The Esper Project

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

The Esper Project

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:29 pm

This is my first attempt at a dystopian future RPG. Here's the scenario:
It is the year 2301. A secret project was conducted without government permission. The project created a new race of humans endowed with psychic powers. But now, the children created by the project have escaped, assisted by a mysterious figure named Gigelf. What is his motive? Is he a threat or something else entirely?
That is where you come in. I will play Gigelf and one of the children. Here is your application form.
Name:
Serial No. (each child had a serial number as part of the project. The serial number consisted of 6 characters: three letters, followed by three numbers)
Sex:
Hair:
Eyes:
Rank: (this is how powerful your child is. The higher the number, the more powerful the child. A rank of 5 is the most powerful.)
Bio/Personality.
OK, here's my character to help you guys out:
Name: Marcus Renald
Serial No: XPG-077
Sex: Male
Hair: Blonde with a blue streak in front bangs
Eyes: Brown
Bio/Personality: Marcus was the first of the children who escaped. He is also the most dangerous. None of the scientists were able to control him. He has a short temper and does not trust most people. He even has difficulty trusting Gigelf.
If you wish, you can also play the evil scientists hunting down the children.
The application is the same, however you do not have psychic abilities:
Name:
Sex:
Hair:
Eyes:
Bio/Personality.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lil_Ninja » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:33 pm

Serial No.: FOX459
Name: Avelyn Brook
Sex: Female
Hair: She has a little past shoulder length straight redish blonde hair with long layers and side bangs.
Eyes: Dark green.
Bio/Personality: Avelyn is a very sweet and shy level headed girl. She doesn't like hurting people, but if she needs to, she will. If at all possible, she will avoid talking to strangers. She doesn't have many friends at all so when she gets one, she is kind of clingy to them.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Song_of_Storms » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:55 pm

There. If you don't like something, Rocklobster, I can change it.

Name: Raina (Rine-ah) Vergil
Serial No. ~ Von215
Hair: Pitch white with the occasional orange streak throughout. It tends to hang over his eyes, its chin length.
Eyes: A raspberry
Bio/Personality:
Because Raina is exceptional weak, he relies on others more to get him out of a bind. He has two favorite sayings: Serva me, servabo te - Save me and I will save you, because of the previously mentioned, and Si finis bonus est, totum bonum erit - If the end is good, everything will be good , because he prefers to live in the present with no regrets or worries. Raina has been labeled "childish" because of his attitude on life. Of course, the real reason could be the fact he is inseperatable from his Teddy, Dunbløt.
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:37 pm

Nice work you two.
Here's what the rankings mean:
1= able to read minds and sense intentions
2= can move objects with your mind, but only if they weigh less than you. So, small rocks, pots, pans--no problem. Cars--forget it!
3= now you can move cars, because now you can move objects heavier than you. You can also control them!
4= can create psychic pulses, an offensive attack capable of knocking down most opponents or even rendering them unconscious. Can also psychic powers to create force fields.
5= can assault an opponent with "psychic storms", which can cause a foe to enter convulsions. Can also control people.
Now for our first villain:evil:
Name: Gendo Renald
Appearance: Has dark eyes. Wears glasses. His hair goes all the way down into a beard. He wears gloves to hide cybernetic hands.
Bio: Manipulative to the core. To Gendo, everyone is a pawn, and he is Kasparov (note: Kasparov is one of the great chess players). He loves to manipulate people and is an expert at it. This is primarily why Marcus is so difficult to control. No. XPG-007 (Marcus's serial no) is actually...Gendo's son!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:28 pm

Let me know if I need to change anything ^^

Name: Zander Yakov
Hair: Dark red wavy hair angled from a little below his eyes down. His do rag mostly keeps the hair out of his eyes.
Eyes: Black with a ring of red around the pupil.
Bio/Personality: Zander loves making people laugh and he will go to great extents just to do that. He is very outgoing and very clueless at times. He likes to play the roll of the "cool guy", but usually makes himself look like a nerd. He doesn't pay attention to where he's going most of the time so he usually ends up running into things and tripping over stuff, which has gained him the title of "Mr.Clumsy". He has a knack for messing stuff up (electronics in particular). If you sat him in front of a computer, in less than a minute, he would probably end up breaking it somehow. Overall, he is a nice guy and he loves helping.
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:51 pm

Accepted! Zander is a great addition to our cast. Just watch out, Marcus's dad has a short temper too.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:54 pm

Awesome!! :D

No problem! Zander's humor shall beat the short tempered people! Bwahaha!! ;D
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Midori » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:37 pm

I hope this is interesting enough...

Name: Andrew Finney
Serial no.: IFF-040
Sex: male
Hair: dark brown
Eyes: green
Bio:
Andrew is very smart and agile, but his psychic abilities are limited to lifting very small objects and sensing things around him. He uses his intelligence to make up for what he can't do. Given situations or technology he's never seen before, he can usually make the most of it. He has a good understanding of what's right and fair, and is adamant in defending what he believes in. He is almost always cheerful, even when in a dire situation; others often mistake this for apathy. Andrew has Asperger's Syndrome, though in 2301 probably nobody's heard of it.
Midori

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:05 am

You're accepted, Midori! But you need to change your rank to a 2 since you said Andrew can move small objects. Oh, and I should point out to you people that you can't move up in rank. You're stuck with the rank you selected. You can practice at it, but you'll still be the same rank you were when you started.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Midori » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:59 am

Okay. Thanks.
Midori

Postby Kiba-kun » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:01 am

Name: Shilo Karyn
Serial No: HMO-617
Hair: Curly white hair
Eyes: Soft Pink
Bio/Personality: Shilo has always been a fan of any kind of art. He's either always seen with a sketch pad in hand, legal paper and a pen for writing or either his violin or recorder. This appreciation for art as spread into his attire as well, as he often mixes various colors of paint onto his face and hair in an attempt to add color to himself. His personality is rather flamboyant - When he starts a new project, whether it's for art or for his powers, Shilo will literally throw himself into the project and refuse to do much else until he's satisfied.

The psychiatric staff have labeled Shilo as "Confused." He does not play well with other boys, rather he spends much of his time with the girls and female staff. This, however, does not stop there - Whenever he's not preoccupied, Shilo is seen staring at the other males around him, sometimes spending hours staring at a single person and very rarely blinking.

Shilo's power development rises in drastic leaps when he applies himself. At only level two in power, Shilo's limitations hinder any real applicable uses. Using his telekinetic powers, however, Shilo is capable of throwing an object as small as a book with enough force to shatter thin walls and deeply crack thicker walls. He's able to utilize up to five large objects, about his height, or twenty smaller objects, about the size of a book, but his individual control of each item is lost when such large numbers are used; he controls the batch as one unit, rather than multiple smaller ones.
FKA Mythmaster

Why must we be abandoned in times of need?
Do others not see when we yearn for their touch;
An insatiable hunger only they can feed.
Left alone with out their words – fallen into darkness.
Stumbling blindly without their light,
We fall and scream, knowing we've faced too much,
Knowing the only answer is flight.
Flight from the lives we once faced
And the joys and terrors others have brought.
Our time with them, a time of joy and life,
Wonder we all, was it for naught?
Kiba-kun

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:24 am

OK! This I like. Welcome aboard Kiba-kun! OK, I'm going to submit this to a mod now. We have at least five characters. BTW, I will throw in some random staff members as NPC's.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:06 pm

[font="palatino Linotype"][color="LightBlue"]Name:[/color] Maria Demia-Nariouse
[color="LightBlue"]Serial No.:[/color] JRI-371
[color="LightBlue"]Age: [/color]15
[color="LightBlue"]Sex:[/color] Female

[color="LightBlue"]Hair:[/color] Black with a bright purple tinge that reaches her feet. She usually lets it drag on the ground behind her.
[color="LightBlue"]Eyes:[/color] One is white, the other is [color="Lime"]lime green[/color].
[color="LightBlue"]Rank:[/color] Four
[color="LightBlue"]Bio:[/color] Maria was always known as "The Lunatic" because of her personality.
Buying into this nickname, she procured a straight jacket, and wears it around everywhere (the sleeves untied, though).
She loves to smile at people. All the time.
The only time you know that she's not in a good mood is when she doesn't take the opportunity to smile at least once to someone.

Maria is quite sadistic if she's allowed to be. She normally won't hurt people....that she likes, that is.
She's also known for looking like a eviller version of Samara from Ringu, only more human.[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:12 pm

OH man, we got the Joker. Gigelf is going to have a hard time controlling this kid. Accepted!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:11 pm

uc pseudonym

Postby Dante » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:44 pm

OOC: Hmm... this sounds interesting, so its an evil scientist we need here to place these brats in order, is it not! SOUND THE ANTI-HOODLUM BRIGADE! They want to escape do they... Well Aperture Science have some interesting science experiments THEY want to run, if they do not like it here, then they shall find themselves there... who knows, perhaps they'll get their cake and eat it too! MWAH HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Name: Dr. Mortalis
Hair: Straight Silver in a ponytail
Eyes: Brilliant Green
Bio/Personality:

Similiar Physical Descriptive Picture:

Dr. Mortalis is a brilliant genius and while he lacked psychic abilities in his brain, his other areas are terrifyingly brilliant. So much so that one would normally think that he had at least a level 1 psychic ability. However, he is in no means a fellow to be toyed with, and sees the children as merely test subjects. Data that "In a world of twelve billion, surely no one will miss". He makes sure of it and other then Dr. Gigelf, wipes out the parents first thing every morning, generally using some nasty and twisted end... they can't be spelled out here for they are so eeeeeebil.

He is also the creature responsible for creating Sc*pth. Of course, that is a different story all together. He arms himself with all forms of a gadgets whose general purpose is to seek out and capture/destroy his test subjects... he prefers the latter over the former and has a set of reploid organs and other objects hidden away in case the "subjects bite back". Relentless and evil he does his best science in the dark, and utilizes an extensive set of hacking routines for seeking out the subjects wherever they may hide, supermarkets, convience stores, malls... where-ever there is a camera there is a way... His favorite saying isn't really a saying at all, its that evil kackle that denotes all mad scientists from their generous kind ones.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:39 pm

Welcome aboard Pascal. Let's put your character second in command after Gendo. You may post in the play thread now.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:28 pm

[font="palatino Linotype"]Here's a ref pic for Maria, everyone! XD

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/1458/mariavc1.jpg

What the before and after mean, I'm not telling yet~[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby Peanut » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:11 pm

OOC: I wasn't originally thinking about joining another RP right now, however after reading through this I have to say that I'm interested. So here we go.

Name: Jeremiah
Serial No. JOB-119
Hair: White
Eyes: Green
Bio/Personality. When Jeremiah was young, he managed to escape the facility and experienced a terrible tragedy when several friends of his were brutally killed right in front of him. However, he is unable to remember the exact details of how it happened, he just knows that it occurred and that he was there. This has also caused Jeremiah to be incredibly introverted and even act rather cold to anyone who tries to reach out to him.

Instead, Jeremiah focuses himself on training daily with the hopes that his skills may one day allow him to avenge his dead friends. He's also rather intelligent for his age.

OOC: I have something I'm going to send to you via PM rocklobster.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby USSRGirl » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:16 am

OOC: I can't pass this up now.

Name: Dr. Raenmir Gaines
Hair: Dirty blonde flecked with grey
Eyes: Grey

Similar Likeness:

Bio/Personality: Dr. Gaines is the sunny one among his co-workers. He uses more subtle techniques, such as mental progamming handpuppets which spew out propaganda for hours on end until the children come to accept it as truth. At times he uses his puppet friends (the like of which he can also be seen talking to on occassion) to alter the memories of children who have had particularly traumatic experiences and thereby secure their loyalty and love for the organization. Gaines is also a passingly brilliant scientist and phsychologist. He's an ex-theater actor, and still dresses as though he were on stage.

Name: November Lorelai
Serial No. (each child had a serial number as part of the project. The serial number consisted of 6 characters: three letters, followed by three numbers): VVV555
Sex: Female
Hair: Auburn
Eyes: Brown
Rank: (this is how powerful your child is. The higher the number, the more powerful the child. A rank of 5 is the most powerful.): 4

Graphical representation:

Bio/Personality: A head-in-the-clouds, daydreamer. November is a strange child whose rarely talks, except to her "imaginary friends" who seem to reside in the shadows cast by objects and people. She doesn't trust easily, especially not adults.
USSRGirl

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:48 pm

Peanut and USSRGirl, you are accepted. Please check your PM boxes for further instructions.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Song_of_Storms » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:28 am

As a suggestion from RL, Dunblot is now a talking, walking robo-teddy! >8D

...just thought I'd announce that in case there was any confusion. n.n;;
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying