Unwind: Run To Survive

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby Vega » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:21 pm

-Ashley-

She began to feel rather uneasy. She believed that Riley had good intensions but she could tell for sure just yet.
She grasped the waterbottle and took a sip. She didnt want to tell Riley to much.
"Well....things got kindda...complicated so I had to.....relocate"
The mind is so complex when your based. 32 levels. Welcome to my world. --Lil B
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Swag like I'm marrow, in my bones. Swag in my bones. Bone Marrow Swag. -- Lil B
Shouts out to Lil B "The Based God".
Vega

Postby rocklobster » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:29 am

Chelsea looked at the note and at the man. She sighed. For some reason, she felt she could trust this person with a secret.
"Um, I have something to tell you. Something you must swear never, ever, ever, an infinite times to tell anyone else." she said.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Kunoichi » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:25 am

Strafe (post: 1422836) wrote:-Justine-

"Discomfort?" She smirked, slightly interested. "Whatever could you mean by that, I wonder." She scoffed. "Well come along dear, the hospital is right this way." She let go of the girl's hand and walked ahead, appearing as if she had nothing to do with the child. She didn't even look back, expecting entirely for the girl to follow her. She walked into the hospital nonchalantly, strode to the elevator, pushed the button to the 14th floor, and rode up, not even glancing to see if Ilyana was there once. The doors opened, she stepped out, and spoke. "Well, here we are."

OOC: I left it open to leave at any time just in case you were bluffing.

Illyana glanced at the room, noting all the exit points. One window, and a door was about all she had in options. There was of course always the ceiling but she rather not have to go that option.

She placed her small belongings next to the cot, "And if someone enters here, wondering why you have a homeless kid on your cot? What are you going to tell them; that I am a Unwind experiment? Which of course is possible in excuses and reality I assume."

She sat on the cot. Much better than the cement ground she thought. No, she wouldn't sleep but it would be far more comfortable to lay here then out there. She knew what this woman had done and she detested her. Talk about going back on the Hippocratic oath.
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby Strafe » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:21 pm

OOC: I'd like for Justine to say something about what she thinks about the Hippocratic Oath, but all of it's mentioned inside Ilyana's head, so there's nothing to respond to.

-Justine-

"Of course. You're not the first unwind, or rather, homeless child, excuse me, I've ever kept in my office," She said nonchalantly. "Though you are the first girl." She smirked. The boys were quite fun to toy with after all. In many ways. "But you don't have to worry about me doing anything to you, since you're not an unwind, remember? And most of the hospital staff doesn't come near my office... for various reasons." She smiled slyly, perhaps hinting at something best left unsaid. Though she figured most things about her were best left unsaid anyways.

"But enough about me. Tell me about yourself, dear. Actually, don't say anything about yourself so that I don't have to report you. Instead, why don't you tell me what exactly you plan to do with your life from here. You're probably incredibly smart for your age. Wouldn't want someone like you wasted on the streets, right?"

She glared into Ilyana's eyes like a hawk, attempting to penetrate through the girl's facade to get into her intentions. But she couldn't see anything, so she looked away to the wall, disinterestedly, at the plaque of Dr. Lasagna's Hippocratic oath that the hospital had nailed up in every office. Her favorite line read, 'Above all, I must not play at God.'

Too late.

-Julia-

She twiddled her thumbs and whistled to herself, waiting for Amara to get back with her blanket. It was getting late, and she was sleepy. It had been a long day.

OOC: Where is Lil_Ninja?
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby Mister » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:05 pm

OOC: i;m so sorry for not posting guys. my pc broke and i've been fighting a severe fever and sinus infection all week. i'l try to post seriously tomorrow!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby Nami » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:04 am

OOC: I'm not sure Strafe, she was in here earlier reading this thread, but then she disappeared.

@Mister, please, its OK! Don't worry over it.
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Kunoichi » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:37 am

Strafe (post: 1423784) wrote:OOC: I'd like for Justine to say something about what she thinks about the Hippocratic Oath, but all of it's mentioned inside Ilyana's head, so there's nothing to respond to.

-Justine-

"Of course. You're not the first unwind, or rather, homeless child, excuse me, I've ever kept in my office," She said nonchalantly. "Though you are the first girl." She smirked. The boys were quite fun to toy with after all. In many ways. "But you don't have to worry about me doing anything to you, since you're not an unwind, remember? And most of the hospital staff doesn't come near my office... for various reasons." She smiled slyly, perhaps hinting at something best left unsaid. Though she figured most things about her were best left unsaid anyways.

"But enough about me. Tell me about yourself, dear. Actually, don't say anything about yourself so that I don't have to report you. Instead, why don't you tell me what exactly you plan to do with your life from here. You're probably incredibly smart for your age. Wouldn't want someone like you wasted on the streets, right?"

She glared into Ilyana's eyes like a hawk, attempting to penetrate through the girl's facade to get into her intentions. But she couldn't see anything, so she looked away to the wall, disinterestedly, at the plaque of Dr. Lasagna's Hippocratic oath that the hospital had nailed up in every office. Her favorite line read, 'Above all, I must not play at God.'

Too late.

Illyana said nothing as the hawk-like eyes attempted to penetrate her. Not like she could, had to have something inside you to be able to see something. She sat her back to the wall, not intending to sleep.

"Do you really care about what I intend to do? How about I say, 'I plan on taking care of all the misfortunes, treating them and telling them it will be okay? We both know that is not reality.'" Her mouth twisted up in a smirk, "Or I how about, 'I don't intend to keep my life. No one misses a homeless kid'. All in all, does it really matter to you?"

"As far as for that plaque on your wall, which I've memorized by the way, can't be a daughter of a doctor without hearing it preached, regardless of your views, regardless if you have some sick sense of justification, you enjoy what you do. You in fact enjoy playing God." She said this matter of fact, it was true after all. She didn't scare easy and in truth, she knew what she was going to do. She WAS going to help others but she as heck wasn't going to tell this woman that.
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

Kunoichi

Postby Strafe » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:04 pm

-Justine-

She shrugged. "I just thought you really wanted to talk. You seem to have quite a way with words, so I thought I would be nice and let you vomit out your conscience. But it seems there's no need to hear your hopes and dreams for world peace."

She couldn't help but be impressed by the girl's tenacity in her position. It was brave, or otherwise absolutely foolish. Lucky that Justine's patience ran incredibly deep, but this girl's sharp attitude was becoming annoying. She donned a tired expression, as if saying the most natural thing in the world.

"But I'd have to disagree with you about world peace. A very practical way to get rid of all the world's misfortunes would be to get rid of all who carry misfortunes. Essentially, that is accomplished by a near complete and systematic killing of the entire human race. It's not that hard to do that, you see. We have enough nuclear destructive power to deface the earth many times over, enough nuclear power to render the world itself as a non entity."

"Unfortunately, the world isn't very practical, so we won't be seeing world peace for quite some time." She raised her left eyebrow disinterestedly. "Incidentally, the possibility exists. Shouldn't God be the only one to have that power?" She raised her hand with the question, then shrugged. "Wrong. There is no God, and so that line in the oath you refer to is pointless. There is no God to play God at." She tapped the plaque with her fingernails. "Nonetheless, the world has always been in need of a God, someone to create something out of nothing, to decide what is right and wrong. So in my own little way, I do fancy myself a God."

She turned around to face the girl. "I create misfortune, and sorrow out of the foolishness of man. I decided that if there is nothing awaiting me at the end, there is nothing wrong with causing pain to others here. I'm merely toying with the small part of the world that is around me. I don't need to justify myself, since I don't need to be right. I've decided that right doesn't exist."

Her stoic look of unwavering boredom never changed, and she looked to the side. "But such ideas are wasted in arguments with a child. And God has paperwork to do now. Do what you wish. It doesn't matter to me. No one misses a homeless kid, dear."

She sat down at her desk and began jotting down numbers for her patients' files.
Strafe

Postby Nami » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:37 am

OOC: Ok, for the RP's sake, I need to move along a little bit so lets get things progressing. And Mister, go ahead with your posts with Anjali, Alex and Laurence, those can be in past tense until they get closer to the real time events.

IC: Riley nodded, understanding a bit, then the Commander came back over, "Riley, come here." he dragged Riley away and whispered something in his ear, stiffening, Riley glanced at Ashely.

"are you sure?"

"Positive son, I just got confirmation." The Commander looked a bit sad, but Riley wondered if it was just a show. "Fine, I'll deal with it." he turned and walked back to Ashley, "Ms. Murphy? I need you to come with me." he gently took her arm, "you may keep eating." he lead her to a large truck, like the army puts their soldiers in and offered her a hand. "Please get inside."

"Don't treat her so nicely!" One of the soldiers spat, "She's a bloody unwind!"

Riley ignored the man and smiled softly at Ashley. "Don't run," he whispered.

"Did you hear me boy?!" The man grabbed Riley's shoulder and spun him around, "she's an unwind, an unholy little piece of dirt!"

"No, she is still a human, and I will treat her with every ounce respect that I have in my body until the end!" He said back calmly, though his eyes were chilling. The man grunted and stepped away, muttering mutinously under his breath.

--------

Robert Dawson was a cautious fellow, he hardly ever took a step without checking to make sure nothing was under his feet, so when Chelsea spoke that way, he flinched a little inwardly.

"Alright, I promise I won't tell anyone..." he put the coffee cup down and took off his soaked coat, hanging it from the coat-hanger on the back of the door, he ran a hand through his dark chocolate hair and sat down in a chair, loosening his tie. His whole body crawled from his experience with that woman, he shuddered at the memory.

-----

Amara came back with a blanket and placed it next to Julia, "Ok, there you go. Sleep well huh?" he tried to smile, but it fell very short, his lips merely twitched. Then he moved back and sat in a corner, with a cushion behind his head, and he shut his eyes...almost. He had learned a few things from his times on the street, that you never, ever shut your eyes or sleep around an enemy. This training was ingrained in him and he had no problem following through, he just hoped that they would make it through the night.

-----

5:15 a.m. New York City.

Bethany had never been so afraid before in her life, it shivered through her veins and etched down her mind as she sat in the chair, waiting for the live broadcast feed. She could not contain the shivers and her eyes were wide and wild. The substitute for Robert sat down next to her and flashed her that winning smile, had it been any other day, she would have melted at it, but today, today she felt like there was nothing left in the world.

Her heart pounded heavily as something creaked, reminding her of that horrible place she had been tied, the scent of smoke wafted to her nose and she nearly screamed from fright. She realized it was only the lingering scent from someone who had just lit a joint. She breathed out, all her muscles were tight, she didn't know how she could go on. Bethany put a hand on her forehead trying to steady her breathing.

"Are you alright?" the fill-in Robert asked, placing a hand on her shoulder. For some reason this annoyed her.

"Yes...yes I'm fine, just a headache." she tried to smile but her eyes went to his hand and she wanted to slap it away and scream that this was no time to be flirting. People's lives were at stake. Only she felt that if she did, more people would die.

"Are you sure? I can get you something?" he said pleasantly.

"Look, I'm really fine." Bethany looked up at him, "really." she said as earnestly as she could. He nodded and took his hand away.

"Alright people? Are we ready? Good lets go in three..two..." The Camera came on and Bethany put on her plastic smile.

"Good Morning USA! This is Bethany Delia, I know how much you all love Robert, but as most of you know, he is gone doing some research and will return to us soon enough, until then Larry ReWuik will be taking his place! Hi Larry."

"Hi Beth, I must say its an honor to be on this show."

"That's wonderful, we're happy to have you." she continued on following the lines, until suddenly, the words shifted to those awful words that the strange man had spoken, she blinked trying to concentrate, only she couldn't. Those harsh green eyes penetrated her thoughts, and her sister cold stare brought back all the terrible memories.

"Er, I'm sorry...I..." Before she could finish Larry jumped in and finished up the announcements, he took her place saying everything and Beth just smiled as politely as she could.

10:30 a.m. New York.

"Beth, I don't know what happened, but don't let it happen again." Her boss snarled, Beth nodded and left, having no words to say.

"Hey are you OK?" Larry asked, he stood there arms crossed waiting. Bethany looked up at him.

"No...not everything isn't OK." she looked at the clock and then something unbelievable happened. People started to scream and turn on the other TV stations.

Beth's heart beat so fast she thought it might stop, she ran to the screen and pushed past everyone and there on the screen was nothing but smoke...

-----

OOC: OK, Vega, I'm going to PM you what will go down with your character at around this point. Everyone, if you are behind the AM that's fine, just post until you catch up we can leave this hanging until everyone gets to it, please DO NOT RUSH! Just take it nice and easy, build up the momentum to this event OK? ^_^
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Strafe » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:59 am

OOC: That was a great read Nami! Awesome! A little bit of past tense with Julia, just because she hasn't done anything in a while.

-Julia-

She smiled tiredly and yawned, stretching out as she took the blanket. "Thank you mister!" She pulled her hat over her eyes, swaddled herself in the thin blanket tightly, and snuggled up against the couch. She fell asleep quickly, for her innocent conscience had nothing to regret. Her innocent conscience didn't think. But it did dream.

---

The face was there again. It was large and bloody, and smiling with pure joy. But that wasn't a problem. It was sitting at the table with her, drinking apple juice from a bright plastic pretend tea cup. Mr. Snuggles, her favorite teddy bear, was there too. But he didn't like tea, so Mr. Snuggles sat there motionlessly.

Julia giggled, and lifted the teddy bear up from the seat, cuddling with it gleefully. "I'm sorry, Mr. Snuggles. I forgot that you didn't like tea. Here's some coffee!" She took the entire bottle of apple juice and poured it on the teddy bear. Julia gasped. "Oh no Mr. Snuggles! You're all wet!" She took a roll of paper towels and wrapped Mr. Snuggles in it. She giggled. "Now you're a mummy!"

The bloody face took a sip of the apple juice, but the face's psychotic smile couldn't budge, so the apple juice poured out of it's mouth. Julia giggled again. "Aw... I guess you don't like tea either." She put her finger to her chin. "I know, then let's play house! I'll be the daughter, and Mr. Snuggles can be the daddy, and you can be my little brother!" Julia turned around to the table to clean up the tea set.

But I already am

Julia turned back to the face without expression, a trance in her empty eyes.

"I know"

Just then, Julia's father walked in with a baby carriage, with a cooing baby inside. He didn't notice the bloody face that was dripping with apple juice. Her father bent down beside her. "Now Julia, this is Jason, your little brother. I want you to take care of him, okay?"

Julia nodded blankly.

"Okay"

Her father smiled, and watched Julia play for a little while before hearing the phone. "I'll be right back, okay? I just need to take this phone call."

Julia nodded blankly.

The bloody face looked inquisitively at the baby. Slowly, the room faded into blackness. A pitch blackness where only Jason, the face, and Julia stood. Jason made gurgling noises and giggled. The face turned to Julia. The face's crazed expression unchanging.

That's not your little brother

"I know"

I'm your little brother

"I know"

I'm going to eat him, okay?

"Okay"

Good

The face morphed, twisting slowly as it contorted into the Jason that Julia knew. His lips were still bloody from eating the man. Jason walked up to Baby Jason, and lifted him up carefully, cradling him in his arms. The baby Jason cooed.

Then he smiled, revealing his razor sharp teeth. His mouth opened wide, and it grew, larger and larger until his Jaw was the size of the Baby. In one fell swoop the Baby was crushed and torn to pieces. It didn't have a chance to cry out. Jason chewed for a little while, then swallowed. He smiled happily, and turned back to Julia, who's blank trance had not faded. Her empty eyes stared transfixed to the floor.

I ate myself

"I know"

I'm going to eat you next

"Okay"

Jason walked up to her, mouth open even wider this time. Julia stared into his throat and felt herself getting torn to pieces.

---

Julia blinked, staring up at the ceiling. The small house was dark and she was cold, even though she was wrapped so tightly in the blanket. She sat up, and stared at the floor for a little while. She saw the boy from before, laying in the corner. She stood up and walked to him, clutching her blanket for security.

Her hand reached out towards him. Closer. Closer.

She tapped him on the shoulder sheepishly. "H-hey mister. I'm scared. Can I sleep with you tonight?"

OOC: Meant in the absolutely most innocent way possible, though Amara doesn't have to take it that way <_<. Remember, Julia is 16 years old and is quite attractive... if not for her absolute insanity...
Strafe

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:42 pm

Strafe (post: 1424095) wrote:-Justine-

She shrugged. "I just thought you really wanted to talk. You seem to have quite a way with words, so I thought I would be nice and let you vomit out your conscience. But it seems there's no need to hear your hopes and dreams for world peace."

She couldn't help but be impressed by the girl's tenacity in her position. It was brave, or otherwise absolutely foolish. Lucky that Justine's patience ran incredibly deep, but this girl's sharp attitude was becoming annoying. She donned a tired expression, as if saying the most natural thing in the world.

"But I'd have to disagree with you about world peace. A very practical way to get rid of all the world's misfortunes would be to get rid of all who carry misfortunes. Essentially, that is accomplished by a near complete and systematic killing of the entire human race. It's not that hard to do that, you see. We have enough nuclear destructive power to deface the earth many times over, enough nuclear power to render the world itself as a non entity."

"Unfortunately, the world isn't very practical, so we won't be seeing world peace for quite some time." She raised her left eyebrow disinterestedly. "Incidentally, the possibility exists. Shouldn't God be the only one to have that power?" She raised her hand with the question, then shrugged. "Wrong. There is no God, and so that line in the oath you refer to is pointless. There is no God to play God at." She tapped the plaque with her fingernails. "Nonetheless, the world has always been in need of a God, someone to create something out of nothing, to decide what is right and wrong. So in my own little way, I do fancy myself a God."

She turned around to face the girl. "I create misfortune, and sorrow out of the foolishness of man. I decided that if there is nothing awaiting me at the end, there is nothing wrong with causing pain to others here. I'm merely toying with the small part of the world that is around me. I don't need to justify myself, since I don't need to be right. I've decided that right doesn't exist."

Her stoic look of unwavering boredom never changed, and she looked to the side. "But such ideas are wasted in arguments with a child. And God has paperwork to do now. Do what you wish. It doesn't matter to me. No one misses a homeless kid, dear."

She sat down at her desk and began jotting down numbers for her patients' files.

"You know" Illyana responded somewhat sarcastically, "For all your musings of playing God, being God or disbelieving God, it would make more sense if you simply said you were God because you made yourself such. Unfortunately for you, just because you say something, does not make it Truth. Truth will always be Truth despite the words that are twisted or in your case, the beliefs you have."

"As for world peace, that is not a reality that will ever be obtained. I may be your counter part because I, for one, would help those I could. Not for the sake of playing God, but for the sake of being kind to another person's shared humanity." She smiled to herself.

"All things considered, and if circumstances were different, I might have even been willing to learn something from you. Not your beliefs of course, which I find utterly distasteful, but your skills despite all that are near perfection. Unless of course the day you mess up. Well then that just means a natural disaster has happened."

(Strafe, this is going to be interesting lol)

Kunoichi

Postby Strafe » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:07 pm

OOC: I personally think Justine is a little bit dumb. I disagree with her completely, so her beliefs are essentially completely opposite of mine, which makes her fun to write for.

-Justine-

She was done with the girl for now, and focused on her paperwork. It was meaningless to call oneself God, since she already knew that she was in fact, God. It was another circuitous argument about truth and helping people. It didn't matter what real truth was to anyone else, as truth itself was subjective, and by definition, did not exist. There was no need to help anyone, as the definition of a good and moral humanity did not exist either. Humanity was much more appropriately termed as a cause of war rather than goodwill.

She made no move to respond to the naive idealism the girl attempted to hide behind. It was no use if she was that stubborn. But she looked up when the girl mentioned apprenticeship. She raised her eyebrows inquisitively.

"Don't suppose I've never messed up, dear. Everybody messes up, even God." She smirked. "But if you care to, you can come into the operating room with me tomorrow morning for Mrs. Felden's operation. She's just getting a kidney transplant from an unrelated unwind. Unfortunate, since family affairs do make interesting stories."

She finished writing the notes, and put her pen down. The clock read 2:10 AM. She stacked up her files and put them in the drawer, locked it, then grabbed her coat, donning it smoothly. She wrapped her scarf loosely around her neck and grabbed her car keys, heading out the door.

"It's late and I'm going home for a little bit. You're welcome to sleep there if you want. There's nothing to steal here, and you can ask a nurse to bring you a blanket or something. If all goes well, I expect to see you tomorrow."

She waved, then headed out of her office, shutting the door behind her.
Strafe

Postby Lil_Ninja » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:47 pm

OOC: SHOOT! I had typed up a post, but apparently, it never posted x_x
Forgive me, fellow RPers! XP
I'll try to fit in what I had wanted to say with Harley in between conversations, if that's okay.

IC: Harley was silent as Amara spoke to her. She wanted to speak her mind to him, but one of the things that the disciplinary school beat into her was to bite your tongue.
She sighed, moving to the side so he could pass her with the blanket.
When he moved away from the girl, she took that opportunity to talk to him.
She crouched down next to him and spoke in a low voice so Julia wouldn't be able to listen in.
"Look, I get what you're trying to do, but I don't understand why we can't just take a more direct approach and tie her up and leave her here for the cops to find." She paused, studying his expression. "Whether I like it or not.. I know that I have to trust your judgment. And I do, though I don't fully understand it. But if she goes psycho on us..." She left it at that, letting him fill in the gap. She got up and headed for the opposite corner, clutching her wooden weapon.
She didn't want to approach the couch the girl was on to get a pillow from it, so she leaned against the wall and tried to get comfortable.
Tonight, she was determined not to sleep. She wasn't going to let a psycho sneak up on her when she least expected it, and attack.
So she saw when Julia crossed the room to talk to Amara, and she had her wooden board ready just in case the girl went psycho again.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Kunoichi » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:49 pm

Strafe (post: 1424259) wrote:OOC: I personally think Justine is a little bit dumb. I disagree with her completely, so her beliefs are essentially completely opposite of mine, which makes her fun to write for.

-Justine-

She was done with the girl for now, and focused on her paperwork. It was meaningless to call oneself God, since she already knew that she was in fact, God. It was another circuitous argument about truth and helping people. It didn't matter what real truth was to anyone else, as truth itself was subjective, and by definition, did not exist. There was no need to help anyone, as the definition of a good and moral humanity did not exist either. Humanity was much more appropriately termed as a cause of war rather than goodwill.

She made no move to respond to the naive idealism the girl attempted to hide behind. It was no use if she was that stubborn. But she looked up when the girl mentioned apprenticeship. She raised her eyebrows inquisitively.

"Don't suppose I've never messed up, dear. Everybody messes up, even God." She smirked. "But if you care to, you can come into the operating room with me tomorrow morning for Mrs. Felden's operation. She's just getting a kidney transplant from an unrelated unwind. Unfortunate, since family affairs do make interesting stories."

She finished writing the notes, and put her pen down. The clock read 2:10 AM. She stacked up her files and put them in the drawer, locked it, then grabbed her coat, donning it smoothly. She wrapped her scarf loosely around her neck and grabbed her car keys, heading out the door.

"It's late and I'm going home for a little bit. You're welcome to sleep there if you want. There's nothing to steal here, and you can ask a nurse to bring you a blanket or something. If all goes well, I expect to see you tomorrow."

She waved, then headed out of her office, shutting the door behind her.

(OOC: :) Still makes it fun for her as a character).

Illyana sighed, well maybe going to the dark side would be best. Would also help her learn more. If anything, she could use her knowledge against the very people out to kill her. The Unwind was dead, what did it matter anymore if she watched the surgery or not.

She decided before she let her eyes slip into a light sleep that she would indeed do just that. As they say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Kunoichi

Postby Nami » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:54 pm

OOC: Strafe that was so disturbingly awesome.

@Nin: Its all good :3

IC: Amara didn't speak when Julia came near him, his eyes opened and he stared up at this girl who looked, well frankly, not much older than him. But there was something strange about her, a sort of childishness that made her seem less of a teenager. Amara felt his soft side telling him to let her sit with him, it wouldn't hurt anything, while his stone-cold side warned him of the danger of letting such a person get that close to him, someone who could kill him.

Amara studied her eyes and saw something there; fear. This girl didn't consider herself a teenager, she was a child. He sighed heavily, torn between the fear of her and the need to comfort those who are upset.

"Ok, you can sit next to me." He murmured, waving at the ground. He watched her, and realized that she was very beautiful, only...the strangeness that seeped from her being froze that beauty and made it impossible to see.

Amara shifted his eyes to Harley and with a flicker so quick with his hand, he warned her to stay alert in case something should happen. He didn't know why she trusted him, but he had to trust her too. He smiled a little at Harley, trying to reassure her and then looked back at Julia.

"Well, go ahead."

OOC: Ahaha, after all of Amara's days on the street, he can tell a wild cat from a scared kitten, ^_^ and he knows both are dangerous yet he still tries to be a good boy. ahhaha
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Strafe » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:11 pm

OOC: Is it ok if I take us to the morning?

-Julia-

She nodded embarrassedly. "Um... Ok..." She sat down awkwardly beside the boy, and nestled against the corner, trying not to nestle against him. She blushed girlishly when their shoulders brushed. The boy didn't even seem to care. She giggled awkwardly. "Sorry."

She turned away from the boy, and closed her eyes. Again, she quickly fell asleep.

---

No one was there this time. It was the same pitch blackness, but she was alone.

"Hello? Is anybody there?" The child Julia called out to the oblivion.

No answer.

"Anybody?" Julia hugged herself nervously. "I'm scared..."

So am I

Julia perked up and looked around. "Who said that?"

You did

Julia gulped. "Me?"

Yes. I ate you. I am you. You ate yourself.

Julia cried out nervously. "N-no! You're w-wrong. I'm Julia!"

Don't lie Jason. You are me.

"I'm Julia! Julia! I-I" She began to cry.

The voice began to speak again, but was interrupted. Footsteps began to sound in the darkness as a girl walked to her. She was older, taller than she was and walked confidently with self assurance. A smirk was on her face, and her striking blue eyes stared forward unwaveringly. The girl noticed her and her gaze softened. She walked up to Julia and put her hand on her head.

"You have it tough kid. Why don't I take over?"

Julia sobbed. "B-but... but..."

The older girl smiled knowingly, and gently calmed Julia. "Shh. Just be quiet for now, ok?"

Julia wiped her eyes, and sniffled. "Ok... But who are you miss?"

"I'm Julia"

---

Light hit her face as she woke up on a cold floor, embracing a boy she had never seen before. She blinked, rubbing her eyes groggily, trying to orient herself. A girl was sitting at the other corner, and the house she was in seemed dead. She smirked, addressing the boy she was up against without moving.

"Who are you and what did we do last night? And why don't I have a massive hangover right now?"

OOC: For those of you confused, Julia had another personality change, back to only the original Julia. She's completely normal... probably.

-----

-Justine-

Back to work it was, though the dream she had last night was rather peculiar. It was about that girl she had transplanted the brother's brain into. Well, most of his brain. She had left a small piece of the girl's brain, just to be funny. If all went well, the girl was most likely having terrible personality issues. She didn't remember what happened in the dream, but her curiosity of finding the girl was piqued again.

Back into the hospital it was, then. She walked into her office pointedly. "Rise and shine beautiful. I hope you had a pleasant nap, because I certainly didn't." She unlocked her drawer and took out the files. "Now. Today, we are looking at Mrs. Felden as I told you last night. She needs a new kidney because she is diabetic, and the oh so generous Mr..." She checked the other file. "Mr. Jacob Simmons has been so kind as to donate his kidney for this woman. Unfortunately, he died in the operation, so they figured they might as well use his entire body while they were at it."

She paused and let the silence hang before she smirked. "I was being sarcastic dear. He was unwilling to donate anything. They just killed him anyways."

She clapped her hands together. "So, shall we start?"

OOC: Perhaps Ilyana knows a boy named Jacob Simmons who "died in a car accident." That would be... depressing.
Strafe

Postby Kunoichi » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:54 pm

Strafe (post: 1424794) wrote:OOC: Is it ok if I take us to the morning?

-Julia-

She nodded embarrassedly. "Um... Ok..." She sat down awkwardly beside the boy, and nestled against the corner, trying not to nestle against him. She blushed girlishly when their shoulders brushed. The boy didn't even seem to care. She giggled awkwardly. "Sorry."

She turned away from the boy, and closed her eyes. Again, she quickly fell asleep.

---

No one was there this time. It was the same pitch blackness, but she was alone.

"Hello? Is anybody there?" The child Julia called out to the oblivion.

No answer.

"Anybody?" Julia hugged herself nervously. "I'm scared..."

So am I

Julia perked up and looked around. "Who said that?"

You did

Julia gulped. "Me?"

Yes. I ate you. I am you. You ate yourself.

Julia cried out nervously. "N-no! You're w-wrong. I'm Julia!"

Don't lie Jason. You are me.

"I'm Julia! Julia! I-I" She began to cry.

The voice began to speak again, but was interrupted. Footsteps began to sound in the darkness as a girl walked to her. She was older, taller than she was and walked confidently with self assurance. A smirk was on her face, and her striking blue eyes stared forward unwaveringly. The girl noticed her and her gaze softened. She walked up to Julia and put her hand on her head.

"You have it tough kid. Why don't I take over?"

Julia sobbed. "B-but... but..."

The older girl smiled knowingly, and gently calmed Julia. "Shh. Just be quiet for now, ok?"

Julia wiped her eyes, and sniffled. "Ok... But who are you miss?"

"I'm Julia"

---

Light hit her face as she woke up on a cold floor, embracing a boy she had never seen before. She blinked, rubbing her eyes groggily, trying to orient herself. A girl was sitting at the other corner, and the house she was in seemed dead. She smirked, addressing the boy she was up against without moving.

"Who are you and what did we do last night? And why don't I have a massive hangover right now?"

OOC: For those of you confused, Julia had another personality change, back to only the original Julia. She's completely normal... probably.

-----

-Justine-

Back to work it was, though the dream she had last night was rather peculiar. It was about that girl she had transplanted the brother's brain into. Well, most of his brain. She had left a small piece of the girl's brain, just to be funny. If all went well, the girl was most likely having terrible personality issues. She didn't remember what happened in the dream, but her curiosity of finding the girl was piqued again.

Back into the hospital it was, then. She walked into her office pointedly. "Rise and shine beautiful. I hope you had a pleasant nap, because I certainly didn't." She unlocked her drawer and took out the files. "Now. Today, we are looking at Mrs. Felden as I told you last night. She needs a new kidney because she is diabetic, and the oh so generous Mr..." She checked the other file. "Mr. Jacob Simmons has been so kind as to donate his kidney for this woman. Unfortunately, he died in the operation, so they figured they might as well use his entire body while they were at it."

She paused and let the silence hang before she smirked. "I was being sarcastic dear. He was unwilling to donate anything. They just killed him anyways."

She clapped her hands together. "So, shall we start?"

OOC: Perhaps Ilyana knows a boy named Jacob Simmons who "died in a car accident." That would be... depressing.

Illyana rubbed her eyes. At the sound of the name Jacob, her blood ran cold. She knew him. Same class when she was in 3rd grade. Good family. Church family. They were always saying how Jacob was a great kid, would do so much in his life. He had disappeared one day but she figured it was just him moving or something trivial. How did he end up as a Unwind? Did he commit some "sin" in his parents eyes?

She sat up without a word, her pallor whiter than usual but now allowing her face to betray emotion. She stood, took the little amount of things she had and looked at the woman, "Not like Unwinds have a choice anyways right? At least you don't cover it with nice words like "harvesting" for the greater good. So am I watching or assisting?"

Kunoichi

Postby Nami » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:10 am

OOC: No worries Strafe, go for it! :3

IC: Amara, somehow in the middle of the night had let his guard down and fallen asleep, which is why when he woke up and Julia was addressing him and he saw there was a huge change in her eyes, face and body language, he realized...she did have a personality disorder.

"Uhh... First off, I'm Amara, Julia. I'm not surprised you don't remember me. And second, we didn't do anything. And third, I can't explain the hang-over bit." Amara shrugged and slowly looked down at her arms around him. How had they gotten there? He pulled out of her embrace and moved over toward Harley.

"Harley?" he whispered brushing her shoulder with his fingertips.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Lil_Ninja » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:48 am

Harley fought the strong urge to sleep that was pulling at her eyes. She couldn't though, not now that Amara could be in danger.
As the hours passed, and the once dark room began to fill with the sun's morning rays, she couldn't even feel her body beginning the journey into slumber. But it happened nonetheless.
As she dreamed, an endless fear filled her mind. Her thoughts were wrecked with terrors from her past and present, things that seemed to weigh down on her with a back-breaking force. She couldn't escape the ever looming thought that her life would soon be cut short by a brutal means.
She jolted awake, startled and disoriented by her unfamiliar surroundings. She realized that she must have fallen asleep for a couple of minutes. As her eyes focused, her memory cleared up. But remembering now that they were still in the same house as a killer didn't necessarily comfort her. She huffed, using the board she still clutched to help her up. "Glad to see you're still breathing." She joked groggily, not even bothering to smile at her own humorous remark.
She straightened her clothes and attempted to fix her short burgundy hair, looking a little more presentable after. "What's up?" She asked Amara, quickly glancing around him to see that Julia was still there.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby rocklobster » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:59 am

ooc: I guess we're on morning then.
Chelsea woke up with the sun. She noticed that the reporter was still asleep. She decided not to wake him and quietly went over to her duffel bag to get some clothes. She then entered the bathroom and locked the door behind her out of habit before undressing for her shower.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Strafe » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:06 pm

-Julia-

She shrugged. "Huh. I guess you chickened out. Too bad. You're pretty cute." She said, smirking somewhat suggestively. "Or maybe you're lying. But I guess it doesn't really matter. I don't remember what did or didn't happen anyways, and I guess I'll have to go get tested later on..." She stretched out her back and yawned. "In any case, I have a few other questions, Amara, if that's your name. Where are we, what are we doing, and who is that angry looking girl with the plank?"

She looked at the girl blankly, half wondering if she was perhaps in any danger.

-Justine-

"Glad to see you know the way the world works," she said humorlessly, while walking down the hallway. "But you seem a bit pale. Are you quite alright? Wouldn't want you vomiting in the OR." She smirked mockingly. "Or perhaps this Jacob means something to you? I can tell you he means a lot to me. It was hard looking for Mrs. Felden's blood type, that's for sure. Mr. Simmons here was a real life saver. Except he was already dead."

"Aside from that, I can't let you into the operating theatre until you properly cleanse yourself. Well... in the state you're in, you're probably already a biomedical hazard." She didn't show signs of disgust, but rather. "The staff showers are over there. Go shed at least few layers of skin. The Operation is in an hour, and I expect to see you in the operating suite in 40 minutes."

She waved Ilyana off lazily, and headed to the staff lounge to make herself some coffee.
Strafe

Postby Nami » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:55 am

OOC: Rock, if she locked the door how the heck is our plan going to go down?

IC: Amara nodded, "not much," he winced, trying to ignore Julia's words, he turned to face her slowly. "Yes, my name is Amara. As to where we are, somewhere in California, probably near the border." he glanced around the shack and stepped toward the couch, "we..." he paused, "we are going somewhere." he said shrugging and sitting on the couch arm, he pulled off his hood, revealing his hair and stark rainbow eyes, he ran a hand through his messy hair. "That girl, is my companion on this crazy escapade, Harley." he glanced at Harley and let his mouth quirk into a smile before he pulled the hood back up. "We need to get moving soon."

-------

Robert blinked and groaned, 'morning already?' he felt as if last night had been a dream, that crazy surgeon, that weird girl...had he dreamed it all? he blinked and sat up yawning and rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "Oh man...coffee." he mumbled, stumbling out of the bedroom and into the tiny kitchen, he started to brew coffee and then realized something.

Slowly he turned and saw a blanket on the couch, Robert blinked, "whu?"
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby rocklobster » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:23 am

Nami (post: 1425544) wrote:OOC: Rock, if she locked the door how the heck is our plan going to go down?

IC: Amara nodded, "not much," he winced, trying to ignore Julia's words, he turned to face her slowly. "Yes, my name is Amara. As to where we are, somewhere in California, probably near the border." he glanced around the shack and stepped toward the couch, "we..." he paused, "we are going somewhere." he said shrugging and sitting on the couch arm, he pulled off his hood, revealing his hair and stark rainbow eyes, he ran a hand through his messy hair. "That girl, is my companion on this crazy escapade, Harley." he glanced at Harley and let his mouth quirk into a smile before he pulled the hood back up. "We need to get moving soon."

-------

Robert blinked and groaned, 'morning already?' he felt as if last night had been a dream, that crazy surgeon, that weird girl...had he dreamed it all? he blinked and sat up yawning and rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "Oh man...coffee." he mumbled, stumbling out of the bedroom and into the tiny kitchen, he started to brew coffee and then realized something.

Slowly he turned and saw a blanket on the couch, Robert blinked, "whu?"

OOC: Never mind, I'll go back to the original idea. Sorry.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Kunoichi » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:40 pm

Strafe (post: 1425069) wrote:-Julia-

She shrugged. "Huh. I guess you chickened out. Too bad. You're pretty cute." She said, smirking somewhat suggestively. "Or maybe you're lying. But I guess it doesn't really matter. I don't remember what did or didn't happen anyways, and I guess I'll have to go get tested later on..." She stretched out her back and yawned. "In any case, I have a few other questions, Amara, if that's your name. Where are we, what are we doing, and who is that angry looking girl with the plank?"

She looked at the girl blankly, half wondering if she was perhaps in any danger.

-Justine-

"Glad to see you know the way the world works," she said humorlessly, while walking down the hallway. "But you seem a bit pale. Are you quite alright? Wouldn't want you vomiting in the OR." She smirked mockingly. "Or perhaps this Jacob means something to you? I can tell you he means a lot to me. It was hard looking for Mrs. Felden's blood type, that's for sure. Mr. Simmons here was a real life saver. Except he was already dead."

"Aside from that, I can't let you into the operating theatre until you properly cleanse yourself. Well... in the state you're in, you're probably already a biomedical hazard." She didn't show signs of disgust, but rather. "The staff showers are over there. Go shed at least few layers of skin. The Operation is in an hour, and I expect to see you in the operating suite in 40 minutes."

She waved Ilyana off lazily, and headed to the staff lounge to make herself some coffee.

OOC: Sorry been out of town. Won't really be up and running until Weds.

Illyana nodded without a word. She stepped into the shower, tossed her clothing in the trash and started to scrub. At first the muck and grime barely came off. She repeated and repeated, her skin being rubbed raw. Not that she really cared. If this woman wasn't going to report her as an Unwind, regardless of the situation, what better way to help other people than to learn more. It may be a twisted world but it is the one she lived in.

She donned a long green outfit to cover up any evidence of being an Unwind, then the blue OR smocks. She would have to scrub up again in the other room regardless.

She didn't have a tag, but it didn't seem like anyone seemed to notice it. She figured if asked, she would explain who she was with and that it was part of her education into becoming an eventual surgeon as a Unwind Specialist. They were doing "fast track" programs now and being a doctor's child, well she may not have done many surgeries but she certainly watched enough to be of some assistance. She was there to learn.

Jacob was dead, she could either accept that or might as well stop now. People were being murdered, and if she broke now, she would never be able to be of use to anyone. So calloused walls back in place, she waited in a chair next to the sliding glass doors that would lead the a room to scrub in and the waiting patient who would take a murdered person's organs.

Kunoichi

Postby Strafe » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:38 pm

-Julia-

"Hm... You have nice eyes," She said disinterestedly, not caring if Harley heard. "You seem wasted on that girl. I personally wouldn't date a girl that's clutching a dangerous looking board. She might be a psycho or something." (OOC: If only you knew, Julia... If only you knew...) "But I guess you two work together... somehow..." She stood up, and brushed off her clothes, feeling stiff and sore. "So... we're leaving, right? Do we have a ride?"

