Nations and States: New Era

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby silver_wolf454 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Lolz sure.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"][color="Green"]Banner art by: Shao-Feng-Li[/color][/SIZE]

"I am but mad north-north west. When the wind is southerly....I know a hawk from a handsaw."- Hamlet, Shakespeare's Hamlet

[color="DarkOrchid"] "There's rosemary - that's for remembrance. And there is pansies - that's for thoughts." [/color] -Ophelia, Shakespeare's Hamlet
silver_wolf454

Postby Taliesin » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:04 pm

Name: Lunord Starhammer
Primary/Secondary: Secondary....Unfortunately. I like Lunord!
Race: Aikon
Apparent Age: 18 (Same as Xaxtorm)
Physical Description: Silver aura obscures much of his body
History: Created as a split personality by Xaxtorm in order become more powerful and heartless.
Talents/Special Powers: Star powers. Uses beams of light to cut things, blast things away, fly through the air, and whatever I think of next. (within reason)

I'm accepting volunteers for drawing Lunord for me.
FKA starhammer

Communism is only the perfect government if you have the perfect leader. And I'm only available Tuesdays.

I'm too cool to scroll.
Taliesin

Postby Dante » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:10 pm

Accepted
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Taliesin » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:11 pm

W00t
FKA starhammer

Communism is only the perfect government if you have the perfect leader. And I'm only available Tuesdays.

I'm too cool to scroll.
Taliesin

Postby Jingo Jaden » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:00 pm

*I have been allowed to create a new character*

Name - Unknown
Nickname - Shadowlord
Apperance *Looks like a shadow in a rather large robe. His eyes sometimes beam red, however the shadow over his face is too strong to reveal, if his face has a form at all that is. Aside from the robe there is a black mist following him.

History: Some say it is a false myth, some swear they have seen him. Despite what people say this creature seems to be extremely strong, but never inflicts physical damage. Some of his victims are reported to have gone insane, mindless or too scared to even talk. He is said to be able to visit other in their dreams, but at some times even turn dreams into reality. It is unknown if he is immortal, or if he even can communicate. Perhaps he is a fragement of everyones deepest fear? It is hard to understand him, however he bears a message. His mouth never utters a word, but he speaks to the mind of those who hear him with a language they do not know, but still can understand.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Dante » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:57 pm

OOC: Given that my characters seem to be having difficulty interacting with the RP from the other side of the grave I am going to create a pair of new characters to have fun with… of course some might be old characters in disguise, or maybe I’m just throwing out a red herring… ya never know mwah ha ha ha!

National Origin: The Ancients
Character Name: Rei Jikari
Race: Human
Apparent Age: 17

Physical Description: Has red hair in a style rather similar to Genki’s, but his ears are smaller and he lacks a tail. All the same, he has a deep concern for others. His clothing consists of loosely fitting shirt and shorts that allow him ease in maneuverability, but they stand up remarkably well to attacks from the elements and even minor gun shot. He wields a pair of swords known as the rose blades and wears a dull dark-grey amulet of a wolf’s head around his neck on a thin glowing thread, the amulet glows darkly.

History: Rei casts a unique shadow on the history of this world after crossing a fine line that theoretically shouldn’t even exist in story purposes… or that’s at least true if you believe his word, his claim, to be of the blood of the Ancients, the lost race of men that Ryuken once hypothesized to have existed long ago. If there is any truth to his story however, then it certainly means that Ryuken may have been on to something before falling victim to the attacks of the Dn’I at Myra De Lycia. However, Rei tells us little more and instead acts as one seeking to fit in and learn how to adapt to the various societies of the world rather than giving us vast amounts of information.

Nation: Ecclipxa (Currently formed on the island of Myra De Lycia)
Character Name: Epita
Race: Human – Aikon Mix
Apparent Age: 15

Physical Description: The young leader of the nation of Ecclipxa, Epita is very quiet and reserved. He has silver almost translucent hair, but lots of it so that one can’t see his head beneath it and his eyes gleam a brilliant red orange. His skin is somewhat different then most Aikon because of his Human-Aikon heritage, that is to say that its less translucent and so he can spend more time in the sun.

History: Epita comes from the aikon villages that lived in the hills surrounding the Organization but whose existence were over-shadowed by the Organizations rule over the region. With their destruction however, many of the villagers were killed and in this difficult time of pain and strife, Epita came to power beneath the decisions of the mysterious mountain Aikon council. All the same, his rule is more for show and has little power and is able to travel about given that he sees his position as mostly an image, suggesting that the real power lies with the council… he does however smile at this and suggests that he has his own dark intentions of cutting off the council and controlling his own nation one day. He even claims to have known Zadok prior to the Organizations destruction, and ironically is gifted with the lack of aging the other world leaders experienced, almost as though Zadok knew the boy would one day take this position shortly before his demise. In many ways, he is also still young and acts this out by playing pranks on the council members using the other side of the Aikon arts, the dark symbolic school of thought similar to those ideas and concepts that form the basis of the Compassionate Empire. In fact, despite its small size, the Aikon nation of Ecclipxa claims that their ancestoral home does indeed merge with those lands that once made up the original Compassionate Empire and their current home to the north and many of their myths bare a stark resemblance to the shadow Creatures Raven employed… as such it is likely that they did at least have contact with those lands long ago.

OOC: And there ya go, mwah ha ha ha hah!!! Now I has fun…
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:44 am

OOC: I probably should've done this before including this character....

Name: Galena Mirrior
Apparent Age: 25

Physical Description: Clad in a crimson robe with a crimson headdress, Galena has dark red hair and an unusual dark red eye. The other is dark brown. She wears red lipstick and red rings, and she has red, long nails (you can tell that's her favorite color).

History: Unknown origin. She is the mysterious advisor and mentor of Lord Iridion, whom he met at the Edge of the World.
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby Jingo Jaden » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:46 pm

Just for fun effects, I want to tell you who some of the characters remind me of. Now this is just my opinion and in some ways the characters might be very different. This is basicly a just for fun run XD

Mirzen - Aragon *Lotr*

Reason - Got the honor, attitude and loyalty of a true warrior.

Lunord - Kefka. *FF6*

He likes to kill, he seems trigger happy with his magic and defidently has a noticeable attitude. Probably not the clotheing image however.

Ryuken - Raoh *Fist of the north star*

I made Ryuken and wanted him to play by some of Raoh's traits, but still makeing my own character.

Komai - Rio from Spiral/Jeane from no more heros.

Ok, neither might be a nation ruler, but both are tricky and manipulative.

Zohar - Archaon *Warhammer*

This one is hard to read, but the presence and personality...... Something just pointed towards Archaon

Genki - Zidane *FF9*

Lower class, cool attitude and mostly a nice character. It was the first character that popped to mind here.

Jingo Jaden

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:54 pm

I love LOTR. Maybe that's why my characters are similar to those :D
Aragorn is so cool.
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby Peanut » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:10 pm

I would just like to mention that that picture...is really not how I envisioned Zohar...wait...ok, maybe it would fit when he went all berserk...ok yeah it fits...I agree with everything else as well...and Zidane actually looks like Genki as well...scarry...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:45 am

Ok...I'm submitting another character for plot's sake.

National Origin: Technically from New Sharakar, but a descendant of the exiled Silvanians.
Name: Tarah Silvana
Race: Human-neko hybrid
Apparent Age: 18

Physical Description:
5' 4'' ; She has jet black hair (in a high ponytail), white ears and tail, and green feral eyes. She wears unusual clothes for this world--a black tank top and black balloonish pants with combat boots.

History:
Great-grand niece of Ayrus Silvana, Tarah deserted her people and their ideologies (including the anti-Shadowtail attitude). She wishes to restore New Sharakar by finding exiled Mirzen and restoring his rule.
She travels alone, her multi-barreled silver machine (?) pistol her only weapon, and nekojin fighting arts her only art. She is rather persuasive and intelligent beyond her years.
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby Taran » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:38 pm

Name:Taran Wrath
Primary/Secondary:Primary
Race:Nekojin/Ninja monkey
Apparent Age:17
Physical Description:Looks like a normal Nekojin except for his tail is and one ear are a monkeys. his fur i bark broen almost black he is shorter then most Nekojin and isn't as
lighthearted.
History:When he was young he asked his father (who is a Ninja monkey) why he didn't have a mother? his father explained that his mother died in giving birth to him .as he grew up he was trained as a ninja by his father and aspired to be one of the best ninjas ever so untill the day that this rpg starts he will have been traing in a remote location with his father having had no contacts with the outside world.
Talents/Special Powers:not aproved yet.
Taran

Postby Taliesin » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:18 pm

Hello, and welcome to N&S, the RP soon to be ruled by yours truly. We hope you enjoy our many attractions, and find your stay here pleasant.
FKA starhammer

I'm too cool to scroll.
Taliesin

Postby Dante » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:23 pm

GM: Welcome to Nations and States Taran! We are currently in the begginings of a vast war that covers... well continents... don't ask me, but it seems like EVERY war that occurs in this game turns into a global conflict of some type. May I reccomend that Taran start a nation... given that all the other leaders generally have nations... even I have a nation at the time :P.

-Pascal
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Peanut » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:35 pm

Oh my a new player. Hi, and welcome to Of Nations and States, if you need any information on Ninja Monkies (such as their techniques, society, etc...)...besides the GMs, I'm the guy. Anyway, welcome and I hope you enjoy yourself.

Edit: I might as well post my new characters...now...

Character: Seth
Description: He's about 6'0, slender build, he always wears a mask that looks like someones face and a black cloak similar to those that the Invisible Hand use.
History: Seth is an enigma. Nobody knows anything about his past, where he came from, or why he wears a mask. He is relatively silent and appears to enjoy observing what's going on around him more then contributing. However he is determined to accomplish some mission and he seems to have some understanding of the world around him.
Powers/weapons: It appears that he has increased speed, agility, and strength. He also has a general knowledge of the Ninja Monkey Arcane Arts. He also now wields Judgement, a sword with unusual powers.

Character: Z
Race: Appears to be a Ninja Monkey...
Description:Taller and bulkier then your average Ninja Monkey. Similar to Seth, he wears the mask that looks like the face of an individual and an Invisible Hand cloak.
History: Who is the monkey behind the Mask? A saint? A madman? An actor? Your Mom? Only the Peanut knows and he ain't talking...
Powers/Weapons: An advanced understanding of the Ninja Monkey Arcane Arts (comes with being a former Invisible Hand member) and what appears to be unusually quick speed and agility.

Peanut

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:52 pm

Cool! Welcome Taran! ^_^
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby Taran » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:22 am

How do I start a nation?
Taran

Postby Dante » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:46 pm

Hmm... good point there really wasn't a nation version of the character startup sheet... well I guess the best way about this is to just start the RP off and proceed to start a revolution somewheres... in fact you can choose to cause a revolt on any territory on the map! See the great library for a map of the world and just send me a number from that map, that will be where your character will start out at and it will also serve as the starting point for your nation... a few places are semi-restricted mostly because a player already occupies that terrritory and that same player(s) have only one territory to their name (your nation respawns after it gets deepfried if you want it too in most cases XD.

-Pascal
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Dante » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:49 pm

Am I the only one who wonders why Raoh has the big dipper behind him? Or... given its size, maybe its the little dipper Ursa Minor! (They look more like beavers then bears though :P).
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Taliesin » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:11 pm

Taran Wrath sounds suspiciously like Seran Wrap. Coincidence? I think not.
FKA starhammer

I'm too cool to scroll.
Taliesin

Postby Peanut » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:12 pm

Pascal (post: 1212996) wrote:Am I the only one who wonders why Raoh has the big dipper behind him? Or... given its size, maybe its the little dipper Ursa Minor! (They look more like beavers then bears though :P).

The series is called "Fist of the North Star"...I'm guessing that has something to do with it...

Peanut

Postby Jingo Jaden » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:23 pm

Peanut (post: 1213087) wrote:The series is called "Fist of the North Star"...I'm guessing that has something to do with it...

Yeah, it is part of the plot. The big dipper sort of represent the 7 points of movement a man has in that series. Kenshiro got that many scar marks on his chest too.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Dante » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:29 pm

Wow... you know your a nerd when you properly identify constellations within series you've never seen before O_O... although I must say that it looks much more like the little dipper then the big dipper given the proportionality of the stars :P.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Jingo Jaden » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:15 am

Here we go.

Name - Sly Smith
Nickname - The eye
Age - 47
Hair - Medium
Hair color - Brown.
Height - 6 feet.
Weight - 172 p

Accessories - A duel set of aura pistols. A dagger, a set of various types of venoms. A locksmith tool belt. A rope and some well hidden explosives.

History: Has no record of known relatives. He grew up in the tougher part of the Ken-Oh nation where he got his nickname because of his ability to spot the unknown. The reason this name came into light was his ability as a small kid to know other people's weaknesses, he could even spot them in a fight. He quickly gained respect, but also gained access to the Ken-Oh military school at the age of only 14. There he spent 4 years perfecting his art. After this he moved to New Shakar where he worked in the library for 2 years. He quickly gained knowledge on the world and everything from customs to trade routes. He then worked 5 years in the Ken-Oh as a security officer in a rather dangerous area. After this job he apparently had gotten much income due to 'happy' upper class citizens living in the area for his outstanding work even though it is rumored that nearly half of them where killed for refusing to 'sponsor' his way of business. After this he moved on to the compassionate empire where he studied various, but disclosed classes. He was also part of Vandor's medical elite after his days of study was over. After gaining both medical and mechanical skills he decided to approach Kyr. Kyr, who was not expecting his arrival later found out that most of the elite bodyguards where either bribed, intimidated or killed upon Sly's arrival. After careful consideration Kyr gave Sly the position as the nations lead investigator and informant. He now answers to Kyr directly.

Personality - A shady, intimidating, but also quite smart detective. He leaves no stone unturned and leaves no trace of his presence. If he has done something dirty, there will only at most be a rumor left to confirm this. His ties to high political powers in every nation, his massive wealth, his experienced and effective team plus his reputation tends to always find the pressure point in whoever he is interrogating for information. To those who refuse to work with him, unfortunate things tend to happen to them and their families. He is a shameless person who takes joy in bringing suffering to others when he can. He has cracked the toughest of criminals, the smartest of investors and the most influential of politicians. Now, he is set to move closer to the main stage.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Amzi Live » Fri May 09, 2008 6:25 am

Aire- Sky Elves
Capital:Viento

Because of their love for the skies, their respect of the winds, and amazement of the stars above. These elves were blessed with the spark diamond or as known by other races as the thunder crystal. The stone has become the Sky Elves energy source. It keeps their cities hidden among the forests, beaches, mountains’ hidden valleys, light their torches, and heat their homes.
Unlike their cousins the Sky Elves have slightly more keen senses, have the ability to suspend in the air, and glide. Because of this ability they have been known to have some of the continents greatest dancers, and knights.
The Sky Elves military, The Sky Fleet. They build Aerial Ships which aren’t much different from sea vessels with the exception of their humongous sails. An important part of the military are The Royal Knights which are trained in the Royal Academy of Aerial Combat(RAAC).The Mounted Division uses eagles(large species), pegasus,and wyverns as their mounts. In rare occasions the elite have been known to ride dragons.

The Royal Elven (Viento) family of the Sky Elves have been in power since way before the people took flight to the hidden cities thousands of years ago.
There are many noble families within the Kingdom, some of which began by the knighting of soldiers, and average people who stood above the crowed, demonstrating their valor, moral, and loyalty to the Creator of the Skies, Royal family, or the People of Aire.
King: Reale Viento
Queen: Soflair Viento
Sons and daughters in order of birth:
-Legato and Sforzando(twins)
-Fermata
-Siana
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby Amzi Live » Fri May 09, 2008 6:25 am

Name: Legato of Aire
Primary/Secondary: Primary
Race: Sky Elves
Apparent Age:18
Physical Description:Image
History:
Youngest of the twins heir to the trone of Aire. Legato proved to be a prodigy in the musical arts. He grew up traveling across the continent giving performances, and conducting the Aire Symphonic Orchestra wich played many popular pieces including his own.
Since music came fairly easy to him, he was placed to be trained in the Aerial Royal Knights. He proved to be very skilled in the ARK division, but after finishing excelling over his teachers he returned to his musical experiments.
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby USSRGirl » Sun May 11, 2008 7:48 pm

Oh man! I haven't checked this thread in so long that I missed laughing my head off at JM's character parallels! XD (Mirzen = Aragorn for sure! And Genki/Zidane is pure genius. <3)

Welcome aboard Amzi! If you're looking for allies, the Free Kingdom is the place to go!
USSRGirl

Postby Peanut » Mon May 12, 2008 1:19 pm

Welcome Amzi, approval of your character and race should be coming soon. We're currently going through a temporary "changing of the guard." Hopefully we'll have your country logged into IMAGE soon but it might take some more time.

Peanut

Postby Dante » Mon May 12, 2008 5:12 pm

or maybe not... hopefully not :). Ahem, approved.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Sat May 17, 2008 6:42 am

My Nation shall be the Liberation League. A Martial government devoted to assisting a protecting the weak from Tyranny.
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Previous

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying