[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
A Breath Of Fresh Air - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

A Breath Of Fresh Air

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

A Breath Of Fresh Air

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:36 pm

Hello everyone. I'm thrilled to have found this wonderful site. I am a minister in South Carolina and I have been a fan of anime since Astro Boy, Gigantor, Amazing Three, and Kimba the White Lion back in the 60s. It's great to find a site of fellow believers who enjoy anime. I'm looking forward to meeting you and talking in the days ahead.

While serving on staff at Animazement in Durham, North Carolina this year (head of volunteer services) I had the opportunity to speak with a reporter from The State which is the South Carolina newspaper based in Columbia. She called me today for some additional information and I shared with her about Christian based anime (Super Book, In The Beginning, etc.). I hope the administrators of the site don't mind, but I gave her your web site to look at and hopefully it will be included in her article on anime. My prayer is you'll get a mention that will be seen across South Carolina.

Again, it's great to be here with all of you.
Rev. Doc

Postby Stephen » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:39 pm

Hey thanks a lot! We don't mind people advertising the site, heck we like that....get the word out. How did you find us out of curiosity?
Stephen

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:39 pm

Welcome...good to have you ^_^
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:41 pm

Shatterheart wrote:Hey thanks a lot! We don't mind people advertising the site, heck we like that....get the word out. How did you find us out of curiosity?

I did a web search on google for Christian Anime and your site was one of the first listed. Just out of curiosity...how long has this board been up? I've done searches before and this was the first time I came up with it.
Rev. Doc

Postby Technomancer » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:42 pm

Good to meet you. Hope to see you around.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Master Kenzo » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:43 pm

Hey :jump: Chocloates will be here shortly. *singsong* Oh, Izumi-san!
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby andyroo » Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:04 pm

Hi. Great to see another new face.
Well, as far as I know, the current boards have been up since around late May of this year. It would be pretty cool to have CAA mentioned in a state wide newpaper article. I know a few people from South Carolina along the S. Carolina/Georgia border near the Savannah River.
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby Stephen » Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:07 pm

We were on MSN for a couple years...before coming here...as Andyroo said since late May....since Noz has been webmaster on our spiffy new site...we have got bigger and the word is getting out more. (kudos to Noz)
Stephen

Postby Shinja » Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:28 pm

hey wecolme to CAA
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Gypsy » Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:32 pm

This is great! I've been praying that CAA would make an impact in new ways and it's so cool to see those prayers being answered in right where I can see them! Even if we don't get included on the article, it's a step into a new direction for us. Thank you for thinking of us, and I look forward to seeing you around the boards!
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby EdHead » Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:22 pm

Whasup, Rev!
You know, you remind me of my ex-History teacher, since he also told me that he used to watch Astro Boy as a kid.
Feels weird when adults over 40 tell you they used to watch anime...
but cooler than it is weird!
:P
"He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yeilds its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers."

Psalms 1:3

;)
EdHead

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:58 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm very excited to have found this site and look forward many blessings ahead.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:18 am

Somewhat late, but welcoming none-the-less. And yes, we're quite glad for publicity. Our members are quite broad (in age, location and philosophy) but I think you've expanded it a bit more. Welcome aboard!
uc pseudonym

Postby Ashley » Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:30 pm

Wow! You're gonna include us in an article?! Oh wow...what a blessing! Could you scan a copy for me?

Oh yeah, and pardon the tardiness on this, but welcome here. After glancing around the forums, I know I don't have to tell you to make yourself at home!
Ashley

Return to Who's Who