-Justine-

She walked through the door, also in scrubs, to where Ilyana sat patiently. "Well now, you look much less like a neanderthal now. I might add that your skin is actually quite nice when there's not a thick layer of grime above it. In any case, are we ready to begin? Yes? Good."

She walked to the next room, scrubbed her hands up to her forearm, donned the gloves, and walked into the OR with Ilyana.

OOC: I really have no clue how an operation takes place, so I think it's best you write it, since you seem to know it better. Feel free to control Justine in the operation as a character. You can write her actions, I mean. Just make sure she is who she is.
Strafe

Postby Lil_Ninja » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:38 pm

Harley met Amara's eyes and returned his smile, but it was quickly wiped away by Julia's comments. She glowered at the girl, resisting the urge to put her "dangerous looking board" to good use. She didn't bother to correct Julia about her and Amara's relationship status, because she doubted it would make a difference either way.
She wouldn't admit it, but the girl's first comments did prick her.
"Psycho.." She mused under her breath, leaning her board against the wall and taking a few steps closer to her. It took her every once of kindness she had not to shoot a rude comment her way. "Well, we-" she motioned to Amara and herself, "have a motorcycle, and you have a car out front." She explained with a forced smile.
"Excuse me if I come off a bit coarse. This psycho hasn't slept in a considerably long time." Her gaze sharpened a shade as her smile became very fake. "It must be my fixation with sleeping near dangerous weaponry." She shrugged, her tone not hinting disdain in the least, but if one payed attention, the mockery could be seen.
She had experience with girls like this. The uptight, showy, arrogant crowd. They were all the same in her eyes, and she couldn't tolerate any of them, sane or not.
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Nami » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:59 am

OOC: Ok Rock, go ahead with it then ^^ Robert's a bit out of it.

IC: Amara froze, he didn't liked Julia's words toward Harley, especially after what he had seen her do only yesterday. But then he let his hackles down and he loosened a bit, he stood up, towering over both girls. "Yes, Harley and I have a motorcycle, you were driving a car." he pointed out the window.

"I'd be careful though, I think their might be some "meat" rotting in the back seat." Amara didn't know what the meat was, but he didn't even want to know, being a guy he felt he should go investigate, but really, it wasn't his business and he was afraid to see it.

"The car will be useful though, we'll need it, it can carry food and water and other supplies." he walked past the girls bickering and stepped out onto the porch, "who wants coffee?" he called jumping down the broken steps and onto the sandy ground.

"We better get going." Amara felt the sweat trickle down his neck, he knew that the juvey-cops would be searching the whole city for them, which meant new clothes, if he could manage to snag some for the girls and a set for himself, it meant going into a town but no biggie, he grew up in a terrible part of town. Amara rolled his broad shoulders. "Lets go."
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby rocklobster » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:34 pm

When Chelsea got out of the shower, she dried off and dressed. As she finished, she felt quite guilty about deceiving this man.
"Um, Robert, is it? I have something to tell you." She said. "But you must promise not to tell anyone else."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Kunoichi » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:18 am

Strafe (post: 1425654) wrote:-Julia-

"Hm... You have nice eyes," She said disinterestedly, not caring if Harley heard. "You seem wasted on that girl. I personally wouldn't date a girl that's clutching a dangerous looking board. She might be a psycho or something." (OOC: If only you knew, Julia... If only you knew...) "But I guess you two work together... somehow..." She stood up, and brushed off her clothes, feeling stiff and sore. "So... we're leaving, right? Do we have a ride?"

-Justine-

She walked through the door, also in scrubs, to where Ilyana sat patiently. "Well now, you look much less like a neanderthal now. I might add that your skin is actually quite nice when there's not a thick layer of grime above it. In any case, are we ready to begin? Yes? Good."

She walked to the next room, scrubbed her hands up to her forearm, donned the gloves, and walked into the OR with Ilyana.

OOC: I really have no clue how an operation takes place, so I think it's best you write it, since you seem to know it better. Feel free to control Justine in the operation as a character. You can write her actions, I mean. Just make sure she is who she is.

OOC: I have no clue either LOL House for the win. I'll make it short.

As Illyana scrubbed in and entered the operating room. The first thing that assaulted her was the smell of iodine, blood and all the chemicals associated with replacing an organ from a poor dead kid.

There were two other surgeons and one nurse who looked up as she and Justine, as she thought of her now, entered. "I didn't realize you were bringing someone with you doctor," he made a tone that seemed to imply that she was not wanted and of course, unneeded.

(Going to make it so you can at least respond Strafe :))

Kunoichi

Postby Vega » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:36 pm

-Ashley-

This was it for her. Her status as an Unwind was now out and only bad would come out of this.
Ashley obeyed the command and sat in the truck. She tried to close her eyes and remain calm but she could hear Riley and the other soldier arguing....about her. Ashley couldnt besr this pain anylonger. She had this never-ending pain in her sould because she knew that she'd never find peace. Ashley began to think back to the happier times.
---------------
Ashley was sitting at the hill she always retreated to after school. It had a great view of the sunset and their was a freshwater pond a few yards away.
This was her place of peace. Occasionally her father would come down if he got out of work early and join her. They would just talk for hours and hours abd at the very moment the sun could no longer be seen, he would whisper to Ashley,"Hey Ash, Remember that I love you and that as long as I live that'll be true". Then he would stand up, pat her on the head and drive back to the office.
-----------------
Ashley could picture this scene so vividly. She could remember the feeling of hope her father gave her. But now all that was a lie. She struggled to keep her tears back but she figured crying wouldnt help. Their was nothing she could do but to hang on....to keep moving forward.

OOC: Hey guys. Im really sorry I havent been around lately. Because of work and Band practice I really only get to post on Thursdays and Saturdays but I'll keep trying my best.
The mind is so complex when your based. 32 levels. Welcome to my world. --Lil B
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Swag like I'm marrow, in my bones. Swag in my bones. Bone Marrow Swag. -- Lil B
Shouts out to Lil B "The Based God".
Vega

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying