J.L. Franklin's Q & A!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

J.L. Franklin's Q & A!

Postby jlfranklin » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:43 pm

Annnnnnnd, for the wonderful sake of "Sure, Why Not?" I'll start a Q and A! Ask me any and everything, and I shall try my best to answer! Hehehehe!
Any such individual reality can be perceived by others as nothing more than being imagination. This changes when said imagination, opens to embrace a certain degree of widespread awareness. At that stage, it has the potential to be perceived by anyone, as reality. — Oshii Mamoru (Assault Girls)

What may seem like an unworthy cause to you, is more than enough reason for me. -- Yasutora Sado (BLEACH)

A bond is a deep connection that can never be broken. Even if apart, heart and heart are still connected. -- Tendou Souji (Kamen Rider Kabuto)
jlfranklin

Re: J.L. Franklin's Q & A!

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:04 pm

Q&As are fun. :D What are you top five favorite anime series?
TopazRaven

Postby anlptgtsg » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:28 pm

Hello hello. Wow kamen rider avatar.

Favorite tokusatsu show?
Did you watch many kamen rider series?
Favorite kamen rider series?
What spark your interest in anime and tokusatsu?
anlptgtsg

Postby jlfranklin » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:31 am

TopazRaven wrote:Q&As are fun. :D What are you top five favorite anime series?

Yes they ARE fun! Okay, so my top five favorite anime series (this is SO much easier than naming my number one all time favorite because its liable to change!)

1.) Black Rock Shotoer

2.) Zetman

3.) Deadman Wonderland

4.) Witch Craft Works

5.) Naruto

What about you? What are YOUR top favorite anime series?
Any such individual reality can be perceived by others as nothing more than being imagination. This changes when said imagination, opens to embrace a certain degree of widespread awareness. At that stage, it has the potential to be perceived by anyone, as reality. — Oshii Mamoru (Assault Girls)

What may seem like an unworthy cause to you, is more than enough reason for me. -- Yasutora Sado (BLEACH)

A bond is a deep connection that can never be broken. Even if apart, heart and heart are still connected. -- Tendou Souji (Kamen Rider Kabuto)
jlfranklin

Postby jlfranklin » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:45 am

anlptgtsg wrote:Hello hello. Wow kamen rider avatar.

Favorite tokusatsu show?
Did you watch many kamen rider series?
Favorite kamen rider series?
What spark your interest in anime and tokusatsu?

Aha! A fellow tokusatsu fan!

Okay, let's go through these one by one!

GARO: Makai no Hana is my favorite tokusatsu show all time! Being that I'm an adult, I can appreciate more "mature" tokusatsu shows!

I actually have only seen a few tokusatsu series:

1.) Kamen Rider Dragon Knight

2.) Kamen Rider Black

3.) Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger

4.) Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters

5.) Kamen Rider Wizard

6.) Kamen Rider Blade

7.) Kamen Rider Gaim

8.) Kamen Rider Kuuga

9.) GARO: Makai no Hana

10.) GARO: Yami wo Terasu Mono

Kamen Rider Black is my number one all time favorite Kamen Rider series! He was the second Kamen Rider series I watched (I chose him because his armor is black, my favorite color!)

So what started me with tokusatus was where a lot of Americans started with toku: Power Rangers. It wasn't until I was 18 that I started watching Kamen Rider Dragon Knight (the American version of Kamen Rider Ryuuki). I fell in love with the characters, the costumes and the battle scenes; it was kinda like Power Rangers for teens! I ended up doing some research on Kamen Rider (I thought it was created by Saban, but I just never heard of it), and I've loved tokusatsu ever since!

As for anime, my very first anime was Kiki's Delivery Service. Now, at the time, I didn't know what anime was. I just loved the movie (partially because I had a big crush on Kiki!). I didn't watch a whole lot of anime because my parents didn't like shows that "looked like that" (big eyes, weird hair...basically cliche anime looks). They were under the impression that anime was all dark and all. When I turned 18, I started back to watching anime, by going through DBZ, followed by Black Rock Shooter, followed by Samurai Flamenco. I've been watching anime ever since!

jlfranklin

Postby Lilac#18 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:40 pm

What are your favorite books to read?
How do you relieve your stress?
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby TopazRaven » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:15 pm

jlfranklin wrote:

Yes they ARE fun! Okay, so my top five favorite anime series (this is SO much easier than naming my number one all time favorite because its liable to change!)

1.) Black Rock Shotoer

2.) Zetman

3.) Deadman Wonderland

4.) Witch Craft Works

5.) Naruto

Nice choices! The only one out of these I've actually seen any of is Naruto, but they all sound pretty neat just from title alone. As for my top five I'm going to admit I haven't watched anything new in awhile so all of my picks are probably fairly old.

In no particular order then;

Wolf's Rain
Fruit's Basket
Full Metal Alchemist
Hetalia: Axis Powers (and it's sequels)
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin & Ginga Densetsu Weed (yes I cheated there, but they are connected at least).
TopazRaven

Postby Nate » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:10 pm

Another poor soul that watched Wizard. It's okay. I did too. We can regret our bad life decisions together.

Okay, Beast was kinda cool but he wasn't enough to save the show.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby jlfranklin » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:11 am

Nate wrote:Another poor soul that watched Wizard. It's okay. I did too. We can regret our bad life decisions together.

Okay, Beast was kinda cool but he wasn't enough to save the show.

See, it was good until Shunpei showed up. That creepy man-child who likes to fall all over himself. Oi. That's what killed it for me! I would have liked it if Shunpei was a little kid! That would have made it cute and endearing; kind of like a little brother to Haruto....but then.....I don't know.........

jlfranklin

Postby Nate » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:42 pm

Haruto was boring and terrible and literally had no personality whatsoever, Shunpei was bad too but honestly even if he hadn't become a main character the show still would have been bad just because Haruto had nothing going for him.

Nate

Postby anlptgtsg » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:17 am

I actually never finished a kamen rider series. I watched 2 series, black and ryuuki(I think. it's involve the mirror world). I wanted to finish kamen rider black. As for ryuuki, was doing school at that time and miss a lot of episode. iirc, I was very disappointed when the red kamen rider died and lost interest to finish the series XD.

@Nate, yes I'm a rich soul as I haven't watched..... :p

ah can't think of a question atm.....
anlptgtsg

Postby jlfranklin » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:32 am

Lilac#18 wrote:What are your favorite books to read?
How do you relieve your stress?

Oh! This is always a favorite question of mine! I love reading all kinds of books, from conspiracy theory, to military sci-fi to manga (duh!), to history to high fantasy! I started off reading a lot of high fantasy (Eragon, Redwall, LOTR etc), and YA novels (Maximum Ride, Raven's Gate etc). I don't read YA novels as much as I used to; mostly because they only deal with paranormal romance (which I don't have necessarily have a problem with. I just wish there were some paranormal romances where the guy was the human and the girl was the "monster"!), and angsty teenagers (and why does every "hot guy" in a YA novel have to be dark and brooding?????). I'd like to start reading more YA, but that won't happen unless I come across something really good.

Now that I'm older, I've been reading more and more urban fantasy (faeries, dragons and wizards all living in the 21st century) and DC comics than anything else. And manga. Lots and lots of manga!

How do I relieve stress?? Writing out my problem tends to help. It gets what I need to say out of my system and on to paper. A lot of times, after I do that, I stumble across the solution!

What about yourself? What do you love to read? How do you relieve stress?

jlfranklin

Postby jlfranklin » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:35 am

TopazRaven wrote:
jlfranklin wrote:

1.) Black Rock Shotoer

2.) Zetman

3.) Deadman Wonderland

4.) Witch Craft Works

5.) Naruto

Nice choices! The only one out of these I've actually seen any of is Naruto, but they all sound pretty neat just from title alone. As for my top five I'm going to admit I haven't watched anything new in awhile so all of my picks are probably fairly old.

In no particular order then;

Wolf's Rain
Fruit's Basket
Full Metal Alchemist
Hetalia: Axis Powers (and it's sequels)
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin & Ginga Densetsu Weed (yes I cheated there, but they are connected at least).

See, I thought you were cool until you mentioned "Hetalia" ;)

In all seriousness though, I haven't seen Wolf's Rain, but its on my list! And when I was in elementary, all of the girls read Fruit's Basket!

jlfranklin

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:49 am

Haha, well we all have our guilty pleasures. xD If it helps any I like the concept of Hetalia more than the actual show itself. Wolf's Rain was probably the first anime I ever watched besides Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh. It's pretty neat. Just be prepared for the ending when you get to it. It's actually quite violent and depressing. I own the series and have watched it several times with different people. Most of them cried lol.
TopazRaven

Postby Thunderscream872 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:21 pm

Hey, welcome! Hope you enjoy it here!

What kind of music do you like? Any specific bands/artists?

Also, what anime has your favorite artwork?
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Nate » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:43 pm

anlptgtsg wrote:I actually never finished a kamen rider series. I watched 2 series, black and ryuuki(I think. it's involve the mirror world). I wanted to finish kamen rider black. As for ryuuki, was doing school at that time and miss a lot of episode. iirc, I was very disappointed when the red kamen rider died and lost interest to finish the series XD.

Ryuki is the one with the Mirror World, yeah.

Wait, you mean when Ryuki died? That was I think literally the next to the last episode. You should have finished it, you only had one left. :V Unless you meant Raia, but he's more purple than red.

Nate

Postby jlfranklin » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:24 pm

Thunderscream872 wrote:Hey, welcome! Hope you enjoy it here!

What kind of music do you like? Any specific bands/artists?

Also, what anime has your favorite artwork?

Music! Oh gosh I LOVE music! I actually love all genres of music, ranging from uplifting trance, to viking metal to digital hardcore, to liquid dnb to old school hip hop; I love everything!

I have so many favorite bands and artists, that I can't name them all right here, but I'll name a few of my favorites and my favorite from them:

1.) Fear, And Loathing in Las Vegas

2.) Two Steps From Hell

3.) Feint

4.) Antonio Vivaldi

5.) Epic Score

6.) Mick Moloney

7.) August Burns Red

8.) Das EFX

9.) supercell

10.) Pegboard Nerds

I love anything directed Shinkai Makoto! He has inspired me to shoot for writing and directing animated film! I love his story telling and his eye for beauty in film. Along with Shinkai, MAD House, Sentai Filmworks, 4 Degrees Celsius and Studio IG always puts out really good stuff. What about yourself? Favorite music? Which anime has the most beautiful art?

jlfranklin

Postby Kraavdran » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:55 am

Hey, it seems like all the traditional anime questions have been asked...

1) Are you watching any 2015 anime? If so, which ones? If there are too many to list, how about the most recent 5 or so?

1.5) What did you think of these shows?

2) You mentioned that you were interested in writing and stuff with animation. What is your ideal genre for making a story (sci-fi, modern fantasy, fantasy, slice-of-life, school life, modern, historical, etc)?

2.5) Can you describe your most recent book/series/movie idea?

3) Which anime character do you most identify with?
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum et pereat mundus"
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kraavdran
Kraavdran

Postby jlfranklin » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:45 am

Kraavdran wrote:Hey, it seems like all the traditional anime questions have been asked...

1) Are you watching any 2015 anime? If so, which ones? If there are too many to list, how about the most recent 5 or so?

1.5) What did you think of these shows?

2) You mentioned that you were interested in writing and stuff with animation. What is your ideal genre for making a story (sci-fi, modern fantasy, fantasy, slice-of-life, school life, modern, historical, etc)?

2.5) Can you describe your most recent book/series/movie idea?

3) Which anime character do you most identify with?

1.) I'm actually not watching any 2015 anime (unless you count Parasyte: The Maxim, but that started last year; its still running)

1.5) I'm loving Parasyte! As I've gotten older, I've started leaning more towards more "mature" anime and Parasyte definitely falls under that rainbow (my best friend is starting to rub off on me!)

2.) I actually don't have an ideal genre! I want to explore all types of stories and genres!

2.5.) Now, as for my most recent idea--without giving too much away--its about a wife traveling through time and space to bring back home her kidnapped husband. That's all I'll say! <3

3.) Hmmmm. This is a tough one. Ummm, which anime character do I most identify with? I'm not sure! I have to think about that one!

What about yourself? What 2015 anime are you watching, and which one's are your favorite? What anime character do you most identify with?

jlfranklin

Postby Kraavdran » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:44 am

1/1.5) Parasyte: The Maxim! That is actually on my queue on Crunchyroll. Glad to hear that it is interesting!

2/2.5) Wow, that sounds like a really interesting story! I like the role-reversal with the wife saving the husband. We need more of that in culture (in my opinion). When (and where) will this story be available for reading? :D

3) haha, sorry for springing such a tough question on you. Take your time. To be honest, I've been thinking about what I would say since I asked the question... and I'm still not certain! XD I'll try to have an answer by the time you have an answer.

What 2015 anime am I watching? Well, like you, I'm watching most shows that are continuing from 2014. They are: Yona of the Dawn, Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE!, Fafner Exodus, Log Horizon, Aldnoah.Zero, World Trigger, Fate/stay Night: Unlimited Bladeworks (TV).

I must say, my favorites are probably Aldnoah.Zero and Fate/Stay Night. Aldnoah. Zero is a nice change of pace from the typical Mecha genre and I thought the characters were really good (not to mention the combat strategies). Fate/Stay Night was one of my favorite animes when it came out. This remake is drastically different in terms of story. They are delving into the characters much better and the battle scenes are more epic (in the genre sense of the word) and not too drawn-out. The animation is also amazing (similar to Fate/Zero if you have watched that). I could probably talk about those two anime for a while, but I won't because this is your Q&A page. :)
Kraavdran

Postby jlfranklin » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:17 am

Kraavdran wrote:1/1.5) Parasyte: The Maxim! That is actually on my queue on Crunchyroll. Glad to hear that it is interesting!

2/2.5) Wow, that sounds like a really interesting story! I like the role-reversal with the wife saving the husband. We need more of that in culture (in my opinion). When (and where) will this story be available for reading? :D

3) haha, sorry for springing such a tough question on you. Take your time. To be honest, I've been thinking about what I would say since I asked the question... and I'm still not certain! XD I'll try to have an answer by the time you have an answer.

What 2015 anime am I watching? Well, like you, I'm watching most shows that are continuing from 2014. They are: Yona of the Dawn, Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE!, Fafner Exodus, Log Horizon, Aldnoah.Zero, World Trigger, Fate/stay Night: Unlimited Bladeworks (TV).

I must say, my favorites are probably Aldnoah.Zero and Fate/Stay Night. Aldnoah. Zero is a nice change of pace from the typical Mecha genre and I thought the characters were really good (not to mention the combat strategies). Fate/Stay Night was one of my favorite animes when it came out. This remake is drastically different in terms of story. They are delving into the characters much better and the battle scenes are more epic (in the genre sense of the word) and not too drawn-out. The animation is also amazing (similar to Fate/Zero if you have watched that). I could probably talk about those two anime for a while, but I won't because this is your Q&A page. :)

1./1.5) Yeah! Parasyte is REALLY good! I would say however, if you're squeamish to violence and depictions of death, don't watch it. Its not too crazy (like Genocyber, Berserk or Devilman), but still something to keep in mind if you're not too crazy about violence.

2/2.5) Thank you! I agree! I'd love to see more movies and video games where you play as the woman, and have to save her significant other--who is more normal like me--not some swole, oily, loin-cloth wearing dude you know? Maybe a ladyknight has to rescue her squire, or protect the prince? What about the a master/apprentice type relationship; a powerful wizard and your young mage. I think stories like those are so fun and can be really cute! As for when and where; I'm still writing it (and I'm a bit lazy....I need a better writing discipline! I've been tryin' to write a novel ever since I was 13 and I'm 21 now!), so I don't know! As for where, I think I'd like to be published by Vertigo or Image; I'm thinking of writing this as a graphic novel.

3.) Hahaha! I know! Its like ione of those deep "philosophical" questions you have to really think about!

jlfranklin

Postby Kraavdran » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:58 pm

1/1.5) Thanks for the heads up! Should be fine, if it is done tastefully.

2/2.5) Ah, very cool. Well, I wish you the quickest of speeds. And, if I could request, please let us (or at least me) know when it is published. And, as a side note, it is cool to hear all your ideas of having strong female leads. I think that, especially for an anime, it would be cool if the characters were equals and both narrated part of the story. It would begin with them just meeting (preferably in a "sword and sorcery" environment, fighting the forces of evil) and slowly getting closer until, second season, they get married and become an unstoppable fighting duo. I've seen some anime try to do this, particularly SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Sword Art Online

jlfranklin wrote: not some swole, oily, loin-cloth wearing dude you know?

bahaha, yes.

3) Yeah, definitely. I think that I've finally come up with an answer (granted, I've had a head-start). I'd have to say a combination of two characters. Emiya Shirou (Fate/Stay Night, original) and Yuzuru Otonashi (Angel Beats!). Maybe with a little Inaho Kaizuka (Aldnoah Zero). I hope it isn't cheating to use 2-3 characters. Maybe I just like these characters and want to be like them. But perhaps I like these characters because they have some traits that I highly value.

Although, now that I say that, I'm beginning to double-guess my answer. :/ This is really an unfair question. haha, sorry for asking it
Kraavdran

Postby Nate » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:42 pm

Personally I think there should be more swole oily loincloth wearing dudes in anime.

Like seriously getting real tired of the girly looking waifs that overrun anime, it's like I see half the promotion art and go "Whoa that chick is hot" and it's like "SURPRISE IT'S A DUDE." Quit trying to make me gay, anime!

Nate

Postby IPv4 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:49 am

Nate wrote:Personally I think there should be more swole oily loincloth wearing dudes in anime.

Like seriously getting real tired of the girly looking waifs that overrun anime, it's like I see half the promotion art and go "Whoa that chick is hot" and it's like "SURPRISE IT'S A DUDE." Quit trying to make me gay, anime!

xD
IPv4

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:00 am

I'm already liking you jlfranklin! Cool! A fellow writer! Also, you say you like urban fantasy? May I suggest Percy Jackson, The Heroes of Olympus, and The Kane Chronicles (if you haven't read them already) as well as the anime/manga Noragami and the manga Mahou Tsukai no Yome? I think these would be up your alley. Ok, now for questions...

How many story ideas do you have?
What's your favorite manga?
What's your favorite non anime movie and/or show?
Quick! Mountains or beach?
Who's your top three favorite anime characters (if you can narrow them down, that is and if not, list as many as you want)?
If you could live in any fictional universe, what would it be?

:)

Nate wrote:Personally I think there should be more swole oily loincloth wearing dudes in anime.

I'm seriously dying here! XD
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby jlfranklin » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:56 pm

PLCDreamcatcher14 wrote:I'm already liking you jlfranklin! Cool! A fellow writer! Also, you say you like urban fantasy? May I suggest Percy Jackson, The Heroes of Olympus, and The Kane Chronicles (if you haven't read them already) as well as the anime/manga Noragami and the manga Mahou Tsukai no Yome? I think these would be up your alley. Ok, now for questions...

How many story ideas do you have?
What's your favorite manga?
What's your favorite non anime movie and/or show?
Quick! Mountains or beach?
Who's your top three favorite anime characters (if you can narrow them down, that is and if not, list as many as you want)?
If you could live in any fictional universe, what would it be?

:)

I'm seriously dying here! XD

Ohhhhhhhhh! A fellow writer! Haha! Wonderfu!!! Now I have to ask, what do you enjoy writing? Who do you look up to as a writer? What genre do you write in?

YESS! I love Percy Jackson! I didn't really care for the movie (except for Alexandra Daddiro....gosh...dark hair and light eyes *blush blush*). I've never read the Kane Chronicles, but I'm familiar with the title. However, I'm starting to get weary of a lot of YA urban fantasy. They tend to be a blatant rip off of Percy Jackson, or some dumb vampire crap; which started with Twilight.

YESSS! NORAGAMI! Gosh that anime is so beautiful! Every time I sit down to watch it, it reminds me that I wanna create beautiful shows and movies like that! Now, I've never heard of Maho Sakai no Yome (my vauge grasp of Japanese translates that like: The Ancient Magic something...I can't get the last one.)

On to the questions!

1.) Too many! This is why in my WIP, my main hero travels through time, space and everything in between (I'm using it as an excuse to touch on all of my story ideas, or as many as possilbe) to find her kidnapped husband.

2.) My favorite manga are between Kamen Rider Spirits and Futari no Renai Shoka.

3.) My number one all time favorite movie is Jet Li's The Legend of the Red Dragon. Favorite TV show???? Hmmmm......that's a tough one! I love so many of them!

4.) Mountains! There might be youkai!

5.) Let's see:

1.) Black Rock Shooter (Black Rock Shooter)
2.) Zetman (Zerman)
3.) Ayumu Aikawa (Is This A Zombie?)

What about you???

6.) Any fictional universe? That's easy. The DC Universe! I'd be a wizard who solves mysteries! I'd wear street clothes everyday, but when its time to get down to business, I'd snap my fingers and summon an old school wizard outfit--a staff, a big pointy hat and a cape. What about yourself?

jlfranklin

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:44 pm

jlfranklin wrote:What about yourself? Favorite music? Which anime has the most beautiful art?

First off, sorry of the late reply. I've been really busy lately.

In regards to music, I'm gonna quote myself from a previous post since I answered this question recently and my opinion hasn't changed much:

I listen to everything from Avril Lavigne to August Burns Red. Currently, my favorite bands are probably Funeral For a Friend, You Me at Six, Dangerkids, Linkin Park, and The All-American Rejects. At my job I’m aloud to use headphones so I’ll blow through albums pretty fast. Recently, I’ve been really enjoying Alkaline Trio, Gin Blossoms, I See Stars, A Skylit Drive, and Hey Monday.

Out of the artists you mentioned, I like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Two Steps from Hell, August Burns Red, and Supercell. Don't really know the others, I'm sure they're all good though :) I actually recently listened to ABR's album Rescue and Restore and it was pretty awesome.

If you're into metalcore and electronic music, I'd highly recommend listening to I See Stars' latest album New Demons. Its one of the best metalcore/electronicore albums I've heard.

As far as anime with my favorite artwork. That's difficult to answer, but to name a few (in no particular order): Steins;Gate, Blast of Tempest, Darker Than Black, Valvrave the Liberator, Guilty Crown, Aquarion Evol, K (my current avatar is from this one), Strike the Blood, Uta no Prince-sama, and Bleach. There are more, but those are the ones that initially come to mind. Its difficult to choose which is my favorite.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby LastLfan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:39 pm

How did I not see this sooner, tokusatsu, dc comics, a writer, madhouse anime! I'm LastLfan and I will probably end up bugging the crap out of you xD. Favorite DC comics character outside of the big three? And have you seen another? Sorry I'm kinda fanboying, but welcome
LastLfan

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:21 am

jlfranklin wrote:Ohhhhhhhhh! A fellow writer! Haha! Wonderfu!!! Now I have to ask, what do you enjoy writing? Who do you look up to as a writer? What genre do you write in?

I like writing pretty much anything. I seem to particularly enjoy writing a good equal mixture of comedy and drama. It used to only be drama (cause I'm not very funny) but now I actually enjoy writing humor too (even if it's not funny X)). As far as who I look up to? Any talented writer who can bring a unique story to life and cause it to be so impactful on the people who watch/read it. What genre? I think most of my stories fall into either fantasy or romance or comedy-drama. So yeah. ^-^

jlfranklin wrote:YESS! I love Percy Jackson! I didn't really care for the movie (except for Alexandra Daddiro....gosh...dark hair and light eyes *blush blush*). I've never read the Kane Chronicles, but I'm familiar with the title.

That's pretty much how I feel about Logan Lerman. :3 Also, the Kane Chronicles are by the same author as PJ just it deals with Egyptian gods instead.

jlfranklin wrote: However, I'm starting to get weary of a lot of YA urban fantasy. They tend to be a blatant rip off of Percy Jackson, or some dumb vampire crap; which started with Twilight.

lol. XD

jlfranklin wrote:YESSS! NORAGAMI! Gosh that anime is so beautiful! Every time I sit down to watch it, it reminds me that I wanna create beautiful shows and movies like that!

Yes! Noragami certainly is beautiful. It's one of my favorites.

jlfranklin wrote: Now, I've never heard of Maho Sakai no Yome (my vauge grasp of Japanese translates that like: The Ancient Magic something...I can't get the last one.)

The Ancient Magus Bride. Very close. I need to study Japanese more. I couldn't translate any of that myself except for Mahou.

jlfranklin wrote:On to the questions!

1.) Too many! This is why in my WIP, my main hero travels through time, space and everything in between (I'm using it as an excuse to touch on all of my story ideas, or as many as possilbe) to find her kidnapped husband.

That would be really cool if all of your stories took place in the same universe with each story being separate yet still having little nods to the other stories and cameos of your other stories characters. Kind of like what CLAMP does.

jlfranklin wrote:2.) My favorite manga are between Kamen Rider Spirits and Futari no Renai Shoka.

3.) My number one all time favorite movie is Jet Li's The Legend of the Red Dragon. Favorite TV show???? Hmmmm......that's a tough one! I love so many of them!

4.) Mountains! There might be youkai!

5.) Let's see:

1.) Black Rock Shooter (Black Rock Shooter)
2.) Zetman (Zerman)
3.) Ayumu Aikawa (Is This A Zombie?)

What about you???

Um...let's see...
1. Yato (Noragami)
2. Xerxes Break (Pandora Hearts)
3. Fai D. Flourite (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle)

Man, that was hard.

jlfranklin wrote:6.) Any fictional universe? That's easy. The DC Universe! I'd be a wizard who solves mysteries! I'd wear street clothes everyday, but when its time to get down to business, I'd snap my fingers and summon an old school wizard outfit--a staff, a big pointy hat and a cape. What about yourself?

Would your cape have little white stars on it? :)

As for myself, I'd love to live in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I'd be a waterbender who travels the world, hopefully with the Avatar. Or maybe the Final Fantasy universe. Heck, I wouldn't even care if I was just some powerless extra person in the background as long as I could see that cool world. lol.
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby jlfranklin » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:50 pm

LastLfan wrote:How did I not see this sooner, tokusatsu, dc comics, a writer, madhouse anime! I'm LastLfan and I will probably end up bugging the crap out of you xD. Favorite DC comics character outside of the big three? And have you seen another? Sorry I'm kinda fanboying, but welcome

Yo! LastLfan! Duuuuuude! Don't worry about fanboying!!!!! I normally am the one worried about fanboying too much (speaking of that, do you ever get the feeling that your non-nerd friends have secret meetings where they talk about how annoying you are? I get that feeling sometimes.........)

Oh gosh! Okay, my number one all time favorite DC comics hero is the John Stewart Green Lantern. First of all, this was the GL I grew up with. I remember watching Justice League and JLU on Saturday mornings, and I LOVED GL's powers. I would totally be a Green Lantern (because I love space time, the powers are awesome, and the fanboy in me wants an alien wife :P) What about you? Who is your favorite DC comics character outside of the big three? If you could partner up with any DC hero, who would it be?

I've never watched Another, but its on my list! IS it good?

jlfranklin

Next

Return to Who's Who