouldn't you be more concerned about why the heck you are in this alley? Sleeping around..." she sniffed, "nasty trash bags." she arched a brow at him.

"Really, you should get your priorities straight." Jill's whole body was tensed for action, if he went loony she would slice him.

-------

Anjali looked up at Laurence and considered this, if she allowed him to carry her it would make her look weak, but the very idea of the rats made her ill, plus if she screamed again they could be caught. She shuddered.

"Ok, as much as I hate doing this... you can carry me." she murmured, not looking Laurence in the eye.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby acgifford » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:49 am

-Jake-

Jake clenched her arm harder and gritted his teeth stightly but took notice of his surroudings. Thats right... He thought. I fell asleep so carelessly. He looked again at the girl and loosened his grip of her and let his hand drop. He relaxed slightly. He was so drained. He staired at the ground.

"Listen...Um...Just leave me alone alright?" he said sounding rather tired and depressed.
acgifford

Postby Strafe » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:05 pm

-Julia-

She rolled her eyes as she cleaned the blood in the backseat. It had dried and hardened, caking into a sort of dark red paint on the vinyl seats. But none of it was coming off. She sighed and threw down the towel she was cleaning with. It was no use, and it didn't matter anyways.

She got out of the car and wiped her brow with her forearm. The girl had went inside. A rather annoying girl, but Julia supposed that it wouldn't be any harm to get to know her to kill time. It didn't matter either way. She went inside the house.

The girl had her head in her hands, motionless. Julia looked at her inquisitively for a moment. "Uh... hey. What's up?" It was really all she could come up with to say.
Strafe

Postby firestorm » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:32 pm

Nami (post: 1433065) wrote:
Anjali easily slipped into the sewer and tried not to scream as her ankles were delved into the nasty, slimy, gunk in the water. Anjali steered clear of the rat and shuddered. "I'm so sure, one minute it was calm and the next, we were being fired on." she glanced backwards. "Do you think the men are OK?" she asked. Something suddenly skittered up her leg and Anjali, not being able to help it squealed and launched herself at Laurence, she grabbed his back and kicked the rat loose.

Her heart thundered in her chest. "Oh my gosh! I hate rats!" She hissed.

Aye, No Pera! (Wait!) Alex screamed as he saw the two drop through the hole without them. He unscrewed the last screw on the refrigerator door. Mac come with me! We'll use this to shield ourse....

Bracca-Bracca-Bracca!!!

OoO....

Crimson dripped from the side of alex's head.. he reeled back in fear as his body fell to the floor. A world of memories came back to him in a flash as his head hit the hardwood...

Times when he was young, playing a game, and seeing himself in a no-win situation, cried and ran into another room decorated with linens hanging on the wall all over strings traversing this way and that... all clothing waiting to be cleaned... all clothing waiting to be mended. He remembered Mama Carmen's kind and tender reply to his plea of help.She smiled a wrinkly smile. "The heavenly Father never gave up on us, no matter the situation, even to point of sacrificing his Own Son. Your Father never gave up on fighting to protect us, even to the point of near-death..." She said with a sigh "And I will not and haven't given up on any of these children that stay with me, Not as long as I have breath in this body."she said. The sounds of war can be heard faintly from the room. The room was located deep in the small 2-story orphanage. But anything could seem like a Castle in the mind of a child. Similarly shouts of revolution and screams of pain sounded as if far off, as if in a neighboring country.
She continued to console the child."So do not worry young one, if It's the Lord's Will for you to win, he will grant you the wisdom to win. Don't ever give up, God always reveals a way and remember that light is always there, even in the darkest cave."

The Boy felt comforted at the thought and wiped the tears from his eyes. But his mind went distant to another matter when she brought up the subject of his father. Sadness came over at the thought of him being in the Intensive Care unit at the nearby clinic.

She looked over him and lifted his face and held him tightly as she began to comfort him "Your father is a brave man. I'm sure he'll be okay and back in your arms. You should be very proud of him. He came to as a child with nothing and as a man made a life for himself. A full life with a family, with a deep relationship with God, and with calling to give back to the community in every way possible, including joining the fight to save it from terrorists and guerrilla groups. At least you have a father who cares about you enough to place you here while he fights for his country and our safety... He'll be fine you'll see.."

The phone rang on the wall. Shaking from the vibrations it quickly feel off it's base dangling by it's cord. She shoved the clothing off the side and, as fast as her age can take her, and she grabbed the phone and lifted to her small ear.

"Hello... Oh Yes Doctor I'm fine how are you? Good good God is blessing us very much, you know, I've been praying for you so we can have a chance to speak about God more and..."

Her eyes went wide.

"Say that again?"

Her eyes now were heavy, as if with a sudden burden.
.... what happened?"

her lips quivered.
"I....I understand... I'll tell the boy when he's ready... Thank you Doctor... Good bye... God bless... yes... we'll still talk later... bye..."

She turned to the boy with eyes filled of shock.
"... looks... looks like you'll be staying with us for a little while longer..."

She rushed Alex out of the room and locked the creaky chipped door behind him. Placing his ear to the door he heard the cries of woman who had lost a child... one who was like a son to her... His Father...

At that moment he was in the darkest cave he had ever been in, and the Castle suddenly seemed that much smaller.

But despite all he went through Mama Carmen's words still rang true.

bullet's still whizzing by and his body laying on the hardwood, he opened his eyes with these words burning in his heart:

"So do not worry young one, if It's the Lord's Will for you to win, he will grant you the wisdom to win. Don't ever give up, God always reveals a way and remember that light is always there, even in the darkest cave."

He got up and attempted to lift the heavy door with Mac's help, but right before he twitched and held hand to see the source of the bleeding. He felt a rather jagged chunk of his ear dangling on the side of his head, but no bullet wounds He gave glory to God as they carried the door and forced it down the hole in the house. He continuely recited this verse as he army crawl, dragging the door behind them:

Jer 29: 10-14
10 This is what the LORD says: "When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my gracious promise to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. [b] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

He thought this verse was interestingly appropriate due to the circumstances.

Using the door as protection from the bullet they struggled toward the manhole, once in a while, occasionally, fumbling due to the impact of the bullets to the door. Wedging the door over the manhole and between the two houses the continued to climb down the manhole and caught up to the group. This is just the beginning of their troubles.

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:14 am

*Illyana*

Get away from me, she wanted to scream. This woman! She was seriously beginning to re-think this idea. She counted to 5 in her head and turned off the water. She put on a pair of scrubs to at least have something to wear and stepped out, grabbing the tossed clothes and putting them in the hamper.

"It hasn't been that long, Doctor," Illyana made a show of holding up her hands, "See no wrinkles."

Kunoichi

Postby Strafe » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:41 pm

-Justine-

"Well that's fine, I suppose, but it's really of no consequence either way," she said, nonchalantly. "Do what with your fingers as you will. What I really came for was to tell you that there is a considerable amount of paperwork waiting for you in my office. Legal documentations, official records and whatnot. It's never good to let that hang, so get dressed properly, and come back soon."

Without another word or social formality, she turned and walked off back into her office.
Strafe

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:18 pm

Strafe (post: 1433277) wrote:-Justine-

"Well that's fine, I suppose, but it's really of no consequence either way," she said, nonchalantly. "Do what with your fingers as you will. What I really came for was to tell you that there is a considerable amount of paperwork waiting for you in my office. Legal documentations, official records and whatnot. It's never good to let that hang, so get dressed properly, and come back soon."

Without another word or social formality, she turned and walked off back into her office.

OOC: Strafe had me giggling at "Do with your fingers as you will" lol

*Illyana*

Warning bells rang in Illyana's skull. She forced herself to take a deep breath and calm the silent panic.

She cleaned up any blood and grime remnants and followed Justine to her office. She felt thoughts and feelings swirl around her tired brain. Before entering, she had quickly swiped a few empty syringes and gauze. You never knew when it could come in handy.

She came into the office; angled the chair so it was by the door and strategically gave her a clear view of her surroundings.

"So what am I filling out exactly, doctor?" She eyed the documents, not yet sure if she would actually do it or not.

Kunoichi

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying